Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Life is a HighwayToday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Shin Kenshin
Shin Kenshin
Citizen
Stat Page : https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t44423-shin-s-stat-page
Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Tsukigakure
Ryo : 8500

Feeling Rusty  Empty Feeling Rusty

Sun May 10, 2020 4:26 pm
The village was quiet as the night sky began to consume the sun's rays. Most people were sleeping or doing illegal things under the cover of night. The nocturnal creatures in the desert started their hunt for food to last them through the night. The air was cool and breezeless without a cloud to cover the sky. The moon shone brightly and illuminated the training grounds where Shin was headed. 

The Kaguya had finished a patrol mission that lasted all day. However, with today being inactive, Shin had trouble keeping up with his training while there was still sunlight. But that wouldn't stop him from not going at all. He needed to keep his strength for when he's tested again by the Kage. There was no way he was going to allow himself to fail in front of the Kage. 

Last time he went out training, he trained the bloodline techniques that he learned from an earlier age. But with that, it reminded him that he hadn't trained his ninjutsu, specifically his wind release ninjutsu. He had only learned Beast Tearing Palm from when he learned about his elemental affinity by a wondering shinobi that also had Wind Release. It was a useful technique but it seemed to be one of the few he knew. On top of that, most of his peers that are his rank have more than one element under their belt. It seemed he didn't pick that up when he was on the streets. He was determined to pick up either a new element or more wind release techniques. 

That why he was starting at the training ground. But first things first, Shin needed to train what he already had to keep his skills sharpened. The moonlight shone onto the field as he set up a target for him to train with. He started things with some basic taijutsu, kick and punches, just to get his blood pumping. Then he went on to his ninjutsu. He started to cultivate some chakra into his palm and rotated it, forming the Rasengan. He would slam the chakra ball into the target and destory it, flinging pieces of it all over the training field. "Maybe that was an overkill to start with?" He would say to himself and chuckle. After setting up the next one, Shin would go back to some easier ninjutsu like Spirit Gun. He would charge his fingers with chakra and blast the defenceless target with some simple shots. 

Finally, he would work on Beast Tearing Palm. Shin would recall all the training he got with the wanderer about how to use wind release. "Imagine a grinder that sharpening the air around you into a fine point," the wanderer would teach, displaying the Beast Tearing Palm. Shin would nod and copy the same steps that he had learned some years ago. The wind would form from his arm as he launched the blade at the target once more. It missed the first time but Shin followed up with two more strikes. The last two hit on the target, slicing it in tiny pieces. Shin smiled at the pieces on the ground, he still had it down. "Take that, " He would taunt the mindless block. 

WC: 539
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Big Blood
Living Clones : Zidane
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 25000

Feeling Rusty  Empty Re: Feeling Rusty

Sun May 10, 2020 7:45 pm
As the sun set, Guren made his way throughout the village. It was the first time in a while that he had been behind the walls of a major village. And so while exploring Sunagakure, he took notes on what it had to offer. The first of which was the amount of potential that the village had. Since it was in a rebuilding phase, there was likely room for some employment. Guren figured that during a time like this, bodies would be needed; whether it was for helping with construction, performing missions, or even assisting with training the shinobi force. Whatever the work may be, Guren knew he would be more than capable of doing it and could make some ryo in the process. In a best case scenario, Guren would end up in a position where he could establish something of his own. But his mind was wandering at this point. Truthfully it was too soon to know if he saw a future within the village, but at least there were possibilities. 

For now, his focus was on the street vendor persuading him to purchase an order of pork dumplings. As she waved the bowl of dumplings around in the air, the scent from their steam allured Guren's nostrils to lure him in closer. As he walked closer to the stand, it seemed as if the ryo within his wallet danced its way out and right into the street vendor's hand. And there it was. She had succeeded in her endeavors. Even though Guren had failed the battle and fell victim to his temptations, the reward was sweet and well deserved. With each bite from the pork dumplings, their savory taste made him forget all about the guilt of buying the food. 

Guren walked away from the vendor stand and began to straw from the village center. He didn't have a destination in mind but he just wanted to walk, eat, and observe his surroundings. From the direction he was heading in, the village's academy ruins were on his left. It was a sad sight. What would normally be a place for shinobi to learn, hone, and test their skills, was instead just an abandoned building. This spoke volumes on the state of Sunagakure. How could such a great ninja village not have a place to groom and blossom their future shinobi force? If there was no training being done in the village, then who made up the village's military? Perhaps it was more of a militia, consisting of former missing ninja who devoted themselves to this village. But this made Guren wonder about the reliability of such a work force. If a group of people who deserted their original allegiance all swore an oath to a new place, what type of loyalty would they have to it? How much trust would the kage have in them? It was interesting, but it must have been working. 

After passing by the academy ruins, Guren ended up at the training grounds. They looked as if they were used for lessons and spars, likely for the academy's students. And they were just as empty as the academy was, except for one shinobi who seemed to be practicing some wind release techniques. Even from a distance, Guren could tell that this guy was a bit taller than him. Yet what stood out the most was a snake-like, multi-colored ponytail which whipped in the direction of the ninja's movements. Strange. Guren had never seen hair like that on anyone in Kumogakure or along his travels. Perhaps it was considered stylish in this part of the world. Nonetheless, Guren began to approach him. He tossed the disposable bowl which housed his dumplings into a waste receptacle nearby and then stuck his hands into the pockets of his trench coat. 

"Yo," he called out as he approached. As he did, the shinobi seemed to be taunting the target of his training. Maybe he was envisioning it to be someone he detested, or a training partner. In any case it didn't seem to be effective to train with just a dummy. Some company might have been beneficial. "You training alone?"

Guren wasn't really sure what this interaction would lead to, but making a friend or two couldn't hurt. At the very least, maybe they could help each other train a bit. After asking his question, he would stop walking and wait for the man to turn around and acknowledge him. If he chose to do so, Guren would stick a closed fist out towards the ninja to exchange an introductory fist bump. "I'm G. What do you go by?"

(WC: 772)
Shin Kenshin
Shin Kenshin
Citizen

Sun May 10, 2020 8:57 pm
As Shin sighed after getting bored, he heard something being thrown into the garbage can nearby. It alerted him because it was late no one was out at this time of night. "Yo." Shin turned to the man that had greeted him. Right away, Shin was able to sense some strong chakra, meaning he either is a shinobi or a former one. He was about as tall as Shin and sported a large trench coat. As the moonlight beamed onto the man's figure, Shin was able to see that he had black hair that swirled into many different swirls around his head and a very well maintained beard. Shin would guess that he was in his mid-20s at the least, not realizing that the man was around the same age as him. 

Some in Suna might say that a man approaching you at night would be a bad thing, with all the violent missing ninja around. However, Shin saw it as someone to talk to. He was confident in his abilities to not be paranoid of stranger interaction. If the man was to attack him, then he would defend himself, simple as that. 

The man asked if Shin was training by himself, always a good way to introduce yourself and make it not seem like you were a murderer. Shin nodded, "Yeah, I've been on patrol all day and I needed to get some of my daily training in. Even if it's dark outside." He would smile at the stranger, still not fearing for anything. "Plus, with the cool night, I don't sweat as much before bed." He chuckled at his comment. 

As Shin rambled, the man approached and reached out his fist for a fist bump. Shin would gleefully fistbump back as he introduced himself as G. "I'm Shin," he smiled, showing some teeth this time. He didn't want to be seen as a threat to G, so he kept his smile big and his voice cheerful. "What are you doing? Just coming to train?" He asked G causally, just trying to keep the conversation moving along. 

At first, Shin originally figured this man was a shinobi of Suna with his chakra being high for any normal civilian. So if he wasn't here for training, maybe he was on patrol. But Shin noticed that his headband was a slashed off Kumo symbol. Ew, Kumogakure, Shin thought to himself. He didn't like the Kumogakure nation after the take over when he was younger. He only knew them as conquers. 

However, when the headband was slashed like his was, that normally meant that he was a missing ninja. A lot of missing ninja come from around the world with headbands like that. That could mean that he was a threat, after all, a lot of missing ninja had destroyed the village in the past. But he also could be the same band that came with Kenshin all that time ago. Shin would just have to wait and see what this shinobi was. 

WC: 501
TWC: 1040
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Sun May 10, 2020 11:01 pm
As Guren approached, he noted the man's eye contact as he seemed to visually scope Guren out. This didn't seem like an abnormal thing to do, especially when being approached at night. With missing ninja running about Sunagakure, it was likely that some had ill intentions. But Guren did not. Besides, what type of impression would he be making if he already started up trouble within his first week of visiting? 

When Guren had asked what the guy was up to, he responded stating that he had been on patrol and was just looking to do a little personal training. That was understandable. However that also meant that the man before Guren was a shinobi of the village. The first one he met aside from the village's gate guard. This wasn't exactly secret information, as the shinobi proudly wore his Sunagakure headband. But still, the man's honesty and openness was pleasant. 

The comment of the crisp air of the night was one that Guren could not agree with more. Although he had only spent limited time within the Land of Wind, the first thing he could notice was the harshness of the scorching sun. Nighttime was a lot more pleasant, that is until the winds picked up and you needed to start a fire to stay warm. But it wasn't late enough tonight to worry about that. Nonetheless, it was quite advantageous to train at night. 

"Shin" Guren thought as the two exchanged fistbumps. He nodded in approval and returned a soft yet friendly smile back. 

Shin's question puzzled Guren. Honestly, he wasn't really sure what he was doing at the moment. His day began with exploring the village and had brought him to the training grounds. "Well...I guess I'm new here. Was just giving myself a tour of the village until I found my way over here. Then I figured you seemed a bit lonely training by yourself, so I thought I would give you some company. Training's always better in pairs, right?" Guren said with a slight laugh. He was half joking, half serious but didn't want to intrude upon Shin's schedule. Some people's training regimens required them to be alone, and Guren understood that. But it might be of mutual benefit for the two to assist each other. 

While he spoke, he couldn't help but detect a bit of unease in Shin's demeanor. It seemed like he was scoping Guren out to a deeper degree, potentially noticing the partially exposed headband which stuck out his side pocket. He looked down at it himself, and saw that it was just visible enough for Shin to likely make out that it was a foreign headband. If his eyes were good, he would have also seen that the headband was slashed through. Guren reached his hand down to his left pocket and tucked the headband all the way into his pocket. 

"Hey, no need for any tension. This is just a piece of my past. Not too sure what it means to me anymore, but I'm trying to figure that out now....Just because I'm from and left a different place doesn't mean I'm here for trouble. Honestly I'm doing some soul searching....What about you, what does yours mean to you?" Guren inquired while referring to the headband that Shin toted. 

(WC: 550. Total = 1322)
Shin Kenshin
Shin Kenshin
Citizen

Sat May 16, 2020 7:17 pm
Guren seemed to get puzzled after his question like he wasn't even sure why he was there. Shin was confused as well.  As a boy that was always on the move to one place to the next, he never had time to just explore as Gruren did, so he figured that there must've been a reason. But it turns out that's what he was doing,  "Well...I guess I'm new here. Was just giving myself a tour of the village until I found my way over here." Another red flag would've been flying if Shin were the type to pay attention to red flags. "...Then I figured you seemed a bit lonely training by yourself, so I thought I would give you some company. Training's always better in pairs, right?" Both he and Shin laughed at that. "I guess you're right. It would be nice to spice things up with a partner." He wasn't sure what he was going to do with a partner though. He had only matched with his peers in the gang. This guy was still sort of a stranger to him, all he knew was his name and that he had a Kumo headband. 

Shin didn't notice that Guren could notice him staring at his headband. He tucked it further into his pocket to hide it from view. That's when flushed, getting embarrassed that he had rudely stared. "Hey, no need for any tension. This is just a piece of my past. Not too sure what it means to me anymore, but I'm trying to figure that out now...Just because I'm from and left a different place doesn't mean I'm here for trouble. Honestly, I'm doing some soul searching..." His hesitation about his past made Shin feel guilty that he even stared at it. "I-its okay. I didn't mean to stare!" He nervously stammered, rubbing the back of his head. Suddenly Gruen asked, "What about you, what does yours mean to you?" This stunned Shin for a moment, a little taken back. But then he smiles and takes off his headband to stare right at it. "Truth is, I just got it. For the longest time, I've always wanted to become a legit shinobi, like my parents. So for now, it represents that I completed my dream." He chuckled, "Kind of a short dream, huh?" Even though it was short, Shin was content with his dream. He felt complete as if he would die at any moment, he would be fine knowing that he had completed his goal. The moment Kenshin gave him his headband was like a dream. 

To get back on topic, Shin asked him he was curious about before. "Well, If you wanted to help me train, what did you have in mind? I can't guarantee to be super nice when it comes to a spar." He chuckled once more. But it was the truth, he wasn't sure how much he was able to be able to hold back. But perhaps he underestimated stranger. 

WC: 500
TWC: 1540
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Sun May 17, 2020 3:39 pm
Guren nodded in agreement when Shin agreed on having a training partner. It had been awhile since he had had someone to train with. Most recently, he had spent several weeks with the Bearded Vultures from the Cave of Carnage. At this point, any level of human interaction would be refreshing. Although he wasn’t certain as to how he might assist Shin in his training, Guren had a couple of ideas. Perhaps he could he be a sparring partner? Maybe even help him practice a couple techniques. Whatever it was, it would be fine with Guren. But it wasn’t his decision. He was the guest here.

Right as Guren began to inquire about Shin’s plan was when he had observed Shin noticing his headband. Following that interaction, his new friend responded rather anxiously. Perhaps Guren’s abruptness threw him off, yet he felt it was important to bring it up so that Shin would not have any misconceived notions about him. Guren gave a soft smile to Shim, letting him know that all was well before asking about his Sunagakure headband. The answer to the question was warming and pure. Seemed as if the headband held quite a bit of sentimental value to the shinobi, like it was an extension of both his parents and his own will. It was something that Guren didn’t understand. The relationship he had with his own parents was very short lived, and not necessarily healthy. He had never met his mother and his father probably wished he never met Guren. Nevertheless, Guren could empathize with Shin and try to see the importance of being inspired by those that raised you.

“That’s funny. But dreams are supposed to be short lived, right? Isn’t that why we have so many of them? Kinda like how we all have many ambitions and expectations of ourselves I supposed….”Guren reflected out loud. That comment was one he resonated with. Guren had many goals, both short term and long term. Recently he checked off a few from his list, and that feeling was beyond rewarding. Maybe that was similar to how Shin felt upon acquiring his headband. If so, Guren appreciate his response to his initial question. It made a lot of sense.

Now it was Shin’s turn to direct the conversation. And this time he would sort have read Guren’s mind, asking Guren what Guren was just about to ask him. That was proof enough that the direction of the conversation had one place to go. Of course, Guren was more than capable of holding his own in a spar although he wasn’t entirely certain if that would be what Shin was looking for. If it was, then Guren would look forward to it, if not than he would seek to figure out however he could assist Shin. “Listen, I am always down to participate in a friendly spar. But is that what you came to the training grounds for? If so, then I imagine that neither of us will hold back….” Guren paused. “Or was there a new ability that you were looking to develop and test out? Since I am interrupting your session, I would rather do whatever benefits you the most.”

With that he would cross his left arm around his chest, then lift and rest his right elbow upon his left hand. He placed his right hand on his jaw, with his thumb resting to the right of his chin and his pinky through index fingers on the left. He'd casually stroke his beard while he thought about what would be the best for the two shinobi's development. 

(WC: 601. Total = 1923)
Shin Kenshin
Shin Kenshin
Citizen

Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 pm
Shin seemed to be getting along with Guren pretty well; continuing conversation casually and smiling with each other. It's not that Shin had a problem conversing with people it was the opposite. However, with a previous hostile environment full of missing ninja and conquering villages, it was hard for Shin to make new friends due the constant hysteria. It was something that Shin could be thankful to Kenshin for. His new village allowed for Shin to make new friends. One's that he could share his dreams with and give his back story too.

“That’s funny. But dreams are supposed to be short-lived, right? Isn’t that why we have so many of them? Kinda like how we all have many ambitions and expectations of ourselves I supposed….” Guren responded, curiously. Shin thought about it. "Well, I thought dreams were supposed to last longer. It's strange to think that it was only after one meeting that I was able to accomplish that." Shin put his hand on his chin dramatically, "I guess, I'm just more concerned about what my next dream will be." He then realized that he hadn't asked Guren what his dream/goal was. In fact, Shin barely knew anything about the stranger; he didn't know his goals, plans, ambitions, hobbies or even if he had a special clan. But they would continue before he was able to say anything out loud. 

When Shin mentioned a spar, Guren looked a little uncertain. “Listen, I am always down to participate in a friendly spar. But is that what you came to the training grounds for? If so, then I imagine that neither of us will hold back….” Shin paused as well when Guren said that. Guren would continue, “Or was there a new ability that you were looking to develop and test out? Since I am interrupting your session, I would rather do whatever benefits you the most.” Shin then remembered something that he was thinking earlier about his skills. "Well..." He flushed embarrassingly, "I don't have a lot of elements mastered. I only have worked on Wind release. I know some people that have already mastered three elements. So I feel a little left behind." He nervously chuckled, slightly worried that Guren would judge him. "So if you had any elements other than wind release, I would love to learn it from you." Shin would quickly correct any judgement. "I am a really fast learner and I've already mastered a couple of high-level jutsu." He thought that if Guren didn't know that that he would be thought of as a weak genin level shinobi. It seemed that time on the street had him make sure that people know how powerful he was. 

The night air was still cool and the wind wasn't kicking up like is sometimes does. The stillness of the dry air and the dancing stars in the night sky would soothe Shin's anxious spirit. It was calm and inactive, the perfect area to focus on training and improving oneself. Shin's brightly coloured hair shone in the moonlight as it hung low to the ground.

WC:516
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm
As the two’s discussion about dreams continued, Guren thought about his own. What did he hope for? What were his aspirations? Since coming to Sunagakure he had some ideas, but nothing set in stone. It would be nice to continue his discussions with Kenshin related to transplants. It would be even better to find work throughout the village to come up with some ryo. But more than anything Guren just wanted opportunity to learn. This was his real incentive of approaching Shin. Getting some perspective from a Sunagakure shinobi might help him make his decision on if his stay would be permanent or not. It might give him some insight on the quality of life within the village.

Quickly Guren shook off all these thoughts, as he felt his internal monologue digressed into day dreaming. His scattered thoughts subsided and his eyes fell back upon Shin, who seemed to also be deep in thought.

However he could have just been thinking about Guren’s question regarding what their training could look like. And he was, as Shin made his feelings known regarding a lack of competency in multiple elements. By the sounds of it, he was just a specialist in Wind release techniques. And that wasn’t a bad thing. Wind release was a very valuable skill to have within someone’s arsenal. Nevertheless Guren understood why Shin might feel some degree of inaptitude compared to others he had met. Fortunately for him, Guren was able to use both Water Release and Lightning Release. Although he wasn’t certain if either would be elements that Shin might be interested in learning.

He nodded. “I understand. But know this, being a specialist in one thing is just as powerful as being well versed in many things. I am sure you are a very capable shinobi as is…But anyway I might be able to help you. Personally I am more specialized in Water Release techniques, but I also know quite a few Lightning Release techniques as well. But would you be keen on learning either of those?” Guren asked while looking at his new friend. Upon asking his question, he began to wonder about the abilities of Shin. If he had mastered some high level jutsu and could only use the Wind Release, would that mean all of his special techniques would be related to Fuuton? This probably wasn’t the case though. As all shinobi have something hidden up their sleeves.

With that, Guren would await for Shin's response. Depending on which he chose, Guren would have to think of a proper way to train him. He shifted his weight to his right foot and lifted and tucked his left behind his right, so that the toe of his boot was pointed against the ground. Then he placed his hands upon the back of his head as he thought about the most efficient way of going about this. 

(WC = 482. Total: 2405)
Shin Kenshin
Shin Kenshin
Citizen

Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:46 pm
What kind of element would Shin want to study the most? He had thought about it briefly but hadn't made his decision. Fire release was ideal for long-ranged attacks that burned their victims. But it was quite Shin's style, he was more of a slicing type with precision attacks. That would also eliminate Earth release for the same reason. Now, that left Lightning release and Water release. Shin enjoyed the sound of those two elements. They were exactly what he needed. Water complimented wind release and lightning would add a slicing aspect. Now he would just need to see if Guren had either of the elements.

Guren seemed on board on teaching Shin but offered some advice. “I understand. But know this, being a specialist in one thing is just as powerful as being well versed in many things. I am sure you are a very capable shinobi as is…But anyway I might be able to help you." Shin was gleeful and smiled at his new friend. "Thank you!" Shin knew that being well versed in one thing isn't bad either. But he also knew that he wouldn't grow as a shinobi if he wasn't able to learn new tricks. You can't learn new skills without exploring first.  

Guren told Shin his elements. "Personally, I am more specialized in Water Release techniques, but I also know quite a few Lightning Release techniques as well. But would you be keen on learning either of those?” Shin's eyes widen in surprise, jaw slightly dropped. He not excepting to find both elements with one trainer;  it was poetic. "Yes! I would love to learn both of them! I was just thinking of those two elements." Shin would pace around excitedly, going around in circles around the small diameter. He froze and smiled at Guren "Wow, are you sure you are not a mind reader?" Shin chuckled at his joke. "Now, mind reader, how will you teach me these elements? I'll listen to any instructions you have." He couldn't wait to see that Guren had up his sleeve to teach Shin. 

WC: 347
TWC: 2423
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:27 pm
During the discussion of elements, Guren started to wonder what elements he would be interested in learning. So far, he was primarily focused on his water release. It had always came naturally to him, even since he was a child. However he neglected to develop his lightning release as much as he probably should have. Perhaps today would mark the day that he would begin to invest more time in his training. Perhaps tooday would be the day he would embrace the abilities bestowed upon him by his father. But what element would compliment his current arsenal the best? His blood was his most hidden tool, but learning an additional basic element could really broaden his skill set. 

Today was not about Guren though. His interest at the moment was only to assist Shin however he could. And that would begin with a bit of knowledge transfer. As Shin confirmed that he would be interested in learning both water and lightning release, Guren had to reflect momentarily on the essence of each element. He thought for a moment, before collecting his thoughts. There was a brief period of silence, as Guren had been deep in his own mind he accidentally tuned the conversation out. He wouldn't even hear Shin's comment about Guren being a mind reader, or notice his pacing.  

And then his brain stumbled on an explanation and idea for explaining water release. "Okay my friend. I will teach you how I was taught." Guren paused again to reflect on how each of his teachers (his mentor, and his father) had taught the basics of progressing his elemental ninjutsu techniques. Although this brought up some less than fond memories, he quickly shook them off and continued. "Starting with water release." His eyes darted around the area, searching for a source of water. The finally fell upon 2, mid sized fountains nearby. "Let's begin over there." Guren said while pointed several meters to their East. He led the way, and would expect Shin to follow. When the two approached near enough, Guren would abruptly stop so that he was standing right next to one of the fountains. 

"This might sound weird..." he began, " but step into one of these fountains. I hope you don't mind getting your clothes a little wet." 

When Shin would step into the fountain, he would continue his instructions. "Now sit cross legged in the water, it should only come up to about waist height when sitting. And when you sit, close your eyes and dull out all of your external influences except for the water itself and my voice. Do this to the point where you can only feel and sense the water around you. Its feel. Its movement. Sound, temperature, everything. Stretch out your senses until you can visualize and feel the water as being more than just a liquid, but see it as an extension of your chakra network. Imagine your own reserve of chakra blending with the pool of chakra you sit within....It should be calm, tranquil, yet kinetic, and strategic....Once you feel the water is an extension of yourself, you will begin to mold this water as you see fit. But it will take time, which is why you must meditate in this water - filled environment." As Guren would instruct Shin, he would walk over to the adjacent fountain of water and follow his own directions as he spoke them. He made sure to take pauses in between commands to allow Shin to ample time to perform them proficiently. They were simple instructions, yet important. As Guren meditated, the only thing he could feel was his chakra pool essentially being replenished by the water which circulated throughout the fountain. 

After some time had passed, Guren would open his eyes and look at Shin who sat in the fountain across from him. "Are you feeling what I am describing?"

(WC; 650. Total = 3055)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum