Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Breakaway (exit)Today at 3:47 pmMegami KuogaSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Big Blood
Living Clones : Zidane
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 25000

A Crazy Story [P. Souji] Empty A Crazy Story [P. Souji]

Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:36 pm
A Crazy Story:

Today had been a day Guren had anticipated for awhile. A day of meetings, and beginnings. A day of pain, and sober memories. One that would tell the tale of two shinobi, facing different paths in life and the actions they would take to overcome it. Guren had already received word from his messenger vulture sent from Suikai that the liberated Souji had returned to Sunagakure. Yet this hardly a glorious day. As good the news was about Souji's return, rumors and speculations stated that the man had come alone. To Guren's dismay, this would imply that Ibari was not with him. The Third sat at his desk, leaned back with his hands upon his arm rest, speculating on what became of his friend. Did he in fact desert Sunagakure? The fact that Souji was back meant that the former ANBU did indeed recover him from Kirigakure, but at what cost? His own life? Guren's mind ran amuck as the different scenarios flickered through his mind. The more he thought on it, the more tense he grew.

It was until Jasmine, the receptionist on the first floor of the Spire, telepathically communicated to Guren that his chain of thoughts was broken. 

"Lord Third, Souji has just entered the Spire. I've already sent him up to your office...He's alone.."

Guren did not vocalize a response other than a grunt of acknowledgement. "Hm," his thought conveyed to the woman, whom did not bother to press on any further. She had heard this sound before, all too reminiscent of a frustrated or a deep in thought Guren. Either way, she did not wish to push the envelope. 

The Third, still in his chair within the top floor of the Spire, raised one hand and placed it upon his chin. His beard had grown significantly longer, along with the hair on his head. His face showed slight signs of aging, and his eyes carried a level of maturity and seriousness that they had not before. Though things had been looking up for his own personal life and the status of Sunagakure, the reality of losing Ibari had finally been settling it. There was no more wondering if even one of his three lost friends would be returning. They were all gone. And all that was left to do was to hear how he met his fate from the words of Souji himself. Nevertheless, Guren felt a twinge of relief knowing that The Second's son had been safe and back in his home. And as Guren stretched his passive chakra sensory out to just outside of his office, he'd finally note the incoming signature. It was young, yet fierce. And it carried a degree of suffering with it; something Guren had known all too well. Perhaps his words to Zaine and Raleth had carried some weight to them. For this was not the signature of an immature, inexperienced genin. This felt much more pronounced and burdened. And as the footsteps finally approached the closed doors of his office, before Souji even got the opportunity to knock Guren would inadvertently channel the demeanor of one of his predecessors and call out "Enter!"

WC = 526
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen
Ryo : 0

A Crazy Story [P. Souji] Empty Re: A Crazy Story [P. Souji]

Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:39 pm
A balled fist, hesitated at the surface of a massive door. His presence was already made aware of, this was confirmed as the voice behind the door called out for him to enter. The fist and arm of the Hyuuga would lower to his side. Looking down to his feet, he would assume that it was his footsteps that gave him away. Something to be mindful of in the future. No, there was no malice intent, Souji just preferred not to be easily notice. 

Before entering, the boy would stare at the door, the voice behind it was not familiar to him. Another nail in the coffin - clarifying to him that Mizuki was no longer the Kazekage. Yet, something within him told him to discard any notion that this is a dream. 

Souji would push at the door, opening it and entering. The boy that Guren was expecting to find was but a boy in a man’s body. Standing at 6 feet exact. A slim-muscular build, well defined - not the body you would expect to be in the possession of boy. Tattoos painted the body, from the hands to the shoulders, the back, the neck, the chest and abdomen and even the legs and feet. He wore no shirt, but he wore black fitting martial arts pants. Martial arts slippers and a red rope around his neck. A head full of long, black hair that reached to his calfs. A black eyepatch around his right eye, while the other eye was violet. 

The expression on his face was stoic, nonchalant. White and silver wisps of flames manifested and danced about his head visibly. The look that he delivered to the man sitting before him was one of observation. Keenly, he scanned the man over, approaching the desk, stopping a meter before it. He could see that there was a look of many thoughts running rampant on the face of the man. What he couldn’t decided is if it was because of Ibari, Souji’s return, or the fact that the village seemingly abandoned him to Kiri.

Yo.” He spoke, his demeanor matching his expression. 
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:02 pm
As the door to his office swung open, Guren would raise his head slightly to look upon the frame of the shinobi storming into his office. He was not the boy that he had once been, proven from his physical stature. It appeared as if his time in Kiri's captivity had forced his body to develop further. Guren had no comparison between what Souji had left the village as, versus what he stood before him as, since he had never met him. Nevertheless he could tell that this shinobi had gained some experience. Valuable, not only for himself but for Sunagakure as well.

The way a man walked told a lot about him and of his past. And clearly, Souji had a level of either frustration or pain about him. Guren could relate to this too, yet he still expected a level of mutual respect between Souji and himself. Nevertheless, Guren would not move from his seat nor would his posture shift. The single word greeting was simple, yet expected from the Hyuuga. And though Guren bore no animosity towards him, he exchanged no level of pleasantries. There was no tea, no warm welcome, as everything that the two needed to discuss could be categorized as grim.

"Souji, I am Guren Chinoike, Third Kazekage following Mizuki's departure. I had sent Ibari to recover you from Kirigakure shortly after I took office. I thought this would take little time considering the Mizukage willingly granted us access to retrieve you. While I am glad to see you here in one piece, I wonder what became of Ibari, and did his fate result in your delayed return?"

Guren was forward and to the point. There was no reason to beat around the bush, or ask Souji how he had been. The Third understood that Souji was likely a prisoner, and faced number hardships that Guren himself could not relate to. But there were more pressing issues to address.

WC = 325. TWC = 851
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:50 pm
What Souji felt, was more than just pain and anger, to be fair, he wasn’t sure of how to categorize it. But what he was certain of was one thing. The man that sat before him was not deserving of this detrimental emotions, and he will not unleash them upon him. 

Standing within that room was nostalgic, Souji took his time as he took in the memories this room once had for him. From when he wound sneak in to bring lunch to Mizuki to when he would use his Byakugan to spy on her from their home just to make sure she was alright. Even to the point of being somewhat afraid to use it whenever Kenshin was standing in the room, capable of detecting when Souji was snooping. It all filled him with warm feelings. Feelings that seemed fleeting. 

It was time to get straight to the point. Finally, someone saw Souji for more than just the child he was and as a capable shinobi. No need for coddling words or dancing exchanges. Souji always despised that. 

Guren Chinoike? Never heard of you. But…you have my thanks for seeing to my retrieval. Although I find it safe presume that we both know who I was expecting to be at the head of that rescue.” The Hyuuga would move forward, taking a seat at one of the two chairs that are normally placed on the opposite side of the Kage’s seat. “Im sure you did. To me, it felt like an eternity. But it wasn’t all too bad. I learned some valuable life lessons within their confinement.” 

Ibari…is dead. No, it wasn’t at the hands of Kiri. Upon his arrival to collect me, he did just that. It was there that he gave me a hint to Mizuki’s disconnect of the village. I was expecting to return to Sunagakure, only for us to Teleport to Hoshigakure boarders under his command. There we met up with Kirigakure’s former Mizukage, Kizmaru and his right hand, Keita. Upon studying the situation more closely I learned that the two Kirigakure shinobi branched off from their village to mount an assault on Hoshigakure. To my surprise, Ibari was there to do the same. But his reasoning was connected to a conversation that he and Uncle Kenshin shared in the past. Kizmaru would hire us as mercenaries for his cause. Ibari accepted and I was in no way going to refuse my superior’s command. I informed them that Hoshigakure’s Kage and I are blood related. For whatever that was worth, if I’m on their side, then he would be a fierce opponent to best. Kizmaru and Keita both died in one fell swoop. Before I knew it I felt as if I was sitting back row to my own actions. Somehow, I’m not sure, but I felt as if I played a part in Keita’s death. I could feel it. The moment those two died things turn sour. We had to escape. But Ibari gave me cover as he aimed to draw their attention. I believe he was attempting suicide in a way that would take them with him. But it was debilitated by one of them which lead to his death. But I managed to get away.

He would take a breath, attentively reading the facial expressions to learn the surfacing thinking and possibly subconscious ticks that reveal what Guren was thinking about all of this. 
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:27 am
Hearing Souji's opening remarks about his lack of recognition of Guren made the Third a tad annoyed. That was the exact reason why he told Souji who he was, because truthfully neither of the men knew each other. But in any case, he'd go on to comment on who Souji expected to see rescue him. His mother. And as she had left behind the Sand Village, that was not something that was in the cards for Souji. The further comments from Souji regarding Ibari, and what ensued after the former ANBU had picked him up, where frustrating. Yet they were partially to be expected. Guren, having not heard from Ibari in quite a long time, had assumed the man to be dead. His sudden departure following Kenshin's suicide ultimately ended up in his own suicide. But why did he ally himself with former Kirigakure shinobi? From the sounds of it, this had been the same Mizukage that Kenshin himself had attempted to assassinate. So what was the angle?

Guren was confused, as none of the motive made sense. But perhaps it was rooted in whatever the conversation between Kenshin and Ibari had. In any case, Guren let out a sigh and raised his right hand so his elbow was propped up on the arm rest, and his fingers lied on his temple. He'd shift his weight slightly to his right, and continued to maintain his calm expression while exchanging stares with Souji. If Souji had been trying to monitor his body language, he'd likely fail to read Guren. His adjustment of himself was purely out of comfort, as he figured that this discussion would continue for more time than he originally thought.

Upon Souji concluding his debriefing, Guren took a minute to reflect on the matter and what it would mean. There was a moment of silence, partially to pay tribute to the fallen Ibari. Guren would break this silence with his own response. 

"Quite a situation. Did Ibari reveal the details of this conversation with Kenshin? Lord First originally hailed from Hoshigakure, but I don't understand why his final wishes may have compelled his right hand to ally with...our enemy, to strike a village who our own had neutrality with. I understand you were acting out of an order, but that was no order of Sunagakure. Ibari admitted to me he was leaving our village, shortly after Kenshin's suicide and Mizuki's departure....Those are two subjects we will discuss later, but first we need to undress this situation with Hoshigakure. Before Ibari left, he swore to bring you back to Sunagakure. Now I suppose those were his secondary motives, and his primary intentions were to carry out Kenshin's will independently of Sunagakure. Did Hoshigakure identify you or Ibari as Sunagakure shinobi? Or did they identify the Kirigakure shinobi?"

Guren would take a moment to think on how to approach this subject, seeing as it may be sensitive for the Hyuuga. The grip upon his forehead would tighten, simply out of frustration with how complicated the situation had continuously developed. It was like Guren inherited a series of problems from those that preceded him. And for a newly liberated Souji to immediately be commanded to attack a village...how infuriating. Guren mentally kicked himself, as he knew that he should have gone to Kirigakure himself to recover Mizuki's son. At least he wouldn't have been involved in this attack on Hoshigakure. And he scolded himself internally for allowing Ibari to leave. It had been a transitional period, where Guren was only just entering the seat of Kazekage, when Mizuki and Ibari left and Kenshin died. He felt out of control. But perhaps he should have been more active at the time, and at least tried to stop these events from happening. But he couldn't deal in hypotheticals. For now, he had to focus on the present and the future. And at least Souji had made it safely to Sunagakure.

WC = 657. TWC = 1508
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:54 pm
Ibari? Revealing details from a conversation held by him and Kenshin? That’s a reach. But I understand why you would ask that, even though you know he wouldn’t under normal circumstances.” Souji would adjust himself to sit more comfortably in the chair. Crossing his right foot over his left thigh as he leaned back more, being hugged by the chair itself. It was news to him to find out that Kenshin was a former Hoshigakure shinobi. So now it brings more questions that he wasn’t even sure that Guren himself had the answers for. How could he, he was questioning him about Ibari acting on Kenshin’s final wishes to attack Hoshi. It didn’t add up. 

Shaking his head. “There is not connection that I can see. Even with what you just mentioned, you answered your own concerns, I would think. Uncle Kenshin wasn’t a coward, he was the embodiment of fearless with the power to match. I’m not so sure, but I believe that he could have single-handedly attack and won against Hoshi if he wanted to. That being said, their standing was of his whim when he was alive. Think about it, someone that powerful leaving Hoshi and they don’t come after him? Either they were afraid, or they had a good standing, maybe reasonable standing at best. Not to mention, not too long ago Ayato sat before Mizu with Kenshin there as the mediator. No spilled milk came from that. I would think they Ibari’s decision to launch an attack on Hoshi, at the side of Kiri shinobi were of his own freedom. Ibari is quiet, but he’s also passionate. He’s ambitious and capable as well. From what I gathered. He knew his limits and those Kiri shinobi were his best chance at doing what he believed to be right in honor of Kenshin.” He would say, scratching the back of his head as she pondered more on the thought. 

Its hard not to recognize someone like Kizmaru and Keita. Especially if you have the Byakugan. But as far as Ibari, I don’t believe so. They moved about him with some degree of caution, I gather they weren’t sure of whom they were dealing with. As far as me…I’ll say it again. It’s hard not to recognize the son of Mizuki Ohta and relative of Ayato Hyuuga. But…Ayato allowed me to leave, preventing their pursuit of me. I have to say, it was an odd moment. I’m not one bit pleased by a Hyuuga coming to my rescue, but at the same time…I believe I know why, or rather I know and he doesn’t know.” Puzzling end of his sentence. What exactly did Souji mean by that, it was more complex than it came off. 
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:44 am
As Souji undressed the situation at hand, seeming to debunk the concept that Ibari was sent by Kenshin, Guren pondered these remarks a bit more. No matter what way it was spun, the situation didn't really add up. He couldn't conceptualize Ibari's motives, nor justify his actions. it was a strange time to be kazekage, when some of the actions of shinobi and former shinobi were questionable at best. Though he had respect for the former Anbu, he just didn't get it. Nor would he try to. The only people capable of explaining this were dead. In any case at least it was good that Hoshigakure didn't seem to widely recognize Ibari, yet still knowing of Souji being in the attacking force would likely accessorize Sunagakure. It was a shame, yet Guren maintained his composure. Standing from his chair, he'd walk himself over to the corner of the room adjacent to where his tea and coffee makers had been. Propping his back against the wall, he'd fold his arms and think more on the situation. 

"Strange that he allowed you to leave, though I'm sure the Star Village and its people would be seeking some level of retribution. I see a couple of different ways to proceed, and for the moment I'll keep those to myself until I decide on the path forward. In the meantime, I'd like to discuss another topic at hand. Your mother. When Mizuki returned from the Tea Summit, she seemed even less of herself than what she had been. She closed off the village, and spoke to me behind closed doors. Her desire was to leave the village, along with some pupil of hers. Though I disagreed and argued on the subject, she stripped me of my title. I considered challenging her, right then and there for the seat of Kazekage and to physically prevent her from departing, but out of the friendship and respect I had for her I abstained from doing so. When she left, I claimed Kazekage, and began a focus on continuing my work as deputy kage and developing our shinobi. As well as rebuilding our structure from the way it formerly was. There had been gossip amongst the borders of Sunagakure, which has compelled me to considering sending scouts out to investigate there along with the countries that border us. However I have yet to issue the pursuit of the Second. Out of respect to your relationship with her, I wanted to brief you on her status and get your thoughts on the matter."

Guren's voice was calm, and analytical as he gazed as Souji while leaning against the wall. He was sure that the Hyuuga would be frustrated, but his reaction would be something of particular interest to the Third. As Guren alluded, he had been looking to repair the shinobi hierarchy in the Sand Village. And seeing as Souji had been the most trusted genin prior to his departure, and returned with a great deal of experience, Guren would be a fool to overlook his candidacy. However his composure and behavior were important. He did not want anyone on his team that was too hotheaded or impulsive. Sunagakure had enough of that, and it was time for Guren to put an end to it. Every movement that the Sand Village would take would need to be calculated from now on. But also, he was curious to see if Zaine and Raleth's commentary on Souji were true. They seemed to speak ill of his temper and level of self-control. Guren took it with a grain of salt though, and figured it would be best to decide for himself.

WC = 609. TWC = 2117
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:02 pm
Yeah…Souji felt that this conversation was inevitable. After all, he was the surrogate son to the former Kazekage, Mizuki. But before he could handle that, he would first communicate with Guren on the matter of Ayato allowing him to leave. Souji would close his eye, deeply sighing. The world felt still, hush, allay. His mind hollow…quiet…occupied by another. Irrigate, almost inundating in size. A cadence of swells disturbed the tranquility of the stark. Steps, footsteps echoed - proclaiming a mirrored version of Souji, prior to his current state. Kaze was his name, Kaze was the subconscious of Souji, all see and all knowing. He was there before and after. He held the truth, he held the pieces to the puzzle that Souji knew he did not. The boys, the personas developed a collegial relationship. One that Souji is still coming to terms with. “Coming to me, now? Willingly, at that. To what do I owe this visit…Souji?” Acrimoniously he jabbed. Knowing full well the reason why they were having this conference. 

Souji, serenely did not respond, only gave a lax gaze. Silence filled the space between them, it choked the mood. “I need for you to talk to Guren, for me. And I believe that you know why.” Mystified, Kaze raised a brow, taken back by the proposal. His violet eyes would dance over the frame of Souji, evaluating thoroughly. “You would run the risk of him, no, all of them to view you, US, as unhinged? Are you sure that you are capable of managing that?” The shadow impugned. But he soon saw that Souj’s mind was already made up. Scuffing, Kaze would turn his head from the Hyuuga. “Whatever, but don’t come crying to me when it begins to become too much.” Sentence trailed off into an echo. 

Eye opened, Kaze leaned forward in his chair. Modifying his entire sitting position. He glanced over to Guren, his expression was cold. Guren would soon find an undeniable shift in Souji’s tone, the very cadence of his speech - more honed and eerie, a touch of confidence. “Why would Ayato let ‘us’ go, that is a good question. Perhaps, one could blame his undying obligation to those of his blood. That’s one way of thinking about it. Or, or perhaps it’s something else, something more. Perhaps he knows what ‘I’, me, not Souji, me knows. And if that’s the case, than he’s due more credit than being a pretty face with an army of brainwashed fools. Perhaps he knows that he and ‘we’ are not merely cousins. Perhaps…, he learned that his father, is also ‘our’ father.” Bursting in an uncannily laughter, the mere unraveling of reality was too ridiculous and amusing. But it made sense. All these years, Souji never understood why his mean ole dad hated him. How he despised him. It was because he knew that his mother had softness for their true father. What’s more, Souji believe his father to still be alive, but Kaze’s persona took over, blocked Souji out and killed their “dad”. Replacing the memories and urging Souji to run from the leaf. Kaze couldn’t contain his laughter.

Relaxing himself, regaining his composure he would address the second part of the discussion. “Mizuki did that to you? And you still considered her worthy of your respect and friendship? I commend you on that, Guren. I can call you Guren, right? I’ll tell you what, between you and me. I never liked, nor trusted that woman. She’s heartless, manipulative, narcissistic, passively aggressive with an odd trace of impulsiveness. She barely knows who she is, or who she wasn’t the world to know her as. She’s lost, more so than ‘we’ are. She doesn’t know what love is. Not by it’s definition, anyway. To her it’s not a feeling of unconditional adorations and affections. It’s tools, and strings and puppets. Those that she comes to ‘love’ are the same ones she eventually turns her back on and leave behind. I guess that means you and Souji are victimized kin. If you want ‘my’ honest opinion on the matter, I’ll give it to you. Take a page out of her book and leave those you once shared smiles and ties too in the past. And never look back.” Gratingly put, Kaze held back nothing of how he truly get about her. Perhaps it was how Souji felt as well, but did not have the courage to utter for himself. One thing was clear, he did not subconsciously interject with anything that was being said. 
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:41 am
His eyes never left Souji's figure, and as the genin sat in silence momentarily collecting his thoughts, his body language almost made it seem as if he had some type of internal conflict. A single one of his eyebrows would raise in response, as he carefully studied Souji's signature. He seemed to maintain the same body and same chakra flow. Yet when he would speak out again, his dialogue differed tremendously from the one he had previously spoken to. At first observation, Guren mentally related this phenomenon to Kushimaru's demeanor, who seemed to speak with two voices at once. Yet this wasn't mutual, it seemed as if this second person had seemed to grab ahold of the "light". Guren quelled his thoughts momentarily, and listened to the words that Souji had spoken. Most of it was mere speculation, and sounded like a sort of monologue. But towards the end, he seemed to allude to the guess that him and Ayato could be brothers. Guren's eyes closed for a second, sighing internally, before flickering back open and refocusing on Souji. Things had gotten so complicated.

And as Souji digressed into a maniacal laughter, Guren watched idly by waiting for him to finish. What was with the characters of Sunagakure and having multiple personas and monikers? Mizuki Ohta, and Kyuketsuki. This new Kushimaru fellow. And now Souji? One could even argue that Kenshin followed a similar trend, with his different aliases. Guren just watched in concern as Souji continued on with his fit of laughter, refraining from showing any bit of judgement on the matter. Yet his consideration for promoting Souji was now met with a bit of reluctance. He wanted stable minds in positions of power. Not to say someone with multiple personalities wasn't stable, but the Third was simple unsure of how he felt at this point. But one thing was for sure: his face was stone cold. Nothing had been funny to him.

Then came the subject of the Second. It began with Souji commenting on all that was wrong with the woman. He suggested that Guren leave her in his past, which was something that the Third had been debating previously. But it was interesting to hear Souji's take on it. When he concluded, Guren would take a moment to respond while still posted up on the wall.

In response to Souji's question of Guren calling the woman his friend, he'd simply start with, "What I thought then, and what I think now are two different things. Her and I had a competitive rivalry and we could trust each other. Yet that was broken. My stance on her now is undecided at best. And as you've suggested, I've been inclined to leave her alone. My concern though, is if her or Arantima do anything to compromise Sunagakure's integrity. They could be information leaks, and could plot against the village. And that would be the only reason why I myself would pursue them. But I'd generally agree with your analysis. I guess I'll need to think more on my desired course of action. There are some within our walls who have admitted to wanting to find her out, though their intentions once they would...are not clear to me."

Guren's allusion was a comment towards Zaine and Raleth's resolve. Though they wanted to track the woman down, he was unsure of what exactly they would do if given that opportunity. Their original allegiance was sworn to Sunagakure when Mizuki was Kazekage, and each of them had some level of personal relationship with her. He didn't want to accuse them, but he could see how a conflict of interest could present itself. In any case, he was not really worried on the matter. Should someone seek the Second out without his approval, he'd stop them. Simple as that. 

"So what's next for you, Souji? Or whoever I am speaking to."

WC = 649. TWC = 2766
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:58 pm
You mean Zaine and Raleth…don’t you?” It was like a flip of a switch, one that Souji seemingly had at his whim, his command. The cadence of the voices reverted back to Souji, his calm, levelheaded and analytical tone of air followed. “I saw their chakras when I returned outside of the gates. I was looking my mo- Mizuki. I guess old habits tend to die hard after all.” He smiled gently, sadly. Standing from his seat, making his way to the opposite end of the room. Figuring it was safe to do so while maintaining the same tone of speech due to the openness of the room. Their voice should travel. “How are they, if I can ask such a question. Zaine and I share a bond, he’s like a father to me. Perhaps his love for Mizuki runs deeper than that of my own. Hard to say nowadays. And Raleth and I share a love for fighting. I owe him an apology actually. During the last Chunin exams in Hoshi I sort of put his head through a few boulder. Haven’t spoken to him since. At any case, I’m sure that their input is just as important as mine, perhaps even more so. Those two knew the best and worst of Mizuki. I guess that means you did too.” 

The voice of the Hyuuga would tail off towards the last few words of his sentence. The man would shake the many regretful thoughts from his head as he re-establish eye contact with Guren. The question of what’s next for him came up. It was a good question. “All I know is how to be a shinobi. Tried my hand at being a son, more than once and even that didn’t pan out for me. So seeing how being a ninja that’s still breathing, I guess I’m pretty good at that. I’ll continue to do my part here, this is my home. I just ask that you send word to Kirigakure of what took place in Hoshi. It’s the least that I can do for them. They should be ready for if or when Hoshi retaliates. In the meantime, I’ll learn to better control the flames of Soulfire and find a way to boaster out defenses.” The Hyuuga would turn his head to gaze outside of the window. 

The village seemed so small from this view. So vulnerable, yet precious all at the same time. He never knew this was the view that each Kazekage had to take in. Perhaps now he understood why she was always stuck inside of this office. Eager to protect something bigger than just him…maybe? 

He would wait for the next thing that Guren had to say. Sure that it would be important, the man was hard to read, even with his practice. But he was certain that what he says would be worthwhile, in the little time of their exchange the man spoke with truth and impactful information. Souji would be a fool to simply ignore his words. 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum