Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Team 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaFar Away Yesterday at 10:02 pmAmikiri GuhinGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:32 pmAmikiri Guhin
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Chokoku-Ji Kamizuru
Chokoku-Ji Kamizuru
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Link
Mission Record : Link
Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 20750

[Mission.03] Travelling Scamsmen.  Empty [Mission.03] Travelling Scamsmen.

Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:19 pm
Mission

Mission 03 - That’s not snake oil!

Midday, the sun shines above the bustling city of Konoha, it's loud nearly everywhere you go, frustratingly so. There was no peace here. As soon as the morning sun rose people were up, the night life was decent enough too. Not only were the commoners and civilians busy with their life’s, Konoha Ninja from all walks of life were busy doing their part too, training exciting techniques and skills. Cho hoped that once he had passed the Academy that he too would become one of those. He had a long way to go, and even longer to wait.

This mission, written eloquently on a scroll ready for his purview was something he considered more suited for his skills set, apparently someone had started to effect the local market, selling obviously counterfeit goods. His personal opinion, ofcourse, questioned the stupidity of these who would fall for such parlour tricks. If something worked as well as this was marketers, why was it so cheap and why would it be sold at a market like this. Cho laughed to himself as he made his way to the market, people buy into the illusion - and the illusion is always there. For many the illusion of wealth and prosperity was the next best thing.

By time he had made it to the market, cloud cover had decorated and darkened the surrounding stalls, rain clouds betrayed an upcoming storm, an ambush that no-one enjoyed. Others had noticed, some had cleared out and returned home and some simply pulled up there hoods ready. One however, was an old man in the corner, one that fit the ‘bill’ of the typical person who would get caught up in this kind of scam. ”Ah shit. That’s just sad”

Cho seemed upset by the revelation. The old man wasn’t just old, he was legendary. Practically a fossil from the neck down. ”Hi - I’m from the Konoha Academy. Here to help you.” he introduced himself. The old man raised one eye, the rest of his strength being used to keep him standing up. He smelled like mothballs, the scars over his visable skin however made him appear to be a veteran, or atleast a hard worker.

”Are you the Academy student!!” the man bellowed, his gravelly voice booming over what he would have expected to be a gentle and aged man. Cho nodded, starting to introduce himself. But the old man shouted louder, asking him to repeat himself as he was hard as hearing.

”No shit, I can hardly hear my own voice shouting so loud” he began under his breath, the old man couldn’t hear that surely. ”Yes! My names Chokoku-Ji sir.” he formally introduced himself, the old man immediately interrupted him.

”That gangly asshole travelling merchant scammmed me! Elixir of life, return the love to my bones! Stop my knees cracking like a creaky door! I tell you what, I’m a retired Genin! I’ve earnt this retirement! And what do I get!? This piss-water!” the old man began and didn’t stop, not letting Cho interrupt or get a word in. Perhaps he just wanted to be heard, or perhaps he had no time for the younger generation. He just wanted things to be right.

”Sir, I’ve got this - can you point me in the direction of the merchant?” Cho asked calmly, though chuckling at the nouns that the retiree had used to describe the travelling scamsmen. The two of them discussed particular’s, before Cho was sent on his way. He expected the old man to turn and leave, instead he stood still and just stared at Cho until he left. He turned his back to spot, and the old man was still there. Keeping one beady and stoney eye on the academy student. Cho could hear him bellowing words of mild encouragement and probably daydreaming about the good old days.

The travelling merchant wasn’t hard to find, he was surrounded by a group of potential customers. Some were smart enough to dismiss the, what did the old man call it? Pisswater, for exactly what it was. Water and food colouring. But others, more naive natives were quick to raise there hand and become the next in the long line of immortal beings on the planet. The more he thought about it, the more unlikely it all seemed. There was one thing for sure, scammers were well versed in getting people to believe what they wanted them to see - confronting this man, infront of others, was not going to go the way he planned. ”I’ll wait until your leaving, that’s the best way.”

Hours passed, many did not purchase the bullshit, but those who did spent more money than he would make in a month. Perhaps in some ways they deserved this misfortune. Truly it wasn’t his place to decide. So when the merchant packed up and made his way out towards the village gate, ready to move on his scam before he was caught up on, Cho made his move, an exaggerated fall infront of the carriage and an almost cry for help.

”Ahh my leg! It hurts, I think you ran it over with the wheel! ” he called out, the carriage suddenly stopped. The merchant dropped down, not out of concern for Cho’s wellbeing but the immediate loss of profits over time. Now he’d miss the deadline for getting out, Cho could see the man curse under his breath.

”Ugh! You little- now I’m not going to get out of the vil-“ the merchant began, though before he could start he had been grabbed by the collar and thrown to the side of the carriage he was just on. He went to open his mouth, but Cho shook his head.

”Hey wer’re cool here right, no concerns. Nothing to worry about. Just your little scam. I’d hate to think we’d have to get the local police involved right? Dont suppose you even have a warrant to sell here? Care to share?” Cho bluffed, by time the police would get here the man would be long gone. Nor was a warrant required as far as he was aware, but the fear tactic worked. The man shook his head, apologetic for his behavior. ”You know, there’s far better ways to spend your time,deliver goods to the remote villages, spend some time volunteering. And r perhaps caring for the elderly?” Cho added to the end, purposely looking vaguely into the distance.

”I suppose I will see you tomorrow, in the market refunding people for your ‘bad batch’ and helping the community? Hmm?” Cho gripped harder onto the collar, its width would start to constrict around the merchants neck, lightly, but enough to remind him of its presence. The merchant complied immediately, turning his wagon around, apologising between each sentence. A mission nicely done. But Cho would go back the next day to ensure the man was there, “if your gunna do a job. Do it properly” he would always say.

-End-

Mission Complete
1000 Ryo
5 AP
WC: 1164
[E] Genjutsu Release [250/250]
[E] Mind Read [250/250]
[E] Fear Pull [250/250]
[E] Hangover Cure [250/250]
[D] Healing Hands [105/500] + 164 = [169/500]  Link: https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t57738-mission-02-shoes-sandals-and-heels

+ 3 Speed
+ 5 Vigor
+ 3 Chakra
Himari Hyuuga
Himari Hyuuga
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stats' Link

Health: 300
AP: 1,250
Vigor: 25
Chakra: 100
Speed: 150
Strength: 25
Mission Record : Mission Log
Summoning Contract : Slugs of Shikkotsu Forest
Salamanders of Rain Country
Living Clones : Hisaki
Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 105700

[Mission.03] Travelling Scamsmen.  Empty Re: [Mission.03] Travelling Scamsmen.

Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:18 pm
Chokoku-Ji Kamizuru wrote:
-End-

Mission Complete
1000 Ryo
5 AP
WC: 1164
[E] Genjutsu Release [250/250]
[E] Mind Read [250/250]
[E] Fear Pull [250/250]
[E] Hangover Cure [250/250]
[D] Healing Hands [105/500] + 164 = [169/500]  Link: https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t57738-mission-02-shoes-sandals-and-heels

+ 3 Speed
+ 5 Vigor
+ 3 Chakra

Approved!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum