Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 3:51 pmAmikiri GuhinLate Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 55%
5 Posts - 23%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 352200

What Lurks In Silence? [P] Empty What Lurks In Silence? [P]

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 am
Trapped within the confines of his chamber like a bird in its cage, Xyxer remained prone in the hammock he'd had installed into the chamber. He didn't deserve a bed while his subordinates had to sleep in hammocks themselves. The ship swayed lightly in the ocean almost as if it was attempting to rock the demon to sleep; a mother's embrace for a fallen son. Grey eyes bore into the ceiling of the chamber so much that he'd started to see patterns in the woodwork above him: Elongated snakes that slithered around the canvas, strewn limbs adorned the sides of the picture like a macabre frame, an assortment of flowers that almost seemed like they were waving in the breeze due to the movement of the ship. The images grew more realistic to his eyes with every minute which passed. Was this how you were supposed to feel after successfully wagering your life in another village? After you followed in the footsteps of your mentor to dominate a village which has caused you great suffering? Something didn't add up, yet an omniscient emptiness devoured the man. He felt no pleasure in the maiming of their shinobi, no joy when they took turns to betray their own, no sorrow when he saw his own shinobi die, no hatred when he spoke to the ones that were the cause of their misfortune.

He'd started to become more aware of himself now that the monstrosity within him saw it fit to expose these inclinations to him. The absurdity to not feel bad when people loyal to you sacrifice everything they have to die for your name. The idiocy to not feel alive when you're inches from a cold, humiliating death in a campaign you lead. The melancholy of feeling no great enjoyment from your first major and successful campaign. He wore the mask of a smirk as well as as a cheetah bears its spots, yet behind it there was never any true emotion. Perhaps that was his true curse rather than his penchant for violence. Xyxer had handed a note to one of the guards protecting his chamber earlier, one which instructed them to retrieve Naoki Gekou, the acting Mizukage, and bring him to the ship so that they could converse. He wouldn't be seen in such a manner however so Xyxer proceeded to pull up a pair of chairs in his room, a short distance from one another, before he moved a table in between them. It was a quick set up yet Xyxer didn't hold meetings inside his ship, especially not on the return. 

Taking a seat he'd scan the room briefly - At one side of the room there were multiple tables, one with essential refreshments such as bread and water. A plain choice to be sure, yet he saw no need for luxuries. On another table was a strewn out map of the known world, updated with the knowledge gained from the visit to Konohagakure. On the last table was a myriad of copied documents from Konohagakure to add to their own collection. Samehada had been left at the northern most point of the room, resting against the wall alongside Tidebreaker. On the wall opposite to the tables would be Xyxer's hammock. Other than that the room was sparse. His honourable hounds had been taken back to their kennels for their good boy grooming and mealtime, so Xyxer would sit and await the presence of Naoki Gekou; the man that time itself had forgot.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 60063

What Lurks In Silence? [P] Empty Re: What Lurks In Silence? [P]

Sun May 20, 2018 3:44 pm
It would not be easy for the guard for find the acting Mizukage. During the time Naoki spent ruling Kirigakure in the stead of Xyxer who led its forces in a campaign against Konoha, Naoki had developed a habit of using some of the powers available to him to make it quite difficult to find him whenever he chose not to be disturbed. The man was delving into intricate world of spacetime ninjutsu, in a remote place on the islands when the guard eventually found him. The news of Xyxers imminent return had the Uchiha man prepare to return control of the nation to the hands of the Mizukage, which in turn led to him finding himself immersed in the arts of ninjutsu again. Fortunately for the man tasked with finding Naoki, this was one of his more frequent spots. Upon hearing that the Mizukage wanted to see him, Naoki would put a book he was reading down and nod, telling the guard to get some rest. The former leader would then make a single handseal and a bubble of chakra would encompass him.

In the blink of an eye he would be transported onto the ship where Xyxer was waiting for him. It would not take him long to find the room after that. Knocking on the door the Uchiha would say "It's Naoki; you called for me?" and if invited in he would enter the room.
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Fri May 25, 2018 7:46 pm
While Xyxer waited for the arrival of his harbinger he focused on the gentle rocking of the ship atop the almost calm ocean. Perhaps that was something worth noting.. no matter how gentle or calm the waters may be, a vessel would sway if it remained buoyant. Perhaps he was more akin to the waters than he previously thought, despite his Hozuki heritage of course. As time elapsed and he continued to wait for someone he considered his friend, let alone a potential equal, his thoughts ran back to the deeds in Konoha. The temporary feeling of being alive that came from the war.. and the greater thrill of taking the life of an ANBU before the very person they swore to protect. Would that incident traumatise the young Risako? Cause her to act up and threaten the very lives of her people? Xyxer was unsure yet time would prove a useful aide; she knew the cost of resisting Kirigakure already.

The sudden knocking of the door knocked Xyxer from his timeless replaying of the incident.. the feeling of her warm blood splashing over him in the payment of her life. Lifting his head up and straightening his posture he spoke, "You may enter." His cold, grey eyes seemed to carry something new about them while they scanned the person entering his quarters; an ethereal quality that almost betrayed him in its subtlety. He gestured one hand towards the chair opposite him on the table, his hair having notably grown during his voyage. "Fetch yourself a beverage if you like, it's not like we have any shortage of water, nor resources now. How has the village been in your steed, Naoki? The same as when you lead Shimagakure?" Where there had once been malevolent undertones laced in his language towards the man, there was now simple curiosity, perhaps even as genuine an interest that he could muster for the male that had served him so faithfully.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:20 pm
The wooden floor of the ever so slightly swaying ship would silently creek as Naoki entered the room. Xyxer would be the first thing his eyes found. Noting the man's change appearance Naoki would then give the rest of the room a quick glance over, spotting the desk with the map and documents, then the Mizukage's two weapons in the corner and then the rest of the few pieces of furniture. It would not take long for his eyes to return back to the man who summoned him here and stay on him until he was done speaking. After which the former leader of the village would walk up to the table with refreshments and pour two glasses of water, taking one and gesturing at the other one, indicating an offer to Xyxer. While he was doing that he would be responding to the man's question. "The village and the surrounding territories have remained peaceful. I had no worries from the outside world, so I spent my effort on the internal affairs and bureaucracy, education of the young shinobi. In that regard it was quite a different experience from the time of Shimagakure. The scale of population and influence is very different from how the village was back then. The Mist is one of the greatest powers in the known world after all. With your conquest of Konoha, it is now even more so. Congratulations on the successful campaign."

He would then empty the glass and let it rest on the table before inquiring. "We were both rather brief in our letter exchange. Shall we discuss the situation with the Leaf in greater detail?"
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:14 am
Xyxer's hand reached out from the desk in order to grasp the recently filled glass, pulling it before him while his palm rested covered the top during Naoki's explanation of his actions. He could understand the grave change in how things used to be for him as Shimagakure had once been a tropical destination filled with carefree folk and an abundance of naivety, yet if truth be told Xyxer wouldn't have minded walking along their sandy beaches with the blazing heat raining down upon him. Now it had been transformed into a misty shore, albeit still a paradise to many in different aspects. Beauty lay in the eyes of the beholder, and as Xyxer explored more lands and conquered more people, he was starting to see it as a wholly wonderful world for him and his people. Something once vulgar to be reshaped into a paradise that could do everything prior leaders have failed to do. An ambitious goal, yet one that burdened the man they once called demon.

Nodding his head while Naoki spoke, he was thankful that he didn't heap too much praise upon him, it was how he knew he could be trusted..  to some degree at least. Xyxer could never trust someone who kept their heart so far from their sleeve. He'd never seen Naoki's anger, nor his sorrow, perhaps not even his joy. A stoic man that hid his true feelings well, perhaps the most difficult one to read that he'd ever encountered. 

Shifting the glass before him a few inches to the left with his palm still covering the top he bowed his head graciously at the end, "Thank you, friend. Likewise I look forward to congratulating you on your future successes." His opening was simple but concise in the tone it took; Naoki would not simply be a token leader for when Xyxer left, he'd be a valuable war asset in of himself, perhaps even to the same degree, "I'm glad you've taken such good care of our village. As for Konohagakure.. Well, they should know their place now. It was a short affair, we came, offered a surrender.. they accepted, but then someone declined on the behalf of their entire village. When it was all said and done we had them ceremoniously take part in the execution of one of their own. They know the price of turning on the Mist." Xyxer's expressions remained somewhat stoic while he leaned backwards to stretch out his muscles.

Xyxer then proceeded by doing a short rolling gesture with his free hand, "I've taken one of them with me, Kotsuzui. Risako is currently leading them, her details hidden in the ANBU files so they're not as easily accessible. I plan to produce some form of communication, or perhaps even travel between the two villages which I hope you can provide for us once you visit the village yourself. It is an alliance for now, but most of the younger, spunky shinobi will likely be defiant as it's what they are taught; call it the Will of Fire." With that Xyxer finally lifted the glass and drunk from it, relishing in its refreshing quality. "Is there anything else you'd like to know about their state of affairs?"
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:51 pm
The Uchiha man maintained his poker face while listening to Xyxer's response. He did not hear all that much of new information, more of a repetition, but it was still slightly surprising that the Mizukage well known for his blood lust sought a peaceful solution; or at least a more peaceful solution than an all out slaughter. Of course if one was to consider the side of Xyxer that was focused on honor, one would see that it makes perfect sense. So Naoki felt it was probably one of the better outcomes that he could have hoped, in the grand scene of things.

The man noted that Risako, the acting Hokage of Konoha as was explained by Xyxer in his letter, was left in charge of the village; Up until now Naoki had no opportunity to interact with that part of the world and so had little information about their important characters; he should probably find those ANBU files and read up on her, as it was sounding like he will soon have an opportunity to meet her.
His expression would betray him as his eyebrows rose slightly but enough to show a bit of surprise when the man sitting behind the desk said that they have an alliance with the conquered village. "I must admit I did not expect you to allow them to keep their independence." He would say during the short pause that followed. Then in response to Xyxer's inquiry he would say "Nothing else - I assume I will find all I need in the documents you brought back. It did however seem like you intend to sent me over there, is that correct? Will it have any purpose other than establishing communication and transportation?"
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:36 am
A faint, almost indistinguishable smile settled on the features of Xyxer in response to Naoki's comment. He was still able to surprise people outside of his wanton acts of violence; his mercy was now seen as a shock. He'd respond to the man's comment with a faint tone of amusement, "If you put a leash around a dog's throat, it'll just pull more against the visible restraint. Allow it freedom, yet have it return each time you whistle. That'll breed loyalty and friendship, it'll smite rebellions. I want to forge a new world, not thousand year tyranny." Xyxer finished as he sipped from the glass once more, resting it down on the table while Naoki continued.

His observations were astute and betrayed the brilliance behind the man. He'd picked up on the subtle hints that Xyxer had layered into his words, and as such gained Xyxer's approval. He hasn't became dull from this tenure of leadership in his steed, that was good for what he had in mind for the future, "I do intend to send you over there. Primarily to see if anything needs to be changed that I haven't seen myself, since I'm sure you'll do a thorough job and further establish the strength of Kirigakure with your presence alone. They'll be your primary objectives, but I also have a smaller request while you go about that. I recently received word from Risako that she'll be hosting a chuunin exam. I wish for you to go there in my place, as well as with some of our own, they're currently signing up, so that we can ensure this alliance is maintained." Xyxer's fingers ran a little over the desk at this point, a few thoughts popping into his head as to whether he should request anything more extreme, yet they were pushed aside before Xyxer finished up, "Risako also owes me a new katana, I'd appreciate it if you retrieved that for me." With that said, Xyxer would wait for Naoki's response.
Naoki Gekou
Naoki Gekou
Citizen

Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:24 pm
Xyxer's somewhat extensive response about why he spared Konoha and made it an ally surprised Naoki even more, but this time he did not leak it as much, his expression returning to normal as he listened. Xyxer was truly showing some change and it was change for the better; the Uchiha man even caught himself thinking that their goals might be in alignment. Now of course, Naoki knew things were not that simple so he shelved those thoughts for a later time.

After the Mizukage elaborated on his intentions to send his deputy to Konoha would make a small nod, expressing compliance "Very well. I take it I am to stay there throughout the Chuunin Exams and return together with our people once they are over?"
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Xyxer nodded his head graciously, finally standing up from his seat. It felt like it'd been so long since his feet had touched the soil of his new home.. the soil in Konohagakure had felt foreign; too dry. Alien to him almost. Boiled in the sun like some corpse so the possibility of treading the cobbles once more brought about a mild anticipation. "That'd be most appreciated. Of course, you're to act with my full authority while you're there, and your actions will reflect upon both myself and the village as a whole. Use this power wisely." Xyxer spoke before he topped it off with the ending to the meeting, "Safe journies, Naoki. You'll be informed when you should depart." With that Xyxer would wait for the male to leave the ship himself before he followed suit. The swaying of the ship was hypnotic to him, yet perhaps.. not in the best sense.

[Exit unless interrupted]
1938 WC

1900/4000 Water Release: Rain Shark
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Oni
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:25 pm
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum