Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Anonymous

Gaining a Brother and Meeting an Old Friend (IO) - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaining a Brother and Meeting an Old Friend (IO)

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:31 am
Salzem smiled as Dachi reciprocated his feelings, saying that he was "the brother he's always wanted." Never once was he ever given a greater compliment or anything even close to what Dachi had declared in that moment. Never once did he care for someone as much as he did the little smiling boy sitting beside him and in that moment, they had truly became brothers. Blood and genes didn't matter. Clan bonds didn't matter. In that moment, those that were once strangers had grown as close as any two people could get. Any hesitation or fear Salzem might have felt earlier on had quickly melted away into the smile Dachi had on his face. He seemed just as happy, if not more so than Salzem was with their ties. Those wide little eyes of his, so wide and innocent, but so sincere in his statement... It could make anyone's heart melt.

Without another word, he wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and pulled him into a hug, not caring who could see them or what their judgments were. In this moment, the only thing he really even cared about was his little brother.  He had a family again, someone who he could trust to stay with him through all the stupidity and chaos that was the ninja world. Someone Salzem could confide in on another level, to talk to as an actual person and have him talk back. The person he held in his arms was not just a brother in title, but in spirit as well, a stronger bond than any blood-ties or birth certificate could make. He held the smaller boy because he genuinely cared for him, loved him, an emotion Salzem thought he might never feel again. That love in his chest, that joy he felt when the little kid returned his feelings, it was so warm, so soothing it might as well have turned every tense muscle to jelly.

In a way, this hug Salzem gave Dachi was not just a simple expression of his love, but it was also the stamp-on-the-contract, as it were. The act of this hug wasn't out of thanks or joy or any of that, but it was one of love and if Dachi returned the hug, then their paths were set together. A symbol of a sort that would seal it all together. In that moment, Salzem was not thinking, he wasn't processing; His mind was completely blank, but that was okay. He didn't feel chaotic in his mindlessness. He didn't feel restless. He felt at peace. Once again, he had something to protect, something he loved with all his heart and soul and it wasn't in some village across a nation or two. It was resting right here in his arms. Salzem may have thought himself a monster, but a monster who cradled his chance at being human.

The sanguine-eyed ninja had lost everything to get here: his family, his friends, his home, and his teacher. These losses hardened him into an angry, scared and frustrated entity with nothing but his goal to justify his behavior. He was angry that so much had been stolen from him. He was scared that if he made bonds with someone, they'd end up just as dead as the rest of them. He was frustrated that he was so powerless to do anything in response. And then Dachi came into his life... As he held the smaller boy, he felt not anger, nor fear, neither frustration. He felt love. Genuine, warming, caring love. It was an emotion Salzem kept locked away like the world's last bottle of wine, never to be cracked open unless its the most dire of circumstances. It melted the ice around his heart and cooled the fires in his head. It relaxed his muscles and silenced his mind. It made him forget his surroundings with the only two things present being him and his little brother.

And he didn't let go.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Gaining a Brother and Meeting an Old Friend (IO) - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaining a Brother and Meeting an Old Friend (IO)

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:19 am
Dachi, small as he was, still did not fully understand the moment that was occurring before him. He knew that Salzem felt something deeper, and he was glad that his teacher thought of him as a brother, just as he did, but, Dachi could not fully comprehend the power. 

"Hey, you wanna do more training?" the child would ask when finally released.

He felt as if Salzem could use some cheering up, and he always enjoyed training. It made him feel stronger than how weak he truly was. However, training also helped him feel a sort of bonding with Salzem. He hoped he would say yes.

However, there was more than just the feeling of growing stronger. He felt safe with Salzem. Had he been training with any other ninja, he would be cautious the entire time, never using the full extent of his abilities, but prepared to do so at a moment's notice. He may be young, but his time with Salzem had already taught him that not everyone could be trusted, and that you must watch your back. But, not with Salzem. If there was on person that the child felt safe with, it was this man. He wished that they would never have to part ways, but knew that some day, it would be inevitable.

(hope that's a little longer, sorry for the delay.)
Anonymous

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:31 am
Eventually, Salzem did release Dachi, smiling down at him gently. As he did, the smaller kid looked up at him with those wide, innocent eyes of his and asked if he wanted to do more training. Ah, training. It was something Salzem sorely neglected since... well..... uh.... Salzem couldn't remember when. He simply stopped training some time ago. It seemed to lose meaning after a while. With so little forward progress and with everything appearing to move so agonizingly slow, what was the point of honing his skills? He might as well be traveling through syrup mixed with 8 year-old molasses. Time seemed to pass around Salzem just to spite him, never letting him move forward with the rest of them, only allowing him to ride on the ripples left behind. This Suna place had quickly became less of a haven and more of a Purgatory. He didn't want to be here anymore, here in this place of sand and heat. The worst part was that he'd keep waking up to this place, feeling safe, then realize everything he needed was out there, beyond it's borders. That safety very quickly became a prison, not letting anything in, not letting him out. All the while, time time spited him from out there while it's backwash left him wanting more in here. It was nothing less than torture. And with repeated torture, as anyone knows, one begins to lose hope, motivation to do.... anything, really. That included training. Sure, one could argue that it was his duty as a soldier to keep his strength up for the village's sake, but what was the POINT if the village is over there and he's stuck in here? The universe was simply out to drain him of every little ounce motivation it could. Salzem had realized a long time ago he couldn't blame it for it's vacuous and ravenous nature, but despite his understanding, he was still sitting here, in this spot, with little patience left. One could argue that was part of the reason for his volatile temper. Here, it was always too hot, the light was always too bright, the repeated burns left so much frustrating pain... It was a wonder why he hadn't been driven mad already. It was a wonder why he puts up with this. It was a wonder why he didn't go to the Kazekage and ask to leave again. He most certainly could, after all. It was within his power. Just walk on over to the Sunagakure Kage office, convince the Kazekage to let him go with Dachi and let that be that. Salzem could most certainly DO that, but... why bother? What was the point? Chances are he'd say no for some reason like how "Now wasn't the right time" or that "He should just wait a while longer." What he wouldn't realize is that time had no meaning for Salzem here. He shouldn't be here any longer. And Salzem would simply agree with him. What else could he do? Insist to head out? Fight the man that gave him this place? Speak out against the being that kept him safe? He owed that man and at the same time, he felt he didn't. Purgatory. He could do nothing but wait and it killed him. Frustration wasn't even a word at this point. It lost it's meaning, dissolved in the pool of itself within his own head.

Salzem had put off his training for these reasons. There was little point in doing anything if he was still here, going through the motions. Everything out there, his life, his story, and he was in here still. This is why when he looked down at his little brother, he appeared perplexed, as if decided whether or not he should deviate the routine set for him. The stupid, agonizing, painful, yet predictable path he made for himself in this place without time. It only took one look from his little brother for Salzem to agree to his terms. He really couldn't deny him. Even if he saw the frustration  and pain in Salzem's eyes, the innocent and young determination in Dachi's was just something Salzem couldn't brush off. He smiled, despite himself and rubbed Dachi's white hair.

"Sure thing buddy..." Salzem agreed, sounding only slightly hesitant. As they made their way out of the shop and into the busy streets of Suna again, Salzem would spontaneously scoop up little Dachi and place him on his shoulders, walking them both all the way to the training grounds, the place Salzem kept praying he'd never have to see again.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 pm
"Come on," Dachi said, frowning, and stamping his foot on the ground. "You're not upset to train, are you?"

He could tell that Salzem seemed disappointed, or depressed, though the child, with no knowledge of what had just occurred, thought that it was at the mention of training.

"I know you're already the strongest ninja there is," the boy explained in all seriousness. "But I'm not. I'm still tiny and slow, and Fire Man said you could help me with that. Otherwise, when we travel the world, and try to save it, I'll be to weak to stop the bad guys as easily as you could."

He looked up at Salzem, with a face of determination. 

"That's what you're going to do, right? Help me fight off the bad guys together?" Dachi asked, with stern look. "That's what brother's should do. That'd be a good thing to do, and I will do it."

Dachi looked at Sal for a bit more, making sure he was just as serious about this "hero business" as Dachi himself was. He had to be. Sal was too much of a good guy to not want to save the world, in Dachi's eyes. 

Then, however, being the child he was, Dachi found it hard to remain so serious for very long, and if Salzem did not make any sort of change, he would pounce suddenly on Salzem, laughing, and trying to grab at him.

"Plus, training with you is fun!" The boy cackled. "It's so boring here, and there's nothing else to do, but you teach me how to be a ninja! I've always wanted to be a ninja, and no one's ever taught me before. You're a good teacher. Come on, Sal! It'll be fun, won't it?"

The boy hoped his teacher would agree. He always enjoyed his company so much, but the child knew he could be boring at times. He wasn't smart enough to hold up an exciting conversation, and he had very little history with Salzem, and so, the child thought that training with his teacher was the best way to remain exciting to him
Anonymous

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:58 pm
It seemed little Dachi was more perceptive than Salzem initially gave him credit for. The moment they stepped outside, he stamped his foot, asking if the Sanguine-eyed ninja didn't want to train at all. Not giving the older boy time to respond, Dachi spoke of how weak he was compared to Salzem and when they went to save the world together, he'd be too weak to do any of the saving himself. The smaller boy looked up at Salzem with determination that was both adorable and very serious. He asked if they were going to fight the "bad-guys" together, that brothers do that kind of thing. Salzem smiled at that. He thought he loved the little boy a little more now. The sanguine-eyed ninja paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts, but before he could speak, Dachi lunged at him, barreling into his torso and knocking Salzem over and onto his back. He was taken completely by surprise with this seemingly random act so he had very little opportunity to fall right or break the impact. Groaning quietly, Salzem sat up, rubbing the back of his head and, to his surprise, he found Dachi wrapped around his torso, laughing. He stared at the smaller boy, surprised, but the shock very soon gave way to a grin and he wrapped his own arms around the smaller kid, laughing himself. He loved this kid so much... It was a closeness he had never felt with anyone before.... He wouldn't let anything get between him and Dachi, not even his own self-loathing and/or pity. The small, white-haired boy said that training with Salzem had been fun and that the rest of the village was boring. He said that Salzem had taught him to be what he had always wanted to be: a ninja, that he was a good teacher. He looked up at the older ninja with those innocent little eyes of his and said it would be fun. The look that melted Salzem's heart.... He ruffled little Dachi's white hair with one hand and with the other, he held him close to his chest as he got up.

"Of course it will!" Salzem promised with a theatrical amount of incredulousness. "I will make it so!" Now, as he stood, he didn't simply drop the little boy. No, he held him to his chest, holding him up as if he were holding an infant. He didn't want to let him go just yet.

"You're a wonderful person, Dachi..." Salzem would say as he carried him to the training grounds. His tone was, by no means playful. He was 100% serious. "I mean it..."
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:38 am
"Aha!" Dachi said, his voice once again filled with joy at Salzem's agreement. "Then come on! If we're going to beat the bad guys, you're the only one who can help me to get strong enough!"

With that, Dachi would leap backwards, still grinning, and form two wind arrows in his hands, almost like long-handled daggers, and look at Salzem a moment more. 

If Salzem were to make a move, Dachi would suddenly turn and run away from him, and then up the closest tree, before then onto the bottom of the lowest hanging tree branch, leaving him hanging upside down, with his feet holding onto the branch through his chakra. From there, the child would prepare himself for what would happen next. (Assuming there are trees in the training ground.)

However, if Salzem would not make a move towards training, Dachi would frown again, and make the arrows disappear, before putting his hands on his hips. 

"I know it's boring for you," he said, "but for me, it's the only way I can learn, Sal. I'm not that smart, and learning how to be a ninja alone is just plain boring. Plus, you're the best ninja I know."

(Okay, I'm really sorry for the really delayed and short reply once more. This week has been too busy for me. I'll try my best to post more regularly.)

(100 ap - 10 for arrows, -1 for surface walking = 89 ap.)
Anonymous

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:24 pm
It seemed he didn't really have the heart for play today after all. Considering everything that's happened with his teacher's death and the effective heart-felt goodbye he never had the oppertunity to give before, Salzem found that the heartache was just too much. He COULDN'T just get over it as Kasai wanted. He COULDN'T Just tuck it away for Dachi's sake. He COULDN'T fake the smile he had on his face any longer. It was too much... The grin fell from his face like an anvil, leaving only a crippling hurt expression on his face as as he stared at his little brother within the training grounds. For whenever he looked at Dachi, all he could see was his dead teacher, the one he would never walk beside again. Dachi attempted to coax Salzem to train with him, saying that learning to be a ninja alone was just plain boring. He said that Salzem was the best person ninja he knew, and that struck the last cord in his heart. He was a horrible ninja. He let his teacher die and now, instead of being dead, his old friend remained in this child, sharing his existance and reminding Salzem of his lack of one. Fresh tears flowed from his eyes, the water-works flowing down his face again, much to his humiliation.

"I'm sorry Dachi..... I.... just..... can't...." And with those painful words, Salzem ran back in the direction of his house to quietly sob away his pain.

(exit)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum