Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 3:51 pmAmikiri GuhinLate Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 55%
5 Posts - 23%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Clouded Conscience [P] Empty Clouded Conscience [P]

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:12 pm
Through the wall of mist, into the ruined shell and past the gruesome forest of corpses walked a boy followed by what appeared to be a large man. Out of the rotting village of Kumogakure strode Lucian. His torso bound in a white tunic layered over a long sleeve maroon shirt and accented further by dirt brown pants, Lucian looked out of place. However, it was not the genin's clothes that really made him stand out. No, rather it  was his stride, it had life in it unlike the majority of the mindless drones who called Kumogakure home. 

Oh, yeah, Lucian also had a large man of metal following him. Perhaps that was what really made him stand out? No, no, surely it was the spring in his step. Yes, that was it. No doubt. 

Even the haven that was the inner sanctum of Kumogakure, Lucian found himself getting bored. Relating with the people of Kumogakure was hard. They were all too patriotic. Each and everyone of them loved the village, it was a bit creepy. The whole village felt like a cult following with Youka at its head. It sent shivers down his spine-the whole village seemed fine the semi-dead bodies ringing their homes. The whole atmosphere was suffocating and frankly unnerving. 

In an attempt to clear his head he found himself taking long walks to no point in particular. The further he wandered from the village center the clearer his mind became. In fact, he often walked aimlessly out of the village. Pleasantly the landscape outside the village was not nearly as scarred as the the village itself. 

Passing through the gates of Kumogakure a fresh breeze blew down from the tall mountains bringing with it a refreshing breath of fresh air. The air itself came as a welcome change to the smell of putrefaction, which hung heavily within the village. Carefully rolling his fingers he kept the man of metal moving smoothly behind him. Over the course of three weeks he had become quite adept in the use of his puppet. Sure, he had not used it in battle nor did he wish to, but no longer did the thing stumble and fall like a drunk.

The two mismatched figures of Lucian and his puppet hiked slowly up to a mountain pool. The overcast sky overhead made the small pool seem to be crystal clear, almost glass. The path to the pool was well worn and would not be hard to find were anyone with half a brain looking. However, this did not bother Lucian. He simply took a seat in front of the pool right on its moss laden shores. Making sure to bring his puppet down to his side, Lucian allowed himself to slip in a meditative state. It was only here, among nature, that he could find peace. True inner peace.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Clouded Conscience [P] Empty Re: Clouded Conscience [P]

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:37 pm
Kasai had been aimlessly wandering for quite some time, gazing up into the sun, trusting chance to not lead him over the edge of a cliff. With his robes the ever changing colors of the sun, the large scroll on his back, and the mask around his neck, all bright hues of reds and yellows, he felt out of place in this darker land. The sun was the only thing familiar to him here, and so he looked at it as long as he could. It lead him through the village, and in many circles, however, after hours on end, he finally came upon a chakra source, likely a person. 

He glanced down for only a moment to ensure he would not bump into them, not wishing to be rude. 

Two seconds after Kasai looked back up at the sun, he glanced back down, wondering if he had truly seen... Yes, there was a metal man and another young man sitting next to it. It was a strange sight, Kasai thought. He assumed it was a puppet, but he had never seen one made purely out of metal. In fact, the only previous puppet that Kasai had seen had been used as armor on its user, and did not actually have an independent body. 

He gazed for a moment longer, wondering what these two beings - or one being - were doing here. The shinobi did not look like he was from Kumogakure, but he was facing the wrong direction for Kasai to see his headband. It took a moment before Kasai remembered his manners, and decided to say something, to not be strange and watch a man's back without speaking. 

"You too are not from around here," Kasai would say, tilting his head to the side, looking at the man.
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:38 am
A tug, that was all it was. Someone reeling him in from the depths of his mind. Shame as he found himself just settling into a meditative state. A well established habit at this point, Lucian often lost touch with his surroundings upon turning his focus inward. Naturally losing any amount of awareness in the shinobi world could be quite dangerous. Unfortunately blocking out the world around him was the only he could truly find peace within himself. However, all his preparations were ruined by an errant question.

Slowly opening his eyes the boy composed himself erasing any trace of annoyance from his face. Then, in a fluid motion, he stood up from his seated position turning on a dime while the metal behemoth to his left remained dormant. Lucian wore his headband loosely around his neck as he found wearing it around his head with a lack of hair led to unwanted chaffing. Without a word in it would become apparent that the wayward Lucian did not hail from Kumogakure. Rather the emblem of Funkgakure glinted shyly in the afternoon light as if were trying to hide itself from the light.   

"You are correct, I do not call Kumogakure home," Lucian said giving a abbreviated bow before continuing, "My name is Lucian Nazar, genin of Funkgakure." 

Wordlessly Lucian then inclined his head ever so slightly as a cue for Kasai that the onus lay on him now. The Funkgakure shinobi fully expected an introduction in return. It was only polite after all, a name for a name.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm
Kasai noticed that he must have interrupted the man that stood before him, as he stood and turned to greet Kasai, the metal man not moving. His brow furrowed upon thinking this, as he himself appreciated calm and quiet, and was upset that he ruined such a peace for this man.

"I am Kasai Senshi, previously of the Village Hidden in the Leaf," Kasai replied, bowing in turn. "And I apologize for speaking so abruptly. I can see that you were in a calmer state, which I have interrupted.

"If you wish, you may return to doing so. I only spoke out because you stand out, and it is unusual to see someone so unique in this land where all seem uniform.

"It is nice to meet you," Kasai added at the end, once more remembering his formalities, and bowing again, his hands folded before him inside the long sleeves of the robes.

He wondered what the man was doing here, but if he wished to return to his meditation, then Kasai would of course leave him in peace. Though, Kasai supposed that asking what the man was doing here may be a strange question for a stranger, so for the time being, he would leave his speaking at that, and see if the other had any sporadic conversation, or if he would wish to be left alone.
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 pm
While the man, who apparently went by Kasai Senshi, spoke, Lucian took a moment to appraise both the man' words and appearance. Kasai, much like Lucian, would stand out in a crowd. However, Kasai's reasons for standing out were much different. The man wore a brightly colored cloak accented by an equally strange mask. Was it an anbu mask? The genin could not be sure. He knew many village anbu wore masks to conceal theeir identities. Though, were that the case, wouldn't the man be wearing the mask? And what would a anbu from Konoha being doing so far from the Leaf village? Maybe the Konoha shinobi was not an anbu at all, maybe he was a bit eccentric? Lucian could honestly make heads nor tails. 

Yes, Kasai's appearance was indeed puzzling leaving more questions than answers, questions that would be imprudent to ask a stranger. Consequently the genin directed his attention to Kasai's words instead. Words were easier. One word stood out starkly above all the rest, previously. For whatever reason Kasai saw fit to reveal he had left the Leaf village. Lucian, judging by that fact that Kasai was both well mannered and had not ambushed him, assumed the man meant no harm. Missing ninja or wanderer, Lucian couldn't care less. People made their choices and the genin would not judge them as long as they were not mindless murderers. So far Kasai did not seem like a murderer and if he was then he was a special kind of monster, a monster with manners. 

"Do not worry, I was just finishing my meditation," Lucian lied smoothly. "Honestly, some company would be nice. The people of Kumogakure are industrious, but they are rather dull conversationalists."

Pausing ever so slightly, Lucian considered asking what brought him to this spot in particular. Luckily his common sense reeled in his curiosity ever so slightly. The result being more general statement than a question.

"I haven't met anyone from outside Kumogakure since my arrival here. It would seem people are avoiding the village." Lucian stated with a shrug. 

Not a question and not a statement, more a push. Lucian hoped he was moving the conversation towards an answer. Shame manners were important to him or he would have simply asked outright.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:21 pm
As the man continued, Kasai began to remember whether or not the place Funkgakure was familiar or not, however, he could only ever remember it being on a map, and not heard anything else about the place, though he had a faint recognition that it had something to do with fire. The thought interested him, and perhaps he would pursue it in this conversation. 

Kasai was glad to hear that the man was finishing his meditation, as he would have hated to interrupt. 

"I must admit, aside from the citizens, whom are stranger here than else where, and the deputy kage I have yet to meet a shinobi of Kumohakure. Yet, I do agree, that this place seems lacking diversity with ninja of other villages, where others might not. 

"I myself would not be here, though, if it were not for business with the Kage. It is a darker place here, and far from normal, and I find it increasingly more difficult to stay within the village itself. So it is that I wonder, though I usually do not look where I am going, so long as the sun is bright, I will follow it," Kasai said, in response towards Lucian's statement. 

"And, I am afraid to say that Funkgakure is new to me," he said, perhaps to hear more about the village. "I cannot recall the land nor the Kage of it, though I should expect it to be more pleasant than this land." He said this hoping to further understand the man who stood before him, though it was true that he knew nothing of the land either. 

Lucian seemed pleasant so far, and he was polite, which to Kasai was what every shinobi should hope to be. He also seemed to be a peaceful mannered one, or at least calm in training, for he too, like Kasai, seemed to enjoy sitting in silence to take life in. However, the man had said it seemed as if people were avoiding this village, which also intrigued Kasai. He had only just arrived, and though he had not seen any outsiders aside from himself, he did not know that meant this place was void of such. He wondered why that was, and perhaps would ask Lucian later.
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 pm
His village, Funkagakure, his village....How to describe Funkagakure? Would the details be too gruesome? No, no sugarcoating the reality of the Volcano village simply would not do. Lucian was many things, but an equivocator he was not. People needed to know what went on in Funkagakure, the good and bad. Sure, there was more bad than good however that was beside the point.

"Its not too surprising you haven't heard much about Funkagakure," Lucian lamented. "Despite being one of the major villages it has kept to itself. For good reason I suppose."

Self consciously Lucian found himself scratching the back of his head feeling a bit uncomfortable about what he would now reveal. Bring his hand back down to his side he took a quick breath and continued.

"My village, the Volcano village, is physically quite beautiful sandy beaches flanking hulking black volcanoes. The weather is always wonderful, sunny and warm." Pausing again Lucian prepared to drop the bomb-the true nature of the small island village of volcanoes. "However, the village itself is much worse than Kumogakure. Here it seems corpses are used for something. Sure, it is not too pretty, but at least it is something. Though, in the volcano village people are killed for no reason and left to rot in the streets."

"As for our Kage? I have never met him or her. Whomever they are they lord over the village from the shadows deciding to keep their presence a secret. All in all, its a den of evil: I suggest not taking a vacation there." Lucian said with a feral grin.

Not wanting to dwell on the evils of his village, Lucian shifted the conversation back to Kumogakure with a lackadaisical flick of his tongue. 

"Kumogakure, is, I suppose, much like Funkagakure-lite. The kage here, Youka, is an interesting man. He is by no means blatantly evil, but something seems off about him." Lucian stated matter of factly gesturing back to the village. "When I first met him he was messing about with that circle of corpses around the village. Ya know, the ones on the spikes?"

Call it a warning, call it what you will. Lucian hoped he was able to convey the nature of Youka and Funkagakure effectively. Since meeting Youka Lucian had had quite a bit of time to evaluate the man. And the best way he could describe the man was in a single word 'off'. Yes, Youka and all of Kumogakure felt 'off'. The village felt unnatural like it shouldn't exist. Like it was never meant to be-unnatural.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:07 pm
Upon hearing of the volcano, and the warm sunlight place, Kasai lightened up. It sounded like his ideal land. However, then Lucian mentioned the chaos and disorder, Kasai frowned. Killing the innocent, a Kage that didn't care, and a village without order; Kasai didn't like it. It was a shame, such a place had sounded like the ideal location to build a temple to the sun, but perhaps not. 

When Lucian switched topics, which Kasai understood why, he agreed with the statements. He decided to remain silent about the volcano land, assuming that one would not like to talk about their home, if it were not something to be proud of. 

"I know, or knew, the Kage of this land well, and I agree, "interesting" is the right word for him. He has strange methods, and tends to keep the goal of things to himself, only revealing them to people when it is necessary," Kasai said, thinking back to the time that he had been with Youka. Not quite a student, but also not a prisoner. Yes, "interesting" was correct. 

"I have not seen this circle that you are speaking of," Kasai said, slightly disturbed at the idea. "Though the though of such is a gruesome sight. What purpose does it serve?" Kasai asked, slightly to himself, slightly to Lucian if he had any ideas. "Though I suppose there are many dark strange things like that in this place," Kasai added as a side note.

The more time he spent in the village, and the longer Lucian talked about it, the sooner he wished his business there to be done, so that he may leave this strange place. It seemed to only become more strange the longer he stayed and the more he knew.
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:53 pm
"The purpose of the spiked corpses? I haven't the slightest idea," Lucian said with a shake of head. "All I know is that they seem to being growing some type of puss within them. Its nothing you want to be touching." 

"Though, enough talk of grim death and depressing facts. Would you care to join me for the second half of my meditation?" Realization flashing into Lucian's eyes he quickly followed up the question with a clarification. "The second half is more physical than the first half. One is meditation for the mind and one for the body. I suppose it is closest to what some people call yoga....." 

Trailing off slightly, Lucian spoke up one last time, "Or if you are not up for that you can watch. It won't inhibit my ability to speak and we can continue our conversation if it suits you."

Yeah, that was not too awkward, was it? Lucian had manner aplenty, but he did often feel a bit awkward in social situations. After all, his whole life up to this point he had been surrounded by family. Talking with family was easy. Talking with strangers, well, it did not come as naturally.
Takashi Chishiki
Takashi Chishiki
Citizen

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:55 pm
(My appologies for not posting yesterday. I was more busy than I expected to be.)

Kasai wrinkled his face at the mention of the puss. It did sound rather disgusting; puss always was. But why? He might have to ask Youka the purpose for such a morbid thing, though he supposed it was the demon priest's style. 

Kasai nodded when Lucian said to stop talking of such topics. 

"I would be most interested in doing so," Kasai said, responding to the second part. "I have always appreciated meditation, and your "second half" sounds intriguing.

"I do not know much of what... yoga-you called it?-Is, but if you will show me what you have in mind, I will take part. It will be a rest from this strange land."

Kasai took a step back to give Lucian some room, and then brought his hands together, clasped under the sleeves of his robes, making them obscured by the fabric. It was not meant to be a threatening position, though anyone whom fought him would think it is. It was both his resting position for combat, but also for nearly everything else. Fighting because it covered his hands from view, eliminating the chance of an enemy knowing the jutsu he planned to cast, and for everything else simply because it was comfortable. 

There, Kasai would either watch what Lucian had in mind, or listen for a response. It was nice, not fighting or sparring for once.