Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 12:04 pmAkki SenjuA Few Errands to RunToday at 11:52 amOkisho UchihaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Today at 10:34 amHasumi HayatoTeam 1!Today at 12:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Yesterday at 11:36 pmKutari UchihaBrutalityYesterday at 11:23 pmTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyYesterday at 11:06 pmAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Yesterday at 10:55 pmAzuki ShinodaGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 5:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoYesterday at 12:32 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
66 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
23 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Saturn
Saturn
Chunin
Chunin
Stat Page : Saturn's Shenans

Business: Orbital Oddities & Palm Predictions
Mission Record : Missions

Summoning Contract : Dragonflies, Octopuses

Familiar : (MIMAS)

Remove Bukijutsu Remove Kanjutsu Jikūjutsu Default
Wind Remove Water Lightning Remove Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 0

Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique Empty Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique

Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:11 pm
Name: Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique
Element: Yin release
Specialty: Sensory/Fuuinjutsu
Particular Jutsu Type: -
Backstory: This 'technique' was a trap engineered by the Yamanaka clan to entrap unsuspecting opponents. It builds on its parent jutsu Mind Body Switch Technique. The use of an inanimate object to imprison a target's consciousness improved upon the working of the parent jutsu, which required the user to share the target's body with the target's own mind. With this new technique, the target is expelled from their own body, allowing the user to operate even more freely once the target is successfully possessed.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
First phase: The user plants a seal on the puppet's face and performs the necessary hand seals to set the trap and then transfer their mind into the puppet. The seal is placed on the body on the puppet itself. The seal during this phase is inactive and undetectable except with the use of a sensory technique or chakra vision equal to or greater in power than the version of this technique that is used.

Second phase: The user's consciousness is in the puppet. Their chakra may be sensed if they are not actively repressing it. When the user decides to attack the target, the user may use up to two weapons in their inventory to attempt to land a hit on the target. 

Third phase: The user's mind and the target's switch places, placing the target's mind in the puppet, and the user's mind in the target's body. The user mimics the target's chakra signature while in possession of their body, making it difficult to detect their control except by the active use of a sensory or chakra vision. technique that has a greater power than this technique. 

Handseals: 
A: 6 (Monkey, Hare, Ram, Horse, Bird, Yamanaka clan hand seal)
S: 8 (Monkey, Hare, Ram, Horse, Bird, Serpent, Boar, Yamanaka clan hand seal)
Duration: Upto 5
Cooldown: Posts used +2
Range: 40/50 meters
Power: 50/70
Speed: 50/70
Health: -
Stat Boosts: -
What it does:
This technique consists of three stages. The shortest duration that the technique may be executed within is one post, for which a minimum of 40/50 (First Phase) + 20/25 (Second Phase) shall be paid. Otherwise upkeep is paid normally with no additional activation costs. Aborting this technique or failure causes the user to return to their original body at Jutsu speed, and for this technique to go on cooldown. This will be made clear by breaking this technique down into phases.

First phase (40/50 AP): The user sets up a straw doll at a position on the battlefield as a trap. They perform the necessary hand seals to create a curse seal on the body of the puppet and transfer their mind into the dummy. The user also equips the dummy with one or two weapons from their inventory at this stage. The user's mind is in the body of the puppet. The user's body may be moved no further than 500 meters from the puppet. While in the body of the puppet, the user's chakra is detectable unless they are suppressing it. From the body of the puppet, the user can see, smell, and hear the world around them just as well as they could from their original body. Also, the user may use their sensory techniques fr
om the body of the puppet. The user may abort this technique and return to their body during this phase or proceed with the second phase.

Second phase (20/25 AP if same post as First phase): At any point the user may opt to fully activate the puppet and attack the target. The range of this technique is within jutsu range from the puppet's position. The user may manipulate the body of the puppet to move within the range of this technique, and they may throw their chosen weapon(s) within the same range. However, the sum of the distance traveled by the puppet and the distance traveled by the weapon(s) may not exceed the range of this technique. All attacks are carried out at Jutsu speed and power.

The seal is activated when the user decides to attack. During the attack, the seal may only be seen or otherwise detected by the user's intended target unless a technique of a higher power is used to actively detect this seal. The seal can be seen within the Jutsu's range with the naked eye (by the intended target), by chakra vision, or sensed by chakra sensory, and targeted by jutsu debuffs. The seal if detected immediately triggers the third stage stat check. This technique assumes that if the target chooses to attack the puppet, the seal is visible as it is embodied by the puppet itself. Should either of the attacks inflict damage to the target, this technique will assume that the target then detects the seal by tracing the origin of the attack, and the stat check would be triggered. The user has the power to choose a target within the jutsu range and ensure that only the intended target is affected by the stat check. If damage is inflicted to the target by this attack, the mind swap occurs after damage has been dealt.

The total duration of the First and Second phase may not exceed 5 posts.

Third phase: Should the target fail to have a chakra equal to or greater than the power of this technique, the user's mind and the target's swap places at jutsu speed and power. The target's mind is ensnared inside the body of the puppet. The user gains control of the target's body. This phase, if successful, extends the duration of the technique by an additional 2 (A) or 3 (S) turns starting from the user's post after the target's post that includes their failed stat check.

On what happens if the puppet is destroyed:

This technique, only when mastered enables the user to employ up to two weapons instead of one during the second phase of this technique.

This technique, when mastered twice enables the user to use any apped item in their possession that has a health of 100 as the prop in this technique in place of the straw puppet. This attack inherits the trait of the item used if applicable. In this scenario, the user may attempt only one strike at the target in the second phase, directly with the body of the item that is employed.
All speed and power involving the movements of minds from and into bodies during this technique occurs at jutsu speed and power.  

Character Specific: No
Wordcount to learn: 2500/4000
Action Cost: 40/50, +20/25 upkeep
Mastery: Yes (requires Sixth Sense 1.1)
Bonus Requirements: Straw PuppetMind Body Switch Technique
Canon, Custom, Bloodline, or Village Exclusive: Hiden, Canon

Last edited by Saturn on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:05 pm; edited 12 times in total
Kosuke Sashihara
Kosuke Sashihara
Citizen
Stat Page : Ko's Chart
Health: 300 | AP: 1440
Vigor: 100 | Chakra: 150
Speed: 40 | Strength: 10

Remove Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : N/A
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 90500

Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique Empty Re: Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique

Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:26 pm
You knew this would be troublesome when you submitted and it looks like I'm the lucky one so let's get started.

"(Monkey), Tiger, Snake, Horse, Ram, Yamanaka signature hand seal"

- Is there a reason Monkey is in parenthesis? I couldn't find clarity on this reading through the technique.

"When the user decides to attack the target, the user may use up to two projectile weapons in their inventory along with the limb of the puppet to attempt to land a hit on the target. Should the target fail the chakra stat check, the concurrent swap of minds takes place at jutsu speed with the target's consciousness and the user's own leaving their vessels simultaneously."

- Are these projectiles coming from the user's original body or the puppet or from anywhere within range of the jutsu? Does the stat check trigger from a hit by the puppet only or can the projectiles trigger the stat check as well? I find this entire weapon section to be somewhat problematic

Range: 50/70 meters
Power: 50/70
Speed: 40/50 meters

- Are the speed and range meant to be swapped here?

Stat Boosts: +30/50 throwing speed

- This aspect feels problematic for a sensory technique. With how weapon heavy this tech is leaning I would rather see you make this a Bukijutsu tech that would benefit from the built in bonus of +40 throwing speed if you want an effect like this.

"Aborting the new body upon the user's own decision or the completion of 2/3 turns will cause the user to return to their body at their own speed, and the technique to go on cooldown."

- Since this is your mind traveling and not your body I don't understand why it is user speed. Please change this to jutsu speed.

- This technique as a whole has a lot of complexity and effects going on. As such I believe the handseals for this technique should be higher than the base of 6 for S-rank. As it stand I think this should be no less than 8 handseals.

Let's start with this and see.
Jupiter
Jupiter
Missing-Nin (C-rank)
Missing-Nin (C-rank)
Stat Page : Jupiter's Stats
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Default
Village : Tsukigakure
Ryo : 302200

Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique Empty Re: Hiden: Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique

Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:50 am
I didn't mean to trouble you Ko, but your feedback has given me a few ideas

First, let me address your concerns one by one.
1) The parenthesis was meant to indicate an extra hand seal required for the S ranked version. I can put down as many hand seals as required but I request that we deal with the core competency of the technique itself before slapping on the seals, 'cause it is not as important to me as the function.
2) Addressed below
3) Yes, speed and range were supposed to be swapped, I made a mistake  :face:
4) Addressed below
5) I accept that Jutsu speed is more sensible in this case now that you put it like that.
6) 8 hand seals is acceptable to me.

This technique employs Sensory (for possession), Bukijutsu (as a distraction), and Fuuinjutsu (to seal the target's mind in an inanimate object). For the sake of simplicity, I've categorized this technique under Sensory. I believe this makes the most sense since the final outcome of this jutsu once it is carried out to completion is ultimately the possession of the target's body using mind transfer. Since this is a hiden technique unique to the Yamanaka clan and most other Yamanaka hiden techniques are based off of sensory as well, classifying this technique as the same would be more sensible for utility by Yamanaka builds. That said, I see how the current draft of this technique seems to rely a little too heavily on Bukijutsu.
Thus, I propose the following changes and clarifications;

Sensory will remain a requirement for learning this technique. 1 Bukijutsu technique and 1 Fuuinjutsu technique of B rank or above shall be the bonus requirements for learning this technique. Bukijutsu and Fuuinjutsu if possessed as specialties provide boosted capacity to the technique.

2nd phase: The trigger of the chakra stat check is the target's detection of the seal on the face of the dummy within the range of the jutsu. This seal can be seen to the naked eye, or by chakra vision (which would activate the tech), or sensed by chakra sensory, and targeted by jutsu debuffs. This seal only needs to be seen by the target to trigger the stat check. To be sure, this only triggers the check and does not confirm the 3rd phase. My reference for this mechanism is the approved Fuuinjutsu Mortifying Sight . If the user has Fuuinjutsu as a specialty, the this jutsu has a boosted power of 20/30 during this phase.

The attack shall come in the form of one projectile weapon in the user's inventory being launched from the body of the dummy towards the target at Jutsu speed and power. This is just the user swinging the dummy's limb to launch a planted weapon at the target. The dummy will be allowed to move within the jutsu's range to get a good look at the target. Should the weapon hit its mark or be seen by the target, this technique will assume that the target has traced its origin to the face of the puppet and the stat check will be triggered. If the user has Bukijutsu as a specialty, the user may use up to two projectile weapons from the inventory both of which will launch at Jutsu speed and power at the target during this phase. If the second phase fails, the seal on the face of the dummy disappears and the technique goes on cooldown.

Let me know what you think.

Kosuke Sashihara
Kosuke Sashihara
Citizen

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:38 am
"If the user has Fuuinjutsu as a specialty, the this jutsu has a boosted power of 20/30 during this phase."

- Please remove this stat boosting portion.

"The attack shall come in the form of one projectile weapon in the user's inventory being launched from the body of the dummy towards the target at Jutsu speed and power. This is just the user swinging the dummy's limb to launch a planted weapon at the target."

- So just to clarify will this need to be a pre-placed weapon near the puppet/dummy that comes from your inventory and not something internal to the puppet or being pulled out of your bag or spatial storage dimension?

- Pease state what happens if:
  • The puppet is destroyed while the user's mind is inside.
  • The puppet is destroyed while the target's mind is inside.

- How limited or not is your movement of this puppet? I understood it better before when it seemed to be stationary until you launched it in a straight/curved line at user throwing speed. Your description of the seal creation says a beam travels up to jutsu range until it reaches the prop. In a situation where the puppet is not actually in your hand is it able to move itself? If so I don't know why the movement would be at user throwing speed.

- This technique being solely Sensory doesn't feel right considering the effects it has alongside the fact that the Mortifying Sight technique you are using as a basis for the seal mechanics is a Sensory/Fuinjutsu requirement technique. Given that I am going to request that this technique have the same requirements.
Saturn
Saturn
Chunin
Chunin

Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:54 am
1) I can do that. There will now be no conditional boosts or effects based on the user's specialties.
2) This will be in the form of one or two weapons assigned to the body of the puppet prior to or upon casting the technique within the same thread.
3) Addressed below
4) Nothing will be in the user's throwing speed after edits. I haven't made changes to the post since we discussed. All will now be Jutsu speed and power. I propose that the seal will be placed when the weapon is assigned to the puppet, and the initial AP cost be paid during this action instead of when the user's mind enters the puppet. This technique will be reclassified as Sensory/Fuuinjutsu to justify similar triggers to the technique we referred.
5) The puppet will only gain the capacity to move within the specified range of the Jutsu in a straight or curved line after the user's mind has entered the puppet and only during the second phase of the technique. 

I further propose that the current mastery slots are fully replaced with the capacity of using two weapons (and two hit attempts) instead of one in tandem with this technique upon the first mastery, and an appropriate power boost upon the second mastery. 

On what happens if the puppet is destroyed:
If the user has their original mind in the puppet, the damage inflicted to the puppet is passed onto the user 1:1. This can be negated however if the user used Mind Clone Switch Technique
If the puppet is destroyed while the target is sealed within, the damage inflicted to the puppet is transferred to the target. If however the user is in possession of the target's body, the damage is also transferred to the user as well, unless they abort the target's body in time.

If the user uses their sensory or s/t techniques from the target's body, they will now use their own AP in all cases dealing with the use of this technique, though I may app an AP draining technique down the line. 

Let me know what you think about these suggestions!
Kosuke Sashihara
Kosuke Sashihara
Citizen

Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:52 pm
I think we are getting somewhere. I would like to see the edited version with everything discussed so it can be look over in full again. I recommend you keep an external copy of this version for your own reference of your vision for the technique.
Saturn
Saturn
Chunin
Chunin

Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:50 pm
Ive reworked the technique. I tried to make it as simple as possible and in accordance to what we discussed, with a few minor changes.
Kosuke Sashihara
Kosuke Sashihara
Citizen

Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:19 pm
"The seal may be engraved on a paper tag, or on the body on the puppet itself."

- Since this technique is centered around the puppet aside from the mastery options please clarify that the paper tag is attached to the pupper or remove the paper tag portion

"The user mimics the target's chakra signature while in possession of their body, making it difficult to detect their control."

- Does this mean the chakra signature is actually indistinguishable or can certain techniques/Dojutsu see a difference?

"Duration: Upto 5"

- Since the duration of this technique is variable depending on factors can you put something like "Explained below" for the duration and then note how long you are able to be in the second stage before the technique goes on cooldown like you do in the third stage portion. 

"The seal if detected immediately triggers a stat check failing which the target will be unable to move for one post."

- For simplicity in reading can you change this to "The seal if detected immediately triggers the third stage stat check." Then move this 'stun' portion to the third stage as an outcome of failing the stat check. (Though I am not sure why this is necessary since the mind transfer triggers if the stat check is failed.)

"Should the target fail to have a chakra equal to or less than the power of this technique"

- I believe this should be "Chakra equal to or greater than the power..."

"This phase if successful, removes the stun on the target's body (in the user's possession) and resets the duration of the technique, to either 2 (A) or 3 (S) turns starting from the user's post after the target's post that includes their failed stat check."

- Please change this from "resets the duration" to "extends the duration of the technique by either 2 (A) or 3 (S) turns..." for the sake of clarity on how this relates to the cooldown of the technique.

- For the cases where the seal is broken on the puppet while the target is inside or the puppet is destroyed with the target inside does the target's mind return to their body and force the user's mind out? Please clarify this for me.
Saturn
Saturn
Chunin
Chunin

Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:13 am
1) Removed the paper tag from the equation

2) Now clarified, "The user mimics the target's chakra signature while in possession of their body, making it difficult to detect their control except by the active use of a sensory or chakra vision. technique that has a greater power than this technique. "

3) Clarified; "This technique consists of three stages. Initiating each phase costs action points. The shortest duration that the technique may be executed is within one post, for which a minimum of 40/50 + 20/25 + 20/25 AP shall be paid. The second phase of the technique may be stretched out, to stall longer in the body of the dummy for example, of break down the attack into two posts instead of one if this technique is mastered. Each turn beyond the first invariably costs 20/25 AP as upkeep, with an additional cost of 20/25 AP during the second phase if choosing to attack with both weapons in the same post. Aborting this technique or failure causes the user to return to their original body at Jutsu speed, and for this technique to go on cooldown. This  will be made clear by breaking this technique down into phases." ~~The duration will now not exceed five unless third phase is initiated on the fourth or fifth post and duration is reset.

4) Clarified; "The seal if detected immediately triggers the third stage stat check. This technique assumes that if the target chooses to attack the puppet, the seal is visible as it is embodied by the puppet itself."

5) Changed '..reset..' to extend

6) Added detail, '

For the cases where the seal is broken on the puppet while the target is inside or the puppet is destroyed with the target inside the target returns to their original body, but cannot reclaim control while the user is paying upkeep unless they have a higher vigor stat than the power of this technique.'

7) Added detail about inheriting weapon traits for doubly mastered version in place of attempting two strikes
Kosuke Sashihara
Kosuke Sashihara
Citizen

Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:13 pm
Trial Approved!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum