Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : Senshi and Ryou
Remove Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Lightning Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 0

Training maybe - Page 2 Empty Re: Training maybe

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:32 pm
Kain felt good about Ai’s situation with having to tell her sister, it was not something he wanted but he understood what had to be done had to be done. He was very surprised that she didn’t flip out on him, and the fact that she pointed out that she to was a semi-immortal kinda made him feel a bit better. However, it soon hit him when she explained how that was not true. She would only live as long as her sister was able to bring her back. He would not point this out but kept it in the back of his head. If the day came that she wanted to truly live forever he would offer it to her, but unlike his father, he would not push it on people. He sometimes wondered if his father was always so cruel or if the centuries of life had made him that way. He sometimes wondered if he would get that bad and lose his ability to feel anything as well. 

He took her warning to heart knowing that most people felt that way as well about him feeding on people. He had started to think that maybe they wouldn’t mind so much if he only fed on enemies of the village and willing people. When she asked him about the differences in his blood release and normal water style. Kain had to think for a moment before answering her. “While I’m not a master of it yet, I do know the jutsu that it is capable of using, and while it does have similarities I would say that blood can do everything that water can and more. For example, you can make the blood boil in someone’s body, or make it explode out of them by touching someone, and one of the clan favorites is to make it flow out of their body and into your mouth that way you don’t have to bite the nasty ones.” 

He soon realized that he may have overstepped once more with the last example, but this time he just stood and judged her reaction to it. If she started to get grossed out or reach for the pick forks he would simply laugh it off like it was a joke. Otherwise, he would wait and see how she handled it. He was not used to people being this nice to him once they found out what he was. Not that he really let a lot of people know what he was. 

Hay I tell you what I have this book that details some pretty cool water jutsu if you want to look over it with me and see if we can figure this out” he would ask her.

(WC-456 TWC-2334)
Cosplay Queen Saya
Cosplay Queen Saya
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Saya
Remove Puppetry Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 58600

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:46 pm
"Oh, oh my. Well that does sound a bit different from water style. Effective though. Do all of these require physical touch? Sounds like you'd maybe get a lot of overlap with a taijutsu specialization? I do actually have a teammate who uses physical attacks if that's helpful. Can't say exactly how much he's learned so far, but on that front it sounds like you two would be compatable. I'm kind of more on the 'using my ninjutsu to fight for me' side of ninja combat. The puppets will probably help a good bit too. My goal is  mostly to keep in the back and control the movements of my teammates as needed. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal for allies, but I do have knowlege of a jutsu that you might be interested in hearing about. One of the pillars of puppetry is a technique called skillful achievement with a human body. It allows the puppet user to control a living person with their chakra threads. It's great for getting your allies out of trouble if they aren't the fastest, but it also allows the user to cease control of an opponents body with their threads, stopping them from being able to do something. My sister used it in a spar against a chuunin she met when she was first starting out. She won the fight by holding his movement to force him to concede." 

There was an obvious moment of cringe when Kain described some of the stronger effects his clan's kekki genkai could do. It was a bit of a gruesome image, but she quickly shifted her gaze to be a bit more neutral. It was unfair for someone to judge a person by the effects they were given at birth--or unbirth in kain's case. She'd found a similar situation with their teammate daiko when they first learned about the effects his body could produce. It was kind of a gross thing to think about, but it was powerful and they needed strength to change the world. It also wasn't fair for them to judge him for it. She doubted anyone would make the decision to have powers so positively icky. Thankfully the convorsation shifted naturally once again. She watched as he pulled a book he'd had somewhere out. Leaning foward she glanced through pages if he shifted, taking note of anything she might like. 

"That would be great. I have an understanding of some techiques myself because of my sister, and she's always just a mental message away. Theres an incredible technique she's been teaching me about that she invented the other day. The name is silly, but its a powerful tool. It creates two whirlpools that sweep up enemies and grind their bodies in the opposing rotation of the water. Very large area, powerful current, really it has an incredible potential. haven't seen it actually used in combat yet though. I'm hoping she never has to pull out her stronger techniques. If you asked her, she'd say the ideal fight is one you don't have to fight at all. " 

(TWC 3076)
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:55 am
Kain adjusted the book so that Ai could see it as well. The book went over several powerful water-based ninjutsu including Rising Water Slicer, Water Dragon Bullet, Water Dragon Whip, and the basic Hidden Mist jutsu and Water Prison jutsu. Most of them seemed powerful in their own right and while Ai’s sister’s jutsu also seemed really strong he couldn’t take someone else’s jutsu without even meeting them. If she had created that jutsu her self then she put a lot of work into it and Kain was not one to gain strength on someone else’s work. 

I don’t know if I can learn that jutsu Ai, I simply feel as though I must meet your sister before I attempt to learn it. Since it is her jutsu and all I would feel weird knowing it and never meeting her.” His tone would tell Ai that it would not be easy to move him on this point, not that it was not impossible. “However while I agree with most of what you have told me about your sister when it comes to combat I was always raised to finish it a fast as possible and leave no chance of them hurting them. My father always said combat will come, and it doesn’t care if you are ready or not.” His voice gaining a bit of fire as he quoted his father. 

But how about we start with something easy like the Hidden Mist jutsu, and then maybe move to Water Dragon Whip or something” he would ask Ai moving the conversation away from his father and how he was raised.

(WC-270 TWC-2604)
Cosplay Queen Saya
Cosplay Queen Saya
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:09 pm
Hm. There were sevearl jutsu on this list that she'd heard of before, and a couple that she knew her sister had trained. She hadn't actually USED any of them yet, mostly because shortly after learing the techniques she'd unlocked her bloodline element, and it's been the wood style show ever since. She still had the techniques though, which means PupAit, and Ai by proxy knew a bit ab out them. She considered the list for several moments. Water dragon whip was extremely useful, water prison.... Could be useful if there was a technique based off of it, which she thought there might be but wasn't completely sure, water dragon bullet sounded familiar? Was that in the shark package maybe? She'd planned to train five feeding sharks at some point, and she couldn't imagine this being much better than that. I mean there were five of them. With the limited volume of chakra she had access to, that one would almost definitely not make the cut. 

"Well I can definitely set up a time for you to meet her if you'd like. She's always glad to train with or teach the next generation, which is pretty funny because she's still basically a kid. She IS the next generation" The joke brought an immediate chuckle to Ai's lips. She wasn't sure if her sense of humor would actually hit with this semi-importal man, but there was no doubt her little sister would have found it hilarious. She kind of missed her. After their training was finished for the day, she'd have to pick up some dinner and have a night in. Yes, that sounded lovely. 

"We have a bit of a different look on life. Our goal--I mean, my goal is to avoid combat whenever possible. I believe that the world can only be changed in a positive way if we show others that combat doesn't have to be an option at all. There are times when it might be neccessary to deal with people who have made the choice to use combat as their first answer for everything, those who would use violence to get their way, But diplomacy is just generally a better method. I won't lie though, I haven't really found a good answer to the "violence is the answer" crowd except to put them down, and that kind of makes the whole plan struggle. It's easy enough to say the answer to violence is to kill the violent to dissuade the action, but that kind of defeats the purpose yanno?" She wasn't actually sure if she'd get any use out of hidden mist jutsu. She didn't have a form of sensory that would make the jutsu useful to her, so it kind of left both herself and her opponent blind. Still, it wasn't too dificult of a technique to learn, assuming her skill in ninjutsu was comparable to her little sisters. She definitely like the idea of Water dragon whip. 

"Yea. I mean, I dunno if Hidden mist technique will be too helpful if i'm being honest, But It's just a b rank I suppose. I'll definitely pass on these though." She pointed out water dragon bullet, rising water slicer, and water prison. She couldn't see a world where they would be worth taking the time to learn, especially with her own team creating new techniques every day. 

(TWc 3637)
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:40 am
Kain simply nodded in agreement with Ai not wanting to start an argument over which way was better for the world. He agreed with her for the most part on the jutsu that was listed in the book. The hidden mist could be useful in the right situations, but the water dragon whip just seemed like the no-brainer. “Yea I really wish the book had some better jutsu, but you get what you take, you know” he would tell her. Looking over the book he just wished that it detailed at least one S rank but sadly it did not and these were the only A ranks that it talked about. 

Ok so let’s start with the hidden mist jutsu I guess” Kain would ask Ai since it was the easier of the two they had picked out. “I think if we can figure this one out on our own then we shouldn’t have any trouble with the A rank one as well, and we can prove we don’t need no teacher” he would have a grin on his face for that last part showing that he knew that it wasn’t true. 

So the book says that once you perform the handseals that you mix your chakra with the water element, and then spread it out over a large area to increase the moisture in the air creating a fog. The more chakra used in a smaller area the thicker the fog. That sounds simple enough” Kain said summarizing the book. “You want to try first or me” he would ask Ai.

WC-262 TWC-2866
Cosplay Queen Saya
Cosplay Queen Saya
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:01 am
"Yea, that would probably be idea. I'm trying to think what jutsu I know about from my sister's time training. Good part about having been a voice in her head for so long is that I was given knowlege of all of her training. haven't actually like.... Done it before, but I get the basics of how it works. " As Kain continued, suggesting that they start off with the much easier hidden mist jutsu Ai's hands shifted between four seals. Ox. Snake. Ram. Tiger. She could feel the chakra pooling in her chest, and almost immediately realized that wasn't helpful. While she knew that Suiton jutsu needed a power draw from the solar chakra point, There was clearly more to using techniques of this magnitude. At her mental command the mass of suiton infused chakra flowed upward, pooling in her throat chakra point. Right as he began to say they didn't need a teacher, A heavy fog began to pour from her lips, it's heft dropping it quickly to her feet. The mist formed and pooled around her body. Quickly it began to spread until it filled the training are they were standing in.

"I uh. I can't see. Maybe this was not the best plan?" Focusing her power she'd thin out the heavy cloud that obscured her training partner. She would focus on lightening the mist until the two could see each other once more, and then realize there was a much easier method. She simply released the technique, allowing the concentrated suiton chakra to dissipate, and once again she was looking at kain.

"I uh. I suppose I'm a natural? This jutsu is kind of interesting though. While Suiton chakra is formed in the solar point, I actually had to shift it to a higher chakra point to be able to expel it. I suppose that makes sense though. One of the main ways of using suiton is simply to pour water from your mouth, so I guess the throat chakra is especially important as a suiton user. " She wasn't actually sure if what she was saying made any sense. Did everyone else learn about chakra points the way her sister had? Was the idea that there are seven distinct points from which you mold chakra,with each designated as the creation point for different elements a common practice, or was this all just a means of focusing? It was possible that this was just the way that their teacher taught them, and all of this was placebo to help them understand that you need to draw chakra into specific points in order to make it effective. Were that true, then the use on ninjutsu would be much easier than it was actually taught, but nebulous to a point where these limitations needed to be set simply to create a focus point and be able to explain the means by which experienced ninja naturally cast techniques. It felt a bit juvenile, but also she was just learning.

"Seems easy enough, I bet you can manage it!"

(TWC 4145)
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:31 am
Kain watched as Ai made the handseals and a few seconds later started expelling a thick fog over the training grounds. “Holy shit, you did it,” Kain said with excitement thinking that maybe they didn’t need someone to teach them stuff. He listened to Ai explain how she did it and started making the handseals for himself. Except he pushed his chakra out into the air around him manipulating the water chakra in the air. At first, it was a bit difficult but he soon found his footing and the air began to thicken into a fog. Just like with Ai he had overdone it as well putting too much chakra into it and creating a fog so dense that they couldn’t see anything. Unlike with Ai though it took him a bit longer to figure out how to thin it out though. He looked around being able to see once more and noted that this jutsu could be very useful to him. Since it would allow him to take the vision from someone else and he could still find his target via their heartbeat. 

That wasn’t so bad,” Kain said as he picked the book back up from the ground. “I don’t know about you but I think I’ll be using that one a lot. Since I can still find my target in the mist.” He added while flipping the book open to their next jutsu they were going to try out. “Ok, so the next one Water Dragon Whip requires the Tiger, Ram, Hare, Monkey, Tiger handseals. Then focus the water chakra into a sphere, and from there you can manipulate the sphere to create whips. It says it is easier with a water source, so why don’t we move over to that pound over there.” If Ai agreed Kain would lead the way the few dozen meters away to the pound.

WC-314 TWC-3180
Cosplay Queen Saya
Cosplay Queen Saya
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:49 am
"Hm? Oh. Well yea. Ninjutsu comes pretty naturally to me I suppose. " It was clear that team puppets experience in training was different from the bulk of the shinobi world. Her sister learned in an afternoon what would have taken most weeks due to her natural aptitude and ability to learn. In her youth she'd been called a genius right up to the point when her inability to actually focus on things she found boring slowed her learning down to a crawl. The more she thought about it, the more Ai wondered if she spoke of her little sister too often?

She was more than proud of what saya had accomplished. She'd gained impressive power in just a few months, and it seemed like nothing could stop the girl. Of course she spoke often with pride about her accomplishments, but there was an odd shift in dynamic now. She was a real ninja, with real tasks to complete. Should she shift focus to what she'd accomplished? It wasn't much yet. Truthfully if she saw the world through a filter of Saya's accomplishments it may never be much. Was she okay with that? Probably. It was important for her to gain her own power to be of use to her team, and be able to protect them if Saya's strength ever failed, and that required at least a bit of focus on the self.

"I can't say i'll be using it at all. Unless I get some sort of sensory ability it would just be a detriment for me in combat. How are you able to find your targets in the heavy mist? Your eyes look pretty normal so I can't imagine you're using some sort of doujutsu?" " Even as she spoke she casually shifted her hands into five seals. Tiger. Ram. Hare. Monkey. Tiger. Just after asking the questions she followed her new friend to a plot convenient pool of water. Once she was within range she felt her body call out to the liquid mass, and a large orb of suiton rose up, foating towards her and....doing nothing? Was it because there were no threats in the area? This was a point when she cursed saya's progression. She'd learned to use the technique, but had yet to actually pull it out in combat. That meant that she understood the basis for what the technique did, but she couldn't say for sure how or why it did what it did. Supposedly it would protect her, attacking anything that gets in range? Seemed pretty good.

"You would think the whole needing a water source portion of this effect could be ignored by just expelling water from our mouthes, but I suppose some techniques don't work like that. Five feeding sharks is kind of the same in that reguard. " She would have absolutely no reaction to the fact that she'd just casually been able to cast the jutsu they were talking about. Suiton felt like home, and its manipulation was natural to the small ninja.

(TWC 4548)
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:47 pm
Kain listened to Ai and it made sense why she wouldn’t use it since she had no way of finding people in the mist. “Well, part of being what I am is that I hear people’s heartbeats from a good ways away, so it’s not that hard to follow the sounds and get to my target” he would explain to Ai. He then watched her flow through the handseals with practiced ease, as they walked over to the pond. Not long after getting their a sphere of water raised up out of the water and floated over to Ai. “Very nice,” he said to her as he took a spot by the pond and started running through his own handseals. Tiger, Ram, Hare, Monkey, Tiger, and with the last one he pushed his chakra into the water and his own sphere of water raised up and floated next to him. “Well look at that we got both this jutsu down on the first try,” he said with a smile to Ai. 

“How about we see what they can do,” he said as he forced his sphere of water to move closer and with thought had a whip move out of the water and try to his Ai’s water sphere. The movement of the whip would be a bit clunky as he was still trying to figure out just how it all worked for combat and knew that it was better to figure this out when your life wasn’t on the line than to use an untested jutsu in combat.

WC-259 TWC-3439
Cosplay Queen Saya
Cosplay Queen Saya
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:35 pm
"Huh. That's actually pretty useful. I feel like I could one day learn a sensory skill that helps me know whats going on even if i don't have sight, but I'm pretty far from that point. were I to break down ninja skills I would say im at like.... " She paused for a moment, taking in everything she and her team had learned over the past several months. They weren't close to arrogant enough to suggest that saya's current power was the highest possible. She'd probably be more around the middle ish? THere was Keita who was definitely stronger, and the mysterious Mizukage who had to be stronger than keita right? Yes. There were at least two power rankings higher than Sayas, but probably not much past that.

"I would probably put myself at around a two out of six, where my sister is more in the four out of six area. She just learned to use chakra sensory fairly recently. Still, one day I'll be able to utilize a skill with power like that probably. " She watched as kain followed suite, forming the hand seals and calling out with his chakra to the pool of water beside them. Together the two absorbed all of the small pool, leaving the basin dry.

"Seems we're a good team. Together we managed to almost immediately figure out two mid to higher-level techniques on the first try! More impressive for you, this is the first time you'd really seen the techniques. I at least have knowlege of all the theory because my little sister has learned or considered learning each of these. She does this thing where she'll spend an afternoon pouring through possible techniques, considering every way they could be important and writing them down on index cards. Then she organizes them by color with the most useful being blue and the least useful being red. With this information she'll determine how much more of her learning capacity can be put towards new techniques of that rank and figure out which of the options is the best fit for what mental space she has left!" This was a unique way of explaining a statistical system. While it didn't make sense in world for her to not be able to learn more techniques there was an obvious limit that could be seen, but that explaining was dificult to do.

She watched the opposing sphere lash out. While they were both suiton users, there was something about the element that felt quite natural to Ai. Focusing on her chakra control, she'd make a single whip lash out at the strand that threatened to do harm to her own technique. "mm. What did you have in mind exactly? I can't imagine a battle of water whips would do much other than show which suiton user has a higher chakra pool.... Though sparring is an important and integral part of the ninja experience. I think theres a target dummy and archery range section in the training facility if that's helpful? "

(TWC 5052)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum