Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

The First Steps (Open) Empty The First Steps (Open)

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:35 am
“Are you ready to start actually training, boy? Now that you are a Genin you will be held to a higher standard. You are a shinobi of Kumogakure no Sato, your duty to protect it from those who wish it harm. Your life has only one purpose, and it is a simple one. You must grow strong so that you can crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.” Napa would say to young Max, trying to inspire the boy and pump him up for this training. There was much to learn, so much so that Max would need to begin immediately.

Gazing over his Jutsu Encyclopedia he notices several techniques that would be incredibly useful. He needs to have some close range jutsu and defenses. While his puppetry skills were more than enough most of the time, there will likely be someone out there who will be able to come in close and close that gap. If that happened, Max would need to have a handful of options. Plus, if he could generate an offense on his own, a puppet could come around from behind in order to flank the target.

He rapidly flips through the pages, noting each hand seal of each technique he planned on learning. Most of them were fairly straightforward, not requiring too much skill to perform. The relative ease of learning the techniques did not mean that they were not powerful tools, and so Max would start.

The first on his list was the Temporary Paralysis Technique. It required only a single hand seal, the Tiger. The book says that this is used for momentarily binding the target with your chakra, preventing all movement. An immobile opponent is a dead opponent, so this technique would prove too powerful not to learn. Maximillian would rapidly practice the speed at which he generates the Tiger Seal. It was basically a quick draw technique. If you managed to generate it before they could strike, they would be finished in that moment. Once Max had gotten down the speed at which he would have to form the hand seal, the boy would start to focus his chakra on the technique. The hand seal alone would do him no good. He would have to feel out the needed chakra control to be able to utilize the technique. Mustering up his rather large (for his age at least) chakra, Max would “feel” the technique how he thinks it is supposed to be used.

“That was quick. You sure you actually have it down? Sure would suck if you got stabbed trying and failing to stop an attacker.” Napa would blurt out, sitting idly by while Max practices molding his chakra properly. Max glares over at the skeletal puppet before retorting, “You would like that wouldn’t you? You'd like to see me get stabbed.” The puppet gave out a cackling laugh, shaking its head at the youth. “Getting stabbed wouldn’t be so bad, would it? Hell, it builds character. What kind of shinobi has no battle scars?” Napa would ask, having a valid point. Max would quickly counter his statement though, “The kind that aren’t dumb enough to be struck by inferior shinobi. The king is meant to be protected at all times. That is what the purpose of the pawns are, Napa. Now please, let me continue my training. I need to learn these jutsu.” Napa didn’t like that answer, but he had little he could say against this so he would remain silent as he had wished.

Practicing the necessary parts of the jutsu a handful more times, Max felt as though he had it down enough to use it in a combat scenario. On to the next jutsu on his mental checklist. Keiran no Jutsu, the Cramp technique would be the next thing the boy would practice. This one would require forming the raw chakra within into lightning chakra, and then shocking the targets nervous system. This would overload the nerves, causing them to send more signals to the brain than it would be ready for. Because of this, it seems to “stun” them by locking up the muscles of the intended target. This one would require quite a few more hand seals than the last one did though. The Cramp Technique needed the Bird hand seal, followed by Snake, Dragon, Horse, and then finally the Ox.

Following the same method as the jutsu before it, Max would start by rapidly practicing the hand seals. This would slowly build the speed at which he could produce them, along with helping cement it in his muscle memory so that he wouldn’t have to think about the needed seals while defending himself from an assailant. The seals began to form faster, until Max thought that he was ready to actually try out the jutsu. Molding the chakra in his hands as he formed the seals, small jolts of electricity would form in his hands, arcing between his fingers and different spots on the palm. Trying to send the energy off, he realized that it wasn’t working. He would try several more times, but without any success. “Hmm. Looks like it will require me to actually touch the target to stun them. Not as effective as one could hope, but likely to prove useful in the future.” Max would mutter quietly to himself. “What are you over there saying? What is it that you feel you need to say that you must hide it from me? You over there talking trash?” Napa would inquire, curious as to what the Genin had said. “I was merely talking to myself out loud upon what I learned about the technique. I said nothing bad about you, Napa.”

Max walks over and addresses the puppet directly. “What, are you feeling lonely and not necessary because of me practicing other techniques, Napa?” If the puppet had eyes it would roll them upon hearing this, replying in an annoyed tone “NO I DON’T FEEL LONELY! Why do you have to go and make it sound all lame and touchy feely? I just think that you should practice on some of our teamwork maneuvers as well. Remember, I’m you biggest asset on the battlefield. And don’t you ever forget that. No jutsu can make me obsolete.” Napa shook his head, “Boy thinks I’m lonely… Sheesh”

The puppet did have a point, and so Max had begun looking around for another fellow Kumo shinobi to practice with. He knew that it would be unlikely as most people tend to avoid him, but it was worth a shot. Plus a solid practice battle could show him where he stands among his shinobi peers. With that thought in mind, Max hopes that he does find someone in the area to practice with.

WC: 1138

(OoC: Anybody who would like to train can join this. Genin would be a more fair match-up, but I won't turn down any RP training buddy.)
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

The First Steps (Open) Empty Re: The First Steps (Open)

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:16 am
Max waited for what felt like an eternity, but not a single person with a shinobi background managed to cross his path. He wandered around the village as he looked, hoping to find at least one person, but his search was without success. That was too bad, as he had really looked forward to testing his skills while simultaneously training them.

“You ain’t gonna find no one, kid. Looks like it is just gonna be you an’ me. Now, if you’d like to test your mettle why not loosen the reins and go toe to toe with me? Maybe I can help you build a little character.” Napa would shout out, letting Max know that if they trained together he wouldn’t go easy on him, likely giving the boy several wounds in the fight. “You are a funny guy, huh Napa? You really think that you could manage to compete with me? Fine, you’re on. This will give me some much needed practice while still showing you who the boss is between us.” Max would retort, letting the chakra strings fly from his fingertips into each of the puppets before him. He knew that Napa would be a tough opponent, and that if given the opportunity he would inflict a serious wound. Max would just have to not let his get that opportunity. Napa would stand up, pulling two kunai out from his weapon pouch. Max knew that he would have to arm his puppet as well, so he did the same thing with the puppet under his control. Now they were both ready for a fight.

Max waited, allowing Napa to make the first move. He watched, looking for any signs, any tell that the attack would be coming. Just as Max thought he would have to make the first move, a glare from Napa’s brandished kunai would strike the youth in his eye, hampering his vision for only a moment. It was in this moment that Napa would capitalize, dashing towards Max at a breakneck speed. Max’s puppet would quickly move to intercept the attack. Napa thrust his left arm forwards, aiming to impale the arm Max was using to control his puppet. His defender would parry the blow with its own, deflecting the attack and seeming to open Napa up for a counterattack. Max’s puppet slashed at Napa, but the opposing puppet was just too quick. Napa also parries, their attacks now striking each other’s blades almost in unison, each attack being blocked blow for blow by the enemy. The ring of clanging steel in the air was almost deafening, forcing Max to try and block it out so that he could think more clearly. It wouldn’t be long before Napa thought out a strategy to overcome Max’s defenses. Just then an idea came forth, Max would have the puppet fall back in hopes of luring Napa towards the Genin. This would be an opportune time to try out that lightning style tech he was working on, but because of its range he would have to lure Napa in, and that would be no easy task.

“What is this? Retreat? I don’t think so!” Napa would yell as he launched himself again at the boy, his body flying through the air. The puppet would need to cover a great deal of ground and bypass Max’s defensive puppet, so he would need to have a plan. Just as before the puppets collided, clashing steel in the process. This time as they were parrying one another, Napa would “jump” and launch a kunai straight for the face of his young master. If this connects it would be a killing blow, so instinctively he would have his puppet turn and launch one of its own kunai to deflect it and bounce it off course. Napa used this momentary defensive weakness to slash at the threads connecting Max to the puppet. Upon contact, the threads seemed to be cut, causing Max to lose control over his only defense. “Just try to stop me now, boy!” Napa would shout as he dashes towards the boy, only a single kunai in hand but more than enough to cause harm to the boy. Rolling to evade, Napa just barely misses him. Max now on the ground next to his puppet, he discreetly connects a chakra thread to it while Napa toys with the boy. “What was that you said about pawns, hmm? Looks like this pawn just cornered the king. Checkmate!” He says upon launching himself at the boy, aiming to seriously hurt the youth. Right before contact, his puppet would parry the kunai giving Max the needed moments to generate the hand seals needed for the Keiran no Jutsu. Max started with the Bird, followed by Snake, Dragon, Horse, and then the Ox. Touching Napa with it, the boy laughs. “Not quite checkmate, Napa. You left yourself open to go on this offensive without factoring in all the pieces. A pawn alone cannot best the king.” The jolts shot through the puppet, making him scream in pain. It was odd, that the puppet without any muscles to shock was feeling it this intensely, but he managed to cause the puppet enough harm that it conceded as the chakra threads released themselves from it. “Maybe you aren’t so bad kid. Keep winning like this and you will have no problems protecting the village from those that wish it harm. Now, would you help me up? My legs just don’t seem to want to work like they should be.” Max smiles and helps up the puppet back over to the wall that he had been leaning on before.

“Now, I need to get some more training done. I still have quite a lot to learn in a rather short period of time. Now if you’ll excuse me…” And with that said Max’s focus shifts back to mastering the hand seals of the jutsu’s he had been practicing. He had already used the Keiran no Jutsu effectively in a combat scenario, but that would not stop him from continuing for several more minutes practicing the hand seals. He would shift back and forth between it and Temporary Paralysis.

Once he was comfortable with those, his mind shifted to what to do now. “Now what should I work on next?” he mutters as he pages through the Jutsu Encyclopedia looking for things that would be of use to him. 

WC: 1072
Total so far: 2210
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:26 am
Max, peering through the seemingly limitless pages of the Jutsu Encyclopedia in his hands, finds a few jutsu that seem to interest the youth. He felt as though he had all the time in the world at this very moment, but in reality he knew that he would have to keep learning as much as he could as fast as he was able to. It would be in his best interest to keep the pace at a relative high, for he would likely need to prove himself soon. Such things should be pushed to the back of his mind though, as the only thing he needed to focus on right now was training.

His spar with Napa had left him feeling good, a win under his belt. A small win, but a win nonetheless. With this newfound vigor he decided to try his hands at one of the more advanced techniques he found in the book. It wasn’t anything too difficult, but his experience with Medical Techniques was limited, to say the least. Still, the ability to syphon of the chakra of others to fuel his own power was rather appealing to young Max. It would allow him to both wear down an opponent while simultaneously replenishing any depleted strength he may have lost. Chakra Absorption. The technique seemed simple on paper in front of him, and it was just an extension of his own chakra control and mastery. Drawing out the chakra from the network of the opponent would truly prove much more difficult for Max, though.

Despite repeated attempts and constant failures, Max couldn’t get a grasp on the jutsu. Sweat dripped from his brow, dropping to the ground in a puddle at his feet. His breathing grew demanding as he depleted his fairly sizable chakra pool. Frustration nipped at the back of his mind, this set back only wasting precious time he should be using to train more techniques.  Napa looked over and shook his head, muttering curses at the boy under his breath. “What exactly do you think that you are doing, boy? You can’t be that simple.”
Max drops to a single knee while looking Napa in his hollow yet judgmental eyes. “Whatever do you mean, Napa? I’ve done nothing that I can see as being ‘simple’.” The boy shook his head and continued his disappointing rest period. “Why don’t you look over that book once more? I’ll see if you figure it out without me spelling it out for you. Go ahead, I’ll wait.”
Shifting through his bag, Max grabbed the book once more and skimmed through the book until he came across the Absorption jutsu once more. He read over it carefully, noting every word and hand sign. Maybe there was merely something that he had missed, some minor detail that had been stopping his progress. He still could not find the missing piece to the puzzle before him. “Focus on what the jutsu does, Max….” Napa said, now in a much more disappointed tone.
It took him another minute, but the idea finally struck him like a bat to the head. He was not able to use the technique effectively because there were no living chakra networks to pull energy from. He was going to have to find a living target to successfully learn this ability, else he would continue to waste his time without success.

Time to find someone to practice on….
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 am
Max had been looking for someone to practice the technique on, but alas he had found no shinobi to practice with. Max was almost upset, but then he remembered that such was to be expected. Most people in the village didn’t seem to want to be around him. That was fine though. He normally didn’t need anybody else besides his friends, but it was hard to absorb chakra that wasn’t there. His friends were real enough, but that didn’t mean they had chakra networks. With a sigh, Max headed back into town, “Well, if I cannot find any volunteers I will just have to go and take the chakra I need…”

Walking through town, the youth is in deep contemplation about how to go about this. He could always make his way to the Academy and “help train” some of the kids that have yet to graduate. They likely wouldn’t have much to spare, so he would have to make sure that he had this technique down. If he wasn’t able to draw it in, who knew where it would go. It might dissipate into nothing, or it may return to the host it was drawn from. Max had no intentions of failing to learn this technique though. The ability to steal the essence of others to fuel his own abilities was far too useful to allow himself to fail.

Heading into the Academy sparring area, Max would sit down and wait until the students were allowed to go out to practice the techniques they learned in class. He knew the drill. It wasn’t so long ago that he was one of those students…. Well, not quite. To put it in better words, it wasn’t long ago that he attended the Kumo Ninja Academy. Patiently waiting he would gaze over to Napa, sitting there quietly. What was he thinking about? He was surprisingly quiet since Max decided to go practice his moves on the students. Was he being silent because he was opposed to the idea, or did he not want to add anything and allow Max to do this on his own?

“Are you without words, Napa? You have been too silent. What is bothering you?” Max would say aloud to his friend, a look of concern on the boy’s face. “Do you not think I should do this?”

Napa would just turn to Max and give what would look like a grin. “Why shouldn’t you do this? I support you growing stronger Max, no matter how you go about it. In reality, many of those students are years older than you. Hmm, yet here you are a Genin while they still remain training for the rank. Doesn’t that make you superior to them? Aren’t you more skilled than they are? They don’t have the power to stop you from using them as nothing more than target practice. Now keep in mind that if you end up going too far and seriously hurt them, then the elder shinobi will likely punish you most harshly, at least until you are strong enough for even them to be nothing but your playthings. I only want what is best for you Max, and it is in your best interest to grow as powerful as possible for both the village and yourself. Remember, there are only predators and prey in this world of ours…” Napa then looks into the big blue eyes of Max before asking himself in his head “…and just which one will you end up being, Max?”

“I understand, Napa. Only the strongest will survive…” Max would say, understanding that this is most likely the sad truth to the world he faces. He would sit in contemplation on these words as he waited patiently for the students.

It didn’t take long for the kids to be released, and so Max would get up and dust some of the dirt off of himself. Making his way over to the group of children, most of them would give him strange looks and mutter things to themselves while avoiding the approaching Max. Max wouldn’t pay them much concern though, as he had his mind set on learning this Absorption Jutsu.

“Would one of you like to train?” Max would ask almost in a mumble.

Most of the children seemed to fear him, but one of the older boys stepped forward in such a way to nonverbally say that he accepted the challenge. He must be trying to prove his bravery. Commendable. Almost without thinking chakra threads form and shoot their way towards Napa and the other puppet on Max’s back, empowering the physically lifeless puppets with Napa sitting only ten or so meters away. He wouldn’t move forward, intending to catch the enemy off guard. The likelihood of a student to be familiar with puppetry in Kumo was rather low, and Max and Napa would use this expected ignorance to their advantage.

“Are you ready, or did you lose your nerve?” Max would ask, hoping to taunt the undisciplined enemy into making a costly mistake. He would take no stance, almost as if he were completely clueless and not ready for the fight at hand.

“Keep talking, weirdo. I’ll make sure you don’t come around here anymore.” The boy would counter. He would rush forwards, likely trying to use his size to his advantage in close quarters combat. Napa would spring to life, dashing towards the Academy Student at full speed from the side. His sudden movement would catch the boy off guard and distract him, just as Max had hoped. Max would form several hand seals, mimicking the images in the book to the best of his ability. His fingertips are the first to start to glow with a blue aura, the chakra seeming to crawl its way towards his wrists.

The boy would fend off Napa’s first attack, trying to counter with a few of his own. The boy just wasn’t fast enough though. Napa weaved in and out of his attacks with little to no effort. Napa reached into his weapon pouch, his hand grasping a kunai. The puppet had a thirst for blood, and Max would have to force his friend to stop at he lunged at the kid. The Kunai would drop, but Napa still slashes at him using his bony fingertips. His clothes tore and small droplets of blood can be seen where the tips struck flesh. Then Napa would speed behind him and put him in a full nelson hold, pinning his arms and reducing his ability to defend himself. Almost casually, Max would step over and thrust his glowing blue hands only the chest of the other boy, sapping away strength by the second. Too easy.

This sensation was entirely new to Max, and it felt rather… empowering. The chakra flowing into him was so good he could taste it, and he drained the kid until he stopped struggling against Max. The kid’s body slumped over, Napa would toss it aside like he was nothing and look over at Max with a smile. He knew exactly what the boy had just gotten a taste of… Power.
Most of the other children ran back inside to get their teacher. Max would check on the fallen foes vitals, making sure he still drew breath. Finding the signs of life he had been looking for, he would just walk back into town. He didn't care about whatever lecture the elder was likely to drone on with about using such techniques on students. 

All of that this training today built up his appetite, so he made his way to the orphanage and scrounged up a meal before heading home. Despite now having a full belly, he couldn't stop thinking about the Chakra Absorption technique. He learned a small handful of useful techniques, but this would only be the beginning for the young Genin. 

Total WC for Thread: 4094
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:55 am
TWC: 4094
Claiming:
20 stats
Temp. Paralysis Tech (1000/1000)
chakra absorption(2000/2000)

Keiren no jutsu (1000/1000)
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 am

Approved <3
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum