Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kuniko Hyuuga
Kuniko Hyuuga
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Link
Remove Iryōjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 21445

Watchers at the Gate (NK) Empty Watchers at the Gate (NK)

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 pm
Mission Details

Kuniko Hyuuga awoke in the early morning of a glorious golden Hoshi dawn for another simple genin mission. He was still mentally scared from the encounter with the beast and didn't feel like taking on any task which actually posed a threat to people's lives, at least not yet. He began his morning rituals of bathing, combing his hair with extra care, meditating for a half hour on the castle battlements of the Hyuuga compound, and eating breakfast. Once his personal business was done, he was prepared to meet the day. He was excited on this particular morning, for he would get to meet another genin of his clan. 

Kuniko began to head out into the city. He was dressed in his usual purple hakama, with his long black hair flowing in the gentle breeze. He didn't particularity look like a ninja, but this was intentional. Kuniko always sought form over function, beauty over practicality, and he would continue to do so until his dying day. But he pushed his mind away from grim thoughts. He was going to meet another genin today at the city gates! It was not long before Kuniko found himself arriving at the city gates. It seemed a bit later than he intended on showing up. And Kuniko could only hope he did not arrive late to another mission...

WC: 225
Takeshi Hyuuga
Takeshi Hyuuga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 4350

Watchers at the Gate (NK) Empty Re: Watchers at the Gate (NK)

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:31 am
“Are you sure you want to be a part of a team? What if they find out or already know about your mother?!” Ryuu worried. “It’s the only way I am going to continue to grow as a ninja, if they know about my mother, let’s just pray that they don’t ask about it. But if they do? Well, we will have to see what happens from there.” Takeshi was really excited to be going on another mission, despite the incident that had happened during his prior mission. Not to mention, this time, he was going with another ninja as a possible teammate! Takeshi could barely hold in his excitement.

Takeshi had his hair in the usual bed head type style, tattered black shirt and red shorts with his old weapon’s pouch tightened onto his left leg. Takeshi checked the clock and saw that he was going to arrive at the village gates about twenty minutes early, so Takeshi felt assured that he was not going to look like a flake to this new ninja he was going to be going on a mission with. Takeshi grabbed his lunch and threw it into his backpack. Strapped it onto his back, walked toward the door. He looked at the sign next to the front door that read “Prove her wrong. Become worthy of life.” Takeshi gripped onto his backpack strap and ran out the door.

Takeshi arrived at the gates, fifteen minutes early for when the ninjas had agreed to meet. Takeshi looked around and didn’t see anyone that was looking for another ninja, so he assumed his comrade for the mission was one his way. “I can’t wait to actually interact with another person on a mission. This is going to go great.” Ryuu interjected “Hopefully.” Takeshi snapped “Ryuu. Don’t you dare. If you want to be negative, do it silently. I don’t want to hear it.” “Fine. Fine. I’m just worried.” Ryuu said sincerely. “I know Ryuu. Trust me, me too. But no matter what, we will make the best of this situation.” Takeshi checked all of his weapons and sharpened whatever tools were needing sharpened, and awaited his comrades arrival.

Word Count: 401
Kuniko Hyuuga
Kuniko Hyuuga
Genin
Genin

Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:59 pm
Kuniko finally arrived at the gates of Hoshi. Perhaps he wasn't too late today. His pale eyes spotted the figure that should be his kinsman. Another member of the clan, and more importantly, his newest partner. "Greetings! I am Kuniko Hyuuga, could you forgive my tardiness? I am here at last." Kuniko said this calmly, and with a slight bow to his new comrade. It was already clear that the two of them had major differences in style. Kuniko's clothing was of high quality and immaculate. His ninja pouch was hidden in the recesses of his Hakama so as not to be an eyesore. His long black hair was perfectly straight and well maintained. 

When Kuniko raised his head, he gave a smile and looked at his comrade with gentle eyes. Today should be a fine day. The streets were not crowded, and the weather was perfect. It was as if the world had wanted the two shinobi to meet here and get to know each other, or at least so Kuniko thought. He had a tendency to get easily distracted by overthinking things as more than coincidence. 

TWC: 413
Takeshi Hyuuga
Takeshi Hyuuga
Citizen

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:57 pm
[size=30]Takeshi was sharpening away, enjoying the beautiful day, feeling the sun in his hair and down his front. “It’s a beautiful day today.” Takeshi said to himself. Takeshi continued to sharpen his tools, continued to take a look around. Still  about five minutes until they planned on meeting up. “Do you think he is coming?” Ryuu asked Takeshi. “I’m sure of it. Not to worry. He’ll get here sooner or later.” Takeshi had just finished sharpening his last blade when he decided to take a look around to look for his soon to be comrade. “Aren’t you even the least bit worried?” Ryuu asked in a slight panic. “Not really, Ryuu. Honestly. If he finds out or if he already knows, then we will have to deal with that when it happens. Borrowing trouble will do us no good as of right now.” Takeshi said calmly. “I guess you’re right.” Ryuu relented. Takeshi leaned back and enjoyed the sun just a little longer.[/size]

[size=30]It was just past the time they had agreed to meet when he saw someone in the distance, wearing the most extravagant clothes. Takeshi immediately felt uncomfortable with the clothes he was wearing. Takeshi grabbed his backpack and opened it, grabbed the slightly torn combat vest and put that on top of the clothes he was already wearing. “That’ll hide it for sure.” Ryuu said sarcastically. “Well I gotta do something, you see what that guy is wearing?” Takeshi closed his backpack and stood up. He hear Kuniko speak, “Greetings! I am Kuniko Hyuuga, could you forgive my tardiness? I am here at last.” Then he bowed in Takeshi’s direction. [/size]

[size=30]“Of course my friend. You have the most exquisite taste in clothing comrade. It’s great to see you.” Takeshi felt comfortable with this person, he was excited to hopefully be meeting a friend. “Yeah, but what if he realizes who you are?” Ryuu asked. “We’ll cross that bridge. But for now let’s try and not make it weird.” Takeshi said in his head. “I cannot wait for our mission, to be part of a group is going to be an exciting experience.” Takeshi reached out his hand and waited for his comrade to reciprocate the gesture.[/size]

[size=30]Word Count: 408[/size]
Kuniko Hyuuga
Kuniko Hyuuga
Genin
Genin

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 am
Kuniko stood before his new comrade and looked him up and down. His sense of fashion was unfortunately limited, but he could work with it. Kuniko smiled at the young man before him. He was massive. Truly, Kuniko felt absolutely dwarfed before the size of this shinobi. Kuniko's eyes were at level with Takeshi's chest and the top of his head didn't even reach the beginning of the larger young man's neck. Kuniko judged Takeshi to be maybe a foot taller than himself, and a hundred pounds heavier. Two Kuniko's could stand next together in his shadow. And now the giant had his hand outstretched. 

Kuniko closed his eyes with a grin, bringing his right hand up to his chin. "Forgive me, friend, but my father always told me to never shake hands with anyone. I fear my father would curse me if I broke his rules. I mean no offense to you, so I hope my bow will suffice." Kuniko once again bowed before the giant shinobi, but slightly deeper this time. His long hair slid from shoulders and hung in the air for a moment until Kuniko felt he had shamed himself long for enough.

Kuniko craned his neck up to look at Takeshi's face as he said in a calm tone, "Our first mission together is to simply wait here at the gates and give directions to any travelers who need them. A simple mission for genin like us. Nothing dangerous at all." Kuniko smiled brightly at the thought and beamed his pearly whites at his partner. He was starting to get over the disastrous nightmare that happened the previous month, but the experience would probably affect his behavior for years to come. Kuniko turned his thoughts to the present with a smile. "Let's get to know each other!"

TWC: 715
Takeshi Hyuuga
Takeshi Hyuuga
Citizen

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:22 am
Takeshi had his hand outstretched to Kuniko, As Kuniko got closer, he realized just how much smaller Kuniko was compared to Takeshi, but what he lacked in size, he made up for in grace. Watching this man move was almost cinematic. The clothes that he wore, they were something to behold. Especially compared to Takeshi’s outfit. “"Forgive me, friend, but my father always told me to never shake hands with anyone. I fear my father would curse me if I broke his rules. I mean no offense to you, so I hope my bow will suffice." Takeshi was interested in the fact that Kuniko’s father would tell him not to shake people? It seemed like a common practice to him, but I guess not in his family. Takeshi didn’t feel at all offended, more interested in the difference his family had with most people. Kuniko bowed a magnificent bow, Takeshi could tell that the two ninjas that stood talking were from two completely different lives. Takeshi enjoyed Kuniko’s company, he seemed like a very warm person to be around.

"Our first mission together is to simply wait here at the gates and give directions to any travelers who need them. A simple mission for genin like us. Nothing dangerous at all." Takeshi couldn’t feel but a little bummed at the fact that we weren’t going to go on a dangerous mission, but he also knew the fact that he did not quite know enough to make a dangerous mission something that Takeshi would even be of value. The dangerous missions will have their time and place, and Lord knows that Takeshi is itching to get there.

“Let’s get to know each other.” This hit Takeshi hard. No one had ever really wanted to talk to Takeshi to any real extent. Even before the incident, he rarely had anyone that wanted to talk to him. Part of that is he was always socially awkward, talking to people was not his strong suit. This was most certainly true when taking into account the fact that he has a voice in his head that Takeshi speaks to. Takeshi thought, “Could I actually have a friend?” Just the thought made Takeshi excited. He had never had a friend before. But before getting overzealous, Takeshi calmed down and responded. “I would love that. My name is Takeshi Hyuuga and now I know your name. What can you tell me about yourself?” Takeshi was hoping that Kuniko would go first because he is terrible at talking about himself.

Word Count: 503
Kuniko Hyuuga
Kuniko Hyuuga
Genin
Genin

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:22 pm
Kuniko smiled at his new friend. He thought they were certainly off to a good start. With the streets by the palace gates being so empty, Kuniko didn't mind telling Takeshi about himself. "I'm not from this village originally, but my family moved here when most of the other Hyuuga relocated to Hoshigakure. I was sent away to train under a group of travelling merchants for a few years after I graduated from the ninja academy. They were professional fashion designers, musicians, make-up artists, and world renown cooks! I learned many things while with them, which helped refine myself as a person." Kuniko beamed as he discussed that very unique group of people. 

With a nervous laugh, Kuniko continued, "I probably should have spent more time training on how to be a ninja though while I was with them haha. Master Ayato had to save me on my way back to the village, and back then i was pretty much useless. That's why I am starting out with simple missions like this. I have to build up my tolerance before going out on dangerous missions again!" Kuniko raised up his arms in triumph with a serious stare towards the sky above. Of course, the gesture only made him feel that much smaller compared to Takeshi. 

Kuniko let his arms fall then brought his hand up to his mouth with a cough to move on. "So Takeshi, what is your story?" 

TWC: 955
Takeshi Hyuuga
Takeshi Hyuuga
Citizen

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Takeshi was certainly terrified at the idea of holding up a conversation. While he was so excited to have someone to talk to, especially an actual new friend, the idea was just terrifying. “Don’t say the wrong thing. Don’t make this weird. Don’t hurt his feelings.” These were the things that were going through Takeshi’s head. Takeshi was in fact worried about this conversation going south, but he did feel differently with Kuniko. He seemed like a very nice person, someone that you can actually trust. Takeshi listened as Kuniko spoke, he was very interesting to watch talk, his body moved with such elegance, almost as if he was trained to be royalty.

"I'm not from this village originally, but my family moved here when most of the other Hyuuga relocated to Hoshigakure.” Takeshi also didn’t come from here. Even from two ninja so different from each other, literally on two separate ends of the spectrum, could have something in common. Even though it was something so menial and common. It was something that Takeshi could latch onto in this conversation.

“Being sent away to learn, interesting how parents operate. How different they could be.” His parents loved him so much they let their son go and train and refine himself. While Takeshi’s only parent hated him so much that she would beat him nearly to death and drive him insane. How interesting that would have been if Takeshi’s mother would have just sent him away to learn away from home and away from the village.

“Mater Ayato had to save me on my way back to the village.” “Master Ayato?” Takeshi thought. “He must be speaking of the same man who spared my life and ruled me innocent of murdering my mother.” Takeshi thought very highly of Master Ayato, not only because of him sparing Takeshi’s life, but because of how respectable he was and how easy it was to look up to him. Master Ayato was certainly one of Takeshi’s role models and he wanted nothing more than to be just like (or better than) master Ayato.

Kuniko seemed so confident, even when calling himself useless. Kuniko is also someone that Takeshi would strive to be like. Kuniko is someone that Takeshi will pay very close attention to. Not only is he easy to talk to, he immediately feels as though we have been friends forever, even though the two couldn’t be more different. “Ryuu. Are you there?” Takeshi thought to himself. “Yeah. I’m here. What’s up?” Ryuu questioned. “I believe that I have found a friend. I want to thank you for your help, you got me through the hardest part of my entire life, and I couldn’t be anymore thankful. But I don’t think I can handle it on my own from here.” Takeshi was truly grateful. “That is all I needed to hear, Tak. You are stronger than you think. You can get through this, I hope you have found yourself a friend. Goodbye Takeshi. Good luck, my friend.” Ryuu responded, sounding relieved and happy. Takeshi could feel a presence from inside his mind leave. Takeshi felt like he could see the world in another way, he didn’t need to have someone to talk to in his head. He now had someone to talk to in real life.

“So Takeshi, what is your story?” Takeshi felt his heart sink, his stomach drop, and his hands shake. Takeshi was still terrified about telling his story, especially when he was concerned that it might mean that this ninja would hate him like so many others had in the village and in the Hyuuga clan. “My story? Ahh you know, moved here as a child. Went to the academy pretty late because of certain reasons. Graduated anyway and now I do missions trying to prepare myself to become a Chuunin. Basic story really. Nothing glamorous like your story!” Takeshi could feel himself speaking, he felt the nervousness in his own words. While he wanted to be completely up front with Kuniko, he didn’t want to ruin the nice conversation that they had been having up to this point. So Takeshi figured he would just try and forget about it and have a nice conversation with him instead. “So tell me,” Takeshi spoke again, quite nervous, “Tell me more about the traveling merchants.” Takeshi felt the sweat accumulate on his forehead, he didn’t know if Kuniko had bought it. Being as sharp as Kuniko was, he doubted it. While a small piece inside of Takeshi wanted Kuniko to push the issue so he can be a true friend to him by being totally honest with him. Takeshi was just far too worried to talk about it.

Word Count: 821
Kuniko Hyuuga
Kuniko Hyuuga
Genin
Genin

Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:48 am
Kuniko enjoyed telling a condensed version of his life story to Takeshi. There were of course plenty of personal matters he didn't think were necessary to add, even though he wanted to. A more pressing concern was the other ninja's reaction to Kuniko's question. Kuniko had guessed that Takeshi was nervous upon their first meeting, but now it was quite obvious. The larger fellow was sweating and even shaking. This confused him for a moment. Kuniko stood there wondering how could someone so large be afraid of anything? Perhaps it was because they were in a public area. Kuniko had heard of certain ninjas who became nervous when exposed in open areas. After all, Kuniko himself swore never to do a mission outside of Hoshi while alone, simply do to his own fear from his encounter with the Pale Beast. 

Takeshi told his short story to his smaller companion, who was listening wholeheartedly. Kuniko loved to hear other people's stories. He could tell that his larger companion was hiding something by the way he spoke, not to mention his body language. It made Kuniko curious, but an itch under his bangs gave him a reminder of his responsibility as a Hyuuga shinobi. Furthermore, Takeshi was clearly troubled. The young ninja hurriedly came up with something to say to put him at ease. Kuniko smiled and said in regards to Takeshi's story, "how charming! It is quite rare for a shinobi to have such a concise story in this village. Perhaps our family branches are not so far apart?" 

Kuniko hoped that Takeshi would pick up on his subtle question of his family's position of prominence in the clan. An idea struck Kuniko; to punctuate his sentence he turned his head slightly to the side with a grin as he looked up at Takeshi. In same movement he adjusted his long hair with a flourish of his hand which would reveal the Hyuuga Curse Mark upon his forehead just long enough for Takeshi to get a good look at it. Kuniko's family was one of the few cadet branches to maintain the tradition of placing the distinct "X" shaped mark on their foreheads to denote their servitude to the main branch. It was very hard these days for Kuniko to tell which Hyuuga were higher up the social ladder. 

“Tell me more about the traveling merchants." Upon hearing these words, all thought about his companions nervous composure ceased. No one cared to listen to Kuniko's travel stories, so the poor boy was in near shock. After a moment of silence, Kuniko's slack jaw turned into a grin, and his eyes lit up like a child's. He clasped his hands together over his chest and leaped closer to Takeshi. Kuniko had subconsciously broken his own rule of personal space etiquette, but he had to know if his companion was telling the truth."Do you really want to know about the travelling merchants? There were nine of them, all different shapes and sizes and there personalities couldn't be farther apart. There was Akari, Keiko, Miyu, Yuika, Ryo, Tsubasa, Kaito, Soma, and Riku. I spent a few months as the personal assistant to each one. I spent the most time with Keiko, she was the fashion designer and a master seamstress. But Yuika also taught me the importance of taking care of your hair. And Kaito was a good man too, he showed me the true path of aesthetics. They all sort of traded me around as group helper, even though I was supposed to be learning how to guard them. Thankfully we never got into any trouble on the road, but boy did they like to argue with each other. They got into play fights all the time, but Ryo was such a good chef that they would always forget what they were arguing about over dinner. Oh no, I'm ranting, please forgive me." Kuniko finished off with a bow once more in apology for losing his composure. 

TWC: 1619

Last edited by Kuniko Hyuuga on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Takeshi Hyuuga
Takeshi Hyuuga
Citizen

Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:02 am
Mid thread claims:

TWC: 1946
Adding 4 stat points
Adding 691 to Eight Trigrams: Mountain Crusher (Learned)
Previous progrerss on Mountain Crusher - http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42315p10-byakugan-training
Adding 1500 to Eight Trigrams: Front Kick (Learned)
Adding 309 to Eight Trigrams: Storm Senbon (309/1750)

Last edited by Takeshi Hyuuga on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum