Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Jun TsukikoToday at 12:16 pmJun TsukikoKiko TsukikoToday at 12:08 pmKiko TsukikoTea Appreciation WeekToday at 11:28 amShiru IyasuLate Night Customers!!Today at 1:01 amJunko TsukikoA Late Night DipYesterday at 11:05 pmJunko TsukikoKirigakure Training Facilities: Speed TrainingYesterday at 10:57 pmRyusame NamitoA proeminent citizen of the MoonYesterday at 9:36 pmRyuki UchihaTo SatelliteYesterday at 8:27 pmHanzo UchihaNew Acquaintances Yesterday at 4:58 pmCiel UchihaA meeting most unusualYesterday at 4:22 pmIzu Momochi
Top posting users this month
30 Posts - 27%
25 Posts - 22%
11 Posts - 10%
11 Posts - 10%
10 Posts - 9%
7 Posts - 6%
7 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 4%
4 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Dol Havard
Dol Havard
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

Missions [P/IO+Ren] Empty Missions [P/IO+Ren]

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:44 pm
[[We plan on tackling all of these missions, in order, in this topic.
]]

Missions started on in this post:

It was a bright and sunny day.
Somewhere.
Not here. It was raining.
Again.

Dol hated this rain. It was unnatural. It was harsh.
It ruined his ability to wear nice clothes!

Dol quite liked wearing a suit. He never starched it, as he needed some range of flexibility, but it still looked quite nice on him. Truthfully, the coat was the part he liked most. It was a brownish light grey, speckled looking. Pretty standard affair, but it worked for him. It was also the most restricting thing he wore. The long dress pants? Long sleeve button down? Vest? None of that really bothered him. He had worked in construction, dozens (sometimes hundreds) of stories above the ground, wearing khakis and a long sleeve button down. Ever tried to weld in a starched shirt? Does NOT go well, Dol can confirm. So what if his shirt is a tad bit larger than he actually wears? Tuck it in, no one notices. If he were going to something truly black tie, he can wear properly fitting, starched clothing. But day to day? Hand washed, hung dry clothing was adequate. The unfortunate part was the rain. Suit jackets look great, and they can be both breathable and still quite warm. They are terrible in the rain. Utterly atrocious. So while Dol did still wear one, he had on something else, too. Something less... ornate. A bright. Orange. Poncho. Dol hated the poncho. But it was the only one the store had had at the time, so he lived with it. It was also long enough that the only thing at risk of getting wet from the rain was his shoes and ankles which, while annoying, was must better than his jacket.

So here he was, in a building finally. A little convenience store. No plans to be here long, however, so the only part of the poncho that came off was the hood. He was getting a few pieces of bread, some cheese as well, perhaps some sliced meat and fruit too. After checking out, Dol walked to the door with his groceries. It was then that he noticed the woman, probably about ten years older than himself. She had several bags. Dol could see that one of them had a gallon of milk. The elderly woman was showing signs of trouble carrying the bags. Being the gentleman he is, Dol walked up to her and grabbed a few bags from what appeared to be the heavier hand. He had not taken the bags away from the woman yet, but merely made his presence known. "Let me help you with those ma'am. Where are you headed?"

She looked up to Dol, who stood a full foot taller, and smiled. "I'm just across the street," she said with that voice that unmistakably belongs to an elderly woman. Dol ended up carrying every bag except two, which the woman insisted on helping with. As it so happened, both bags were in fact Dol's, so for the duration of the walk across the street, they had swapped groceries.

"Anything else I can do for you, ma'am?" Dol asked as he put the groceries down onto her counter.

"Oh, nothing much, really. I just needed this stuff to make my boys some food. They're fixing the trawling boat today, and won't have the time to get food." She began reaching through bags to get some bread and the ham.

"I could help you out, possibly, or at least help them out. I've got a lifetime of experience in construction and woodworking. "  Dol had started unpacking bags, placing the items on the counter so that Dolores, whose name he had found out while they chit chatted across the street, could organize them as she saw fit.

Dolores smiled a bit before shifting her head towards the stove. "How about you put on some water for tea. I'll fix up some food things, and we can walk over so you can see if you can help." She continued on making these tiny sandwiches with lettuce, ham, cheddar, and french bread. They were honestly kind of cute. Dol went about starting some water boiling before inquiring as to where Dolores stored her tea bags. After being pointed to a cabinet, Dol selected an oolong tea while Dolores asked for a simple black tea. The two shared stories back and forth for awhile while she prepared sandwiches and he made sure the water did not boil over. Actually, he was making sure the water did not boil at all, just got hot (who drinks boiling tea?), but that is besides the point.

The two sat at a sun table (even though there was no sun to light it), sipping at their tea, discussing days past while waiting for the sandwiches to warm a little in a slightly heated oven. Dol excused himself for a few moments to take his groceries home, which happened to be just around the corner, before returning and meeting Dolores as she was about ready to leave to the docks.

The ship was a bit larger than Dol had expected, though it was far from the largest trawler in the village. The damage, however, was readily apparent. It appeared that the winch had been pulled off of the ship. Oh, and it took a fair chunk of the deck with it. Dol whistled, which caught the attention of the three men and one woman working on the ship. "Hey, mom," they all said while putting down their tools and walking over. Well, one of them said "who's that?", refering to Dol.

"Gwendolen, this is Dol. Dol, Gwendolen. He helped me carry groceries today, and said he may be able to help repair the ship."

One of the boys gave Dol a once over. "Seems strong enough, but does he have the skill?"

"Bardolf! Be nice. Dol said he worked construction for several years, as well as being a farm hand." Dol's hand retreated behind his head as a small smile crept upon his face.  

"Oh, let me introduce the other two. The tall one is Randolph and the young one is Wodoleah. Randolph and Bardolf are my sons, Gwendolen is Bardolf's wife, and Wodoleah is their child." Dol greeted them, shaking each person's hand. Except for Wodoleah who decided he did not want to. Kids, what can you do?

[[
Wordcount: 1064
Mission 1: 500/500 (1000)
Mission 2: 564/1000 (2000)
]]
""
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

Missions [P/IO+Ren] Empty Re: Missions [P/IO+Ren]

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 am
Rain... Ren loved the rain, true it was wet, it was cold... and a lot of people hated it, but Ren was not one of them. For Ren the rain was like a cloak, it masked his presence, made him stronger, and was just generally useful; and even if the cold was a problem for some people Ren liked the cold. It meant he could wear his coat and other clothes to help, in his opinion, cover up his appearance. Today was a pair of nice comfortable jeans, they were tight of course, but not so tight as to inhibit his movement, Ren thought they exaggerated his masculine features... which they would if he had any, instead they simply showed off how slim his legs were, moreover the casual sneakers that he wore were nice and comfortable certainly, but they were the most unisex shoes you would ever see in you life.

What Ren was wearing on the top half of his body was, if anything, far worse than the bottom, Ren had thrown on a loose fitting white dress shirt, one that was ever so slightly too big for him, of course as has been noted before starching a shirt makes the thing damn uncomfortable, and hard to move in, so the thing was, of course unstarched. Whats so bad about an unstarched shirt? Well for most people noting, for Ren however, with his effeminate appearance, a baggy oversized shirt like that? it managed to cover his chest in just the right way to make it unclear whether or not he had breasts, this was even worse when on occasion one of the creases folded out to make it look like Ren had minuscule breasts jutting out from his chest, something he had failed to notice when he chose the shirt. Somewhat more fortunately for Ren, he was wearing a nice large trench coat, with the inside lined with fur, and the outside a simple burgundy brown mix, the rain that did fall on him trailed off of the waterproof lining of the coat. Ren being Ren of course, he wore the trench coat open, allowing the wind to blow against him and also exposing his androgens chest; of course Ren's attire was no different to normal for him but the young man, being unaware of the effeminate look that his outfit gave him, would soon encounter numerous problems that would stem, at least in part, from that accursed appearance of his.

Ren was standing in the residential district, For some reason he had ended up being assigned a number of missions on his day off from the academy; Honestly it was as if the village didn't have more than a handful of capable ninja if Ren was being bombarded with a pile of missions like this. All the same Ren had been obligated to do the missions, and so here he was with a pile of paper, each detailing a minor task that could easily be performed by any competent ninja... and yet they sent the head of the academy. There were, as far as Ren could tell, three logical conclusions; First: that this was a trap or a test of some kind; perhaps the Mizukage himself had set something up. The first option, needless to say was the least likely; Xyxer Goyjin was many things, but prone to spending his time on such a pointless endeavor was not one of them. Option two was that someone in the mission assignment division was absolutely incompetent and Ren would certainly be looking in to that possibility, it certainly seemed the most likely and if it turned out to be true the fool was probably the one responsible for many of the genin deaths that had been occurring. The third option... well suffice to say Ren really didn't really relish the thought of dealing with that... eventuality.

Ren strode up to the first mission location, apparently he was supposed to be helping the elderly in the area; something about bringing some nails and helping to fix a boat? at any rate Ren walked over to the docks, "Excuse me sir?" Ren said to the grizzled old gentle man "I've been told theres a boat needing fixing over here? Do you happen to know where I might find it?" Ren asked the man as he scanned the docks and the surrounding beach. The bearded old man squinted at Ren, "You've been sent to fix it?" The man asked in an incredulous voice, "Now I know you ninja folk are stronger than you look but you don't look like the type to be doing manual labor all that much" The man said; "I'm not" Ren said with a sigh, "but I'm here at any rate, so wheres the boat?" Ren's eye twitched a bit as the man now started to chuckle, "We'll you see the thing is... The boats already being fixed" Ren's eye stopped twitching as his hand shifted ever so slightly towards the kunai hanging from his belt 'So it was a trap' Ren thought as the man continued talking "In fact a fine gentleman is working on the boat down there as we speak." The man said, nodding to a rather familiar man.

Looking down the docks to the figure Ren breathed a sigh of relief, 'not a trap; just an inept person assigning both of us to the same job then' Ren thought as he strode towards Dol; as always his training meant he didnt make a sound until he was right behind the man "funny seeing you here Dol." Ren said with a smile.

TWC: 931
Dol Havard
Dol Havard
Citizen

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm
[[Notes:
Bardolf & Randolph = Dolores' kids
Gwendolen + Bardolf = Wodoleah
]]
[[Ren:
500 to 1, 1: 1000/1000 DONE
431 to 2, 2: 995/2000]]
[Mission 3 started this post]

Dol looked at the motley crew in front of him. Luckily, they were working in a dedicated work area. This mean that the boat had been pulled in then lifted out of the water by two long, padded slats of some material with ever so much distance between them. Essentially, the central line of the boat rested dead center between these two slits, and the entirety of the boat's weight was supported by them. By these two slats, via a system of pulleys and counterweights, the boat had been lifted entirely out of the water. This allowed people to work at it from all angles, though luckily only the deck was damaged enough to warrant repair. There was other minor damage, but nothing threatening to the boat itself. This area also had the benefit of being roofed off, though Dol left on the poncho to protect his clothes from getting damaged while working.

"So, what all happened to your boat here?" Dol asked to the family. Quite spectacular to get this much damage to the ship without significant damage to the hull as well.

"You see, we were-" Bardolf started, but his son Wodoleah quickly interrupted.

"No one else believed us, so why would he!?" Wodoleah was obviously upset. Dol had no idea why, but... it quite likely had something to do with 'nobody believing us.'

"WODOLEAH!" Gwendolen yelled. "Do not interrupt people, especially your father!"

"As I was saying," Bardolf continued, "we were out fishing with the net down. Bit of a large catch that day, and suddenly the net got stuck on something. As usual, we cut the engines and started to reel the net in. Except instead of us slowly being pulled back to where the net got caught, which mind you should not have happened as that area was well mapped out and clear, the boat started accelerating backwards way too fast. We were afraid that whatever was pulling the net would capsize the boat and come for us after,"

"Wait, whatever was pulling it?" Dol interjected.

"In a minutes. Anyways, we were afraid of that happening, but the net was way too tensed to safelty cut. Someone was bound to lose their head if we had tried that, or at least a hand. So instead, we went into the underbelly of the thing and smashed some of the boards. Worked rather well, as once we removed the primary support and a bit of the deck, the rest went flying out. We started the engine back up and made our way here. Wodoleah and Gwendolen went to report the incident while Bardolf and I started on the repairs. Mainly getting supplies to fix it all." With that statement, Bardolf motioned over to a pile of wood and other bits.

"That's a mighty fine pile you got there," Dol said. It looked like well over what they would need to do the repairs.

"Never been one for building, nor my brother," said Randolph. "That was always our dad's job, bless his soul. We figured that we'd screw up a fair bit, need some extra. Were just about to get started with the first cuts."

"Well that I can certainly help with. I used to work construction, after all! Plus plenty of farm living. Carpentry was always easy enough to me."

With that, Dol got to work. He was the most skilled among this group in woodworking, though that is not to say the others were incompetent! Wodoleah was hasty and ruined a few cuts, but with his youth that was to be expected, and the excess materials meant it did not matter nearly as much as similar mistakes would have in Tenga. "Measure twice, cut once," was basically his mantra, saying it no less than sixteen times in the course of repairing the boat.

Dol was backing off to get a good look at the vessel after most of the work had been done. There was still some work to be done, and there were still some excess materials. Perhaps the excess could be used to do some non-essential repairs, pretty up the hull. All that was really left at this point, though, was attaching the new net device, which Bardolf had ordered rushed from a workshop that works exclusively with fishing tech.

It was at this time that Dol heard a familiar voice. "Ah, Ren! What's a guy like you doing here?" he yelled out, looking toward his acquaintance. He did stress the 'guy' part, as Dol wished for no unbecoming drama to erupt between Ren and the pleasent family.

[[
746 words
Mission 2: 1431/2000
Mission 3: 280/a lot
]]
[I tried coloring Dol's text, but... yeah no.]
[I suggest you finish off the 'repair the boat mission' by attaching the new net thingy, maybe doing some of the optional fixes to it. Only need 569 words to finish that one.]
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:20 pm
With a smile Ren walked up to doll and clapped him on the back. "We'll I was told a boat needed fixing, among other things and figured I'd come down and help; "Of course you would beat me to it Dol, you always seem to be where people need you." Ren said still smiling before he turned to look at the boat. "Hmm so whats the deal here?" Ren said turning with a smile to the man next to Dol. "Ren Tsubasa, A pleasure to meet you."

Ren said as he reached out to shake the man's hand

"Oh, Rather formal there aren't you" The man said, "I'm Bardolf, if your looking for something to do that net needs to be re attached." The man said with a nod in the direction of the netting.

Ren glanced in the direction the man gestured "Ah that should be easy enough" Ren said, internally however he found himself questioning exactly what he should do... 'I'm not really one to work with manual labour, that being said... hmm oh I have an Idea!' Ren thought to himself, giving the man a curt but respectful knod. "Right you are, I'll get right to it." He said before turning and walking over towards the roping, clapping Dol on the back as he did so. Ren picked up the material and, struggling with it for a moment, moved the thing over to the back of the boat, Ren then walked over to one of the younger boy's, and spoke to him, if you dont mind I just want to check something, when the boy gave him a confused affirmitive Ren placed his hand on the boy's head and quickly got a read of the boy's memories on exactly how the netting should be set up before walking back over to the netting, leaving the confused boy in his wake and began drawing a sigil in the dust with his finger. 'An easy enough trick, this should work wonderfully' Ren thought to himself as he placed the roping against the deck and connected it to the wooden flooring with a seal. "Easy as Pie" Ren said, lifting up the net and putting it in a neat pile now that it was attached properly... Glancing at the sun Ren had a thought, 'I should probably reinforce the rest of this boat so that they don't all end up drowning at sea...' Standing up ren dusted off his coat and walked over to the entrance to the inside of the boat, walking down into the dimly lit undercroft Ren and trailed his hand along the wall, tracing small reinforcement patterns into the walls as he channeled his chakra along it. To most people it wouldn't look like he'd done anything more than brush off a bit of dust, but in reality the entire boat was glowing with protective chakra. Ren smiled to himself, about to walk out and leave the boat when he had an idea. 'I could probably make this one of the best boats in kirigakure no sato and no one else would understand why...' A quirky smile spread across Ren's face as he closed his eyes and focussed his minds eye on trying to identify where the barnacles grew on the outside of the boat; he could sense their residual presence ever so faintly, and walking slowly to those places so as to neither trip over something, or lose his track on the creatures, Ren placed a number of invisible sigils on the boat, in order to repel any barnacles forming on the outside of the hull. 'That will make sure this boat never has to be cleaned, and it'll remain quick and swift no matter its age' Ren thought with a smile as he walked out off the boat and bid farewell to Dol and the family.

[TWC: 1580]
[Exit]
[Claiming Mission rewards for 1 and 2, and Minds Eye

Last edited by Ren Tsubasa <3 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Kai
Kai
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 12000

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:36 pm
approved of exit and mission rewards. You only need 1363 words to finish mind's eye due to this and the words already trained, want to fix that?
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 am
Edited, requesting Re-approval
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:51 am
Requesting Re-Re-approval
Jason Senju
Jason Senju
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 6500

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 am
Approved. Don't forget to buy milk on the way home, the kids are getting fussy.
Dol Havard
Dol Havard
Citizen

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am
Dol and the family watched Ren go at it with his work. When they asked Dol what he was doing, Dol simply responded 'I've not the faintest idea'. It was awhile later that Ren finished, and the family was packing up their things. No fishing just yet, they would do that in a few days time.

[exit, claiming rewards for the two missions]
[idk why it took me so long to get back around to this topic, that was sloppy af]
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8700

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 am
Dol exit approved, approved for 1500 Ryo, 1 e rank mission complete, 1 d rank mission complete, and 4 AP
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum