Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Shiru IyasuToday at 3:59 amDr.NoDeathThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 8:50 pmHimari HyuugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 7:37 pmHimari HyuugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 6:02 pmTalon TauMerchant MonsterYesterday at 5:58 pmHebiishi OrochiIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 4:32 amJunko TsukikoDoctor DaysYesterday at 4:09 amJunko TsukikoSpa Spy SessionYesterday at 3:56 amJunko TsukikoJunko TsukikoYesterday at 3:21 amJunko TsukikoA Few Errands to RunSat May 04, 2024 2:13 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
16 Posts - 39%
8 Posts - 20%
5 Posts - 12%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
1 Post - 2%
1 Post - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P)

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 am
Kyson, despite being on the other end of those war efforts would try to comfort the young Chuunin, explaining that there was more to supporting the war than just going out and fighting. Kyson was right, but in Kumogakure it always seemed as if might and strength of arms was the ultimate truth and way of the shinobi. Defending the homeland was a nice way to put it, but nobody ever dared attack the Kumo homeland, so while he may have been protecting it, the honest truth of the matter was that he was protecting something that really didn’t need much protecting. Of course, who’s to say what would have happened if he wasn’t there. Maybe someone would have attacked and sacked the village, taking away his home and heart. Luckily, it hadn’t happened and despite his thoughts on the matter, Max did appreciate the kind words from the rehomed Jounin.

“You are probably right. I’m signing up for the exams coming up here soon, hoping that it will lead me down the path I need to go in order to see Kumogakure at its fullest potential. With Maku and Mortarion nowhere to be found our whole shinobi roster will have to pull extra weight and grow even stronger. Who knows what lurks out there? Perhaps there is a predator, waiting to try and swallow us up like the waves do the shore during high tide.” Of course, perhaps there was nothing and nobody would march on his homeland. Only time would tell for sure regarding such things.

Max would place his hand on his head, a sharp pain coursing through it without warning. Perhaps Napa was clawing at his mind, trying to steer the childs thought towards his own goals. Max would shake off the pain and look over at Kyson.

“I am sorry for everything that happened to you. Did you ever find your old master? I don’t recall his name, but I remember you saying that you were going to look for him when we talked in Hoshi.”

…Hoshi…

Hoshi, the land where his adopted mother resided, forever leaving Kumo and Max behind. He often wondered how she was doing, though he was disappointed by his last visit. He had barely spent any time with her during the stay, though Max wasn’t sure why. He often wondered how Mother Akihana, the Flower of Kumo had been.
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 33973

A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Leap into the Maw of the Monster (P)

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:28 am
He was glad he was signing up for Kumo's Jounin exams. There is no other way to explain what it takes to be a jounin than testing yourself to become one. He's confident he will find the answer he is looking for whether he passes or fail. But he was right, with the Raikage being gone in the meantime, there's a lot more weight to be carried around. There shinobi forces are running a bit low as of late. But that only means the rest of us have to work a lot harder.

"That's good, they will test you to see if you really have what it takes to be jounin. but I'm confident you'll do well. We can use more people striving to be leaders. So hopefully in the future you'll make a great one." Kyson said. The next question Max asked struck him a bit. Threw him a bit off guard, he was surprised that he remembered him mentioning his teacher. Sadly, bring it up cause a regretful smirk to come off Kyson's face. 

"Well, unfortunately he was put to death by the village for escaping and trying to find me and a good friend of mine. Who happen to be his son. And his uncle was tortured for helping him trying to escape, but he died right in front of me while he was in critical condition. So me and that friend moved his mother out of the village so that nothing were to happen to her. So.. a lot happened on my arrival here. I couldn't be mad at the village because leaving without permission isn't allowed. Hell.. I did the same thing. But some are just luckier than others I guess." He said to Max. feeling like leaving in the first place was a bad idea and it probably worried a lot of Royalty's family. Though Kyson grew up in an orphanage so he didn't really know his family. So he knows his best friend got the worst of it.

"But don't feel bad for me or anything. Its part of the shinobi world.. no... its part of life. Things happen when you least expect it. And sometimes there is nothing we can do about it." He said. That experience was part of the reason he wanted to be in the position he is in right now. So no one would have to go through that.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:03 am
Max had no words, nothing to say at all regarding the sad news. He would simply take it in, unsure of what he could do to ease the suffering of the man before him. He said that he did not want Max to feel bad for him, but such a thing was simply out of the boys hands. He couldn't help but feel the pangs of sadness for Kyson's loss.

"Why did he need to escape or hide his actions? Could he not have simply stated that he was tracking down rogue shinobi... shinobi that had fled from the village and possibly held secrets that could bring havoc down on Kumo? Fleeing the village is always a bad idea... our leader is very strict when it comes to such things... perhaps even a bit too strict. The village is supposed to protect the civilians of the land, keeping them safe from the threats that seek to do them harm. But why is it that those threats always seem to stem from the shinobi themselves?" Max would ask, pondering the reality of it. The civilians wouldn't need protecting if there were no shinobi around to cause them grief. Most of the wandering creatures in this world were tied to gross experiments by shinobi or summoning that had gone horrible wrong. Even the Tailed Beasts, the dark chakra monsters that haunt the dreams of weak willed shinobi. They only seemed to have existed to be locked away inside of a ninja, forever imprisoned for just existing. It was no wonder they hated humanity.

Would the world be better off without shinobi? What would a world be like where there were no shinobi, and no ninjutsu? Would war still wage? Would people still find it in their dark hearts to kill one another? ... Probably.

Max would close his eyes, thinking deeply on the matter. "I am conflicted, Kyson. The world should be a better place, NEEDS to be a better place. It needs to be a place where people aren't slaughtered over petty differences or greed, a place where we shinobi actually fulfill our purpose in this life. It just needs to be... better. Akihana always told me that life was precious, and that even in the darkest souls there was light. Am I a monster for thinking that she was wrong?" 

The boy was honestly perplexed, unsure if his path was the right one. He only wanted to remove pain and suffering from this world, and to do so would require a lot of work. In order to promote life, some branches may need pruned, but then he was no better than the monsters he hated. Life was precious, but did the truly wicked deserve to live?
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:14 pm
As the words of the young chunnin drilled into Kyson's ears. He stated multiple ways of how he could have gone about the situation. Which made more sense but it didn't really matter at this point. What's done is done and he was living no more. But his situation may have not been so easy as he made it sound. "I agree, that would make more sense. But I doubt they would let the a rogue shinobi's father go after him. Because there's one or two things that might happen. One, his father may not have went back to the village after finding us. Or two, if he was able to bring us back to the village. We'd probably be executed and I doubt he'd want to be the reason for his son'd execution. Especially when it was his idea for us to leave the village for us to find a better life." He explained to max. He was still unaware as to why he would go look for us. But he had no way to find out if we were alive or not and if were safe.

As he listened to Max's view on the shinobi world. Bringing back things he was taught from his sensei or teacher. And learning that maybe sometimes there view of things doesn't go as planned after all. "No, that doesn't make you a monster. If you were told something from your teacher or sensei. And you had a first hand experience that what they taught you wasn't exactly true. Its not your fault your experience was different from their own. I was taught in the Sand village, to never kill no matter the situation. As good and peaceful as that sounds, I felt like that was our downfall and what made us weak. Not saying I like killing or anything, but if its to protect something you love. I see no problem with it." Kyson would say in response. 

His thoughts of the shinobi world had changed a lot in his life time. He felt like he has seen two sides of the world and experienced it in different ways. And as much as Suna was peaceful to him. He knows form experience that peace will not always get you want you want in this world. Some times you have to get your hands dirty in order to survive. That was just the way things were.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 am
Max would listen as his elder spoke, his words resonating with the boy. He wasn’t a monster for feeling the way he did, at least according to one other person. Kyson was an experienced shinobi, so his opinion and outlook would help reassure the boy. Young Max didn’t have the same level of life experience that others had, his age being a major factor in this. He was intelligent, and rather mature for how young he was, but there were still so many things that he still had to figure out.

Kyson had experienced the world from different perspectives, his life as a Suna ninja vastly different from his current position. Max couldn’t imagine such a thing. A whole village that never killed? Such a lofty goal, the idealism of it. Max would rather enjoy a world where such a thing was possible. A world free of troubles, so that death and killing were completely unnecessary…. What a perfect sounding place… It was too bad that such perfection could only exist in the mind, for once those thoughts and ideas touch reality they are typically warped and come out far different than anticipated.

“I am sorry for all of your losses. Kumo seems to have taken a lot from you. Your home has been taken from you twice, once by Mortarion and his ruthless ways, and again in Suna because of Maku and his ambition. You have lost mentors, and friends. On behalf of my village I do apologize, for whatever such a lowly apology is worth.” Max would say, his head lowered slightly out of respect for the man’s losses. Picking his head up, he would meet the gaze of Kyson. He had something to ask the man, something that he needed to do.

“Kyson, I am requesting the freedom to visit Hoshigakure, the City Hidden in the Stars. My mother Akihana is there, and speaking with her will greatly ease my mind of this… turbulence. Her voice can soothe the spirit, and my spirit needs to be soothed. Much of this unease I feel is because of her. I made a promise to her… and I have decided that it would be in everyone’s better interest if I rescinded it.” Max would look down, hanging his head almost in shame. “Such is something best spoken with her directly though. I cannot send a letter, for I have no idea who could intercept such a message. No, I have to tell her in person, face to face. Will you grant me permission to undertake this personal quest?”
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 am
Hearing his concern for Kyson was expected, he always been a kind individual. But that's life, you never know what it will throw at you next. And your only option is to make the the adjustment. But Kyson wouldn't take back or change anything that happened to him up until now. He strongly believes everything happens for a reason and its either a blessing or a lesson for him. "No need to apologize, it is what it is. If I let something a little as that get to me too much. How could I ever lead a village and prove to anyone that there's hope." He would say with a slight smirk.

He would listen to Max's request. It completely caught Kyson off guard when he let it out. He didn't know Queen Akihana was his mother. Maku didn't tell him that when he was explaining everything to him. He was kind of against it immediately since they were no longer allies. But then its much deeper than that since they were family. On top of that, him and their leader didn't have a huge hate towards each other when him, Maku and Kyson had that meeting. There was really no hate in the atmosphere. But he had to let Max know the circumstances.

"Umm, well. That's a huge surprise. I actually met her on my first arrival at Hoshi. I would've never guessed that she was your mom. I guess I can see somewhat of the resemblance, maybe its the blonde hair?" Kyson thought to himself. He was getting just a little off topic. So he shook his head a for a split second as he regained himself. "Well, not sure if your aware. But you do know we are no longer in an alliance with them right? There was a meeting while we were there and the alliance is no more." He would say to Max. Curious to what his thoughts on the situation would be.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:12 am
So Kyson was in fact their current highest ranking shinobi, which he confirmed puts him in charge at the moment. It made sense, but why would he have the position over one of the other Jounin? There had to be more to this man, beside him just being the bodyguard of Commander Maku. Of course, it could also just simply be nepotism. Who knows?

Hoshi was no longer an ally? How? Akihana was their queen, and Mortarion was her husband. Such a union had to mean that they weren’t enemies at the very least. Why would they refuse such a partnership? Well it was no matter. He would have to ask Akihana about it when he spoke with her, as if there was anyone with the force of personality and grace to bring on such a union it would be her.

“While they may no longer consider us allies, I feel that they will allow me passage. I am the son of Queen Akihana, and I doubt anyone there would seek to do me harm. Plus, any open attack on me would likely bring war, something that I highly doubt either side truly wants. I don’t fear that any ill will shall befall me, though I appreciate your concern Kyson.” Max would smile, happy at the thought of seeing his mother again. He could really use the peace of mind that their meeting would bring. So much would fall into place, and he could continue down his path with a clear head and conscious. 

“I can of course do anything you may need me to do along the way. Assuming that you are the senior shinobi and have control in such matters, I can perform any tasks you need done along the way or while I am there.” Max would add in, allowing Kyson to utilize this opportunity to use Max's personal matter to further the villages goals for the future.
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:11 pm
The boy was young but he was a chunnin for a reason. To get this far, he had to be capable of taking care of himself. Hearing the news he wasn't aware about. It did make sense why he wouldn't be attacked while being out, but you never know. He wasn't sure with what to do about it at the moment. So had to think a bit more on his request. 

"I see what your saying. And I guess it makes sense and there should be nothing to worry about. But if something were to happen to you, I'd feel responsible for it. Even though that's kind of the worst part about this job. Anything that happens eventually becomes my responsibility and I'm held accountable at some extent. And with me randomly taking this position and not knowing too much about you. I'll request this, find someone a higher rank than you that you really trust. And if they trust you enough to go out on your own, then you may leave. But if not, I request you bring someone with you to tag along." Kyson said to Max. Either way he gave him permission to go on his trip. But he wasn't comfortable sending him alone to a place that isn't allied with us. It was just a risk he didn't want to think careless about.

Though, Kyson didn't really have any other job or tasks that deals with Hoshi. though they showed him a good time when he was there. So honestly, Kyson personally has no problem with them. "I really have nothing in mind that involves Hoshi. If they give you no problems then give them my regards in advance. Its the least I could do since they showed me respect when I was there. Even though we aren't allies." He said. Waiting to see how Max would respond to the request. Like he said, he had no problem with going. Just going there alone, he feels a bit uneasy since they weren't allies.
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 am
After listening to Kyson’s proposal, Max would nod. He had no qualms about it, as there were many people of higher rank that he trusted and could ask. “I understand, and I thank you for your permission to do this. It does mean a great deal to me. Know that I will not forget your kindness here, Kyson.” Max would offer the Commanding Jounin a handshake, presenting his metal arm forth for the sign of respect.

Afterwards, Max would say his goodbyes and make his way out of the Kage’s building with a fierce determination in his eyes. He would communicate through the telepathy seal to Komon and Komori, the two highest rank shinobi that he knew that he could count on responding to him.

“I have talked it over with Kyson, and he requested I talk with someone of a higher rank. I am traveling to Hoshi, and it is up to you whether or not I can simply go by myself or if I have to take another along with me. Kyson has informed me that Hoshi is no longer among our allies, despite Akihana’s marriage to Lord Mortarion. Kyson doesn’t know my capabilities well enough to simply allow me to travel alone for my personal matter, but if one of you trust me to go alone I can do so. What do you say?”

Max would await their mental response with a nervous anticipation.
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mi Stats
Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 35000

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 am
Komon was already in the land of Iron, far away from max, and so too was Komori. He'd smile at the boy's voice in his head. It had been a while since they'd talked. "You're a chuunin in name only max, do what you must, and come back safe. I've had enough funerals for one lifetime" His connection would fade.

--Exit--
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum