Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Damon
Damon
Citizen
Stat Page : The Tengu
Genjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 44150

A Warm Sky [Yurei] Empty A Warm Sky [Yurei]

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm
A multitude of clouds moved lazily from the north to the south, right to left from where the Uchiha was sitting. His right leg hung over the edge while the other was bent with his foot resting on the edge, his bent knee nearly reaching his shoulder. His left arm rested atop of his knee, his right arm crossed on top of it which supported his chin. Looking outwards towards the sunset, he sat on the apex of the roof of this temporary home, which had developed into a habit that he had picked up in his former home. Or rather, his former village. It never quite felt like home to the boy, his earlier experiences full of wishful thinking in a village that wanted to quell his spirit and aspirations, his later experiences filled with plots and schemes against him, the village hierarchy itself seeming to have it out for him. It was hard to believe such a place was that corrupt.

The spot over his arm that the Hoshigakure headband had always rested on felt exposed now that he no longer wore it. Instead, he currently held it in his hands, the shining metal reflecting the rays of the setting sun. The orange sky seemed to be heading towards a red night, the moon rising in the east over the coast, where another battle was taking place. Battles raged on across this world and instead of fighting in them and rising to glory, Damon had run from the village that trained him. The village that hardened his heart and reduced his desires to nothing. The place that sapped his will to continue onwards, his dream now a distant memory.

All dreams must disappear when the dreamer wakes.

It had been days since they had originally arrived, Damon doing nothing in the meantime. Settling in felt foreign, as the boy could not shake the sense that he did not belong. This village was not for him, and it was probable that no village would be able to contain him. Not anymore. Rather, the boy began to think of wandering. He felt as though his soul belonged nowhere, his only logical course of action to wander himself. He had no sins to atone for, he was merely a victim of the sins of others. But those sins plagued him, following him like a curse. One which had no cure, the memories haunting him at night in his dreams. It is said that it is always difficult to sleep in a foreign place for the first time, but this persisted. The Uchiha had yet to get a good night’s sleep, as shown through the bags under his gazing eyes. Each night, he awoke in a sweat, gasping for air. It was something he was dealing with alone, as he did not want to bother Yurei or his hosts. He said little during their arrival and had done even less since. At the very least, he should try to meet other Kumo shinobi, but felt no drive to. They would just be more people for him to get attached to before they died. He was slightly thankful that aside from that day, he had not seen the Hyuuga nor even met the other owner of this house. The absence of the latter had become noticed by the village in which he resided; the absence of this larger than life persona had become apparent, nobody quite knowing where he was or those that did not sharing with his fans and supporters.

Damon smirked to himself slightly. Hoshi probably had yet to notice the departure of the Uchihas, and here some jounin was being missed by the entire village. A fame that the old him envied. A life he was unsure if he wanted anymore. Yet it remained the last dream he had, one that he had talked to at lengths with his pseudo father, who was hesitant he even begin to learn the shinobi arts. The man who now rested six feet under a corrupt village. A tear fell from the corner of his right eye, falling off of the roof and landing atop the grass below.

“I’m sorry for leaving you behind, Dad.”

The man had not even been related to him and yet he had cared for Damon as if the boy was his own son. But Damon’s true parents had not been a part of his life since he was a child. Instead, they had lived in-

"Konoha."

This came out as a whisper to the boy, his eyes still set on the horizon. “Are you two still alive? Are you seeing the same sky that I am?” His head joined his eyes in the clouds, his mind wandering with the possibility that he might have some family left in this cruel world.

WC: 812

Last edited by Damon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Oni
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Ryo : 0

A Warm Sky [Yurei] Empty Re: A Warm Sky [Yurei]

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:48 pm
The sun was mesmerizing in Kumogakure. The air, though difficult to breathe, was cooler, allowing him to, for once in his life, appreciate its setting. Hoshigakure had been grueling in many ways. Temperature was no exception. It made sense, the Uchiha thought, for Damon to lose himself here. It was peaceful, beautiful even. For a moment, the shinobi forgot all about what the village harbored around its walls. It was unthinkable - the contrast of this place. The natural beauty of Kumogakure was wasted. Youka was more of a scar than anything else. One that seemed incapable of recovery.

The Uchiha’s white eyes fell from the sunset, falling on Damon. Yurei’s wooden sandals clasped against the gravel sifted atop the roof, making his presence known. “Maybe you should go. To Konoha” the Uchiha said, slowly making his way to Damon. He moved as if a faint reflection, stiff and unmalleable. The soft crunch of the gravel underneath his feet was slightly muffled under his kimono, the red robe draping over his shoes. His long hair toiled in the breeze, shifting the long mess from his eyes as he positioned himself beside Damon, hanging his legs over the edge of the room, his skeletal hands resting on his knees. He did not face Damon, but instead stared out at the horizon. Clouds stretched across the rocky earth, like a thin fog over the landscape hundreds of miles away.

Yurei swallowed, resting his eyes for only a moment before speaking again. His face turned to Damon’s, orange light radiating off of him. “I came here to see the world. All of its horrors,” Yurei confessed, taking a deep breath. Concern colored his face, a narrowing of the brow onto his silvery eyes. He sighed, lowering his head. “I’ve always had you at my side, Damon. I can’t thank you enough for that. But this place is for me. To gain the perspective I want before I start spewing on about how the world should change. This doesn’t have to be your life, Damon,” he said, turning to face the setting sun once more.

“I gave you your escape. And I’ve had your friendship for years, closer than anyone I’ve ever known. But maybe it’s time you paved your own path again…” Yurei’s voice was distant, somber. “But if you do, I won’t be able to go with you this time. For now, I need to be here. But I shouldn’t stop you from your own goals.”

The Uchiha paused, narrowing his thin eyes. Chakra fled into them, his tomoe erupting from his pupil and then shifting: his Mangekyou Sharingan. These eyes had seen so much tragedy, so much injustice. That had been what created them. For each of the brothers. But maybe, for now, it was best for Damon to see hope.

WC: 469

MS 5/120

Last edited by Yurei on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damon
Damon
Citizen

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 am
Damon could not help but smirk when he heard his brother approaching. Though not bound by blood, the two were bound by fate. By a cruel life that had torn everything from them. The boy did not bother to make any grand acknowledgment of his brother’s presence, instead choosing to speak aloud, as opposed to at him directly looking at his face and speaking. “It might be too soon for a trip such as that. Not all of us can teleport at a whim,” he said with his voice on the second sentence emphasized in a teasing manner. The two shared a comfortable relationship, one in which they felt at complete ease with each other. Being the only person the other had been able to trust certainly helped with that development. Damon continued watching the clouds roll lazily in the sky above while Yurei turned to face him, the gaze from his eyes feeling like an imaginary force piercing his soul.

He did not speak in response, even as Yurei turned away, back towards the sun. No, instead Damon gave off a laugh. Not a mild chuckle, nothing small. A genuine, heartfelt laugh, formerly a foreign concept. He wiped away a tear from his eye, whether it remained over his thoughts of his late father or the intensity of the laughter was up to anyone’s interpretation. This time, he turned towards Yurei. “You honestly think I could ever abandon you? At the very least, before you found yourself and rediscovered your own purpose in life? I’ll be ready to go to Konoha someday, but I don’t know how soon it will be.” The boy exhaled heavily through his nose, cracking a smile as he did so, his face turning back towards the horizon. “My old dream was a selfish one. I desired fame and glory, without ever thinking of the burden that came with them. I held the childish notion that all I would receive was love, when I should have been expecting hatred as well. Arguably, more than any love I could ever receive.” As he said this, his grip on the Hoshigakure headband grew tighter, causing it to shift ever so slightly to reflect the sun in his eyes. Damn light and its blinding properties.

His eyes attempted to dodge the sunlight and ended up drifting towards the rot fields of Kumogakure, the ever distant moaning of people who deserve rest wailing in the distance, causing his smile to falter ever so slightly. “I bet this village knows a lot about hatred, perhaps even greater than we do. I haven’t encountered anyone besides the girl you transported us to and the jounin that accompanied her, but they… They seemed different than the land in which they live. They both seemed much more pure than the horrors over there,” he said nodding his head towards the fields. An orange light was cast on them as the sun disappeared halfway beyond the horizon. The shadows of the pikes stretched across the ground, various bulges within the shadows serving as a disturbing reminder of the heads and bodies which resided on them still. “Do you suppose this village has any hope of restoring itself? With such a terrible reputation, will they ever be able to rise beyond that again?”

WC: 1375
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm
Yurei smirked at the remark. It look little to humor him, at least right now. “The technique is called Kamui. I can’t really explain it, but it was almost natural. The other night was the first time I’d used it. After Nayami and Matsuro, it just seemed to... it was instinctual.” Yurei’s voice was broken, like he was out of focus - distracted. Sleep called to him, but he found himself unable to surrender himself to it. It was almost like there was a fog in his head, a murky darkness that clouded and dulled his senses. It was difficult to fight through, the migraines starting to set it. He briefly rose his thin hand to his eyes, messaging them as the chakra pumped through his silvery orbs. The pain was starting to set it, but Yurei could ignore it. It was slow, gradual.

His eyes adjusted, reflecting the orange sky within them. Losing himself in the warmth of the setting sun, Yurei’s attention was called back to Damon, who now seemed to be laughing. The porcelain Uchiha’s eyes narrowed, his brow casually furrowing with a smirk adorned across his alabaster face. Damon continued, wiping a tear from his eye. He looked at Yurei and Yurei him, speaking. He was almost mocking in his tone, but perhaps it was justified. The Uchiha hadn’t known Damon’s dedication was so… unshakable. The thought was bittersweet. So often, time and time again, Yurei found others undeserving of such a loyalty. This was more than that, however. This was family, not some arbitrary ranking within a corrupt village. Each had earned the other’s trust.

Damon went on, explaining his thoughts on his dream with a soft smile fitted on his face. Yurei, seemingly, was the opposite, losing his smile and instead sporting a neutral sadness - something cold and distant, almost lost. Damon was right. His goal was childish. But losing that desire? To have your name known throughout the world? It was like something died inside him. No, something did pass. Yurei saw it in his eyes, his voice. He witnessed it in how Damon carried himself, like something was weighing him down. His confident, sure nature had been crumbled. Yurei felt a tight knot in his stomach, a hot tension that ran throughout his chest and clawed at his throat, like a screaming begging to come out. Instead, he sighed, the anger subsiding. This was reality. Children grew up like these two Uchiha. Or they died like Akio.

Yurei briefly pursed his lips, swallowing. “I’m sorry, Damon,” he said relaxing his hands on his legs, each hanging over the edge of the building. “I wanted us both to see our dreams to the end.”

The subject shifted, the sun’s orange light casting over the rot fields surrounding the village. Its beautiful rays were somehow lost, however, as if a void surrounded the village - as if light was not allowed to exist there. It shifted, like the earth was moving around them, but in reality the surrounding soil was made up of corpses and the like, moving about in a state of horrible sleep, festering with time. Yurei found himself almost lost in it. It was disgusting. A tenebrous wound in a stark contrast to everything else in the village - a scar left behind by the Raikage.

Damon spoke up once more, referring to the hatred in Kumogakure. The pair were more than familiar with the emotion, but Yurei didn’t see as much here. “The villagers here don’t hate their shinobi. They adore them, even when you would think that they deserve more contempt than us. I asked that when I first met Komon - to see if what I wanted for the Hidden Star Village was possible.” Yurei smirked, almost chuckling to himself as his eyes wandered across the village’s borders. “A village like this,” he muttered, dismissively gesturing to the surrounding forests. “From what I can tell, Komon and Saya are good people. The Rot’s the Raikage’s doing. Not theirs.”

Yurei found himself wondering the same thing as Damon. Kumogakure was marred by a reputation of blood and abomination. The surrounding area was riddled with what appeared to be a plague, like hell had closed in on its gates. “I hope they can. If they even want to. But for now, I don’t want to intervene. I want to see what they will do on their own. I want to be an observer. I want to see if these people deserve the power they were given when it so often isn't.”

The Uchiha swallowed, taking a deep breath. Hope was waning from him. And with every resolution, it seemed another problem turned up. But with failure spitting in his face time and time again, he needed perspective - to see the world and take it all in. That was the only way he could fix it.

After that, perhaps he'd need to be the push.

WC: 1284

MS: [6/120]
Damon
Damon
Citizen

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 pm
Yurei had a knack of being able to see through the dark haired boy, with or without any dojutsu. While Damon might have been speaking with a loose grin worn on his face, the expression was a mask, concealing the true nature of his feelings on the matter. “I’m sorry, Damon. I wanted us both to see our dreams to the end.”

Another grin appeared, masking the reality of their situation. “You don’t need to apologize. It was never your fault to begin with. If anything, that blame belongs to this world that allows people to act as those above us did.” He lifted the Hoshigakure headband, diverting the reflecting sunlight from hitting his face. “The failure of the Hoshigakure hierarchy only reminds me of the way a child looks at their parent. There’s this belief that these people, the ones who are responsible for raising you, can do no wrong. But over time, you discover there are limitations to what they can do. They can’t always keep you safe.” Akio. “They make mistakes.” The smell of bleach. “They can’t always take the path that’s right.” The refusal to tell his friends and family. “There’s a horror in that. Each moment steals away your childhood innocence, replacing it with an understanding of the world that only comes with pain and disappointment.”

“That’s the real tragedy here.” Innocence lost.

Now his gaze fell to the rot fields below, his mind processing what Yurei was stating with such understanding. Perhaps. Perhaps Damon did need to get out more. If only for the sake of understanding the inhabitants of this village. If only to meet the name of the most famous shinobi here and see whether the man truly deserves the fame he receives from his home. Whether he appreciated it or took it for granted. For now, Damon cared not for who knew his name. He was only a specter living among them. Another face in the crowd.

“The Raikage hasn’t done much since we’ve been here.” He arched an eyebrow at Yurei, “If he even knows we’re here. I suppose those friends of yours kept their word, after all.” This was not meant as a shot at them, rather, the boy said this with a tone that conveyed a pleasant surprise. But there was another meaning behind it. In the days that the two had been within the village, he could not cite a single instance where the Raikage had made any form of public appearance. The man who appeared to be the center of attention for Kumogakure appeared to be outside of it as well, the village giving off a sense of stagnation as a result. Without two key figures, the Cloud seemed to be in good enough condition, but lacked any excitement or adventure within its walls. “I wonder if more Cloud shinobi are like them.” He set the headband down on the rooftop between him and Yurei, moving his arms to support him as he leaned back, his legs remaining in their comfortable position. “And if they are, maybe I should bother to meet some.”

WC: 1928
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm
Yurei nodded to himself, agreeing with what Damon had said. The politics of Hoshigakure were twisted and bent out of shape. Plainly, it was correct, seating those with power at the top rather than those with credible leadership or the empathy needed of a leader. Yurei desperately wanted to learn to become one, someone who could lead the charge and inspire others with his words, speak with a voice that kindled the fire within his shinobi. Perhaps such a lesson could be learned here, if not Hoshigakure. Leadership wasn’t solely a skill from birth. It needed to be honed.

The pale Uchiha’s skeletal hand rose to his lips and chin, loosely gripping it in thought, his eyes reflecting the fading light. “I agree,” he said simply, briefly closing his eyes, the Mangekyou Sharingan beginning to strain him. “Few people deserve loyalty from what I’ve seen. Valen Akari said something to me after our match in the tournament - that he was simply following orders,” Yurei said, a sharp and dismissive tone rolling about in his words. His volume spiked and faded in a subtle mockery. “There something I’ve noticed about the world. You may have as well. But, no matter how hard I try, I can’t shake it. Chakra, power, is given away by chance. There wasn’t a test for either of us, some rite of passage. You’re often either born with it or not. Even taijutsu and kenjutsu users are born with a similar circumstance. It’s a fundamental flaw with the world we live in.”

Yurei paused, narrowing his eyes as he looked once more to the rot. He took a breath, continuing through conserved teeth. “There aren’t many people who deserve chakra, I think. Kyousuke least of them. Akari, his puppet. Even Akio. I loved him like a brother, but he was reckless. Scared, sure. And he never should have ended up like he did, but that power shouldn’t have been his to begin with. And if it hadn’t, he’d probably still be alive,” Yurei explained, a solemn expression taking his face. “I’ve thought that for a long time now. I just haven’t been able to say it, but I believe it, now. I wanted to come here for a lot of reasons, but that is one of them - to see who deserves to have chakra,” The Uchiha muttered, briefly resting his eyes. He clenched his teeth for a moment, curling his lips. His spoke with such harshness, a dry, cold voice, “Blind loyalty. Greed. Malice. There are qualities a ninja should not have. And maybe those with such qualities should have the power they were freely given taken away. This Shinobi World of ours hands power to children. If I want to fix it,” he said, pausing. Yurei opened his eyes, turning to Damon. “That needs to change.”

He swallowed, pressing his lips to his teeth as he turned to face the sun. The conversation took a halt for a moment, before Damon changed the subject regarding the Raikage. “I trust them well enough. Not wholly, but enough,” he said flexing his brow into an arch. His eyes began to ache, like a soft, but gradual burning - the signs of an early migraine. He strained, staring outward intently. There was only one way to get used to it. “You should,” Yurei continued, nodding. “There’s no sense in only talking to me,” he remarked, giving a faint smile as he looked to Damon. The shinobi sighed, lowering his reddening eyes to his hands. He said nothing for a moment, thinking on what he wanted to say. “I know you’re scared, Damon,” he said, swallowing. He took a deep breath, continuing with a thin lips. “I am, too - getting attached. But in the end, they make you stronger.”

His eyes fell to Damon’s headband, staring at it for a moment as the sun’s fading light seeped from it. “Either by forming them.” He reached for his side, drawing a kunai, clasping it so that the pommel met with his thumb. He held out his hand, offering it to his brother. “Or severing them.”

WC: 1967

MS: [7/120]
Damon
Damon
Citizen

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 pm
“Few people deserve loyalty from what I’ve seen. Valen Akari said something to me after our match in the tournament - that he was simply following orders.”

Damon slid in his thought on the matter between Yurei’s speech. “Those who follow an order without question are just as guilty as the ones who give the order. As far as I’m concerned, he’s as guilty as Kenshin.” This was arguably more wounding to Damon, as the two had been friends at one point. Before he turned his back on him. “There’s an old saying. ‘Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely’,” Damon said half heartedly. “Kyou doesn’t deserve the position of a kage. Neither does Valen.”

“This Shinobi World of ours hands power to children.”

“Trust me, I know.” Damon said, almost laughing as he said so. “That Yuki boy in the exams. Kotetsu. He had all this power at his fingertips but he couldn’t control it and he killed the wolf Akio. A child with the power to kill a giant.”

---

Damon shook his head lightly at Yurei’s response. “For reasons I hope are obvious, I might have developed some trust issues,” he said lightheartedly. “I suppose I’ll have to wander the village a bit, after all.” Damon looked down to see the bandage wrapped handle of a kunai. He gave a slight smirk, grabbing his headband tighter. Reaching out with his free hand, he grabbed the hilt of the weapon. “We just have to find the ones worth keeping.” With that, the Uchiha placed the headband firmly on his leg, slicing the point of the kunai through the emblem of the star across the headband. “No going back.” He signed the handseals for storage displacement, the headband dispersing in a stream of particles into the late night sky. The sun had dipped below the horizon, the moon rising behind the two brothers. The pair sat under the stars, no longer hidden within them.
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 pm
Yurei’s eyes narrowed, and the faint, pale glow of the moon painted a reflection of the village within them. Its soft glow silhouetted Yurei, shrouding him in a darkness outlined in a thin white. It was quiet, the air softly humming with the sounds of life and the hushed murmur of the Rot far from where the two sat.  The Uchiha offered no comment on Damon’s interjections, only listened and continued, nodding his head tenderly in the shadow.

He swallowed, the grip in his hands tightening. “Kotetsu,” he murmured to himself, his nod strengthening. He stopped, releasing the sweltering air stirring within his lungs. “I see,” he said, simply, his teeth clenched. The Uchiha pursed his lips, relaxing himself slowly. He briefly closed his eyes, turning to his brother. His lips parted, cold pouring from his mouth. “Maybe we should strip that power away, then. And prevent it from ever reaching that level.” His glance shifted, falling to the rot fields laid out before him.

Yurei asked himself how. Part of him feared the answer. The other relished in it. Those who could not become shinobi in the way he wanted, in the way they had to be, could not practice chakra. And those who had failed and could not change?

They’d share the same fate as Akio. By his hand or another’s. This could go on no longer.

“No going back,” he repeated, expressionless. Yurei smiled, briefly glancing from the headband to the stars. His lengthened arms stretched behind his friend, his brother, grasping the shoulder closest to him.

“I grew up thinking I could save the world with Genjutsu,” Yurei chimed, smilingly lightly. “I thought I could make everyone understand one another’s heart. I was naive. It was the dream of a child, one I’m sorry I made you subscribe to.” His expression hardened. “But Damon,” he said, his glare chilling the air around them, his eyes meeting the festering scar left by the Raikage. “This is a dream I promise I will make reality. Kotetsu. Valen. Kenshin. Kyousuke. The Raikage. None of them deserve the power they have. This world has gone on with impunity long enough.” Yurei retracted his hand, turning to face his brother directly. “I need your help to do this, brother. To fix it.”

“Starting with Kumogakure.”

WC: 2342

MS: 8/120
Damon
Damon
Citizen

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:01 pm
“Seems a bit backhanded to drastically alter this land which took us in, don’t you think?” That much was true. The two were foreigners in this land, a land that had not yet turned against them. Damon was still unsure; having not met anyone in the village yet. “We should at least meet the people of the village before determining their worth, no?” His eyes looked towards Yurei. “Before we play God and decide who's allowed to become strong.”

His smile faltered. “We have to be careful of our ideals, Yurei. What makes you, or even myself, worthy to determine the outcome of people’s lives. What happens when we go too far. When we use chakra to disrupt lives in a way WE deem fitting. How far until we become what we swear to destroy?”

Damon had yet to abandon Yurei. The two were almost inseparable back in the Star, and even more so since they had fled. For now, they were the only two that each other trusted, an elitist viewpoint. If they begin to think of themselves as better than everyone around them, viewing everyone else as inferior, how long until they lose site of their goal and begin abusing their power?

Genjutsu was a rather passive manner to change minds, but it was still changing who people were. How much can someone change before they’re no longer themselves?

“It’s like I said before,” he spoke once more, turning back to gaze upon the moon. “Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. How do we stop ourselves from being corrupted like they were?”
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 pm
Yurei politely sat in silence, allowing Damon to finish before parting his lips in voice. “You’re mistaken, there, Damon,” he calmly chuckled, briefly raising his fingers to his lips. “As I said, for now I want to observe. I want to take anything and everything in - to gain perspective on the world around us.” He took a deep breath, brushing his long, spiked hair from his face. “Make no mistake, I want this village to succeed. If reformation is even something they are considering. If not, then we’ll be a light push in the right direction, hm?”

The Uchiha’s face twitched slightly, the strain of his eyes beginning to take root, even without the use of any Mangekyou abilities. His glowing orbs shifted to Damon, thinned by his eyelids as he peered out in the moonlight. “What I’m proposing is an end goal. For the villages that won’t change. The people who won’t change. Everything I learn about this world will be to justify that goal - a purge of sorts.” The albino chuckled to himself, removing his fingers from his lips. “A purge,” he repeated, almost laughing. He sighed, continuing with a swallow, “In a way, this is an experiment. To gather the evidence I need for my ‘hypothesis.’” Yurei shifted in his seat, facing Damon directly. “I don’t have all the answers now, but when it comes to that, be it in Kumogakure or somewhere else, I promise you we’ll know how far we need to go. And how to prevent ourselves from becoming what we hate.”

Yurei sighed, grasping his eyes and the breath left his lungs. He clenched his teeth, taking and releasing a sharp torrent of air through ivory. “Enough of that, huh?” he suggested, tightening his lips has he removed his hands from his eyes. “I’ve had my fill of revolution talk for now.” For a moment, the Uchiha did not speak. He stared into the blackness of his palm, slowly releasing his grip as a warm liquid fell from his hand. These eyes did not become stronger with use. Rather, it was the opposite. The pain did not dull over time. It intensified. “So,” Yurei tried to get out, swallowing as his neck tensed. He removed his hand, and, with the flick of a wrist, splattered the small amount blood to the side, deactivating the doujutsu. “We have a new world to explore, Damon. What are you going to do in this little village?”

WC: 2754

MS: [9/120]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum