Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P) Empty A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P)

Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 am
It was late in the afternoon as the young Chuunin known as Maximillian Yamaguchi made his way down the streets of the Hidden Cloud village, a dark cloud seemingly forming over his low hanging head. While he had the longest of anyone to adjust to everything, it all still felt so off. His creation of Napa had managed to quell some of the storms that raged in his head, he still had what felt like an enormous amount of things on his mind. It was hard for him to admit that something was beyond him, but that acceptance was the first step towards a healthier mindset in this all.

Napa was always present, whispering as he always had in the ear of Max. He whispered things – dark things – to the boy. Things that would make the boy stronger, things that fueled his rage and hatred and caused him to desire to “correct” the mistakes made by those the clone convinced him had wronged the youth in some way. His journey would be a long one, and it would likely take some turns down some dark alleys before it was over. Would such a journey kill the young boy, though? Was he destined to burn brightly before his early death? No, he wouldn’t allow death to ruin his destiny. He had dealt with enough death to last many lifetimes. His family, his village, and even Senshi. No longer will he accept such failure of life. Life will flourish with him around, whether it desires to or not.

Max would continue to make his way down the road, passing the old ruins of his family home. Was it even fair to say that it was ever truly his home? The Yamaguchi Clan household only held him for half of his life, and of that half he could only remember a little bit of it. He couldn’t even remember his mother or fathers face anymore. That realization broke the boys little heart every time that he thought about it. He WAS the Yamaguchi clan now it seemed, and he could barely pass down much. He had the scroll containing much of the clan knowledge, but what else could he give to his progeny? He knew almost nothing about who he was aside from his clan’s natural skill and affinity towards puppetry, and their courage in the face of any challenge. Was that enough to really say that the clan was still alive? He would look back at the ruin, hoping that his family was in a better place now.

“Max, you know that you still have much to learn… why do you not seek the information at the source? You know where Mortarion is at… why don’t you just pluck the knowledge from his mind? Your skill and ability would likely improve a great deal, and then once you have picked his brain clean he will have outlived his time on this earth. He will have nothing left to offer this world, and you can step up and claim your destiny.” The telepathic voice in his head would seem to urge Max to do this, seeking vengeance for all of the wrongs that the vile man had committed. Max was usually pretty good at keeping Napa’s influence on him to a minimum (at least to his knowledge), but this time was different. Napa’s words rung true in his mind, and he couldn’t fight them currently.

“You are right, Napa. Let us see what our leader knows. Perhaps his knowledge will prove to be the catalyst I need to achieve greatness.” Max would reply telepathically to his clone.

Max would make his way to the Kage’s building, attempting to find his way to the room that housed Mortarion the last time he was here. There was much to learn from his Lord. He wouldn't bother much with normal procedure, as he had no desire to wait, nor had he intended on being turned away easily. He had no intention on being turned away by some assistant at a desk. Perhaps if he was lucky he would encounter Commander Maku, but considering the mans relative absence as of late, Max found such an event to be unlikely. 

WC: 702
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 33973

A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P) Empty Re: A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P)

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 am
To a huge surprise, at the moment Kyson had finished all of his work early. Which left him with nothing to do for the rest of the day. Guess it was just a slow day for the young Hozuki. As he sat back in his chair looking at all the work completed before him. Stacks of papers neatly piled, folders organized together. Everything was in order. Kyson would then look towards his assistant. "Aye Shrimp, take these papers to the other room. Since they all been filled out." He said.

"Y-Yes sir." He nodded as he grabbed a stack of papers that were about a foot high. He quickly grabbed them and walked out of the room to deliver them to their destination. As he walked out and began to head left down the hallway. He saw a young boy roaming the place. It looked like he was heading somewhere, but Shrimp didn't recognize him. So he couldn't have worked in this building. "U-Um, e-excuse me. D-Do you have authorization to be hear. You have to schedule a meeting if you wish to talk to someone." Shrimp said as his hue nervousness problem began to show. Speaking so lightly and looking frail. Shrimp is about 5'7, with black short hair and blue eyes. He had on a black robe with black pants and some sandals.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P) Empty Re: A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P)

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 am
Max would wander the halls, looking for the room that housed his objective. Despite his efforts to remember he simply couldn't, unable to recall where Mortarion was at in this large building. Max hadn't had anywhere else to be though, and so he would simply take as much time as it needed to find him. Well, that was what the boy had thought.

A meek voice would speak from the down the hall, the man small and looking to be an attendant or maybe an assistant of some sort. He was just the sort of person that Max was hoping to not get held up by. "I am Max Yamaguchi, and I seek Lord Mortarion. Do you know where he is?" Max would ask, possibly gleaning some information from this man. Max was wearing his typical garb of loose clothing, his Kumo headband worn like a necklace around his neck. Upon close inspection one would note large growths on his neck and shoulder. 

"This man will only get in your way, Max. Why don't you just remove him from the picture?" Napa would ask telepathically, his words tormenting the boy and trying to give him the push that Napa thought that he needed. 

"I'm not going to kill an innocent man, Napa." Would be Max's retort to the being housed within.
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 am
Shrimp was getting nervous like he usually does with every little conversation he has with someone. he wasn't sure how to go about this since this kid was here without any appointment or permission. "M-Mortarion? I'm.. not sure if he's here at the moment.. I haven't really really seen him. But do you have permission to be here.." He said in a nervous tone.

The door to the raikage chamber was still open. Since he wasn't too far away from the room. Kyson wanted to see what was holding up his assistant. As Kyson got up from his seat and walked towards the door. As he peaked his head out and looked down the hallway to see who it was. It was none other than Max. He hadn't seen him since the Kumo celebration. "Max, its been a minute. I see you've met my assistant. Come on in, I assume you want to talk with someone. Maybe I can help." He said as he walked back over to his chair in the Raikage's office. He was curious as to why he was here. So that was going to be the first thing for him to find out. He's a pretty smart kid for his age, so clearly if he's hear its for a good reason. He sat down and waited for Max to enter and take the seat that's right in front of Kyson's desk.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 am
Max would begin to formulate exactly how he was going to convince this man to leave him be. He considered just lying to the man, but before he could spit out anything in response to the assistant that was questioning him Max would hear a familiar voice from down the hall beyond where the small man stood. It sounded like Kyson, the Jounin that Max had met in Hoshi. What was he doing in here?

Max would look over to Kyson and begin walking that way, moving carefully past the man carrying stacks of papers. He might have held up the Chuunin, but Max wasn’t going to make his life or job any harder than it needed to be. He would step into the office as Kyson had suggested, though Max was puzzled with everything he was currently taking in. He would sit down, as Kyson offered. Kyson would be able to note do similar, but distinct chakra signature pinging off of Max from this distance. 

“Kyson, it is very good to see you. I see that you have an assistant, and an office to boot. It looks as though being the bodyguard of Commander Maku has really paid off for you. Looks as though you’ve been busy.” Max would say, gazing around the room to take in all of it. This was a rather nice room, and in the Kage’s building no less. “This is rather impressive, even for a Jounin like yourself.” Max would smile, not fully aware of Kyson’s current position. Max still wasn’t fully aware that Maku was the current Raikage, instead thinking the man simply a commander under Lord Raikage Mortarion.

Max would wait to hear Kyson’s response about his current situation before he would answer Kyson about why he was here. “I am looking for Lord Mortarion or Commander Maku. I seek to progress to the rank of Jounin, but I feel as though I would need to become much more capable before such a feat would be within grasp. N…” Max wouldn’t know how to explain Napa to Kyson without seeming crazy. Max had to consider these things now, as he was becoming more mature he had to speak carefully and precisely. Such was necessary, else he would surely find himself in some sort of prison for the insane. Max would look over his shoulder, checking to see if the assistant was still around or if he had gone along with his work. Max didn’t want this information getting to anyone he didn’t feel he could trust. “I hope to read into Mortarion’s notes and findings. He might have been a monster, but his knowledge of medical techniques dwarfs that of anyone else in the village. His research, while horrible, could see some practical applications in the hands of someone that isn’t as... ambitious and power hungry as Mortarion had been.” Max would wait, letting what he said sink in and process to the man at the desk.
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:43 am
Kyson chuckled at his response, "I'm just helping out and making sure work doesn't pile up. Things been pretty busy lately, I'm just here to pick up the slack. So don't get the wrong idea." He would say with a light smile on his face. Max then began to explain his reason for being here. Kyson wasn't expecting for him to be looking for Youka. He hasn't seen him since he has been here. But hearing that name sent a big jolt to his nerves. But this was no time to show his hatred, so he didn't show any negative emotion when max brought up his name. "Sorry, but I haven't seen Mortarion since I've been here. And as for Maku, he's busy on a mission. That's why I'm here, just taking care of things while he's gone." The young Hozuki said.

But his reason for looking for Youka caught the huge Hozuki by a surprise. The fact someone his age was interested in his research. Unfortunately, he couldn't help him there even if he wanted to. "Interesting.. But I can't really help you with that. I don't even know where that information is nor do I even know how to get it. To be honest, I'd be surprised if someone other than the man himself had access to that information." He would say to the young Chunnin.

"Is there anything else I could help you with or if you have any concerns?" He would ask.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 am
Max would sit and listen as Kyson expressed his inability to help the boy. He hadn’t seen Mortarion in his stay here? The last time Max saw Lord Mortarion, the man was resting in this very building, but woke up and spoke with Maku. Is it possible that Maku had sent the Raikage back to a slumber, trapped within his own mind? That would explain his continued lack of presence in Kumo. Max could try and ping the man’s chakra, but if he was being held in a hidden area the distance between them would likely prove too far. Max was at a loss for words. All of that information, that research… trapped within the mind of a man now gone. Would Max ever be able to grow enough to contend with such a force in the shinobi lands… and what did Mortarion’s prolonged comatose state mean? Max wanted to see the man die before his eyes, but it would seem as though life was yet again trying to steal from the boy. Mortarion’s end should be at the hands of one of those he had wronged, not at peace while sleeping. It would seem that life was full of simple injustices and lacking in fairness.

The reality of it all was sinking in, plaguing the boys mind with despair. His whole shinobi life, his whole purpose for growing stronger… He would never get his chance to look into the eyes of the man that killed his village, to see the life fade from them slowly as he stood triumphant over Mortarion’s cold, lifeless body.

Maku was busy on a mission? The commander took on missions? That was a big surprise to the young chuunin, as he didn’t expect Maku to have any need to get his hands dirty. Max would shrug, unsure of what to make of it all. He would see everything before his eyes starting to fade away. What was his purpose now? What drove him? To better Kumo? It was already on the rise, and if Max’s suspicions were right it would only be a matter of time before Kumogakure’s command would switch hands, likely to Maku. If he never came back though… who would lead Kumogakure towards its future?

Was there anything Kyson could help him with? “Kyson, you are a Jounin, right?” Such was mostly rhetorical, as the man was clearly a higher rank. “What can you suggest I do to improve my chances of growing into a Jounin myself? I don’t know what all the rank requires, and I seek to become the best Jounin I possibly can.” The boy was clueless as to what new responsibilities and such were needed to be promoted. “Is it simply a test of strength and skill? Does one simply become Jounin once they are strong?”
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm
Hearing the young boy's words, it seemed something was driving him to become a better shinobi. It reminded him of Kyson back in his Suna days. Having to work harder than everyone else because he was looked upon as an outsider that came from this village. Everyday he trained to better himself and become the best possible shinobi he could ever be. But sadly there was more to it than that, which was why his last village was taken over. Trying to turn a new leaf, whether it was for better or fore worse. He experienced a lot in this world. Some that taught him a lesson and some scars that'll never heal. After Max asked if Kyson was a jounin, he let off a slight shrug. "Guess you can say that."

"Strength and skill is only a part of it. I'd be a fool to say that those two components don't matter. But it also means to be discipline and having a mind state that only one's who have reached that rank will experience. But one of the main components is having the qualities of a future leader. Which is why the Jounin exams have to deal with leading a genin squad. Being able to lead the young and misguided into the right direction." He would say to the Chunin. For someone as young as he is, he's come a long way. There aren't much shinobi at his age who knows what he does.

"But that's still only part of it. But it wouldn't help you if i gave you all the answers. The rest is up to you to find out what it means to be a Jounin. Or maybe I should ask.. what do you think it means to be Jounin? I'm sure you've met quite a handful of Jounin. What do you see in them that's different from you." Kyson would ask. Curious to see what his response would be and what he thinks differentiate himself form other Jounin.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:07 am
Max would take a good long while to ponder the words spoken by the Hozuki in the room before him. Strength and skill were only a part of it all? It made sense to the boy to a degree, though he cannot wrap his head around the other aspects. Power, though an abstract, is easy to explain and think about. It means that you have the ability to influence the world around you through your actions alone. Your presence commanded respect, adoration, or fear from those around you. Such was how the young lad saw Mortarion. He was a monster, a vile creature that likely dug its way up from the depths of hell itself, but he was powerful. Nobody challenged his authority, even when his words spoke falsehoods or his orders were both genocidal and suicidal. Max had only truly been in the man’s presence but once, and the feeling of dread in the air was unlike anything else he had felt. Even Commander Maku didn’t possess the same force of presence that Mortarion had….

…But Commander Maku had been nearly as strong as Lord Mortarion…

Maybe Kyson was right. Maybe there was more to being a shinobi that sheer power and skill, though Max still had a hard time figuring out what else there was. Max would sift through his thoughts, especially those of the Jounin shinobi that he knew well. Komori and Komon were both Jounin, and they had a great deal of skill. Komon had bested a bijuu side by side with Senshi, and that was a creature of legendary status. His efforts had managed to product a lethal attack on the beast, his kunai tearing through its flesh like it were paper. He had gone to war and claimed territory in the name of Kumogakure. These efforts are likely what had landed him his position as Jounin, and both of them relied heavily on strength and skill in combat.

He would also think about the level of confidence that each of the Jounin he knew had. Each of them had fully believed in their capabilities, far more than Max ever gave himself credit for. Max still barely felt ready to be a Chuunin, with the responsibilities of leading a team on missions and taking their lives into his own hands. It was taxing on anybody. They never seemed to show it thought, always putting on a face of complete certainty that they would succeed in anything they did.

“A Jounin isn’t someone who is both strong and skilled, it is someone that sets a good example for those of the village. It is someone that calms others with their presence alone, their courage in the face of danger and confidence that they will succeed being two of the primary examples I can think of. They aren’t just capable, but they follow the orders given to them by their superiors. That was what my brother did, and that may be why I cannot say that I am Jounin capable. I often find myself riddled with doubt about my abilities and lack thereof. I don’t cause those around me to cheer, or feel relieved knowing that I am on the scene. No, most non-shinobi fear me, or at least begrudgingly tolerate my presence. When it came time to go to war, I stayed behind. I doubted myself and my ability to truly support the war efforts…” Max was starting to wonder whether or not he was truly a capable shinobi. His own self-doubt was there with everything he did. Even his efforts to restore Senshi to life were eventually put aside when he doubted that he would ever be capable of bringing his brother back to life.

What did all of this mean?
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 am
He listened to Max's response, it seemed this question was a bit of a tough one. This almost felt like he was getting somethings off of his chest, words he had never said aloud before. Things that were kept deep inside that he never wanted to believe. But it also seemed like he was downing and underestimating himself. Which was never a good idea in the Hozuki's eyes. He's been through the same thing, when his leader was struct down right in front of him. He stood there and watched and gave in to defeat so easily. The boy doubted himself of ever becoming a leader. Which is why he doesn't like the idea of himself being Raikage. But whether he wanted to or not, was it best for the village. He knows he has the talent for it, but he just isn't confident himself to believe it.

"Helping in a war isn't just going out there an fighting. A part of war is also defending the home land. Maybe its true, maybe you weren't capable of going out there and fighting alongside your peers. But you made a real decision with yourself by determining what would be best.. going out there or protecting the village. So don't say you didn't support it in anyway just because you weren't out there. your role was just as big as anyone else's." The Hozuki said to the young chunnin. He had a long way to go before he truly understands what it meant to be a jounin. But to get himself on the right track was up to him and him alone. But Kyson would scratch his head and begin to chuckle.

"Its funny when I talk about you supporting the war and I was the one on the losing side of it." he said with a light laugh. It was like giving him advice on how to beat him next time. It was weird talking about it now that he noticed it. "But in time, you'll fully understand what it means to be a shinobi. That's the point of the exams, to show you the path. you'll experience sooner or later." He said as he referenced the Jounin exams.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum