Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
The Secrets of Death [P]Today at 6:52 pmAshbornA Quick BiteToday at 4:42 pmAmikiri GuhinA Search for PermissionToday at 4:16 pmShiro HyugaAssigned DutiesToday at 3:56 pmShiro HyugaA-TRAINToday at 3:11 pmAmikiri GuhinTeam training Today at 12:09 pmYouta ShinkouAnother day more minor MissionsToday at 12:00 pmTravin KaguyaA training sessionToday at 11:41 amYouta ShinkouThe Winter's BluesToday at 11:19 amMidori TerumiSaturn's Bank AccountToday at 4:40 amSaturn
Top posting users this month
67 Posts - 18%
65 Posts - 17%
57 Posts - 15%
38 Posts - 10%
38 Posts - 10%
36 Posts - 10%
20 Posts - 5%
19 Posts - 5%
18 Posts - 5%
16 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Mitako Raicho
Mitako Raicho
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8500

still needing a map for this big place! (Open, NK) - Page 3 Empty Re: still needing a map for this big place! (Open, NK)

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:23 pm
The whole thirty three flights of stairs, Hysterio gave Mitako his backstory. Mitako listened intently the whole time, and to his suprise, the other boy wasn't a Jounin. His backstory was certainly different than most ninjas, Mitako had never even though of a life where you could live based solely on your intelligence. Sure ninjas had to be smart, but they also needed good physical and spiritual skills. Should Hysterio be interested, Mitako would go into his too, but it would likely take him a fraction of the time. 

[Cut back to the present now]

Well, damnit, Mitako wanted to stay mad, be he imagine himself falling and let a small chuckle loose. After he finished brushing himself, Hysterio threw in some advice, and had a request it seemed. "I don't mind, it's not like it's my dirt or anything." So, it seemed Mitako needed to do smaller areas, instead of larger. Or... that's how he processed the advice Hysterio gave him. This time, he would put both hands on the ground, slowly pulling a small section of dirt in front of his chest. In diameter it was no larger than a human thigh. He actually managed to bring that one up. Woot. Now, he needed to move on, aiming for a faster or bigger effect. This time he would try to make one he could stand on. As the boy started trying to move the earth, he realized his mastery over the dirt wasn't really a mastery, as he could only control small portions at the moment. It would come in time though.

If it was chakra control he needed, as Hysterio had mentioned, then he would see if he could work on it by creating holes in the ground instead, at least then he wouldn't face plant into the ground again. Or, it was less likely. Refraining from going all out, (because he couldn't if he wanted to,) he decided on a one by one meter square, and he would go as deep as he could. Looking toward Hysterio, he would clap his hands together, "See ya in a minute!" He would then channel the chakra to ground below his feet, effectively sinking... a half of a meter. Knee deep in a square hole, he would feel rather embarrased as he intended to go deeper. "Uhh..." suddenly, the platform he was standing on would sink in another meter, sending the genin on an ungraceful, jerky, and slow descent until he hit the five meter mark. Now he was pretty deep, the top of the hole being roughly three times his height. The light came in through the top, so it wasn't too dark at least. "Hysterio! My friend! I'm afraid I've fallen and I can't get up!" His voice echoed slightly as it rang off the walls of the hole. His comment was in jest, as he would surely find a way to bring him self back up.

[490+323=813/2000]
Hysterio
Hysterio
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 13500

still needing a map for this big place! (Open, NK) - Page 3 Empty Re: still needing a map for this big place! (Open, NK)

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:28 pm
Hysterio did not mind at all listening to the other boy speak. Everyone had a story to tell and it would only be fair considering how long Hysterio himself has droned on and on to the other boy. The other boy had been decent enough to not make fun of Hysterio like others would have, and he had endured the entire monologue without complaint, so Hysterio said and felt that it would only be fair for him to listen to the other boy, it would be a long walk down the stairs anyway.

As the two of them walked down the stairs, Hysterio continued to flow wind natured elemental chakra into the substitute for a blade, his pencil. Hopefully it would not snap from him swinging it too hard. Bringing the pencil up in front of his eye he could see that the wind chakra was giving the pencil a thin white glow, a small aura surrounding the mostly wooden object. However, it did not have the sharp feeling that was described in the textbooks, something was not quite right with his rendition of it.

[cut to the present]

Hysterio was happy to hear he could test his idea out. “We can use this to see if you are using enough chakra for manipulating your earth I think. The jutsu I am practicing will strengthen my pencil, likewise, the jutsu you are practicing should give the dirt a certain strength. So if I do my jutsu properly I should be able to push through regular dirt, and only with difficulty, yours. If you do your jutsu properly… blahblahblah…” Hysterio droned on again, while happily trying to use his pencil to cut large lumps of dirt in half, not noticing Mitako making a rather large hole in the ground.

not including the parentheses stuff:
(total word count: 5397+294=5691
4000/4000 towards Wind element
1691 towards learning Wind Release: Chakra Blade

I think Moving Earth Core is a D rank, which would mean you need 1k I think, without my help)
Mitako Raicho
Mitako Raicho
Citizen

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:16 pm
[I dunno why, I guess I thought I read 2000 for some reason. Oh well~ just means I get to be a bit lazy. TT^TT I DONT GET TO TYPE MAH THOUSAND word post though. Oh.... little caps lock key. Why must you torture me so? Oh yea, I'll post my real post here in a bit. Like, I'mma stop typing now. For real.]
Mitako Raicho
Mitako Raicho
Citizen

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:25 am
"Well, I was originally meant to be a weapon smith with my parents. I'm pretty much the first ninja from my family." As they walked down the srairs, Mitako would follow behind Hysterio, noticing an interesting glow from his pencil. "I was born in Shimagakure, but my family moved here right after I was born. My parents weren't around much, and I was raised by my sister, so that why I don't aspire to make weapons I guess." The boy would be twirling a kunai as they made their descent. Did I forget to mention he was doing that in the last post? Whoops.

(Back to the future) 

Still in his hole, he would attempt to use the technique his friend had taught him to escape his demise. He was surely not meant to die in this earthen well. He came up with an idea, according to Hysterio, the clumps of dirt held a certain amount of strength. If he could make small pillars come out of the walls of this hole, he could climb his way out. This wold also tell him if he need to use more chakra when forming the pillars. Little Mitako stuck in the well would use his brain to send a signal to his arms, which would put themselves on the wall of the well. They knew better than to not listen. Anyway, he would start channeling chakra to the dirt so a small pillar would come out of it. The pillar was horizontal so he could step up it. Luckily for him, it held. Now he just need to do it about thirty times. 

[813+271=1084 Toward Moving Earth Core Jutsu
84 towards whatever comes next.]
Hysterio
Hysterio
Citizen

still needing a map for this big place! (Open, NK) - Page 3 Empty .

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:05 pm
A Weapon Smith? Cool! Hysterio would pepper the other boy with questions all the way down the stairs, until the other boy mentioned where outside they might train.
(back in the present)
Hysterio happily swung his pencil, the pencil now positively glowing with a large amount of white coloured chakra that coalesced into a blade shape around it. It seemed he had made reasonable progress at learning this jutsu. Awesome. With practice the pencil might be able to chop trees in hald, but for now it was at least able to chop large twigs and the remaining lumps of dirt the other boy had raised up, in half, rather cleanly. Cool! Hysterio looked up to tell his friend of his progress but…
Hysterio finally noticed his friend was nowhere to be seen, the nearby hole where his friend had stood being one likely spot. He ran over, and peered inside, seeing his friend attempting to climb out of the bottom.
Oh, my. “I hope that didn’t hurt.” Hysterio called out. He saw the other boy attempt to clamber his way up but it was going to be tough. “Hey, there is a jutsu I heard about the other day that you might find helpful. Unfortunately I know very little about it, I can only tell you vague details about it, but if you have learned the “Moving Earth Core jutsu it should not be too hard. It is the Hiding Like A Mole technique. Like you might have guessed, the user somehow uses the dirt and is able to travel through the ground, probably by flowing their chakra into the surrounding dirt, scooping, and pulling behind them, similar to swimming perhaps.”

(total word count: 5691+277=5968
1968 towards learning Wind Release: Chakra Blade
Also, I think moving earth core only works for vertical motion, not lateral. Hiding Like A Mole seems like a helpful jutsu to learn, at least, that I think. It lets you do some sensory I think while you are down there. It is 2k to learn, so plenty of room for a 1k post in which you take my advice and try digging your way out, but get confused or lost, and end up somewhere else, and eventually dig your way back all within a short time (that’s just a thought, you don’t have to do it that specific way)- http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t23016-v6-hiding-like-a-mole-technique?highlight=hiding+like+a+mole

Also, it might help your accounting, if you copy/paste the wcs you are putting towards other things and continually update the relevant ones, otherwise you might forget one of them
Mitako Raicho
Mitako Raicho
Citizen

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:45 am
Something rather strange happened, the pillar Mitako was standing on crumbled apart. Of course gravity took its toll, so the boy would land on his ass in the little hole he made. Then Hysterio suggested a different way of getting out. Utilizing his chakra he should be able to dig his way out like a mole. "That sounds strange, friend. However, so far everything you've said has worked!" Moles were good at digging, so it made sense, and besides this would be easy right? The boy put cocked his arm back like he was about to punch something, but his hand was open and stiff. He would channel Chakra through it momentarily before slamming it into the dirt in front of him. Now, in his brain, the dirt should've moved around his hand, allowing him to move through it. In reality, he just jammed his fingers into a hard wall of dirt, effectively spraining them. His second attempt was still met with failure, as he thought that he would be able to move himself using just his chakra.

Now, while he sat in his hole and thought about what he had done, he began thinking a bit more logically. If the technique was called the hiding like a mole technique, maybe he needed to mimic the motions of mole. He started by thinking about how moles dug downward with their front paws, pushing the dirt back to their back paws. He would mimic this by using his hands to start breaking up the ground underneath him. This seemed to be working, as he hadn't hurt himself yet,and he was moving. It was slow, or at least it seemed slow. He got to his waist in the dirt, and start pulling himself downward even more. This was something completely new to Mitako, and he couldn't tell where he was going, if he was doing good, or if he was even doing the right technique. That last one was a bit unlikely, but still. He started digging a little faster to get things going. The boy probably dug his way down twenty meters before he realized he was supposed to go up. Here's where moles held an advantage, he couldn't see in the dark and was a bit disoriented. 

He tried going up, and he did, unknowingly at angle that would put him a good distance away frim his desired location. As he was digging, he noticed he could sense things with his chakra, and he could sense some sort of movement about fifteen meters above and in front of him. He expected it to be Hysterio, and maybe another friend, because he sensed more than one person. As he made his way to them, he would decide to make an entrance. Once he got below and between them, he shoot his head up out of the ground. 

The idiot appeared to have made a mistake, as the two people he had intruded upon were not any of his friends, but were instead a couple displaying their affection publicly. His face turned a shade of red unseen by the human eye as he lowered himself back into the ground. Now he was lost, and he would have to find his way back. Oh I just love misadventures! He decided to go to the left this time, hopefully putting him back at the training ground. He went on and on, digging his way through the dirt as fast as he could. He could sense a few more people, and they seemed to be training, as there was a lot of movement. He poked his head out to check if he was close or not. His eyes were graced with the site of three shinobi, who were all from Tengakure. One of which was his teammate Jason, the other two he was unsure of. He would duck back down before he was noticed. Unfortunately he was even farther away then he was before, being in the plains. Fortunately however, he at least had a bearing on where he was, which way to go, and how long it would take. Facing the general direction of the training ground, he would take off again. Since it had taken him a solid thirty minutes to get to his current location, it would take roughly twenty five minutes to get back. He hoped Hysterio would still be there when he finally returned.
[2000/2000 for earth element
1000/1000 for moving earth core
741+84=825/2000 for le mole technique
I know he didn't quite perform it right (whereas he is digging, instead of pushing himself with the dirt), I intend to have him fix it later. I'm thinking of doing the thousand word post on the next one, and I'm either gonna fail miserably or sort of get it right.]
Hysterio
Hysterio
Citizen

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 pm
(what I suggested was just an idea for a way for you to get a lot of words in, you dont have to stick with what i suggest! XD )
Hysterio watched the other boy attempting the technique and it seemed to come relatively naturally to him, after a few tries the other boy was able to start digging. Hysterio walked to the other side fo the hole when the other boy did not surface soon after, and called his name. At this time however, Mitako would be far too far away to hear Hysterio over the sound of digging. Hysterio tried to look into the hole Mitako made from digging without actually climbing into the first one he had made trying to do the Moving Earth Core jutsu, but could not see anything. Perhaps the other boy was doing ok then, if there were no blood curdling screams.

Quite possibly, the other boy had gone the wrong way underground, as it was kind of dark in there, so he might be back later. Hysterio was not inclined to leave just yet, as he kind of liked the other boy and the effort he put into learning stuff, so Hysterio stuck around, practicing the Wind Release: Chakra Blade jutsu. Eventually he got tired of it, the jutsu being sufficiently trained in his opinion. Now to try the other jutsu he had been thinking of learning at the moment, the Gale Palm technique.

He began thinking over the technique as he stood there, pencil in hand and still glowing with a faint hum from the chakra. It seemed the Gale Palm technique consisted of the user clapping ones hands, and then using the wind generated to increase the speed of thrown objects, or just as a general blast. Hmm… Hysterio clapped his hands but even when applying wind chakra there was not much effect. Admittedly the wind chakra had a bigger reaction but it still did not seem nearly enough to be useful. Thinking back over the jutsu description, he tried to remember what else the jutsu might have required or needed to function. He scrolled through what he could remember of the pages he read, and remembered that the user had to amplify the wind, instead of just blindly clapping his hands and expecting a miracle.

He tried again, this time generating a lot of wind chakra as he brought his hands together, attempting to compress the air with his chakra, which he also tried to infuse into the air, before surging extra chakra to reinforce the weak explosion that occurred shortly afterwards, launching it outwards.

(total word count: 5968+406=6374
2000/2000 towards learning Wind Release: Chakra Blade
374/2000 towards learning Wind Release: Gale Palm)
Mitako Raicho
Mitako Raicho
Citizen

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:27 pm
(Yea, but you suggested a good idea! Now, dun make do stuff. Like what you ask? I don't. Even. Know. But srsly thx 4 da idea. (Guh... I disgusted my self with that. Excuse my ramblings.))

Now, he had slowly begun to realize a better way to do this. His hands had begun to hurt with all the "intense" digging going on, and he found that he could sort of push himself with the dirt. Almost like he was floating in a river, just letting the current guide him. Only in this situation, the water was dirt and whatever was mixed in with the dirt. Which could be gross if you thought about it hard enough. Like... really disgusting actually. Kind of like ghetto grammar and breaking character! Now, I said he could just let the current guide him, but he still used his hands for show. To whom he was showing off to? Well, silly, the audience of course!

As all of those disgusting thoughts ran through his mind he decided to check where he was. It turned out, that he wasn't too far from the publicly affectionate couple. Or rather, where they were, as they had left by now. He knew the way back to the training ground from here so he had two options: risk another misadventure, or get out and walk the rest of the way ensuring his arrival. As much as he loved misadventures, he decided to just walk back. After all, what would if he ran into a race of bottom dwelling mole people? They'd eat him alive, that's goddamn what. (Pardon my french)

So as he walked, he realized he was wore out, yet he walked with a new found energy. His arms dangling slightly less than usual, his posture much. He would be a little red faced, but that was covered by the mud and filth, much like his clothes. He was much closer to the training grounds than he thought. As he neared the edge he would give Hysterio a quick shout and a wave, "I think it works!" Normally he wouldn't do that given the amount of people present. He still needed a bit more practice, but he had the basics down. 

[2000/2000 for earth element
1000/1000 for moving earth core
372+825=1197/2000 for hiding like a mole
I've made a new goal. Make my posts gradually longer, until the majority are around a thousand. Right now, and for the next week, I'm aiming at or around 400. Next week 500 and so on.]
Hysterio
Hysterio
Citizen

still needing a map for this big place! (Open, NK) - Page 3 Empty .

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:59 pm
Hysterio continued to try to create a concentrated blast of wind, capable of pushing an object at a faster speed. He decided to start small, so that he could measure his progress in a more quantifiable way. He walked in front of a small tree. Holding his arms straight, his hands parallel to the ground, he clapped his hands, attempting to use his wind natured chakra to reinforce the two colliding waves of air, trying to force them out in one direction towards the small tree. He continued pushing with his wind element chakra attempting to direct the flow and reinforce the, well, force, of the wind gust he had just created. Unfortunately, he had not managed to make it work out and the tree did not show any signs of movement. Not one leaf moved. The taijutsu who landed on the ground next to Hysterio and then abruptly took off again left a wake of falling leaves tumbling to the ground.

Hysterio, needless to say though said anyway to better describe his training, was not at all happy. Infuriated at the difference in effectiveness between the taijutsu user, who was not even trying to make gusts of wind, and himself, he clapped violently, his chakra gushing forth through his hands, and colliding together in a great wave. The air blew outwards from his hands, in all directions, not only blowing some of the remaining leaves off of the tree despite a distance of at least 20 feet, but also knocking Hysterio off his feet.

He rolled backwards head over heels. His pencil and glasses were left behind on the ground, the pencil slipping out of his pocket and the glasses falling off of his head. He only realized this after he had landed in the pit that Mitako had first made during his own jutsu training. Dazed, he stayed there, lying on the ground. This was when he belatedly realized that the glasses were left on the ground somewhere, having fallen off of his head, the pencil was not sticking into his side either like it should have been so it was obviously left behind somewhere as well. Oh boy. He let his head rest against the earth wall, allowing him to see into the remains of the hole Mitako had left behind. He could not see any actual hole after the first foot. He groaned. Did Mitako happen to get buried under there? If he was smart and he got stuck he would just raise the ground under him so that it would be easier to move the rest of the ground trapping him, but who knows whether Mitako had thought of that or not, or whether he had suffocated or been stunned first. Great.

He was spurred into action, ready to save his friend who unbeknownst to him was fine despite the protracted amount of time underground. He used his chakra to help him grip onto the side of the dirt walls, using his hands and shoe clad feet to scramble to the top of the hole, from which he espied the pencil of his. Grabbing the pencil and forgetting about the glasses which he nearly stepped on in his haste, he took the pencil and dived back into the hole. Landing on the bottom and rolling, he came to a stop. His position was a little awkward. His head was looking down at the ground, his arms in front of him stretched out on the ground. His legs were sprawled up the side of the hole. He groaned, rather displeased with his situation. He slowly pulled his hands closer to his body, shifting so that his palms were flat against the ground. He then pushed up with every ounce of strength in his body. Unfortunately this was more difficult than it would normally be due to the difficult situation and orientation his body was in. He pushed up as hard as he could, using his feet to try and help pull himself up with the muscles on his shin. Ascension was slow and difficult but he eventually managed to push himself into a full handstand. His arms trembling, he supported himself briefly before rolling forwards onto his back and then onto his feet again.

He took a moment to make sure he had not broken anything, that his limbs were still functional. That took a moment for him to confirm that there were no injuries on his part. Then he checked his pencil, which was fine as well. He ran wind chakra along the pencil and stabbed it into the ground, the pencil carving large gashes into the earth. He hurriedly cut into the dirt but was unable to find any trace of churned dirt that would have resulted from the other boy digging. Puzzled, he paused, several feet underground already. He should have seen traces of the other boy by now. If not, then the other boy was either much farther underground and specialized tracking units would be required to find the body. That or Mitako was just fine, he was over thinking things, and the other boy was just fine, having dug his way off to somewhere else.

He thought over the two options for a while and concluded that the latter was far more likely. Berating himself for his foolishness in diving headlong into a fruitless endeavor, Hysterio stuck the pencil into the wall while reinforcing it with wind chakra, clambering up a second time. He scrambled his way to the top and flopped to the ground, tired out from all the energy spent scrambling around and from making so much wind chakra. He sat for a while, recovering his energy. The sky was a nice shade of blue.

He woke up suddenly, the sun having shifted a little in the sky. He sat up and everything came back to him. Right. Was Mitako to be seen anywhere? He sat up and looked around, and, seeing his glasses on the ground, picked them up, cleaned them on his shirt, and put them back on his face. They were not scratched which was fortunate. Dusting himself off, he got to his feet and resumed his training. The unintended nap had proven rather helpful as his body felt revitalized.

He clapped his hands and attempted to strengthen the gusts of wind with his wind chakra. Perhaps because of his brief nap, his chakra flowed much easier and he was able to blow the leaves off of one fo the small trees. Cool.

He heard the sound of someone approaching, and he turned, curious to see if the other person would be  Mitako or not.

(total word count: 6374+1109=7483
2000/2000 towards learning Wind Release: Chakra Blade
1483/2000 towards learning Wind Release: Gale Palm)
Mitako Raicho
Mitako Raicho
Citizen

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:40 pm
Mitako had an interesting journey. He managed to intrude upon an overly affectionate couple, found his teammate training in the plains, and somewhat learned a new technique. His appearance proved his "hard" work, as he was covered in dirt and mud. His finger nails were blackened, his clothes were stained and smudged. He began to think of a better way to do the technique, rather than actually dig while using chakra to move. Anywho, his friend Hysterio seemed less alert than usual, or maybe he just didn't hear him. As the boy walked closer, he would call out again, "Hey! Are you alright?" Mitako would continue to walk forward, and depending upon his friends response, he would react accordingly. In any case, he would inform Hysterio that he managed to get himself lost since he couldn't quite maneuver around in the dirt yet. "I found myself all the way across the village, it's a bit tricky to do." 

Unless Hysterio had anything to say, Mitako would take a few steps back, so he could have some space. He began to use his brain a bit, and came up with an idea: if the moving earth core used chakra to move the dirt, he could potentially use it to move himself through the dirt. Rather than using chakra to dig faster. He started the technique using this plan, and began to sink into the ground, rather than have to force his way through it. It also seemed like it was easier to tell which was up and which way was down, as he could pretty much love in any direction he wanted. This way seemed like it would be cleaner to, sparing him contact from most of the earth. He didn't stay under long this time, emerging to try and go through a pillar made using the moving earth core. The noob clapped his hands together and touchef them to the earth below, causing him to rise roughly six meters. He would then attempt the hiding like a mole technique. The earth he tried to burrow into now held a significant amount of resistance, as if it didn't want to bend with the chakra again. He would force his way to the bottom of the pillar, where he would emerge. 

[389+1197=1586/2000
If the post seems a bit ungrammatical, school has broken my confidence, and Dark Souls my spirit. I apologize.]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum