Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Silver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 4:14 amKiko TsukikoMerchant MonsterToday at 1:51 amHebiishi OrochiAqueous Transmission Today at 12:14 amKayori HatakeLife is a HighwayYesterday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Yesterday at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Yesterday at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionYesterday at 1:41 amKayori Hatake
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Marabelle Blossom
Marabelle Blossom
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Stat Page : The Everbloom
Mission Record : Misson Log: Everbloom
Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Kanjutsu Default
Remove Earth Water Lightning Remove Default
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 2500

Meeting the Stars Empty Meeting the Stars

Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:15 pm
Marabelle wandered the village upon entry. There was much to explore and investigate in a village this large and it was something that she knew was going to take a bit of time. As much as she would have loved to have stopped at a cafe of some variety, it would do her no good if she did not explore and see what options were present. Eventually, the Everbloom found her way to the fountain in the center of the City Square. Sitting at a conveniently placed bench nearby, she decided it was best for her to rest her legs and relax in the meantime while she got her bearings. She wanted to request access to undertake missions within the village as soon as she could but she knew that her approach in Otogakure of being found by one of the leaders and brought to the kage themselves was unlikely to happen.

With that in mind, there was much to figure out and learn with regard to the area. There was a village that was destroyed, disbanded, and desolate though people remained in the land nearby. That was were her sights were set but the blessing of the shinobi village nearby and warning of intent was something she wanted to make clear and aware of. It would almost act like a buffer to the village in some capacity while also bringing attention. It was a fickle conundrum for people to sort out but the average genin would at least give her some insight into the village and its people. Marabelle was a fast learner and someone who took pride in being respectable, her hopes would be to find others of similar interest and mindset at minimum. She was unsure who she would run into and that was fine by her.

WC: 300, TWC: 300
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : The Pearl of the Angels

Health: 300
AP: 1,884
Vigor: 150
Chakra: 100
Speed: 45
Strength: 5
Mission Record : Mission Log
Familiar : Ninjiro, The Big-bellied Bake-danuki
Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Earth Water Remove Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Space-Time
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 10000

Meeting the Stars Empty Re: Meeting the Stars

Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:45 am
The City Square appears especially busy today. Many people are gathered here, which is no surprise considering how many shops, markets, restaurants, places of worship, and forms of entertainment can be found here. The square is surrounded by tall buildings that cast their shadows on the ground below. The sun is high in the sky and it's a warm day. There's not even the slightest breeze blowing. Amidst the languid wave of bodies, there stands a young, swarthy woman by one of the room-sized stores north-northeast where the wanderer rests, engaging in a dialogue with the vendor at length.

The woman has a supple physique followed by platinum blonde space buns and a tousled quiff with gold highlights, a pair of golden eyes with black eyeliners and high-shine lip gloss, and an inscrutable facial expression all accompanied by a dark complexion. Her attire typically consists of a burgundy, criss-cross back, corduroy, overall dress with an off-white sweater underneath, a pair of low-heel stiletto booties, a pair of black spats, a silver, cross-shaped necklace that rests on her bosom, a small, white engraving of her clan symbol displays itself beneath the torso of the burgundy overalls, and her village forehead protector wraps around her hips facing forward.

Those within earshot of the conversation taking place—whether they bother to heed its contents or not—bear witness to possibly one of the least exciting things life has to offer for the average villager: business. Although an integral part of any functioning society, it is certainly not something that many would find interesting enough to listen in on unless they have some vested interest in the matter. The aforementioned blondie is currently in the middle of negotiating the price of a peculiar with the vendor. She seems to be having some trouble getting them down to a reasonable amount, but she is determined to get what she wants out of this transaction.

"You're not making any sense," Jurei complains, pinching the bridge of her. "You mean to tell me that the Tokoname teapot set that we bid 250,000 Ryo for somehow ended up being valued at only 150,000? That's a 40% decrease in value! I don't care if it's an antique or not—that's just ridiculous!"

The vendor, who is clearly flustered by her accusations, tries his best to calm her down before things get ugly. "Look, miss, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding, but I can assure you that we had no idea about the teapot's true worth until after the auction was over. We were just as surprised as you were when we found out that it was worth so much more than what we paid for it. But unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it now—the deal has already been finalized and the money has been transferred to our account."

Jurei lets out a frustrated sigh, clicking her tongue in the process. She knows that the vendor is right—there's no point in trying to change anything at this point—but she still can't help but feel cheated by the whole situation.

"Bloody hell..." She mutters. "Fine, so long as you get it to where it needs to go, I guess that's all that matters. Just make sure that it gets there in one piece, alright? And no funny business!"

The vendor nods frantically, eager to please his customer. "Yes ma'am, of course! You have my word!"

Jurei gives him one final glare before turning on her heel and walking away, leaving him alone to deal with the aftermath of their conversation. Her mind races over how she'll break the news to her father and mother over dinner later tonight, she finds herself wondering if there's anything else she can do to salvage this situation. She could always try to get a refund from the auction house, but that would be a long and arduous process—not to mention expensive—and it probably wouldn't even work in the end anyway. She could also try to find some other buyer for the teapot set, but again, that would take too much effort on her part and it's unlikely that she'd be able to find someone who would pay as much as they originally did for it. In the end, it seems like all she can do is accept defeat and move on with her life.

As Jurei wades through a sea of people, without heeding much to her surroundings except what's immediately within her bubble, she slumps on the bench near the fountain in the City Square by the aforementioned wanderer and, with both hands, rubs at the sides of her temples to soothe herself from the stress that had built up over the course of the day: first, there was the issue with her father's business dealings; then, there was the matter of her mother's upcoming charity ball; and now, this whole ordeal with the teapot set. It feels like one thing after another lately and it's starting to get to her.

"Eugh..." She groans. "What a waste of time... I should've known better than to trust those damn auctioneers."

WC: 845
TWC: 845

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jurei Ryoinsatsu on Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Avarice Capital to post)
Marabelle Blossom
Marabelle Blossom
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:58 pm
Marabelle listened to the sound of the village and thankfully due to her time in Otogakure, was able to pick up on some more interesting facts. Someone's cat just had a litter, a son just hit his first bullseye, and some woman lost 100,000 Ryo in value based on a bad bid. The last of these things caught her interest as financially she was doing well but with plans to be made, an investor within the village with that amount of money would be appreciated. However, considering they just lost big, a 40% difference in the tag price versus the actual value was not something to snuff at lightly. Marabelle turned to look towards the woman in question who seemed to be distraught over the whole situation. Likely more had gone wrong and this might have been the teapot to break the back, or at least break the bank. She looked over the individual who appeared to be approximately a full foot taller than herself. She grimaced lightly at her unfortunate luck for her own physical attributes. She assessed her own assets and sighed before adjusting herself to ease her back.

It was at this time, Marabelle decided to turn her attention towards Jurei. "Hello, you seem to be a bit stressed out," the Everbloom spoke up towards the woman. Sitting about a head's worth shorter than her, Marabelle waved lightly and smiled at the girl who was down on her luck for the day. There was not much else she could do, "Would you like some tea? I'm new and just arrived and normally I find a café or tea shop to enjoy a cup wherever I end up. On me since it seems like you are reaching your wit's end." She continued gesturing to the city square of Hoshigakure which was bustling that day. She sat there awaiting to hear the response from the woman before making any more motions or anything that might be considered potentially offensive.

WC: 330, TWC: 630
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Genin
Genin

Ninjutsu Remove Default

Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:56 pm
Jurei looked down at her with a raised eyebrow. She had been in this situation before, where someone offered to buy her something because they thought she needed it. But this time, Jurei didn't feel offended by it. This person seemed genuine enough, and she did need a break.

"Oh, uhm... sure," Jurei remarks with a languid nod. "I don't know what kind of tea they have here, but I'm sure I can find something..." She trails off for a second before shaking her head and weakly smiling at Marabelle. "My name is Ryoinsatsu Jurei, it's a pleasure to meet you. And sure," Jurei says with a weary smile. "Actually, I know just the place. I can lead you there and anywhere else you're curious to know or show, too, if it'll help me forget about everything." She murmurs the last clause as she rises from the bench and raises her hands above her head, feeling her ligaments pop in all the right joints before she adjusts her clothing. "Ah, and please, you don't owe me anything, even as a gesture of goodwill. It'd be improper of me to accept such an offer, otherwise. This way."

She gestures with an open palm in an arc from behind to in front of herself, striding toward the down and past the busy-bodies of the village denizens to a small café on the outskirts of the square, the billboard above reading, "暁星" (ぎょうせい, lit. "The Morning Star"). The café itself is a small building with two floors and a balcony on top that overlooks the village square. It's painted in dark reds and browns with white trimming along the windows and doors. A few tables are set up outside with umbrellas for shade and a few chairs for those who wish to sit outside.

Jurei slides open the door and steps inside, holding the door open for Marabelle until she walks through to let gravity handle the rest. Inside, the smell of coffee and baked goods wafts through the air. She makes her way to the counter, orders a cup of green tea for herself, and allows Marabelle to order her in, responding to whatever queries she may have to any foreign beverages she may not be accustomed to. After Jurei pays their dues, she takes a seat at one of the tables outside while they wait for their orders to arrive. The aforementioned table grants them an unobstructed view of the square in all its organic beauty.

"So, you're new to Hoshigakure? Where did you come from?" Jurei asks, leaning back in her chair, crossing her legs, and resting her hands on her lap.

WC: 442
TWC: 1,287
Marabelle Blossom
Marabelle Blossom
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:29 pm
Ambience:

Marabelle nods returning the weak smile with a warm one, "Blossom. Marabelle Blossom." She offered to Jurei before offered a distinct location to find themselves a cup. Although thinking about it now, Marabelle scratched the back of her head before considering apologizing but felt it was best saved till they arrived at the aforementioned destination. Standing up to follow the Hoshigakuran to the café, Marabelle noted her physique and thought to herself before they arrived at their destination, the movements Jurei was making brought some degree of concern if there was physical discomfort of some kind beyond that of general lankiness. Putting that thought for later, Marabelle noted her chakra reserves as compared to hears. With her chakra insight, she could thankfully determine if there was any ailment afflicting the woman.

Upon seeing the sign for "暁星" (ぎょうせい, lit. "The Morning Star"), the Everbloom closed her eyes upon entry and smelled the aromas within the café. The mixture of smells matched the aesthetic the café aimed for with earthly aromas alongside rich and vibrant notes matching the color palette choice alongside a lighter note to accent the bouquet of fragrances. Once she was able to order, Marabelle assessed the menu and opted for an herbal tea with the primary base of sage. In a new setting, comfort was a priority to the kunoichi as she turned to see Jurei venture back outside of the storefront taking a seat at one of the patio tables outside, allowing for enjoyment of the scenery of the City Square. Through all these motions, nothing about Marabelle's actions seemed to deposit her as someone out of her element even though she indicated she was a foreigner.

Once settled and awaiting their orders, the first question was popped onto the guest. "Indeed, just arrived earlier today in the morning. I'm originally from Bean Jam Country though I traveled here, to the Land of Haven, from the Land of Sky." The Everbloom expanded on the question adding additional details for the Ryoinstatsu shinobi. It was at this time she scratched the back of her head with a wide smile, her eyes closed with a light laugh to her next statement, "Apologies for proposing a tea shop. I don't mind to be inconsiderate of your situation that I overheard. Rather unfortunate circumstances from what I can tell." She said before bowing her head lightly at the end of her remarks. There was much to be concerned about in the world but it was nice to see that some woes were simply finances. Finances being a concern over other impending issues was a relief to hear that Hoshigakurans were able to face such issues instead of other concerns on the surface level.

Acutely aware of the predicaments of shinobis however posed that even if people faced or were to have to encounter such pains, the shinobi force of Hoshigakure likely handles and deals with the issues swiftly and efficiently. From that thought, another one was born that led to more questions likely to come from it, "Out of curiosity, if you cannot answer it is alright, does Hoshigakure face any issues or woes of wandering shinobi within the neighboring lands?" With the thoughts of what she wanted to accomplish within the nearby land, it would be good to see if, from the eyes of normal everyday shinobi, there was awareness of such issues or not. It would likely need to be answered later down the road upon her attempt to be granted access to missions, but if she could gain insight from this it would be helpful for later.

WC: 600, TWC: 1,230
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Genin
Genin

Ninjutsu Remove Default

Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:45 pm
Jurei's hands slide from her lap to the knee that rests above the one below, fingers intertwining as she listens with a slight tilt of the head and an attentive gaze. "Ah," She responds with a nod. "Bean Jam Country, huh?" With one hand, she taps her chin in thought as she files through her metaphorical memory bank of the last she recalled hearing that name. A brief moment later, a warm smile graces her lips. "I've never been there myself, but my family's done business with folk from there before. I've always wanted to visit but never had the time. I hear they're lovely people," Jurei says wistfully,  looking off into the distance of the bustling crowd before snapping back into focus. "But, I'm glad you made it here safely, though. It's quite a ways away from the Land of Sky to Haven. I trust your journey has been pleasant so far?"

Jurei leans forward in her chair and rests her forearms on the table as she continues to listen to Marabelle. Her eyes widen slightly at Marabelle's apology, but she shakes her head and raises her hands in front of her in a placating gesture. "Oh, no, please don't worry about it!" She exclaims with a nervous laugh, lowering her hands back to her aforementioned knee. "You weren't inconsiderate at all. I just happened to be unlucky this time around. But I'll manage. I always do." She smiles again, although this one is more subdued and self-conscious, her eyes betray her true feelings as they glaze over for a brief moment. Jurei blinks, recentering her train of thoughts before returning to her usual self once more.

Listening for a moment to consider what Marabelle says next, Jurei's fingers tapping idly to a rhythmless tune until spying, from her peripheral, one of the baristas approaching their table with their orders occupied in both hands. She turns in her seat a little to face them and offers a polite smile as she receives her order with a quiet "thank you" and a nod of acknowledgment. Once she's turned back around, she readjusts, takes a sip from her drink, tucking a stray lock of hair behind an ear as she sets it down on the table and glances at Marabelle again. "Well, if by 'wandering shinobi' you mean those with ill-intent to do our village harm, as far as I'm concerned, Hoshigakure isn't exactly a hotspot for shinobi activity. So, there are very few problems here. There are some shinobi who've retired and perhaps fewer who've left Hoshigakure to pursue their own goals or find greener pastures elsewhere, but most of them are still loyal to the village and continue to work for us from time to time.

"So I'd say that we don't really face any issues with rogue shinobi at the moment. But," She gestures with her index toward the ceiling of the establishment, her smile never ceasing. "That doesn't mean we don't have our own fair share of troubles. There's always something to be done here, so work for any active shinobi is never lacking... Would I be correct to assume that you're looking for work here in Hoshi?" Jurei pauses for Marabelle to interject if she so wishes and takes this moment to study her overall physique. Her eyes intermittently roam from the top of her head to her feet, taking in every detail starting from her pink, braided, knee-length hair to the sight of her kimono and tabi, before returning her gaze to her face again as she tries to discern what kind of person Marabelle is. She further acknowledges her winsome profile and the queer dichotomy her irises inhabit, to which she finds that they complement the visitor's aesthetics perfectly.

She clearly takes good care of herself—and with such good taste in style!—despite her nomadic background and yet, she doesn't seem to be the type of shinobi who specializes in combat. Jurei can tell that Marabelle is a gentle soul at heart, one who prefers not to engage in conflict unless absolutely necessary. She imagines that this woman is a healer of some sort or perhaps a support-type shinobi. Then again, appearances can be deceiving and a charming deception to lull an unwitting aggressor into a false sense of security before striking them down with deadly accuracy. Either way, she seems like someone who would prefer to be working behind the scenes rather than out in the field.

WC: 744
TWC: 2,031
Marabelle Blossom
Marabelle Blossom
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:48 pm
Jurei's words seemed kinder than most she had encountered so far. Though the most notable of the batch was that of her cousin Sebastian of Otogakure and that of Quinn Foster. She had a decently positive attitude and seemed to be more about the order of things than not though it was still early in their meeting and such a determination was yet to be fully seen or realized. It was then that the barista approached with their orders. Bowing her head in respect, Marabelle smiled as kindly as before, offering no difference with status or position at this moment. Taking a whiff of her tea, the herbal sage mixture danced into her receptors as comfort and poise were present once more. Taking a sip she relaxed her shoulders as tension could be seen release from there though it was a subtle shift in her posture from where the two women sat.

She was pleased with her selection and that was a good break from the day's mental woes as she listened intently to the words Jurei was saying. Upon the question being asked of the vagabond, Marabelle nodded in agreement to the question of intent, "Indeed I am. Though my trade primarily is that of a medic, I do find myself in more situations than not needing my blade more often than my herbs." She stated with a forlorn look etching its way through her demeanor. She adjusted her satchel before pulling out the medical armband she had made herself, the universal symbol of a medic plainly visible for the world to see if she were to put it on. "I tend to focus myself on making sure people are okay, I'm currently looking to potentially settle but I am still unsure of where or what I want to do about it. The world has its problems and only a single person can do so much." She briefly elaborated on the challenges she faced so far, her face returning to a more brightly neutral state than before.

She enjoyed the tea in doses as she returned the armband back to her satchel before returning her full attention to the genin before her. She assessed the posture and style that Jurei had as it was one, like herself, abnormal for most shinobi. Though her garb could be seen as traditional and feminine, Jurei's had an elegance and class to it that brought forth the concept of sophistication. Though Marabelle had a feeling if she was not a shinobi she likely would have been a business magnate within the village, she could tell that she was true to herself as well and likely made a good friend to those who needed one. A similar spirit she could sense within her was the best Marabelle could describe. Perhaps she too would align with her own desires but she knew better than to broach, or unintentionally poach, such matters within a village such as Hoshigakure. She was a guest and as such, would operate as one towards the shinobi force before her. That means respecting and treating Jurei as an equal or superior due to their position as a true shinobi within the walls.

Though her brain rattled about, she was a patient sort, waiting for the time to bring up such potential thoughts, as this was only their first meeting. Marabelle hoped that they would meet again once she could join missions.

WC: 570, TWC: 1,800
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Genin
Genin

Ninjutsu Remove Default

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:14 pm
Jurei nods at Marabelle's response to the question of intent, nodding between pauses in her sentences while she takes another sip of tea. Safe to say, her initial assumption was right, but also empathizes with Marabelle's acquiescence to the fact that, despite her profession, she finds herself in more situations that require her to potentially wrest the very lives she would otherwise preserve that which breathes within them. It's certainly no meager matter to choose whether to protect the sanctity of another life or to end it, and Jurei can respect that. She knows that she herself would have a difficult time making such a choice if she were not already accustomed to it. Even so, this also appeals to Marabelle's humanity in that Jurei can already deduce that she's not one who would take the lives of others so lightly and understands how invaluable of a gift it is.

"I understand," Jurei starts with a sympathetic nod. "It is a difficult thing indeed to be forced into a position where you are compelled to take another's life, but I believe that it is even more difficult to make the decision to do so when it is not necessary. I respect your dedication to preserving life, Marabelle. It is an admirable quality for any shinobi to have, especially in these times." The platinum-blondie puts down her cup of tea atop its saucer and leans back in her seat a little bit, smiling at the medic. "I'm sure you'll find your place here in Hoshigakure where your skills will be put to good use. If fortune favors, we can try to request an audience with Lord Hogokage and I can put in a good word for you. And if you ever need help with anything at all, since I'm on active duty, don't hesitate to ask me for anything.

"Speaking of which, considering you'll probably be here in the village for a while, I could show you around and help you get acquainted with the place. Hoshigakure may not be as large as some other villages, but it's still quite a big place, so it can be difficult to get around without someone who knows their way around. As far as lodgings go, if I may, you're more than welcome to stay over at my family's estate as a houseguest. You've given me no reason to doubt your intentions, so I don't think my parents would mind. At least, not until we can help find you somewhere more permanent to stay. I can get in touch with a few real estate agents and arrange a place for you to reside for a time."

Jurei pauses for another moment, taking another sip of her tea before continuing. "But that's only if you wish to accept. I wouldn't want to impose on you in any way. If you have other plans or arrangements in mind, by all means, please do not let me get in the way of them."

WC: 496
TWC: 2,527
Marabelle Blossom
Marabelle Blossom
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:13 am
The tea from the "暁星" (ぎょうせい, lit. "The Morning Star") was amazing on the palette to her. It was greatly appreciated after the long journey that Marabelle had undertaken. She had already finished her cup before realizing it. Flipping it over to avoid confusion or damage potentially to the cafe's wares, she pushed it inward towards the center of the table to make sure it was secure and safe for pick up once they were finished if staff picked up after the customers. She would wait in the end for when they departed for Jurei to act before she did. To Marabelle it appeared greatly that Jurei was intent on learning more about the kunochi. Happy to oblige, she focused greatly on the words she spoke, to make sure to elaborate where she felt Jurei would appreciate more information or otherwise.

The smile on Marabelle's face never truly faded as she nodded in agreement to Jurei's first commentary. It was admirable to aim towards bettering the world even within such a volatile system as the way of the shinobi. Hearing her commentary on the village itself brightened Marabelle's mood as she relaxed a bit in her chair, her tea warming her belly alongside the warmth of good company. Hearing Jurei's offer to vouch for her Marabelle quickly waved her hand at the notion an awkward smile forming as she laughed lightly at the thought. The next moment before Marabelle could interject properly with the rules of verbal engagements, Jurei was offering more support and help. To that, the Everbloom nodded in affirmation that it would be helpful to her. Once she took a break from tea and added the clause of if she would want help, Marabelle seized the moment to speak up.

"I appreciate all that you have offered me so far Jurei-san. In regards to sorting things out with Lord Hogokage, I wouldn't want to impose one of his shinobi who just met me in the street vouching for me. I've handled registering for work before in another village so I think I should be able to handle that myself. Besides, I'm sure Lord Hogokage has staff to handle vagabond affairs. I humbly decline your help there but I will accept your assistance with familiarizing myself with Hoshigakure. As I travel with the wind, I am unsure how long I am staying so anything support in that manner I will take you up on. It would be nice to coordinate and work with you as well once I get permission to take on missions for the village. I will make sure to seek you out when that occurs." Marabelle wrapped up her responses for the Hoshigakuran kunoichi by clasping her hands bowing lightly and thanking Jurei. The Everbloom had been fortunate in two out of three situations so far involving going to a village and thankfully it was the last two, major villages, that were welcoming. All things considered, Marabelle was blessed to say she traveled and survived so far on those journeys.

It was at that moment that Marabelle took into consideration, her hand moving to rest on her chin as she pondered, the fact that she had slept and was housed on a boat for a while before landing in the Land of Haven. She was well kept but even she knew that she was doing her best to remain presentable given the circumstances she was in to get to the village. "Perhaps this would be a good time to settle in and know where I would be staying for at least this evening? As much as I do take care of myself, being on a boat with minimal access to hygiene supplies, leaves a lot to be desired of a proper shower." Marabelle commented scratching the back of her head in that innocent way. The worries of the world were present in such a woman yet she remained cordial and lighthearted. She carried a burden many would have relinquished when the going got tough but at least for now, it seemed like she remained true to herself and her values. For a vagabond to present in such a philanthropic manner, Marabelle was truly a one-of-a-kind.

WC: 700, TWC: 2,500
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Genin
Genin

Ninjutsu Remove Default

Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:39 pm
Likewise, in between sentences, when Jurei reaches her cup for another sip, wondering to herself how much of her tea was left in her cup, it doesn't take long to find out when its erstwhile warmth has gone cold. When her golden gaze peeks into the cup's contents, she sees that it's empty. Strange, it'd only felt like moments ago that she and Marabelle were just talking about the village and whatnot. But then again, time flies when you're in good company, and in no small part due to the establishment's, "暁星" (ぎょうせい, lit. "The Morning Star"), quality of their tea products. Nevertheless, she absent-mindedly gyrates the cup with her wrist for a moment before she settles it down on its respective saucer.

When Jurei notices Marabelle's wave her hand dismissively with a meek smile, likely at the possibility of arranging an audience with the cage given the timing during her monologue, a faint and uncomfortable twinge runs down her spine halfway through the monologue as she reminds herself that, in retrospect, Jurei had unabatedly offered to provide accommodations for the wanderer more than what an average denizen would've done. She'd been so caught up in the moment that she hadn't even considered how it might've come across as being woefully presumptuous and bending the rules of etiquette as though she'd recently reunited with an old friend from yesteryears past. Perhaps out of a sense of longing for a circle of friends, especially around her own age, given the fact that she'd only recently graduated from the Astral Point Ninja Academy. Thus far, outside of her work as her father's assistant, only a few friendships currently exist that've withstood the test of time. The rest have either fallen by the wayside or were never really there to begin with.

And even should this exchange of theirs be brief and may very well go as quickly as it came, Jurei can't help but feel a little bit more at ease knowing that she's not alone in this world. That there are others like her who want to make a difference in the world, even if it's just a small one. However, listening to Marabelle's response, her countenance betrays the impression that she's hyper-imposed on the visitor with her offerings, for she finds the silver lining from the prior proffer when the kunoichi welcomes the prospect to be her pseudo-tour guide around the village. And what's more, welcomes the notion that, should her request and subsequent exchange with Lord Hogokage be successful, the platinum blondie may accompany her during mission assignments in the coming future. How fortuitous!

And so, when her acquaintance finally addresses the bulk of her proposals and her hands clasp each other followed by a bow, Jurei, in kind, reciprocates with a bow of her own with her once idle hands adopting the same gesture. "And I'm sorry if I came off as being too forward," She gestures with one hand as it rests along her sternum. "I just thought that you might want to stay somewhere more comfortable than an izakaya room. But, I'm glad to hear you're open to my suggestions. I'll do my best to make sure you're well taken care of while you're here until the coming morrow," Jurei appends as she straightens herself out, her smile although now faint, remains unwavering, feeling a little better about herself in the recovery of her mild eagerness before.

Thereafter, while Marabelle ponders what else she may have on her mind to speak of, Jurei waves to one of the working staff members, briefly bandying words, before they collect the café's wares from their table. When they leave, Jurei turns her attention back to Marabelle with a nod as a silent indication that she may continue at her leisure without further interruption. When she regales her travel across the sea and the bane of lacking hygiene supplies, Jurei can't help but chuckle softly at the notion. "Good grief, that's dreadful," She says with a shake of her head, pushing her chair back before rising from her seat. "It's a good thing we met happenstance. I'll be happy to show you to my place so you can freshen up."

Jurei then reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small, baby blue froggy wallet, fishing out a diminutive stack of Ryo as a tip for the barista, the stack itself not being so exorbitant as a shallow show of hollow affluence, but generous enough to show her appreciation for the wonderful experience from an otherwise sour mood and day. "I'm sure you're probably tired from your travels. We can talk more when we get there." She says as she places the coins on the table before returning the purse to her pocket. Gesturing to the door outside with one hand, Jurei begins walking towards it with Marabelle in tow.

"My home's not too far from here... Oh! And I've also got a companion at home, too. His name's Ninjiro. He can be a bit of a handful sometimes, but he's a good boy, I promise." The walk to Jurei's place is a scenic one. The two women would walk side by side down the streets of Hoshigakure, passing by various shops and businesses along the way. The sun begins to set, casting a warm glow over the village as it dips below the horizon. Today was a good day, one she hopes to repeat in the near future with her latest fellowship.

Ambience:

Sometime later toward the evening...

The two women later arrive at Jurei's home, a large mansion located in the wealthier district of the village standing three stories high, it's reminiscent of a traditional Japanese home with a touch of foreign, Western-styled decor, having been rebuilt by the homeowner with the finest stonework and high-quality fabrics with mahogany wooden decorations. Its tall, large windows allow enough light to enter the home and have been added in a fairly symmetrical pattern. Surrounding it is a tranquil garden, with various flowers, a long pond including a small waterfall, and various rock formations, and the grounds are immaculately maintained, with lush green grass and perfectly trimmed hedges lining the path leading up to the front door.

As they enter the house, here lies the hidden riches hidden from prying eyes: the interior walls are painted a bright, ivory-white color that matches the variety of fine furniture that adorns the home. In the entrance hallway, the decor is elegant and tasteful. Near the front door is a coat rack, and across from the front door is a pair of double doors that lead into the living room. Down the hall is a stairway that leads up to the next level of the house. Soon, a butler greets them and bows politely before a Jure briefly exchanges words with him showing them into the guest room on the first floor.

The guest bedroom itself is spacious, furnished with a queen-size bed with white sheets and an amber-colored comforter. There's also a nightstand and dresser, as well as a desk with a chair. The walls are painted in the same color as the sheets, and there's a large window overlooking the garden outside. There's also an ensuite bathroom with a shower and bathtub, as well as a sink with a mirror above it. "Please, make yourself at home," Jurei says, gesturing towards the bed with one hand as she turns her attention towards Marabelle. "I'll arrange to summon one of my maids to draw you a bath and fetch you some fresh clothes. If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask them for anything. Or from me, for that matter."

With that, Jurei courtsies before excusing herself from the room, and leaving Marabelle to her devices. She makes her across the hallway to her own bedroom, where she begins to prepare for the evening's commencement by getting changed into a more casual outfit consisting of a simple black tank top and matching shorts. She then heads downstairs to check on Ninjiro, who is currently lounging on one of the leather couches in the living room. "Hey there, buddy," Jurei says with a smile as she approaches him, sitting down beside him and giving him a few pats on the head, earning herself a few purrs. "How are you doing? I'm sorry I was gone for so long today. But, I brought a friend home with me this time! I expect you'll be nice to her, won't you?"

Ninjiro perks up at the sound of his name being spoken, looking up at his owner with curiosity and not one filled with innocent inquiry. "Oh? Is that so?" He questions as he hops off the couch and onto Jurei's lap, where he proceeds to curl up comfortably before continuing to speak. "I'll try not to scare her too much. Other than that, I'm just peachy." He adds with a smirk as he looks up at her.

"Good boy, glad to hear it." Jurei replies, giving him one final pat on the head before getting comfortable herself, grabbing from one of the nightstands closest to her a book she'd been reading earlier in the week and resuming where she left off, intermittently giving the 'Nuki stitches whenever she flips a page or two.

WC: 1,548
TWC: 4,075

[EXIT THREAD]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum