Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Breakaway (exit)Today at 3:47 pmMegami KuogaSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen
Stat Page : Kasumi's Stats
Remove Puppetry Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 0

Splitting the Threads Empty Splitting the Threads

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 pm
Yumi sat on her bed with her back against the wall, in her room brainstorming ideas on what sort of puppet to make next.  She had already designed and constructed one, but was wanting another.  So far she was thinking about constructing a fox puppet, a wolf puppet, or a scorpion puppet.  The reason Yumi wanted to make a fox was because she thought they looked cute.  Salzem, the wandering ninja who permanently looked like a wolf, was the reason for wanting to create a wolf, and a scorpion because they were a scary sight to behold in the desert.  With all of her designs Yumi quickly realized she did not have enough hands to control them all.  

I wonder if there are bloodlines out there that cause another set of arms to sprout out from the body?  That would be pretty gross, but kinda handy, Yumi thought as she flipped between her designs.

Yumi sat her pencil down and decided that she needed to work on her puppeteering skills.  While it had been a couple weeks now since she completed her construction on her hawk puppet, she was still quite a novice at controlling it.  This did not sit well with the young kunoichi and so she threw her giant scroll over her shoulder and headed out the front door of her parent's dome house.  After waving to some of her fellow clan members who were going about their business within the Yoshinaga complex.  

The streets of Suna were crowded as usual and Yumi was excited to see spot a trade caravan on its way to the market district.  It made her smirk a little remembering the day she was trying to learn the Transformation Jutsu.  She distinctly remembered being quite mischievous that day.

Its tempting to try and get a cut from them, but I must pass today.  Today I must train with Hawks.

When Yumi arrived at the training grounds, the young kunoichi was surprised to see that it was quite full.  There were many ninjas training.  At the climbing wall there were young students trying to master the Surface Climbing Technique some genin were exchanging punches and kicks while practicing tiajutsu with each other.  Others still were at the target range practicing their throwing skills throwing kunai and shuriken at the slabs of tree stumps which had painted rings.  Luckily Yumi noticed the army of training dummies were not in use.  Yumi strolled on over to the closest one and sat her giant scroll on the ground.

After unrolling it out and willing her puppet out of the scroll, Hawks appeared on the ground in a puff of smoke.  Yoshi immediately attached her chakra threads to her puppet and began to wiggle her fingers.  Hawks creaked and clacked as it came to life.  Yoshi wiggled her fingers some more to make Hawks spread out its wings.  With a quick flick of the wrist, Yoshi launched her puppet into the sky.  As it gained altitude, Yoshi maneuvered her puppet so that that it traveled closer towards the training dummy on the end.  She was going to attack the training dummy on the end while attempting to attack the training dummy closest to her at the same time.  She had never attempted this before and wished to see what her limits were as far as her concentration was concerned.  Doing one thing at a time was mostly easy.  But could she multitask?  She was about to find out.  

Yumi brought her hand down and made Hawks tuck its wings in bringing it into a dive.  With her other hand she quickly pulled out her other scroll which was stored in a weapon's pouch.  After unwrapping it, the young genin willed the kunai that was stored and held one in her hand.  She stuck it out and began to poke at the training dummy.  Meanwhile Hawks was picking up speed.  He was falling very much like a rock.

Poke, glance up, poke again, glance up a second time.  Then Yumi side-stepped and poked the dummy again.  Every time she did so, the dummy would start to turn.  Its club-like arms began to twirl and if Yumi was not careful she would get clubbed by a padded club smack in the face.  Yumi wiggled her fingers and caused Hawks to open its bladed wings.  She raised her hand up and hoped she had timed it right.  But she did not.  Hawks swooped down from the sky but Yumi pulled him up too soon.  Yumi's bird missed the wooden training dummy by about a half meter.  

Her puppet could not just stop on a ryo so Yumi wiggled her fingers some more to make her puppet ascend back into the sky.  As Hawks gained altitude, Yumi continued to poke at the training dummy next to her, dodging and dipping whenever a padded club swung her way.  When Hawks was at the top of her range, Yumi manipulated its wings to cause it to dive for a second time.  This time, Yumi waited a few seconds later before making her bird pull up.  Its wings spread all the way out and slicked the training dummy's wooden head completely off from its body.  

Wow, Hawks has more cutting power than I thought.  I'm glad I'm in control.  Okay enough fooling around, more chakra threads must be added.

On the ground, lay her scroll which contained the other nine kunai.  Yumi willed the others out of it and tossed the one in her hand in the sand. She then extended five more chakra threads from her fingertips.  At this point she was at her max thread count.  Yumi took a couple steps back as her kunai bobbed up and down in the air in front of her.  She then wiggled her fingers to send them to attack the dummy she was poking at earlier.  With Hawks, she sent him back into the sky.   While the dummy Hawk attacked earlier was headless, the rest of the headless dummy was still intact.  Yumi sent him in a dive to descend upon the decapitated dummy.  Hawks slashed at its shoulder, lopping off half of its clubs.  As Hawks circled around, Yumi poked and stabbed at the closest dummy in a continuous barrage of pokes from her five tethered kunai.  Hawks slashed at the dummy again slicing at the dummy's other shoulder.  Its remaining club arms fell in a pitiful pile in he sand rendering the dummy useless.

I need more Yumi thought as she stood with an array of outstretched chakra threads.  I need to get stronger.  I cannot be dead weight.  Great puppet users can control several puppets at a time, while puppet masters have been known to control a single puppet with just the use of one thread.  I am no master, not yet.  But there must be a way.[/b]

Yumi noticed that her hair was coming undone in her ponytail, so she decided it was time for a break.  She needed to work on Hawk's landings anyway.  The young genin wiggled her fingers which caused her kunai to stick in the sand before releasing them from her threads.  Next her full attention was thrown towards Hawks which was now gliding on hot air currents.  Yumi began Hawks in a dive, very much like the dive she used him to attack with.  But instead of preforming a flyby attack, Yumi wiggled her fingers to cause Hawks to flap its wings.  Not enough to cause him to ascend again, but just enough to make him slow down.  Yumi outstretched his legs and opened his talons.  Clouds of dust began to form under the bird as it came closer to the sandy ground.  And when the sand and dust settled, Hawks was still standing.

"Woo hoo!" Yumi exclaimed excitedly.  "My smoothest landing yet!"

Yumi retracted her remaining chakra threads and pulled the ribbon out of her hair.  After scooping up all of her thick, brown hair in her hands she tied it back in her high ponytail.  But her hands were wet from sweat and pulled some loose hair out of her head.  Yumi was shedding.  At home, her hairbrush always managed to fill up with hair every time she brushed it at night.  Yumi wondered how she still had any hair remaining, but she had an endless supply.  Yumi raised up at her brown thread and looked at it.  Its end was split.  Then the young kunoichi's eyes widened as a thought came to mind.

This entire time ... I have thought of my chakra threads were like string, and that my fingers had miniature spinning wheels at the ends.  What if my chakra threads were not made of string?  What if they were made of hair instead.  Hair that had split ends?!

Yumi quickly discarded her split hair and tossed which was carried off by a gentle wind.  with her outstretched hands, Yumi reached out with her chakra threads attaching them to her puppet and to her kunai.  She was at her limit again.  

My threads are not string, they are hair.  When hair is brittle and weak, it splits.  I don't want weaker threads, but the idea is similar, right?  Come on, threads, do your splitting!

In her sparring match with Togi, Yumi had animated the training dummies to use as weapons.  Yumi remembered she needed two threads to properly work them.  She began by trying to split two of her threads that were attached to kunai.  But instead of splitting, her threads merely transferred to the wooden dummy.  Her kunai fell back to the ground, while the dummy started to creak and clack.  

Not what I had in mind.  Again!

Yumi concentrated very hard this time.  it felt as if her brain was splitting.  And as she tried to split her threads she could see them transferring themselves back to her kunai.  Yumi widened her eyes, and forced her will onto her threads.  For a moment, her two threads levitated in the air.  But a second after, both split in two attaching themselves to both the kunai and the dummy.  Yumi was in control of twelve threads!  

[b]"Ah, ha!  I did it!"
the young girl screamed.

Many ninja training in the grounds turned around to see just what the commotion was.  Yumi did not care.  While there were several eyes fixed on her, Yumi did not notice.  She was only concerned with one thing.  How many threads could she now make?

With two more threads, that were attached to kunai, she split them and attached them to another wooden training dummy.  She did this process until was in control of the entire group of dummies.  She had an army.  With Hawks in air and her kunai at her sides a sense of grandeur fell upon the young kunoichi.  This was something worth to show Togi and Ryu.  Perhaps now she would not be so far behind. 

But can I control them all at once?  I have so many training dummies! Yumi wondered as she looked at them all moving chaotically.

Yumi slowly uprooted them one by one.  As she did so they she could feel the strain on her control increase.  She was in control but the amount of threads was mind boggling. She was now in control of fifty-five chakra threads.  All twenty dummies, including the headless and armless one, were now creaking and clacking.  Her own puppet was fly flying over head, and her ten kunai bobbed up and down beside her.  

With this many puppets, perhaps I should work on maneuvers.  Yumi thought as she looked at her progress.

Yumi marched her dummies so that ten stood to her left and that ten stood to her right.  She then swooped Hawks down from the air and slashed at the air in front of her.  With her dummies she formed to conga lines.  She spun them like tops and placed them in circles.  She would form what looked like a 'meat grinder'. 

This could be a nasty attack, Yoshi thought as she spun the puppets around and a round.  

When she was satisfied with her progress she placed the wooden dummies back into their bases.  Her kunai were shoved back into their small scroll, while while Yumi landed Hawks and placed him inside his big scroll.  By now Yumi was incredibly thirst and had a hankering for some lemonade.  The young girl waved at the other ninja who were all standing idlely about as she left the grounds.

(WC = 2087, claiming Preformance of 100 Puppets, +10 Stats)
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Splitting the Threads Empty Re: Splitting the Threads

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Approved <3