Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
to the illuminated land (travel)Yesterday at 11:57 pmAlister YamaIt's just Big meYesterday at 9:14 pmKurogane ShuraA Walk Around The VillageYesterday at 8:48 pmAkabayashi TerumiA Call to Action?Yesterday at 8:33 pmMonsoonA Meeting of BloodYesterday at 7:26 pmZraixThis isn't Fabled FolktalesYesterday at 4:47 pmAizen ChinoikeBack to the SpringsYesterday at 4:29 pmJupiterWhat's a Date?Yesterday at 4:18 pmMeika TsukiOni KamigawaSaturn's Bank AccountYesterday at 3:26 pmSaturnStrolling through the park one day...Yesterday at 1:53 pmKurai Tau
Top posting users this month
241 Posts - 30%
192 Posts - 24%
184 Posts - 23%
32 Posts - 4%
31 Posts - 4%
28 Posts - 4%
27 Posts - 3%
21 Posts - 3%
19 Posts - 2%
19 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Baliquis
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

Industrious Times [IO, NK] - Page 2 Empty Re: Industrious Times [IO, NK]

Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:07 pm
Baliquis stood by and watched as Isabiri pushed along a flatbed cart, and she smiled politely as she watched Isa move the furniture she selected onto the flatbed. She wanted to offer assistance, but she felt it might come off as offensive to the one-armed female, so she stayed quiet. She stayed in her place and stayed quiet as it was expected of her even now- outside the temple's walls.

Could she ever leave those walls? Truly? Was she ever going to be entirely free of them? Forever unshackled of them?

Izayumi…what did it feel like? To not have to be chained down and to do as you wanted, to do as you like?

Did the air taste better? Does the water? Is there an extra film on the way you saw the world? The way you viewed it? Was it another lens rather than film? Did you see things better and more for what they are? Did you see people for who they were rather than what was said about them?

Baliquis tried to stay in the moment, but she couldn’t keep herself fully grounded. She couldn’t help trying to think how her sister lived or how guilt slowly dug its claws into her and filled her mind with ‘what ifs’... As if she could have done anything differently in actuality. What could she have done?

A small part of her echoed back, “You could have talked to her.” Everyone watched her, and those in the temple did so with an unnature level of hyperfiction. If a movement wasn’t precise, it caused a compounded butterfly effect. It rippled and rustled in these alls and within the boundaries of these Temple grounds. Every single footstep and one misplaced breath could be catastrophic and could have brought her peers more than that step toward figuring it out. Figuring out the fact that Baliquis had usurped a position that wasn’t hers nor was she naturally gifted for. She was closer to figuring out that the only real reason she had done so was to make sure her sister could get the fuck out of there.

Now here she was, twisting and contorting in her hate. In her rage. In her newfound spitefulness and cruelty. The things she had chained to walls and forgotten about until she got the body. They had pulled and yanked their chains away from the wall and the last chain link she could feel rattling and straining against the pull. It was the last defender. The last line of defense between her sanity and her chained-down emotions. They stressed the cord, and it was the link that metallically squeezed and screeched between the nailed-in chain foundation to a wall and the rest of the chain. The foundation was strong and sturdy and held as much as the creatures pulled.

A darker, more sinister voice rippled in the black waters of her mind and soul. Nails rising and hands raising from the dark waters, “We could use the body.” The distorted voice echoed. A shattered mirror reflection of her own voice. “We burned it. We cremated it. Those children remain. We could use their bodies.”

What the fuck type of thought process was that?

"Uh, yeah, I guess. There are a few options I can think of. We could find a guy who slings communication seals or something like that. I don't know of anybody myself, but I'm sure I could find someone if I looked hard enough. We could set up something we could use to get in touch face to face too, maybe." Isaribi said, and the words bounced around in Baliquis’s faded-out surroundings of…where was she again? A…store? Had she always had difficulty placing herself? No… No, at this moment, she was having difficulty grounding herself.

“We have always been grounded. Just like we have always been here.” The voice resurfaced, “We need those bodies. We need bodies. More bodies.” The voice gurgled, and she tried to ignore it even as her surroundings grew more incoherent and less vivid, “This one? She will do.” Did it mean… Isaribi? “Yes. She’s small…but not weak. Reconnaissance. We can use her.”

"You know, like, summoning? I've connected with people like that in the past, and it works well as long as you can establish ground rules for when you're supposed to use it." Isaribi said, and Baliquis mentally waved a hand- dismissing the thing and the creatures straining against their leashes.

They were at the register now, but she didn’t recall walking over here, who had controlled her to make her follow and move so easily.

“Summoning.” Baliquis echoed as she pulled out her own money and smiled at the cashier, giving her the currency from her own funds she put aside for this, “Keep your funds; it’s on me.” The cashier smiled politely and rand Isa up before Baliquis smiled, took the receipt from the cashier, and handed it off to Isa, “I want to be the type of person who keeps her word, So let’s look into the summoning if you don’t mind…I always was to look into new techniques, and I always want to learn.”

[ WC: 859 ] [ TWC: 3,455 ]

Last edited by Baliquis on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed TWC calculation error, 1-18-2023)

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Baliquis
Citizen

Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:22 pm
“Err, well...” Isaribi looked around, “Maybe we should talk about this outside.” In all candid honesty, Baliquis hadn’t considered their surroundings, so perhaps that’s what had put her friend on edge. The fact that she was talking about this so openly and not entirely concerning herself with the fact they were in public or that there were other people around her. Perhaps it was because she was never concerned with talking about how she liked in the Temple, as no one was bold enough to test her within the walls of her own kingdom.

Manipulating them and pulling their strings just went to go and show how well she had learned to work within her own walls. She had not considered that there could be a risk to her foundation among the masses of Hoshigakure’s public. Oh, how serendipitous to be her- at the height of power in a small, isolated corner of the world and yet a complete no one outside of it. She needed that smokescreen as much as she needed to remember how thin and fragile its continuance was.

Once everything was paid for, Baliquis followed Isaribi out as she pushed the flatbed cart with her newly acquired furnishings, pushing it to a corner of the parking lot. As things grew more secluded, Bali noticed there were fewer people around. For a very moment, a thought crossed her mind- ‘OH, Am I going to get murdered here?’ - She felt the tiniest bit of thrills when her mind recognized she could die and no longer have to be bothered with the back-alley politics behind the scenes of the play. Then concern washed those thoughts away. Concern over why she was thinking that way in the first place.

“Anyway, summoning. Like this.” Isa said and bent down to the ground, then put her hand on the asphalt pavement- strange symbols extended out from her hand and across the ground. Then they connected and vanished with a light puff of smoke- then revealed a bird.

“Really? Summoning me to transport human furniture? Surely, you must be joking.” The creature said but internally? Baliquis was mortified. Did it talk? It fucking talked? Like- It talked like Izayumi’s dragon. That’s what she did? She used this- summoning technique black magic- to bring that dragon out. Did she have the same ability to do so? What else could this magic that was ‘chakra’ do?

“Just like, get it done, man. This is supposed to be a stealth thing, which is why I picked you over, ya know, that OTHER guy.” Isa said, and the creature sighed, then took charge of the plastic-wrapped furniture bundle. It flew off, and then Isa sighed and turned to her, “Like that, see? We can form similar blood contracts with each other, which will let us bring the other to our side instantly. Uh, there might be issues with distance and location in the long term, but I dunno if that really applies to us.” Baliquis realized that now, “It’s an option if you’re up for it. I can call Kishibe back here and have him bring whatever materials we need with him. We should probably agree on a set of ground rules to agree on for summoning before entering into anything like this, though, right?”

Issues with the location and distance not being an issue? OH- That transporting Isa did when they went fought that creature in the air-right. Whatever abilities she had could supersede that. This would be good. “Yes, Have Kishibe bring whatever we need. I don’t mind.” Baliquis said and smiled,

“I suppose from my end the only ground rules I’d like there to be is maybe if we debriefed each other of the situation going on after there is a summon- and if you could not summon me in a way where I am not in immediate danger after being summoned- for example, if you could not summon me in some type of body of water, I would appreciate that.” Bali said, “Otherwise, I’m open to whatever you had in mind.”

[ WC: 679 ][ TWC : 4,134 ]

Last edited by Baliquis on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed TWC calculation error, 1-18-2023)

Baliquis
Citizen

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:18 pm

The red bird returned, and Baliquis wondered if she was on the same path as her sister. That dragon wasn't something you just found in the wild. Was it something she found and chained to herself by the contract Baliquis planned to sign?

Was that how Izayumi found the father of her children? Was he just some creature wandering the wilds like a ghost until she appeared and lured it in? Baliquis wondered if some song or hymn pulled the creature in, but she would never know now. Perhaps it was because she was too scared to ask her sister's spirit for an answer. How would that conversation even begin?

As Bali wondered this, she watched the bird touch down with an elegant wooden box containing writing tools and paper. She watched as the bird wrote on the paper to make the contract they would be signing.

[ The summoner is to inform the summoned of the context and circumstances into which they were summoned as soon as possible after summoning.

The summoner is not to summon the other into situations of direct danger or harm.

Upon joint consensus and agreement, the summoners can adjust these terms as they please. ]

Then the red bird grabbed the paper and flew up to Baliquis so she could read it closer, "Look good to you?" Isaribi asked. "I, uh, kinda can't read, like at all, so..." So there really was someone out there that was just like her sister, Ikazuchi? Someone who couldn't read the written word? Baliquis smiled,

"Neither can my older sister, Ikazuchi, who is much older than me." Baliquis said, "However, not all can be told by words; some things must be experienced and seen. I will be attempting to teach her how to read soon; if you want to, I could include you."

"However, I will never hold it against you for knowing your flaws as long as you strive to work on them, Isa, Nor anyone. I hope this contract allows you to see the reassurance I am trying to give you, to show you I  am stead-fastly behind you and support you." Baliquis said and looked down at her hands, then proceeded to put her left forefinger nail into the soft fingertip pad of her right hand's forefinger. She applied pressure from her left hand's fingertip and its nail into the right finger pad. She pierced the skin before she tugged the nail downwards and pulled her left-hand way as her plan became complete- the pad of her right finger was pierced, and blood rushed to the surface to try and repair the wound as it bubbled up in a slow, ever-growing orb of smooth crimson. Baliquis looked at the contract, grabbed the paper with her left hand, pulled it taunt behind on the left-hand side to hold steady between her and the bird, and put her right finger to the page.

She signed her name in blood as it was known here. Nozomi “Baliquis” Hozuki.

Post Word Count

Total Word Count

Tagged

@Isaribi

Baliquis
Citizen

Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:47 pm

As it came to Isaribi’s turn to sign, Baliquis stood by and observed as she bit down on her finger to draw blood, but when she put her finger to the paper? She signed an ‘X’ on the paper. So… she couldn’t write either? The more time Baliquis spent with Isa, the more she resembled Yukihime. Or rather, the more she reminded Baliquis of her elder sister.

The bird then vanished in a burst of light, and internally, once more, Baliquis found herself awed and horrified by the depths of shinobi witchcraft. Their animal companions could just- appear and disappear? How terrifyingly convenient for them. How utterly troublesome for her. What if she corners one, and it just pulled out something much more ferocious than a back-talking bird? Baliquis would find it all too easy to admit she would be having difficulty holding off something like that.

“Okay,” Isa said and pulled out a bandage from the pack around her waist before wrapping it around her finger, “Okay, it worked. We should be able to summon each other. With a little bit of work, I think I might be able to bring you as far as other countries. Hell, maybe even other d-” She stopped herself and frowned while Baliquis raised an eyebrow. Was she going to continue, or was she just going to stay there? "Err, anyways. It's done now. Easy as that."  Isa finished, and Baliquis offered,

“I hope you do not feel offended by my offering to teach you how to read and write- as I mentioned, my older sister cannot do either; I think she would like the company in the classroom,” Bali said before looking around as she had not bought anything and wasn’t sure if the team of movers had finished yet,

“You mentioned going to a flower park; I’ve never been, but why don’t we try to find one and take a stroll?” Bali offered and smiled behind her mask, “It would be nice if I could see a physical flower compared to what I have seen in books.”

Post Word Count

Total Word Count

Baliquis
Citizen

Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:03 pm

As Baliquis wondered if the other girl would accept her offer because she knew it may come off as elitist or condescending but then- "Uh, wow. Thanks. I'd really like that." Isaribi said and Baliquis smiled at the prospect of introducing her friend to her sister. "Oh, right." Isaribi pulled a map out of one of her back pockets, unrolling it and Baliquis stepped closer to look at the map and make sure she could see it as well,

"We can only take the tram part of the way there, and after that, it's a walk north. I think it's worth our time, though?" Isa said and Baliquis smiled, nodding,

“What an excellent idea; I don’t mind traveling or walking- I am concerned a bit about the food you were making, it won’t go bad if we are away too long, will it?” Baliquis asked.

As someone who had never made her own food before or even seen food cooked before her, she could only make educated guesses based on what she read. Which made her look much stupider than she actually was but that was irrelevant. When Isa mentioned the flower park, the area she indicated on the map was a vaguely light-green marked zone that was relatively tiny on the map. From what she saw, it would be several blocks of colored ‘Tram’ lines to get closer but then it would be quite the walk to get to their destination. She didn’t particularly mind walking but she was happy to spend time with Isa, however, she did take a moment to mention,

“I have been told that I need to…speak up on certain subjects.” Bali said before she concluded, “I also wanted to advise you that I am enjoying myself immensely while spending time with you; so thank you, Isa.”

Post Word Count

Total Word Count

Tagged

@Isaribi Uchiha

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum