Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentToday at 2:17 pmShiro HyugaThe Fury Meets A FurryToday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoA toughtfull momentToday at 8:33 amKaikos BlossomFar Away Yesterday at 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 8:18 pmXena UchihaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 8:02 pmDante HyugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 1:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 34%
11 Posts - 16%
10 Posts - 14%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Link
Mission Record : Link
Summoning Contract : Forgotten Owls
Living Clones : Valeiru
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Puppetry Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 54000

The path to heaven? Empty The path to heaven?

Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:12 pm

The path to heaven? A9ZAf7m

The path to heaven? RlNMUAA

The feeling of getting Teleported Via Instant transmission is one of nothingness, the part of the body that gets wreathed and subsumed by the chakra that allows the Jutsu to whisk one away over such vast distances so quickly.. Feels not even numb, As if it exists but outside of space and time for the breif moments that occur between the start of the Teleportation and the end of it. Like being embraced by the distinct memory of forgetting something, but having never remembered what it was you forgot, only the memory of forgetting remains until it to was forgotten.  The Moment that Tima's hand was taken in that handshake and the blink that followed after was all it took to suddenly be somewhere new.

The Room was Awash in this damp cool air that was unlike anything else in the hotsprings lands.. not the dampness but the general sense of comforting cold that was married to it. The scent came next, one of incense and stone walls with that dusty stone and faintly metallic tinge that went with it. The room was lit only by the Faint light that pierced .. was the sky overcast or was the air here just extremely misty.. One would have to be outside to check for certain. the Faint light peirced a glass circle at the ceiling to cast a direct beam of light onto floor where a Bright white circle was painted that  was the center piece of Eight Arrows pointing outward from that white spot, the outer edges of these arrows were Blood red, painted to look like fresh blood that would never dry.

Tima let go of Manjiro's hand and gestured around the space, "Welcome To Yugures own Temple to Jashin, Please look around while we wait for The others to gather with us. I am Our resident Travel Master.. Capable of going to and fro at a whim, How we arrived is exactly how we will depart when you wish to leave. Our home is secret, And once you are inside you can not leave without use of immense force.. And should you attempt that You would be stopped before you suceedded. So it shall simply be easier to find me and ask to leave, which will be easily done whenever you wish." He clapped his hands together gently as he finished speaking and looked around the temple a moment before looking at the Seven statues.

He looked from the statues back to Manjiro and tilted his head gently as if curious "Do you know who they might be? I am curious how much Jashinists learn or know of their own gods doings, and feelings on certain matters." The statues he referred to were massive, well over 20 feet tall for each statue and looked for the most part to be your standard Humans albeit with strangely long and sharp looking finger nails, which may simply have been a cultural or clan aesthetic. He also gestured to the smaller statues which were human shaped, strewn about the shadowed ares of the temple, but left with completely smooth faces, devoid of detail in obvious states of death or dying.

528/528

Current Health Bar: 300/300  | AP: 1100/1100

Vigor: 25 |  Chakra: 100 | Speed: 150 | Strength: 25 | Throwing Speed: 115 | Throwing Distance: 57 Meters | Jumping Distance/Height 42 Meters

Manjiro
Manjiro
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Stat Page : Stat Page
Mission Record : Mission Record
Summoning Contract : Lineage of the Vermillion Bird
Familiar : Stout The Stoat
Genjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Water Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Ryo : 14500

The path to heaven? Empty Re: The path to heaven?

Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:17 pm
There is a type of Chakra usage like Ninjutsu called Space-Time, it involves bending the very fabric of reality to your whim. One of the most common usages is for Summoning the other and just as important usage? Teleportation. Instant, can cover just about any distance if you mark the area you wish to visit later on. Something that Manjiro had only gotten a taste of with his current abilities in the field. He could bend and tear the rules of physics only so much but Arantima was able to access that final destination of the field. It made Manjiro wonder if the man had access to their own Dimension, a world of their own crafting to do with what they pleased. It was a place that Manjiro planned to make of his own once he grew strong enough too.

The teleportation was as quick as it was long, a moment stretched till infinity then snapped back into time. They arrived wherever it was that Arantima had taken them, stone, light, moisture like mist in the air, bits of information that Manjiro stored in his mind. Small bits of a puzzle to be figured out. Arantima explained their current location. Yugure, a hideout or stronghold of the groups design. Manjiro listened and nodded understanding the warning being given. Play nice, ask for permission to leave and things will be cordial. Simple and easy. Manjiro looked around the room they were in, statues littered the area some small and faceless others up to seven were 20 meters in height and with sharp nails.

Arantima’s words asked a simple question about if Manjiro knew of these figures immortalized in stone and how much the Jashinist learned of Lord Jashin’s doings. Manjiro smiled, one of wonder for he knew the story, any Chinoike that half paid attention to their history knew of the Kyuketski clan. Their “rivals” in the past now its here or there dependent on the person more then the group. “Of course, these are the seven that devoured my clansmen hundreds of years ago back when our two clans were at each other's throats. For this action Lord Jashin blessed them with their immortality, their strength, their unending bloodthrist.” Manjiro mentioned as he studied the faces and their details of the figures. “Of course not everyone thinks what Lord Jashin gave them was a blessing but a curse to damn them for their actions against the clan itself. I don’t believe that though. Lord Jashin isn’t good or evil, He simply is. His teachings speak of death and destruction, one of chaos and freedom. To those who follow the rules set in place by society he is evil and cruel. To those wishing to be a free as you could be he is strict but fair. Its why we share our teachings with our Neighbors, well the good ones. As you should always be kind and cordial to those close to you.” Manjiro said as he enjoyed choosing to go with Arantima. He still had no idea if he would leave this place alive or unharmed as he knew that his words could easily cost him his life but Lord Jashin taught to not fear death and if that was his fate then that was all there was to it.

“Arantima, if you don’t mind me asking with your ability at using Space-Time are you able to make your own dimension? I hear that is the peak of the field and I hope some day to reach it.” Manjiro said with a  smile, that did not quite reach his eyes those would be filled with a sense of unending curiosity.

WC: 600

Last edited by Manjiro on Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added WC cause I'm dumb and forgot to put it in)
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:39 pm

He looked at Manjiro as he explained what he knew of The Kyuketsuki and their creation and he tsked softly "What they do not tell.. Is why there are only Seven up here..  Nor do they Tell what happened to those Seven.. When My Sister arrives, Ask her. and be civil about it.. But ask her She may grace you with a history lesson if you mention that you wish to learn. She can be stern but she wont bite unless provoked." He then turned his head when he mentioned Dimensions and shook his head.

"My Focus is on Bukijutsu. Space time i am simply A Talented prodigy with.. Were i to Change my overall focus I could perhaps tap into those, but I have always been good with my equipment.. All of my Equipment is designed and crafted by myself. I distribute it globally on the black market, though it isnt exceedingly popular."  He takes a moment and his eyes glow a dusty golden as the Chakram around his shoulder is wreathed in the same color chakra before it flies off his shoulder, safely, to hover behind his back and head like a halo. It begins to spin, at first slowly along its bladed edge until the spin becomes so fast that just its motion in the air causes perceptible disturbance in the air of a low volume but high pitched humming sound.

"Pairing Space time and Bukijutsu techniques can be astoundingly dangerous, I have even developed my own Special Jutsu that, while simple is potentially devastating. If you wish for any basic instruction on some Space time Jutsus while you stay I can fascilitate this, I never turn down the chance to teach." He smiles genuinely towards Manjiro and shifts his gaze gently towards the Statues even as the Chakram continues to spin behind his head, perfectly turning with his changes of position so that it stays behin his head and shoulder area like some deranged and deadly Halo.

331/859

Vigor: 25 |  Chakra: 100 | Speed: 150 | Strength: 25 | Throwing Speed: 115 | Throwing Distance: 57 Meters | Jumping Distance/Height 42 Meters

Nenra
Nenra
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : The Drifter
Remove Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:56 pm
It was by pure luck and gamble that Yazui managed to find  Arantima and Manjiro so soon. After the duo had vanished from the temple, the brown-haired man had been quick to rush back to headquarters. Always impatient, always unwilling to waste time dawdling around. Unless it came to cooking, of course. He figured it was his time to get to know this young stranger. He felt more comfortable in smaller groups. More personable and less distractions. Less people to observe and gage and less information to take in.

Once Yazui was back inside, it was a gamble where they would have gone first. His first hunch, since the discussion had steered towards that mysterious faith, had been the temple to Jashin. Yazui had been there exactly once, when he was new and giving himself a tour of the place. The large, looming statues gave the place an ominous feel when he had stood there, as if Yazui was trespassing on hallowed ground. Of everyone in Yugure, he was the only one without any ties to this Jashin. An outsider at best or an intruder at worst. This was another reason why he wanted to seek them out. To learn about Jashin and his relation to the Kyuketsuki. Knowledge was power, after all.

Yazui would enter the room just as Manjiro was discussing the seven statues. He would walk softly, not the walk of someone sneaking around unnoticed but rather of someone who didn't want to attract too much attention to himself. The boy was giving valuable exposition and Yazui didn't want to interrupt him. He would move further into the room, keeping a respectful three meters distance from the duo as he wasn't part of their conversation yet. Hands tucked in the pockets of his red traceling coat, sunglasses still covering his eyes, he would wait for Arantima to finish his offer for teaching. The boy would accept the offer if he was smart; Arantima was a skilled teacher as long as you didn't mind some cuts and bruises. Or some broken bones at worst. Nothing a medical-nin wouldn't be able to patch up.

"Arantima-senpai...", Yazui would say with a chuckle. "Moving all over the place, almost as much as your mood." He would flash a toothy smile at the Kyuketsuki. A goofy, disarming gesture meant to show the joke was meant to be taken in good spirit. It was also a test; now that a basis of comradery had been formed Yazui wanted to know what buttons he could safely push and which ones to stay far away from.

He would then turn to Manjiro. The young man had been very interested in Arantima's space-time jutsu and had been completely disinterested in Yazui back at the temple. With this in mind, Yazui expected his reaction to be lukewarm at best. "Manjiro, wasn't it? My name is Yazui. Apologies for not greeting you earlier, but it seemed more appropriate to let my comrades do the talking. Now that you're here, however, I wish you a very warm welcome here in Yugure." He would extend his hand to Manjiro. Not to whisk him away to some new location but just to shake it out of courtesy. He would keep it extended for about two seconds, if Manjiro didn't offer his own then Yazui would retract his hand with a small shrug.

"Anyway....", he said as he tucked his hands back into his pockets. "Please don't mind me. I overheard you talking about Jashin, and I realized my ignorance on the matter. This religion of yours-" he nodded to Manjiro "-seems to play a large role in the history of both your clans as well as Mizuki-sama's personal life." He recalled how she reacted to Manjiro bringing it up. How cold it had turned her.....

"So I guess I'm here to learn as well.", he concluded.

Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Ryo : 330650

Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 pm
The swiftness of her companions departure was felt as soothingly as a cold breeze on hot skin, taking only a moment more to herself she too would melt into the floor - moving in her own form of nothing; following the tug of the cluster of chakra signatures that had moved from right next to her back to Yugure. Though when she melded back into the upper world she didn’t appear in their midst immediately. Instead not fully forming on the shoulder of the nearest 20 meter statue - Hiromasa as it was. Settling her elbows on the stone shoulder and leaning forward she peered down at the men, opting to watch their interaction before injecting herself. Having learned that people showed more of their true natures when they were not openly being watched by unblinking stare.

The room easily echoed their words up to her, so the conversation - while a step behind - was clearly heard. The hint given by Arantima about the seven monolithic figures in the room seemed to be unnecessary as the Chinoike rivaled her knowledge back when she began in Sunagakure of the lost clan. The thrill of pride in her history not being as lost as she suspected was clouded by the whine of suspicion that ran through her mind like raking nails. The black and white of thought was not how he saw the teachings of Jashin and she had to admit there was a point to be made for that perspective - how often had she tried to convince others of the grey in the world? It was simply her long life among the mortals who lived by society’s strict good and evil mantra that got in her way.

The talk of religion and Jashin was set aside momentarily to show off knowledge of the art of weaponry. Of course this was also set aside for the frame eyed Yazui introducing himself and jabbing at Arantima in a familiar way - the gentle smile that emerged from the interaction cracking the distaste that had been clouding her expression. This Manjiro… he was like shifting silk under finger tips - unable to be pinned down as easily as the others with a personality so slick it was difficult to get a grip on. As Kazekage she might have joked around with him, flirted even, any angle to see what would pry open that sliding personality. That would have taken time and patience that she sorely lacked now a days. Having had enough of her watching she merged fully again with the stone and back up behind Arantima - walking around his back to face Manjiro as if materializing out of nothing.

Angling her face up to point her chin at Manjiro and gaze at him with half lidded eyes, the look wasn’t harsh by any means but openly assessing. As though she was willing his thoughts to spread out and explain themselves before her. “Objectively your thoughts make sense, they may even sway, but put into practice… I am dying to understand how it is fair to be bound as we are when your clan is blessed as well with none of those mind altering drawbacks. Chaotic yes, give immortality to a brutish and bloody people but give them hearts and minds that fight against those gifts at every turn. How is it that as a Chinoike you are even able to find it in yourself to worship a figure that brought about gifts for the very creatures that devoured your people? Do you have a warped sense of loyalty? Or are you simply-” through this she had held her arms crossed tight over her chest, only letting them fly out into a wide armed stance. “- a winged insect enthralled by the funeral pyre? I will happily travel far beyond the path of reason and still find myself baffled by the mere concept that you and I are vouching for opposite view points. It should be me speaking praises for the masochistic Lord and yet it is you.”

Allowing her hands to drop to her sides she shook her head slightly to break the gaze, her eyes searching the ground as she tried to grapple with the bizarreness of this situation. “I… I just don’t understand how you can see the world the way you do, but be damned if I don’t want to listen.”

wc 725
Manjiro
Manjiro
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)

Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:31 pm
What happened to the original seven. Where did they go. How did they die or did they even do so? Arantima’s questions and leading information certainly had Manjiro thinking about what was told about the people who ate his clansmen all those years ago. There had been a rampage in the clan if he remembered the history well but beyond that he realized the Chinoike clan didn’t have much information about what happened after that. He wasn’t sure if it had been lost to time or just hadn’t been all that important to pass down. A curiosity rose within the young Chinoike, he would have to follow this up with Mizuki as suggested though based off the prior interaction it would be best to approach it civil like as mentioned. He had no fear of death and accepted its coming but to lose his life trying to gain information about history wasn’t all that great way to go.

“Yes I will have to ask Mizuki when I get a chance.” He responded in between Arantima’s explanation of how he was unable to form a dimension as he was more focused on Bukijutsu, the use of weapons and the like. Something that Manjiro had an interest in as you had to be quite deft with a blade to perform some of the rituals for Lord Jashin. The usage of Arantima’s Chakra as a mock halo was quite interesting and showed a high level of chakra control, though that had already been shown when teleported to this new location from their prior but the information was stored away all the same.

“It would seem that I will end up taking you up on that offer of teaching, don’t wish miss any chance to learn more.” Manjiro said as he heard someone enter the room, it was the one that had been wearing the glasses and red coat. “Ah its one of those with the special eyes I see you aren’t trying to catch my eye this time around.” He would say to the individual’s initial introduction. “No apologies are needed Yazui, I understand.” Reaching out with his hand he would firmly shake Yazui’s hand, after all at this point if they wished to dispatch him he was literally in the perfect place to do so but it would be a weird play and drawn out interaction if that was the case.

“Yeah, Lord Jashin has a habit of leaving his mark all over the world if you look close enough.” Manjiro would say nodding his head at Yazui’s comment on the influence of the deity on the clans. “Always a positive to be willing to learn whatever you can about the things we don’t know.” Manjiro said as he also was here to learn and satiate his own curiosity.

The sudden appearance of Mizuki, was a thorn in Manjiro’s side, not because he disliked her or the appearance of her in the room but because he had been unable to sense her movements. A thorn to remind him that he still had plenty to grow. She seemed to appear from the shadows from behind Arantima and approached Manjiro seeming to openly be assessing the young man from his words and actions.

She opened with some valid and direct questioning. Just how was it fair that her clan had to deal with all these seemingly massive drawbacks while the his own clan seemed to suffer from none of the flaws presented? How could he have such a loyal viewpoint of Lord Jashin while it would seem that he shouldn’t be favoring a deity that willing gave out blessings to their enemies for doing such a horrid act against his own clansmen of old?

Then a moment of not exactly defeat came from the woman but one of confusion and a desire to understand the mental gymnastics that Manjiro seemed to be doing in his own thoughts of Lord Jashin.

“Ah Mizuki, A pleasure to see you here. I thank you for the allowance of being brought here and being shown this.” He would say with a slight bow and a sweeping hand towards the statues, he was learning and that was his main goal in life. To devour information and knowledge hungerly adding it to his pool of expertise and understanding. There was so much to enjoy in this world and with every choice he made he seemed to be validated in his actions.

Manjiro took a moment to ponder Mizuki’s questions, he wanted to make sure he could put his thoughts properly into words or at least get close enough to be able to build off as the conversation continued.

“Fair? No he is only fair in his uncaring and chaotic nature.” He would start, “The reason why I am able to continue my following of Lord Jashin is not because I believe him to be some deity that will only shower me in gifts and power if I follow him but I know that he will simply allow me the chance to gain what I wish as long as I get past myself.” Manjiro would offer to the beginning of her questions. “There is still much unknown about our clan’s own powers but legends speak of elders going insane from the gifts given, though we aren’t sure how valid those are as it seems to have disappeared in recent history.” He offered as he remembered the various texts talking about people having been able to converse with Lord Jashin directly and how some were sure they were a god walking on this planet themselves. Manjiro didn’t know if these were valid instances or just the rambles of the ancient and old making excuses for the mentally insane.

“My life is ruled not by a god, but by myself. Lord Jashin just helped me on my path and continues to do so, though whether that path ends at the end of a blade through my body or in my sleep due to old age is one that I won’t know till it passes.” He offered with a smile. Manjiro didn’t have any hint of smugness or holier than thou with his words, he took his time as he needed to say them and offered eye contact to Mizuki as needed. If his theories had any leg to stand on then with these statues, Arantima’s mysterious words and Mizuki’s own reactions there was a chance that Mizuki was either a descendant of one of the original seven from that old history or was possibly even one of the very seven portrayed here. He had no grounds to accept this as fact just yet but the beginning of an inkling was forming and it made him excited for the possibility to meet someone who had such a direct line to knowledge that most would not be able to learn whether it be from word of mouth passed down from parent to child or from the very mouth of one of the people there at the event.

“I do not know if I will ever be able to fully satiate your curiosity on how I see the world and Lord Jashin but I too would love to discuss it whenever you wish.” He offered as he wore his smile, a seemingly open book to those who wished to read him.

WC: 1225
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:33 am

Arantima looked over at Yazui as he entered and his head tilted slightly as he heard Yazui call him senpai. He smirked slightly as the Halo-esque chakram shot out from behind him head towards Yazui at 105 Speed before getting caught in the lightly bent fingers of his hand that had shot out at 150 speed. The whole thing was so fluid and smooth it would be hard to tell if it was casual or threat if one hadnt fought Arantima before, which yazui had.. The way that his hand was already at the catching point made it clear that he was playing back, even if the blade spun rapidly against his fingers causing a slight scrape against his metallic armor.

He Smiled at Yazui fully and brightly as he spoke, the chakram still spinning but slowing perfectly thematically with his words "If I didn't know that no one could enter our space without my knowing I'd have sworn you were not you Yazui.. His smile went back down to a smirk as his Chakram floated back up to become a halo once more. "My mood is actually always the same.. It is simply which aspects of it that seep out that change.  Much like fruits are cherry picked for the most succulent aspects, my mood is filtered for only the most powerful parts. Powerful emotions are simply the ones that win, and in a way it filtrates those who want to see past that intensity to see who I am in the dark."

He turned to face Manjiro again and stood almost at attention, hands clasped behind his back as he stood directly infront of the statue of his own father, hopefully demonstrating the resemblance between himself and the Member of the Seven known as Kyobo - The Tactician. "You will get that chance sooner than you think.. My sister moves with even more stealth than myself, and I can move without moving.. If we linger long enou... He stops as he feels Mizu's presence come into full sense behind himself, even if she was suppressing her chakra he could sense her blood once her body was fully manifested out of Mayfly.

He bowed slightly at the waist as she passed him but mostly out of respect instead of reverence, letting her take the center stage for the conversation as he moved a bit back and behind her as was his place as her Lieutenant. He waited silently and patiently for them to finish conversing and tilted his head gently "Something I don't think anyone.. Ever seems to latch on to is a truth practiced by the less.. Shall we say.. Warrior inclined followers of Jashin. Jashin is a god that demands understanding, and that one understands what one inflicts on others in a deep way. It is only something I have observed since we have lived out here in the land of Hotsprings. The Non Ninja priests or followers of Jashin are far less violent than those so called followers who are ninja."

He holds his left hand out "On one hand you have the zealots of a religion who would take its teachings into such an extreme context that it perverts it into something unrecognizable such as.. for example.. Sacrifices to a God that does not want them, and yet would reward such service because he is a god of understanding and so understands these zealots only see their actions as the truest path of servitude and can not punish them for that."

He holds his right hand out "On the other.. You have the idea that the Zealotry is the end goal of true understanding.. And the rewards for the zealotry are the truest reward.. In either case you have a religion that is hard to observe objectively without some distrust." He looked between Manjiro and Mizu cautiously as he spoke his thoughts on the matter, hoping that he hasnt struck a bad chord with either of them before he nods his head towards them both and asks if he can continue.

If allowed he would say "I saw a Follower of Jashin discipline his students.. One student had cuased a cut on the other and the Teacher handed the student a knife and Bade him cut his own flesh in the same place in the same way. As both punishment and teaching.. So that he may understand his fellow students pain before they were both bandaged and tended.. This is something I observed, and strikes a chord about the tenant of understanding... One must not inflict something on others that one does not understand deeply. However, once one does understand, there is no restriction in how one uses that knowledge."

784/1643

Nenra
Nenra
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : The Drifter
Remove Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:03 pm
As the chakram sped towards Yazui, the man gave no visible reaction other than continuing his teasing smile. While there was the slightest bit of doubt, he estimated from the differences in Arantima's composure compared to their spar that there was a lack of killing intent behind this move. Like an older brother giving a younger brother a noogie after being provoked. It was an interesting dynamic considering Yazui was the older of the two yet Arantima was the senior both in skill and position within the group. Yazui would respect this position for now and play his part as the junior, respectfully nodding when Arantima explained how his moods worked even as his thoughts were more mocking and sneering.

"A madman choosing which part of his madness to show, huh? Or perhaps an animal choosing which mask to wear...."

Manjiro, for his part, seemed very sociable and polite in his greeting, shaking Yazui's hand with what seemed to be genuine enthusiasm. This came as somewhat of a surprise to Yazui. These good manners of him would probably endear him at least somewhat to Mizuki, he figured. In spite of their differing beliefs.

Speaking of Mizuki, the woman herself entered the conversation, seemingly blending out of the shadows behind Arantima. This way of moving had shocked Yazui back when they first met and she used this jutsu to pop into the old cottage he was in. It had long since ceased to surprise him, although he was still curious as to the inner workings of the jutsu. The reason he hadn't asked about it aside from opportunity was because he assumed it was beyond his current level.

The way she effortlessly took over the conversation by getting up in Manjiro's face sent a clear message that she was in control here. Implied social rules were more inconveniences to her, so it seemed. In normal circumstances it would have struck Yazui as rude and unsightly, but it simply made her seem.... otherwordly. As she began to speak, Yazui would listen, taking in what information he could make out from the background of their respective clans. It was interesting, this clash of beliefs. If anything and from what context Yazui could make up, it was almost a discussion between control and acceptance. This Jashin God sounded much like the world itself; cruel, uncaring and chaotic. Those dealt a bad hand by the world of by God could come to resent it, or accept it and thereby their own insignificance.

Then Arantima offered his insights on zealotry, and Yazui was quite lost. He was not a religious person, and he was well aware of this crucial difference between him and the rest of the room. As such, his frame of reference was quite difference. He would wait respectfully for Arantima to finish before chiming in for himself. "Well, at the risk of sounding like a heathen..", he would start off with a chuckle. "...I can't say I can relate to this talk about zealotry. For all my life, the things I followed were the orders of my village and later on the orders of Yugure, along with my own desires." He felt out of place discussing these matters, but still had his questions. "But I can understand religion from a practical concept. If one takes away the idea of some.... deity or supernatural concience, all that remains is the simple question of how one perceives life and how one should live it. The question to me is, does this desire for direction and purpose justify the existence of a god? Or is a god simply the result of human's desire for something of value in this cesspit?" Despite his normally cheerful demeanor, with Yazui getting more invested in the discussion, his own pessimistic worldview was seeping through the cracks of his mask. The cynic behind the smile had peeked out. "Or to put it simply, Arantima-san... does the wolf understand the pain it inflicts on its prey when it tears them to shreds.... or is it just hungry?"

676/1321

Last edited by Yazui on Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot wc)
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Ryo : 330650

Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:17 pm
His first reaction to her was as respectful as one could get, and the sincerity of his grateful words simmered down her manic mood into one closer to calm observance again. He was the most grey person she had ever met; meaning that most people lean one way or the other more often than not. Definitely there are grey people but even those have a darker or lighter hue where he seemed as middle thinking as you can get.

Logically spiritual. A concept that is rarely seen displayed with this much ease - he wasn’t trying to be balanced in this way and that made all the difference. Then you look to Arantima, who had begun an impassioned if not detailed perspective shift of his own. Body language and facial expressions are more engaged, possibly even convincing in tone.

Lastly was the pragmatist, standing resolutely in Yazui as he confessed that it wasn’t about who’s side was more right ideologically when you get down to the fact that - you live and die by the orders of a village.

These words snagged her attention- her eyes flashing up to watch Yazui - its sentiment was akin to her own personal belief. That all villages are their own microcosms controlled by the very few; and those in those seats of power she has met are of the masochistic or apathetic temperament. Through these moments of observation, and as the conversation flowed between the men - she in turn froze in preternatural stillness. Only the unexpected words, “...does the wolf understand the pain it inflicts on its prey when it tears them to shreds....or is it just hungry?”, broke her stillness.

As if resuming a paused frame she melted back into motion, her eyes alight with particular interest as her arms crossed and straightened - attention now focused back on Manjiro. “While you might not be able to sate my curiosity on Jashin, let’s see if we can sate my growing interest in you… past the Jashin scripture.” Mouth quirking in delight, “Answer the question. ‘Does the wolf understand the pain it inflicts on its prey when it tears them to shreds.... or is it just hungry?’ “ The question wasn’t meant to raise any flags - it's a straightforward question with something vital to be learned about the one who answered. So she waited, the smirk still playing on her lips.

wc 394
Manjiro
Manjiro
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)

Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:09 pm
So many different viewpoints were being shared and surprisingly no one has pulled out a kunai to stick it through someone, well if you don’t count the Chakram that Arantima was putting through flight movements displaying a fine chakra control.

Yazui had brought up an interesting question though it was certainly something that was easily answered due to the knowledge about how wolves work and act, so when Mizu brought up the question for Manjiro to answer he already knew what he was going to say.

“It’s a good question if you think of a wolf or wolves in general as unintelligent and simple beasts because then you are asking if the uncaring beast understands its harming another creature beyond what nature intends or do they simple do it because they are hungry and following their base instincts.” Manjiro started as he smiled, “Wolves are smart, intelligent, kind even in most circumstances. They understand hunting for food and not to inflict unneeded pain as they are capable of understanding what pain is quite well just like their domesticated cousins the Dog.” He continued as he explained his reasonings.

“Now the slight change to that question that would make it a more in-depth analyzes of morals would not be “Does the wolf understand the pain it inflicts on its prey when it tears them to shreds or is it just hungry?” but “Does the Wolf care about the pain it inflicts on its prey when it tears them to shreds?” simply because the first question is yes it understands but does it care? No most likely not as if its eating for food it only cares about filling its belly to survive the next day. The folly of comparing animals to humans is that we tend to hope they have the same crisis as we do, or well some of us do when inflicting harm onto others whether it have a good reason or not, they simply wish to survive. We get to go beyond surviving life and live life.”

“An even better question for the right creature would be insects. Do they understand what pain is? Do they feel like we do or even like wolves, tigers, bears? Or do they simple work off their base instincts and go through life from birth to grave never worrying about much else besides accomplishing what they feel is the path they must undertake?” Manjiro had plenty of thoughts on how humans superimposed their own intelligence, moral issues and even societal issues on things that don’t work off a human’s viewpoint, it was an interesting discussion to dive into with the right people. It becomes a less interesting topic to those who can’t see past their own selves though, but it is easy to change that boring time into an interesting one with the right blade.

WC: 473
TWC: 2298
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum