Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Team 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaFar Away Yesterday at 10:02 pmAmikiri GuhinGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:32 pmAmikiri Guhin
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

A Song [Open] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Song [Open]

Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:40 am
Gonk looks down at the two figures from his vantage point on top of the sand dune. The dark isn’t a problem for him because of his Hoshigaki eyes. So he can clearly see every move of this battle. Gonk watches the woman continue the kick, slightly adjusting the trajectory of the kick so it wouldn’t seriously injure the Hyuuga, when it would be knocked slightly off course.
“That’s a good idea,” Gonk realizes. “If she injured him seriously things could get ugly quick.” But the Hyuuga notices the woman's plan, and spins so the blow is placed on his shoulder instead of directly in the chest. This maneuver also puts the woman off balance. This kick furthers his momentum, so he would do a 360 rotation, and end facing his attacker again. But only when the man's back was to him does Gonk see his plan.
“So he plans to come out of his spin with a gentle fist strike,” Gonk realizes. “He will still be off balance when he attempts the hit so if a counter is managed, he would be knocked back, considering the strength of the woman. As far as I know, there would be no way for the Hyuuga to deal with a counter attack if his attack missed.” Gonk reflexively stands up to watch the possible ending to the battle.
“Of course,” Gonk ponders, “It doesn’t seem like the Hyuuga has used his Byakugan yet. Once he does that, it’s a totally new fight.” Gonk pays close attention, determined to know when the Hyuuga unleashes the byakugan, so Gonk can study it.

[WC=268]
[TWC=714]
Murata
Murata
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --
Ryo : 0

Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:29 pm
Murata's kick is not as meaty as she'd hoped, but thankfully she has insurance in the form of her guard. Her hands are still held right close to her face, meaning that even though Kato is being tricky with that strike, it is a simple matter for her to lift her right arm outwards to block the blow with her forearm - ready to adjust course if he does, sure to apply enough force in the movement of her arm to counterbalance the chakra he surely has built up. When Murata notices his backhand incoming, when it is about halfway to her, she responds with a left-hand jab towards the right side of his jaw - that side of his face twisted towards her, and awkward to guard with his free hand, which is positioned further away as a result of his pirouette. Her jab carries a similar form as before, arm twisting forwards, only fully straightening and elbow locking into place the second before it lands for a powerful impact.

Her unexpected high kick leaves her balance a little frail, but the moment her kick lands she moves to snaps her knee back to her chest and then straighten her leg down (a little gingerly, calf stinging), sliding back her right foot as soon as her left foot is once more safely planted on the sand and returning to her boxing stance - her legs all working on this return to form while the pair exchange blows up top.

The contact between Murata's foot and Kato's shoulder results in another flash - this one fainter, briefer. The smell of smoke in the distance, laughing with a friend, sitting against a wall with a haul of stolen sweets in hand.

[286]
[TWC: 2828]
[Skill activated: Ninshu]
Kato~
Kato~
Citizen
Stat Page : Staaaaats
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Ryo : 5100

Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:43 pm
As Murata makes contact with Kato it's like she has blinked and suddenly finds herself on a small boat on the water, there is mist all around. In the boat is one other individual but they are just steering, a hired driver perhaps? She is sat the front of the boat and intensely looked off into the mist. She feels a burning hatred for people she does not know as well as a strong sense of freedom. Just like the first vision, this one comes and goes just like the blink of an eye. 

The kick lands on Kato's shoulder but he is braced for Murata's unique ability, remembering their last contact. For an instant he is in a different place, another memory he assumes, but this time it was fainter and the memory is a lot shorter. The scent of smoke passed his nostrils which then transitioned into the sweet smell of stolen candy, he felt the presence of another, they laughed.

Within milliseconds he's back on the beach within his own consciousness and whipping around in his rotation, that time it seemed as tho he wasn't fully drawn into the memory, it was more like an echo. "Does her ability lessen with each exposure? I must not let it distract me." Kato thought to himself as his head whips around following his body's natural movement during the pirouette. He immediately noticed that Murata still had both hands in a high guard on her face, he'd hoped that her guard would be broken by the need to steady her balance. Once again he was impressed. 

Knowing he had the speed edge over his opponent he quickly planned a feint, hoping to take advantage of the small window where Murata's balance was frail and she was sorting out her feet. He continued with his spinning backfist but as he released his fist he bent his knees, lowering his level and changing the target of his attack. His chakra infused fist was now bound for the lower rib/kidney section of Murata's torso. Kato uses the centrifugal force of the rapid rotation to pull in his left arm, channeling chakra to the palm and using it to guard the exposed side of his face. If he had timed it properly he should off ducked under any incoming punch but he held his palm steady and kept his eyes on Murata regardless.

[400]
[TWC = 2969]
Murata
Murata
Citizen

Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:08 pm
Murata's jab whiffs, and she awkwardly catches his backhand with her elbow, tucked in towards her torso with body leaning to the right, cushioning her from a body blow - but she is unable to apply the counter-force necessary to go toe to toe with the blast of his chakra the blow releases, causing her confident footing to falter, Murata awkwardly stumble-stepping a meter back to recover. A victory for Kato, in this exchange, but Murata is still grinning widely. Kato has an opportunity to press his advantage, but he may notice something catch Murata's eye, and she lifts a hand in momentary surrender as she does.

"We have a guest!" she says in a theatrically hushed tone, and motions with her head sideways to the young man watching them intently from further down the beach. It's not a particularly subtle motion, Gonk will certainly know now that he has been spotted. With this break in the action, Murata takes a mental moment to piece together what she's learned of Kato. He is a rebellious, independent soul, that much is clear. Those strict faces, that swell of indignant rage - was that the family that Kato had known? There will be time for more questions, of course, but for the moment the spotlight must fall to their young visitor.

[217]
[TWC: 3044]
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Gonk watches the match unfold, the two ninja gracefully attacking and counter attacking, until finally, the Hyuuga manages to get a blow off on the woman, causing her to stumble back. Gonk wonders what the next move will be when suddenly, the woman raises her hand to call a momentary halt to the spar. She then says something lost to the wind but Gonk understood what happened.
“Best head down there and get this over with,” Gonk thinks, preparing for the accusations of spying and being a creep. “I shouldn’t have stood up,” Gonk thinks as he slides down the sand dune, a bit annoyed at himself. He walks up to the two ninja, who are both looking at him expectantly.
“Hey,” Gonk says, not wanting to start the conversation acting like an asshole, but also not really knowing what to say. “You two are both skilled fighters.” He isn’t just saying this to flatter them, he is impressed by their skill. Gonk also notices the sake bottle laying in the sand a bit away from where they stood.
“Uh oh,” Gonk thought. “If they're drunk this could be bad.” But remembering their grace and precision, Gonk decided that they couldn’t be too drunk. Even so, Gonk instinctively moves his hand closer to his katana. Gonk is confident that he could out maneuver the woman if he needs to and while the man appears to be slightly faster than him, Gonk believes he could match him, at least until the Byakugan comes out. Gonk glances towards the sea.
“If a fight does happen,” Gonk thinks. “I’ll have to get them in the water.” But Gonk’s thoughts snap back to the present as one of the Shinobi speaks.
[WC=287]
[TWC=1001]
Kato~
Kato~
Citizen

Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 pm
The manoeuvre worked, albeit imperfectly. Murata had enough wits about her to bring her elbow down to block the palm but the chakra from the blow did its job and knocked Murata stumbling backwards. Kato grinned as he knew he'd won that round, he knew it was a closely fought exchange, there were times where it could off gone either way. 

Kato returns to his stance out of his pirouette and watches Murata's movements to gauge if she want another round. He softens as she raises her hand, from the look in her eye it appears she had spotted someone. He turns to follow her gaze and his eyes find a mysterious man approaching. Kato knew this man must be from the Hoshikage clan, between his gils and his grey shark-like skin it was unmistakeable. "Quite a collection of individuals gathered here, I wonder if this will please this Hondou. That is something Murata seem intent on, this spirits' happiness" Kato thought to himself.

Kato smiles at the young Hoshikage as he compliments both himself and Murata. Keeping a close eye on the young shinobi Kato begins to speak "Thank you for the compliment, I didn't realise we had an audience." Kato reaches down for his sake bottle in the sand, luckily it had not been toppled and still sat upright. He took a swig, enjoying the endorphin rush post spar and returned his attention to the young man before him. With a smirk and a glance to Murata he spoke "Maybe we should off been selling tickets" He let out a chuckle before gaining a greater sense of seriousness. "What's your name kid? and how come you're here? was it just for the show?"

[285]
[TWC = 3254]

Last edited by Kato~ on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Murata
Murata
Citizen

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:20 am
"Thank you!!" Murata says, crossing her arms and grinning proudly. "When the arena opens! Then we will sell tickets!... I will have to spend time learning something more flashy by then, though. My elemental ninjutsu has never been very good...!"

She trails off, allowing Kato to lead the conversation. The appearance of such a young shinobi intrigues her - since arriving, she has mostly been assigned missions with her own age cohort, though there are plenty younger than her of the same rank. Outside of work, she has largely reached out to older members of the community, and the academy students and younger genin running about have been a distant curiosity. It has been a while since she has interacted at length with children - and they were like her, thrown into the midst of terror and war, with only one another to really look out for them. Shinobi lead similar lives, especially with the villages no longer being a beacon of stability like they once were. What has this little one been through?

[172]
[TWC: 3276]
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:51 am
The two ninjas seem to enjoy the praise and make several jokes about it. But the Hyuuga gets serious and after a quick drink, questions who Gonk is and why he was watching them. Gonk shrugs. “My name is Gonk Hoshigaki, I’m a genin and serve this village. I often walk on the beach, and tonight, I happened to stumble upon your fight.” Gonk hoped they believed him, he had told them the whole truth. He noticed the woman watching him with curiosity and some concern. 
“What about you two,” Gonk asked, “who are you and how did you end up here.” Gonk saw that they were both wearing Kirigakure headbands so they were fellow ninja of the mist.
“If they were going to attack they would have done so by now,” Gonk thought as he watched them. He noticed that both of the shinobi had interesting tattoos. He also noticed a studded club in sand. Gonk guessed that it belonged to the woman, as she would benefit more from a weapon requiring such strength.
“So it looks like the woman is more dangerous than I realized,” Gonk thought. “It would take a lot of skill to wield that weapon effectively, but the result is deadly.” Gonk turned his focus away from the club and waited for the ninja to answer.

[WC=221]
[TWC=1222]
Kato~
Kato~
Citizen

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm
"Hmm, a beachside arena sound like a good idea! Maybe we should suggest it to the Mizukage? I'm sure it would sell out every time" Kato chuckles as he carries on the little joke the him and Murata has spun between themselves. 

Kato's sense of seriousness immediately lifts as Gonk finishes speaking. With a relaxed and friendly expression he takes another swig from his sake bottle and then begins to speak "Just making sure you weren't a spy or anything like that" Kato say's with a chuckle. "Nice to meet you Gonk, my name is Kato Hyuuga." Kato was usually a good judge of character and the boy seemed the be speaking truthfully. Plus there was no escaping the fact he was clearly part of the Hoshikage clan, members of the mist village for a good while he'd heard.

"I apologise if I seemed suspicious at first, I get a bit defensive if someone sneaks up on me, especially if have had a few drinks" Kato swirled the bottle as he spoke, the sound of the liquid and the warmth within his body telling him it was nearly empty. "Its a gorgeous place this beach, it makes sense that it draws people in, I know thats how I found myself here." Kato then takes a step back and takes in the serene setting the three of them find themselves. His expression seems distant for a moment as he is temporarily lost in his thoughts, allowing the other two ninja to take more control of the conversation.

He'd forgot that there were kids running round who were also Genin like him. He wonders what it might off been like if he'd happened to be born in the Hoshikage clan rather than the Hyuuga. Would he off become a ninja sooner? Maybe he would off been a Chuunin at this age? Ah it didn't really matter, more of a thought experiment really. He knew that you're only dealt one set of cards when it comes to your birth and you've got to play it regardless. Coming out of his thoughts, Kato refocused on the two ninja accompanying him on the beach, keen to hear what they have to say.

[367]
[TWC = 3621]
[Unused WC = 971]
Murata
Murata
Citizen

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:12 am
"I was here to visit an acquaintance," Murata says, tilting her head towards the engraved stone. "Kato stumbled upon me, the same as you did. The cave does have funny allure."

When Gonk's gaze turns to the club Murata's follows it. She hefts her weapon from the sand and places it back on to her back. How long has she been out here? She looks up through the gap in the ceiling, where the stars gleam, the moon having left this small window. She has been blessed with new connections by her visit to the memorial, a cause for joy, but for some reason she feels perturbed by this newest visitor. Shouldn't see she be happy to see the young one? He's just like she was, not too long ago, swept in the tides of fate and eager to prove himself.

It is likely disrespectful for her to keep thinking of him as so young, as well. When she had taken up a sword, taken her first life, it had made her an adult. In this world it is just the same.

"Unfortunately," she says - enunciating each syllable, as though procrastinating on continuing the sentence, "...it is getting late. I have an early morning tomorrow! A pleasure, both of you," she bids, demeanor as bright as ever save for a bit of an awkward stiffness in her posture.

Murata departs, finding the moonlight shining upon her once more once she steps from the cave. The wind has stilled, quelling the mournful song that had drawn her here in the first place. Her heart pounds, her chest tight, and she finds herself casting her eyes over the dim beach - and behind her on the streets when she steps back into the streets of Kirigakure. Her instincts tell her that she is being stalked, that she will find a blade at her throat at any moment - but all is quiet and peaceful, and the fear starts to slowly ebb as she pulls herself into her tiny apartment, the woman running her hand through sweaty hair as she gains her bearings.

It dimly occurs to her that, all along, she'd been picturing Hondou-san as a child... but always thinking of her, somehow, as a peer.

Do not be lost in the past, the Sage entreats. Learn, and move forward. She repeats this mantra to herself, breathing deeply, steadying herself from this puzzling wave of anxiety.

"Princess?" Murata calls quietly. The apartment is quiet. Murata moves to the little table of the kitchenette, reaching for a can of cat food and filling a food bowl. In an instant, Murata's little mottled cat appears, far more interested in the clinking of kibble than her lowly vassal's voice. Murata reaches forward to stroke her ears - but hesitates, and draws back, instead just pulling up a chair to watch and rest.

[Exit]
[474]
[TWC: 3750]

Claiming: 37 stats, going into Strength.
1,500 words into Temple Style: Bark at B rank.
2,000 words into gaining the Sensory specialty.
250 words into Mark Seal.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum