Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Signed, Sealed, Delivered.Today at 5:24 amJunko TsukikoA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Today at 4:20 amJunko TsukikoLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 10:05 pmAkabayashi TerumiDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 7:47 pmYouta ShinkouFar Away Yesterday at 6:08 pmMegami KuogaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 2:31 pmOkisho UchihaA Few Errands to RunYesterday at 1:52 pmOkisho UchihaTeam 1!Yesterday at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Yesterday at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityYesterday at 1:23 amTori Jintaro
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
71 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
26 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Navi
Navi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 55500

A four man fight - Page 8 Empty Re: A four man fight

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:41 pm
[I try to add flavor to the battles as well, and have accounted for that in creating the timeline. Things did in fact happen in that order though, and I do not see how that could be up for debate.

As you conceeded the gas point, and say its for the spirit of compromise I can only say that you also mentioned I will still be under the effects of the gas. All you did was grant me one extra turn to still be enveloped in your gas canister, which I thought was realistic, not a point of contention that needed to be granted leniency.

As long as we're calling that lenient I'll say that I was also lenient in allowing the crossbow bolt to do more damage to me because I could only get a couple meters away at regular speed before it detonated. Although frankly I thought granting you that argument was realistic, not something that required leniency just as the paragraph above shouldn't need leniency.

To use my example as before in greater detail.

Turn 1.
Umtari: bla bla bla
Navi: bla bla bla, aimed a punch at Umtari

Turn 2
Umtari: bla bla bla stood ready for punch, aimed faster moving kick at Navi.
(it stands to reason that a punch would hit the opponent if no evasive action was taken, even if the faster moving kick did hit afterwards.)

If we cannot come to an agreement on the explosive bolt, then all we can do is attempt to compromise through another way. If your gas is spreading during this turn, if I were to run away (as paralysis has already worn off), would you agree that I would not be effected/enveloped in that gas cloud? Realize that this proposal does not involve the kunai/crossbow effect in anyway, as it would change my post to reflect a different action, meaning we could put that issue behind us and focus on the two we have already agreed on. My character would be running away because of the bolt you have already just fired, and as agreed would take damage if evasion was attempted at regular speed.
Umtari
Umtari
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 350

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:24 pm
((I continue to reject your timeline, if things were to go as you described then no reaction other than a dodge could ever come in before the event that triggered the reaction, even if the delay between the two was minimal and the reaction was faster than the action. By that logic your character would have several arrows sticking out of him by now because your blocks could never work because my arrows came first. In this regard my position is unchanged.

Your final paragraph was a little confusingly constructed. Would I be correct in saying that you are proposing 1. The explosion sends your kunai off wildly as I maintain it should. 2. You receive injury as a result of the explosion. 3. The gas does not reach you at all?

I propose a slight amendment to that, since I maintain some gas is going to reach you. I am however, willing to state, for the sake of getting on with things, that you get a really small dosage. Here is my proposal.

1. The explosion sends your kunai wildly off course. 2. You receive injury as a result of the explosion. 3. The gas only just reaches you, giving you a minimal dosage. This will have the effect of blurring your vision come next post and it will remain that way. But, no further degradation will occur, as in the normal course of events the gas would cause you to go almost entirely blind (for the duration of the fight).

Another way to read you post is we simply void the posts from where you fell off the tree onwards and just re do it with you hitting the ground, all be it very awkwardly due to the paralysis, staying there for a few moments and then rather than try and throw kunai’s you simply run. I’m not sure which of the two you were going for. However, for the sake of getting on with things. I’ll accept you either opting to void the past few posts or accepting my proposal above. Just indicate which one you went for (if you went for either of them) and then post or edit as appropriate. ))
Shuuhei Hirogaya
Shuuhei Hirogaya
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 50

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:52 pm
(This fight is going to go on for a long period of time. Maybe yall should ask a mod or something to give you their insight.)
Navi
Navi
Citizen

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm
[It did take time, but this is a spar, not a fight that we need to drag a mod in on for every mundane issue. I'm sure me and Umtari can resolve things amongst ourselves. Also, Umtari I did not understand your first paragraph at all. The logic and wording of it completely lost me.

For a final post to confirm what you are offering, let me just phrase what I believe you are saying, then you can ammend this or approve what I am saying so we can conclude.

1. I can reedit my last post to have me run away as soon as my paralysis body hits the ground, this event would happen before your arrow would hit the ground, meaning when your arrow did strike next to me, it would cause less damage then before as I had time to get further away. This action also voids the wire attack completely, but also keeps me entirely out of range of your gas.

(As a quick question, when does your gas cloud dissipate, as your equipment description is a little vague. I can see the gas symptoms listed post by post, but im sure the cloud of gas itself doesn't last that long.)

2. The wire is thrown off trajectory slightly (I am being extremely lenient here in conceding this point for you) and the explosive bolt hits very closely to me. The gas also reaches me around this time.

I believe those were the two options you gave me. Obviously I am going to choose option 1, as it avoids contention between the two of us and puts my character in a far better position. Please post back that you accept option one for our compromise so we can put all of this behind us. If not I await your next post.]
Umtari
Umtari
Citizen

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:13 pm

((Your description of option number one is mostly accurate. It would involve you editing or redoing the post from where you hit the ground onwards. The last post that will stay unedited is the one where I emerged from the tree using the gas grenade and the jutsu. The paralysis we negotiated previously would still have effect. You would be paralysed for one post just as before and to the same degree. This might involve you lying largely motionless on the ground for a while, I imagine it will but you might think of a way out of it. The understanding being that you will try to run away as soon as you can move. Similarly, my middle post where I fired the shot from the bow after fully emerging would also be voided and have to be redone depending on what you did. In short we are just winding back the clock and saying “okay go again.” Also, for the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of diplomacy I will say that so long as the gas grenade stays in Umtari’s hand it will take a full turn for the gas to reach down from the branch to where you land on the floor. Also, to make things clear I’ll give the time and date of the first post to be redone. Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:25 am by Navi

The second option you described is again largely accurate. It is as you describe but you don’t get the full effect of the gas. You get a tiny dose before you manage to flee which means your vision will blur upon your next post but it will not degrade any further.

I will accept you taking either option number 1 or number 2 as above. If it is still your intention to take option 1 I am happy with that. Also, in answer to your more general query the gas stays in the area for two minutes in the natural run of things. How that equates into posts is context specific. If all the posts are quick reaction posts which take course over mere seconds then the gas could hang around for 50 or 60 posts. If the posts are of a lurking around nature and gentle creeping then it could be a significantly smaller number. As a general rule when I’m turning posts into seconds I mime out the actions and count the seconds as I’m doing it (then making appropriate deductions for the fact were shinobi) that way I can keep rough track of how long the gas, paralysis etc has to run.

I hope that makes it clear. ))

Navi
Navi
Citizen

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:01 pm
[Alright I think that makes sense, I'll just proceed with a rewritten last post. Assume that the changes we agreed on were made. I think the turn then goes directly to you at the other two have posted.]

Navi hurriedly performed a handsign as soon as the effects of paralysis wore off, and Umtari's crossbow bolt was just fired, flying towards him. At regular speed he would not be able to avoid being hurt by such an attack. Instead, Navi opted for a shunshin, making him nearly untraceable as he dashed away and retreated about 30 meters. The explosion would detonate behind him as he ran causing no damage as he was now out of range. When he was sure he was out of Umtari's immediate line of sight he dashed up tree high into the branches. Navi was too cautious to get near Umtari now, he had a weapon of some sort in his hand and had too many tricks up his sleeve. Instead he strafed from tree to tree until he could get a better view of Umtari. Long range was not Navi's forte, but at least from this position he would be concealed from Umtari's view and be able to keep an eye on him. Navi clasped his hands together and focused his chakra for a jutsu. He kept gaze entirely on Umtari and watched from a distance, watching him intently.
Umtari
Umtari
Citizen

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 am
Umtari was sunk and he knew it, the paralysis had worn off just a fraction of a second too fast. Had it persisted any longer Navi would have been checking in for a short stay at the hospital, now Umtari knew that it was likely he who would be paying a visit to those nice medical ninja….again. But rather than just surrender to save himself the pain Umtari kept up the effort, he had his pride after all. His only chance now was to somehow lose Navi, hide himself and just sit there and wait, hoping Navi strolled past. It was not the best of plans but it was a plan none the less.

Vaulting down to a lower branch Umtari slipped the still leaking canister into his belt, this would result in the man being covered in a protective cloud of knock out gas, getting close to him would be dangerous. He then started to reposition just as Navi was repositioning. Navi was not quite as concealed as he might like to think, his red hair stood out. Particularly when he was moving from tree to tree, something red moving fast always attracts the eye. This allowed Umtari to have a vague idea where Navi was most of the time. As such he was able to put things such as trees, rocks and other things which would completely block vision between him and Navi.

As Umtari was moving from cover to cover he was taking a peculiar and erratic course, making plotting his movements and properly leading him harder. In order to make completely sure he shook Navi though Umtari had to use another one of his tools. Once Umtari had reached a gaggle of trees, rocks, shrubs and all sorts of other cover he could dive into he reached into his belt and pulled out a different canister. Pulling the pin and dropping it at his feet Umtari was swiftly covered in a giant cloud of smoke. The cloud produced was much large than that of a smoke bomb, about the size of a house, and also persisted for much longer. Seeing through the smoke by conventional means was impossible. Umtari could squat in that cloud and be invisible. What he was actually doing though was using that cloud to obscure which piece of cover he chose to hide in, then move from that cover to a different one and so on.

Once in cover he would move as much as was possible through unbroken visual cover and he would be moving away from Navi, keeping the smoke cloud between him and his opponent. Should his plan work Umtari would eventually come to a halt quite some distance away, squatting up in dense foliage in a tree, his camouflage blending in nicely.

((You slightly misinterpreted the offer, but I just don’t care anymore so I’m going to go with this. Let’s just get this over with.))
Navi
Navi
Citizen

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:30 pm
[Sorry, what did I misinterpret? We agreed at regular speed I would be damaged so I did a bodyflicker to make sure I didn't get hospitalized so the fight didn't end so quickly. If your talking about something else let me know.

Is it my turn now or Nero's? I think I got thrown off a little bit.]
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 24500

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:42 pm
Nero was starting to be bored. "How long is this training going to last ?" asked Nero to Shuuhei "Do you have any ideas ? Whatever , what kind of game you ask ? Well ..." , Nero got up from the ground , "Actually I don't know... I'm not a kind of person that plays too much games. I like playing Shogi but I suppose we can't play it here... And we're too old to play hide and seek." said Nero , smiling. "Maybe we may be able to return to the village if we don't interfere with them. Do you think we should head to the village ?". He started thinking , but he has never been on a mission with Umtari or trained with him before and he has never met Navi before the spar... So , he wasn't aware what either of them were capable of. He didn't want to risk being hit by one of their attacks when they were heading to the village , since neither him nor Shuuhei knew where those 2 were. He stilll had to lie to or hold some trees to walk or even stand up. He once again looked at Shuuhei and repeted "So... What do you think we should do ? Except if you know something fun we can do here , or have a slight thing in your mind about anything we can do... I'm just bored."... He was now lying his back to the tree , stood up...

[WC : 3501]
Shuuhei Hirogaya
Shuuhei Hirogaya
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 50

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:23 pm
Looking to his leg, once again, he worried about moving it around. He knew his bone was broke, but he wondered how he would make it back to the leaf villiage. He doubt any of the others will help him, which is why he look about for a large piece of wood. "It could take forever, i doubt these two will give up anytime soon. And i to am getting tired of waiting for them to finish." He states as Noroi raises up on his leg. Turning, his palms touch upon the ground as he used his free leg to try and raise him up. His broken one raised up as he push up with his palms. Hopping on his free leg as he used his hand to hold him up by lying upon he tree beside him. Touching down with his broken leg, he gave a slight cringe as he was sure he could not walk on it. "I say we head back to the villiage, i don't want to be hit by his arrows again, especially while defensless. Seeing as Navi can deflect them quite easy." he states as he look for a thick and long stick.

Looking left to right, he hop foward some as he look ocer beside the tree he was on. "Plus, there is no game we can play at the moment. We can barely move for pete sakes." he states as he gave a crack of his spine. Looking up as he saw a seperated tree branch lodged in to the trees above. Raising his free hand, he pulled it loose from the tree. "Alright, i guess i can use the branch ton help me het to the villiage. You ready?" he askes as he lost all interest in the spar in question.

WC: 3800
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum