Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
A Late Night DipToday at 12:48 amAkabayashi TerumiJunko TsukikoYesterday at 11:48 pmJunko TsukikoMissing Merchant (Mission)Yesterday at 11:24 pmShiru IyasuJun TsukikoYesterday at 9:22 pmHimari HyuugaKiko TsukikoYesterday at 9:21 pmHimari HyuugaTea Appreciation WeekYesterday at 2:28 pmShiru IyasuLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 4:01 amJunko TsukikoKirigakure Training Facilities: Speed TrainingYesterday at 1:57 amRyusame NamitoA proeminent citizen of the MoonYesterday at 12:36 amRyuki UchihaTo SatelliteSat May 11, 2024 11:27 pmHanzo Uchiha
Top posting users this month
31 Posts - 25%
25 Posts - 20%
17 Posts - 14%
13 Posts - 11%
10 Posts - 8%
8 Posts - 7%
7 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 3%
4 Posts - 3%
4 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Oriton
Oriton
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

A Loser's Redemption - Page 2 Empty Re: A Loser's Redemption

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm
Once again, his answer wasn't sufficient. He went to speak again, but it was far from late. His feet went out from underneath him, and he began to plummet. His arms would start to flail, reaching out to grab anyone, anything. He clenched his eyes shut, not wanting to see his demise, dying while knowing that his career had ended before it even started. A sudden stop left him sprawling. It wasn't as if he had fallen, but the little push was enough to jolt him. He grasped onto his Kage's forearm if his life depended on it, and with the current situation, it did.

His chest expanded and deflated as he breathed heavily from the death-defying encounter. He continued to look into Xyxer's eyes as he held him at his mercy, any movement would send him to his inevitable death.

"M-Mizukage," He gasped. As if nothing happened, the man continued with his "lesson." Even if such an event was occurring, Oriton took in every word. It seemed as if he was hyper-focused on the man, maybe because he was aware of how wise such a powerful shinobi could be, or because his life was in Xyxer's palms.

He wasn't sure how he did it, but the boy took a deep breath. "What drives people in their being? The fear of death," He bit his tongue, trying not to irk the kage accidentally, "My aspirations are that of a savior, someone who can save when being needed and to kill when tasked. I want to become a better shinobi, not for myself, but everyone around me that I hold dear."

The boy's eyes drifted down to the trees and grass that lay what seemed like a thousand meters below him, "In a world like this everyone perishes. There is the always reaching grasp to hold on to life; nobody wants to die. If I can save one more life, give someone another breath, or take away the pain that shall be enough for me."

Oriton clenched his eyes shut, his feet dangling, slightly kicking out anxiously to reach some platform that didn't seem to want to come. He hoped, he prayed, that his words were sufficient. That whatever he could think of in his moment of panic- and weird sense of clarity would keep him alive.

"Yes I went at the fight with the intent to win, I didn't even think of losing. I would've risked anything to have earned that win and get more experience. I didn't have the power, the ability, and I'm going to do everything in my power to get stronger," Oriton's voice started to get a bit more emotional, even the most powerful men would be scared shitless with the situation.

"That's why I ask for you not to drop me, and I'll give every last bit of my ability to Kirigakure a hundred times over." With those words he opened his eyes again and looked at Xyxer, waiting for the final decision.

Redemption is what he wished to gain, if he plummeted or if his feet were allowed to touch the ground and he could go on another day; that choice is what the definition would mean to him and Xyxer.

Last edited by Oriton on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 352200

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:24 pm
Desperate fingers dug into the toned flesh of Xyxer Tadashi, fingertips turning white from the pressure they exerted in desperation on the trained muscle. Good. That was how Xyxer knew that the boy was in the exact state that he needed him to be in. Bravery could only be forged out of fear, and in this situation young Oriton was facing the greatest realisation of how unexpected mortality could be. So much as a finger releasing from him could result in a bright light extinguished.. the faint flame of a candle that was snuffed before it could fulfill its purpose.

Oritons words ushered an understanding on Xyxers wisdom, the views of a man that was able to bend a mighty village to his whims even when he was an ocean away. Safety when Kirigakure existed was a farce, at least while it was under the reigns of the instigator of the Blood Games. The boy revealed that his reasons for becoming a shinobi were not out of ambition, but selfless in that he wished to better help others. Noble pursuits.

The boys outlook was rather bleak, yet given the circumstances it was wholly understandable. More words of what could easily be self-motivation came from the blue haired shinobi, yet it could all be a lie to try and convince Xyxer to spare him.. yet given the boys timid body language and his sudden outbursts when talking, Xyxer was inclined to believe him.

Xyxer had already started to pull the boy back over the monument, lowering him so that his feet could settle firmly on the solid rock beneath them once more as he finished his final sentence; the corners of his lips tugged upwards into an almost reassuring smile that he'd mimicked for so long. A hand came from Xyxer's side to rest on Oritons shoulder while glancing down at him, "I know you will. You didn't shy from the fight and while you lost, it was not a failure. You proved that Kirigakure did not run from conflict, yet right at it.. even our Genin are fearless in the face of uncertainty." A rough gem in the dirt to be certain, yet something could be forged with values such as these. A use could be found.
Oriton
Oriton
Citizen

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:37 pm
It seemed his profession and disparity had saved him — the Kage could tell that he was being sincere and wasn't trying to live just for the sake of living. As his feet touch the ground, he works not to stumble, but in the end, the Mizukage helped him stay still - as still as he could be with shaking legs from fear and adrenaline - with a firm grip of the shoulder. Their eyes met as Xyxer continued to bestow wise words upon him. The boy couldn't help but listen. It wasn't because he was afraid of what would happen if he didn't, ruling by fear was effective but ended poorly most times. The respect he had for Xyxer had grown. He cared about his shinobi, although his ways of showing it were pretty risque. 

No resemblance of gratitude came from Oriton's mouth as Xyxer let him live, he knew it was for a reason. He made a note to himself to not the disappoint the man again. Nodding, he continued to speak, "Next time I'll try better, and next time, I'll come back a Chuunin." His voice was shaky, but each word contained power and honesty in them.

"May I be dismissed, sir? These past few days have been draining." He would say, the energy in his voice and eyes fading slightly.
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:09 am
The boy requested their freedom from the peaks of Konohagakure, and for a moment Xyxer considered it. Did they truly understand the lesson he had just bestowed upon them, or was he trying to merely escape so that he could indulge in life once more, knowing he survived the encounter? A malign voice whispered in the back of his psyche, its words barely decipherable in the cacophony of buzzing and distortion that accompanied them.

Removing his hand from the boy's shoulder he solemnly turned his head back towards the village, nodding his head once to indicate that he can leave. While his vision ran over the great village of Konohagakure a scenario from history ran through his mind, one of a great Bijuu wreaking havoc on the denizens of this beautiful land. They once bounced back from destruction caused by the greatest powerhouses to ever exist, could they do it again?

[Exit, I'll do my WC after since I want to put it towards Shogun]
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 24500

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:20 am
Approved exit
Oriton
Oriton
Citizen

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:03 am
Oriton let out a sigh of relief as Xyxer left. He was hungry. Ramen sounds good as of now; he had heard that Konoha had the best.

[EXIT]

TWC: 2,500

Claims:
-  12 Stats
-  2,500 to Earth Element
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 pm
approved
Xyxer
Xyxer
Citizen

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:08 pm
2800/6000 words towards Shogun
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 pm
Approved.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum