Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Asahi Igarashi
Asahi Igarashi
Citizen
Stat Page : Databook
Remove Taijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Tsukigakure
Ryo : 33400

Old and the New Empty Old and the New

Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:45 am
The ruins of the Old Academy stood in stark contrast to the rest of New Sunagakure. Ravaged by war as the entire village was, this place was forsaken as the rest of New Sunagakure moved on and rebuilt. It was left a waste as a reminder of the past and for that it served its purpose well. Just a husk surrounded by burnt stone and scorched earth remained.

Asahi had been a student at this very Academy near a decade ago, before he left for the countryside after the death of his parents. After returning to Sunagakure recently he had finished off his shinobi training that he had neglected for years at the New Academy. He had avoided visiting the Old Academy for as long as he could, purposefully planing his routes around the structure (if it could be called that still). But now it was finally time to see what had become of the place. The past was a painful thing, he knew, especially when there still stood such a vivid reminder of it.

He was dressed as clearly a Genin ever was. His shinobi headband with the symbol of New Suna was tied tightly and prominently around his forehead, a dead giveaway that screamed "I'm a newly made ninja." He wore a simple set of dark pants and a jacket underneath which was a white shirt. A small pouch was strapped behind his waist and a holster fastened to a thigh. Brown hair covered his green eyes which scanned the wreck before him.

The young Genin walked through the devastation slowly in thought. His feet moved over a piece of rubble here or a gap in the dirt there. He tried to remember some of the students or teachers that he had once shared the building with but he couldn't bring their features to his mind. All his memories of the place were faceless ghosts, but it didn't hurt any less to think about. He wondered what had happened to everyone that had been inside the place at the time of the attacks. Did they make it out? Were they evacuated? Do their corpses still lie beneath the rubble?

"I hate that this is still here," Asahi said to nobody but himself, though if someone were nearby it was certainly loud enough to overhear. "This should have been cleaned up with the rest of it long ago."

---

395 WC

---

[OOC: Still trying to understand all the backstory of Sunagakure so if anything I wrote doesn't gel with that properly just let me know and I'll amend it! This is just what I've been able to gather so far by reading through the forum.]
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Roy Goka
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 500

Old and the New Empty Re: Old and the New

Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:38 am
Whilst the sun was still bright outside the dome called sunagakure the day was still quite pleasant. The protective barrier around the village made sure that the temperature within its confines were particularly nice. Sometimes even 40 degrees cooler than just right outside the village borders. Musu had taken the long way back from the training grounds today since there were so many ninja using the grounds it was hard for him to find a spot. He opted for one that was way at the back on the opposite side of the village. At that point it was easier to just exit the training grounds from this end and walk through the village, through the grove, and back to his apartment complex. Despite everything else about the Kazekage who built this area he did have a sense of city planning with it. It was… circular and organized. 

Walking out from the training grounds this way was a new experience. He hadn’t taken these roads before but as long as he had sight of the spire he knew where he needed to go. Musu took the foregin shops and homes all new to him. They felt a bit older or rebuilt rather than the newer complexes elsewhere. Musu only made this observation when he had finally stumbled upon the old decrepit structure.

Looking through the broken fence and into the abandoned building that was the old academy made Musu feel uneasy. Musu knew that there had been many battles fought in Sunagakure long ago but he didn’t know that any remained in such a condition as this..

With the sun shining Musu would take out his writing pad and his inkpen. With blazing speed the Uzumaki began to draw this display. Musu would continue to work on this sketch for a little while when he thought that he might have heard something coming from inside. Immediately Musu stopped drawing and looked up and into the building a little bit with alertness in his eyes. 

[333]

Asahi Igarashi likes this post

Asahi Igarashi
Asahi Igarashi
Citizen

Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:53 am
Asahi drew in a deep breath as he continued to wander through the ruins of the building. Stone crumbled and cracked under each step. Dust hung in the air like a poison, making him cough and forcing the air that he was holding in out of his lungs. I shouldn't have come here, he thought. This place is a tomb. He was about to turn and leave but something inside forced him to push on and examine the wreck. No, I must see everything with my own eyes. I must see what the past has done to our people. Someone needs to see and speak for them now that they no longer can. He pushed on despite the growing anxiety and dread.

His exit out of a room took him down a long corridor. At the end of the path was another room, this one larger than the one before it. It was the most well preserved section of the waste he had seen thus far. Little chair and table sets poked out of the collapsed roof. He gasped and took in the sight before him. A classroom for children, he knew it was. Just barely old enough to join the Academy. They didn't deserve this. A spot of color caught the corner of his eyes. Asahi bent down to pick the object up. His right hand grasped a small, pink ruler. Kids, it's all kids. Suddenly he was gasping for air.

The Genin ran from the room and back down the corridor. He vaulted through an open window and was then outside in the open. Asahi leaned on a section of wall to catch his breath. This place shouldn't be here. The ninja was getting angry at the thought. He was getting angry at those who had done this place in. He was getting angry at everything. "Damn it!" his left hand formed a fist and smashed into the stone behind him. It cracked against the enclosure. A gash split open between his knuckles and red ran down his hand and around his wrist. The act brought a calm over him, though perhaps that was just the pain in his fist overwriting everything else.

Then came the embarrassment at what he had done to himself and how silly he must have looked. The shinobi scanned around to see if anyone had witnessed it. He thought he could see someone nearby but it was hard to tell. The sun was directly overhead and blocked his vision. Asahi shielded his eyes with the good hand that still held the ruler. "Who's there?" he called out. "Is anyone out there?"

---

435 WC
830 Asahi Total WC
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 am
Indeed a few moments after Musu had heard a noise coming from the abandoned building he heard a voice cry out. It was strange to Musu that somebody had heard him from this long distance. Perhaps the person, a man presumed by the voice that called out, had superior sensory abilities that allowed him to hear the faintest of movements. Perhaps his writing and drawing within his pad has given him some sort of clue that he was watch the school. Regardless Musu would look with a surprised face and he deduced where the noise was coming from.

“Hello! Musu would say back to the hidden voice coming from within the school. The Uzumaki would take his inkpen and the rest of his materials with him and he started to walk full speed around the academy gates. As Musu got closer he could see that the area was even more decrepit from right up close. Then as he turned the corner of the fencing he saw the source of the voice. A young man appeared to look like a dude was leaning along the crumbling structure and looking towards Musu direction when the two would finally be able to see each other.

About ten meters parted the two ninja along with what remained of the fence. There were many holes and other breaches within this metal railing that either one could pass through it with no issue at all. Musu would notice immediately that his hand was dripping red of blood or so Musu assumed. He saw the new headband on the ninja’s head from within the cover of his brown hair. At this point Musu could trust that the man was an ally and decided that it was best to continue the conversation.

“Hey there, you gave me a fright. Are you alright?” Musu would ask as he gathered up his things back into his pouch. A plethora of questions went through the jounins mind as to why we found a perfectly able full bodied ninja exploring the ruins of an old academy. Why was he there and what might his goals be. Musu would wait for the man to make his reply for passing and judgement on the matter.

[371/704]
Asahi Igarashi
Asahi Igarashi
Citizen

Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:37 am
Asahi was surprised when a voice answered back his call. He had spoken out in embarrassment of his actions and being seen smashing his hand against a stone wall like a fool. A glint reflected off the sunlight gave him the idea that someone could be nearby, but it was more out of awkwardness and ensuring that he was truly alone. Much like calling out to the darkness before stepping foot into the basement. Not to mention that some might look down on those creeping around an old ruin. His hand with the ruler continued to shield his eyes from the sun as he squinted to get a better view of who was there. He still couldn't get a look at the stranger.

The figure emerged from the shadow at a brisk pace around some broken fencing, coming from the direction of the old Academy gates that Asahi had looked at earlier. The figure, a man by Asahi's estimation, stopped a dozen meters away from him, separated by pieces of the fence. The most striking detail of the stranger was that he had long red hair. Asahi was too surprised at being seen to notice much more than that at that instant. He tucked his injured and bleeding left fist behind his back. The right hand clutching the ruler was still in sight and he brought it down from his eyes now that he wasn't staring off into the sun.

"You gave me one as well," he said with a bit of a labored breath from running and throwing his hand around. "Hi. I didn't expect to see anyone else here. I was just checking to see that I was alone," Asahi explained, though he realized that suddenly it made him sound a little guilty, like a kid getting caught with his hands in the cookie jar. "I'm alright, quite alright, thanks for checking." Blood dripped down from behind his back in open view on the stone below and he grimaced from the pain.

"Asahi. Asahi Igarashi." He introduced himself to the stranger. "W-who might you be," he asked, feeling at a disadvantage. "I'm just, uh, was just passing by here, that's all."

---

360 WC
1190 Asahi Total WC
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:16 pm
Musu would reply to Asahi with a quick bow and a response to his name. Even from this distance and the feigning light of the desert dusk the Uzumaki could still see the blood dripping from the hand that was behind his back. Realistically Musu knew that this man might be in danger but Musu was unwilling to enter into the academy grounds… He had heard somewhere in his past that workers refused to enter into the academy because of ghostly apparitions that would appear within there. Trapped souls doomed to wander the decrepit halls. Regardless the Uzumaki would still respond to him.

“My name is Musu, I didn’t expect to see or hear anyone here along the grounds. Are you hurt?” Musu would ask. While the question was rhetorical he was curious to see what Asahi was going to do in response. He didn’t know anything about this ninja and while everything seemed to be calm now it could change in an instant. As always Musu was ready to strike with his chakra chains.

“If you are hurt come to me and I can try to help with that.” Musu would conclude. He would continue to observe the man's reactions accordingly.

[202/926]
Asahi Igarashi
Asahi Igarashi
Citizen

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:31 pm
Asahi nodded back at Musu's introduction. "Nice to meet you, Musu. I haven't had a chance to really get to know many other shinobi here. I wasn't expecting to meet someone today either, especially here in this place," the Genin looked around the ruins.

Musu asked if he was okay or hurt. He must have noticed my hand, Asahi thought. He quickly glanced behind him and he could see how obvious it must have been with the blood dripping onto the stone the way it was. What a fool I am. Asahi took some steps towards Musu, crossing over the broken fence that divided them and leaving the threshold into the ruins at his back. The ninja brought the fist out from behind him, no use in hiding anymore. He turned it around and twisted it at the wrist to check its mobility before holding it up before Musu. The hand didn't appear to be broken, but it was bleeding from a gash in between the knuckles and was already starting to look swollen.

"It... looks worse than it is," Asahi said finally. "I punched the wall here in anger." He figured there was no point in hiding anything more from Musu, especially since he wasn't much good at keeping secrets anyways. "If you could do anything for it I would be in your debt."

"I came to see this place after I heard it still stood," Asahi struck up conversation while Musu looked over the wound. "I thought maybe there was something I could gain or some insight to be had here, but I was wrong. What a stupid mistake. These ruins are a horrible reminder of the past. A horrible reminder of what people have lost here. There were young students that must have lost their lives here, not Chuunins and Jounins. These were mostly victims, not warriors. If I had the power I'd have it torn down. I'd say as much to the Kazekage if I ever get the chance."

"What of you?" he asked Musu, curious to know more about the stranger. "Why did you come here? What do you think of this place?"

---

355 WC
1545 Asahi Total WC
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:35 pm

The conversation continued as normal as Asahi wandered from the destroyed walls and back towards the road. At this moment there was nobody around the area and for the most part this part of the village was definitely considered a slum. With the momentary surprise of seeing him now gone, the jounin was able to inspect Ashai’s hand, and inspect the damage. The gash appeared to be a bit deeper than Musu had anticipated when he had heard that he had smashed it into a wall but nonetheless it was still treatable.

“Not to worry, this should be an easy fix, so give me a minute will you?” Musu would say as he put his arms outward and extended his hands next to Ashai’s. A moment later a blob of greenish chakra would start to emanate from them as the wound on Ashai’s hand began to close up. It was a simple healing technique, something that he had learned from his mother when he was growing up. There was no way that Musu was going to be a medical genius any time soon but in a pinch he could do some first aid and potentially save somebody’s life.

“Thankfully the cut was not too severe and my basic medical ninjutsu was able to stop the bleeding.” Musu would say as he dropped his hands back to his sides. It would reveal that the cut that was once there was now fully healed at which point Musu would take a deep breath.

Musu could understand why Asahi wanted to revisit a place of old to think about the future. It had been a while before Musu had seen or heard anything from his parents. Ever since that day when his life was changed forever. He hadn’t gone out searching a long time and knew that he should try again some time soon.

“I was looking for a training ground to practice a new technique but all the ones close to my home were being used at the time. I had to travel far to find a secluded spot and I figured I would exit out of the training grounds over here. I was drawing a sketch of this building because I didn’t know that it was here.” Musu would say to Asahi as they continued their conversation.

“Villages and Kage seem to have different priorities depending on who is in charge. I’m sure that if you walked to the spire and spoke to the Kazekage I’m sure it would be easy to get this academy taken down.” He would add as he stepped back a little bit further.

“Regardless I wasn’t planning on spending this long here anyways. If you’d like you can travel, walk, and talk with me as we head back into the village proper?” He would add while ushering the man to walk him back to the main road. Should he follow, they would walk at a leisurely pace with the setting sun at their back as they moved closer to the spire and the center of the village.

[518/1444]
Asahi Igarashi
Asahi Igarashi
Citizen

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:10 pm
"Okay," Asahi responded with his arm still held out, unsure of what Musu was going to do.

He watched with amazement as the Uzumaki's hands began to glow a greenish hue from the chakra he was outputting. The energy moved from Musu's hands to Asahi's wound. He could feel some of the pain in his fist disappearing as the Medical Jutsu worked its magic. The green light faded finally and Asahi looked over his hand to inspect the damage. The wound had entirely closed up and the bleeding had completely stopped. All that remained was leftover blood that had began to dry. He took a handkerchief from his weapon's pouch and wiped it clean. It looked and felt a world better than it did but a minute prior.

"Thank you," he told Musu. That's a great trick, Asahi thought to himself, still marveling at its efficacy. I've got to learn that one. "It's much better now." His fingers stretched and he rolled his wrist around. Perfect.

A new technique? Asahi perked up at the mention from Musu. He wondered what it could be. The Genin was always on the lookout for a new ability or trick to utilize. "Makes sense, this place is secluded but its history would make it a tough place to focus." Asahi turned back to the building and stared in deep thought for a few moments before return his gaze to Musu. "Art and history should be all that remains of this place," he said in regards to Musu's drawing, "it's too painful otherwise to leave up." Talking to the Kazekage intimidated Asahi. I'm not powerful enough or worthy for someone like that to consider my thoughts on the ruins. Not yet anyways. "Maybe the Kazekage would take it down," he replied. "But I need to get stronger first so my words have weight. I don't think they would listen to someone like me."

He nodded at the suggestion to leave the ruins and head back to the village. "Good idea. Best we leave this ghost behind." Asahi followed wherever Musu led, towards the Spire or otherwise. "You're no Genin, are you? Are you a Chuunin or a Jounin?" Asahi left pauses in between his questions for his elder to answer. He was curious about the man and wanted to know more. "I've been looking for training spots of my own, but usually any old place works for me. I favor Taijutsu in combat, more than any specialty. What sorts of things can you do besides that Medical Jutsu you used? If you don't mind my asking, of course."

---

429 WC
1974 Asahi Total WC
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Musu would give a slight grin as the man looked in amazement at Musu’s basic medical ninjutsu. His amazement showed Musu a lot of what it was like to be learning new things that seemed so basic to him now. Musu thought about how, if this man were to survive, could become just as strong as any other jounin with the right training, but for now he was like any other ninja. This was the second time that a member of the village had complimented him on his ability. Really at the end of the day Musu still didn’t think he had done anything that special in either case.

Regardless, the two would begin to walk away from the academy and back into the center of the village. As suggested. Musu would in turn reply to the ninja. He let some of the different questions slide as chose to only answer a few of them.

“Well, I was just promoted to jounin after spending some time in the sealing corps. I’m not sure I’m qualified for the job but I’ll do whatever it takes to help the village. While I think that my traits and abilities need work I never once thought I was too low to speak with my Kage. Never think that of yourself. Have confidence in your abilities and when the time comes you will be able to prove your worth.”

At the two of them walked into the village they happened across the tea shop that Musu frequented recently. He had a great time with Raleth and Zaine there a few weeks back and now enjoyed going there to sit and relax with some fresh tea. It was on the other end of the village but since they were coming from this other way.

“I’m about to stop here for some tea and you are welcome to join me.” Musu would offer Asahi.

[317/1761]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum