Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Koutaku
Koutaku
Citizen
Stat Page : Stats Yo
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : N/A
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 30650

Work...and play? Empty Work...and play?

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:47 am
It was a clear day, mild weather, a salt-scented wind blowing up from the coast. Away from his spot he could hear the subtle murmur of people going about their days. Work, play, socializing.... A frown crossed Koutaku's features at the thought and he shook his head, opening his eyes to regard the kunai in his hand. He still couldn't do it, it seemed. Hours, no, days, he'd been working at the goal. You'd have thought he'd take to such a simple thing easily, but not so.

He knew he needed it, desperately, desperately needed it. Wanted it. Craved it even. Chakra Infusion. He'd seen it done a thousand times, casual uses and ones with potentially lethal consequences. His lips quirked upwards, a small smirk forming at the thought. He knew he was capable of this, so he set back to it, but this time he sat down on a smooth rock and surveyed his tiny hidden spot. It was a flat outcropping near the village, technically within its bounds, but not frequented due to its inaccessibility. He'd had to find a cave then use transformation just to make his way upwards. It had been well worth it. After all, he couldn't let anyone know of his deficiencies, or of anything new he learned. Sometimes...only sometimes could he trust an adult to teach him, maybe he could study some few of his peers, but by and large he liked to practice alone--unless it was a test. With these thoughts running through his mind, and the wind gently lapping at his hair like a playful dog, Koutaku felt himself begin to drift. His focus didn't waver exactly, but the details fell away.

The sharp edges of the ridge and its hidden alcove, the bumps and indentations seemed almost to smooth out as his vision blurred. Slowly, he closed his eyes and--sensing a difference--took out a small thin strip of paper. Though his eyes were closed now, he knew it was unadorned. It was an unmarked tag, one that a shinobi--or perhaps a craftsman--might use to make an explosive tag, or the notation for a seal. Those specifics too found themselves carried off by the gentle drone of the sea's breath and then he felt only the faint curve of the paper in his palm, and noticed only the slight striations of its surface.

He reached out, not with his fingers, but with his mind, and tried to feel those things. He tried to know them as he knew the location of his arm, the position of his skull, or the feel of his clothes--often forgotten, but always present and never quite ignored. Gradually, with the passage of seconds, and then minutes--time largely forgotten--his breathing synced with the steady swaying of the wind. Absently, unconsciously, he found himself smiling. He felt warm, but it took a minute's time for him to realize that it was not just the sun's rays upon his head. The feeling was spreading, moving from his belly, up through his chest. It touched his shoulders, raised hairs upon his skin, then traveled in tickling trickles through his arms.

Carefully, he guided that warmth, allowed its movement, nudged it here and there with deliberateness and a patience he'd thought long departed after long days and many attempts. He dared not open his eyes, but he felt that surely his hands were glowing. Of course, this was the easy part, he'd been near this close before. He knew his body, the question was instead: Did he know this object?

Breathing deeply, focusing on the warmth, remembering how it would leave him, or wreath him, when he performed techniques, he gently coaxed it forth, pressed it beyond the limits of his flesh. There was no rush, no hurry, no deadline. No one watching. No one judging.

In his hand, a faintly coarse strip of something shifted faintly, brushing against his palm. his breath nearly caught in his throat. He felt a new sensation rise up in him: Excitement. On its tails was trepidation. He opened his eyes and saw--for the briefest instant--what might be the faintest of glows hidden within that strip of paper on his hand.

Without warning, his focus dwindled and it went out.

"Dammit," he said, shoving the paper roughly into his pocket. Almost, but not quite. He knew the principles, he knew the feeling. He was dedicated, driven. Capable. Rising to his feet, his brow furrowed in a self-effacing scowl, Koutaku hopped off his sitting stone and performed a couple handseals, transforming himself to be just that bit more slender, just a tad shorter. The details didn't matter, just the shape. That done, he slipped through the narrow crevice and slunk down through the hidden cave, making his way down from his favorite place: The Respite, he called it.

Making his way through the cave and back out into the light of day, Koutaku let his technique drop, returning him to a more normal appearance. Several minutes passed in silent reflection as he made his way back down into the village proper. Annoyed moreso than disheartened, Koutaku reached into his item pouch and took a look at the list of missions he’d picked up for the day.

• Sand Sweeping: E rank.
  • Tree Troubles: D rank.
  • Construction: D rank.

“Well, at least I’ll have something to do…” he mused, a note of sarcasm in his voice. Dodging around someone, the genin wove his way towards the nearest venue in need of a bit of cleaning. It wouldn’t be fun, but with the ryo he could afford some more gear--and by the Founder he knew he’d need it before he went out into the world. Maybe if he was lucky he’d make some friends along the way...then again, perhaps they’d just distract him from making progress. It was hard to say, but he knew what his father would say.

‘Remember son, people are either obstacles or distractions. Treat them as such.’

He’d never liked that old adage and he just couldn’t believe that it was something the majority of his clan held as fundamentally true. It just seemed too...personal.

Putting that aside, Koutaku emerged from the crowd before a small shop, its tables and floor beset by sand. It seemed it was time to get to work.

Spoiler:
Niko Kazan
Niko Kazan
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t48688-niko-kazan-stat-page
Remove Puppetry Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 97200

Work...and play? Empty Re: Work...and play?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Niko hated this mission. Almost as much as when he had to clean the old mizukages statue as grimy and mucky as it was. Why in the name of all that is holy had he taken this mission again while the answer was long and complex. 
*ten minutes earlier*
"This day is going really well I'm surprised that I managed to get those e-ranks done so quickly" Nico would say while cruising through the busy streets of Kiri. The village had never been more prosperous especially seeing as it had one of the other major villages under its control. Though with village tensions so high the village has to enforce many rules in order to keep things up and running. The village is much more strict now than in comparison to the blood ages of Xyxer the tyrant. 

"Maybe I should start up some more missions I always need to get more money the puppet augments don't come cheap." After sweatdropping, he would redirect and start a short trek to the mission's office. Taking care not to hit any pedestrians as he cleanly maneuvered throughout the allies. After just a few short moments Nico would arrive at the mission center entering he would make his way to the mission board and take some of the easier missions. Though after signing in a rush he would notice that someone was already on all the missions.

"Damn it, my well-deserved money robbed. Fooled I have been" Nico would wildly exclaim, drawing in ungodly amounts of attention. While such an exclamation was immensely out of character for the usually quiet Nico Money had been quite tight recently, between making puppets and trying to keep his apartment in this intense economic atmosphere, Nico was nearly broke put he was nearly done his masterpiece. His attempt at playing god with the nature of his bloodline was nearly complete Nico knew as such.

After accepting the missions and heading out to do the first mission. He would soon arrive at the district in which he needed to clean the sand. Taking his time he would acquire 3 brooms and get to work summoning both the oni puppet and the Pinnochio puppet he would attach invisible chakra strings to them and will them to pick up the brooms and start sweeping. After working for a few moments he saw a man approaching the area before stopping to stand over the sand-filled streets.
(twc 405)
Koutaku
Koutaku
Citizen

Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:55 pm
As he scanned the mess he'd signed up to take care of, Koutaku noticed another shinobi. The man was somewhat taller than him and certainly more kitted out, what with his two puppets. He'd even brought brooms along, something that he couldn't believe he hadn't considered. Granted...he’d been somewhat distracted to begin with. Now though...now, he knew he had to step up. So it was that, without a second thought, he glanced about until he laid eyes on an old woman and her broom, one set beside the other.

Approaching the woman, he gave her an apologetic smile before opening his mouth.

“Ma’am would it be alright if I borrowed your broom?”

With a movement like a creaking door struggling to open, the woman turned her head first to regard the broom, then Koutaku. Finally, she smiled, “Of course, little one. Don’t be too long though, I do need it back to sweep my steps.” Giving her a grateful nod, the young shinobi took up arms and headed back to the premises and began swiftly brushing sand into neat and precise piles. The longer he worked, the more precise and measured his movements became, taking on a strange sort of grace.

After a long period of silent work, he glanced away from his work, trusting his peripheral vision and muscle memory to take care of things. Quietly, curiously, he regarded the puppeteer, wondering if he’d seen him before. After a long moment he openly glanced at the puppet user and called out to him in a faintly curious tone.

“What’s your name? You look...familiar somehow.” Then he lowered his eyes and swept with new vigor, slowly circling his grouping of piles and moving them closer together, gathering them into one. As the work became intuitive he decided he may as well get in some practice and so he began attempting to infuse the broom with his chakra.

It was harder to do in motion and he didn’t entirely succeed, but he figured it perhaps made more sense to train this way given that he’d have to be using the skill in the midst of high stakes combat. Besides, focusing on this let him sideline the nervousness he felt in striking up conversation with someone outside his family. At least with the old woman there hadn’t been much in the way of stakes. They likely wouldn’t speak much again, less likely with this shinobi, after all they shared a profession and there was every chance that they might have to fight side-by-side someday.

Spoiler:
Niko Kazan
Niko Kazan
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:23 pm
Nico would continue working on his mission making sure to collect the sand as quickly and cleanly as possible. Though speed was well and good in regards to jobs like this not being precise as well would be detrimental to the process causing a loss of time and energy. While the newly arrived person was busy grabbing a broom and getting to work Nico would focus more intimately on his job not even taking notice of the new arrival. Continuing to manipulate his puppets he would only notice the man after he was called out to. Stopping abruptly he took the time to listen and formulate a response to the man.

"You do know it is impolite to ask one's name before offering their own. But since you asked my name is Niko, Niko Kazan. In regards to you know me, well if so I don't quite remember. Maybe you could refresh my memory Mr.?" Nico would reply taking the time to let the words sink before moving his puppets back into action quickly finishing one side of the street and moving closer to the other man to start helping him. But not before taking notice of a small luminescent hue emitting from the man's broom.

"So I can only assume you are a ninja of our fine village? Or are you maybe a passerby willing to help. Either way, the help is appreciated I was waiting for some assistance in the future missions I will be doing later. Though I must ask what is it you doing there with your broom?" Nico the ever-curious ninja he was would always take the time to learn more techniques if it was in his ability now whether or not the man in question would tell him of his technique, only he would know.
(TWC 707)
Koutaku
Koutaku
Citizen

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:08 am
“Ah, my apologies, I’m Koutaku.” he lifted the broom briefly, its glow now even more apparent as he continued to focus. “I’m a bit distracted currently…” he hated to admit the fact, but he had, and so there it was. Out in the open for anyone’s judgement, anyone at all. Dammit. He cursed his own idiocy, but only in the quiet of his mind, never letting his true embarrassment show he focused harder, attempting to erase the moment with the sensation of warmth that rose in him when he used this damned elusive technique.

The warmth surged then, and in the same moment that Niko Kazan inquired about it, the mundane tool lit up with an aura of chakra. Koutaku’s eyes widened fractionally, before he got ahold of his reaction and returned the man’s query with a smile. “Ah, this is nothing, just Chakra Infusion,” the glow flickered in places, growing more unstable, so he tightened the noose-like grip of his will and began sweeping with renewed vigor.

The motions precise, each bristle further enhanced by the chakra flowing through them, Koutaku began to make strangely swift work of his half of the sand. It was like watching more than one person do it, despite him being only one individual. Nonetheless, each grain--and pile--of sand seemed urged together by the coaxing touch of Koutaku’s chakra. It filled the genin with jubilation and a sense of satisfaction.

Then, as he got a fourth of the way through his side, his toe hit the edge of a chair someone hadn’t pushed in properly to its table and he lost it. His chakra dispersed in a flickering instant and his focus--sharp enough to cut, tight enough to strangle--was abruptly shattered. Still, he managed only to wince slightly as he caught himself. “Dammit,” he swore aloud, gritting his teeth before letting out a long calming breath. He hated failing, hated it so much…. Hated how it made people look at him--how his mother and cousins regarded him when he didn’t reach expectations, when he just couldn’t. He didn’t dare look up at the puppeteer, at Kazan.

Instead, as if he hadn’t said anything, he swallowed hard and went back to sweeping. His movements--while still precise--seemed somehow more dejected now as he made them. The glow didn’t return, he needed a moment to collect himself after all.

Spoiler:
Niko Kazan
Niko Kazan
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:06 pm
Chakra infusion the technique rang no real bells inside the young puppeteers head. Maybe it was a common technique the way the man had spoken its name so.. Casually. The idea of infusing chakra into an item in order to increase its properties was not unheard of he had done something quite similar in regards to his puppets. Though he had not known that there was indeed a proper technique.

"Well, it is nice to meet Koutaku. You must be quite adept in the shinobi arts to have used such a technique. Though maybe it is quite easy I will have to study it at some point. Though I can't help but realize you did not answer my question in regards to your shinobi status. While I assume you are a Kiri ninja with your use of chakra it is never wise to assume things in this world." Niko would say. Finishing his job and moving his puppets closer to him so as to show them off, though this was unintentional. The man had some knowledge that Nico did not. Nico loved pursuing knowledge as it was akin to power in this world. It was quite likely that the shinobi now standing in front of him was more skilled than him though Nico would not ask such a question.

"That must have hurt. You may want to pay more attention to the environment around you." Watching the man stub his toe his unsaid question instantly changed to 'is this man a comedian' though he would not say such a thing out loud as it would be quite embarrassing, Nico would look a little confused obviously so.

"If everyone got everything right the first time there would be no need for ninja such as myself. So you may as well try your technique again I have no doubt you will get it down this time. Though meanwhile, I should start heading towards my next mission. Care to join me?"
(1035)
Koutaku
Koutaku
Citizen

Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:51 pm
Making an effort to compose himself despite the fierce throbbing in his toe, Koutaku gave Niko a wan smile, before nodding. “Yes, I’m an...agh...Kiri ninja,” he reached up and tapped the village headband with its metal crest and engraved marking. Internally he wondered why the man had insisted on asking considering how obvious he personally considered it to be. Nonetheless, some of Niko’s words did make him feel somewhat better about his mistake and helped him quiet the thoughts of inadequacy and failure that had been trying to gain a foothold in his head. Swallowing hard, Koutaku took up his broom, finished off the last of his piles, then nodded once more in reply.

“Sure, why not. Missions are always easier with two pairs of hands anyways.” He paused, recalling his list before continuing. “I’ve got one to help out with some Construction and another for removing a tree.” He shrugged, secretly glad to have help with the latter as he honestly had no idea how he was supposed to remove a whole tree without a single useful technique to his name. Likely without the assistance it would have taken hours of his time.

Brushing himself off he held up a finger to Niko as he walked back towards the elderly woman, “Thank you very much ma’am, I’m all done now.” He gave her a wide honest smile and she smiled back warmly as he set her broom down beside her.

“Thank ya kindly dear,” the sweet matron replied, nodding her head in recognition of the work he’d done. Koutaku waved and then turned and headed off, rejoining Niko before making his way towards the location that construction contract had denoted. After a minute or so, Koutaku spoke up again, “I know every shinobi chooses their own path, their own style and I’m curious...why puppets?” He glanced at Niko as they walked, curiosity plain in his eyes.

Spoiler:
Niko Kazan
Niko Kazan
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:38 pm
Nico felt quite dumb. Following the man's deft motion when he pointed towards his headband. How had he missed the man wearing a headband? Maybe the man had put it on swiftly to make Nico look dumb. Though that was unlikely as from what he had seen of the man so far, he was nicer than the average shinobi. Sweatdropping slightly he would show his notice of the headband and speak on the subject.

"Are you sure that was there the entire time? I did not see it. Though I was focusing on my puppets quite a bit, I would have noticed such a detail. Sorry for the persistent question at an obvious detail otherwise." Nico would then give a small bow to ask for forgiveness. Taking notice of the man finishing his row at an impressive speed for the man alone. Though not close to the top speed Nico could output.

"Doing the missions together will be much faster. Though in regards to that tree I think I have an idea that will work quite well." Nico would then grin. The technique he was thinking of was the earth wall technique that he had recently learned. Nico was pretty sure he could use the technique to uproot the tree. Nico would listen to the man's question regarding his puppetry. Nico would then remember something from an encounter he had with a fellow more enthusiastic puppeteer. So Nico would answer.

"Puppetry is quite a versatile specialty. The puppets that make up the art can be customized at will, the art requires a balanced mix of creativity, skill, and intelligence to use and understand. The puppets I use employ many different mechanisms that allow me a certain advantage over types of opponents. While the puppets are the focus there are other aspects to the specialty like so." After the explanation, Nico would let the puppets he was controlling fall to the ground removing the invisible strings he was using, and would fling them at his fellow Kiri shinobi attaching them to him and making the man do a quick set of jumping jacks before removing the strings and reactivating his puppets. (all of this is done at 102 speed.)

"As said there is more to the art than most people know. Though otherwise, we should start heading to the next mission" Nico would respond to the question nonchalantly acting as if the act he just performed was simple.

(TWC 1442) The jutsu used is Skillful Achievement With a Human body

Last edited by Niko Kazan on Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koutaku
Koutaku
Citizen

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 pm
Chuckling slightly Koutaku’s features took on a bemused aspect as Niko showed genuine confusion and--admittedly mild--distress at having not noticed his headband. Smoothly, Koutaku waved his hand and gave him a bright grin, “Don’t worry about it, it happens to the best of us.” Keeping pace with the puppeteer, Koutaku nodded his agreement, most things were simply faster with a group...even if they could become tiresome when too many people congregated. He shuddered at the thought, immediately reminded of his rather large extended family as well as the few memories he had of visiting the secluded clan compound. Granted, he’d only been told it was secluded, his memories were happy ones, largely consisting of play with his many many cousins. A warmth came into his eyes at the thought of that bygone time before he shook it off, focusing once more on the tasks at hand and the words of his newfound compatriot.

Glancing at Niko occasionally to ensure his companion knew he was listening, Koutaku took in the information that his peer was sharing regarding the apparent art of puppetry and its nuances. Then, suddenly, his body seemed to betray him and an ice-cold shock ran down his spine, fear entered his eyes, and then in an instant, it was over. Without having realized it, he’d drawn a kunai into each hand and if Kazan, Niko were paying attention he’d see a frenzied wildness in his fellow genin’s eyes.

Internally, Koutaku was a mass of fear that was swiftly being replaced by indignation and a spike of glacially cold anger. There were few things he hated more than losing control, in fact, it was that very thing that made him dread genjutsu so much.

“Don’t…ever do that to me again,” he managed, taking deep breaths as he slowly came out of a combat ready position. Several people nearby were giving him frightened looks and unbeknownst to the genin, he and his kunai were glowing with a fierce blue light.

Chakra Infusion. Swallowing hard, Koutaku noticed--then began to reel in his emotions and chakra. Slowly, the wind that had slightly picked up around him died down and the glow began to subside. Gradually he relaxed and placed each of his kunai slowly--and carefully--back into their rightful places in his weapons pouch.

Wetting his dry lips and retrieving a small flask of water from his belt, Koutaku took a swig then stowed it, sating his sudden thirst while relieving the similar dryness in his mouth and throat. Taking a slow deep breath once more, the Iouchiryo managed to center himself before turning away from Niko and striding towards their next mission.

Without turning around, he spoke again, “I’ll forgive that one, but...ah, I’ve got a bit of difficulty with losing control. So just...just don’t do that. Sorry….” The last word sounded strained, but he managed it nonetheless not wanting to lose his chance at making an ally--if not a friend at some point down the line.

Spoiler:
Niko Kazan
Niko Kazan
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:09 pm
Nico was happy. He had learned a characteristic of the otherwise mysterious man. Though he had missed the apparent headband that had rested upon the man's forehead he did get the slightest bit of revenge against the man in question and while it may seem petty for Nico to warrant revenge against his fellow ninja for a mistake on his part. Nico himself would not think so.

"hahaha. You should have seen the look on your face." Nico would say acting as if he did not even notice the weapon that was being wielded against him. Nico was not arrogant enough to act as if he could not die from such a weapon but not only would it be massively illegal for one shinobi to kill another, but he had enough distance between the two for him to dodge or go invisible. Though even then he had his puppets by his side. Though it was quite funny as when the technique was used against him, to begin with he had responded in a similar fashion though he would never tell anyone that. He needed to swear Saya to secrecy regarding that.

"Know do you notice the strength of puppetry. It's all about control. Control over thy wielder control over thy puppets and control over thy enemy. Once you have gained such control and mastery of both yourself and your enemies the battlefield is akin to a playground." The words that flowed out his mouth appeared naturally. Though he had not yet reached that mastery he wished to eventually do so. When he could finally avenge his parents and make his town regret the day they messed with him. He would not do so via friends or allies. No, he would show his village the power of his and his mother's chosen art. Then the truest form of revenge would be delivered.

Watching the man put the previously glowing kunai away he paused and said. "You do know that the kunai is not the best weapon overall right. You should specialize more. Kunai are good for clashing and throwing yes. But for throwing senbon are quite better. I do use them in my weapon launcher. Then Katana's or Wakizashi's are far superior in a melee. Though do whatever suits you, I guess." Nico would say nonchalantly before following the man as he went towards the presumed next mission's location.
(TWC 1842)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum