Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Silver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 4:14 amKiko TsukikoMerchant MonsterToday at 1:51 amHebiishi OrochiAqueous Transmission Today at 12:14 amKayori HatakeLife is a HighwayYesterday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Yesterday at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Yesterday at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionYesterday at 1:41 amKayori Hatake
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 29000

Honor between master and student Empty Honor between master and student

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:52 pm
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t39435-honor-amoung-theives

“Ok kid, jobs half done. I wanted to get most of the danger out of the way and show you a little instructional video I made by the end. Now I could have gone through this all much faster, but strength breeds mistakes when it comes to ninja. Ultimatly, there is very much a cap on the potential of a human being. No matter how strong you are, you’re true test is when things get difficult. When you’re faced with somone as strong or stronger than yourself. That’s the big lesson here, but I’m hoping you can gain a little bit of experience from watching me in this first half.” 

Mar instructed, they were in a small camp that the engineer had constructed from a heavy volume of luxuries he’d kept in a scroll. They had a portable generator, a tent sized for three, a small television and a radio out. Not to mention the cooking set for breakfast. They’d had some fire roasted wild turkey with just a pinch of salt for flavor. Mixing this in of course with the more than ample provisions Akihana had packed along for their journey. “Nutritions important.” Mar had said. “The feeling you get when your body has all the right fuel kicks the hell out of the rush of a bunch of junk food in my opinion. Plus it makes it a lot easier to build the muscle needed for ninja like us. Small objective by the way Hikari. I want you to put on some weight. We’re going to shoot for thirty pounds by the end of the year. You’re a thin guy, and even though I mentioned being ready for those who are stronger than you. Sometimes the strength can easily come from being a better technical fighter. That’s when you let raw strength be your edge.”

“So anyway, what I had planned was that I was going to go ahead and take care of any of the big threats that were between us and our target for the day. Which is stealing the narcodics of one Dirty Dave to teach him a lesson for robbing other innocent people- Aaaand drug dealers who also worked with him. *sigh* Technically our money is coming from the same people who will totally profeteer from his death but I made sure to investigate those same people. The way they do business is as peaceful as possible. I’ve done a lot of work for this cartel because they’ve got a lot of money, and they point me very frequently to folks that are doing their job a lot worse. We’re reducing gang violence in this region. Which is a big deal. Now I want you to watch and learn how an expert goes about this. The risks that I avoid.”

“Oh and this is a fair warning, you’re probably about to see about the most graphic and bloody few minutes of your life. We don’t lead clean careers, that’s just the fact of life. Kill without remorse in the moment, but understand the consequences that the decision can have. We’ll probably talk about ethics a few more times before our time is up together. But let’s play this damn thing already.” He slotted the dvd into the player. And fast forwarded until a secret tunnel came into view.”

“Ok, so this is a big part of the job. Reconnaissance. Finding a way in is one thing, but I always like to go a step further. If you can predict where your enemy will run, how they will react. Then you lower the chances of something going wrong. Like if a booby trap catches you unaware, or you get turned around and a VIP get the chance to escape. In this case, I know the drug lab is in the catacombs here. But I don’t take the first way available to me in. I continue to scout around.”

“Now normally I’ve got a few ways of speeding up this process, but for this example I went ahead and did them without any jutsu. The big three I like to use to gather information before an attack. Is Chakra Sensing, The Summoning jutsu to call Nectar to look over it all. And the wind cushion technique for my feet. Silent foot steps can mean a big deal. It’s almost never the first person who spots you that’s the threat to the operation. It’s the alarm they raise.”

He pauses the feed. “Ok here, why did I stop? Let me replay it.” Going through again if his student was sharp eared he’d make out the sound of a cigarette being pressed into an ashtray. “If the smoke had been coming down wind, I would have smelled it. But in this case the guy was down wind of me. Scents matter in stealth scenarios. Blood, perfume, scented soap, mud. That’s all got an odor if it does not blend into the surroundings. But here I know there’s a guy on the other side of this mausoleum. So I use the best tool in the book.”

The footage continued, showing Mar using a steel mirror to glance at the reflection on the other side. He saw a pair of men in overalls and half jumpsuits taking a break. “A steel mirror won’t break if you leave it in a backpack and it won’t smudge as easily or create as much of a notable reflection. You can use it like I do here to check corners and angles really discreetly. As you can see, I’m not in any hurry here. I know that either of these two folks might make for a good disguise. So I get comfortable, and without much noise. Listen in for a while.” 

He fast forwards to a certain point, having put the mirror away to not draw attention overtime. Eventually one of the men quips to the other in a foreign language from the west. Causing him to laugh. “So I make the decision here that I can’t use either of them as a disguise. A voice is a big deal, a dead ringer you ain't who you are pretending to be. Now for these two non ninja, even a quick lad like yourself could probably ambush them before they can all out. But I wanted to show you a way that you can use creativity to your advantage.

He could see Mar’s hand signs performing the transformation jutsu. Before he examined himself in the steel mirror. A man looking slightly like either of them with the same outfit. He turned around the corner, hands in his pockets. Closing half of the ten meter distance before one of them asked. “Dolchit?” And he was on top of them both. Sucker punching one in the stomach and slamming another's head into a waiting tombstone. He drug them both away back under cover, quickly and efficiently tying them both together and leaving them gagged with duct tape as they came through.

“Those two were pretty much civilians as far as I’m concerned, generally I don’t like to kill anyone who’s not a threat to me or needs to die for the contract. So, I’m faced with some more options here. I could interrogate them. Try to find out where the drugs are or any ninja who might be either guarding the place or on call to protect it if something goes south. I choose not to because I’ve already got my enemies in a good place. If the stakes were higher, and especially if you have any reason to believe that a ninja as strong as you could get involved. Get the truth out of them. Whatever it takes.”

He continued onwards. “So I look around for a good ten, fifteen minutes finding all the other exits. It looks like there’s only two. And a vent for the fumes to stream out of for air circulation. So here’s where I take the safest option. I activate my chakra sense, then I run along from one entrance to the other. Telling me exactly how many people are down here, it’s general layout, and among them who are the potential ninja. I sermize there’s eight ninja down there. So I go to deal with the problem.”

The footage is slightly obscured as chakra flows heavily around his body. “This is me using the eight gates technique to maximize speed and strength. Because I don’t know how strong those ninja could be in taijutsu. I can only read their chakra output for things like ninjutsu and so on. So I double back to the original back entrance and make my way in.” Now he actually has to slow down the footage a great deal, the camera on his body appearing to have an incredible shutter speed to catch it all. “Here if I had a paper bomb I’d use it to collapse this first entrance, but I don’t so I kick it instead. Then I start slipping through all the rest.”

The footage got darker for a while, the cavern only illuminated by the flow of his blue chakra. He walked by a couple of others on break before smashing through to the labs heart. One sealed room contained a number of people in gas masks while the rest surrounded them. Moving product with nina both obvious and not supervising. He pauses the video. “So here as soon as I’m in I get a spot check. Five hostiles I can see who I can tell apart from the normal workers. So I know right away that three of the rest are ninja. But my chakra sense has worn off so it’s up to me to figure it out.”

“This is where stealth is impossible and too risky to attempt. Right away I use the element of surprise.” Mar cut through a female ninja’s carotid artery, causing her to slump over dead instantly due to the sudden drop in pressure. Screaming filled the chamber as all the rest piled in to contain the situation. “So here I’m outnumbered, but I use the crowd of workers to my advantage.” Mar would continue running to the end of the room. Blocking the escape of the terrified crowd who hoped to leave through the other entrance. Causing them to turn around and make for the way he’d originally used to get in and creating a thick crowd.Turning everything into close quarters in seconds.

“So here I see a lot of things to react to. This ninja here in the back? I see her bringing up her hands, empty. And I already know she’s making hand signs. If i could devote my full attention to her I could even make out the jutsu she has in mind. But there’s no reason I should let her get it off. Though it costs me a kunai, I throw it right here. And get it right through her palm. Only the toughest of ninja could make the right signs with that going on. Then I notice that these two aren’t running with the rest of the crowd. They’re trying to get closer to me. Sure signs that they’re the remaining ninja from earlier.

“This is a favorite of mine as far as counters go. So first, this guy get’s punched so hard his jaws hanging off his face.” Mar outlines, pointing right at the screen where he makes his extremely fast punch obviously. “But I let this guy get through. Though I keep my arms up. The range is so close even a taijutsu master could not get much strength behind a punch. I’m ready for the grapple, he’s not. In nature, without any tools or weapons. A grapple is the most dangerous attack a human being can perform. The right animal experts even without superhuman strength can wrestle lions and bears to death within seconds. This is no exception, but even better. I’m using him as a shield. While he’s up, the others won’t attack me. Not yet atleast.”

“So now I’ve got them all where I want them. Standing between me and the lab, with a hostage in my arms. The rest is simple. I pick him off his feet and throw him into the pair readying their own jutsu again. Then I perform my own jutsu in the window of distraction that made. The great fireball is a simple but destructive tool here. I send it strait between the third and fourt one. Causing the laboratory to explode. They’re cought in the immediate blast. But I can flee.” Running past a dozen twists and turn Mar would burst of of the main exit. Doing a flip before kicking the ceiling and causing it to collapse downwards. He turned the TV off.

“So this is the scenario we’re dealing with now. Everyones trapped down there and I’ve checked, three ninja, wounded. Remain. You and me are going to go back in there, and steal or destroy those remaining drugs. This is your chance to get some hands on experience, but I’ll be there to back you up if anything goes wrong. Now… Where do we start?” He asked, looking down the hill at the partly collapsed burial ground and letting the boy lead.
Hiroaki Gekko
Hiroaki Gekko
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 40430

Honor between master and student Empty Re: Honor between master and student

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:20 pm
     Hiroaki nodded to Mar about the potential of a human being. He told Hiroaki how your true strength comes into play when facing danger. Hiroaki already had experienced that for himself. Afterall, even children much younger than Hiroaki had experienced life and death situations. Hiroaki didn't bother to open his mouth though. 'Maybe he just wants to see my potential for himself?', he thought. Hiroaki kept fiddling with the hilt of his blade. It was hand candy for him.

Mar had pulled out a whole tent with a television inside of it. An instructional video he would say to Hiroaki. Hiroaki kept his eyes glued to wherever Mar had posted, listening to what he had to say as he instructed him. Hiroaki would occasionally get distracted and stare off until the smell of his turkey pulled him back into attention. He would hold onto the leg and bite down to the bone in hunger until he would hear Mar's voice again. He didn't know if Mar could notice him slacking off during the course, but it wasn't like he wasn't making an effort. It's hard to concentrate when always contemplating that you could die whenever. This string of thought leading from one thing to the next like who needs all this extra knowledge when you have a short lifespan and the like. Hiroaki was sure he would be able to complete the mission none-the-less.

Mar went on about a man named Dirty Dan. 'How does one come by the name of Dirty Dan? Does he like being called Dirty Dan? Did he ask people to be called Dirty Dan? What could a man known as Dirty Dan have done to make him so Dirty?', he thought. He imagined a man playing in manure, running around people's houses and throwing some shit on their doors. 'I'd want to kill a man for doing that too', he thought again. He shrugged at Mar now that he had his own explanation of why they were going out to hunt this man. "Sure, I'll slice this shit thrower", he said to Mar. Whether Mar was taken back by this or not he didn't know. 'Oh, wait. Did he say we were only to steal.. oops.', he thought in his head. 

Once Hiroaki had said that, Mar had went into ethics. This left Hiroaki unsure of if he was suppose to slice people on this mission or not. 'Ah, it's fine. I'll figure it out later', he thought. Hiroaki looked at the television that had a new dvd put into it. The television displayed an entrance into a tunnel where the enemy was supposedly going to be. Mar was looking for other ways inside of the entrance to get to the catacombs where their lab was. He mentioned a bunch of different reconnaissance methods to be able to scout around. Hiroaki only had ever used himself or a fellow mercenary to scout, they didn't have any summons. This way was more sufficient, he supposed. People didn't have to risk their own lives by scouting through this way. 'Poor summons who could have lived their full lives buzzing around not knowing violence. Ahh, that would be boring, never mind.', he thought.

"Cigarette.", stated Hiroaki. He knew what the sound of people smoking were. He had an asshole of an employer in the past that would drag on one of those dirty paper rods and then blow it into his face every second she got. It was a way that she looked down on him even though he was the one doing all the work for her. After getting his money from that employer he remembered slicing her cigarette in half, walking out of the door. Mar explained to him about the odor of a cigarette and that being useful when it came to picking up on people.

Mar whipped out a mirror in the television set. The real Mar explained how it was useful to him in checking corners. That was one thing Hiroaki knew about. One time when he was near death and his blade laid on the ground, it was angled just right to where he could see the enemy coming. The story ended up with him drawing a kunai and ramming it into the chest of his foe. He nearly died that day, saved by the reflection of his blade. 

"Transformation jutsu is a useful way to disguise oneself", he said. Mar was talking about disguising as one of the men. Hiroaki thought that by doing that they could get further inside of the laboratory. It was a better way in his eyes to get this job done as they couldn't be too sure that they didn't have some type of camera of their own. 'Why does Mar have all these video clips of himself? Does he really go about with a camera in his face as he does missions?', he thought. It could be that Mar had done them separately from his missions purely to instruct, but Hiroaki couldn't be so sure.

Eight gates was being shown on the display. Hiroaki whistled. That was quite some combat footage of him. Eight gates was a hard feat to pull off and was quite straining on your body. That being said he must be training all the time to keep his body in perfect shape. Hiroaki could admire that about someone. He liked to train a lot himself, working his techniques and body to the ground. He recalled the time they trained at the restaurant. 

By using the crowd, Mar was able to escape a risky situation. Hiroaki had thought of Mar to be purely a man of justice, but this suggested otherwise. Maybe Mar and him were more closer alike than he had thought. Hiroaki didn't mind using others to get the job done, it was what he signed up for when taking a contract mostly. That is to say, unless they specifically asked for him not to go about getting the mission done however he liked.

Mar pointed out people who were not reacting like the majority of the crowd to pick the apart from the rest. This was a smart tactic he had not thought of before. Only someone who was really skilled or willing to act would pretend to be a citizen at that point to get closer. He looked at the woman making hand signs. Ninjutsu in a crowd was a no no. Most of ninjutsu is widespread and would hit more than one person. It was doubtful that it would hit Mar from that distance too, these people were a kind of their own as well. 

Reaction times were the next subject on mind. Hiroaki's reactions were pristine. That is, when it comes to swiping with a blade. He cut could a log in the air if someone prompted him to. When it came to other things, sure he could apply his swordsman reaction to it, but sometimes that same reaction is not what is needed for that type of job or situation. Sometimes you need an even better perception to it. 

A guy's jaw was hanging off on the television screen. Hiroaki did not flinch at this, he saw many battle injuries of all kinds. He coughed lightly as he continued to watch. Mar talked about how with the right amount of strength you can kill someone by wrangling them alone. He claimed that experts on strength could kill a bear by wrapping their arms around it. He thought of Seiichi and Eliwood's bears that were at the restaurant. He wondered if those two bears could sense Mar's strength, if they knew whether or not that Mar could wrangle one of them with his arms alone. That would be something else entirely to watch. 

At last, Mar had shown him breaking into a lab with a hostage in his arms. His was quite mobile and flexible, able to cast ninjutsu as he did his stunts. "Do you do most of your tasks alone?", he asked. It was a small curiosity that had risen inside of him from all the clips. If he was capable of doing everything alone, why was Hiroaki being so taken in by him? What was the true purpose of his contract with this man? He reflected on this and in the end he didn't care. Money was money and adventure was adventure. 

Mar turned off the television and faced towards him. He told Hiroaki what the situation the people down at the lab were currently in. "Well, if they are trapped down there there is no point in disguising as one of them, they would know it's us due to their close contact with one another. Additionally, if they are trapped, this suggests that there is only that one route that was enclosed off that lead inside. Digging up another entrance point would only make more noise in which they would focus their attention there and have the initiative. Our only points of entry would be removing what's enclosing the main entrance now, which would take less time than digging out another point or using ninjutsu to get inside from underneath. I suggest --", Hiroaki coughed, "Stealing is optimal, but that would require we clear the entirety of the lab first. The easiest method would be to flush them out with fire. With no source of escape they will inevitably burn or suffocate to death along with the supplies."

Hiroaki stood up from where he was seated. He stepped outside to where there was dirt. Using his katana he drew out a box which represented a lab and a tunnel. "I personally am greedy. If you are with me or not, I'm going to get the supplies. If you stay with me here is what I suggest", he goes on with a cough in between, "I blow up the entrance somehow, maybe with a supply you have created? This will leave the entrance to be open. From there I will start a fire, directing the smoke down into the hole. This will force them to flush out of the only exit possible, taking their chances with the fire. While they are in a panic they surely will leave the supplies behind in a rush to escape. You knowing ninjutsu, will enter through the dirt behind them, take the supplies and leave. I will have no choice but to run from my end and cut down whoever catches me." 

Hiroaki knew that Mar was a smart man. If he didn't know any type of ninjutsu to get through the ground like he has seen done by Shinobi in the past, he surely had some invention that could pull off the task that was needed. Hiroaki would wipe the image of the drawing he had made in the dirt with his foot so no one could see their plans. He would then look around the area to make sure no one else was around or listening in on him. In the meantime, he would expect Mar to un-summon his luxury tent that he had made himself. It was too big of an object to leave out without having someone come by, noticing it while they were on the job. That, and Hiroaki simply didn't want to take the risk of losing out on potential money due to it. Once Mar was done on his end, getting all that he needed they would set out to the destination they had discussed.

Hiroaki would head to the laboratory entrance with Mar in tow. He would check up that Mar was ready on his end, taking any supplies that were needed and from there, they would split apart. Hiroaki, planning to start a fire, directing the smoke onto the hole and blowing the exit open and Mar, going in from behind, taking the supplies. Hiroaki was counting that Dirty Dan or whoever was left down in that lab wouldn't be greedy enough to run out with the supplies on them. That would be most unfortunate and would cause all of their plans to change. It would mean that it was up to Hiroaki to spot  whoever was carrying the supplies before they got away which would be rather risky considering he could be unlucky and a few of them could stick together while fleeing.

(WC: 2055)
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:35 am
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42497-chili-secrets?nid=1#337341

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42498-jocky-sabatoge
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t39729-not-so-safe
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42495-prison-break?nid=12#337337
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42499-band-of-misfits

Mar gave his apprentice a long look for his poo flinging comment. “Let’s not have any of that shall we? Most often I hear men swearing right before they die or try and take my life. Sometimes both. Etiquite is free young Hiroaki and the words you use will shape the world as you know it. Besides, Dan got his name from mixing in too much baby powder into his bricks of stimulants. It seems he’s diametrically opposed to a good, clean deal. Killing someone because they are hurting a people or an industry is assasination. For the greater good. Taking a life because you want to is nothing but cold blooded murder, and invites problems both physical and internal.” He stated his opinion very quickly.

“The basic four jutsu that nearly every ninja on the planet know are also some of the most powerful. If you can think a might creatively. I’ve stood not fifty meters from a tornado without being sucked into the vortex because I used the surface walking technique to keep me firmly planted on the ground. And a substitution technique can save your life from even the most devastating of disasters. A wise man once said that it’s never the best weapons that make it to the battlefield. It’s the cheapest. I’d say five E rank jutsu would trump an S rank if the former had creativity, and opportunity. That’s the biggest difference between ranks I’d say. E is a perfect tool for one semi specific situation then after that each jutsu creates wholly new situations themselves.

“Do I work alone?... Yeah actually. I never did a proper ninja mission until I recently headed home to train with my pops for a while. Then I’ve been working with all the skills I got there sense. If I had the option, I’d cooperate between people constantly. But it’s not always the easiest thing in the world getting help on everything for others. And I’ll bet I do several times as many missions as them. When I commit myself to a task, I like to throw myself totally into it for days at a time until it’s done. Right now my task is getting recognized in the underworld, getting enough capital to refurbish some of my dads stuff and make my own, and getting enough experience to pick up an S rank technique. Those things are harder to learn than anything. It’s like every second you learn it is a riddle that you constantly have to keep going back on yourself to find the point. But I digress.”

Mar nodded agreeably to the boys plans, in a few ways he still underestimated him. Which was good for lesson at hand the engineer proposed. “Not a bad idea, the tactic you are referring to is called smoking them out. Generally how it’s done is that the seiger will get together a large amount of straw, bundle it up, and set it on fire. Then rolling it in. It works best on a place that does not have enough water or any kind of real means to put it out of course. But yeah people will almost always run out before the smoke inhalation gets them.”

“I do admire your task oriented attitude young ninja, getting those drugs would be better than not. Some of them might be running out with whatever of the drugs they can carry. That’s fine, their lives aren’t worth less than whatever's in their pockets. But of course if they try to interfere you shouldn't hesitate.” Mar performed the shadow clone jutsu. Summoning just one clone. “I’ll send him to retrieve the goods. So that I can stay with you. Just in case. But I will be playing from the back. Unless if it looks like they might kill you, I won’t intervene.”
The three of them would have an easy time gathering up a couple of man sized grass bales in the nearby grassland after Mar collected back up his tent. The grass was smelly, and just a little whet. Mar tied it together with string and got them ready. Explaining his own abilities further as he got ready to clear the entrance. “By the way, it was ingenuitive to think about blowing open the entrance. Truth be told if they weren’t so damn expensive I’d put the paper bombs akihana gave us to use. One of these days I’ll have to show you how to cut them up to make shaped charges. Which are much more effective than one big blast.”

“But yes dear Hiroaki, I am a poet, a musician, an engineer with a doctorate on the subject, and while formerly I was a ninjutsu expert I have now mastered Taijutsu. As I am right now, without opening any of the gates. I can lift thirteen tons. When I activate the fifth gate of limit, I can lift five hundred tons. And if I were to use the evening elephant. My strongest taijutsu technique. Well by my calculations I could tear the nine tailed fox in half and send pieces flying off into the next couple of countries.”

To demonstrate he effortlessly lifted a boulder larger than his body with one hand and flung it safely backwards, before digging into the rest moving them along a pile with a narrow exit where people would have to crawl on all fours to get out. “If I made it any bigger it’d have to be propped up with something less it trigger a collapse.” He explained, going on more and more about the different kinds of jutsu as the fire started and they waited for their victims to run out through the hole which streamed daylight in.

“Some ninja will preach that Ninjutsu is the greatest art because of its utility and range. It can do the most versatile effects of any jutsu type. Some will say that genjutsu is amazing because nothing else can attack the mind. Maby will choose medical ninjutsu as scarcely any technique can cause irreparable damage to the right expert. I chose Taijutsu. Because out of everything all of my power is centered right within my body. No tools that can break, no hand signs to perform. At my very weakest I am more dangerous than all of the other ninja combined because I have placed all of my energy and efforts into myself. It’s not perfect, but there are advantages aplenty.”

And so, on schedule. Those trapped inside began to flee, and just when they did the two Mar’s exchanged signals. With the clone beginning to tunnel directly downward with his bare hands that were harder than steel. First two ninja popped out. Seeing the pair, one of them brandished a kunai but his cohort grabbed his arm. Looking through smoked, blood shot eyes at the taller ninja who was standing right behind the boy. They wound up holding their arms out while one after one their comrades piled out behind them. Forming a wall with them in between the rest. A couple of the twenty people that piled out had as much as arm fulls of drugs. But according to the video earlier this was not even five percent of what was stored in the rest of the facility. Out came the final man from inside who was also dressed like a ninja. His body was covered in black residue and his left eye had a makeshift patch over it. Stopping short and staring with his comrades at the two missing nin ahead of them. “He killed them! It was him!” “Rin no! We can escape now.” “He killed my friends!”

Attaching a paper bomb to a katana in a desperate bid for attack he rushed forward. Aiming for Mar bu willing to take Hiroaki in the blast that followed. Mar did not act, believing that the boy would have something ready for this. But ready to step in if he was proved wrong. The man could normally match him for speed. But he appeared to have some shrapnel embedded in his shin which was slowing him down. “He might be on drugs, he might not feel pain.” The more experienced ninja advised. Looking at the bombers eyes.

Not long after he was dealt with the clone Mar would walk back carrying three huge sized crates stacked over fifteen feet above his head. Eventually storing all the narcotics in a scroll before vanishing. “You didn't handle your end half bad at all Hiro. I’m confident that if I had been a fresher ninja much like yourself that we could still have fully handled the situation with you in control. I want to make sure you know how to lead and to follow. The balance between each makes you better at the other. Many a war has been lost because of the simple fact that half of the fight is fighting together… Yes it’s probably just under half team work, half resources, and five percent combat skill I’d wager.”

He revealed another scroll, this one was not filled with items but rather a collection of rolled up business contracts. “Here it is Hiroaki! This will be our grand work together. This is a list of everything I need to be recognized as a C rank missing ninja. And if you follow along with it to the letter you too will be much, much closer to being C rank yourself. Not to mention we’ll be walking home with 31,700 Ryo. That’s a fortune. If you never wanted to work again, you could probably manage this well and live it up for a long life yet. Not to mention with the time that you do have, money will be the least of your issues.” His eyes turned into tryo signs. “I’ll be able to make a huge pile of inventions like likes the which the world has never seen as well. So COME ON big man. We’re riding the non stop train to success! Next stop, the moon. All of the lights in the sky are stars!” He yelled while running off to their nearest objective. 

In total, they were to Discover a corporate secret chili recipe, sabotage a cheating jockey’s chances in a tournament, help a little league team beat the best young ball players in the nation, rob the family of the ball players, steal from an entire caravan, and once all of that was over they had a date with an assassin who’d be coming after a drug lord's son.

Not long after they got back into town Mar revealed a small, yellow can of deluxe chili without beans canned and filled by the Amari chili conglomerate. “I want you to try this, it’s important.” He asked, squeezing the can open like popeye and offering him a small spoon from his mess kit.If Hiroaki did comply he’d find that the chili had a very fresh taste. Like it was strait out of the crock pot. It was beefy, and thick. Ultimately just the right consistency. While being a little sweet and having a hint of spiciness.  “This mission pays well for creative problem solving. That is the unique flavor of an international chili companies signature dish. Which is currently not in their hands after their head chef has passed away.”
“So, our job is to crack the secret. He’s currently going to come by their factory hoping to negotiate for a higher percentage of the revenue. We’ve got all options available to us. Legal and illegal. But before we jump right into torturing the guy, I think we should narrow down the options first. Right now there’s a kitchen just down the street of the place where the corporation is trying to reverse engineer the product themselves. To middling results, but. They are not ninja! So we might stand a better chance, at worse. We could figure out what it isn't.”

When they got into the kitchen they could see someone who for lack of a better word looked like Mar’s thirty year old, sandy haired clone standing next to a black aproned head chef with a megaphone. “Ok, that tears it. If macadamia nuts isn't the secret ingredient then we’re looking at it wrong. Commence with my tests!” A fleet of suit wearing businessman flooded around preparing anything and everything that might divulge the secret of the heavenly chili. On the other side of the glass they could see their numerous failed attempts. 

In one they had a cow in a chamber with a tube in the ceiling and a pentogram on the floor. “Now you might ask, does the soul have mass, can it be weighed? Measured? Who cares, I’m betting the secret is the soul of gods favorite farm animals!” A man dressed like a cultist wearing a candle on his hat vowed. The cow was electrocuted to death in one burst before the tube in the ceiling sucked out the smoke from the cieling. Putting it through some kind of eldritch filtration before pumping it back directly on a waiting bowl of chili. Which was mixed and had the director take a bit out of it. “Ich! Too much sadness, for this next batch. Don’t use a preggo cow. And pump up the preservatives.

An odd, wholly looking bison creature frozen in a few hundred pounds of ice. Was freed (but still very, very dead) by a team of interns armed with small flame throwers and chainsaws. “He’s got to be getting the finest ingredients in the world and mixing it in finely with the rest of the beef. This here is a pristine Auroch. The only of it’s kind on the planet. No beef can taste as good as the scientific sin we are about to commit.” It’s prime rib was exposed, defrosted, cooked, chilified. And when the director took a bit out of it she raised an eyebrow. “Gross, it’s like. Completely watery.”

“I’VE DONE IT!” A man wearing a labcoat called from the end of the testing chamber. “You have to test it, my concoction of amphetamines nailed it on the head. I knew the flavor came from a psychoactive source. Here, taste it.” He offered a spoonful to the nearest lab tech first. Who smiled broadly. “It’s spot on completly, by jove you’ve done it-” His head then proceed to burst in a fiery blast leaving behind a bloody mist as fragments of his skull wound up in the same souped up dish that the director elected not to try. “We’ll call it a maybe, experiment with the dosage. And try it on an intern next time!”

“Hmm.” Mar thought allowed, holding his chin. “I can see why they hired us to fix this problem. Ok. So the secret could be literally anything. Maybe a special machine on the factory line that has an affect they can’t replicate. But I think we can figure this out. Our chili in question has a really short ‘best buy’ date. Part of the reason it’s so profitable, goes bad in just a month even under refrigeration. Which is awful for canned goods.They sent me a full diagnostic of the chemical makeup. And it seems unremarkable, probably really close to their standard chili actually.”

“We could look at this from a historical standpoint. Their old head chef worked his way up from the factory floor to management. Before devising his own recipe based on the original. Which is all canned at a different facility. Since he left they’ve been working with beef stalk and his canisters of special ingredients. Which seemingly appear to be regular onions and peppers as far as anyone can tell. So he’s not highly educated, but had a lot of respect among his employees.”

“Well we know from what the one guy said that if you mix just the right doses of psychoactive drugs into the dish that the taste will appear to be right. But this stuff gets rigorously tested for safety over see’s. So even subtle effects like that would definitely have been discovered by now. So it looks like we’re at the point of making a decision. We either light a match underneath the sons backside. Or we look at his factory and find out what it’s doing differently from here. I know you like to do these things by the book, so interrogating the guy is bad PR for our employer. It’d be better for our reputation if we could figure it out without him.

“Personally, if I had to put my finger on it. I’d say there has to be something that’s been done from the engineering level to make the difference here. Either machine to machine, or can to can. There’s too much evidence indicating that the chili is identical to the other products they make out. So I’m betting it’s the same stuff but going through a different procedure that either those factory workers are all hiding. Or that all but a couple of them can even realize. Oh yeah, and there’s no chance this has to do with anything like genjutsu or ninjutsu. Already ran my own tests there. The old man never had a chakra signature and neither did the boy. They’ve been trying to break their own code for years now.”

Once again he left Hiroaki to decide on how they proceeded, he was just the muscle here to back him up if anything went wrong after all. And with not so much as a half armed villager to stand in their way as a physical threat he let the boy continue. Forging a path ahead of them to uncover the corporate secrets. Mar was very happy that he’d managed to snatch up all these jobs. Even if the  catch was that they all had to be completed in one day. Still, he hoped that he and the kid were setting some kind of unwritten. Rags to riches record.

Instead of taking the road they leapt from treetop to treetop like real ninja’s. Mar letting the boy lead the pace the whole way while he much more casually made the jumps that took all of the genin’s strength accomplish. Speaking with him. “Ok, now these next two jobs are going to involve sabotaging. All we have to do is help some little league kids win the big game. Then we have to make sure a man by the name Anonio get’s second place or less. He’s known to be unbeatable and they’re known to by the best young team in the nation if not the planet. So I’ve got an outline for the plan here.”

“You’re going to train up our band of misfits, and you’re going to disguise yourself as any one of the players. I hope you’re a wiz at baseball boy because whatever you do you’re going to be their star player. Normally it’s a team game, but from what I’m told you won’t be able to count on a single ally there. They’ve got known issues, from infighting, insomnia, malaise. Every medical condition under the books.” Mar paused, holding back a horrible comment that with his proteges bad cough he should play it up in order to fit in with him. Humming slightlyas he regained his train of thought before exploring further.

“So I’ll be on the route of actually sabotaging them. All I need to do is make sure that they can’t catch me, and it’s not severe enough to disqualify them. I’ll be going after all of them, but specifically their best players. Then when we get to the jocky we’re going to switch. I’m gonna make it my mission to turn all of his competition into superhero horses like some kind of cartoon for five year olds. And you’re going to sabotage jockey and mount. This is another bonus points scenario. It’ll be way better if he plays and gets last place then if he has an accident and can’t place at all. Happy clients means more preferred contracts, easier, and with a whole lot more cash.” He checks his watch. 

“The big game starts in two hours and will end in two more hours. Then we’ve got one hour to get to the jockey race and two and a half hours to prepare. After all that, we’ve got a prison break planned in town that’ll take our attention until midnight. We gotta get it done all in one day. But thanks to a little planning and our quick success earlier this morning. I think time is the least of our concerns. We’ll set up camp again. Then review everything you learned on the way back to fang country. Then maby I can put together all the funds you made to make some special new ninja tools. I think with this much money I’d be more than able to forge you a sword fit for killing gods. Now wouldn't that be something?”

They arrived in town and shortly before meeting the team the true Mar parted ways. But not before leaving his friend a double. Who soon changed into a coaches uniform, beaming from underneath a baseball cap. “I am here to be your adult supervision! When the game actually starts, you’ll be too busy playing and too young for most people to accept you as the real coach. So I’ll be here, as nothing more than a body. And maby to help advise you when it’s time to act as the leader to this bunch of misfits. Now let’s get you introduced!”

A trolly was waiting to take them to the other stadium  in 100 minutes. He had just nine players show up, barely enough to compete. Each of them looked raggedy, ill suited for getting out of bed in the morning or asking a girl out. Let alone for playing in any kind of competitive sport. Most of them were nine year olds, all of them had shabby. Home knit uniforms that barely fit and were plugged full of holes. Their equipment was all locked up in a shed he’d have to break into if they wanted any kind of balls or gloves to throw around for last minute practice. One by one they gave a short introduction, team morale was suprisingly good and it was clear they had no idea who they were up against.
“Hi! My names Waffel.” A dark skinned little girl with pig tails and a jersey from her favorite player that was a hand-me down from her older brother. “I’m the team's pitcher, and best friends with everybody. Except for Jeremy Witticer, he always sticks gum in my hair. But let’s see. I can throw a ninety mile an hour fastball! Oh, and my arms broken!” She waved around a cast on her pitching arm with a big dumb smile. The Mar clone whispering. “I know a jutsu that’ll form a temporary seal around her arms bone. It’ll last for just under a minute before it’ll go back to being broken…”

“My names Shortcake. I’m the catcher.” Said the oldest one in the group. A twelve year old with mushroom shaped hair and a tiny stumble under his lip that he took great pride in. “I guess I’ve played some other positions before. But *yawn* that’s just so stressful you know. I’d rather warm the bench but Terry had to go to the dentist and Maury blew off his thumb with a fire cracker. It was the best, you should have seen it.” Said the ill motivated player.

“My name's Biscut, I’m first base.” Said a boy who had a dust mask over his head. “I’m not sick or anything, in fact. I never get sick at all. I can’t control how bad I am at football, or whether my parents love me or not. But I can control what germs go into my body!” It was then that one of the kids behind him pegged him in the back of the neck with a spitball. “Jeremy!”” Biscut cried out with outrage, freaking out like he’d literally burst into hives before removing a moist towelette from his pocket and removing the intrusion. “Filthy, filthy, filthy.” He obsessively said, wandering to the dumpster on the other side of the field to throw it away.

“I’m Springroll, second base.” A tall, thin ten year old girl with big hazel eyes and brown hair going to her shoulders would say. She adjusted her glasses. “I’m legally blind, but I’m passable with my specs. It’s uh, it’s really hard to see baseballs. So usually I just follow the others and am ready to catch the ball when people say my name. I’m sorry for being useless.” She remarked with an uncharacteristic level of self awareness with the team.

“Bark!” Their third baseman called out, jumping on Hiroaki and licking the crap out of his face unless he swiftly dodged. *Pant* “Mrrr, bark. Yap!* The german shepard piped up. Explaining in dog tongue. ‘Hello there! I am Waffel’s best friend, we do the ball game at home all the time. I like to be Springrolls seeing eye dog when her glasses break. Which is like, more days then I get belly rubs. And I get belly rubs all the time. I like you, even if we don’t win you can be my friend for as long as you want. I will protect you.” It then proceeded to run off the field for nearly twenty minutes chasing a poor milk man down a couple of blocks before he eventually climbed a tree. “Yeah, we got a special note from the head of the league saying he could be a member. And it’s a real morale boost having such a perfect mascot. His names King Barkanado the third, but we call him third. Cause he plays third base.” Waffel offered.

Their shortstop got to practice late, showing up on an awesome coloured wheel chair with tassels on the handles and flames on the wheels. He had his hair dyed orange with big brown eyes to match. “Hi! Nice to meet you, they call me dumpling. I’m like, the best player at Smashleague pro seventh edition whenever everyone comes over to my house. I’ve got the most practice of anyone here if you count that game. Oh, and I’m really good at catching if I’m close to where the balls gunna land.”

Looking around, his left and right fielders appeared to be missing. Until Hikari found two young boys beating the snot out of one another behind the fence on the other end of the field. “Cookie Biggins! You aren’t allowed to have the same favorite ninja as me!” “Katsue the hurricane is everyone’s favorite you mouth breathing peice of trash! That’s all you are Bread Johnson.” “Don’t you say my name!” “How about I say this!?” Asked Cookie who was currently on the ground. “Rock Style, Earth Release.” He grabbed a nearby stone and smacked it into his enemies eye. Rolling over on top now before Bread bit his thumb.

“Yeah they’re always at each others throats.” The dreary Shortcake responded with a yawn. “Bread is angry at the world, why wouldn't he be? His parents named him bread. Oh and Cookie seems sweet but he’s always talking behind people's backs. Spreading gossip, he’s the reason half of our team quit. Most of them after crying and breaking down. I’m gonna guess Bread will probably be next. He can’t cut it and when he’s spiraling like this-” “Hey fatty, did you just say I can’t cut it?” “What?! No!” Shortcake took off running with the violent youth right behind him.

After that, the last member of his team appeared behind him. Smacking on a mouthful of big league chew and blowing an obnoxious bubble. He puta hand on Hikari’s shoulder. “I’m Jeremy Wittiker. My parents were the ones who hired you and your little cheerleader to come and make us win. Idiots, it’s all they ever care about. I’m pretty much the best at everything, I once broke a high schoolers ribs with this one ball I knocked right into his stupid belly. But I’m already captain of football, and the math club, and the swim team. I feel like taking it easy. So you better line me up for some sweet, easy home runs or I’ll tell my mom and she’ll have a drifter like you six feet under by sundown. I’m her special little angel, I deserve a walk up easy street.”

Meanwhile, just a few blocks down the street. The other team, the New Phillyville Dragons. Was having a barbecue to celebrate the end of the season. Secure in the fact that they’d already won. Mar tried to glance through a gap in the fence but found it impeccable. Resorting to using Nectar to take a good look of the scene. They had nearly thirty boys at the cookout. All in uniforms which looked immaculate. They had an ice statue, and a hawk eyed ninja bodyguard on the payroll who shooed Nectar off within the first second of having seen him. ‘This is going to be difficult, good thing I left Hiroaki with the kids. He’s probably got an easy job.’

Mar simply stayed, waiting for an opportunity for several moments before it came in the way of a misthrown base ball. Which went right over the fence landing not ten meters from where Mar was standing. He ran over to hide behind a pile of golf club bags staged there for the country club. “Boys, don’t go outside of the fence. Wilhelm, go retrieve that please.” A man asked his subordinate. Who appeared with the telltale flash of the body flickering technique. Mar acted fast, using the quiet steps technique to rush behind him. Before grabbing him by his headband and chucking the ninja eighty meters into a sand hazard. Darting after him.

As soon as Mar jumped above a small hill eight shuriken came out in a wave at him. By ducking his head, rolling, and opening the first gate he was able to catch four and make the others miss. “Not bad, but can you- Crap!” He was cought in mid air as it seemed the ninja was only trying to draw his attention with the ranged attack. Sprinting to the right and making out several hand signs at full tilt. Mar rushed through the fewer hand signs of the wind jump technique. Curving to the side in mid air while his butt was slightly roasted by a fireball which flew off into the sky and dispersed. 

Mar resolved to end this quickly before their brawl was discovered by the partygoers. His hands flowed into the signs of the common clone jutsu. Creating several illusions to throw his target off base. They then all performed the hand signs for the body flickering technique. Just like he hoped, the ninja lashed out with more shuriken. But they were aimed at the wrong target. His body slipped into speeds so incredible he was totally invisible. But only for a moment, appearing at the ninja side to deliver a swift chop to the neck taking him out of the fight.

Looking around in a hurry after taking his new disguise with the transformation jutsu, he returned to the party with the lost ball in hand. Panting suspiciously which the host picked up on. “That took a while.” He thought fast. “A dog went and swiped the thing.” “A hound off its leash? In my good suburban neighborhood? I’ll call animal control and arrange a hunt right away.” The mayor said. Immediately excusing himself to make the necessary preparations. Wanting for nothing to go wrong for his boys special day. Mar rubbed his hands together menacingly. Looking over all the now vulnerable targets that he had to sabotage in such a short time frame.

He started by patrolling his way to the buffet table which was still in the process of being filled by a small team of chefs idly conversing as they worked. It’d be very difficult to act with them all on duty so he waited for about twenty minutes laying low until one had to go relieve himself. Quietly following him indoors to the three story house hold. “Oh, do you need to go first?” The kindly cook asked him outside of the bathroom. “Go ahead, I’m gunna have a smoke-” Mar slapped his temple. Knocking him out instantly before dragging the man inside and stowing him in a hamper. 

Walking back onto the scene with his new disguise he nodded to the cook currently manning the grill. Who was just putting away the beef colour spray he was using on the vegan patties most of the team were eating instead of the real thing. “Hey I can take the grill for a while man.” He offered, his associate shrugged. Walking over to instead prepare some more ants on a log for the kiddo’s. His time was nigh. When no one was looking he stored the sizzling vegetable patties away in a pocket dimension. Before replacing them with a bunch of all beef patties just slightly passed their expiration date. Chuckleing with amusement.

Once this batch of burgers was cooked up, he returned inside and dawned his ninja disquise again. Looking around the ground floor until he found a table where all of the teams uniforms were piled up next to several duffel bags full of equipment. Like a prankster, he set to work. Each of the jersy’s was doused with just enough itching powder that his unexpected young victims would not be able to see or smell it. He used a kunai to carve off the cleats of their every last shoe.

During this process a servant came down holding yet more uniforms fresh from the wash and dropping them in fright. Like an animal he pounced over ten meters. Not being the type to hurt an innocent lady he assailed her with duct tape. Wrapping her up with a third of a roll before using his chakra sense to get a feel for the layout of the building. One long jump up the stairs and he opened the attack to throw her up inside. ‘That outta buy me enough time…’ He reasoned.

Returning back downstairs. He covered the balls in vaseline, he shaved away the grips on all the baseball bats, he covered their gear with stink spray which would only hit harder given the nausea they were all about to experience. Going outside briefly he collected ants from a hive to place inside of their mits. Filling the rest with glue. He ruined their perfect set of laundry with buckets of water poured over everything so it’d be cold and unpleasant beyond belief.

He raided the medicine cabinet and walked back outside to get himself a drink. After washing his hands of the sin that he’d committed on all of these children. While they were trying to figure off where the third cook went off too he mixed in a bottle of sleeping pills into the punch and the lemonade. Stirring vigorously and confident that it would sap all the energy and spirit from the boys before the big game. He kept operating fast. Wanting to keep everyone from getting suspicious. With just one last part of his plan.

Walking up to a very popular man wearing a coached uniform with blue fishing sunglasses and a baseball cap. He offered something from under his coat. A bottle of Tequila with a little blue bow on it. The good stuff. “Ohh? Thank you, but I really shouldn't open it until after the-” “Your host, er. My employer wanted me to give this to you. It’s eighteen year old single malt. Very, very good luck for times like this. He said not to worry about it, what are we going to loose to the worst team in the nation?” He offered charismatically, pouring him a double into a glass. “Well, when you put it that way.”

Mar excused himself out the front door and as soon as no one was looking. Started taking off in a sprint, skipping merrily and cackling in a juvenile voice. “That was so much fun! Sorry boys, but maybe you’ll learn something from this defeat. I think your parents will learn to hire better ninja.” He snarkily remarked, this was usually unlike him. So kind and caring to most kids. But the pay was good and if anyone deserved it they probably belonged in the upper class. He was sure they would all recover and even more certain of their victory. Now for those jockey races…

“Crap, crap we’re so late!” Mar shouted, holding Horaki from his coat and leaping tree to tree at nearly four times their usual traveling speed. “Who’d have thought rigging and playing through a baseball game would take more time than anything else!? We still need to rig that jocky race and spring that innocent man out of prison in… 1 hour!?” He checked his watch, somehow accelerating even further and likely making his patsy extremely sick in the process.

It took them fifteen more minutes just to arrive in town. “Good thing this final horse race is at 1AM. Now we just need to.-” His draw dropped as he made out a sign in the darkness of the night just barely. Which said. “Welcome to Fibberdale.” “Noooo!” He cried out. Proceeding to run through with Hiroaki now at utterely ludicrous speeds. At times chopping entire hundred year old tree’s in two with his hand just to save a few more seconds off of their time. “We’re supposed to be in Fabesdale!”

Along the way they passed over the target caravan that they were meant to rob. "Her, dink, goto..." He mumbled, trying to work together a quick plan. "They're going to stop in town to watch the big race kid. That's when we'll burgle them." He decided, for times sake alone. "We're after a strongbox full of gems that they've picked up from one of their last trades. Don't let me leave here without it..."

Mar’s legs were trembleing by the time they made it to their final destination. “It’s ok, it’s ok. We’ve got… 15 MINUTES!?” There was a juicy splat as he bit the hell out of his tongue to draw blood before slamming it on the ground to perform the summoning jutsu at top speeds. “Ok kid, you rig the race, I’ll free the prisoner. 3,2,1. Go akatsuki!” He howled, pressing Nectar into the kids pocket, breaking open the fifth gate and tossing him clear to the other side of town before the bird took over and let him hover down to the rest of the destination. “Jeeze! He’s working you like a slave, you ok little buddy?” The tiny. Humming valk asked.

“OOOOOH!” He let out a battle cry while charging headfirst into the heart of the prison. He was noticed instantly by a spotlight and repeating crossbows rained down arrows. Some of which were on fire. Into his body. Each one that made contact by luck merely bouncing off like he was wearing a full suit of armor beneath his skin. With a running kick he heavily dented the towering thirty foot tall steel drawbridge. They turned the last of their static defences on him when he had only eight minutes left. Pouring down flaming napalm which barely reddened his skin due to warmpth but incinerated all but his fire resistant undergarments. They were able to level a full on ballista which fired with a bolt much larger than him.

Opening the second gate Mar felt the entire world move half as quickly around him. Which was all the advantage he needed. Leaping forward so fast the sticky gasoline was torn from his toned body leaving a trail of fire. He kicked off the massive bolt in mid air. Doing a large backflip over to it’s twin on the other side of the gate which was loated but not fired. “AHHHHHH!” “AHHH!” The guards and engineers cried. Backing the hell away as he landed on top of it. Some of them getting showered in splinters but the rest being privy to the most incredible thing they’d seen in their lives as mar kicked out the loaded crossbow bolt. Which fell off the wall and shattered on the ground below. Before landing on the bottom, heaving the entire siege machine off it’s foundations to face the highest tower. Twelve stories tall in the prison. And hopping back once more to load himself before throwing a kunai at the mechanism and firing.

With a stupendous boost and a leap everything got quiet as the totally black. Soot covered ninja got closer and closer to what he presumed to be the cell where his target was kept in. Tearing off the door and flinging it back he called. “I’m here to rescue you- What?” In confusion, finding only two. Partly clothed figures in what looked to be the nicest room in town. There was a gold plaque on that read. “Warden Sanders.” Somthing clicked in his head. “I’m here for Tony Yunnei. Where is he warden?” Too confused and embarrassed to respond in full sentences. Both figures pointed down. “9 floors below ground.” Mar groaned. Checking a digital clock. “Four f**** minutes? Seriously?”

Before taking one step back and falling over the balcony. Shifting all the way into the fourth gate. He spiraled around and performed a heavenly kick of pain directly at the foundations. All of the prison was built around a single tower. Which cracked and leaned with enormous weight. “Hyup-!!!” He groaned, slowly lifting the entire tower upwards. With it’s several lower layers coming as well. The alarm was sounding full blast. Over the bullhorn he heard. “Stop him men, everyone. Do something! We gotta stop him!”

Mar was surrounded by dozens of guards who all tried to make some effort to impede his progress. They blasted him with tear gas, which smelled lightly of pepper to him. They tried to impale him with spears thrown and thrusted time after time. But most of them simply broke for the effort. A dozen at once grew close enough to bludgeon him with trenches and try to muscle him backwards but nobody was up to the test. Though the entire tower had moved a couple of inches. He knew their had to be a better way.

Letting go and swiping all of the extra off with one swing of his arm. Mar performed the shadow clone jutsu to call in reinforcements. The two clones of him appeared sprinting at full tilt for the drawbridge. It’s attendants scattering in fear. One hefted up the winch itself while the other one severed the connection to the bridge. Before repeating this process with the leftmost one. The door slammed open in a broken mess, before they turned the chains around to now face the tower. Leaping forward like trapeze artists and holding onto the chains with their ankles to bridge the gap and connect the two.

Mar took their old place on the top of the drawbridge and forced himself into the fifth gate. His body screaming in agony from the overexertion much at the same volume that he screamed while wheeling up both of the winches at once. Now with double pully power and two clones adding in their muscle the tower was yanked from the ground fast. Being catipulted nine stories in the air. Before it could think of landing Mar surged forward. Arms at his sides, diving through the bottom floor with his chakra sense to find his target. He slipped in through one part of the concrete and out the other end. Before his clones stepped in to try and catch it. Loosing their lives as their forms were shredded down to smoke but succeeding in preventing a great deal of human casualties. The tower leaned violently to the side. Everything within thrown around like a hurricane. But not one guard or prisoner was killed or maimed during his over the top escape.

Mar got the man shipped home on a prearranged boat, deliriously wandering back to where he and Hiro had first split ways. Summoning an extra pair of clothes from his belongings and taking a dip in the stream to clean off all of the soot. Even if he still reeked of napalm and sawdust. He looked much better for it. Panting, and at the very limits for his stamina. He had no f***s left to give anymore.

Lieing down on a street bench, he giggled when his apprentice returned. “We did it, we’re rich, we’ll be famous in the underworld. Heroes. Oh god… Urg. Oh, ok. So, do you still want that drink or what?” He offered, if the kid was dying, and he’d been working half as hard as Mar had the entire day. Why not let him indulge in a little bit of vacation juice? To hell with the consequences. Weather he accepted it or not Mar could feel himself drawn to the nearest late night convenience store. Buying a large, middle range bottle of sake and summoning a pair of mugs from his mess kit to share. Though he couldn't get drunk, the familiar taste still suited him. “What’d you think of all that Hiro? That’s a big taste of the missing nin life…”
Hiroaki Gekko
Hiroaki Gekko
Citizen

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:42 pm
     At the time when Mar had brought up how he had only started doing real ninja missions when he went to go train with his pops, Hiroaki was lost deep in thought. He didn't have anyone to go back to, to go train with. In a way Hiroaki was jealous of Mar, having that connection since his birth. Having someone to go back to, to help him get stronger, to be there for him, to house him when he was in need. Hiroaki was cast aside into an orphanage, not knowing who his parents really were. He only knew of his name from a clipboard. Only knew of one of his ancestors from one of the assistants at the orphanage talking about it to someone behind his back. An ancestor who was long dead, well over even 400 years ago. Hiroaki looking down, coughed. 'This cough is the only thing linked to my family from what I have heard', he thought. 

Hiroaki knew that he would like to have a mother and a father hence why he was jealous, but at the same time, he didn't know if it was that important having a family. Hiroaki was still standing his own ground. At the orphanage, he wasn't treated too bad. There was the occasional nuisance of an over emotional kid just like him who would try to pick fights with him and sometimes he took a punch to the stomach, but he still had the guts to fight back. Sure, he left to live on the streets and took a life of thievery, but he still progressed. Hiroaki believed that the point was, that with his illness and lack of family, he still moved on. He wouldn't have called himself a grade A role model though.

In fact, Hiroaki could see how he was called a cockroach as a kid. He was riddled with an illness, but never died from it. He kept going when things seemed to be hopeless for him. Often he smelled really bad and did from time to time had to steal food or crawl through garbage. When stepped on, he would come out of the boot smiling, sticking one step ahead. His whole lineage almost seemed similar to that too in Hiroaki’s books. Could you imagine a clan of people who suffered a horrible genetic coding, constantly having offspring before dying to it? Hiroaki had to be one of many who had been afflicted with this illness if there were stories of an ancestor of hundreds of years ago.

This made Hiroaki wonder if there ever was a doctor that could have cured him or those like him of this illness. There were remarkable doctors in the thrown out textbooks he used to read, but anytime he actually went to a doctor himself it was always a scam. He had a deep anger for false doctors who tried to pray on his physical weaknesses. There were some doctors who admittingly really did want to help him, but couldn’t. Eitherway, it put Hiroaki in a deep despair to think about. He knew he would be stuck the way he was with his cough. He didn’t have it in him to ask anyone else to check him out for fear that they wouldn’t have a solution either.

Mar seemed to like his plan of smoking the enemies out of the hole. He did mention how it was quite an expensive thing to do to use explosive tags and the like to blow open the entrance however. Hiroaki wasn't one to waste money, so whichever approach in that worked for Mar that was cheapest was fine with him. Hiroaki wasn't above slicing an opponent in two and it finally came to his understanding that Mar would let Hiroaki fight to his full extent if need be. Hiroaki didn't care what happened to any of the drug dealers inside. They had no connection to Hiroaki, he had never even heard of most of them with the exception of Dirty Dave. 

Mar had used his shadow clone technique, popping a couple out around himself. He told Hiroaki of how he would enter to go and retrieve the narcotics. Hiroaki nodded his acknowledgement to Mar who he found to clearly know what he was doing. Hiroaki kept his hand on the hilt of his blade, ready to strike anyone who may come out of the hole in the ground. They would all be in a panic, no one would be able to react soundly to Hiroaki. He waited for the commotion to commence, standing next to what he assumed to still be the real Mar.

While they waited, Mar began to speak of his many talents. Apparently, Mar Byrd was a jack of all trades type of man. Hiroaki kept looking forward, staring at the cave as the man went on with his rant. Hiroaki from now and then, grunted to show he was still listening. Then Mar lifted up a humongous bolder with one hand, Hiroaki side eyed him while his body was still facing the direction of the tunnel. 'This crazy man. Is he really lifting a bolder with one hand while he has clones deployed?', he thought. Mar had thrown the bolder behind them, leaving the tunnel to now be slightly open and escapable. Smoke had started to drift out of the tunnel as those inside were clearly suffocating. They would soon rush out to escape being killed by the gas. 'I really didn't know who I was signing for when I made my contract with Mar', he thought. Hiroaki readied his blade.

People started to pour out of the tunnel running towards Hiroaki and Mar's direction. Before they crossed paths with them, they stopped right outside the cave. The whole group had made a wall holding the people behind them back. They seemed to be fearful of being cut down by the two of them. What could only appear to be Dirty Dave came out with his missing friends trying to convince them to attack Hiroaki and Mar. The two of his pals seemed to not be having it with him either. They recommended that they bolted for it. Apparently, Dirty Dave was lost in his anger about a person named Rin if Hiroaki had heard correctly. 'That must have been someone Mar had cut down in the past', he thought. That had nothing to do with Hiroaki, but if the man insisted on charging at them then Hiroaki was happy to oblige the man.

Mar looked at Hiroaki, half with a look yelling, "You got this!" and another half with a look saying, "Maybe you don't..". Mar had told Hiroaki of how Dirty Dave might be on his own product that he has there. Hiroaki did not respond to this. Instead, he watched the man slap on an explosive tag onto his blade like a madman with amusement. 'These contracts of mine get more and more fun', he thought to himself. Dirty Dave raised his weapon angrily, waving it around with the intent to blow all of them up to smithereens. Hiroaki had slowly lowered the tip of his blade to the ground, giving off an illusion that he was not going to stop the madman. This made Dirty Dave laugh in hysteria as he charged at the two of them. Hiroaki then swiped the grounds dirt into the man's eyes blinding him. The man being unstable as he was started to fall to the ground. Hiroaki's blade that had moved from his bottom right to his upper left, quickly moved his move horizontally across, above Dirty Dave's head. Hiroaki's blade struck the side of Dirty Dave's and sent the weapon flying into the bushes away from them all. 

Hiroaki sighed which turned into a cough. He re-sheathing his sword. 'Guess it wasn't that fun after all', he thought. Hiroaki picked up Dirty Dave with his two hands around the man's collar. Dirty Dave was still clawing at his eyes like a damn animal. "Get it together will ya?", shouted Hiroaki, "What kind of leader are you?" He punched Dirty Dave down to the ground. The two henchman for Dirty Dave looked like they were about ready to jump in. Hiroaki put a hand on the hilt of his blade staring them down. "Drop the goods, or I'll drop the bodies", he stated. At times like these, you had to show your sincerity or no one would ever comply. Hiroaki took out his blade and buried it an inch from Dirty Dave's face. Hiroaki knew in a fair fight he would probably lose against all of these people, but his theatrics had helped always helped him. That, and the fact that Mar who apparently already showed off his strength to them all was right behind him. The people stripped themselves of all the drugs they carried. Hiroaki made sure to collect the bundles of it that were stuffed away in some of their shoes as well. 

One of Mar's clones had made an appearance with a large bundle of the narcotics in his arms. Mar took out a scroll, sealing all of it within. Hiroaki kept watch over the crowd of drug dealers, making them put in the narcotics they had emptied out into the scroll with the rest of it. Dirty Dave was still knocked out there in front of him. Hiroaki had collected back his blade in-case the man suddenly became conscious again and made a leap for his sword. Hiroaki did not trust any of these people and made sure that no one would run for it by keeping his eyes scanning. 

Mar had commended Hiroaki for his work in stopping Dirty Dave. Hiroaki did not feel he deserved any commendation for he was only doing his job. If anything, Hiroaki almost had ruined their whole contract, but Hiroaki would not mention this to Mar. The thing was that Hiroaki almost had made the decision to push Dirty Dave back into the crowd of people that were there. For a moment, Hiroaki could even see the mayhem that would have had commenced. It wasn't that Hiroaki was blood thirsty, but rather felt it was the best way to neutralize them all. It was a good thing that Hiroaki had remembered they needed the drugs. Drugs were never his cup of tea, but if someone else wanted them, Hiroaki did not care. 

With all the drugs collected, Hiroaki had dispersed the crowd. He let the two henchman take Dirty Dave back with them. He had learned his lesson alright, just like the contract wanted. With that, Mar had made his way to him. He whipped out some new scrolls that were job offers for the both of them to set out and accomplish. Hiroaki looked over them all. They weren't anything he couldn't handle and Mar mentioning the money they would make from it even made him smile. "We'll have to celebrate once all of this is over.", said Hiroaki. Celebrating a mission well-done at a good old tavern afterwards had always made Hiroaki happy. Hiroaki thought of Akihana's cooking back at the Chunin restaurant he was previously at. The meals there were top quality and they had a good selection of alcohol as any. They would just have to fabricate a little story of how their missions were not as violent as they really were. 

Mar had clearly hyped himself up. He was talking about "riding the non-stop train of success". Hiroaki was happy he could get more experience under his belt. He wanted to be able to get stronger to take on higher level contracts and maybe one day become famous for what he does. That was assuming he was still walking around by then. If anything, he would continue to work with Mar Byrd to help him achieve his own goals. That is what a mercenary does, make those who hire them obtain something that they wish. 'In a way, I'm like Santa Claus. A more bloody Santa Claus, but a Santa Claus none-the-less', he thought chuckling to himself. Hiroaki remembered himself as a kid running around trying to steal things from people. He was an idiot when he first started out with his thieving. He would actually carry a bag and put stuff into it, heaving it with him. 'Had anything really changed?', he thought. Well, for one thing, that bag will be filled with that 31,000 ryo instead of random miscellaneous objects. 

Hiroaki took out his notepad that he always carried with him. He took out his pencil as well and then scanned over himself. He wrote down a checklist of the things he would need in the future. He knew that he needed an armor of sorts, something durable. What he had now was simply a tunic that could be sliced through easily. Next would be to get another sword. He liked to carry more than one blade on him. On top of that, the blade he was using wasn't of the best quality. It had its use for now and he was grateful for it, but he wanted something with a little more jazz. That's to say he would not chuck it away, he would use it and develop a style that could involve all his weapons. Hiroaki tried to think of anything else that he would need. While he was doing this he noticed Mar eyeing him, ready to continue with their missions. Hiroaki pocketed his notepad nodding to him that he was ready. 

Mar heading back to town with Hiroaki, revealed a can of chili to him. He explained the mission details that he had taken out prior. They were to uncover the secret recipe of the chili that was only known by one person other than the head chef and that was the head chef's son. Both the company and the son's actions made sense to Hiroaki. They both were as greedy as everyone else in this world, unable to live by the bare minimum. Hiroaki was the same way, willing to beat up or slice down people if they were in the way of his contract. This seemed like a no brainer to Hiroaki. 'We can just go and beat the son up, get the secret recipe, give it to the company people and get paid', he thought. He continued to follow Mar. 

Mar lead Hiroaki to the factory that contained a chef trying to figure out what the secret recipe is. The old man looked as grimy as the chili he was making which reeked to Hiroaki. The chef talked about adding Macadamia nuts to his chili. 'Who in their right mind thinks Macadamia nuts will turn chili into a good product', he thought. Soon the chili was surrounded by businessmen. Hiroaki discretely passed by the businessmen, his hands in motion and went up to the chef to talk to him while they were doing whatever. "Have you really tried --", Hiroaki paused to cough, "-- everything?". The chef went off on a rant about several different ingredients he had tried to make the chili with. Hiroaki sat there bracing himself against the verbal diarrhea that came from the chef's mind. In short, Hiroaki wasn't having it. This chef had no idea on what should be done for getting this chili to come out like the way the factory wants.

There were frozen animals being taken out of the freezer. Hiroaki didn't want to see what would happen next. Mar was watching the whole spectacle happen with an interest. Hiroaki stepped out of the building, getting a layout for the terrain. He decided that the son of the chef who died would come to the building eventually to ask for more money. Hiroaki waited in the front of the building for the man to come along. To not seem so intimidating he picked up some rocks and started to juggle them in the air. Eventually the man approached the entrance to the company and walked inside of it, Hiroaki followed behind the man. He tapped the man's shoulder and beckoned him to a room on the left which was empty. The man followed him with the most skeptical look a person can have.

"Listen, I'm here representing Sunny's Chili. We heard of your situation and are aware of your unsatisfied wage. We are willing to pay you more if you come work for us.", said Hiroaki. The man looked at Hiroaki, taking his image in. "I don't know.. my father worked here for a long time, it would be better if they would just give me a raise here. Our family's chili is what is keeping this company alive.", he said. Hiroaki coughed up a fit, his illness acting up. Hiroaki pounded his chest at an unsuccessful attempt at beating it down. "Ah, sorry. I got an illness. That's why they keep me to do these tasks instead of working by the food. Are you sure you wouldn't be interested in earning double the amount you get here?", said Hiroaki. Hiroaki leaned back against the wall watching the son's face change.

The man stuttered, "D-double!? Are you serious?". Hiroaki put his hand underneath his overcoat and produced a stash of ryo. The son reached out for it, but Hiroaki raised the money out of his reach. "Uh Uh Uh", said Hiroaki. Hiroaki coughed, lifting his other hand the cover his mouth. "First, tell me what the recipe is as a guarantee you won't go back to this company instead of staying at ours.", stated Hiroaki. The man was so distracted by the amount of ryo that he practically drooled. "B-But, my father..", he went on. Hiroaki tugged at his sword, putting it at full display for the man. "Deal?", asked Hiroaki. The man gulped and took the cash from him. The man told him the secret ingredient which Hiroaki would not speak of out loud.

Returning to Mar's side, Hiroaki whispered that he had gotten the recipe out of the chef's son. Of course Mar would ask how Hiroaki had obtained this source of information, but Hiroaki would shrug it off. "Don't worry about it. The way I settled it won't make our employers look bad. If anything it will only reflect poorly on Sunny's Chili", he said laughing. Hiroaki's laugh turned into a bitter cough. Hiroaki knew that the man could potentially realize that he was sent by the company to obtain this information when they started mass producing again, but that wasn't on him. If anything, the company should be aware of this repercussion and have a team of lawyers and PR allies to help cover everything nice and smoothly. It wasn't as if Hiroaki had left his identity in the hands of the man or gave the man any legal precedence to take action against the company. In the eyes of the law, he was paid for his information. 

Hiroaki took out his notepad, flipping a page in it. He wrote the recipe of the secret chili on it and went to the door of the chef's room. He placed it on the door knowing full well someone there will take notice of it and begin to undergo mass production of the chili again. The chef would be beyond happy to not having to throw in frozen bison into his chili. At least Hiroaki had hoped that the chef would be happy to not have to do that anymore. 'Eitherway, to each their own', thought Hiroaki. He knocked on the door that contained the note and walked away with Mar. The note said:

"The secret to the chili is _______. Forward our payment ASAP. If not, repercussions will be taken."

Mar wanted to take to the treetops which Hiroaki had no difficulties with. Hiroaki went from tree to tree, taking the lead of the group of the two of them. He headed over to the field where the baseball team was located. Mar had fully explained the situation to Hiroaki obviously planning things out while he was gone. Mar wanted for him to transform himself as one of the players in the league and win them the game. They were all younger kids with no remarkable ninja skills. Hiroaki knew he could win against these opponents if he were to actually try. 

Hiroaki landed his feet in front of his team at the field. He nodded to Mar who introduced him to each of the kids. Hiroaki turned his attention to the team. They all looked rather sickly, and weak. He was surprised that some of them could even hold onto a bat. To Hiroaki, none of their names were important, they were all objects for all they were worth to him. Hiroaki coughed, his own way of getting all of their attention. "Listen, up. I'm here to make us wi-", Hiroaki was interrupted by a kid who went up and kicked him in the leg. Hiroaki glared down at him menacingly, but then thought better of it. Hiroaki placed his foot on the kids chest and slowly pushed him back into line, trying to keep his cool. "We will wi-", he was interrupted again. This time a kid threw a ball at his arm making him wince. Hiroaki stared down at the group of children. "I-I don't get paid enough for this.", finished Hiroaki who pulling on his forehead in despair.

The coach there leaned over the children, trying to shake Hiroaki's hand. Hiroaki patted it away from him multiple times, but he didn't seem to get the hint. At last, Hiroaki shook the man's hand forcing him to stop leaning against the children and go back to standing on his own two feet. Hiroaki decided it was time for some training. He put half the team to throw the ball and half the team to hit the ball with the bat. As punishment for the kids that annoyed him, he made the two of them go run to fetch the balls that were hit off into the distance. Hiroaki took it upon himself to put himself in practice since Mar had planned on him for being the force behind the little league team winning. He made the original coach pitch him the ball a couple times, him swinging it off and away. "Go get it you gremlins!", he yelled at the two bad kids. Hiroaki had no patience for these children. 'What was Mar thinking', he thought. Hiroaki heard the kids fooling around behind him. "HEY! Go back to practicing! And no ninjutsu!", he ordered. The kids went back to swinging and pitching their own balls.

The next practice Hiroaki had the children do was an actual game. Again, he split the teams up into two and made them play each other. Hiroaki excluded the two brats who had inflicted physical harm onto him. He knew it was bullying, but he didn't care. Hiroaki gave the two kids the job of being the water and towel boy respectively. The team's original coach would be instructed to help out with the on field side while he focused on the batters. "No, no, no. You got to swing at the ball like this", said Hiroaki. He took out his sword and swished it at a perfect motion that would bring the ball to a home run. The kid tried the maneuver, but ended up swinging the bat against his head. The kid collapsed on the field hurt. "Well, you definitely got a concussion, but that helmet of yours saved you", said Hiroaki picking the kid up and handing him to the other coach. The coach took the kid and ran off with him. 'That was one player down', he thought to himself. During this whole time, Mar had vanished going who knows where. Hiroaki tried to look around for him, but he knew he couldn't leave his team behind. 

The countdown for the match had finished, Hiroaki and Mar were to finally start the baseball match. Hiroaki used his clone technique to make himself from one individual to two. He then used the transformation technique to turn into the kid that was taken to the medical ninja while his clone was turned into the original coach. Mar had went off, sneaking into the other team's side doing who knows what to rig the game. The game commenced, and it ended with the little league team miraculously winning. Whatever Mar had done, caused the kid on the opposing team to choke when he only needed one more point for his team to tie. Mar went up to Hiroaki, tugging him away from the game. They rushed towards their next objective, Hiroaki only turning back into himself and his clone disappearing when out of eye sight. 'That was another mission down, time for the next one', he thought. 

Mar had held onto Hiroaki's hand rushing him towards the direction of the prison. He told Hiroaki that there wasn't enough time to do them both if they were to stick together. Hiroaki looked at the man puzzled as to why the man had his hands around him, dragging him along then. The suddenly let Hiroaki go to summon Nectar. Hiroaki could not connect the dots. 'Why on earth did he summon his bird at a time like this? How was Nectar going to be able to help u-', he thought. Hiroaki suddenly looked down to find that he was meters upon meters from the ground where he was supposed to be. 'Did this man really just toss me like a bean bag?', he thought to himself. He squirmed in mid-air trying to decide how he was going to land. 

Kicking his feet and arms, Hiroaki was in a panick unaware of how he was going to come down. Soon he found out that he was levitating off the ground. Looking up he saw that Nectar had gotten a hold on him, his beak clenching Hiroaki's overcoat, lifting him off the ground. Hiroaki was not happy with this midair flight, he crossed his arms. With time, the two of them had made way to the ground below. Nectar talked about how Mar was working him to the bone and Hiroaki snorted in response to this. "I feel like I'm doing most of the work around here at this point", said Hiroaki unaware of what Mar had been doing while he was away all those times. Hiroaki placed himself on the roof of the stable where the horses were kept in. With one arm on the roof, he slide his body down below to the ground. Hiroaki kept Nectar in his overcoat telling him to, "Hush, before I turn you into a nice filet". He went in and waited in the haystack. The man known as, Anonio Carlos, had a needle in one of the horses. 

Hiroaki threw a kunai at the needle, breaking it to pieces. The shards scattered below the man and the contents that were within it came pouring out. Anonio turned his head towards the direction the kunai had came from. Quickly, Hiroaki leapt from the haystack to out of the window from where he had came from. Hiroaki circled around to the other side of the stable, to the new window. From there, he saw Anonio peaking out of the window he had last existed. He shouted, "Come out! I know you are there! Don't mess with Anonio or you will be very sorry!". The man quickly grabbed a pitchfork and threw a bunch of hail over the glass, he then opened the door to look around. Hiroaki moved this time to the back of the barn, listening for any signs that the man was getting close. Anonio circled the whole stable as did Hiroaki staying slightly a head of him the whole time. Eventually the man gave up and went back into the stable.

Peering back inside from the side window, Hiroaki could see Anonio taking his frustration out on a horse in there. "Damn it. DAMN it. DAMN IT!", he went off. Anonio grabbed the kunai from the wall and pocketed it. Hiroaki knew he would get it back later from the man so he didn't worry at all. The man got another needle out, this time looking around as he tried to make quick work of injecting the horse.  This time Hiroaki used lightning arrow to blow the needle to bits, but Anonio was already aware of Hiroaki's position. Anonio rushed over to the window at full speed jumping half his body out of it. Hiroaki quickly ran to the left most window as Anonio's body was dangling out of the stable and he grabbed the kunai that was stolen from him. 
     Anonio feeling the tug at his pocket let his body drop back inside the stable. He checked for the kunai, but it was no longer there. He searched the rest of the stable looking for Hiroaki everywhere that he could. Hiroaki laid his back on a tree nearby the stable. He was exhausted from the amount of work he had been doing. Slowly his eyes began to shutter close, the light of the outside no longer being seen. His chest raised and descended as he slept. While he slept, Hiroaki dreamed. 

In the dream:

The sandals of a thousand men could be heard stomping on the road. Two armies aligned facing each other. Hiroaki was in the midst of the men armed in colors of blue while the others were armed in red. Hiroaki had a blade in each of his hands and one in his mouth. He screamed the cry of a man willing to risk it all on the moment. He charged alongside his brethren, sweat dripping off of his body. The front lines crashing into one another as he charged to join them in their battle.

By the time Hiroaki met the front lines, there was already a large amount of bodies that lay on the ground unmoving. Hiroaki stepped over some, onto others. He swung his blades, the metal clanking against one another. With each slash Hiroaki made at the foe, blood shot out at every which direction. His face was covered in it. Soon he looked down to see that he too was injured, covered in the swords of his enemies. Hiroaki bent down to one knee, the swords all inside his chest.

The images dispersed one by one until it was only Hiroaki left. He looked down at his hands that were covered in blood. He wondered how did he get there, why was he meant to do this, and what was the point. As he looked up, he saw nothing but the darkness surrounding him. He coughed up in a fit. With each cough more and more blood left his mouth until he started to suffocate.

A loud bang emanated across the area, waking Hiroaki up from his slumber. He patted himself to make sure he was still alive. Patting under his overcoat, he found that Nectar was no longer there. The bird must had desummoned while he was asleep. He wondered if that was due to the bird being done with him, or Mar being in a serious fight over at the prison. Hiroaki jumped to his feet without using his arms. He peeked over the side of the stable to see if anyone was there. The coast was clear for as long as he could see.

Hiroaki made his way to the bleachers where the crowd was all gathered. The race had begun and Anonio was currently in fifth place, gaining speed. Hiroaki shoved a woman to the side, making way for himself. “That asshole may still win”, he mumbled to himself. He was not worried that his contract might be at stake. “I just had to fall asleep”, he muttered. Hiroaki raised a fist to his mouth, biting both sides of it. He coughed as he made this gesture. Hiroaki hopped down the bleachers to the ground where there was a guard. Luck was on Hiroaki’s side it seems, as the guard was facing the opposite way from where he was. That was all it took for Hiroaki to transform himself into a mouse.

Scurrying along the pathway to where the horses were racing, Hiroaki thought up a plan that he could do. He only had to wait for the horses to come back around, they had just left the position he needed them in. Anonio was currently in third place, pressing ever onward with his goal of getting first. Hiroaki could not let that happen, it would make him seriously look bad on his part. He didn’t understand how Anonio could go that fast with his abused horse. It must be fast from being juiced in the past or Anonio had another expensive stimulant up his sleeve when Hiroaki was passed out sleeping. 

As one of the horses that Anonio was not on came by, mouse Hiroaki sent out a shock wave into its body. The electricity jolted the muscles in the horse, causing it to go faster than it previously was. It was a majestic black horse that road with the wind in it’s hair. It was in 2nd place and quickly made its way to 1st, being closely followed by Anonio. Anonio could not do a thing to get past the horse, even with the pace it had been going at. Hiroaki scurried back to the bushes and transformed back. When he left the bushes a guard spotted him and told him to stop. Hiroaki ran off before the guard could stop him. “I just had to take a quick leak, that’s all!”, he shouted. He ran his way back towards the prison where Mar had thrown him aloof.

On his way back to where Mar had thrown him, Hiroaki had gotten side tracked. He noticed an object that was unusually shiny in the window of a house. He climbed alongside of the building to peer inside the window. The shiny object happened to be a large vault, the majority of which was covered up with a blanket. Hiroaki could see a bunch of people inside with weapons of all sorts. He didn’t know how he was going to pull this one off, but he was more than willing to shoot his shot. Mar would be proud of him afterall. 

Hiroaki dropped back to the ground and transformed into a little kid. He knocked on the door and put on his best crying display he had to offer. A man opened the door and looked down at him. He then shut the door in Hiroaki’s face. Hiroaki knocked again and again, continuing to cry in front of them. The man opened the door again. “Beat it, kid. This is not the time or place to be here. I don’t know who you are, but go find your parents or don’t, just go home. You’re not my problem. Bye now”, he said. Hiroaki pushed against the door, stopping the man from fully closing it. “But Mister, my ball! It fell on the roof! Please get it for me! Please!”, begged Hiroaki. Noises could be heard from inside. “It’s just a kid, I’ll teach him a lesson”, the man said.

The man opened the door wide and attempted to kick Hiroaki. Hiroaki broke his transformation and withdrew his sword, cutting the man clean in the stomach. The man fell to the ground with a thud. The door opened in a hurry, people investigating to see what had happened. While they were in the front looking for him, he snuck to the back of the house through the window. Of course they wouldn’t leave the vault alone, but at least there were less people surrounding it at the moment. Hiroaki knew he had to act fast because that could change at any time. Hiroaki entered the room with the fault. There were two people covering the vault, a woman and a man. 

The man shouted, “Who let you in here!?”. He charged at Hiroaki who with a surge of electricity through him, moved out of the way just in the knick of time. From there Hiroaki jabbed his hilt into the face of the man knocking him to the floor behind him. The woman raised a kunai to him in an attempt to stop Hiroaki. While she jabbed at him he misdirected her to head towards the wall. Her kunai got stuck into the wall, being unable to get pulled out. Hiroaki looked at the vault. ‘Shoot, how am I supposed to open this thing’, he thought. He grabbed the woman by the back and put a blade to her neck. “Tell me the code, now.”, he said. She whimpered at him. “I-I don’t know it. You think they would tell me?”, she responded. Hiroaki looked at the man who got up from the floor, leaning on his knee. 

He stared down Hiroaki, remaining silent. Hiroaki drew blood from the woman, ever so slightly. He choked, “31, 26, 5”. That’s all that Hiroaki needed to hear as he threw the woman hard against the man. He unlocked the vault fast enough, but not fast enough to grab the goods. The man leaped at him with a sword coming down towards Hiroaki’s back. Hiroaki was able to turn just in time to deflect the blow. He kicked the man in the face as he reached out to shove whatever valuables he could into his shirt. With that, the rest of the people in the house started to enter the room. Before they could grab his shirt, Hiroaki jumped out of the window there and rushed off.

He shouted in delight as he couldn’t believe the heist he had just pulled by himself. He stopped behind the treeline for a second to catch his breath. He took off his overcoat and wrapped the goods in it. He then tied this along his back making a makeshift backpack. Mar and him were going to be filthy rich by the end of this journey. Now all he had to do was make it back to the prison. Hiroaki bolted, excited to meet back with Mar, hoping he was okay. He was ready to have that feast of his.

Hiroaki met up with Mar, placing his makeshift backpack down for Mar to see it. The valuables inside glittered like the sun. Mar seemed to have done all his end of the missions. He couldn’t believe that they both were able to pull off these hefty missions in such a short expanse of time. Mar told Hiroaki that they were both filthy rich now. Those were the words that Hiroaki didn’t mind hearing on repeat. “I’m down to get that drink. Let’s go celebrate! Here hold this bag as well”, he said. Hiroaki handed Mar the bag for him to take care of.

The two of them headed off to go buy some Sake. Everytime Mar had pointed to a bottle in the store, Hiroaki pointed to a bigger one. The two poured themselves a cup and shared the alcohol. The Sake went smoothly down Hiroaki’s throat. There was nothing better than sharing a cup of Sake with those you work with. It was a sign of the utmost respect in some cultures and that was a culture that Hiroaki followed. Although he wouldn’t say he didn’t drink Sake with just anyone he would say that he didn’t glug Sake the way he was with just anyone. 

Hiroaki would ask Mar of his end of the missions. “How was the prison break?”, he asked. He wanted to know every point of their adventure for future storytelling purposes. He enjoyed telling and hearing stories along his travels. It was a good way to pass time when there was nothing else to do. That’s how his habit of doing it came into fruition. There were always new mercenaries to work alongside of when there were always new contracts being made. Hiroaki in return would tell his side of things to Mar.

Mar would ask him how he thought of the taste of the missing life was like. Hiroaki would respond, “As thrillful as ever”. He had been living his life as a missing-nin for quite some time now. It was enjoyable as long as you never got caught and so far Hiroaki has not been caught. Well, caught and captured at least. There have been times when Hiroaki was in a bind with the law, but he escaped all of those past situations. He went with Mar outside to a fountain that was there. He sat on the edge of the fountain, watching the water spraying into the air.

Hiroaki told Mar about how he was glad he was able to experience so much alongside him. “You’re a good partner to have on the field”, said Hiroaki. He watched a kid walk by, flipping a coin into the fountain. “Say, we should get one of these for the Chunin. It would make the place a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Not that it looks bad the way it is now. Also, I got that--”, Hiroaki paused to cough, “-- I got that secret chili recipe. I bet Akihana will be super jealous that my chili will be better than hers.” He laughed at that. 

Taking out his notepad, Hiroaki looked at his notes. He went back to his list of armor and weapons that he had listed out. “Anything else do you think I’ll need, Mar?”, he asked. Hiroaki would show him the list he had drafted up. Hiroaki remembered what Mar had said about the explosive tags being useful, yet expensive. He was rich now so he could at that to the list. It was always better safe than sorry to have those kinds of tools in his arsenal. Hiroaki added that to the list. 

Looking up at the clouds, Hiroaki zoomed out of existence. He just stared up into the air for a time before phasing back into reality. He put his notepad away. He hadn’t a clue of what else to put. Whatever, Mar had suggested he had added plus the explosive tags and that was it for as far as he knew. He scooped up a coin that rested in the fountain and flipped it in the air a couple of times. “You think I’ll still get my wish on a used up coin?”, he asked. It didn’t matter what Mar would think on the matter. Hiroaki would flip the coin into the fountain. 

He had wished that he could stay with Akihana, Seiichi, Eliwood, and Mar for as long as possible. He wouldn’t to get deeper in their crew and prove his worth. Most of the time, crews were narrow minded and only thought of doing stuff within the street they lived on, but this crew seemed to be more than that. They didn’t limit themselves to one thing, they explored for the heck of it, getting rich for fun, and eating for delight. It was the lifestyle Hiroaki had been looking for. "Hey, Mar. Be honest with me. Do you ever get lonely?", he asked.

It was dark out by this time. Hiroaki was completely and utterly wasted from the amount of alcohol he had indulged himself in. He hiccuped between his coughs, it was that bad. He was sitting at the edge of the fountain until he fell into it. A big splash could be seen spraying from the outside. He flopped around until he was able to push himself back up. His words slurred and eventually he just collapsed staring at the stars. “I-I w-wish I coualb be oop t-thar”, he slur-coughed. 

Assuming Mar would lift Hiroaki up and take him back home, he would let him. Along the way, Hiroaki would comment about every little detail. He would then ask Mar, “I-Ish Akiki shigal?” If Mar were to ask him if he were serious, he would not be able to answer because he would not be able to recall what he had said to him. A lot of times on their way back, Hiroaki would stumble and fall to the ground. It would get to the point where it would be better off if Mar picked him up to take him back.

If Mar did not take Hiroaki back with him, he would fall asleep on the ground laying there in a star shape. He would snore deeply, from his chest, drawing attention from nearby people. He would most likely be that way until morning. This was assuming that the people in the store they were outside of did not pour a bucket of water on his head, which they most likely would. In that case, Hiroaki would stumble his way back to the Chunin. He would look for the nearest pile of leaves outside of the establishment or a table inside to crash on.

(WC: 7,501 | TWC: 9,556)
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 pm
Mar groaned at the mention of the prison break, laughing sourly as he held his hands up. "You woulden't believe me if I told you, but ok. So I first came there and tried kicking down the doors, got shot with arrows by about a hundred people. Hop up on a ballista bolt this big." He points to a large flagpole nearby. "Flip another ballista upside down, shoot myself to the highest floor. Find the warden getting busy in her room. She tells me where my patsy us, about 9 floors underground. At this point, I want him out now. They had a battalion of people stabbing me, throwing trash, calling me rude names. When I went down to the base and pulled the whole building up. Wanting even more speed, I use a couple clones to rig up their drawbridge like this crazy pully. We all pull off the most ridiculous manuever you've ever seen, rip the whole dungeon from the earth with this nine story tower ontop of it. And I rush out of there with the guy before the last brick hits the ground."

He scratches his head. "I've never been so tired and freaked out in my life. I was sure any second some ninja would come out and bake me with something strong enough to actually hurt. But it never happened... Real sorry about leaving the Jocky and the darn robbery in your hands. But it looks like you performed remarkably well under the pressure. I'm happy to say I'd trust you at my side on any mission." 'Which is more than I can say for Seiichi.' He thought in the back of his mind.

"Any wish can come true, if you believe in it. And understand how complicated the path may be. If you think the wish starts in this fountain, than even the rustiest coin will do." Mar took out a coin himself, performing the same ritual as he saw his younger accomplice do it. 'May you be a splendid man, and outlive me.' He asked the heavens. Putting his hands in his pockets, he replied to his protege's question. "Every day of my life Hiroaki." He tried to keep his point simple, and direct. "My parents were worked half to death like slaves in a town we couldn't ever leave as a family. So they sent me crawling out of a tiny tunnel when I was nine years old. Sometimes, it feels like I'm the only one in the world with a good head on my shoulders. Trust is so hard to find..."

He tapped the kid on the back, now offering him a canteen of water. "You'll feel better tomorrow if you drink this. Driiiink, this." He made clear with pantomime. When the boy needed assistance he tried to give him a piggy back. Holding him like he was a delicate porcaline doll. "Well she's never mentioned a boy to me before. Currently I'm halvsies between asking her out or Nectar." His eyes fluttered, what the hell just came out of his mouth? Maby he could get drunk after all. "Yer lucky I picked up this hangover cure jutsu, it'll probably save your life tomorrow."
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:16 am
10,321 Words. +25 Trained AP. + 37 Mission AP +20,000 Ryo.  Hangover Cure (188) Ventrilaquism (188) Five Seal Barrier (750) Mark Tracking Jutsu (750)  Water Sealing (375) Mark Seal (188)  Snatch Steal (375)   Leaf Style, Willow (375)  Chakra Clense (188) Temporary Paralasis Technique (375) Spider Web Flower (750) Reverse Beheading (750)  Chakra Infusion (1500) Wind Release, Chakra Blade (750)

Last edited by Mar Byrd on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hiroaki Gekko
Hiroaki Gekko
Citizen

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 am
Claiming:
23 stats (9556/400=23; will go into the appropriate chak/speed/str for jutsus)
Missions and the 37 mission AP +20,000 Ryo from them
Shadow Clone Jutsu  (1500 WC req)  1/2 off from learning from Mar turning it to 750 req.
Hiding with Camouflage Technique  (1,500 WC req)
Deflect (1000 WC req)
Parry Technique (1000 WC req)
Cloud Style: Crescent Moon Beheading (1000 WC req)
Cloud Style: Reverse Beheading (1000 WC req)
Kenjutsu: Quickdraw (1000 WC req)
Manipulating Attack Blades (1000 WC req)
Hidden Mist Technique (500 WC req)
Water Replacement (500 WC req)
Puppet Art: Ventriloquism (250 WC req)
(9500/9556 used)
Balthazar
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm
Approved at Hiroaki. 

Mar... you cannot learn jutsu above C rank in a spec you don't have. Looking at your page, I'm not seeing med or gen anywhere. Let's change your claims.
Balthazar
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm
Approved at Mar.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum