Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
An Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesToday at 2:31 pmOkisho UchihaFar Away Today at 2:04 pmAkki SenjuA Few Errands to RunToday at 1:52 pmOkisho UchihaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Today at 12:34 pmHasumi HayatoTeam 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon Tau
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
26 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sakana Meijin
Sakana Meijin
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 20000

This library has EVERYTHING!  (Max) (IO) - Page 2 Empty Re: This library has EVERYTHING! (Max) (IO)

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 pm
The Meijin would look over the the Yamaguchi’s shoulder as he read about the Hoshi defenses. The book was light meaning that they weren’t well defended, meaning they didn’t have zombies. He would watch as the small boy scribbles notes into a notebook, there was so much information just before his eyes. Following the defense section would be a list of important people, the Queen obviously and a man named Denkiteki, it seemed familiar, like someone from a different book he read. There was also a small metion of a village cook who was friends with the two but his page wasn’t finished, almost like he vanished before anything could be written about him.

Moving along, Max would start to ask Sakana about how summoning contracts work. His reply would be, “Well first the summon race must allow you permission to sign a contract with them, after they do you sign your name in blood and then you are able to call upon the ones who you trust you at any time.” The genin would shuffle around a bit in his seat before squirming to the floor, before he went under the table he would bite his thumb and say to Max, “Max watch my back real quick.”

Once the Meijin was under the table he would do the handseals and press his thumb to the floor. And in a puff of smoke Ao would appear. The tiny turtle would start by making an exclamation, “WHERE ARE WE?!” The squeaky voice would call out. Sakana would push his finger to his lips and say “Shhhhhh Ao, my friend here wants to know about summons and I said you could help him. Be quiet, ok? We’re in a library.” “Oh I gotcha Sakana,” Ao would say, still a little too loud. The turtle would climb up the Meijins arm and push out chakra to stick on him. Together the two would emerge from the table. “Ao this is Max. Max this is Ao, he lives in the Kumo mountains most of the time.”

WC: 2,000
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen
Stat Page : Duncan Crawford's Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 500

This library has EVERYTHING!  (Max) (IO) - Page 2 Empty Re: This library has EVERYTHING! (Max) (IO)

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:22 am
Max would watch the doorways, keeping vigilant and ready to warn his fellow kumo comrade if anybody were to approach. Not a soul came near as Sakana performed the summoning, a small puff of smoke billowing out from underneath the table along with a high, squeaky question as to their whereabouts. Sakana would try to quiet the little animal, but he didn’t seem to be having a whole lot of luck in the matter. Sakana would then rise and Max would seea small turtle planted itself firmly on the arm of the Meijin. It seemed to be friendly enough, as it didn’t seem overly aggressive towards Max, though that could also be attributed to Sakana’s bond with it. Max really couldn’t know for sure. One thing he did know for sure though is that this creature reminded Max of Hijoshikina and Kyoki, two of Senshi’s flamingo friends.

“Greetings Ao, it is a pleasure to meet you,” the boy would say in hushed tones, a warm smile on his face. “I don’t know much about summons, but I found what Sakana said looked like a summoning contract. Can you take a look at it and tell me your thoughts on it, Ao?” Max would try to ask the small turtle as politely as possible, pointing to the scroll and showing it to Ao.

Max hoped that it was indeed a contract, as having such majestic creatures at one’s side would prove to be invaluable. A giant, powerful creature capable of gliding through the sand with no effort? Yeah, that would be very useful, especially if there are any attempts to reclaim Sunagakure.

Max was incredibly curious, hoping that this little turtle would have the answers he sought. 

WC: 286
TWC:2635
Sakana Meijin
Sakana Meijin
Citizen

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 am
After Sakana reemerged from the table and introduced Max to Ao, Max would tell the turtle it was a pleasure to meet him and asked for his thoughts on the summoning contract. The first thing Ao would say is “Wow Max, you’re kinda tiny  for a human aren’t you?” Sakana’s face would glow red in embarrassment and he would try to fix Ao’s rudeness by saying, “Ao be nice, he’s my friend and you’ve only seen two humans before so hush.” The Meijin would take a breath, “Can you please just take a look at this contract?”

Ao would being to slide down the Meijin’s arm leaving glistening trail of slime behind him. The genin would attempt to shake it off as the turtle climbed onto the table. After examining the document for a few moments Ao would look back over to Sakana and say, “Ya know you should really learn to summon my dad, he knows way more about this than me. But anyway, yeah this is a summoning contract all right. I can’t read the inscription since I don’t speak whatever this is but I’m going to assume it says the same sort of stuff as the one we made you sign Sakana. Be loyal, protect us and all that stuff. The little turtle would shift his head back to Max and would speak to him, “If you want to sign a contract with these guys you need to find one and then sign a blood seal at the bottom. Now if you guys don’t need me for anything else I should get back to the mountains, my dad gets worried if he can’t find me.”

If Max had any other questions the turtle would remain around to answer them, but if he didn’t he would disappear into a puff of smoke ending up back in the kumo mountains.

WC: 2321
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:32 am
Max would listen to the little turtle, not taking any offense at the remark about his size. Max was a small human, especially if Ao had only known a handful of fully grown people. Max would simply smile and take in all the knowledge that Ao offered. So, if he was correct Max would need to find another one of those large Worms. Considering that they seem to live beneath the sand in the vastness that is the desert, finding another one could prove troublesome. Of course, Max quickly realized that if the Worm dropped this for him, it expected the boy to figure it out.

It might have been waiting for Max to make his presence known to the Worms. That of course was an action best left reserved for another time. Ao would seem to need to get back to the mountains of Kumo, and to be fair Max couldn’t blame the little guy. He himself wouldn’t mind going back to Kumo, but they were all here for that celebration. Once it was over, Max would make haste back to his home. He had much to do with Senshi, training and preparing for the next chapter in his shinobi career. If anybody would be able to train him into a proper Jounin it would be his brother Senshi.

Max would nod and say a brief, “Thanks, and goodbye Ao.” Before also thanking Sakana for helping him out. “Thanks a bunch, Sakana. It looks like I just have to find another Worm to sign this contract with. Maybe I’ll encounter one of them on my way back home.” The boy would give a happy smile, glad to know that he would have even more friends soon. It was crazy to think that not that long ago he was all by himself, with only Napa as a friend.

Napa of course will always be his friend, no matter what happens. Though thick and thin, the saying would be. Realizing that this was also a great opportunity to learn what Hoshi knew of the puppet craft, Max would head back to the shelves and bring even MORE books back to their little table without thinking to put any of them back first. He now had quite an assortment of books before him, all on various topics ranging from Kumo’s village defenses, to the Nara clan and some of its documented history.

Max would crack open another book and begin to read up on some of the techniques of documented puppeteers in the Hoshi region. Sadly, the book is relatively small and doesn’t seem to add much to Max’s already sizable pool of puppetry craft knowledge. There was a book on the subject though that caught Max’s attention.

“The History of Puppetry: Puppeteers of Note Throughout the Ages”

Upon opening the book to take a look, it seems to have mentioned a handful of incredible shinobi over the course of history that utilized and revolutionized the art of puppetry and its shinobi practice. One such practitioner caught his attention first and foremost. A criminal ninja known as Sasori was known to have been able to create puppets out of other shinobi and still utilize their techniques and skills that they had in life. Such a skill was almost too much to believe. Max himself had been trying and dabbling in recreating a semblance of “life” in his puppets, but this puppeteer seemed to have been far beyond Max in skill. To be able to do such a thing…. The boy would finish reading and close up the book. He knew now that he had a great deal of work to do if he desired to be known along with the greatest of puppeteers of history.

“I have to say, this place has more knowledge bundled up in it than I ever thought could be in one place. I do have to say thought that I am not fond of them having such a detailed layout of our village defenses. Maybe we can check these books out or something.” Max would say, a pile of books almost as large as he was slowly piling up in front of him.

WC: 696
TWC: 3331
Sakana Meijin
Sakana Meijin
Citizen

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:11 pm
After Ao had left the scene Sakana watched as Max started to look trhough more books. Sakana would do the same. Reading was getting boring since he couldn’t find anything on bijuu that he didn’t already know but there was some cool stories in there about legends and stuff. Max would look over to Sakana and tell him that he didn’t like that the village of hoshi had so much stuff on the kumo defenses and the Meijin was inclined to agree with him. He wondered if he could do anything about it when suddenly he came up with an idea. Sakana would turn into a random Hoshi nin that he saw in the village who was pretty indistinguishable from anyone else .He would look back over to Max and say in a hushed tone,   “I suggest you change your appearance too, this makes it a lot easier, we aren’t stealing them we’re checking them out with intent to bring them back… eventually. ” Sakana would pick up the kumo books max had on the desk and began looking around for a others trying to make sure he got them all he also grabbed a pamphlet by someone called Hikari . Max would double check and pick up any ones he missed. The genin would also have one of those legend books he liked. He would walk up to the desk and use ventriquilism to mask his voice just to be safe. He had no problem checking the books out (under the name of the Hoshi shinobi he was pretending to be) and he simply walked out the door hopefully with Max (under a different disguise) beside him. He would place those books in storage displacement before exiting the library (in a secluded corner so no one saw him) and then go home, ending his day.

--EXIT—

Claims: 2607

1k words for suppression (taught by max)
1.6k towards Kureiji

Also claiming all of the books about Kumo from the Hoshi library meaning the Hoshi chuunin rank up mission about research can no longer be done about Kumo. Unless of course you’d like to write a mission report with one of Hikari’s packets but I think it defeats the purpose of the mission. Also note for other people, please don’t try and meta your way into my IO topic because Max and I didn’t break any village laws because we are simply checking out books with intent to return them.
Ciel
Ciel "Pico" Duchamp
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:41 am
Nan was annoyed.

Masaki had up and disappeared. He had not been coming to the daily meetings.

Had he ditched?

Maybe he'd died...

What an idiot.

Anyways, it still left Nan annoyed. Talking with people was going absolutely nowhere.

Well, he figured it was time to hit the books. As boring as books would be, he'd never leave this place if he didn't get something.

As he entered, someone was walking out with several books.

A lot of books.

At a time when the librarian was distracted.

Wasn't there a checkout limit?

And didn't you need a library card to do it?

Actually yes, there was a sign that said so right there.

"Excuse me," Nan would say to the mysterious person as they started to walk away from the desk, obviously burdened at least a little by the massive amount of books, if not because of weight (which was rather surprising! Nan noticed this and made the connections), then because of the bulk. "Madame Librarian, I do believe this person is about to run off with well more books than they are allowed to check out."

The distracted Librarian turned around, and saw the disguised Sakana at the self checkout table with a massive pile. "Ah yes, they are right. There is a strict two book limit, and since I don't remember you, at least not this moment, I will have to see your library card. If you don't have your card on you, or don't have one, I just need to see some village registration. Of course, you are free to take them back in and read them without checking out! Sorry for the inconvi-"

It was then that the lady noticed which books Sakana had brought. "Ah, further apologies. Most of those are single copies. We do not allow individuals to check them out, due to their scarcity. I can help you find similar books that you can check out, if you desire!"

If Sakana made for the door during any of this, the librarian would yell out "Please, stop, or I'll have to call the guard, and they'll involve the Shinobi!"

[[
So, few matters to bring to light.
1) IO isn't a tag according to the rules. Private is.
2) "Whilst in a village, a missing ninja does reserve the right to enter private threads should it be possible, at their own risk and potentially be caught infiltrating."
Anyways, have fun. Ciel wanted to read some of those, you know!
]]
Sakana Meijin
Sakana Meijin
Citizen

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:49 am
Calling for Zee's post to be voided because pretending IO isn't a site thing is ridiculous. 

Also nice quoting of the rule but if you'd like to look here it says this in mn rules " (If allowed to stay in the village, you lose the ability to enter private threads) " Which to my understanding you were let in.   
Ciel
Ciel "Pico" Duchamp
Citizen

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:55 am
Sorry, the IO was a poor joke on my part. It's also a technicality which isn't worth pursuing.

What is worth pursuing is that I was let in, but am I allowed to stay? You guys totally are, Akihana invited you all to stay. I was let in as a sightseer.

Anyways, here's a reminder that taking these books is a crime, so even if I DO get voided, which I'll admit is possible, any ninja can hop in and stop you. Maybe the friendly guy with no stats/jutsu who just wants to chat is better than the ones that'll catch you, and can actually fight back.

Edit: MN rules do mention Kage permission explicitly, but it is slightly out of context, so this is entirely up for debate. If staff as a whole chooses to void me, I will not argue it.

Edit 2: Regardless of if I'm voided or not, someone clarify if Ventriloquism counts as a "basic jutsu". I'd imagine it's not, as it's not a free jutsu, but IDK. This is relevant b/c chakra suppression.

Edit 3: Apparently Sakana is not suppressing their chakra. So edit 2 is irrelevant to the topic, but still relevant to site balance. What, EXACTLY, is a "basic jutsu" ?
Duncan Crawford
Duncan Crawford
Citizen

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:01 am
Max would stand up from his seat, eager to head out and see what adventure the day would bring. After their reading, Max had a lot of stuff to ponder. The boy would stretch and then turn to see Sakana performing handseals. Max would recognize the seals and immediately stops his compatriot.

“What are you doing, Sakana? Sorry, that isn’t the question I meant to ask. Why are you doing what you are doing?” Max would ask, not sure of Sakana’s motives on trying to hide his identity. “We will only arouse suspicion if we pretend to be someone we aren’t. The best way to avoid people being suspicious of us is to not do anything… suspicious.” Max would continue with but a simple whisper. 

“We haven’t any need to hide to that degree. People might not like us, but we need not resort to using our shinobi training to avoid them.” Max would give a light smile over to Sakana, hoping that he was reaching the older boy. Max had no intentions of hiding his face or identity, as he didn’t feel that he had anything to hide.

Max would walk over with his hand out for a shake, “I really do appreciate all that you have done for me today. I really learned a lot that I wouldn’t have found in any books.” Max would wait for the handshake before he continued.

“So, how do we go about checking out these books? I’ve never had to do this before.” Max was completely honest here, as he never really went through any of these processes. He was so accustomed to just taking what he wanted from those that no longer had a need for it. This was a very foreign concept to him, but as he wasn’t sure what Hoshi customs and such were, he didn’t want to do anything that would be seen as impolite or against any laws or such.

OoC:

This post timelines Sakana up to the point of him trying to cast Transformation Jutsu in his last post. Since we have not yet started to exit with our books, I believe that this removes Ciel from the topic (not to mention the whole IO thing lol). Since we did not break any laws, no one may jump in our topic unless we do so from my understanding.
Ciel
Ciel "Pico" Duchamp
Citizen

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:56 pm
What the hell happened to him? Nan thought, ambling towards the library. This was the last place he'd seen the practically-a-mute. Have I been abandoned?

Other thoughts crossed through his mind. Perhaps he was dead.

What the fuck did he do to go and get himself killed?

Nan laughed internally, the possibilities were amusing.

What was not amusing was that he now had to goto the library andread.

Not read anything fun, mind you, but he had to read biographies and history books.

Ew.

All because his partner ditched (well, and the part where people here were either remarkably dim or remarkably tight lipped. Perhaps he should try that Hikari person again, if he ever found her. She seemed to be a bit naive, but informed. Then again that was entirely a guess.)

Nan walked in to the library and noticed the sign. 'Maximum 2 books checked out per person' it read. Not like I'm checking out anything anyways, Nan thought as he read that check out required registration (though it did not say what types were accepted... odd).

Perhaps Nan would run into the two Kumo ninja that happened to be in the Library. He was headed in that direction, and they had yet to venture out of the Library.

He would even whistle (softly) towards them if they still had a large pile of books at the table with them, followed quickly by "Quite the pile of paper you've plundered there, pard'ner." He would then hold the straightest of faces for about two seconds before smiling and apologizing for how bad that sentence had been. "I'm sorry, that was bad. Anywhos, how are you?"

Of course, these latter actions would only happen if he came across them with the big pile of books and scrolls upon the table.

{{  
So yeah, I'm back, sup?

Rules:
Missing ninja due to always being hunted are not allowed to make private topics, or include thread tags for the most part unless at their base of operations, or unless they are in the social zone of the black market.  Missing ninja are however allowed to make only private training threads due to them always being hunted. Missing ninja before entering a village, must make a topic at the gates, and wait 24-hours or until someone replies before you are allowed entry, should 24-hours pass you can claim entry into the village. Whilst in a village, a missing ninja does reserve the right to enter private threads should it be possible, at their own risk and potentially be caught infiltrating. A base of operations for missing ninja is territory in which they are not hunted, such can include if the Kage of such village has allowed you to stay within the village. (If allowed to stay in the village, you lose the ability to enter private threads) Missing ninja can also make private threads on the hide outs area of the country borders.

I was let in under false pretenses by someone well enough below the rank of Kage. They know me by a false personage, and believe me to be a civilian. There is no way that Ciel is "allowed to stay" by the RAI of the rules. Hell, the RAW only supports it if you read it in the vaguest of ways.

And to preempt your counterargument: people are allowed to add "private" and such tags to their topic even when they can't necessarily be enforced. It's in the first paragraph of topic rules. If done that way, the [p] tag is a request, not a requirement. So basically, yes, I've made [p] topics while I was in Hoshi, but none of them prevent people from joining the topic on a whim, they are just a statement of "please don't come in."
}}
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum