Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentToday at 2:17 pmShiro HyugaThe Fury Meets A FurryToday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoA toughtfull momentToday at 8:33 amKaikos BlossomFar Away Yesterday at 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 8:18 pmXena UchihaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 8:02 pmDante HyugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 1:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 34%
11 Posts - 16%
10 Posts - 14%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
David o' confused names
David o' confused names
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Noob Training (closed) Empty Noob Training (closed)

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:23 am
“But aren't ninjas supposed to be good at physical stealth and close quarters combat?!?”

Jeisuta was arguing with a teacher in the ninja academy, scarcely older than himself.

“How useful can a clone you see be, anyway?”

The teacher grinned. For all of Jeisuta’s inquisitiveness (they were in extra training after class), he was stubborn about his beliefs. As much s Jeisuta wished to learn the ways of the ninja, he was still suspicious and skeptical of what he considered parlor tricks. Oh how wrong he was.

“Let me show you.”

The teacher carefully used the hand seals for the basic clone jutsu. With a minor poof of smoke, exact duplicates appeared on either side of him, mirroring his every movement.

“The clones don’t mimic your sounds.” Jeisuta objected.

“Fair enough, but combat gets noisy, you often can't hear exactly where sounds come from.” the teacher replied.

Jeisuta poked at each of the two clones, his hands passing straight through. The teacher dispelled the jutsu and spoke. “Wait here”.

The teacher walked around the corner. Then he walked back. As did two copies. “Try it again” he said.

Jeisuta poked at one of the outside versions. Illusion. Middle one. Illusion. He poked at the third one, and was rewarded with a puff of smoke, and a falling brick that nearly landed on his foot.

“Forgot to mention that I might use the substitution jutsu as well”. The teacher spoke from behind Jeisuta.

He spun around, confused by the turn of events. The teacher stood behind him, a grin quite evident on his face. “So this time, I wasn't among the clones where you expected, right? Additionally I had a substitution prepared in the likely event you found me. Then I used the art of transformation….”

The teacher’s words cut off abruptly as he disappeared after some hand signs he had been surreptitiously using. He was replaced by a small bug. Jeisuta stared in disbelief. The bug poofed into a cloud of smoke, from which emerged the teacher. “I think you can imagine how I would have subcompact you, without elaboration on my part. Imagination and creativity are large parts of being a ninja, after all.”

Jeisuta was still a little baffled.

The teacher understood though. Jeisuta had come from a shinobi hating background, and like many, was very skeptical even after all the good the current batch had done. Of course, Jeisuta had to be more open minded than most, since he bothered to train for ninja class. That didn't mean he didn't question everything that happened along the way, however. At least he learned in his own way.

The teacher put a hand on Jeisuta’s shoulder. “Now, I understand that you are skeptical of the more… airy fairy mini arts. You prefer melee combat and physical weapons. That's perfectly fine, many ninjas rely on that. However, I do think there is no denying that even the more basic jutsu have their uses, wouldn't you agree?”

Jeisuta was silent, but nodded after a brief moment.

“Very well. Shall I teach you all three jutsu then? Technically, you only need the clone and the transformation techniques to graduate, but the art of substitution is not to be dismissed either.”

Jeisuta considered for a bit. “Just the two required ones for now. I know I'm not the easiest student to teach, and I probably need to practice the basic ones a lot. I will probably be back though, to take some instruction as to the art of substitution.”

“Sounds like a plan”, his tutor said. “Let us start with the Art of Transformation. Dog, Boar, Ram. Manipulate your chakra at the same time, weave an image of someone else around you. Try me, for instance.”

Jeisuta looked at the teacher carefully, then tried to imitate him. The first attempt did not go well, and bears no mentioning. The second, however, showed promise. In the third, however, the chakra web maintained itself while plastered over Jeisuta’s skin. Slowly he molded it until he took the guise of the teacher.

A small smile appeared on the teacher’s face. “There you go. Now, let’s make this a little harder.”

He gestured at Jeisuta to follow him to the edge of the courtyard. When they arrived, he spoke. “ I am going to pretend to be an elderly, your job is to help me cross that street, while appearing to be a Male Scout. No joke.”

He transformed into an elderly man, stopped over a stick he picked up off the ground, and looked at Jeisuta expectantly. Jeisuta had little choice, the man started walking for the road. Transforming into a Male Scout, he scurried up to the newly formed old man, and started helping him avoid passing people, carts, and flying objects. When they got to the other side, the absurdity of the situation hit him, and he cracked up, the disguise loosening and then ultimately dissipating. Oops.

“Aha! Gets people every time!”

The teacher’s words only attracted more attention. “When you relax your concentration, it falters! Always remember that. Now, lets go practice the other one.”

Jeisuta walked with the teacher back inside.

Time to practice the clone jutsu. He held his hand together, and performed the hand seals for the clone jutsu, remembering the hand seals from class. The teacher nodded approvingly, happy that someone had paid some attention for once. Slowly, he molded his chakra into two parts and wrenched them from his body. Forming them into the appearance of himself, he moved an arm. As he did this, he tried to link the pretend arm of the illusion to his own. The illusion dragged at first, but slowly began to move as well. He tried linking his legs when other arm. An experimental kick proved to be mirrored by the two copies, one on either side of him. Good progress.

Thanking the teacher, he left the building, his two clones side by side. Today had been a good day.

(Wc: 998, and this is not done.)
David o' confused names
David o' confused names
Citizen

Noob Training (closed) Empty Re: Noob Training (closed)

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Honestly, today had been a little surprising. Jeisuta had not expected to learn the jutsu for the exam so quickly. In fact, he could apply for the exam tomorrow. That was fast, honestly. You just had to pay attention and try to not mouth off the teacher. That's it. of course, the exam being tomorrow, he couldn't just go line up and take it now. But he still felt inadequate. Wouldn't hurt to put in a bit of extra training and see if he could grow some more. Maybe he could sneak it into the exam, see if he could get a little extra credit. Not that he expected to go beyond genin any time soon, more that he just wanted to see if he could improve his chances of passing the genin exam. Show that he was willing to put in more work than the next guy.

So, he stopped by the local Kozai Yuki archives on his way home. Looking around for a couple of low ranking jutsu, he also found a stack of free chakra testing paper, by the books of basic elemental jutsu.

"Cool! Let me take one"

Holding it in his hand, he was about to run some chakra through it, when he realized that the paper could react. So he walked outside. Holding the slip of paper between the index and middle fingers of his left hand (he is left handed, after all), he ran some chakra through the paper. Actually, he overdosed the paper, because his chakra control wasn't very good. He would have to work on that. If anything, the amount of flames that erupted from the chakra litmus paper, indicated to him that he needed to tone things down a bit, starting with his enthusiasm. If he was much closer to the building, it might have set on fire, and he privately suspected that he might be able to do this with ordinary paper as well. The flames were only supposed to be small you know.

He would have thrown away the chakra litmus paper stuff, except that it had vaporized, without really harming him. It was his own chakra after all. Fortunately. his heart rate had settled down some. Most former civilians, even the bandits, were not used to having large, dangerous looking flames, appear out of nowhere. That tended to be frightening the first few times one encountered such events.

Walking back inside the library, having sept the few ashes remaining into a trash bin, he looked at the most basic of fire jutsu available. An E rank, just like the two he had learned earlier today. 

"Fire release, Fire Stream?"

Cool.

He checked the book out, and headed home.

Almost.

On the way home, he stopped for some marshmallows, and a bunch of bricks. Carrying the lot home, for some good exercise mind you, he grabbed a stick off the ground and added it to his collection. He would need it for the fire training he was about to do.

(wc: 502, ttl wc: 1500)
David o' confused names
David o' confused names
Citizen

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:12 pm
Once he got home, Jeisuta got to work. He was going to use marshmallows to train two jutsu at once! Why? Because why not? He had found a second book tucked inside the first, labeled "The Mark Seal". He would return it to the library, obviously, but not before he gave it a good read and some practice.

He flipped through the pages. Fairly simple, actually, but it did require some chakra control. He was angling then, to place this concentration of chakra onto something else, a target, a marshmallow in this case, by sliding the chakra off of his body like he would for the clones, just without letting it dissipate.

Sounded simple enough.

He gathered the chakra on his fingertip, and prepared to extract it from his body. Slowly, he held the lump of chakra together, and began to shift it off of his fingertip. Pressing it against the body of a marshmallow, Jeisuta began to push the chakra onto the surface of the target, holding it together with concentration. Slowly, the mark appeared on the marshmallow. However, the first time, when he removed his fingers, the mrk disappeared.

A brief look through the manual implied that the mark did not have enough chakra put into it. Ok. Jeisuta tried again, this time doubling the chakra he put into the little mark. Inefficient, but effective.This time, when he placed the mark onto the marshmallow, it stayed. In fact, the mark was so effective, that it was not subtle, and it began to spread across the surface of the marshmallow.

Unsure of what to do, worried that the chakra might spread, Jeisuta ate it. Not like he didn't have a reason right? What if the marshmallow became dangerous? What if... the marshmallow was a cheap brand and not as delicious as he had been hoping? Oh well.

That meant he would have to roast the marshmallows then, before eating the entire bag in one sitting.

One by one, he began to pull out the marshmallows out of the bag, and implanted a little dot of chakra on them. AS he practiced, he changed the amount of chakra he used, starting out big, he made the dots increasingly small and hard to see, until they were coming apart. Then he had to nudge the chakra levels back up again until he found the sweet spot. Figuratively speaking, referring to the sizes of the chakra dots, since every part of a marshmallow is sweet. Not at all a bad joke there.

Anyways, he observed that as the chakra dots got smaller, they got harder to see visually, but he could sense that they were present. IT was like hearing a lot of white noise in the background, and rather distracting. 

He gathered some logs outside on the ground, and surrounded them with bricks. Using his newfound fire abilities, he one by one, stuck the marshmallows onto a poker, and tried to control the flames he emitted from his mouth. Like with the mark seal, this required some practice to get right, the first few became charred instantly, later ones needed multiple flambe's, and only the very last one was just right. Elated, he let out a perfect Fire Stream, only to realize he had just ruined the one good marshmallow left. Rats.

(exit)

(wc: 551. Ttc: 2051. Claiming: 

10 stats,

500 words towards each of

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t22310-clone-technique
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t22306-transformation-technique
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t22712-fire-release-fire-stream?highlight=stream
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t31713-v6-mark-seal?highlight=mark )
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Approved ×3
David o' confused names
David o' confused names
Citizen

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:38 pm
thanks!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum