Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
A toughtfull momentToday at 8:33 amKaikos BlossomFar Away Yesterday at 8:56 pmMegami KuogaLord Paramounts Of The TridentYesterday at 8:25 pmShikami ShinkouDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 8:18 pmXena UchihaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 8:02 pmDante HyugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 1:51 pmDante HyugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 11:52 amMarabelle Blossom
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 35%
11 Posts - 16%
9 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 12%
4 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : Senshi and Ryou
Remove Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Lightning Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 0

Meeting the Kazakage (Guren) Empty Meeting the Kazakage (Guren)

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:56 pm
Travin awoke on his not so new mattress that he had gotten from a friend for cheep. He wasn’t making a lot of money as a new genin with no team to take on any better paying missions with, and his fridge was starting to look barren, as were his cabinets. What he did have in abundance, however, was a strong will and a give them hell attitude that hadn't led him wrong so far. He was proud of that fact, at least he never backed down from anyone. Of course there was a difference in backing down and showing respect for one's superiors, that much he did know, but in a fight or an augment he never backed down and came out swinging, so to speak anyway as he was not that strong but his jutsu was and that he was told on more than one occasion. Grabbing his jacket off the old couch he had in the living room of his apartment. Sliding it on as he walked out the door, he was off to meet someone of great import in the village. While it was customary at least with the current that the Kazakage meet with most of the genin at least once. Travin couldn’t help but to think that maybe his would be different. Just maybe he could impress on the man and somehow show his potential. He knew that he was destined to be one of the most powerful people in the village. What he didn’t know is how long it would take him to get to that point, or just how many bodies he would have to leave laying first, but nothing would stop him from rising to where he needed to be. 

While his eyes wasn’t on the Kazakage’s hat or position. It was on power and recognition within the village, as well as outside of it. He craved that one day his name would strike fear into peoples hearts and minds, just like Kenshins did. That day was far in the future, he knew, but one day he would reach that point. Travin stepped off of his small porch and blinked the sun out of his eyes it was getting close to noon, and Travin was hoping that his meeting was not taking place during the Kazakage’s lunch, as he made his way through the village. Waving at a few people that knew him from the few missions he had taken and the stores that he normally shopped at. Travin arrived at the spire, only living a few blocks away at the corner of the residential area. 

The spire was cooled as the air conditioner was blowing cold air out. Travin took a deep breath, enjoying the cool air for a second before walking on into the building and up to the desk. A woman sitting behind the desk looked up at him as he approached, expecting him to say something. “I’m here to see the Kazakage” Travin would tell the one. His tone firm yet not demanding. The women would motion for Travin to take a seat. He overheard her talking to someone as he walked away towards the seat. He was hoping that he wouldn’t have to wait too long, but even if he did, it would be worth it for the chance. He would lean back in the seat and get comfortable while he waited, looking around the building. It was a lot nicer than the little apartment that he had been living in, and part of him wondered if the Kazakage lived in the spire or if he had another house somewhere else in the village. After all, he didn’t really make it over all too much. 

WC-619
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Big Blood
Living Clones : Zidane
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 25000

Meeting the Kazakage (Guren) Empty Re: Meeting the Kazakage (Guren)

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:33 am
Working her regular shift, Jasmine would sit quietly at the receptionist desk and conduct her typical assignments. She'd file papers, schedule meetings for the Third, and handle the incoming requests from those who wanted a presence with Guren. Although she wasn't the Kazekage, she was just as busy as him. And today would be no different. But her efficient system of handling the Spire's traffic would mean that she kept the wait times short and people were consistently dealt with. In any case, as she worked at her desk she heard the approaching sounds of footsteps. Raising her eyes to meet those of the stranger, she'd offer her normal and courteous smile and inquire, "How can I help you today?" She was met with a simple request from the young man, who stated he wished to speak with the Kazekage. But unfortunately the request alone wasn't enough information at face value. Sure Guren's schedule was relatively clear for the day, but she at least required some basic information from the boy. "Well that's fine and all, but you won't be meeting him until I have your name and status within Sunagakure. He may know who you are, but I don't." Her tone was informative, and not rude in the slightest. But after dealing with hundreds of requests a week, the process was like clockwork to her. 

In the meanwhile, Guren would sit behind his large and wooden desk. Seated within the leather chair, he'd finish up the paperwork he had on hand and would look at the time. It was almost time for him to go to lunch, and so he'd put a pause on his work and rise from his desk. Grabbing ahold of his floral yukata from the corner of the room, he'd drape it across his body and slide his arms into its sleeves. Following this he'd proceed towards the exit of his office and place his hand firmly upon the transport seal on the wall. Within a moment's notice, he'd teleport down onto the first floor of the spire where the receptionist desk was. At first he was shocked that there was no one in the waiting room, save for Jasmine and a boy bearing a Sunagakure headband. Walking up to Jasmine's desk, Guren would interrupt the dialogue between the two right after the genin would give his name and status to Jasmine. Assuming the genin did indeed give his name, Guren would think momentarily on it and try to recall if he had read up on his file or not. Truthfully there had been an influx of shinobi lately and so names and faces were beginning to elude him. In any case, he'd embrace the moment and look to familiarize himself with this genin like he did with all the rest.

"Well, I'm guessing this is another meeting for me huh?" he'd inquire while visually inspecting the genin before him. "I can't say I've met you before. But you caught me right on my lunch break. What say we go grab a bite to eat together, and discuss whatever you wanted to talk about over lunch?"

WC = 521
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:30 pm
The lady at the desk asked for Travins name, rank and reason for meeting with the Kazakage. Travin understood the question and knew that it was for good reason, after all one can not simply walk into the Kazakage’s office. I’m an idiot, he thought to himself, forgetting the simplest of things for an important meeting with probably one of if not the most important people in the village. “My name is Travin Wraith, and I’m one of the new genin. I was told to come here to request a meeting with the Kazakage as an introduction, and a chance to impress upon him my potential as a shinobi.” Travin answered the question, loosing a slight bit of his confidence he had earlier when he walked in. Travin head the bell ring for the elevator but didn’t bother to turn and see who it was getting out, after all he was here to meet with the Kazakage. 

However, Travins mouth nearly hit the desk before he could catch it when the man himself stepped up to the desk. It was the last thing that Travin had thought would happen. He had come here expecting to be put in the back of the line as a minor thing, and would sit at the bench for a good while before being allowed to enter and see the Kazakage, but here he was standing beside him like it was nothing. Travin was sure for him, it was nothing, but for Travin it was crazy. Possible, a once in a lifetime chance meeting. He quickly gathered himself up as Guren asked if this was another meeting for him, and when he asked Travin out for lunch. He thought his heart was going to pop out of his chest, it was beating so hard. He had known that Guren met with most of the genin if not all at some point, but he had never heard of one being asked to go out for lunch with the man. “Yes sir” Travin managed to get out before getting a hold of himself. “I would love to go have lunch with you” he said, regaining control of his star stuck self.

WC-364 TWC-983
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:23 am
As Guren inspected the genin before him known as Travin, he tried to take particular note of his build. Since he did not have the opportunity to review Travin's file, the Third was unsure of what Travin was capable of and proficient in. And considering the setting of their meeting, lunch, he'd be unable to gauge this further. Visually Guren's first thought was that the genin was tall. Taller than the other genin in the village, and than Guren himself. Yet he didn't seem to be too stocky. He was relatively slender, so he likely wasn't proficient in either bukijtusu or taijutsu. Guren could infer that Travin was a disciple of more chakra based specialties, and if that was the case then maybe he could teach the genin a thing or two. He deduced all of that in just a moment's glance. And when he finished, Travin would accept his offer for lunch.

Guren offered a slight smile and a head nod. He'd direct his attention back over towards Jasmine and offer her some instructions upon his departure. "Hey Jasmine, push off my next meeting thirty minutes. I'll take a slightly longer lunch today." The woman would nod in response and scribble in her notepad that sat upon her desk. Following this, Guren would return his gaze back towards Travin and approach him and place his hand lightly upon his shoulder. "Have you ever been to Oasis? It's become my favorite place in the village to eat.  I've been meaning to try their onigri and chicken katsu. Let's get a move on."

Guren would remove his hand from the shoulder of Travin and proceed towards the exit of the Spire. He'd lead the way towards the restaurant, assuming Travin would keep up. It wasn't very far, being only three blocks away. All it took was walking through the Grove, into the market square, and down the street. And as the pair walked, Guren would take the opportunity to try to get to know Travin a bit better. 

"So Travin, what made you become a ninja?"

WC = 345. TWC = 866
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:56 am
Travin felt the gaze of Guren the third Kazakage look him over, taking his worth in a matter of seconds. While unsettling, it didn’t last long before Guren invited Travin out to eat at some place called oases. He had not been there yet, but had planned on going at some point once he had some money to spare. “No sir, I have yet to go there” Travin would tell Guren his voice regain some of his confidence that he had when he first walked in. Walking out the building with Guren was an entirely new feeling. People were looking at them, which was expected since Guren was the Kazakage, but people never looked at Travin like this, and it was something new. It was what he wanted. He wanted people to at him in aww and respect like they were Guren. 

The question didn’t really come as a surprise for Travin he had figured that Guren would want to learn more about him and what makes him, him as well as why he should pay attention to this one genin out of all the others. “I have always had an easy time with ninjutsu, sir” Travin said, getting into his explanation. “My parents were builders that help maintain and build the village, and they thought I would be as well, but when I started molding chakra around four or five they started thinking otherwise.” Travins voice would grow softer when he talked about his parents before picking back up and gaining the firmness it normally held. “They started to take extra shifts and stuff to pay for tutors to teach me how to properly control it. However, they were killed in a tragic accident, saving the lives of the rest of their team while a building collapsed. After that I was sent to live with my cousins who didn’t want to pay to continue my studies, but I learned anyway and remembered what my parents wanted.” Travin would take a small break, taking a deep breath before continuing. “I guess you could say I became a shinobi because that's what my parents thought would be best for me and my talents. Then, when my cousins and aunts and uncles didn’t think I was good enough for it, I did it just to prove them wrong. Now it's a mixed bag, I partially want to become as strong as I can just to show them that my parents were right. While, I also want to gain the recognition and respect of my pears by becoming a powerful shinobi, but the most important reason is that I want to be able to protect my friends and family from any danger, as well as the village sir. I don’t want anyone to go through what I did, losing my parents like that when almost any shinobi would have been able to help get them out.” with another pause, Travin would add one final line, “I guess I became a shinobi to protect this village and do what is necessary that others can not sir.” 

Travin would wait and hope that he had answered the question correctly he had been honest, and had to work his way to his answer, as he had never thought about it before. He felt that he had given the correct answer, since the only correct answer would be the truth. He just hopped that Guren would agree with him.

WC-572 TWC-1555
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 am
It was interesting to hear Travin's background. His family seemed to be committed to the upkeep of Sunagakure, which was always admirable. Those stories were never heard too often anymore, as most people seemed to flee to Sunagakure as some sort of haven. But hearing that his parents had contributed to possible the rebuild of the village along with its upkeep was inspiring. The loyalty that took was tremendous and Guren would commend Travin's late parents for that. In any case, Travin's own story was interesting too. He seemed to have some type of chip on his shoulder, and that's what motivated him to become stronger. That along with the fact that he wanted to protect those he loved. The second motive was a reason Guren could sympathize with, as a father he desired to do the same. His third part to the answer was focused on protecting the village. Interesting. Self, loved ones, and village. Those had been Travin's priorities, likely in order. Guren reflected on this silently as Travin spoke and the pair walked towards Oasis. When Travin finished speaking, Guren offered him a slight nod. "Interesting Travin. Would you say that's your order of priorities? Yourself, your family, then your village?"

There was no right or wrong answer to this, yet the timing of Guren posing the question would be perfectly aligned with when the two would arrive at Oasis. Upon seeing its entrance, Guren would add another comment before Travin would be able to respond. "Hold that thought, think on it a bit and get back to me later. For now, there it is. Oasis in all its glory." Guren would say with a slight wave of his hand towards the direction of the restaurant. It had originally been some dingy hole in a wall place, but after donations and visits from Guren himself the place had renovated itself nicely. Now its exterior was sleek, modern, yet still characteristic of Sunagakure culture.

"Let's go in, I'm starving."

Guren would lead the way and once he entered the building, he'd be readily greeted by the waitstaff. They'd show him to his table in the rear of the building, and seat both men at it. Upon the table were two menus, closed and awaiting to be opened. Guren however had been here so many times he had the menu memorized. Plus he already knew what he wanted: onigri and chicken katsu. Nevertheless he'd allow Travin several minutes to look over the menu before he'd wave towards the wait staff. "I'll have the onigri and chicken katsu. And whatever the boy is having." The waitress would listen for Travin's order and once she received it, she'd scribble down in her notepad the orders of the two. She'd offer a curtesy to Guren out of respect and then head off to the kitchen. Following this, Guren would fold his arms and lean back in his chair.

"So what's your answer? And would you be willing to sacrifice any one for the other two?"

WC = 503. TWC = 1369
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:39 pm
Travin walked alongside of Guren thinking about his question like he told to. They arrived at the restaurant and Travin was also curies as to what the place served. He had heard that it was good and not too expensive for the proportions they gave you, but it was still out of his price range as a genin. Travin would nod to Guren in agreement as they walked in. The people at Oasis immediately set them, mostly due to Guren running the village, Travin was sure. It was a very nice place with a cool atmosphere and nice calm music playing lightly in the background. Travin picked up one of the menu’s and started to look over it. The place offered a pretty decent selection of things to eat. After taking a few moments to glance over the menu, Travin closed it and placed it back down on the edge of the table, as the waiter walked back over. Guren ordered first, getting the onigri and chicken katsu. Followed by Travin who just found out that Guren was going to be paying for it. With that new information, he changed his order in his head. Going with the rib eye rare. 

Once the waiter was gone, Guren leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, looking over at Travin and asked what his answer was. Travin took a second and leaned forward, resting his arms on the table, his hands in front of him, fingers interlocked. “To be honest, sir. If you're asking me if I would die for the village or my family. I would.” Travin would take a deep breath, letting it set in before continuing. “However, if you're asking me if I could kill my family or myself for the village. I can not answer that, as I have never had to face that situation, and I do not want to lie to you.” Taking another short break, looking up to look Guren in the eyes as he spoke the lines before continuing. “If you want to know if I can be the bad guy in the eyes of the people of the village and my family. For the greater good of the village. I can do that, and if you're asking if I could kill for you and not let anyone find out. I feel I could accomplish the task sir” 

Travin would pull his arms back and lean back into the chair, letting his hand fall into his lap. Feeling as a burden had been lifted from him. Guren was asking him questions that he never thought about before, and he figured that is why he was the Kazakage. He had lived through probably these hard decisions or knew someone that had and saw first hand the indecisiveness it could cause. He would stay calm for the most and wait for Gurens response.

WC-479 TWC-2034
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:20 pm
As the waitress took the two's order back towards the kitchen, Guren's question was well received by Travin. As a proper shinobi, he admitted that he'd lay down his own life for the village and his family. He stated he'd kill for not only Sunagakure, but Guren himself. And lastly, the honesty he showed when answering the question regarding how he'd handle his own family was commendable. Truthfully it was a part of the question which Guren didn't even think was necessary for the genin to answer, but nonetheless interesting. And Guren himself knew his own answer, frankly put he would not kill his family for his village. He had already lost his loved ones once, that was something he would not allow a second time. Especially not at his own hands. But fate and the future had a funny way of presenting themselves, so it was difficult for anyone to answer a question like that. Regardless, Guren nodded in acknowledgement of the truth that Travin offered. 

"Thank you for your honest and your for your honesty and your commitment to Sunagakure, Travin. Questioning the mental and morals of our shinobi is something that historically hasn't been done enough. As the Third Kazekage, I am looking at implementing different policies and holding our shinobi to standards that haven't been done before. In any case though, rest easy. I won't be expecting you to kill your family."

Guren's response was blunt and straightforward, while his tone was stoic and composed. In any case he'd offer a small smile towards Travin before asking his next question. "And now that I know what you would do for Sunagakure, what do you hope Sunagakure will do for you?"

The genin would have just enough time to answer before the food got delivered to their table. And when it would Guren would nod at the server and look firmly at Travin. Ironically he'd refrain from commenting on Travin's response, and instead would put the topic on a hold. "Excellent, let's eat shall we?"

WC = 338. TWC = 1707
Senshi Sotenki
Senshi Sotenki
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)

Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:04 am
Travin had thought long and hard on the topic, and hearing that Guren was happy with his answer released more of that built up tension that he had been carrying around with him today. It was also no small thing that Guren openly admitted that he would not be having Travin kill his family, but he did catch the wording. It didn’t mean his family was safe if they did something stupid, it just meant that Travin would not be the one dealing out the punishment. What Travin had not really thought about, however, was what he wanted out of Suna. There were pretty easy choices that were already given just by living there. Such as the weather control dome, or the safety the village gave, but he had no idea what he wanted out of the village. Except for one thing, “The only thing I’ve ever wanted that is not already freely given, sir. Is to gain power, both physical and political. To raise through the ranks, and know that I have the power to save not only my friends, but the people of the village as well. To help protect what has been built here” Travin wasn’t sure if it was the answer that Guren wanted or not, but it was all that he had at the moment. He had never really wanted anything other than to grow stronger within the village. 

With that the food would be arriving, Travins rib eye and potatoes looked amazing. With Guren giving him a firm look, Travin had no idea what he was going to say, but what he didn’t expect was for him to ignore it for now and for the two to start eating. The food tasted as good as it looked. Cooked to perfection, Travin made a note that he would have to save up his money and come back here again later.

WC-315 TWC-2349
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:13 am
Guren would take the time to display his professionalism, unfolding his napkin and placing it upon his lap and firmly grasping his utensils in hand. His plate was sat right in front of him, in between his arms, and its aromatic scent would grace his nostrils. Resultantly his stomach softly rumbled, indicating that he had been even hungrier than what he had initially thought. He'd quickly cut up his katsu, and sink his teeth into it. Following this would come a bite from the onigiri. The combination of the two had been like yin and yang on a plate. Contrasting, yet completely complementary. Truly beautiful, and yet another reason that this was in fact his favorite restaurant. As he worked his way through his course, he pondered on the goals and motivations which Travin revealed. He desired to be a powerful protector, in a nutshell. Considering his comments from earlier, he sought to be what Guren considered as the will of the kazekage. It was interesting, and quite ambitious to say the least. Especially for a genin. 

Upon finishing his food, Guren would retrieve his wallet and offer an ample amount of ryo to account for the bill and tip. He'd leave it on the table, and tuck his wallet back into his possession. Following this he'd offer a glance towards Travin, and a half smirk. "Interesting indeed. I hope you can train as much as you eat." Guren would say in a jocular tone with a slight scoff added into his dialogue. Standing from the table, Guren would fold his napkin and place it adjacent to his pile of payment. "Walk with me, I've got something on my mind." Guren would command the genin as the two prepared to depart from the restaurant. It was about time for him to return to his work, and he wanted to offer one last piece of instruction before he'd send Travin on his way. When the two exited from the restaurant, Guren would stop momentarily and stuff one hands into his pocket. The other would raise up to his forehead, softly positioning his index and middle fingers upon his temple. "Travin, I'd like to see you prove your ability to me. Train hard, and learn harder. And when you're ready, test yourself in the Bloodworks. Should you make it out alive, come and see me. I'll have an offer for you."

With the conclusion of his closing comments, Guren would expel a surge of space time chakra which would instantly teleport him from outside of Oasis and into the chair of his office. He'd leave Travin without the opportunity to comment further, but with just enough guidance to know how to progress himself. It had been a meeting of good fortune indeed, as long as the genin was motivated. 

-Exit-

WC = 466. TWC = 2173
25% Max Stat Discounts:
Memorizing Travin Wraith' chakra signature
1193.5 WC Towards Devouring Sphere (B Rank, 1875/1875); rest trained here
750 WC towards Spine Chill (C Rank, 750/750)
187.5 WC towards Sensory Deprivation (187.5/187.5)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum