Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
TRAINEE MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working For a Living Today at 2:34 amKurai Tauto the illuminated land (travel)Yesterday at 11:57 pmAlister YamaIt's just Big meYesterday at 9:14 pmKurogane ShuraA Walk Around The VillageYesterday at 8:48 pmAkabayashi TerumiA Call to Action?Yesterday at 8:33 pmMonsoonA Meeting of BloodYesterday at 7:26 pmZraixThis isn't Fabled FolktalesYesterday at 4:47 pmAizen ChinoikeBack to the SpringsYesterday at 4:29 pmJupiterWhat's a Date?Yesterday at 4:18 pmMeika TsukiOni KamigawaSaturn's Bank AccountYesterday at 3:26 pmSaturn
Top posting users this month
241 Posts - 30%
192 Posts - 24%
184 Posts - 23%
32 Posts - 4%
31 Posts - 4%
28 Posts - 4%
27 Posts - 3%
21 Posts - 3%
19 Posts - 2%
19 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 18

Moth to a Flame (P,NK,IO) - Page 2 Empty Re: Moth to a Flame (P,NK,IO)

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Altar's face grew confused again, as Youta asked more about the Meigan, and handed him a book, called Bladedancer. Altar would open the book and flip a few pages, noting the various diagrams and pictures on the pages. He didn't understand much of it, but from what he could gather it seemed to be a manual or training guide of some sort involving various sword techniques. It also seemed to include some pieces from the writer's past. Altar would close the book, guessing that Youta's mentor was the one who had written the book. It was, however, fairly complicated, and Altar was unsure of it's use as a manual. Half the stuff written he couldn't comprehend. He would hand the book back off to Youta, moving to answer her question.

"There are a few Meigan genjutsu. They normally tend to revolve around keeping the victim on your side, or completely paralyzed. That might've played a pivotal role in her style. I, however, don't know any of the Meigan genjutsu. Genjutsu has never been my strong suit. I've always enjoyed the premise, but never been that good at it." Altar would say, answering her question and getting a little off topic.
Shojiro Shinkou
Shojiro Shinkou
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Stat Page : Stat Page
Mission Record : Shojiro's Valiant Transgressions
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Wind Remove Remove Remove Remove Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 pm
After getting the book back Youta listened to the boy's explanations, nodding once in a while. So apparently Meigan is capable of genjutsu, which means it is very well possible that Yozora's style could not even be replicated. Youta while considered herself somewhat capable of genjutsu now realized how little she knew of it. She was clearly lacking something to rediscover the Singing Blade, but maybe it was not just the ability, maybe she lacked the knowledge. For now the girl was satisfied with the information she gained, it might save her from meaningless search later. "Well, I don't think I'm much good at it either, really. But I hope to get one day." She would giggle slightly. "You seem to be good with ninjutsu though from what I've seen in the tournament. That lightning jutsu you did was rather impressive" It would appear that she would continue this line for now, not really sure why.

In the background Cael had finally caught the boar, his sharp claws piercing its body and letting the life flow out of it. His victory screech would bellow, somewhat interrupted by a falling tree as he had to evade it. A silent feast in the dark followed.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:32 am
Altar's gaze dropped to the ground when mention of his performance in the tournament was brought up. His cheeks would flush slightly, embarrassment clear on his face. He had been able to achieve the hit, sure, but what good was the hit if it had done nothing? Altar would return his eyes to Youta's.

"Ah, you seem very smart and sure. I'm sure you'll do well with Genjutsu. And as for the tournament, thank you for the compliment, but it wasn't all that impressive. It was a hit, but the hit did nothing. What's the point in a strike if it leaves no effect? I...didn't and don't deserve what the tournament was giving anyways. Not yet, anyways." Altar would say, all traces of his smile gone from his face.
Shojiro Shinkou
Shojiro Shinkou
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Wind Remove Remove Remove Remove Clan Specialty : Genjutsu

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 pm
Youta was slightly confused inside. "You know my slash did not do anything either, his hand and armor regenerated and I barely managed that either..." It seemed like the boy had a lack of confidence in his abilities, she wondered for a moment if that was because of the tournament, or maybe had a reason prior to that. In the moment of silence the Chuunin would hear the distant sounds of Cael's small rampage, which would give her an idea to maybe boost Altar's confidence. "Tell you what, why don't we spar and you show me if you are actually as useless as you appear to think you are." She would say picking up her blade and standing up. "Can you wield a sword?" With that she would take the second katana that had a strange symbol on it and rested on her back. Unless he objected she would throw him the weapon.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:43 pm
Altar's eyes widened a bit when Youta brought up the hit that she had landed on the ANBU. It, from her description, had been a hit, but he had regenerated faster than actual damage had been made. This did a little to make Altar feel better about himself, but it was an attempt on her part, and that in of itself brought him out of his saddened mood. Still...he lacked confidence in his skills. He knew this clear as day, but hated to admit it. He wanted, and needed, to be stronger, but he had always felt that he wasn't strong enough. He always needed to be better, faster, stronger. More agile, more fit, anything to improve himself. That was what he had always felt was expected of him, yet he always thought he had never been able to reach those goals. The tournament only emphasized that. It had only showed him as the lowly Genin, unable to keep up.

After a brief pause, Youta seemingly thinking about something, she offered a spar and stood up, asking if he knew how to handle a weapon. A sword, in specific. Altar would nod slightly, answering Youta's question after catching the blade thrown at him.

"I can wield one, yeah. Not great, though. Never been my specialty. Swords and weapons of the like carry a need of finesse that I've always seemed to lack. I can swing a sword, sure. But getting it to connect and be meaningful, all the while preparing another strike is what I get kinda handicapped in. I was once told to see the weapon as an extension of your body, but i've never been able to so that. To me, it's just a weapon, and a weapon is only as good as you can make it." Altar would say, before taking a stance and unsheathing the weapon, testing it's length and weight, and taking a few practice swings with it. During doing that, he noticed a strange symbol on it. Sheathing the sword again, Altar would look to Youta, a slightly confused look on his face.

"So...what's with the symbol? Something significant, or just some random little scrawl?" Altar would ask, preparing himself to fight in the meantime.
Shojiro Shinkou
Shojiro Shinkou
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:27 am
[The symbol is actually Shinkou crest - Abyss]

Altar seemed to accept the offer and caught the katana. His rant seemed like a long way of saying he was not very good with a weapon, so Youta let most of it slide, but the last part to which she responded. "As is one's body." The girl would observe as he made a few swings to get the feel of the sword, then after sheathing it again looked at her and inquired about the symbol on the blade. "I am not sure, it seems like some sort of seal, but I never managed to figure it out. The blade belonged to Yozora, so maybe it's some sort of heirloom, because other than the mark it has nothing special about it." She would say while taking up an opening stance. Shigure would slip out of the sheath and hum slightly before stopping still horizontally beside her, shoulder level.

In the background Cael had finally finished his feast, somewhat filling his stomach. He stood still for but one moment before shooting straight up back into the night sky again. On his ascension though a trail of white would be left, like snowflakes falling from his wind. This effect was one of his ability, which he decided to train a bit, not using it to full power, but enough to trigger partial effect. He would flap his glowing wings a few times to reach some high altitude, then just soar covering the area with harmless shining flakes.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:27 pm
Altar would sigh at Youta's response. This was going to trouble him now. Especially that he had a nagging feeling that he had seen the symbol somewhere before, but he couldn't place it. It seemed significant, but he couldn't remember why. Hopefully it would occur to him later, as for now he was stuck partially in the dark about it. He had a strange feeling it would come back to him, though, which helped ease his mind on the matter. However, knowing his luck, it would occur much later...

However, Altar didn't have time to think about that, turning his attention to Youta. As he did, he would see something surprising in the sky in the background, squinting his eyes to ensure he was seeing right. It seemed little white flakes were coming down from the sky, and what's more, it seemed they were following after the shape in the sky. It appeared to be... snow? No, that couldn't be right. Eh, just another thing to ask Youta about later. Perhaps she would have the answer.

Now turning his full attention to Youta, Altar would place the sheathe at his left side, the blade already out and in his right hand. He would begin to slowly walk towards Youta, at around a speed of 10. If she didn't react in any way, Altar would start to pick up pace.
Shojiro Shinkou
Shojiro Shinkou
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:44 pm
Before their fight began, Cael seemed to have began training his fancy flying ability. While Altar was captured by the sights, Youta put Shigure away and unsheathed a ninjato instead. Shigure was a very powerful blade and she did not want to damage her master's heirloom with it. Then as the boy began walking towards her, she understood it as a sign to begin the fight. And that was reason enough to start with a lunge and aim a thurst at his left shoulder. She would only go at half speed though, the goal was to see how good he was after all, not to just roflstomp him.
Altar Shinkou
Altar Shinkou
Citizen

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 pm
Altar's eyebrows raised a bit at Youta's sudden lunge and stab, as it seemed she was holding back a bit. She was moving somewhat slowly, as if simply testing him instead of actually trying for an attack. Well, Altar was not one to disappoint.

Altar would bring the katana vertical to him and spin his body back and to the right, allowing himself more freedom of movement, then clash it with Youta's blade and push it slightly away from himself, keeping his right elbow slightly bent and ready to move again if need be. Deciding that this was a moment for show of skill instead of actual sparring, Altar would move again, sliding backwards and gaining slight distance from Youta. After this move, Altar would bring the blade back down and return it to a normal position.

"Oh, eh, one more thing before this really gets hot and heavy. Try not to cut my head off or severely injure me. I quite like my life and body parts as they are, and i've had enough near death experiences for my lifetime and then some." Altar would say, grinning as he finished.
Shojiro Shinkou
Shojiro Shinkou
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:10 pm
Altar managed to deflect the thrust and then back away. She would not pursue, but instead regain her footing. As she stood straight again, the boy would speak, asking to hold back a bit. She would nod at his last statement, for she too had nearly lost her life once and survived only through a miracle. "Of course." Then she would get ready again, but this time she would let him attack.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum