Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 33973

A lot to know - Page 2 Empty Re: A lot to know

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 pm
Kyson chuckled as he heard her apology towards the way she was acting. It was never his thing to act so proper and such. He was always the type to be himself and be who you are. "No need to apologize, I'm not too fond of being extremely formal and such. Bedsides, I'm basically still a kid myself." He said with a shrug. The boy wasn't even 18 yet, still had ways to go when it came to growing up. Though he doesn't see himself as immature or anything. 

It was kind of hard to focus with keiko being annoying and hungry all the time. The Hozuki would grab Keiko by the fur on his back as he picked him up and placed him next to the two. "Alright, time for you to calm down." As he place him down, Keiko looked at him and growled at Kyson. And then he would attempt to bite Kyson's arm. But he was still a little baby with little baby teeth. So Kyson just looked at him and just ignored him while he had his teeth clenched on his arm.

"Anyways, running the hospital seems like a great idea and a good goal. I think it would suit you well. And I could get you started with that whenever you want to get things going. As for contributing to Kumo's defenses. Maybe we can talk about that when you reach the higher ranks." He said to her. With the position he was in, he could get a lot of things going for people if it was something they really wanted, also if it benefited the village. He would be more than glad to help. After he asked about Kira, he was curious to know how the two met. So he listened to see how it all started.

Hearing that Kira met her at a bar and helped her find a dress. It sounded like something Kira would do. When she asked if he was at the celebration, he would nod his head. Well he couldn't lie to himself, he hated every bit of it at first. It was a real depressing time for him. But it was also an eye opener and made him look at the world differently. But it was interesting to hear that she wanted to protect those form Suna, despite the fact that Kumo took over their land. She then flipped the question right back at Kyson and asked why she never seen him around Kumo. Guess the cat was now out of the bag. Well, guess it was time to stop keeping it a secret because to be honest, there was no point now. "Well, guess its no point of keeping it a secret now. Where should I start." He said as he thought for a few seconds.

"Well, first things first. You've never seen me around here.. well.. because I escaped Kumo when I was 12. Which was only 5 years ago. It was a real dark place at that time. A lot different than how it was now. Me and a close friend wanted to know if the dark rumors about Kumo were true. My friend was from Suna and moved to Kumo. So we chose to go to Suna after we escaped. And there was when I met Kira and other Suna shinobi. As I spoke to the kazekage there, he told me the truth about Kumo and how the raikage was responsible for my parents passing away. It really tore me apart knowing the village I was about to protect, wasn't really protecting me. So I decided to not comeback until I was strong enough." He said as he paused for a couple seconds. Letting the story sync in for a before he would continue.

"Suna was a beautiful place and a complete opposite of what Kumo was at the time. People there were always happy, the village was so bright and cheerful. People had a hard time trusting me though, seeing that I was from Kumo. And village they resented. So I had to work 10x harder than everyone else just to gain the villages trust. And a few months ago, I had just became Jounin of Suna. Not even that, after I was granted Jounin. The kazekage told me if he should ever fall in battle, I'd be named the next Kazekage of the village. Some Kumo kid joins the village and next thing you know, he's been chosen next to take the throne. Like I didn't have enough pressure to deal with." Kyson said with a chuckle. But the next part was when everything changed. One of the hardest experiences Kyson had ever witnessed.

"A couple days after the exams, that's when kumo attacked. And the moment the fight started, our Kage disappeared out of nowhere. Not sure if it was a jutsu or what. The I was appointed Kazekage since he was gone. I hid behind the Kazekage so long, when it was my turn to fight for the village.. I froze, I knew I was no match for them. And to make sure hundreds of innocent people didn't get hurt. I surrendered. Was a bad choice, no. Do I regret what I did, not at all. But I still had to bare the fact that I let my village down when it was my time to lead." Kyson said as he explained how he ended up here and why he wasn't around.

"But then Maku basically forced me, Kira a couple of other Suna shinobi to work for him in order to guaranteed Suna's safety. But instead of just making me a hostage. He gave me a proposal. He wanted me to understand what it meant to be a leader, and so he made me second in command of Kumo. I was against it at first, but I thought.. maybe all of this happened for a reason. My parents died because of this village. But running away didn't solve anything either. So, with the position I'm in right now. I wanted to make sure no one goes through what I went through. So next time, the village is in danger, I'll be ready." He said as he concluded his long story. He looked down at keiko, noting that he had fell asleep listening to Kyson's long story.

"Oh, ha ha. I didn't mean to go on for so long. Guess I got a bit carried away telling you a boring story like that." He said as he began scatching the back of his head.
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 pm
Many people were certainly making it hard for the young girl to keep the whole “rank” system in place when they continued to be so open and friendly with her, always telling her that they didn’t like being formal and things. Saya, however, was brought up where one’s rank was valued and demanded respect. She couldn’t help but purse her lips at Kyson’s easy-going nature, though she admired it at the same time. It was something she couldn’t, or rather, didn’t know how to deal with yet aside from simply going with the flow.

And when he addressed her goals, Saya blinked at his response. He seemed to have more power than most jounin if he could help her get some things started at the hospital. ”You could really do that?” She asked, not really expecting the high ranking shinobi to expand on it. He could simply nod or smile and she’d take that as a positive answer. His entire response to her aspirations, however, were words of encouragement she didn’t know she wanted to hear. Saya felt more spirited in her future endeavours.

Just as she had shared her experiences and exhibited her unnatural possessiveness over Kumo’s assimilation of Suna, Saya listened intently to Kyson’s own story. It was very interesting at least. His first few sentences had the kunoichi’s back straightening and her first instinct was to hiss out the word “traitor” from under her breath. Thank Kami-sama that she held a huge amount of control over her facial expression, keeping it relatively neutral even as her thoughts ran rampant over him fleeing Kumogakure.

He and his Suna friend had… Weak. Cowards. Abandoning Kumogakure during her most difficult times. Saya mentally shook herself from her “Kumo pride” spiel. Dark times. Five years ago Saya had only been an adolescent then. She remembered that age, and it was, as Kyson described, grim. All of those that tried to leave were cut down. All of those that tried to stand up against the new regime, slaughtered. It was kill or be killed; obey or disobey; be subjugated or fight back. Her mother chose the former - to bow down to the new Raikage, Mortarion.

Saya, a child, had been a bystander to the whole thing. It was a vague passage in her life and had adapted to the changes that rippled throughout the village. The whole “weak versus strong” administration had shaped her, molded Saya into the ninja she was. It was her strict upbringing that fought with the exposure and openmindedness brought on by her peers. She understood, in part, why he left and even empathized with his feelings. If Saya, theoretically, had been placed in the same situation, she would have vowed to return stronger as well.

As Kyson’s story continued uninterrupted, save for Keiko’s rambunctious nipping and playful growls, Saya was impressed. Not only did the man in front of her become strong by training more than others, he had actually gained the Kazekage’s recognition and become his successor. She chuckled along with him, shaking her head at how preposterous the entire thing was. It was really an unrealistic event, but it did happen. It was then she quieted down at the mention of Kumo attacking his newfound village.

There was no remorse in her. Pride was all Saya felt as he recalled his previous village’s imminent defeat. There was an inkling of pity for Kyson but all circumstances considered, he had done the best he could with the village in mind. It would have been a bloody war if it had come down to it. In the end, however, it was this Maku figure that had talked Kyson and Kira and their other shinobi to work under him. Her face scrunched in confusion at his mentioning and didn’t speak until Kyson finished.

”You’re not just a jounin,” Saya stated, waving a hand to brush off his apology for telling his story. Again, it was a very fascinating thing for her. Her eyes narrowed at him, however. She wasn’t sure if she should freak out and apologize again for her lack of decorum at his ranking once more (though she was more reluctant to do so after learning of his earlier departure from Kumogakure) or take it in stride. The latter sounded far less humiliating and he had mentioned that he didn’t like formalities.

”And second in command for Kumogakure? That would mean... “ Saya trailed off at the implication. Deputy Kage. That was a startling revelation. Her body jerked as she tried to fight her instincts to kneel and bow before him. His title demanded it, but there were too many questions that prevented her from following through. ”Who is this ‘Maku’ to give you that amount of power?”

As far as she was concerned Mortarion was still their Raikage and had been too during the time he had mentioned. Saya had never heard of the person Kyson spoke of. The girl did not delusion herself into thinking that she knew every high ranking ninja in her village, but was content in knowing a majority of them. She was very curious now of this Maku, whose name tingled in the back of her head. It was familiar, a name she had heard of before. Then it clicked. Senshi! Senshi had said something about a “Lord Maku” in his speech. It was so long ago but Saya was sure it was the same name that Kyson was mentioning now.

WORD COUNT: 916
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 2325 + 916 = 3241
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Thu May 10, 2018 3:06 am
After telling his long story, it could be taken in different ways. Some would see it as a person who did what was best for his village to keep them safe. Or some might look at him as a traitor. He used to think about how others would view him because of his decision, but he stopped thinking about that some time ago. Thinking about it would only hold him back. So he had to get rid of most of his feelings in order for him to grow as a shinobi in this village. She asked a question that Kyson gets quite often. Wondering who Maku is. He was always confused about this question.

"You say it as if you don't know him. He was the Raikage before he even took over my village. So you never met or seen him before?" Kyson would ask, finding it a bit hard to believe. But since he hasn't been seen anywhere lately, maybe he does this quite often.

"Well, I was next in line when my leader disappeared. So I guess because of that he saw me as a good fit. But I don't really know, I never know what he's thinking nor what his plans are. So I can't really give a clear answer." He would say in response.
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin

Sat May 12, 2018 6:53 am
Kyson’s tone had the girl blinking in just as much confusion as he felt. She too was perplexed with the man, Maku. The now Deputy Kage was expecting her to know this mysterious guy, but truth be told she knew nothing about him aside from his name. And she supposed his rank and title now. It was very strange. All of her life the only Raikage she was actively aware of was Lord Mortarion. The previous Kage before him was simply a figure in the history books despite having ruled over Kumogakure during her adolescent years. But Maku? Saya shook her head at the man’s query.

”I don’t know him,” she said. The genin straightened her posture and sitting position, giving Kyson her full attention. Keiko, the baby panda, sleeping contently between them. ”And I’ve never met or seen him before. Him or our Lord Mortarion.” The area between brows bunched together as her lips pulled into a frown. She was a low leveled ninja with no exceptional skills that made her stand out, and therefore did not have any reason to meet with them.

With this particular news Saya felt her stomach drop. How did this transition even happen? Did the village know about this? She would assume so, but as she backtracked through her memories Saya was more than perturbed when Kyson’s one statement kept repeating in her head. ’He was Raikage before he even took over my village,’ was what he said. But how…? That question began to plague her thoughts as she tried to make sense of it. An official announcement had not been publicized, she realized. At least not before she and the whole entourage of civilians made their way to rendezvous in Hoshigakure.

”Can you… I mean, do you mind telling me more about him?” Saya waved her hands in the air, and looking lost with all the information being presented to her. ”About all this, actually. I… I’m not sure how to react to this change.”

WORD COUNT: 338
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 3241 + 338 = 3579
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Sat May 12, 2018 5:30 pm
She seemed really curious about who Maku was and honestly she had every right to be. He doesn't know too much about him, but he could at least tell her what he knows as of right now. Noticing keiko is asleep, that's all he ever does anyway, eat and sleep. "Well, I don't know a whole lot, but I can tell you a little of what I know." He said to Saya.

"Well surprisingly, he's actually a very understanding person. Though he doesn't do something unless he gains something from it. But as far as who he is, he's a lot different than Mortarion. Maku isn't really into torturing bodies and hanging them.." Kyson said referencing the fields outside of the village. That was one of the things Kyson and Maku had in common. "Well actually, I got it a bit wrong. He wasn't technically Raikage when he took over my village yet. But he spoke to me like he was. And coincidentally a week or two later he became Raikage. So maybe he already had plans on taking that position before hand. So apparently him a Youka had some sort of talk. But from the way he sounded, he spoke as if they knew each other very well. But who knows.." Kyson said, that was basically all he really knew about him. As far as his history.

"As far as his personality.. he's weird, acts like a kid, drinks a lot... and that's about it. That's all I really got since I've known him. But he isn't too bad I guess.. Maybe one day you can meet him and see what I'm talking about." Kyson would say with a smirk. He still hasn't seen the man since he arrived back. So all the paper work has been left with Kyson thus far.
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin

Sat May 12, 2018 8:46 pm
It seemed as if Kyson didn’t know much either despite his current position and title, though he certainly knew more than her. Both in terms of the situation of Kumogakure and the man himself. Saya nodded when some things sounded particularly interesting to her. She hummed in thought after he mentioned Maku’s questionable transition into power. Those were things the girl couldn’t wrap her head around. As far as she had been aware Lord Mortarion’s rule had made their village almost autonomous, their militaristic nature playing an important role in how they operated today. It was as if the rank of Raikage was not needed, not really.

However, as Kyson had pointed out, paperwork still needed to be done and he was constantly swimming in it. Probably due to their current Raikage’s “childish” personality and apparent dislike for responsibility. Saya was conflicted. While her entire being demanded her to give the unknown man her utmost respect and deference, she was exasperated and a little more than surprised that a guy like Maku was their leader. Since the genin had zero interaction with Lord Mortarion, Saya had no strong opinions in regards to how he managed their village. All the good and bad things in Kumo was a regular thing for her, something that always was.

Like the Rot Forest or the monsters that roamed outside their walls. Those were a part of Kumogakure and Saya felt like her village wasn’t her village if they were gone. As such the Kirihara felt the need to defend Lord Mortarion’s cruelty, but immediately clamped down on that impulse. What was said was true, after all. The previous Kage’s machinations were atrocious and vicious, and as medical ninja it made her sick to her stomach.

”Ma - I mean, Lord Maku,” Saya cleared her throat. What she was about to say would be a valid reason to subject her to Lord Mortarion’s experiments. ”He seems to be an irresponsible person, but it sounds like he and our previous Kage came to an understanding in regards to our village’s leadership.” Saya was still skeptical about it. ”I do wish to meet him. To see with my own eyes.” Maybe if she were able to do something like that, she would come to an understanding on where Kumogakure stood and what direction her village would be taking  in the foreseeable future. War. Or perhaps even an epidemic.

WORD COUNT: 403
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 3579 + 403 = 3982
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Sat May 26, 2018 3:55 am
"Irresponsible? Ehhh I wouldn't completely say that. But I wouldn't completely disagree. I don't know its kind of weird. I can't read the guy and its kind of hard to work along someone and you can never know what they are thinking." The young Hozuki said. He still doesn't know too much about Maku. He only knows him from the time he first rejoined Kumo and after that. Everything else before, he knew nothing about. He was always curious about it, but he doubt that he would ever tell him. 

"Maybe one day you can meet him, if he ever decides to show up one of these days. Or who knows, maybe I'll just take his place soon." He would say with a light laugh. But hopefully that doesn't happen. But it honestly might if things go the way they are. And if he wants to reach his goals, then he might not have a choice.

"But hopefully I don't. Because being a Kage is too much work and boring. You sit around all day, doing paperwork and stress. Never been my type of thing. I'm more of a, stay in the shadows and work behind the scenes type of guy. Not into the whole spotlight thing." He would say, seeing how Keiko was knocked out, he would rub the baby pandas head. As annoying as he is, its always entertaining having him around. Its like having a kid, baby brother, and a pet at the same time.
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 am
As Kyson tried to expand more on Maku’s personality and person as a whole, it was clear to Saya that the man was simply an enigma. He was irresponsible yet he was not. A leader yet he did not do any leading. Her lips pressed together at the contradictions being presented by the subject of Maku. It turned into a small frown within a few scant seconds. The young girl felt sorry for Kyson as he had to be the person working under such a man.

Then he broached the subject of having to take on the mantle of Kage if Lord Maku upped and disappeared on the village. Saya didn’t know what to make of that. ”Would you be accepting if someone else became Raikage if Lord Maku is unavailable?” She ventured to ask. The girl didn’t know how one became Kage. Not in Kumo nor in any village, though she supposed that each of the hidden societies had their own way of choosing their next leader.

"Or would you fight to be our leader?”

This was an important question for the genin. As much as she was detached from the machinations of the higher leveled shinobi, she was still part of their army. A weapon amongst many they wielded. And if she had a chance or say in who was to govern her life and actions, she would, undoubtedly, try and get a word in. Saya’s gaze was solely on the Hozuki, wondering what his answer would be. As he had just mentioned, he was more into the shadows rather than being a public figure.

WORD COUNT: 271
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 3982 + 271 = 4253
Kyson
Kyson
Citizen

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 pm
After giving his explanation that involved explaining Maku's personality. Kyson was asked a very interesting question. Which was actually a great question, one he never really thought about. It never once came to his mind that what if someone else was chosen for the next Raikage instead of him. He wouldn't know how to react, though if their intentions were similar to Kyson's, he wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as they weren't someone like Mortarion, he would have no problem with it.

"Hmm, good question.." He said as he took a look towards the clouds in the sky. Watching as the time getting later and later. 

"Well, if he's more suited for the job than I am, then of course. Besides, I'm only in the position I'm in now because of Maku. My job is to protect him and have his back. So if tomorrow he decides to leave the village for good, its my job to follow. That was my orders before he even became Raikage. And that was the deal we made when he first took over Suna." Kyson said in response, he would then bring up that moment when Maku first told Kyson what his job was.

Flashback
("Pick your men, report to me in the morning, 7am. Your working for me Kyson, think of yourself however you want. Secretary, lieutenant, assistant, right hand, whatever. I told you titles mean nothing without something to back it up. From this moment, what you make of it is on you. Remember though, you aren't with Kumogakure, your mine...". With that Maku would vanish from the room. Leaving Kyson to relay the rest of the information to the appropriate bureaucrats.)

He would explain the flashback to Saya and what his job was. "So yeah, technically.. according to my orders. I'm technically not a Kumogakure shinobi. I won't lie, sometimes I forget that. Cause no matter how much I was away form here. This is where my roots are, so it'll always feel like home even if I didn't want it to. So to answer your question, no I wouldn't fight to be your leader unless I was ordered to. Cause in reality, I'm not part of the village even though I'm temporarily in charge at the moment. If someone else were to become Raikage, it's not my job to take orders from them." He would explain to Saya.
Saya Kirihara
Saya Kirihara
Genin
Genin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:17 pm
Kyson’s response uncoiled whatever apprehensions she held when it came to the title of Kage. Saya was, in parts, glad that he would be willing to step aside if someone with more qualifications would be able to take up the burden, but also somewhat sad. From their entire meeting so far, he was kind and understanding. A good listener, which the girl thought was needed in a leader. Someone who could adjust and adapt when his people grew restless and shouted out their grievances.

Saya nodded almost absentmindedly before blinking in confusion. Did she hear him correctly? It would be extremely detrimental for the village if both the Kage and Deputy-Kage were to slip away unawares. While Kumogakure could function without a leader for about 85 or 90% of the time, someone needed to process important documentation. They needed a person who could step in when necessary like war and thinking about their village’s welfare.

It was a very stressful thing for a genin like her to think about. Especially when Kyson pretty much dropped a bomb on her. Outwardly, the girl remained impassive though there was a furrow at her brows that indicated her unease. He was not Kumo. Not the way he was explaining it to her. Lord Maku, as Kyson recounted his experience with the man, had made it very clear to the young man that he was his. That Kyson did not owe Kumogakure his allegiance. If the man said to leave then he would have no choice but to obey.

Her tongue darted out to lick her lips. "I see...” Saya was still processing as she stared at the Hozuki unabashed. She cleared her throat before stating in Kirihara fashion, "I can’t say that I’m not disappointed at your non-village status. To be quite frank with you, it disturbs me. Moreso that someone not Kumo - her hands were brought up to do air quotes - ” ... is presiding over me and my fellow citizens.”

Saya was well aware of how he saw himself, of how he forgot that he technically wasn’t part of Kumogakure but rather a puppet under Maku. She continued, not mincing her words. ”I would prefer it if you did not become Raikage.” It was only here that she allowed some regret to color her voice and a bit of guilt to show on her face. ”While I don’t blame you for leaving Kumogakure before, that action does not sit well with me. Even now, if something were to happen, just the slightest possibility that you won’t be there because you might leave under orders is…”

She shook her head and let her statement drift there. He could fill out what she did not say with his own words.

”I can’t support that.”

WORD COUNT: 466
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 4253 + 466 = 4719
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum