Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Breakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mi Stats
Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 35000

A Promise Kept [P] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Promise Kept [P]

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:38 pm
He wouldn't have time to respond to saya's request for tea before Yurei's genjutsu took hold of him, and the entire world would seem to fade away. His stomach dropped at the feel of it, in a way similar to what ones stomach would feel like if they where to be going down a violent roller coaster. Genjutsu made him nauseous. Then the black too would subside and give way to an unfamiliar setting, with unfamiliar people.

The scene that took place afterwards was nothing short of disturbing, Komon bore witness to Yurei's aspirations, and thus too his patricide. The jounin who had seen so much death, now witnessed more and he hated every minute of it. He'd already felt the loss of his own parents, and now he had to watch his friend lose his.

Before he could even react however, Yurei would move onto the next tragedy, and Damon's father fell, to an angry mob and and an uncontrollable fire. The death was senseless, born of hatred and serving no purpose. There was nothing Komon despised more.

For a moment he forgot he was in a genjutsu, and he made an attempt to douse the flames before common sense came back to him, and Yurei ripped him into another flashback. A strange boy and a cover up, the village deeming not to let the boys death be a public matter, and even going so far as to hide it from his loved ones.

If Komon had been Yurei, and Akio had been Komori, hoshigakure would be a pile of rubble for hiding his death. He'd curse under his breath before he saw the final heartbreaking scene, where Yureis own mother turned against him.

The idea of ones mother feeling nothing but hatred for their son was heartbreaking. His own mothers death had tortured him as a child, but this, this was too much for even him. Thankfully Yurei's spell over him would finally subside, and the familiar sight of Saya's office would come back to him.

He'd breath deeply upon release, gasping for air before taking a step back. Still processing all that had just happened, While Yurei spoke further. He protested that he was not looking for sympathy or pity, but rather hoping to make Komon understand.

Admittedly, there request for refuge made much more sense to Komon at the moment. "Ok..." He'd pause, thinking about what to do next. "You two will stay at my apartment, under the watch of me and my brother Komori" His anger had faded, and he'd speak.

"For what its worth, I'm sorry about the circumstances that brought you here. But I have to say, it's good to see you again Yurei. And it's nice to meet you... Damon?"

The last part phrased in a question, not entirely sure he had gotten the name right.

And now that he was free to move as he pleased, he'd take the cup of tea from saya, "Thank you"

WC: 1794
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Oni
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:21 pm
The Uchiha could feel his hands trembling on the armrests. It was a subtle rattle. Each vision, each memory, everything that Komon saw he shared in. He had to remember. It was fresh, as if it had just happened. It had felt so…

So real.

Yurei took a noticeably deep breath, reaching out for the tea Saya had granted him. His hand shook as he took hold of the handle, the porcelain cup clanking against the plate. The brown mixture swirled and twisted in the cup like waves crashing against the warm sand. He took another breath, closing his eyes and trying to quell his shaking. Water lined his eyelids and ran down the corner of his eyes, saturating his kimono as they fell from the curvature of his alabaster face. He took up his sleeve, wiping the silk across his face as he brought the cup to his white lips, taking a sip - the vapor softly kissing his face.

When Komon spoke again, recovering from his vision, Yurei nodded, smiling lightly. It was the first good news that had reached his ears in a long time. “I’m hoping we can move freely in the village?” he said, phrasing it as a question. Regardless of the answer, Yurei would politely thank the Hyuuga, his eyes drifting to Damon with a comforting nod and smile.

"For what it’s worth, I'm sorry about the circumstances that brought you here. But I have to say, it's good to see you again, Yurei.”
Komon would say, prompting a light smile and huff of air from Yurei’s nose. “It’s good to see you again, too, Komon,” he’d reply in turn, leaning back in his chair.

The Uchiha’s hand clasped against his sword - the pommel - in rest, opposite of Komon. Yurei’s silvery eyes fell from the Hyuuga to Shinigami, the very weapon the Hyuuga had gifted him with. His eyes darted back to the Hyuuga and then to the sword once more. Slowly, he stood, walking to Komon with a smile on his face.

“When you left Hoshigakure, you gave me this…“
Yurei started, his voice distant. With a simple and elegant pull of a silk ribbon twined around his belt, Yurei released the sword from his waist, clasping the ebony shealth as it fell into his contrastly pale hand. He brought the sword to the center of his chest, just in front him, and took it into his other hand, his right grasping the dark handle, his left the sheath. The Uchiha raised Shinigami to eye level, the sword’s width and handle parallel to his silvery eyes. He unsheathed the blade, if only a few inches. The metal, from which many feel, was shadow. It paled the sheath that housed it. This was like staring into nothingness, and, almost immediately, the shaped void hissed with a blue glow, a flame cold to the touch - like ice, death for which the sword was named. Its blue flame reflected off of Yurei’s blank eyes, granting the silvery a tinge of roaring cyan. A darkness in the flame, his pupils raised from it to Komon.

The Uchiha clasped the sword shut, quenching the heatless flame and lowering it to his waist. He extended his arms out, either hand underneath the sword, and offered it to his friend. “I think it’s time I gave it back to you, Komon,” he finished.

WC: 4791
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:12 am
The feeling was mutual it appeared, good to know. One further question would be asked, and it was a request the jounin wasn't entirely sure he had the authority to grant. But he'd made up his mind on the matter, and if anyone in the village wished to contest him on it, they would have to go through him. "You have my word that no harm will come to you or your friend, for as long as you stay here... Welcome to Kumogakure"

It was funny how easily he'd forgotten the gift, considering the sentimental value it now carried. His old katana rested in the hand of a friend from long ago, and was the last of only a few memories of a friend he'd never see again. He recognized the craftsmanship easily, the deep blue blade mesmeric to the human eye. It was a beauty that only the likes of Senshi could ever hope to forge.

It was stunningly beautiful, for a weapon of war. "Th-" He'd struggle to find his voice, realizing that this was the last blade Senshi had ever forged. "Thank you" His hand would reach out, and his palm would be greeted with the satisfaction of a familiar weapon. To a warrior, no blade felt as good as one of your own, and this sword had been his through the worst of kumogakures expansion.

With both Komon's hand and Yurei's still gripping the sword, Komon's eyes would float to his. "This sword was a gift, from a friend who's...." His eyes would shift to Saya as he hesitated. "...No longer with us" His eyes would water slightly at the thought, but tears would not fall. Not here.

And with that he'd take the sword sheath and all and clip it to his waist. Before walking over to a window in Saya's office, and opening the blinds. Then he'd point down the street towards his own apartment, it was a good distance away, but it was distinct in feature, because even in the middle of summer, it still had its winter decorations up. Komon and Komori's life as the jounin of their village had allowed them no time at all to take them down.

"That apartment over there is mine, the one with the winter lights still up, Me and my brother have our own rooms on the second floor at the top of the stair case. The first floor has a guest room and a living room with a couch. You will be staying there for the time being, while I sort out things with the village" He'd say, looking to Yurei to see if he had understood, and then to damon for the same sentiment.

"If that's all there is, I'll let you and Damon settle in" He'd shift his line of sight to Saya. His anger from earlier was gone, when he had witnessed Damon and Yurei's tragedys, it had made the deception from earlier seem small in comparison.

"I'd like to have a conversation with my friend here"

WC: 2300
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:17 am
“You have my word,” Komon had said.

Yurei’s cheeks rose, defined by a smile. He knew the harsh reality of this village, what he would see. But strangely, he felt like it was home. Or perhaps these people where.

Or perhaps this would be a moment lost to time and tragedy.

The Uchiha’s eyes flickered. Komon’s reaction was more than he had expected. His eyes were watered, nearly crying. Yurei thought this a product of his genjutsu, but he quickly discovered that was not the case. He had lost someone. Someone close to him. Komon’s eyes jumped from the sword to Saya, and Yurei knew, then, that this person was close to her as well. This reuninion was more depression than the Uchiha had hoped, but that seemed to be the way of things. Still, amidst all the sadness, there was a hint of joy. It was mellow, a taste. But it was something.

Komon quickly made his way to the window, pointing out where they would be staying. Curiously, they still had festive lights on their apartments. The rundown was modest, but Yurei was far from picky. He was just grateful to have somewhere to stay. Someplace to sleep.

With that, the Hyuuga offered to spare the pair of time, allowing them to rest and settle in. It was more alluring than the Uchiha was willing to admit, but, despite his desire to stay, he needed to sleep. It ate at him like a hungry, blurring and drying his eyes.

Yurei looked to Damon, flicking his head slightly, his hair shifting over his head as if one piece. The alabaster skinned Uchiha bowed, giving his respects to both Saya and Komon with a smile, keeping his eyes on each. “Thank you. Both,” he said, standing tall and turning his shoulders to exit the hospital. Just as he stepped through the door, however, he paused, looking to the two. His eyes were thin, sympathetic, and filled with an empathetic sorrow for all that had transpired. He pursed his lips, unsure if he should continue, his eyes drifting if only momentarily. Yurei paused, exhaling through his nose. He took in a breath, opening his mouth to speak. His eyes turned to the two once more as he did so, pain echoing within his porcelain face. “What was their name?” he asked, apprehension streamed throughout his voice. It was a simply question. Hopefully not too intrusive. But he wanted to know. That was the only immortality one could truly strive for. A memory. A name.

WC: 5214
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 pm
"Senshi"

He'd pause.

"His name was Senshi Kobayashi"

The use of the word was stung him more than he had been expecting it too. Komon had already witnessed his fair of tragedy, and in the process he had learned to push it aside rather easily. But that was the thing about the death of a loved one.

It always found a way to come crashing back.

"He was not related to me, not by blood. But he was my brother"

WC: 2380
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:10 pm
Yurei, resting his hand on the door frame, simply nodded. Senshi… he repeated, driving the name into his brain, memorizing it. His lips stretched across his face in something of a smile, a line with a slight curvature and emphasized cheeks. It was a look of empathy, sympathy, one of the utmost understanding. There was so much wrong with this world. So much that needed to change.

The Uchiha wanted to reach out, tell Komon that he understood - that he knew what it was like to lose someone close.

But Komon already knew that.

Instead, Yurei parted his mouth slightly, his teeth just barely visible, as he spoke. “He was a fine bladesmith, Komon. For what’s it’s worth,” he punctuated, mirroring the Hyuuga’s sympathy. His paled eyes fixed and both Saya and Komon for a moment, then turned to Damon. “Come on,” Yurei told him, “Let’s leave them be.”

Assuming Damon exited through the door, the Uchiha would stay for only a moment. ”Thank you, Saya. Komon.” He raised his index and middle fingers, placing them just above his temple in a wave. ”We’ll be seeing you.”

Yurei shut the door behind him, sighing. It was quiet. There was a mix of emotions swelling in him now. Anger, fear, regret, dolefulness. He looked for hope within himself, but there was little. Saya, Komon, Damon, there was not much else. This place, Kumogakure, the Village Hidden in the Clouds, he knew what it was. What it bore. It wasn’t home. It could never be.

It was another mark to correct. Another necessary change, a fix.

”Don’t expect much,” Yurei uttered, walking down the hospital halls with the clank of his sandals chiming about the air. ”This village can be gruesome. At least from what I have read. But I trust Saya and Komon more than anyone in Hoshigakure.... And that’s why we’re going to fix Kumogakure too.”

WC: 5555

Claims: Damon and Komon’s Chakra Signature

5555/6000 Solar Flare

[EXIT]
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Default

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:46 pm
Alex has given me permission to gmod his character, Damon.

Saya would have been unaware of Komon’s travel through Yurei’s memories if it had not been for the shift in chakra. Her eyes flickered towards the pale Uchiha as he gathered the energy within his body and poised towards the Hyuuga with outstretched fingers. Not long after she heard the sharp intake of breath, indicating that Komon had returned. She supposed that this was more efficient in telling their tale as the jounin was quick to dole out living arrangements and some stipulations on their stay in Kumogakure.

The burden she had shouldered for a short time left her to release her own breath in relief. Not that Yurei and Damon’s call for help was a burden, but Saya was aware that she was only a genin. She had no power nor influence to keep them safe. Kumo was a place of power, after all. Those at the top could move mountains if they wanted to (politically speaking) while those at the bottom were either trampled or pulled into their schemes. Inwardly, Saya was glad that it was someone she remotely trusted to have discovered her attempt at hiding the refugees.

Once Komon had accepted her offer of tea, the girl returned to the hall table behind her desk but not without throwing a concerned look at Yurei, whose hands shook enough that his cup rattled against its plate counterpart. A movement from near the windows had the genin shifting her gaze to Damon. His eyes narrowed at the display, whether it was from worry or something else, she couldn’t tell. Still, the other man did not try to check on his friend, seemingly confident that he would pull himself together. And he did.

At the presentation of a sword, Saya found her interest piqued. As had Damon, who straightened his posture and leaned forward a little to see the exchange between Yurei and Komon. The weapon was gorgeous in her eyes as Yurei held it front of him, but the appreciative shine in her orbs dimmed. Judging from the Hyuuga’s words and actions, it was a piece of Senshi that she never managed to get to know. Jealousy and regret and guilt coursed through her just as curiosity and understanding flowed through Damon as he watched on.

Sensing the meeting’s end and at Yurei’s small gesture, Damon pushed himself off the couch and gave a shallow bow to Saya and Komon. A nonverbal “thanks” as he strode out of the office and into the hallway with confidence. The girl raised a brow, partly amused and stunned at how nothing seemed to phase him. But maybe, again, she could pick at his brain in a couple of days or something.

Now it was just her and Komon. Her bangs were still somewhat damp and Saya used it as a means of distraction. She was not going to delusion herself into thinking that her superior was going to leave easily. This post-meeting talk wasn’t going to be pretty. At least, she thought so. It was going to be about Senshi and that was never going to be a smooth topic.

”So,” Saya started before trying to change the course of conversation. ”How’s Amai-san doing?” It will probably reignite Komon’s ire or exasperation on his part. The medical genin wanted to avoid this particular talk as much as possible.

WORD COUNT: 561
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 2747 + 561 = 3308

CLAIMING: Damon exit. [[ Alex will probs post his claims later ]]
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm
When she didn't want to talk about something, she REALLY did not want to talk about something. But the question she used to avoid the topic was an effective one, and one Komon had actually been planning to address with her. "About that...." He'd start before walking over to the window he had used to show Yurei his house.

He'd gaze out of it towards the village gates as beams of light from the sun peered through the dusty glass. "Me and Komori will be leaving the village for a while.... I'd appreciate it if you could look after her while I'm gone" It was a request, one he hoped the girl would be able to accept. Amai was a capable ninja herself, but recent events had made him decide he'd feel better if she had some helping hands.

"I'm sorry I got angry earlier. But I need you to understand that if something like this happens again... Something that effects the village on this large of a scale... I'm going to need you to tell me" He'd let the words hang in the air before declaring with some sternness. "No exceptions" Remembering how she had said that she hand't included him in it because she had thought she'd be putting him in danger.

"I'm a jounin of this village after all. This is my responsibility" Senshi's words would come flooding back to him. "You are the backbone of our village. Her sorrow and pain are your sorrow and pain. Her pleasure and happiness are yours. Your are entrusted with her defenses, entrusted to protect her and the many people that call her home. Do not ever dream of failing her."

He hoped that one day Senshi's students would understand the village as the well as her mentor had.

WC: 2679
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Default

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:53 pm
Tension began to ebb off of her as she awaited his response. Would he quietly go along with her subject of conversation? Or would be plow through her defenses, rendering her into some kind of icy statute? Because that’s what she did. Close herself off whenever something would shake the foundations of her control. And a majority of the time it was her emotions and the relationships she had developed.

Her life, though she may not admit it, was in shambles. Rika, her mother, was missing for months. Almost a year already and still no word of her. The higher ups were in agreement that she must have succumbed to an enemy ninja during the war efforts. Saya could only hope and remain confident in her mother’s skills. However, the announcement of Senshi’s passing that made her quiver in anticipation.

”Y-You’re leaving?”

It was happening all over again.

Saya felt the vestiges of a panic attack beginning. She had identified it after everyone had gathered in Max’s small home. The tendrils of anxiety spread from her sternum, painful and choking.

The twins were leaving.

Komon’s words echoed in her mind and she wasn’t sure if it was because she refused to acknowledge it or because she was forcing herself to accept it. Another link (or rather two) were gone. Fading away and leaving her to cling to whomever was left in her small world. She shook her head, trying to beat back the ache in her torso. Calm. That’s what she needed to do. To be.

Switch.

Saya took a deep breath and focused on one name. Amai. Komon’s girlfriend was a safe subject. Safe name. It wouldn’t incite the tumultuous feelings that her close friends would bring out in her. ”Of course I’ll look after her,” she promised despite something stirring in her. Amai was a kind and hardworking woman. A chunin. It made her wonder why he would ask her, a mere genin, to look after her co-worker. Perhaps she could snoop around after all this.

At the mention of the situation earlier, Saya stiffened before straightening her back and snapping at attention. The militaristic training of Kumo making itself known. ”Yes, Sir!” It was automatic. Her voice strong at his command. Half her believed that she wouldn’t dare betray Yurei’s call for help and trust. What if it hadn’t been Komon who found them? Another jounin who was more inclined to incarcerate the Uchihas rather than to listen to their story. But it was Komon and he made her feel silly for not thinking of going to him or Komori or anyone in their circle.

”Is… Is that all, Sir?” Saya ventured to ask.

WORD COUNT: 453
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 3308 + 453 = 3761
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:33 pm
Her assurance that she'd look after Amai was comforting. It was good to know that he would have friends to watch over her if he should ever fall. Although he wouldn't voice that aloud, knowing how Senshi's death had effected her, he hardly wanted to allude to the possibility of his own demise.

He thought it strange how he had fixated so hard on avoiding death as a genin. These days he seemed to have more friends in the land of the dead, than the world of the living. He had a feeling, that when his time came, he'd be willing to welcome it with open arms, and finally be reunited with those he had lost. But he was still here, and his village still had use of him.

His line of thought would snap back as Saya asked her last question.

"Is that all sir?"

For a moment he thought it was, and turned to leave. But the slap of shiginami's sheath on the outside of his thigh reminded him that there was one last thing he had to do. "Actually... Theres one last thing I wanted to do" He'd say, releasing both the sheath and sword from his waist, and letting it fall into his left hand.

"I thought it would be rude to give it away so soon after Yurei had returned it... So I waited for him to leave"

"This is Shinigami, the Reaper sword. The last blade ever forged by Senshi Kobayashi" He'd say solemnly as he extended it hilt first towards her.

"It belongs in the hands of his student"

WC: 2697
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum