Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 3:51 pmAmikiri GuhinLate Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 55%
5 Posts - 23%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Taichi Yamamoto
Taichi Yamamoto
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Genjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 500

Monkey island Empty Monkey island

Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:44 am
Mission Name: Monkey Business
Mission Location: Island Country Borders

Challenges: -
Task: Good morning, young shinobi! You see, we've run into a bit of trouble. Embarrassing as it is to admit, our facility has recently collaborated with the genetic and medical testing departments in an attempt to make running the inner works of our village more efficiently. In short, we've replaced most of our staff with chakra enhanced, highly-trained monkeys.

However, after hours, some of them seem to disappear. We suspect they're heading to one of the small islands off the main archipelago - though we can't fathom why.

Would you mind investigating these rumors to see if they hold true? There is no need to bring the monkeys back or otherwise engage them should they be encountered.

Thank you for your assistance,
-The Kirigakure R&D Department

Word Count Requirement: 2,000
Reward: 4,000 Ryo / 20 AP

Character Requirements: Kirigakure shinobi
Character Exclusive: -

Taichi awoke to a banging on his door. It was a shinobi with a mission scroll in his hands. “Taichi Yamamoto, I have orders to deliver this to you. It was marked urgent, so they expect you as soon as you’re ready.” He said as he disappeared into the early morning mist. Taichi would race inside and open his scroll and read as he got his gear ready. The scroll read “Good morning Taichi, the R&D department of Kirigakure needs all hands on deck for this mission, we had some genetically modified monkeys escape from our facility and now they’re holding up on a small island. Please come down to the R&D facility at your convenience. Signed Kirigakure R&D department.” As Taichi finished reading the missive he rolled it back up and got dressed. He dressed quickly and rolled out. He stepped into the dark misty morning and blended with his surroundings as he ran toward the research and development department facility. He knew he had to complete this mission it was urgent enough to wake him up.
As he ran to the research and development department facility, he thought about who else was going to be involved with this mission, he had made a few friends with the genin in the village. He was sure Suman, and Ranase would have to be there, they were growing as shinobi just as he was. When he was a boy, he feared Suman would reveal his family secret. He was an Uchiha and so was his father, they elected to take his mother’s last name to protect them during the move. His parents weren’t shinobi, but they supported their son’s choice of becoming one. His father was able to make ends meet by joining the construction crews that were always busy in Kirigakure. Taichi didn’t know if they needed to keep up the charade in Kirigakure since there were other Uchiha, but his mother’s warnings always rang in his head. “Taichi, we don’t tell anyone about our past, we’re just a nice family from Konoha after the invasion.” She would tell him every time he would bring up the Sharingan. I guess I am my own man now, I’ll get to make my own choices. He thought as he arrives at the research and development department facility.
When Taichi entered the building, it was a madhouse. There were people in coats running around like a chicken with their heads cut off. There were people in suits going down halls counting monkeys and taking stock of which ones were missing, counting and recounting as they went. There was a group of shinobi who looked just as tired as he was. In that group was Suman. “Taichi, I was wondering if you’d be called for this mission.” Suman offered a fist bump to his long-time friend. They were about the same height, Suman was way leaner than Taichi, but he was also a Taijutsu Wizkid. Taichi stood no chance when they spared against each other unless Taichi used jutsu he was always guaranteed to lose to his friend. “I haven’t seen Ranase, but he should be here soon, this is a big deal, these are the monkeys they used to replace the workers here.” Suman added as he looked around obviously looking for someone to give them direction.
“I’m not seeing any order to this place; I wonder if they know we’re here yet.” Said Taichi as he too looked for anyone who looked like they were expecting a team of shinobi. Taichi would take the chaos and take the time to look for anyone who wasn’t freaking out to help them. Taichi felt a poke on his back, the familiar feeling of when Ranase would do it to show he could sneak up on the busy shinobi. “Ranase, late as always, don’t you know ‘at your convenience’ really means ‘with a quickness’?” He would jest with his friend.
Ranase was shorter than the two but was a gifted ninjutsu user. He could use three chakra elements and an advanced element that used all three. He was also a sensory shinobi and could sense a chakra signature that he remembered across the world if he needed to. He would be a valuable asset in this mission if they were to have to go find the monkeys. As Taichi turned back to the mess of people three people in lab coats came out of the conference room that was closest to where they help the monkeys. In the small group, there were two men and a woman, besides the shinobi in the lobby they were the calmest people there. The two men varied in size, one was short while the other was almost as tall as Taichi. The two men looked like lab technicians with their pens in the pen pockets of their shirts, while the woman looked like she was more on the business side of things. She was wearing her hair pulled tight back and was wearing a suit under her lab coat.
“The shinobi, you’ll be coming with us to conference room three.” The only woman in the group said to them. “We’ll be in shortly after we quiet the lobby.” The taller of the men followed up after the woman said. The gaggle of shinobi took that as their time to figure out where conference room three was. Taichi was the first to notice it and he guided the rest there. As the group of shinobi was moving to the conference room, they heard an airhorn go off. “There will be order in this building, we have policy and procedure for this kind of emergency!” They could hear as the door shut and blocked out the noise of the lobby.
The shinobi waited in the room for only five minutes giving them plenty of time to find their seats and greet each other. There were twelve genin, two chuunin, and two Jounin from Kirigakure assembled to handle this mission. By the looks of it, they were going to be assembled into four-man squads and then released to go catch the monkeys and whatever else they needed to be done. After the five minutes were over the three people who told the shinobi where to go were again standing in front of them. As the door shut behind them entering the room the group of shinobi heard nothing outside the room.
“Sorry about the mess earlier, we were going over the mission specifics while the employees ran amok.” The woman said, “I’m Yama Gonichi president of the research and development for Kirigakure. These two are head scientists in here and we came up with a plan of action we would like you to follow to the ‘T’, failure to do so could endanger the lives of our monkeys and yourselves.” Yama said as she started the mission brief.
Taichi listened intently to the mission briefing and nodded his understanding to the R&D department president. He couldn't help but feel intrigued by the strange disappearance of the chakra-enhanced monkeys. He knew his two friends were also intrigued, and they were grouped together with a chuunin whom Taichi knew to be a capable leader. As they left the office, Taichi mentally prepared himself for the mission ahead. Their group would be the group to infiltrate the island and try to capture the monkeys by the softest means necessary. He knew that the small islands off the main archipelago could be treacherous, with unpredictable weather and dangerous wildlife. Nevertheless, they were determined to complete his mission and unravel the mystery of the missing monkeys. They would be prepared to find the monkeys and take them down or guide them back depending on how the monkeys received them.
After gathering their gear and supplies, team Taichi set out to the main archipelago to investigate the rumors. The group would just use their walk-on water jutsu to cross the water to the island. As they approached the island, he noticed a strange energy emanating from its core. “Ranase, do you feel that?” Taichi would call over to his friend as they ran across the water. “There’s something weird radiating off of the island.” Taichi called the other two in case they couldn’t feel it.
Taichi and his crew stealthily made their way onto the island and began to explore. He soon came across a hidden laboratory, filled with advanced equipment and technology beyond his understanding. This must have been a satellite station for the researchers. Taichi notified his Chuunin leader and explained to him that this wasn’t what they came for. The leader quickly agreed and Taichi pushed him to the ground.  
As Taichi studied the area carefully, trying to discern the source of the movement. He then realized there was something big in the trees. “Do you see the movement in the trees?” He whispered to his leader as the chuunin nodded. “Think it’s a monkey?” The leader asked. “I don’t think so, I think it’s something bigger,” Taichi said as he got ready to perform hand signs and perform a few jutsu. A giant snake whipped out from behind a tree in the direction of Taichi and his leader. Before the snake could reach the pair Taichi had performed a few hand seals and the snake was stuck in a stasis that Taichi put up. This gave the Chuunin time to get his sword ready and cut the head off of the snake. All of a sudden there was much more movement in the underbrush. Taichi and his leader were ready for round two. “I think this island is going to try to kill us back-to-back,” Taichi said as he got his hands ready for more hand seals and the chuunin got his sword ready.
 Suddenly, a group of monkeys with strange markings on their fur emerged from the underbrush, chattering and screeching at Taichi and his leader. Suman and Ranase arrived to lend a hand if they needed it from above in the treetops. “Keep an eye out for predators, we had to kill a snake.” The chuunin told the two to keep their distance in the trees. Both shinobi nodded in understanding, there was no need at the time to have all four get surrounded by monkeys.
Taichi tried to communicate with the monkeys using hand signals and a few basic ninja phrases, but they seemed to be agitated and unwilling to listen. Taichi and the chuunin were at a loss for what to do, but the monkeys were keeping their distance and weren’t attacking the pair. Sensing that they were not a threat, Taichi and his group decided to follow them deeper into the island. As the walk progressed the monkeys seemed to become more friendly, the other two were able to join the group of shinobi and monkeys. The monkeys didn’t seem to be hostile which was good, this meant they could probably subdue and bring the monkeys back with food and a sleeping pill. This was good news for the group.
As they journeyed further into the jungle, Taichi began to notice more and more strange markings on the trees and rocks. This piqued his interest because this meant someone had been here recently, this was a trick shinobi used to help track or leave a trail for their group to find them. This made Taichi a little nervous because the monkeys might be leading them into a trap. He then realized that the monkeys had been using their chakra-enhanced abilities to leave their mark on the environment. He wondered why they did this, was it a way for more monkeys to come find them, or a way for them to explore without getting lost? Taichi would wonder this to himself, but he was sure the rest of the group noticed too.
Finally, they arrived at a clearing where a group of monkeys was gathered around a large stone altar. This was a weird sight to behold, was this the reason the monkeys came to the island, or did they infuse the stone altar with chakra? The energy emanating from the altar was palpable, and Taichi could feel a sense of power radiating from it. “Ranase, what do you make of this?” Taichi asked his comrade, baffled at what they were looking at. “I think the research and development team should know about this.” The squad leader said as he looked at the altar.
Taichi decided to approach the altar slowly, keeping his guard up. He didn’t want a monkey to get upset he was getting close to their idol. As he got closer, he saw that there was an inscription on the stone. It read: "Only those who possess the monkey spirit may enter." Taichi didn’t know what that meant, but he was curious so he proceeded forward.
Taichi didn't understand what it meant, but he sensed that this was the source of the strange energy he had felt earlier. He decided to meditate and try to communicate with the spirits of the monkeys to see if he could gain entrance to the altar.
After a few minutes of meditation, he felt a presence he hadn’t felt before. “Young shinobi, I sense the spirit of the monkey within you, come seek me later when you get a summoning scroll.” A voice said in his head, this confused Taichi, but he wasn’t upset by it. He began his search of the altar and the spaces around it. He found a hidden lever that opened up to a hidden room where the monkeys were all gathering. Taichi realized that the monkeys had somehow unlocked the secrets of the altar and were using it to enhance their own chakra abilities. He knew that the monkeys were starting to discover what the human shinobis already knew. His mission was to bring these monkeys home so the squad got together.
“Okay, this should be easy, there’s only eight of them. We brought enough sleeping pills and bananas they should be domicile long enough to get the recovery team out here and get them home.” The squad leader said in a hushed tone. “What happened in there?” He said turning to Taichi in a puzzled manner.
“There was a weird inscription about the spirit of the monkey, I just had to see what was happening.” Taichi said as he shrugged a little. He was the one who had the sleeping pills and bananas in his pack. He quickly reached in and grabbed a bunch of bananas and the pills and handed them out to everyone. They all got to work putting sleeping pills in two bananas each. Then they walked up to the monkeys and passed them out. Each monkey graciously accepted their banana.
After a few minutes, each monkey began to fall asleep peacefully. The squad leader help up his flare gun and fired it up to the sky. From there the recovery teams came and picked up the sleeping monkeys. Taichi was proud of his progress, and his friends. He had to question what that voice was, did he imagine it, or did a spirit of a monkey really communicate with him? He would have to investigate what it meant “with a summoning scroll”. This mission left Taichi confused, was the altar calling to the monkeys, or did they just place it there? He was quickly pulled from his thoughts when his quad leader touched his shoulder to let him know it was time to go.
As they headed across the water back to the safety of the village Ranase ran next to him. “I felt something weird get next to you while you were meditating, it was like the feeling of chakra, but not from a human, I think it was a spirit, but I don’t know how I would summarize it.” He said as they ran with a confused look, “What happened?”.
Taichi looked at his friend quizzically. “You felt that? I heard a voice tell me I had the spirit of the monkey, but I don’t know what or who it was that said it. I don’t think I imagined it.” Taichi shrugged as they finished their conversation. The rest of the trip back to the research and development building was uneventful minus Suman tripping and falling face-first into the water. “I thought shinobi were supposed to have grace.” Ranase would holler at his friend in jest.
When they arrived at the research and development building, they got a standing ovation. The entire building was alighted with glee. The three executives motioned the squad into conference room three for their debrief. “Very well done,” Yama said as she clenched her hands and shook them with excitement. “You did extraordinary out there. We just have to know what you found out there?” She asked with an inquisitive look.
The squad leader spoke up, “Well, we were attacked by a snake after finding a lab of some sort, I’m assuming you know about it?” He looked at them trying to read their faces, “After that, we discovered the monkeys and followed them to the remaining monkeys that had fled to the island. Where we found an altar that was emanating something from it. I’ll let Taichi tell the rest of it.” He said passing the baton metaphorically to Taichi.
“Eh hem,” Taichi had to clear his throat, “I saw an inscription on the altar and decided to meditate on it. After that, I was able to find a lever that opened up a nearby chamber where the rest of the monkeys were.” He said now looking into their face and trying to read them. The way the scientists were looking at Taichi made him a little bit nervous, but he stood strong.
“Alright, we have what we need, thank you for your assistance today. We know whom to call if we need any help in the future.” Yama said as she gave a curt nod and the shinobi left the conference room.

WC: 3000
Mission rewards:
Ryo: 4000
AP: 20

Stats:
redistribute 15 from vig to str

jutsu:
devouring sphere 2500-3000=500
Cat genjutsu 1089-500= 589 left to learn exhibit A

Last edited by Taichi Yamamoto on Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiroki Shimada
Hiroki Shimada
Chunin
Chunin
Stat Page : Mementos of Noon - Hiroki Shimada
Mission Record : Hiroki's Mission Log
Living Clones : Mementos of Dawn - Hiro Shimada

Mementos of Dusk - Ki Shimada
Familiar : Shichiro
Remove Iryōjutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 150580

Monkey island Empty Re: Monkey island

Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:25 am
Hey, quick question before I approve this, how is Cat Genjutsu only 1089 to fully learn for you? If it's from it having WC previously trained into it, please include a link to where that's from.
Taichi Yamamoto
Taichi Yamamoto
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Genjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 500

Monkey island Empty Re: Monkey island

Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:34 pm
Edited