Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Here We GoToday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayToday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Today at 2:32 pmAmikiri GuhinBreakaway (exit)Today at 2:31 pmAyato HyuugaA toughtfull momentToday at 2:30 pmAyato HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 2:30 pmAyato HyuugaEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Today at 2:29 pmAyato HyuugaA Dark Mark, The Fourth ShotToday at 2:28 pmAyato HyuugaMeeting the OutsiderToday at 2:28 pmAyato HyuugaOld and NewToday at 2:27 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
ShibataNara
ShibataNara
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Iryōjutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : N/A
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 5500

[Mission] Shibata catches a thief Empty [Mission] Shibata catches a thief

Sat May 09, 2020 8:59 pm
Mission Name: Catch the Thief
Type: Search
Character Requirements: Genin or higher
Mission Location:Konoha
Word Count Requirements:1000
Repeatable?Yes
NPC?N/A
Reward: 1000 Ryo

Task: Someone has stolen various items from people around Konoha. The Hokage has tasked young ninja with catching and stopping the thief from stealing anymore, whether by words or physical means.

Shibata had been burnt out by that last mission. C rank seemed a bit taxing on him for his current skill level, and the lazy Nara would not want to go on another like mission so soon. He was glad that he could have helped a troubled genin, but he thought it best he stick to a normal escalation of things. He should start with E rank missions, which he already had done, then move on to D rank. After he started to get comfortable with D rank, Shibata would escalate to  knocking out a couple C ranks and that is about where the Genin thought he would stop, he thought that would be his cap. Ambition beyond that point  seemed out of reach for the young Rebel Heart, but, as time would later show, he would continue. The shinobi would knock out his C ranks then continue on his path of escalation, taking on B ranks, then A ranks, and one day, S ranks; but for today, he was going to finish his first D rank.

As the exhausted Shibata climbed out of bed, finally committing to waking up, he noticed again that his dad was absent, having already gone into the village. After fixing himself something to eat to break the fast of the night before, he brushed his teeth, threw on his jacket, and walked his way on out of there, reaching the path to get into the village. The young Nara clan member had grown so accustomed to following this path, he started being able to traverse it almost thoughtlessly, allowing his mind to wander as he meandered through the dirt road into the village proper.

He stepped through the gates of the village and went to the mission center to both collect his weekly stipend and start his next mission. As he approached the window to claim this ryo, he found quite a few disgruntled shinobi of varying ranks yammering on about something that became clear when he saw a sign posted. “ALL STIPENDS TAXED 100% BY ORDER OF KIRIGAKURE” Shibata didn’t much care about the money itself, what he did care about, however, was that it was his, and it was being taken away. Having his stipend ripped away from him like that set ablaze his temper but, he washed it away knowing that the best way to beat them would be to triumph in the face of this absurd tax, so he went to the mission board, and with this determination picked up the first D rank mission he could find.

“Thief on the Loose, need assistance in capture,” read the title of the mission. It’s just a D-rank, thought Shibata, It can’t be all that difficult, and as he read it, the mission showed itself not to be, in fact, that difficult. A local merchant of weapons reported that several kunai and shuriken had been going missing, each one at a time, every evening at about four for the past five days, and it’s getting to the point where, with the extreme taxes imposed by Kirigakure, his business may have to close if this type of behavior continues, and the man owning the business wouldn’t be able to provide for his family. The reward offered is only to just get this person to stop, with a heartfelt thank you offered as an additional incentive should the kunai and the kunai be recovered.

After reading through the dossier on the mission, the Rebel Heart decided to further investigate, and went to the man that lodged the complaint’s shop. He strutted up to the counter in his usual attire, causing the man to think that he was nothing but trouble, but then the younger Nara clan member opened up his mouth. “Hey, I’m here to help you catch a thief, says here the thief comes here every evening at 4 and takes just one, is that correct?” Shibata said.

Now more calm, knowing this was not, in fact, a trouble maker, but instead someone who wished to solve his problems, the shop keeper answered excitedly, “Why yes, every single day these past five days at approximately four o’clock.”

“And what exactly are you up to during this time?” Shibata asked.

“Well handling customers, I run a busy shop and the thief always seems to take one of my finely crafted weapons while I’m not looking, busy with another customer,” spoke the business owner, maintaining an aura of sleeziness that only the greediest of merchants can.

After letting out a big sigh, Shibata spoke up. “Okay,” he said, “Here is the plan. I am going to tie a wire to a kunai and leave it in plain sight at ten till four, for the thief to steal and when he does, I’ll be able feel the tug on the kunai, and trace the culprit down, stopping them just outside the store where he can get reprimanded by yourself after I catch him.”

“That sounds good,” spat out the shopkeep from his beak shaped mouth, “Just one caviat, you’ll have to bring your own kunai, after all my business is suffering and it can’t bear to take that burden, think  of my children?”

Shibata let out yet another sigh as he looked around the bustling shop that was very obviously doing well off, but he was not in the mood for an argument. “You know what, yeah sure, I’ve got you on this,  we can just use my kunai,” the angered Nara passed through his gritted teeth.

Shibata felt sort of shameful about the whole ordeal, helping out some big wig with their minor problem when he could be doing something truly impactful with the village. He sat there and waited for the hours to pass as he twiddled the wire around in his fingers, with the occasional smoke break outside where he would chill out and watch the clouds. As the time ran, Shibata quickly pieced together some ideas of who it could be, specifically regarding the time, and the ametuer level of the thief. The Nara clan member was no stranger to burglary and had, on many occasions, engaged in the process of shoplifting and petty theft, stealin countless cartons of cigarettes in his time, but he had grown smart about it, he knew what not to do and what best to do to guarantee that the thief in question don’t get caught, and better yet that they won’t even look for you. 

Eventually the time came, it was quarter till four when Shibata started getting ready, tying the wire around the kunai and setting a path for it out of the way of anyone, but  hidden enough, to where he would be sitting. After five minutes passed, he put down the kunai and kept up watch, waiting for anyone to come by. The next ten minutes passed uneventfully, until a kid stepped inside, still in the academy by the look of things, and slicked over to the table where the kunai was placed, picking it up, before looking both ways and dashing out of the store with it. Bingo, thought Shibata, coupled with an afterthought of, Damn, just a kid? Seeing the kid run out he chased after him, pulling back on the thread to cause the kunai to come back to him after he got outside. The kid turned around as Shibata made the sign of the rat, making his shadow extend, using the flying kunai to extend the range his imitation jutsu could reach, and catching the kid. “Shadow imitation jutsu, complete.”

The boy stood completely still for a second, here Shibata could see all. He saw the boys puffed out pockets with jagged edges. The boy had this shocked look on his face and, after the Rebel Heart caught the kunai, began to be compelled to walk forward as the man to his mirror walked towards him. As the two got close, the elder vagabond spoke, “So, you're just a kid huh? Let this be a lesson then I guess, if you’re gonna steal, you gotta steal right. Why are you stealing these weapons anyway?”

The young wannabe heister looked startled for a second by the openness of the man opposite him, but then opened up himself up, telling the veteren of the two, “It’s… it’s because my dad said that after the Kiri tax he can’t afford to keep buying me new practice weapons, but I need to keep getting better, and I keep busting the ones I have, so I don’t know what else to do.”

Shibata let out his third sigh of  the day as he opened his mouth to school the youngster, “Okay, you want to keep this up, you got to be sustainable, never go to the same place two days in a row, and if you can, don’t even go to the same place twice in a week, you hear? When you take stuff, make sure it’s just one thing that won’t be missed, they’ll just write it off as a miscount and you’ll get away with it scott free? You got that?”

“Oh, thanks mister, I never thought of it like that, will do. Any more advice?”  asked the kid, maybe just 4 or 5 years Shibata’s younger.

“Two actually,” the Rebel Heart Responded, “One, if you get caught, own up to it, makes you look like less of a bitch.”

“And two?” interrupted the youngin.

“Stay away from this shop,” said Nara as he let his shadow drop before punching the genin to be in the gut and bringing him into the shop by the collar.

As he stepped into the shop, ruffian in tow, he told the shopkeeper “You won’t be seeing this thief around  any more, I made sure of that.”

“Thank you, so kind to apprehend the criminal, on the subject of recovering the lost goods?” piped up the pig who disguised himself as a common shopkeeper. In response to this, Shibata merely shook the kid and let the weapons stored in his pockets hit the floor. After this the shopkeep let out a “Thank you, a thousand times thank you. How can I ever repay you?”

“Well you can start by paying me,” the Rebel Heart snidely remarked. And so the man did, and Shibata left that day more money in his pocket, but with an additional thing riding along with him. A fermented anger, bottled up with building pressure ready to explode, but not today. Someday, someday soon, that bottle will break, and with that fracture will come the anger of Shibata. Today was not that day, however, and soon after he left, after approximately a chewing out’s worth of time, the boy left the shop as well.

Shibata returned to the hunting lodge with this bottled up anger and set to bed, wishing to try his best to repress this rage until the time was right. Shibata didn’t know when, but he knew at some point he might very well need this anger, as it appeared warring with Kirigakure was becoming more and more likely, and his rage would prove quite the asset should that war come.

WC: 1,861
MISSION COMPLETE
1100 Ryo
Using https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t44673-mission-shibata-as-a-good-influence
2.5k/2.5k Shadow Sewing Technique
619/2.5k Shadow Clone Jutsu
1800/1800 for 9 points worth of Chakra

Last edited by ShibataNara on Sun May 10, 2020 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Primrose Uchiha
Primrose Uchiha
Chunin
Chunin
Stat Page : Primmys Stats
Genjutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : EMS