Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
An Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesToday at 2:31 pmOkisho UchihaFar Away Today at 2:04 pmAkki SenjuA Few Errands to RunToday at 1:52 pmOkisho UchihaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Today at 12:34 pmHasumi HayatoTeam 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon Tau
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
26 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 352200

Before Greatness... And Its Statue [Nobunaga] Empty Before Greatness... And Its Statue [Nobunaga]

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:00 pm
With the breeze from the coast came the salty breath of the ocean. It felt different as of late. It imbued the conqueror with a clearer vision, singing his nose to keep him alert and focused on what had to be done. His people were not made to be farmers and slaves to economics and trade. Old Kirigakure had followed that fruitless path, and it had found itself burnt alive by the dry wood of the impotent trees. In this new world, in New Kirigakure, his people would have to keep moving forward. Konohagakure had been the last conquest, yet it was not to be the only one. With a new piece by his side, he was armed with all the information he needed to ensure the mist could swallow more of the known world.

Xyxer stood before the imposing replica of his form, a cloth dangling over an unknown object at the side of him that almost seemed to mimic the human form, aside for a head at least. He had sent word to the latest ANBU recruit for him to rendezvous at this spot in particular as he felt it gave the best indication for where he now was. He would have had ample time to mix with the locals if he so desired, and to understand that Xyxer was not as much of a monster as he was made out to be... to his own people, at least.
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Before Greatness... And Its Statue [Nobunaga] Empty Re: Before Greatness... And Its Statue [Nobunaga]

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 pm
The clinking of armor could gradually be herd, growing ever so slightly in pitch over the roaring of the distant ocean, signaling the arrival of the brute. The new initiated member of Kiri's Hunter Corpse answered the call of his master much like a wolf being summoned by the pack leader. "Lord Mizukage." Grunted the Hiyu as he bowed down onto one knee behind the Kage despite the fact that he was not even looking at Nobunaga. Formalities remained the same. "Is it not strange to gaze upon yourself, in such a manner?" He would ask upon rising to his full height. It was not like looking into a mirror but like looking at yourself frozen in time, with older aspirations, goals, and so much less wisdom and experience. Nobunaga was not a man who enjoyed the luxuries and pleasantries that came with power and wealth. A statue of himself, he felt was overboard. But perhaps that was because he never experience such power, a level that made other worship you to the point where they immortalized you in the form of a statue. That was until the next person took your place and toppled the statue of you only to be replaced by the successor, forgotten in the annals of history along with those whom served him.

If the Leviathan took the time to glance at Nobunaga, he would see that his servant adorned the wolf mask that he had hand picked back in the chasm of the ANBU. Along with his new mask was a new, polished black cloak that draped and concealed his entire armored body and was fitted with a hood that left nothing visible save his mask. Along was his entire body that was concealed by the cloak were the pouches and gear containing his weapons and a scroll that sealed his massive great sword. Now that he was officially an ANBU he could no longer carry the sword around the village on his back for it would immediately give away his identity. 

He knew Xyxer had called him here for it was time to perform his duty as the servant hand of the Mizukage. It was time for the newly confirmed initiate the serve and he humbly stood by, awaiting to see what would be asked of it.
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Before Greatness... And Its Statue [Nobunaga] Empty Re: Before Greatness... And Its Statue [Nobunaga]

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:01 pm
The familiar gravelly voice of Nobunaga came from behind him, as well as the impact of the man's knee on the ground. He'd taken to the customs of Kirigakure as if he had been born there. His question brought a smirk to the tight lips of the warlord, likely unseen due to the angles the found themselves facing. A heartbeat transpired before a response was delivered, his voice calm and almost friendly, "Not for me, although it's not entirely for my eyes. Kirigakure venerates me, and to see this statue invokes a sense of pride in their breast. No longer mere fishermen and boatbuilders. There've been two iterations of this statue, you know?" Not too long ago they'd be standing amidst ruins of the former statue. A testament to his usurpers' strength and fury against the Hozuki. Had he been stronger... he could have lead the village to a new age. Instead, he decorated the village with hushed rumours of the wailing from atop the Mizukage building. A man that challenged the Mizukage, and found himself experiencing a neverending bloodeagle.

By now he turned to look towards the dominant wolf beside him, his eyes analysing his form for a few moments. The wolf did not seek to protect anything but its own pack. Perhaps this was intentional on the part of Nobunaga yet he was unsure. It was difficult to unburden a desire from within ourselves, especially when that goal was the catalyst to wagering our life. Nobunaga would be granted his chance to be an aegis early on, to show him that Xyxers words had not been empty in his promise in that conquered land.

The breeze around them developed into a more volatile howl, "I can't have the ANBU of my village resting on their laurels, I'm sure you're aware. I have a task for you, one you'll be accompanied on." Once more the man turned around to look up towards the statue of himself. Monuments were saved only for the greatest, and gods. It was considered sacrilegious, a testament to mans arrogance, to have one made of yourself... yet what was stopping Xyxer from claiming godhood himself? All he needed to fulfil the ritual were sacrifices, and he could tell they were coming.
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:19 pm
A statue not for him but for his people. Something they could look up to, inspire them to be their greatest selves, an ideal to look forward to. A statue meant to invoke a sense of pride and duty. That was the apparent purpose of the towering monument of the Mizukage. Nevertheless, Xyxer seemed to enjoy staring at the structure resembling himself, a monument that reminded people who he was and reminded him that he was deserving of their worship. From behind the mask granted only to those deemed worthy enough to be among the Kage's elite, Nobunaga watched and analyzed Xyxer standing almost in satisfaction before his own statue. "Two iterations?" The ANBU asked, confused as to what his new leader was getting at. Did he mean that there were two generations of Mizukage who had decided to immortalize themselves in the form of a man made statue much like the Hokage Heads in Konoha or was this the second statue implemented of Xyxer himself? If the former, who was the previous leader and why did Xyxer bring it up? If the latter, what reason was there for making two statues?

With the veiled object in hand, Xyxer turned to lay eyes upon Nobunaga for the first time in his new garb as an ANBU of Kiri. The Hiyu stood tall and strong, unwavering in his stance and perfect posture while the alpha wolf analysed his newly knighted warrior. The Hiyu would remain silent while the Leviathan feasted his eyes upon his creation. There was a sense of pride in standing there, while the architect of his new existence stood there in appreciation of his work. For perhaps the first time ever, the Hiyu was not being used as a tool simply out of a sense of duty. He was not here simply because of the order of things, because society had deemed him lesser than another and therefore relinquishing him to a role that demanded his servitude. He found himself standing here in the belief that he could be used to achieve a higher goal, that his skills could actually be put to use in good faith. A new beginning had dawned on the Hiyu and he was not about to slip away.

As expected, the new beginning sprouted a task that the Hiyu was required for. "Nor am I here to sit idly and whither away unused." Nobunaga would momentarily say as he crossed his concealed arms from underneath his pristine black cloak. At first, back in the forest of Konoha, Nobunaga did not understand the man standing before him. They did not see eye to eye for their world views were fundamentally at odds despite not being so different in desired outcomes. However, after having now spent months among his people, having seen their admiration of their leader and after having witness Xyxer's devotion to his people and their cause, Nobunaga was coming around. Both physically and idealistically, he was being reborn.

"What are the details?" He asked upon Xyxer turning around to face his statue once more, almost basking in the blueprint he had devised before handing it over to the hand of the mechanic whom who bring his design into existence. "What am I to do, whom am I to be accompanied by. Am I leading or being lead?" The Hiyu went strait to the point, he wanted information, details, descriptions. He was an aegis, built and crafted to carry out the necessary tasks it took to protect that which required his protection or to bring down his massive great sword on that which required cleaving.
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:58 am
His head bowed for a moment in response to Nobunaga's repetition of his words. The burden of power was nothing new to him, all throughout his life he had known some form of strength; spun its very fabric around his form so that others saw him as its vessel. Few ever sought fit to question the conqueror on his supposed strength, yet in a sense, the man before him had done just that. He'd doubted the myth of the sleeping monster, otherwise what point was there in issuing the challenge? To fight a battle that could not be won was a concept that remained foreign in the Conquerors mind. He didn't see any battle as impossible... perhaps that was where the two separate entities were similar. Only time would tell if the Wolf was cut from the same cloth.

"The original was destroyed when Haru Hyuuga sought fit to destroy the months of craftsmanship and toil. Left my visage as nought more than ruins and scrap to be ignored." The memory was as clear as a sunny day to the man, "I had it rebuilt a year or so after I reclaimed my birthright. There was a... humbling sensation about allowing the ruins to remain. Yet a village cannot believe in its leader if he enables transgressions such as those to linger." Memory of the Hyuuga clan leader almost brought a smile to his face, a gentle curving of his lips. Almost. He had proven to be one of the most useful assets Kirigakure had obtained, his capability for... duty. It had served him well, so much so that his family had been turned into sacrifices so Xyxer could obtain the perfect ANBU. The revelation of such was too much of a burden for the man to bear, and so he had to be discarded.

Dreams and hopes were what fueled the majority of the shinobi realm. Anyone that studied to become a ninja had an aspiration to be something greater than they had once been: To protect the weak, defend their loved ones, to clench power inside their fist. A long time ago, the answer for Xyxer had been as clear as his devotion to Kirigakure. To be a legend like the heroes and villains in the stories he'd heard as a child. Now... he was uncertain. He'd attained the status of a legend to most swordsmen, and his tale could be heard across the villages and as nightmarish tales to the missing shinobi... yet what good were they to him? Doubt had started to infest his mind on whether this was the path he was supposed to walk. A feeling of impending doom feeding upon his caged heart, yet he'd never reveal this. He couldn't.

As swiftly as the thought came, it disappeared with the howling of the wind. His ANBU queried the exact details of his mission, causing the man to turn around and face him. "All will be made apparent soon, yet I can not say these things to you. It's impossible to know whether a village has been infiltrated, and just what amount of information can be exposed. I did not bring you here for nothing though." Xyxer nodded his head towards the white cloth that was being violently pulled by the elements. "Armour designed solely for you, and further research on the clan you hail from. The Hiyu are quite versatile people I hear. At least if they are properly conditioned. Under this sheet you'll find carefully constructed armour, wearing it will be... unpleasant, yet the boons it'll yield on your flesh will make it more than worth it I'm sure you'll find." Xyxer took a step to the side, allowing his companion to remove the cloth if he so desired.

Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:16 am
"A year later..." Thought the Hiyu, wondering why the ruler of Kiri had waited so long to repair the monument of himself. Perhaps he left it in ruins as a reminder of his failure, whatever that may have been. The site of a representation of himself laying, crumbled and scattered on the ground would be an effective gesture to keep that failure vivid in ones mind. But he was right. Much like the Hokage Heads high above in Konoha, if the people of Kirr were going to have any faith or admiration in their leader, they would need their statue back. A simple statue would be enough for the common folk however it meant nothing to the Hiyu. It was simply a representation of his leadership among his people. Nobunaga's conviction in following the Leviathan not only came from the fact that he was a man of his word and would keep his end of the bargain but he had come to understand and believe in the new world order Xyxer wished to bring about for his people, a world truly worth protecting. 

Nobunaga had no friends, no loved ones or anyone he held dear to himself. He had forsaken such relationship in order to fully commit himself to his service in others, his duty to protect. That very same duty now lead him to be employed under a conqueror, one whom separated himself from the pack for despite his ferocity and capacity for violence, he did was he believed was necessary for his people. However, if the world he envisioned for his people came to fruition, it would inevitably put him on a pedestal never achieved by another. Perhaps those were his true intentions, the real reason behind his conquering and masked behind a facade of wanting to do what was right. Something Nobunaga would discern in due time. 

"As you wish." Responded the brute, remaining tall and unmoved before his leader as the velocity of the wind picked up around them. It was wise of him to keep the details of the assignment to himself for now. Eyes and ears of others were always a risk and such things were better left untold until the two of them could meet in a more private environment. Nobunaga had acted rash, determined to fulfill his duty to the best of his abilities. 

Behind his pearl white and intricately painted mask, the Hiyu's gaze fell upon the cloth whipping in the wind which concealed whatever Xyxer had brought to their meeting. Something for his newly initiated ANBU it seemed. The Mizukage was showing his own devotion to those who served under him, having delved into the clan abilities of Nobunaga's clan in order to masterfully design a suit of armor tailor made for his aegis. Come to think of it, no one had ever performed such an action for the Hiyu. Never, out of all the leaders he had served and all the men he worked with. Yet here he stood, before a man hailed as a demon and being the only man to ever perform such a gesture for Nobunaga. Perhaps this was truly his rightful place in the world, this was truly where the failed aegis belonged. 

"My Kekki Genkai offers me a very unique and specific control over the physiology of my body." Stated the Hiyu while stepping towards the cloaked object. Now knowing for sure what Xyxer had found during his research, the Hiyu would give a concise elaboration. "I can manipulation my body on a cellular level, being able to achieve a multitude of effects. Making my flesh harder, growing in size, changing my appearance, creating duplicate limbs... to name a few." The Hiyu would clench the drape and slide it off of his armor as he gazed upon the finished product. 

It was a thin plated suit of armor, looking almost like a skin tight suit made of fabric, clearly a sort of under armor more than it was a set for war like that which the Hiyu currently sported underneath his cloak. Based off of the Kage's words, Nobunaga would most likely be able to bond with this similarly to how his flesh was currently bonded to the full plated set he wore each moment of everyday. He wondered what benefits this was tailor made for. The craftsmanship and attention to detail were clear in this work of art. "You have my gratitude, my Lord." Nobunaga picked up the light weight suit of armor, admiring it from behind his mask. Nobunaga would refrain from putting it on for he did not want to reveal his identity out in public. "I assure you, I will be putting this to good use." As a swordsman and one who lived in his armor, Nobunaga looked forward to the chance where he could give this new set a test run.
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Thu May 09, 2019 8:29 pm
The extent of the Hiyus versatility, now that it was revealed by a member of the clan, impressed the conqueror. To wield such control over ones body was a feat many martial artists aspire towards, yet the Hiyu were simply born with it. An entire frontline that consisted of such fighters would be deadly, yet no clan would be supremely loyal to a leader that was not their own kin, especially when afforded such power.

When Xyxer thought about it, there was little difference between both Nobunaga and himself. They had superior control over their bodies afforded by the clans they were born into, as well as traversing the honourable path of the samurai despite the mockery they made of shinobi. Deceit was in the language of Ninja, an unspoken rule that made citizens and shinobi wary of one another. The art of deception was no fickle thing, and while it had its usage in warfare, it sullied the reputation. This was not to say that Xyxer did not consider himself a good deceiver, perhaps he was so proficient that sometimes he was capable of fooling himself with his true aspirations.

Hand wrapped around wrist behind the back of Xyxer, his gaze once again returning to the behemoth. That man was incapable of deceit. A lonesome stranger provided to him in the bite of winter. A soldier gifted to him by divine right. Memory of the encounter within the white forest filled his senses, particularly the desire to be an aegis towards others. To save lives, rather than sunder. Xyxer always spoke of Kirigakures dominance, the intrinsic brilliance of its soil that had grown the finest shinobi. Harsh regimes that curated talent and creeds which outlasted villages in which they were born. How perfect could Nobunaga develop to be if he was from Old Kirigakure? The teachings from that village could have served him well, although he would not be the man that had came to him in that forest. Experiences shaped him, and that was what New Kirigakure had stemmed from. Multitudes of varying experiences, a whole ensemble of shinobi from different villages working together to propel their new home into the highest echelons of civilization. Xyxer would lead them there, though the cost would be great.

Around Xyxer, a spectre of a dragon breathed its insidious poison, the vicinity around both The Conqueror and The Aegis flattening in a manner which betrayed the wind from earlier. An unfamiliar pulse of chakra crept from another world into the next, invading for the first time, but certainly not the last. A pact was to be made. Within this moment, the mans eyes had warped into slits nestled upon a volcanic hue of amber. “Your desire to be an Aegis is to be fulfilled, Nobunaga. Meet with your former captors and provide them with my terms. You have the rare opportunity, an invaluable gem, to save the lives of many if you succeed. If you are unable to do so, then I hope you are still able to rest easy with the scores of the dead we leave for the vultures to gorge on.  The new Raikage is Maximillian Yamaguchi, if that name means anything to you.” With the pact made, and further instructions relayed within the mind of Nobunaga, the searing energy of Shogun gnawed through to the core of the men. Gentle gusts of chilled air returned to them, the energy from before was gone, yet unable to be forgotten. Xyxer had no need for further words, now was the time for action.

[Exit]

Shogun Reward pact made with Nobunaga
-180 AP (I really need to get that checked again) so 80 AP reward if he fulfills the terms (I can DM a mod if they wish to know them, would rather not write to avoid any potential metagame)

He can also use Kiri funds for his armour.

I'll do my WC afterwards, as I always do.
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Citizen

Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm
As if gravity itself had been altered, there was a sudden increase in pressure with the arrival of a foreign energy. Feeling as if being commanded by a greater entity, the Hiyu's gaze from behind the slits of his mask rose to meet the transmutation of the eyes of his master. Something was happening, something grand and Nobunaga had the honor of witnessing it. Instinctively, the Wold Operative knelt down onto his right knee, his heavy armor sending echoes of metal rubbing against metal as he did so. 

As no leader had ever done before, Xyxer would grant Nobunaga his one true wish, his only desire in this world. To be an aegis for those who required the behemoth's sword for protecting and his duty as the bedrock for their peaceful lives. His eyes were opened and made aware to the terms of the packs and his mission was made known. The chakra of the Leviathan coursed through his frame unimpeded, allowing the pact to be completed. 

The perfectly sculpted Hunter Operative made of hardened muscle would rise back to his full height in silence, gazing upon his leader with pride. The mission was understood, the consequences of failure accepted, the opportunity to become a shield for those in need and a sword for those who defied was welcomed. A curt bow was offered before the newly initiated shinobi of Kiri took his leave and left the goliath standing alone under his own monument. That man was going to leave his mark on the world, whether the Hiyu was a part of it or not was up to his performance on this task. "Max....." He thought. He knew that name well enough. 

EXIT

2080 words
1621 into Mastered Cloak, Learnt with words from here & here
459 into Lost Arts of Kiri
-4k ryo from Village Funds to purchase this
Kai
Kai
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 12000

Sat May 11, 2019 1:39 pm
Approved
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:46 pm
I'm back
1838 WC

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t40570p30-seasons-beatings-festival#328419
6700/8000 mastered cloak
18 AP
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum