Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sebastian Mikaelson
Sebastian Mikaelson
Master
Master
Stat Page : King of Hearts
Remove Iryōjutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Tsukigakure
Ryo : 422000

Winds of Change [G, IO] Empty Winds of Change [G, IO]

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:08 pm
With a heavy pace Sebastian made his way through the Spire. "No need to get up, I can find it myself" the Tau responded to the woman sitting at the front desk. It wouldn't be the first time nor would it be the last that the Sunagakure's Berserker found himself inside the massive building where the Kazekage's Office was located. An ivory tower, almost as impressive as the former mercenary himself. Assuming Guren would be expecting Sebastian's arrival he continued walking towards his destination, a couple of things on his mind that he wanted and needed to discuss with the Big Blood.

With both Kenshin and Ibari gone, either permanently or temporarily, and Mizuki nowhere to be found, there had been a couple of changes in Sunagakure's hierarchy. Although it could hardly be called that considering it simply meant open spots had been created. Despite the fact that politics weren't exactly his cup of tea, Sebastian still wanted to know the direction they were going to take, even if it meant he had to get involved in village matters more. Which was exactly why everyone's favorite Bersker was now standing in front of Guren's office, waiting to discuss what the future would bring. 

(WC: 203)
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Big Blood
Living Clones : Zidane
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 25000

Winds of Change [G, IO] Empty Re: Winds of Change [G, IO]

Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:47 pm
Within the confines of his office, Guren had begun to finally unwind for the day. He tidied his desk, organizing the remaining papers to review into a neat and small stack tucked into the corner of the desk. And for the massive pile he had already ran through, he'd square to to the opposing corner of his desk. When he finished cleaning up his workspace, he'd wait a few minutes momentarily using his chakra sensory to detect if anyone had been encroaching on his office. When this returned no readings and he was sure the coast was clear, he'd slide his hand underneath the surface of his desk and press a button. An audible "click" was heard, unfastening a secret compartment from the drawer and extending outwards in his direction. He'd move his hand to grasp the documents inside, remove them, then space them securely on his desk.

He didn't feel comfortable with anyone potentially seeing the contents of these documents and so he always looked to dive back into them when the working day had wound down. His eye skimmed over them quickly and he paused, thinking to himself how was best to act upon them. Standing from his desk to take a break, he'd flip the papers over so they were face down, and he'd walk away from his desk and approach the window. But his train of thought would be shortly broken by the sound of heavy set footsteps. Turning his head slightly, he'd peer at the entrance to his office out the peripheral of his eye. And to his surprise, it was none other than his boy Seb.

"Seb, good to see you." Guren would let out while turning around in place and propping himself against the glass panel of his window. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

WC = 301
Sebastian Mikaelson
Sebastian Mikaelson
Master
Master

Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:34 pm
Glad to see how happy Guren was that he arrived, Sebastian set foot further into the Kazekage's Office, closing the door behind him as what he wanted to discuss wouldn't be for anyone else to hear. "How've you been G, no one giving you any trouble besides me?". Laughing loudly at the realization of how big of a troublemaker he could be the young Tau walked closer until he'd be standing in front of the desk. "Now, you won't expect to hear this coming from me and no you're not dreaming, but I'm here to discuss some serious matters". Giving his friend a moment to recover from the massive shock that would be Sebastian wanting to talk about something that didn't involve killing or cursing, Sunagakure's Berserker waited before he'd continue. 

Clearing his throat after finding the words he wanted to say, the former mercenary would proceed. "With Kenshin, Ibari, Souji and Mizuki gone, either temporarily or permanently, our village is in a tight spot" he began to address the elephant in the room. His master was no longer around to guide him, their ANBU Commander disappeared and where the kid and lady in red ran off to he had no clue in the slighest. "You taking the position of Kazekage is only one solution to many problems. In case the ones I mentioned earlier don't return we are left with only inexperienced Genin and almost no one fit to lead". Obviously the two of them could take care of that but the question was how optimal that would be considering the amount of work they had ahead of them.

Placing both hands on the desk and leaning forward he'd inquire about Guren's thoughts on the matter. "What do you think? I suggest taking one step at a time, perhaps a Chuunin Exam could help giving our younger shinobi some actual experience". With everything going on the last couple of weeks an event might just be the change of pace everyone needed. 

(WC: 332, TWC: 535)
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Mon May 02, 2022 10:57 am
Upon hearing Seb of all people stating that he wanted to discuss a serious matter, Guren's face clearly displayed an expression of shock. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes narrowed, and his mouth bore a semi smirk. It was something unheard of, but considering the state that Sunagakure had been in, completely understandable. Guren anticipated what the topic could have been on, but wanted to hear it straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. And so while he appeared puzzled, he refrained from interrupting until Seb got his point across. It was important to him to respect the thoughts of those he trusted. The room remained quiet as the initial wave of surprise had cut through the air before Seb continued.

And there it was. The exact topic that Guren had been pondering prior to his friend entering the room. Naturally Guren's response was to sigh, as it had been a touchy subject. But absolutely one worth discussing. And perhaps it would be refreshing to unload some of the thoughts in his mind. The kazekage nodded in agreement to the lack of leadership aside from his own position. And as Seb approached the desk and firmly placed his hands upon its surface, an immediate solution was provided on the issue. A Chuunin Exam. 

"Hmm? I think that is quite the solution, my friend. I have been taking time to get to know these genin, and while some seem inexperienced at face value, others uphold the level of confidence and competency we'd expect from a Chuunin. Perhaps this would be a proper way to evaluate them then. But with so few, I doubt we can do this in traditional style. What do you think of doing it in three parts, where we score them on each round and the participant with the highest total amount of points is eligible for promotion? The first, testing the mind with an exam that you and I can draft up. The second, testing their combat in a free for fall should there be less than 3 or 4 genin participating. And for the final round...I'm a bit stumped here. Any ideas?"

Guren deeply appreciated the idea of his friend, and channeled his own creativity to flow through Seb's. However there was another issue pressing Guren's mind, which sort of aligned with the topic at hand. And so after Seb provided his comments on Guren's proposed exam structure, Guren would offer a proposition to the Berserker.

"With discussions of promotions, I think it's only fair that you are elevated from your Chuunin status. I don't think that Jounin level is fair though, especially considering our organizational structure at the moment. But I would be privy to seeing you as either the Deputy Kazekage, or the ANBU Commander. Perhaps if Souji or Ibari come back, we can consider one of them for the later. But alternatively we have Junko and Lillith that would also be fine candidates. What are your thoughts on this brother?"

While the two deliberated, Guren propped himself off from the window and returned to his chair. He'd lean back in comfort, while simultaneously placing his offhand upon the fibers of his beard to stimulate thought. At the same time his face portrayed deep thought and interest in the subject matter, with an evident twang of excitement. Truly he hoped that Seb would be interested in one of the aforementioned positions. Because as funny and informal as he could be, Seb was also a proven shinobi with a cunning mind. Easily fit for wherever his desires would take him. And so, Guren would continue to wait in anticipation of what the Tau would respond with.

WC = 606. TWC = 907
Sebastian Mikaelson
Sebastian Mikaelson
Master
Master

Wed May 04, 2022 8:12 pm
Still standing in the same position with both his hands on the desk Sebastian gave Guren a little bit of time to let everything sink in. Not only did the young Tau reveal he was capable of discussing serious matters, he also dropped a bomb when addressing the current state of the village. The Kazekage, after a couple of minutes where he'd be thinking things over, shared his own thoughts on the matter, just as the Berserker had requested. "Great minds think alike" he responded, slamming his fist on the table upon hearing Guren's response. It appeared the idea of Chuunin Exams sounded like music to the Kage's ears.

The former mercenary listened attentively, paying close attention to the words his friend was saying. "Hm, three parts? Sounds good to me". It seemed they would test both the mind and body of their current Genin, the first part a way to examine their mental skills while the second would give them a chance to show off their fighting ability. Sebastian allowed himself a moment to ponder as he tried to come up with something that could work for the final part of the exam. "Maybe the last ones standing could be given some sort of mission. During my mercenary days I've stumbled upon many smaller villages in and around the Land of Wind". Expanding territory would be another way of increasing their power and why not use the younger shinobi to go and scout?

With the discussion of the, more than likely, upcoming Chuunin Exams it was time for a slight change of topic, or so it seemed. "Well I surely did not expect to hear this when I decided to pay you a visit today". Sebastian was visibly surprised, yet honored Guren considered him for the position of either Deputy Kazekage or ANBU Commander. The longer he thought about it, the more he realized how far he'd come ever since setting foot inside Sunagakure. "Just tell me where you need me the most and I'll support you to the best of my abilities". Things were moving fast but perhaps it was exactly what they needed.

(WC: 356, TWC: 891)
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Thu May 05, 2022 2:13 pm
And just like that, the two had the framework for the Chuunin Exams drafted up. It would be comprehensive, yet quick and effective. Designed to test the most important traits of a shinobi. Seb's suggestion on the last portion being individual missions in neighboring countries was brilliant. It would only need a couple more details to make it work. "Yes, that's perfect. Having the genin perform missions in these countries will be a true test to their wit and stealth as a shinobi. But it will be valuable information for us to scout out on neighboring lands. Expansion has been something I've had in my mind for some time not. Not to create an empire. But to create an influence. We will need some type of...alternative purpose for these missions though, so we do not appear as aggressive. Maybe they go under the guise of...deliveries?"

As their wheels were turning, the conversation should come to a pause before Guren would pick Seb's brain on a potential promotion for him. When Guren received his response, he couldn't help but smirk. It was all falling into place cohesively. "Seb my friend, you know that's not how this is going to work. I mentioned both positions, because I see you thriving in either. With your studies of the Iron Sand and your abilities as a shinobi, you are clearly qualified for ANBU Commander. Your work would be more in the shadows, and you would be solely responsible for recruiting who enlists in your team. And as Deputy Kage, you would shine nonetheless. Your are tactful, present, and have a good understanding of how Sunagakure fits into the rest of the world. That is why you are in my office right now, and that is why you're able to think so progressively on developmental paths for our shinobi. The decision is entirely up to you. You have my own, and all of Sunagakure's backing in whatever you choose."

With that, Guren would fold his leg over his other knee, bring his palms together, and rest them on his thigh. What would Seb choose? His decision would forever be written in the history of New Sunagakure.

WC = 359. TWC = 1266
Sebastian Mikaelson
Sebastian Mikaelson
Master
Master

Sat May 07, 2022 7:22 pm
It appeared Guren agreed with his idea of sending the Genin on a couple of missions in countries nearby Sunagakure. Once they were outside their home village they'd potentially be confronted with unforeseen circumstances and it would be up to them to deal with it accordingly. No longer benefiting from the safety inside the village's walls there was a possibility of running into trouble. However, those with hopes of becoming worthy to present Sunagakure would need to be able and defend themselves. "It's a known fact those countries used to or are still suffering from famine and lack of drinkable water. We could simply tell them we are sending some emergency rations to help out those in need". Not only would they gain valuable information, it also might give them an opporunity to be on good terms with the villages nearby.

Now they had the upcoming Chuunin Exams covered it was time to move onto the next topic, Sebastian's promotion and what part he'd get to play. The idea of being able to work in the shadows and having his own team to work under him sounded like music to the Berserker's ears. It would also allow him to continue Ibari's legacy and create the ANBU around Sunagakure's famous Iron Sand. "Perhaps I'm more fit to lead our Special Forces" the Tau would pick the first option. "However, that doesn't mean I won't involve myself with village matters anymore. I will still be helping you out in that regard as well". Even though the position of Deputy would allow him to help with further developing the village, Sebastian believed he'd shine more in the role of ANBU Commander. And regardless of the part he'd play, the young Tau would always have Guren's back no matter what. 

(WC: 296, TWC: 1187)

Guren Chinoike likes this post

Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Sun May 08, 2022 10:51 am
As Seb commented on his thoughts, Guren would retrieve a blank sheet of notebook paper from his desk and bear a pen in hand. He'd write down the joint thoughts between the two men, making sure he'd document all of their thoughts respectively. Making some small annotations and line breaks, these thoughts were organized into a series of paragraphs with each one being dedicated to the surrounding lands on Wind Country's borders. As Seb concluded his idea, Guren would nod and provide one last closing comment on the subject matter. "I agree with that. And maybe that is a great way to proceed with our expansion of influence actually. The first set of scouting trips will be learning of what state each land is in and ways to improve it. From there, we can have missions that follow that look to provide resources to these Lands in exchange for Sunagakure's ability to develop outposts or settlements here. I think that would be a good way to not encroach upon their rights too much, while also uplifting them. We make a good team, Seb. I'll work on developing these missions further, and also draft up the questions for the Chuunin Exams."

Now with the first topic finalized, it was time for Seb to make his decision. And as Guren anticipated, his friend leaned more towards taking command of the ANBU's forces. Understandably so. It fit not only his personality, but also his skill set. Nodding to Seb as he elaborated that he still wanted to be involved with the decisions made for Sunagakure's future, he began to comment. "But of course. I'm nothing without my right hand man. But ANBU Commander is quite fitting for you. Do you have any requests to go with this promotion? My first thought would be reinstating the historical name of 'DUST', or something more fitting than just...ANBU. Additionally I think it would be appropriate to grant you access to any and all hidden techniques without our vault. And more specifically, the authorization to administer sand manipulation techniques to those you deem worthy. What do you think of this?"

To say this pleased Guren was an understatement. It felt like a huge load off of his back to have someone of Seb's caliber commanding the ANBU. Now all that was left was to decide who would become Deputy Kage. However an inclination within him made his consider the idea of abolishing the position, and creating a new one that would be more characteristic of whomever was appointed to the position. It was more of a background thought at the moment, as it didn't require immediate attention. But still, one that was interesting enough to maintain the curious expression upon Guren's face.

WC = 453. TWC = 1719
Sebastian Mikaelson
Sebastian Mikaelson
Master
Master

Sat May 14, 2022 11:24 am
As he watched Guren grab a piece of paper and write things down, Sebastian would do the same, taking out a pen as he started drawing some doodles. The Berserker had quite the artistic side to him, that much was proved during their time in that strange dimension they found themselves in not that long ago. In the meantime the Tau continued to listen as the Kazekage would begin thinking out loud, spitballing possible ideas for the scouting missions. The main goal would be to expand Sunagakure's territory and increase their influence in the shinobi world, and if that meant they'd be helping out the neighbouring countries in the process then that would make for a fine addition.

Sebastian agreed, giving a small nod as his friend would start making a draft and fleshening out the missions soon. With the topic of the upcoming Chuunin Exams handled the two of them moved onto the second part of their meeting, the Berserker's new role in Sunagakure. "I believe my master already established quite a bit, laying the groundworks to which I could build further upon" he referred to Kenshin, the First Kazekage who rebuild the village into the safe haven it now was. "I'd like to honor his legacy". It were big shoes to fill and perhaps it was only then that Sebastian realized the amount of work his predecessor must have put in to transform Sunagakure and place it on equal footing as the rest of the major shinobi villages. 

The Tau gave himself a couple of minutes to mull things over before finally coming up with a response. "We'll be known as the Black Guard, the shield of Sunagakure and the protection of its people. Most of our members will use the Iron Sand that I mastered myself and I'll make sure to teach those I deem worthy enough". Perhaps the Chuunin Exams that were approaching soon might be of help and potential candidates would surface. He then placed his piece of paper on the desk, revealing the drawing that he made. On there you could see a little group of people, surrounded by a dark cloak and wings made out of Iron Sand. "Don't make those questions too easy, I don't want any idiots in my team". After all, everyone knew there could only be one idiot in Sunagakure. 

(WC: 391, TWC: 1578)
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 am
Guren nodded in agreement at Seb's commentary on continuing Kenshin's legacy. It was only fair, and what was right. Still though, Guren wanted to extend the option to Seb to have whatever creative liberty he desired. In Guren's position, he knew how limited it felt to be in a position of power but with limited reign, considering the boundaries that the Deputy Kazekage had in respect to the Kazekage's role. So he personally hoped that Seb would not feel that way. "And that is a proper decision. Kenshin would be proud. I'm proud of how far the both of us have come since we were first starting out here in Sunagakure. What a shame that Mizu felt the way she did...." As Guren spoke, a wave of sadness began to build up within him. His eyes trailed off, tone lowered, and hand ceased from writing. But he caught himself, quickly snapping out of it. All of the events that happened in the past led to where he and Seb were today, and of everyone he had met, there was no one he trusted more to ascend through the ranks with.

"But anyway, continue. What else are you thinking?" Guren would further inquire as Seb pondered his thoughts. He'd go on to listen to Seb to describe the Anbu's name, role, and functionality; all of which was impressive to Guren, as he already had a well thought out vision. When Seb would pause again, Guren would offer his thoughts on the matter. "That sounds like a good plan forward. Of course you'll have Junko in your ranks, so you two can hash out the fine details. But maybe another potential candidate to join could be Suika. I feel she could be a valuable asset. Whenever you have time, pick her brain and study her style and see if she would fit. If not, then I will help her find her calling elsewhere within our ranks. And with the upcoming exams, I'd like you to evaluate our genin and see if anyone is compatible with the team you're assembling."

When Seb made a comment about the difficulty of the exam, Guren couldn't help but laugh. "No, I think you and I are enough idiots for Suna." Taking a moment to think, Guren would add his final remarks. "Seb, with this promotion to ANBU Commander also comes a bonus to your pay. You should expect to receive that soon. Additionally, you'll have access to the Vault and all of our resources. Feel free to use them as you wish, I trust you. Now then, is there anything else you think we should discuss? If not I'll take some time to draft up the exam questions."

WC = 452. TWC = 2171
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum