Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
Swearing and mature language is permitted.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Explicit violence is permitted.

THE NRPG STAFF

boss man
Ayato
Coordination
Yuuma
Crom
Balance
Yamato Arantima
Approval
Hiroki
Fu
Kaito
Shiro
Current Events

Christmas Event

Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Top posting users this month
361 Posts - 36%
123 Posts - 12%
90 Posts - 9%
83 Posts - 8%
79 Posts - 8%
66 Posts - 7%
63 Posts - 6%
53 Posts - 5%
46 Posts - 5%
45 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Former Owners, Staff and Members.

All things created on this site are their respective owners' works and all related topics and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, issues, or posts without the creator's permission, shape, or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creator's license will be punished.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Baliquis
Baliquis
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Link

Health: 300 / 300
AP: 1,326
Vigor: 150
Chakra: 100
Speed: 40
Strength: 10
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Sensory Remove Default
Earth Water Lightning Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 29

Industrious Times [IO, NK] - Page 2 Empty Re: Industrious Times [IO, NK]

Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:07 pm
Baliquis stood by and watched as Isabiri pushed along a flatbed cart, and she smiled politely as she watched Isa move the furniture she selected onto the flatbed. She wanted to offer assistance, but she felt it might come off as offensive to the one-armed female, so she stayed quiet. She stayed in her place and stayed quiet as it was expected of her even now- outside the temple's walls.

Could she ever leave those walls? Truly? Was she ever going to be entirely free of them? Forever unshackled of them?

Izayumi…what did it feel like? To not have to be chained down and to do as you wanted, to do as you like?

Did the air taste better? Does the water? Is there an extra film on the way you saw the world? The way you viewed it? Was it another lens rather than film? Did you see things better and more for what they are? Did you see people for who they were rather than what was said about them?

Baliquis tried to stay in the moment, but she couldn’t keep herself fully grounded. She couldn’t help trying to think how her sister lived or how guilt slowly dug its claws into her and filled her mind with ‘what ifs’... As if she could have done anything differently in actuality. What could she have done?

A small part of her echoed back, “You could have talked to her.” Everyone watched her, and those in the temple did so with an unnature level of hyperfiction. If a movement wasn’t precise, it caused a compounded butterfly effect. It rippled and rustled in these alls and within the boundaries of these Temple grounds. Every single footstep and one misplaced breath could be catastrophic and could have brought her peers more than that step toward figuring it out. Figuring out the fact that Baliquis had usurped a position that wasn’t hers nor was she naturally gifted for. She was closer to figuring out that the only real reason she had done so was to make sure her sister could get the fuck out of there.

Now here she was, twisting and contorting in her hate. In her rage. In her newfound spitefulness and cruelty. The things she had chained to walls and forgotten about until she got the body. They had pulled and yanked their chains away from the wall and the last chain link she could feel rattling and straining against the pull. It was the last defender. The last line of defense between her sanity and her chained-down emotions. They stressed the cord, and it was the link that metallically squeezed and screeched between the nailed-in chain foundation to a wall and the rest of the chain. The foundation was strong and sturdy and held as much as the creatures pulled.

A darker, more sinister voice rippled in the black waters of her mind and soul. Nails rising and hands raising from the dark waters, “We could use the body.” The distorted voice echoed. A shattered mirror reflection of her own voice. “We burned it. We cremated it. Those children remain. We could use their bodies.”

What the fuck type of thought process was that?

"Uh, yeah, I guess. There are a few options I can think of. We could find a guy who slings communication seals or something like that. I don't know of anybody myself, but I'm sure I could find someone if I looked hard enough. We could set up something we could use to get in touch face to face too, maybe." Isaribi said, and the words bounced around in Baliquis’s faded-out surroundings of…where was she again? A…store? Had she always had difficulty placing herself? No… No, at this moment, she was having difficulty grounding herself.

“We have always been grounded. Just like we have always been here.” The voice resurfaced, “We need those bodies. We need bodies. More bodies.” The voice gurgled, and she tried to ignore it even as her surroundings grew more incoherent and less vivid, “This one? She will do.” Did it mean… Isaribi? “Yes. She’s small…but not weak. Reconnaissance. We can use her.”

"You know, like, summoning? I've connected with people like that in the past, and it works well as long as you can establish ground rules for when you're supposed to use it." Isaribi said, and Baliquis mentally waved a hand- dismissing the thing and the creatures straining against their leashes.

They were at the register now, but she didn’t recall walking over here, who had controlled her to make her follow and move so easily.

“Summoning.” Baliquis echoed as she pulled out her own money and smiled at the cashier, giving her the currency from her own funds she put aside for this, “Keep your funds; it’s on me.” The cashier smiled politely and rand Isa up before Baliquis smiled, took the receipt from the cashier, and handed it off to Isa, “I want to be the type of person who keeps her word, So let’s look into the summoning if you don’t mind…I always was to look into new techniques, and I always want to learn.”

[ WC: 859 ] [ TWC: 3,455 ]

Last edited by Baliquis on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed TWC calculation error, 1-18-2023)
Isaribi Uchiha
Isaribi Uchiha
Chunin
Chunin
Genjutsu Remove Remove Sensory Space Time Default
Remove Earth Water Lightning Remove Default
Ryo : 28000

Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:43 pm
Isaribi wasn't a particularly proud person, having thrown out all traces of hubris during her time on the inside, so when Baliquis offered to pay for the furniture, she simply shrugged as a "suit yourself" kind of gesture, and allowed her to. No point in refusing free furniture, especially if it was from somebody she could probably trust. Without her sharingan, however, Isaribi didn't notice anything strange about Baliquis' movements at all. If this had been a different set of circumstances, however, her attitude might be drastically more uncomfortable than it was at that moment. As it was, though, any potential observations she could have made didn't even cross her mind.

"Err, well..." Isaribi looked around, noting the potential onlookers nearby. "Maybe we should talk about this outside." As she well knew, folks around here were mighty superstitious. So when she really thought about it, blithely telling her new friend all about how two women could sign contracts in blood with each other for some incomprehensible "magic" was a really bad idea. Well, she was used to keeping this kind of talk on the down low, anyway. If it was an inconvenience, she didn't notice it at all. With no great enthusiasm, she started pulling the flatbed out to the parking lot.

She pulled it to a spot in the parking lot that the folks in the shop didn't have line of sight to, and if Baliquis had followed, she would speak.

"Anyway, summoning. Like this." Bending down, Isaribi touched the asphalt pavement, and the summoning formula spread out from her hand before vanishing with a light puff of smoke, revealing Kishibe's tiny form. One look at her, and one look at the formula, and the little firebird seemed to deflate.

"Really? Summoning me to transport human furniture? Surely, you must be joking." Right. She'd forgotten that the firebirds had one of the worst aspects of a group of summoned creatures: an attitude. Well, Isaribi wasn't about to feed the flames here. There were more important matters at hand.

"Just like, get it done, man. This is supposed to be a stealth thing, which is why I picked you over, ya know, that OTHER guy." At that, Kishibe's feathers bristled, but he said nothing more before grabbing the plastic-wrapped bundle of furniture and lifting it effortlessly into the sky. Sighing, Isaribi turned back to Baliquis.

"Like that, see? We can form similar blood contracts with each other, which will let us bring the other to our side in an instant. Uh, there might be issues with distance and location in the long term, but I dunno if that really applies to us." Almost without realizing it, she lazily kicked a pebble across the parking lot. "It's an option, if you're up for it. I can call Kishibe back here and have him bring whatever materials we need with him. We should probably agree on a set of ground rules to agree on for summoning before entering into anything like this, though, right?"

[WC 502]
Baliquis
Baliquis
Genin
Genin

Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:22 pm
“Err, well...” Isaribi looked around, “Maybe we should talk about this outside.” In all candid honesty, Baliquis hadn’t considered their surroundings, so perhaps that’s what had put her friend on edge. The fact that she was talking about this so openly and not entirely concerning herself with the fact they were in public or that there were other people around her. Perhaps it was because she was never concerned with talking about how she liked in the Temple, as no one was bold enough to test her within the walls of her own kingdom.

Manipulating them and pulling their strings just went to go and show how well she had learned to work within her own walls. She had not considered that there could be a risk to her foundation among the masses of Hoshigakure’s public. Oh, how serendipitous to be her- at the height of power in a small, isolated corner of the world and yet a complete no one outside of it. She needed that smokescreen as much as she needed to remember how thin and fragile its continuance was.

Once everything was paid for, Baliquis followed Isaribi out as she pushed the flatbed cart with her newly acquired furnishings, pushing it to a corner of the parking lot. As things grew more secluded, Bali noticed there were fewer people around. For a very moment, a thought crossed her mind- ‘OH, Am I going to get murdered here?’ - She felt the tiniest bit of thrills when her mind recognized she could die and no longer have to be bothered with the back-alley politics behind the scenes of the play. Then concern washed those thoughts away. Concern over why she was thinking that way in the first place.

“Anyway, summoning. Like this.” Isa said and bent down to the ground, then put her hand on the asphalt pavement- strange symbols extended out from her hand and across the ground. Then they connected and vanished with a light puff of smoke- then revealed a bird.

“Really? Summoning me to transport human furniture? Surely, you must be joking.” The creature said but internally? Baliquis was mortified. Did it talk? It fucking talked? Like- It talked like Izayumi’s dragon. That’s what she did? She used this- summoning technique black magic- to bring that dragon out. Did she have the same ability to do so? What else could this magic that was ‘chakra’ do?

“Just like, get it done, man. This is supposed to be a stealth thing, which is why I picked you over, ya know, that OTHER guy.” Isa said, and the creature sighed, then took charge of the plastic-wrapped furniture bundle. It flew off, and then Isa sighed and turned to her, “Like that, see? We can form similar blood contracts with each other, which will let us bring the other to our side instantly. Uh, there might be issues with distance and location in the long term, but I dunno if that really applies to us.” Baliquis realized that now, “It’s an option if you’re up for it. I can call Kishibe back here and have him bring whatever materials we need with him. We should probably agree on a set of ground rules to agree on for summoning before entering into anything like this, though, right?”

Issues with the location and distance not being an issue? OH- That transporting Isa did when they went fought that creature in the air-right. Whatever abilities she had could supersede that. This would be good. “Yes, Have Kishibe bring whatever we need. I don’t mind.” Baliquis said and smiled,

“I suppose from my end the only ground rules I’d like there to be is maybe if we debriefed each other of the situation going on after there is a summon- and if you could not summon me in a way where I am not in immediate danger after being summoned- for example, if you could not summon me in some type of body of water, I would appreciate that.” Bali said, “Otherwise, I’m open to whatever you had in mind.”

[ WC: 679 ][ TWC : 4,134 ]

Last edited by Baliquis on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed TWC calculation error, 1-18-2023)
Isaribi Uchiha
Isaribi Uchiha
Chunin
Chunin

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 am
Wow. Isaribi was kind of expecting the other woman to put up a little more resistance than that. Well, as long as they were able to set a clear list of terms, she figured that there was no way this could possibly go wrong. Except, of course, the fact that she had failed to consider that she'd have to dictate what the terms were to Kishibe aloud. After all, she certainly wasn't able to herself. Having to reveal this fact to Baliquis was bad enough, but it's what came after that, that Isaribi was more than a little scared of. She knew, just from looking at people who lived in different parts of town, what others thought of folks like her, and she was fitting right into the image they had created for her. The ignorant, illiterate street girl, who only knew how to fight and cause trouble for upstanding citizens.

With another brief touch, she called Kishibe back to her, the red bird hovering wordlessly before setting down with an elegant wooden box of writing materials. He tugged open a drawer, and looked silently up at Isaribi, acknowledging the solemnity of the occasion. Well, it seemed important to him, anyway. Rituals like this probably meant something, to races like his, but she completely missed out on that. She began to dictate to him what to write down, telepathically, and he began to write, making the details of their contract clear.

The summoner is to inform the summoned of the context and circumstances into which they were summoned as soon as possible after summoning.

The summoner is not to summon the other into situations of direct danger or harm.

The summoners, upon joint consensus and agreement, are able to adjust these terms as they please.

It just looked like fucking squiggles to her. At least she didn't have to end up saying anything out loud up until now. She already felt shitty and stupid enough as it was. Kishibe fluttered up, hovering while holding the paper so Baliquis could see.

"Look good to you?" Isaribi asked. "I, uh, kinda can't read, like at all, so..." She trailed off, feeling the burn of ignominy. Gazing at the ground, unable to look in the other woman's eyes... how did she feel, at the moment? No doubt, she was re-evaluating Isaribi's competence. After all, Isaribi had promised to help Baliquis find something, and being unable to read probably didn't give her much confidence that this one-armed girl would be able to do the job. She was putting a lot of trust here, in Baliquis. At some point in the past, she recalled hearing someone talk about how important and foundational the written word was to humanity, and only now did she begin to appreciate just a little of what he meant.  

There was still so much to learn, and so little time to learn it in, and she wasn't willing to take the time if it meant going through the pre-established channels. State-funded learning was too slow, far too slow, and she was already beginning to cook up a timetable for what she wanted to accomplish with her life.

[WC 526]
Baliquis
Baliquis
Genin
Genin

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:18 pm

The red bird returned, and Baliquis wondered if she was on the same path as her sister. That dragon wasn't something you just found in the wild. Was it something she found and chained to herself by the contract Baliquis planned to sign?

Was that how Izayumi found the father of her children? Was he just some creature wandering the wilds like a ghost until she appeared and lured it in? Baliquis wondered if some song or hymn pulled the creature in, but she would never know now. Perhaps it was because she was too scared to ask her sister's spirit for an answer. How would that conversation even begin?

As Bali wondered this, she watched the bird touch down with an elegant wooden box containing writing tools and paper. She watched as the bird wrote on the paper to make the contract they would be signing.

[ The summoner is to inform the summoned of the context and circumstances into which they were summoned as soon as possible after summoning.

The summoner is not to summon the other into situations of direct danger or harm.

Upon joint consensus and agreement, the summoners can adjust these terms as they please. ]

Then the red bird grabbed the paper and flew up to Baliquis so she could read it closer, "Look good to you?" Isaribi asked. "I, uh, kinda can't read, like at all, so..." So there really was someone out there that was just like her sister, Ikazuchi? Someone who couldn't read the written word? Baliquis smiled,

"Neither can my older sister, Ikazuchi, who is much older than me." Baliquis said, "However, not all can be told by words; some things must be experienced and seen. I will be attempting to teach her how to read soon; if you want to, I could include you."

"However, I will never hold it against you for knowing your flaws as long as you strive to work on them, Isa, Nor anyone. I hope this contract allows you to see the reassurance I am trying to give you, to show you I  am stead-fastly behind you and support you." Baliquis said and looked down at her hands, then proceeded to put her left forefinger nail into the soft fingertip pad of her right hand's forefinger. She applied pressure from her left hand's fingertip and its nail into the right finger pad. She pierced the skin before she tugged the nail downwards and pulled her left-hand way as her plan became complete- the pad of her right finger was pierced, and blood rushed to the surface to try and repair the wound as it bubbled up in a slow, ever-growing orb of smooth crimson. Baliquis looked at the contract, grabbed the paper with her left hand, pulled it taunt behind on the left-hand side to hold steady between her and the bird, and put her right finger to the page.

She signed her name in blood as it was known here. Nozomi “Baliquis” Hozuki.

Post Word Count

Total Word Count

Tagged

@Isaribi

Isaribi Uchiha
Isaribi Uchiha
Chunin
Chunin

Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:14 am
For a couple of seconds, Isaribi looked at Baliquis. How did the other woman think she felt? More importantly, how did Baliquis feel? Years and years of reading people with the sharingan, and now she felt so inept. The other woman's ready offer to teach her (HER, of all people) was humbling, but also shocking. Did she really feel that way? The fact that Isaribi couldn't tell just made her feel worse. So much for being a sensory shinobi. Maybe that was just the way rich people talked. Maybe there was just a gap between their life experience that, no matter how close they became, no matter how much Isaribi yearned for a greater connection, would NEVER be crossed. The very thought chilled her to the core. A memory occurred to her, one of her getting out of prison and getting that drive. This time, she'd do it right. She'd live a normal life and make actual friends, and everything would be okay. The fire that had motivated her was still there, but her ability, the power to make that dream happen simply did not exist. That raw truth crushed her like a pallet full of cinderblocks, though she didn't show it on the outside.

Instead, she just gave a little grin that she didn't really feel at all, and when it came around to her turn, bit down on her finger to draw blood. She didn't know how to sign her name, so she just drew a messy, red X shape on the paper. Apparently, this was sufficient, and Kishibe took the paper. With an indignant, telepathic grunt, he vanished in a burst of light, back to wherever it was the oversized fire chickens came from. She'd never been there herself, but honestly, she wasn't the kind of person who was curious enough to try and visit.

"Okay." She took an emergency bandage out of her waist pack and wrapped up her finger. No doubt she'd get Kishibe to heal it later, just to rub it in his face a little. Unlike some of the others, he had a little too much hubris for his tiny body. "Okay, it worked. We should be able to summon each other. With a little bit of work, I think I might be able to bring you as far as other countries. Hell, maybe even other d-" She stopped herself, frowning. Why was she about to tell Baliquis about that? No, more appropriately, why WOULDN'T she tell her? They were friends..... right?

Right?

They'd fought a spatial anomaly already, so why was she so reluctant? There was a reason, but Isaribi was too stupid and ignorant to put it into words, completely unable to convey her feelings. And to just sputter about, to ask her friend for help, to simply reach out made her feel like a turtle turned belly-side-up; vulnerable. So she made the first major mistake of her shinobi career, and simply bottled it up within.

"Err, anyways. It's done now. Easy as that."

[WC 503]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum