Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Desert BloomsToday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Today at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Today at 1:51 pmDante HyugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchToday at 11:52 amMarabelle Blossom1,2, 3....Today at 11:52 amMarabelle BlossomTea with Youta, Z, and Dante Today at 11:52 amMarabelle BlossomIchirō Ishitoya's Mission LogToday at 9:47 amIchirō IshitoyaShiru Iyasu Mission RecordToday at 2:16 amShiru IyasuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 8:32 pmShiro HyugaBrutalityYesterday at 8:29 pmShiro Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 36%
11 Posts - 16%
9 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 12%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Roy Goka
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 500

Search for Lost Texts  Empty Search for Lost Texts

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 pm
Mission Info

At Two people the required word count is 1500

Another day, another mission for Musu in the great village that is Sunagakure. Unlike other recent missions that forced the Uzumaki Jounin to get up at the crack of dawn to a knock on this door this mission was volunteer based. One day, when the sun was high in the sky Musu found himself wandering the village after doing some training. The village, as quaint and peaceful as it could be, could get boring at times and Musu was looking for something to do to spend the rest of his day. Whilst walking around the village Musu found himself near one of the many ninja centers scattered around the village. These buildings were places that ninja could converge, buy supplies, and potentially find odd jobs and work to do; watering holes for ninjas that either needed something or had something to offer. 

As Musu approached the building he found himself gravitating towards the mission board that was posted right outside its walls. There were several missions that were available to choose from: One to help find a missing cat, another mission whose instructions were faded by the sun (one that no ninja dared to even attempt, and a few other Rank D or lower missions. While those missions were easy to accomplish and required little to no forethought or planning Musu wasn’t in the market for something so simple. He needed a mission that would give him some sort of challenge, not one that he could possibly get hurt or die from, but one that would give the Uzumaki a chance to learn something new or solve a problem that maybe he had never encountered before. All hope seemed lost for this challenge until Musu saw a mission tucked away at the corner of the bulletin. A minor village in the Land of Wind, Delsai, was about a two hours journey away at Musu’s current speed, and it was looking for somebody that could uncover some secrets in ancient texts. The mission informed Musu that within their library they uncovered a hidden room that held tomes and documents that probably have not been seen for many years. This mission excited Musu because they needed somebody to transcribe these ancient texts so that they could be studied, something that Musu was apt to do as an Uzumaki, but would still be challenging given the older nature of the documents he was going to be working on. Not only would this mission give Musu the chance to work on his calligraphy but perhaps he may discover some ancient knowledge there. Musu took the flyer down from the bulletin and proceeded into the building to accept the mission. 

[WC: 518]
After Musu went into the building he was given a letter to give to the leaders of Delsai that he was from Sunagakure. The letter informed them that the Uzumaki was granted permission to enter into the secret chamber of the library and transcribe the documents in question. Upon leaving the building Musu was invigorated with this chance to work his calligraphy muscle, ready to depart from the village for Delsai at once.
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen
Ryo : 0

Search for Lost Texts  Empty Re: Search for Lost Texts

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 am
Earlier that morning, Souji could be found asleep in his new room, given to him by Mizuki. The boy tossed and turned within his bed underneath the sheet and blanket as he drew closer to opening his lilac eyes. Before long, daylight pierced through the window of his room finding the lids to his eyes, such an encouraging way to wake someone. One blink, two to three slow blinks - Souji was now awoke. He laid there for a moment before he erect his body from the mattress. His hair messy and sleep still within his eyes. The boy thought about going back to sleep, but knew it would only be met with Mizuki eventually waking him, thus he decided against it.  'Another bad dream...?' He would say to himself within the confines of his skull. Placing his left hand to his head he would proceed to scratch it and yawn. Following after he stretched, his feet find the cool surface of his room floor.

Standing in place for a moment, Souji stared at the wall with a too lax posture. It was like a child getting ready for school early in the morning, he was stuck in his choice to stand. A few more blinks occurred and the boy's entire body shook as he released the last hold of tired from himself. Now more of himself he motioned to his door, but his eyes were caught. Something on his desk next to a few books. Curious, he walked over to it and found a note. "Did Mizuki-san put this here?" He questioned, but no answer was given verbally.

Taking the note into his fingers the boy would read it. It was address to him, it was indeed from her. It stated that he was volunteered to take part in a mission to help get a feel of how other shinobi of the village worked. Souji's eyes slightly narrows as he was completely against something like that, but as he read on it also stated that she would be waiting at the gates to collect him upon completion of his mission. The mere thought of her waiting for his arrival put a small smile on his face, his heart was tendering. "I guess I have no choice... Not exactly how I planned to spend my day, but if she desires it... I will grant it." He would then ready himself, first by showering and brushing his teeth. Second, he would practice his meditation as he aimed to control his emotions. The last thing that he would want was to have another episode. After a few more minutes he was ready to head out.

The note also states that he was to be accompanied by someone also. The gates was his next location to meet with said person. Souji was merely only doing this because Mizuki wanted him to "play nice" with the other members of the village, her words where made very clear in that tender yet stern tone that she always took with him. It was like compulsion to him, yet a welcomed one. He was more than grateful to her and her kindness for taking him in.

Now, the boy arriving at the location to meet with his partner for this mission. Souji lazily eyed around and spotted a few people. It wasn't long before he saw one in particular that stood out amongst the rest. While his hand were within his pockets depth, he took strides over towards the man. Stopping one meter away from him, to show some form of respect by not entering his personal space, as well as giving himself comfort because he did not trust anyone or thing outside of Mizuki... though Zaine was a hop, skip and year away to a close second.

"You there... are you waiting for someone? For a mission or something like that?" He would ask while looking the man in his eyes, simultaneously giving him an annoyed expression. The slight breeze of wind brushed his messy hair about his eyes as his black shirt and white shorts slightly rustled. He waited for a response from the man.

[WC: 691]
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm
As Musu walked out of the building he looked up to the sky to contemplate his plan of attack for this mission. The sky is clear blue without a cloud, birds, or really anything to focus on. It was just a clear, blue, sky, and it was beautiful. Musu closed his eyes and let the gentle breeze flow across his face with his hair faintly blowing with the wind. As he performed this pseudo meditation he felt truly at peace, not only with himself, but with the world as a whole around him. 

This moment of tranquility would be shattered by the voice of a boy, perhaps not too keen to be here anyways, speaking directly to Musu. Musu felt a twinge of sadness as he was taken out of this peaceful state but alas, work had to be done, and Musu bowed his head down to the boy to see the uniquely lilac colored eyes of the Hyuga staring back at him. The boy appeared to have just gotten out of bed and was still trying to get his bearings straight out in the blistering heat of Sunagakure. 

As the boy asked Musu if he was waiting for somebody to go on a mission with Musu gave the boy a confused look and began to take out the mission papers that he got out of the flyer. There wasn’t any indication that he had to do this mission alone, perhaps this boy was looking for something to do, and Musu pondered in his mind the use of a second ninja could prove very useful on a clerical mission such as this one. 

“Ummmm…. Hello there, my name is Musu, and I just accepted this mission out in Delsai. Are you looking for work or did you come here for somebody specific? If it's the former my task involves ancient texts and some clerical work. I could use a second set of hands for the job.” 

Musu would wait for the boy to respond to his request. Should he accept joining him on this mission the two would depart immediately to Delsai, it was a two hour journey from Sunagakure to the minor town, and Musu would remain silent throughout the journey unless his travelling companion would try to make conversation. If that was the case Musu would respond in turn to whatever Souji would ask.

WC: 391
TWC: 909
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 am
The boy's lavender eyes met with the eyes of the man before him. He went by the name of, "Musu...? Hyuuga Souji." He would respond, giving his name was to be an act of kindness that Mizuki would have wanted from him, or rather being respectful. It was made clear that the man, Musu, only just decided upon taking up a job and he wanted to know if the boy was interested in work, or was waiting for someone of specific traits. Souji sighs as he continued to hear him out. Shaking his head twice while closing his eyes.

"I'm here to lend a hand to whoever needs it. At the moment that happens to be you..." The Hyuuga slightly opens his eyes to give Musu a lax side eye, almost mockingly. "Luckily for you I have a set of hands... and eyes." Souji hid the fact that he was excited to visit some place that required searching text - his love for reading would only fuel his young body with the energy that he needed to set out with this man on this journey.

As the sky painted blue and vivid of all clouds, the boy only just now noticed it. His eyes would trail toward it as he inspects. 'Not a single cloud to be found, huh? Only means another damn hot day... just my luck.' He would think as he returned his gaze back to the man. Noting that he had a piece of paper within his grasp. Deduced that it was perhaps in relation to the mission, he had not bothered to release a question about it. That and he rather not speak much to this stranger before him.

Souji has trouble trusting people, that goes without saying. His demeanor and his interactions with them exudes his lack there of for them. Oddly, he did Trust Mizuki without question which would be considered odd, but not to him. One of the same, they are. There was nothing left to ponder when it came to her. Other people, however was a different story. Removing one hand from his pocket, right, he would stroke his chin. Wondering of what he could find at this place. What sort of books were there or even better - cooking recipes. His face lightly lit up from the anticipation that was boiling within him. He thoroughly enjoyed cooking and reading about unique tips to better a meal. Getting out of bed was sure to be well worth it.

"I'm against standing around when there is work to be done... let's get a move on, the quicker the better. My moth- uh, Mizuki-san will be picking me up at rhe gate upon our return.. so I don't want her waiting longer than she has to because we are not being proactive." A subtle slip of the tongue, intercepted by swift acknowledgement. He would not waste further time as he would motion off towards the passage that led out of the village. Taking his time to give Musu the opening that he would need to catch up and lead the way.

Souji was not against following the chain of command, he is distant, not foolish. As a genius of his clan and studies, he knows how to observe a person, inside and out. He knows how to learn from someone without their teachings being intentional. He would learn much from this mission as he would study this, Musu, as made their way to their destination. His right hand would slip back into his pocket as he would now maintain a steady stride two meters from Musu along the way. His reasoning for creating space was to comfort himself, no other reason. His past was cruel and conditioned. The man may learn of this one day in the distant future, but not today. He would only have to trust that the boy was not suggesting anything by it.

The sand under his feet warmed his toes as it found its way into his shoe. The heat only reminded him of the pending rays of the sun that would beat down over him like a cruel mistress upon her slaves. He was not looking forward to this journey now that he was out of the village's unique cooling. This reminded him - "Hey, just where and how far are we traveling?" he asked, hoping that it was less than an hour to get there. His lilac eyes dancing over the sands and the dunes along the path that they traveled. This reminded him of his venturing to this village, Sunagakure, the desert seemed never ending and he honestly thought that he would have never found it. It wasn't until he relied on the use of his Byakugan to expand his line of sight and search for the village.

That was how he happened across it, that and gain directions from a clerk near the river village, where he purchases his weapon pouches and items of arsenal. Few of which are questionable, but seem to be interesting enough for him to make the purchase. Souji would glance over to Musu for a few seconds and then revert his eyes back along the path he was walking. The air was fresh, yet held a taste of sand within it. He thought to himself that he would need to invest in a mask to filter that unwanted taste. 

But of course that would need money... He would only see the benefit of this mission helping him out further with his shortcomings. He didn't even know the rank of this one, to his assumption it must be low, but then again. 'He said ancient texts and cleric work, right? That requires more than E or D rank. Considering the note that Mizuki left for me, it was volunteered work, she wouldn't send me to do a C rank mission with some strangers... I wouldn't be able to tolerate someone I don't know of something so basic. So it has to be either B, A or S.. wait, scratching S as a possibility out, too under armed and of man power. So its really between B and A... I cannot determine which of the two it is, either way its pretty important and will give me some experience along the way.' His thought process was lengthy, but somewhat accurate. Proof of his high IQ for someone of his age, 13. All the more reason from him to better hone himself as a shinobi to help those of importance to him. Not only is he an inheritor of the Hyuuga's Byakugan, he is also a vessel of great intelligence and skill. Souji will be a force upon growing and laying roots within Sunagakure, that was for certain. 

[WC: 1,125
Total WC: 1,816]
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:19 pm
Musu would give the young boy a deep bow as he revealed his name, Hyuga Souji, and continued to give the Uzumaki attention. To be fair, Musu did not really know much about the Hyuga clan, only what he had learned in his readings of the old clans of Konohagakure, and the Hyuga clan were given a place of honor within the old village, similar to that of the Uzumaki clan. 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Souji”

Musu would return to his standing posture after his bow and continue to listen to Souji respond to his question about work. Souji stated that he wasn’t here for anyone in particular and even gave Musu a sly remark about having hands and eyes. Musu gave the boy a short grin as he said that. There was clearly something off about Souji and his demaneor, his attitude gave Musu a sense that he wasn’t completely forthcoming, and he seemed to have this rebellious nature about him. Was he here against his will? Did he want to be doing something else? Is Souji looking for something or an opportunity coming here? Regardless of what the answer was Musu would look down to the boy and ponder for a moment. Gazing at the boy's lilac eyes gave Musu insight into his chakra levels, almost on par with Musu’s, and still with room to develop. This boy was going to be a powerful ninja one day or at least one with an abnormally high chakra signature. At this point Musu’s ego would kick in. As a Jounin of this village now it was his duty and obligation to help develop the next generation of ninja. Bringing Souji on with a mission like this could be a way for Musu to do just that. 

“Luckily for you I only require two hands and two legs to assist me today, so you got the job, and as long as you pull your weight I'll split the reward money 50/50. Our travels take us to Delsai. So let's get a move on” Musu would say, ushering the boy towards the gates of Sunagakure and outwards.

“And for the record Souji, it’s damn hot out here today, and I’d prefer not to get burned alive, so I hope you can keep up.” Musu would say sarcastically to the ninja about his comment about the heat here today. As Musu and Souji began to travel at full speed towards Delsai Musu would be delighted to see that his travelling companion was able to keep up with Musu at his full speed. 
Beyond that it appeared as though Souji could even go faster than Musu, given his ability to still talk normally and keep a consistent pace behind Musu, this ninja was clearly something special, and thankfully for Musu his mastery of the chakra sensory would ensure that he could keep aware of Souji. 

As the two ninja were travelling, Souji would comment that Mizuki would be picking him up at the village gates when the mission was completed. Now a lot more would make sense to Musu as he revealed this. Musu had met Mizuki on a few occasions recently and the Uzumaki knew of her power. She had the ability to create rain out of nothing and had a chakra signature that even surpassed Musu’s. Learning that Souji had a connection with Mizuki made it even more clear that the Hyuga was probably a protege of some sort. And while Souji had let something slip in their conversation that maybe their connection was deeper than that, given the possession that Souji gave to Mizuki, Musu decided that it was for the best that he leave that alone, and let the boy keep his secrets. 
“Ha! Well Souji I’ll tell what my father always used to tell me when we went out on missions: I’m not sure how long this mission is going to take, I can’t guarantee your safe return, but my goal is to return as quickly as possible and in one piece. Do your part and I’m sure we will be done faster than me doing it alone.” Musu would say to Souji, taking a deep breath, and continuing on with his response. 

“I for one do not want to feel the wrath of Mizuki, she can be scary, as I’m sure you would agree.”

The two were silent for a while before Souji would spark up another conversation, asking more about the mission in general, and Musu would be happy to respond.

“We are heading to Delsai and at this point I think we should be seeing the town very shortly.”

Sure enough after about 5 more minutes of running at Musu’s speed the two would see the town of Delsai appearing on the horizon. The town itself wasn’t the largest village out in the Land of Wind. A few dozen buildings around a small raised wall of Rock and Sand. The two ninja would approach the small wooden gate of this village and see that it was actually unlocked. They would just be able to walk in and enter into the village. 

It was about midday and there were about a dozen small stands of citizens selling their wares: fruits, vegetables, meats, some household supplies, and even a makeshift ninja shop that probably sold wares to travelling ninja and the village guard. As long as Souji didn’t have anything he wanted to look at along the way Musu would pull out the mission papers and follow the directions towards the library of this small village. 

Remarkably, the library of Delsai was one of the largest buildings there. A row of red and yellow pillars would create a shaded patio before entering through the wooden doors of the building. The doors themselves appeared to be stained and protected from sun; far better condition than the unlocked village gates. 

“You here from the Hidden Sand?” A grouchy old man would say from an enclosed desk near the entrance. “I can always tell when you come through, you smell of the city.” He would continue. 

“Yes sir.” Musu would say as he bowed. “My name is Uzumaki Musu and this is Souji. Here are the mission papers to authenticate us.” Musu would hand the letter to the old man who let out a slight chuckle.

“Yeah, of course you are from Sunagakure, respectful and three weeks late. Come’on, I’ll show you what I found.” The man would slowly walk his way from around the desk and begin to take the two ninja towards the secret room. 

“I’ve been at this post for 20 years and from time to time I get the urge to change things up around here, you know it gets boring being here with very few customers, and this time I was moving some of the shelves and I found this doorway. No lock, no seals or booby traps, and I was just able to walk right in.” 

The three would find themselves near the back end of the main building where several rows of shelves appeared to be hastily pushed out of the way. The contents of the shelves, books and scrolls, appeared to be occupying 3 tables near the center of the room. The sand colored door leading to the secret chamber would be already open and revealing a sandstone set of stairs leading downwards.

[WC: 1234]
TWC: 2143
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 am
The sound of rapid motion in session between the twonas they traversed the path leading to their destination, Delsai. Apparently, to the boy's understanding they are in need of some help. Musu, the Jounin leading this two man group mentioned splitting the earnings with Souji, should he be capable of pulling his own weight... the boy gave the man a nasty, yet lazy side eye - scoffing at the statement and suggesting that he was coming to twindle his fingers. "You're concerns fall short of me, Musu... Worry about yourself, you can barely keep up at this pace, and you're the one leading it. I will do my part, anything short will be an embarrassment to her." He made clear. Continuing along the leading of the Jounin.  

The man would make mention of the heat, Souji yet again delivering daggering glares. Like he was not aware of this torturous beating that the sun was dealing out. Sweating from his brows as he would slightly smile for a few seconds. 'we agree on something, at least...' He would think to himself. The red-haired man looked to be taking moments to acknowledge Souji every now and then as they sprinted. Souji took note of that, he found that he multi-tasked efficiently. Though, something about him was...unique. 'Red hair... almost blazen.' He thought, analyzing the man - long red hair, fitting into a ponytail, pale tone of skin. He stood only eight inches taller than that of Souji, which bothered the boy because he noticed how he kept looking down at him. He pondered hard about the man's possible clan, only coming to one bloodline that he could fit into - Uzumaki. But there was a high chance that he was not of that clan, or any for that matter. Not wanting to cloud his mind with theories, the boy focused on what was ahead of them.  

Musu began to speak, this gently obtain the attention of the Hyuuga. He mentioned something about going on missions with his father, and sayings that his old man would tell him. This struck a cold nerve within the boy. Furrowing his brows as he listened. Hering his story out, waiting for some sort of similarity between the two, he was disappointed to find that there wasn't a single one. "Your father use to say that, huh...? Lucky you..." Sarcastically, he made it clear that he cared very little for what the man was speaking about. Souji had his full of father's and stories of them and he was not going to pretend that he was intrigued by anything in relation that Musu was putting his mouth on.

Upon hearing his statement about Mizuki, this snatched his attention immediately, the boy was fully attentive to every word that came from Musu's lips. "Scary? Sorry, but I do not know what you mean. I've never experienced that side of her. Just the opposite, actually. And I'd prefer that you watch your tongue when you are speaking about her within my presence...please and thank you." Adding the last part to show a miniscule of respect, as Mizuki would have liked from him. He did not take too kindly to any form of negative air about her name. He was that protective of her.  

Delsai... Souji had heard of that place not too long again. Overhearing about it as he and Mizuki were out for a meal before training. The name did sound familiar to him the first time he heard it, but now it made more sense as to why. Continuing his speed, the two would see the village erecting as they grew closer. Souji couldn't help but fix his eyes on all points of the village as they closed in. "So this is Delsai?" He words, as they reached the entrance of this place. It wasn't much to look at, but it was still something in its own right. Upon approaching they both noted that the gates were... unlocked? But why? He didn't question for much longer as they entered and saw that the people of this place were still carrying on with their lives. His eyes darting over from left to right and his right brow raised as he didn't know what to think of it all. 'Certainly a lively bunch.' He thought, following behind Musu as he lead. No reason to stop now, seeing as nothing grasped his attention. As Musu withdrawn the mission paper from his person, following its content precisely, Souji kept his guard high, watching the Jounin's back and his own for any and everything.  

Their path came to a halt as the voice of an old man spoke to them. His question left Souji puzzled. "You already know the answer to that..." He voices under his breath, annoyed already. It was long before he grew exhausted from the geezer's presence. 'What the hell does that even mean? "You smell of city." As if this is not considered the same.' He would think to himself. Musu responds give his and Souji's name. It was then that Souji got his answer. His eyes located him - so Musu was, in fact, Uzumaki. Interesting, so that means he is adept to Fuuinjutsu, the boy hypothesize. He would wonder what else there was to him. As the old man look over to the boy after that introduction, Souji turned his head away from him, but not before giving him an annoyed expression.  

Upon finding out that the village was three weeks late...bothered the boy, was that really true? Why did he even care? Following suit, they found their way near the back way of the main building. Souji scanned the room before them, taking the leading step to be at the side of Musu. "I guess this is where my set of eyes come into play..." Sarcastically speaking, circling back to the mention of his set of eyes from earlier. If Musu was a man of chakra sensory, he would noticed that suddenly Souji's chakra spiked as his lilac eyes glazed over with pearls and the veins around his temples began to bulge as they pumped massive chakra to said eyes. Now, with vision expanded to one hundred meters in a three-hundred-sixty degree radius, he could see all. Everything was voided of color, only volumes - black, white and gray. Nothing would escape his gaze as they pierced the very from - the very building.  

Intently, he looked behind every shelf, every wall. The ceilings and what could be hidden up there. His eyes beamed through the floors surface burrowing deep to what was beneath their feet. From what he could tell, there were a few floors, but nothing else. No traps, not wires not people. Turning his powerful gaze over to the Uzumaki, the Hyuuga would nod slightly. "It's clear." Those veins would relax and submerge as his white iris and pupils are swallowed by lavender ones and black pupils. Placing his hands within his pockets depths, he would begin making his way into the room. Keeping his ears open for any instructions that Musu may have for him. He was not against doing what he had to on a job, he knew how to cooperate when it called for it.  

"I'll be over here." Walking over towards the the table on tge left. Thow what he really wanted was to explore the floors below, but that can wait until this level is checked.

Jutsu used - Stats:

[WC: 1,244]
[Total WC: 3,060]
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:21 am
The conversations that led up to the pair of Sunagakure ninja would yield some unexpected fruit for Musu. Souji would respond quickly and with confidence whilst also attempting to be elusive. Beyond that, each response that Souji made revealed just a small bit of information about the young boy's character and what he could grow up to become. Such conversations between two ninja rarely happen, Musu didn’t really expect such sharp responses from his travelling companion, and he had to think quickly and critically about how to approach each one. Musu wanted to make sure that what he did or did say to Souji didn’t come off in the wrong way. He wanted it to be authoritarian but he didn’t want to sound like he was dictating the boys actions. Musu was not his parent and he had no intention of treating him like a child. Still, it was difficult for the Uzumaki to find a balance between all of it, and his responses would reflect the best way that he could convey his motivations whilst acting within the best interests of Sunagakure as a whole. 

First, the boy didn’t seem keen on Musu making it appear as though Souji wasn’t going to do the work he was brought along to do. The Uzumaki learned quickly that his travelling companion had a great deal of pride which would show if the wrong buttons were pressed. Musu also noticed the use of “her” which signaled that he may be talking about Mizuki again although he couldn’t be completely sure. Souji also commented about the pace of their travelling speed, which implied to Musu that he was indeed faster than the Uzumaki, and again made Musu wonder about the physical prowess Souji could potentially exhibit. 

“I’m sure you’ll do your best…” Musu would say, leaving it at that and allowing the conversations and travel continue naturally. 

Next, as Musu listened in on how Souji would respond to the wise words his father used to say. Whether or not it was intended the boy appeared to reveal more about who he was as a young man than maybe he anticipated in doing so. The sarcastic tone and lack of empathy left little to interpretation about his relationship with his father. In reality, Musu took offense to what Souji said, it was disrespectful towards somebody who was supposed to care for him and teach him how to live through life. Clearly this was not the case with Souji. Musu was going to snap back at the boy but then Musu recalled back many years ago when he was a boy. His father would teach him about the different animals that roamed throughout the lands. While some adult animals raised their young and taught him how to live out in the wild before letting them go, others would simply abandon their young even before they were born, and these offspring would have to learn the rules of the world on their own. They learned these things or they died, simple as that. Musu knew that both types of parents existed in this chaotic shinobi world, either by accident or design, and the Uzumaki wouldn’t try to change the boy's mind on the subject. Not to mention that Musu could not change Souji’s mind even if he tried.  

“Yes, Lucky me.” Musu would say to the young boy flanking him as they travelled to Delsai. 

Lastly, Musu learned just how defensive Souji would get when he talked about Mizuki. Instead of taking the comment about her strength for the witty banter that it was, Souji took it as a direct insult. In the eyes of the Uzumaki, Souji appeared to be almost angry that one would even consider saying such things about Mizuki. The authority of the Sand village held a special place within the mind and body of Souji. Such devotion to one person could be powerful and dangerous. In this instance Musu would say nothing back to Souji, instead inclined to think about what he learned from their travels internally, and letting that conversation fade into Memory. 

As the Duo arrived in Delsai and headed to the Library Musu would be focused on completing the objective rather than strain his ears trying to comprehend what Souji was saying under his breath. The Librarian also ignored the boys response, perhaps because he was too deaf in his old age to hear it, or maybe because he didn’t want to cause trouble. Either way the two would make their way to the doorway and it was here that Souji would make another comment about his eyes coming into use. 

Indeed, as Souji activated his eyes Musu would sense the generation of chakra at his head. Musu would turn around to see the sides of the bulging veins of the Hyuga’s byukugan scanning the area. Musu did not comment right away on Souji’s dojustu and once the boy indicated that it was indeed clear the old librarian would chime in. 

“Well of course it's clear I’ve been down there almost every day trying to figure things out. If it wasn’t I’d be dead. Look just get what you need and begone, I’m trying to make the space my new office. There’s torches already lit down there, I haven’t moved or looked at any of the scrolls, and to be honest I don’t care, just be quick about it.” The old man would say. 

Not wanting to cause a scene, Musu would respond kindly to the old man, and usher Souji to follow him down into the room. 

“Thank you, Sir. Once I transcribe the documents you’re free to do as you wish with them. We will head down now.” Musu would say to the two companions in this room. 

Heading down the spiraling staircase which was only a dozen steps long Musu would see this room for the first time. Torches would be indeed lit along 3 walls of the enclosed space, with a bookshelf that was filled with a few dozen scrolls would adorn its almost empty compartments. A small table with a couple of chairs would be centered in the room. Musu would put down his pack and pull out his notepad and inkpen, preparing for the work ahead.

“Sigh, now the real work begins.” Musu would say as he looked directly to Souji now. “Go ahead and pull a scroll off the shelf. Open it and read off to me what it says. Once you’re finished lay it on the table next to me and move onto the next one."

Should Souji comply with Musu’s request the boy would see Musu keep up effortlessly with what Souji was saying. Musu’s years as a member of the sealing corps would hone his already impressive calligraphy and allow him to write at almost inhuman speeds. 

Unfortunately for the duo, the first several scrolls would all be simply sale records of goods bought and sold by people in Delsai from about 50 years ago. Relics from a bygone era that revealed nothing noteworthy or held any of their value to people living here today.  

[WC: 1187]
TWC: 2330
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:43 am
Souji took notice at Musu's responses in exchange for his own. The boy figured that the man was either not expecting those words to reach him, or found them distasteful. Souji always had a poor habit of being direct, not anticipating just how harsh his words could actually be to someone's innocent approach. However, he knew the world to be a fabricated one - those innocent approaches we often masks for much more sadist ones meant to lower the guard. It will take him time to naturally discern between the two. He was just too traumatized to mold that ability just yet.  

Upon hearing the words of the older man, his curiosity made him a fool in the eyes of the boy. Despite Musu subtle approach to the situation - one that Souji noted, the boy would again speak his mind... "They say that fools learn from their experiences, while the wise learn from history. It would appear to me that you don't meet the requirements of the latter, nor the former..." He turned his eyes over to the old man, at the time his eyes were still active. "These eyes do not only see what's on the surface, they also see what lies beneath them and beyond. You could have very well walked into your own demise and what good would that have done? Any family or friends that you may have left would have been lost of a loved one. Do better old man. Appreciate the life you lead and do your best to keep your curiosity at bay." What was this? Signs of concern coming from the likes of him. This was unlike him, or it could be who he really was, or wanted to be. His time around Zaine must be rubbing off. Its showing a compassionate boy... even if its a bits harsh.  

Noticing the man beckoning him to follow after, the boy would turn to follow in his lead, but not before noticing... 'What's this..?' He thought, his eyes falling upon his clan insignia inlaying the side of not one but two scrolls. This erect a wave of emotions and questions within the boy. Why was this even here he would ask himself. How was that even possible? His eyes would dart over to where Musu and the old man were, neither of the two were in sight. Musu must have went on down and the man back to his original post. With a swift hand, Souji collected the pair of scrolls and secured them within the depths of his weapon pouch.  

Motioning towards the stairs that spiraled, Souji grew anxious to learn what was within those scrolls. Coming down he would notice that Musu was preparing himself for work. His statement reached him. His request was made of Souji and the boy gave him a subtle look. This was what he was there for, so it would be for the best to comply. "Sure, I guess." He replied. Making his way to the shelf, he would notice just how tall it was. His eyes blinked slowly as he was immediately irritated - further irritated as one of the scrolls were a bit high up. The five foot boy would glance back at the Jounin giving him the most infuriating glare. Almost as if he was pouting. This would have been amusing to see for the boy would reveal without speaking his hate for short jokes and being the height that he was.  

He would reach with his right hand after removing it from the depths of his pocket. It was a few inches out of his reach. His somewhat oversized black shirt rustled as he struggled to reach. The boy would scoff as he bent his knees and launched himself a few feet into the air, not too high to hit the ceiling, but high enough to be at eye over of the scroll. With a quick motion, blurring even, he snatched the scroll with and outstretched hand and retracted in one fluid motion. As he landed his shirt raised to his upper back, it would be revealed to the man all that wrong that could ever befall a thirteen year old boy.  

Bruises, burns, cigarette burns, cuts scarred over, puncture scars and even a branding of his clan symbol burned into his upper left back. His body has undergone years of punishment and horrendous tortures that would break most and leave many with a distaste of trust in humans. His father was a cruel man, though his methods were pure in his own reasoning, it was not welcomed by Souji. With each failure, he was punished and treated like that of an animal. This was not all for nought. Souji is a prodigy of his clan, a genius. He picked up on things effortlessly, but his father thought it could be even better. His mastering ig his style made him well known within the hierarchy of his clan. His high IQ equipped with his physical prowess would make him an ideal treasure.  

Overjoyed by his accomplishment to obtain the scroll, he was completely unaware of the fact that his shirt revealed his traumas to Musu. The boy would turn to face the man, motioning over to him. Reading all that was on the scroll precisely as it was. Setting it on the table, noting that Musu was effortlessly recording everything word from word onto the pad he held. 'This guy... there is more to him than meets the eye.' He thought to himself. He would continue with his task given, luckily there were no more scrolls that were out of his reach as the first one. Deep within their work he would take note of the fact it was a lot of useless logs. The boy was a tad disappointed in this finding. "Eh... This wasn't what I was expecting when I came along. But I guess its not all bad... I know the price of overseas dishes are now..." He would say. Subconsciously smiling because of the relation of cooking with this discovery. His lavender eyes would then fall upon the pale man with crimson hair. His tone would be a bit more direct. "Books, scrolls and documents are not something that you just read words in. They're also a tool to adjust your senses... That being said, I've noticed something about you. You play the fool very well, Musu. That's wise of you, while some may see you as incompetent, you're actually the smartest man in the room. What's that saying...? 'Sometimes you just have to play the role of a fool to fool the fool who thinks they're fooling you.' Yes, that's it." He words would reach the man, this would speak that he was paying just as close of attention to him as he was of the boy. Motioning back over towards the shelves he would slightly shift his eyes back over to the man. "Thanks... I've learned something valuable, because of you." Surprisingly, he gave appreciation to the man.  

Continuing he would look for another scroll to withdraw from the shelf. One in particular caught his eyes. The boy retrieved it and walked it over to the Jounin. "This one has a seal on it, from the looks its unbroken. Perhaps you can do something with it." He hands it over to the man, though his eyes brighten with anticipation. 

[WC: 1,233]
[Total WC: 4,293]
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)

Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:10 pm
The boy would do the exact opposite of Musu and decide to make a confrontation with the old librarian. Musu closed his eyes for a second as he cringed at what the consequences of such actions may hold. As the boy spoke his mind to the old man Musu would watch to see if the librarian made any facial expressions, gestures, or other implicit actions that could result in violence or escalation. Thankfully none of that happened while Souji spoke, the old man continued to listen to what the boy said, and made a deep sigh when Souji was complete. 

The Hyuga gave off a sense of authority, power, and ignorance. It was not that what Souji said was entirely inaccurate or unwise. Coming from a boy however to a man that was at least 50 years his senior however was a different story. Musu stayed alert and said nothing whilst the man was able to give a reply. 

“Ah, its always the young ones that think they know everything, especially ones from the big city, and they always assume they know because maybe someone was mean to them. They think it gives them permission to tell us “Old Fools” what's right and what’s wrong. I’ve survived long before you showed up here and I’ll survive long after your miserable shits are out my life.” The Librarian would say, although only looking at Musu as he did, and giving no direct eye contact to Souji as he did. 

As the three ninja began to part ways and Souji went to explore what was on the table, the librarian would come back to Musu and utter these words to the Uzumaki. 

“Leash your pup or I’ll do it for you…” the man would say in a threatening tone. Musu would look back at Souji and then give a threatening gaze towards the man. 

“Even Old dogs need muzzles from time to time, leave us be, and we will be out of here as quickly as possible.” 

It was during this time that Souji was able to gather the scrolls that he found on the desk. Such a feat was possible to remain undetected while the two older ninja were focused on talking back and forth to each other. 

While Souji took the time to take the scroll highest on the shelf, Musu couldn’t help but feel ashamed that he didn’t get it. Musu was clearly a lot taller than Souji but he appreciated the boy's determination to get it done.  As he succeeded his lifted shirt would reveal the aforementioned scars littered around his back and the brand of his Hyuga clan, the largest of the bunch. Musu would say nothing to Souji as this happened, for the most part not even caring about what he saw, and even went back to work as though nothing had happened. Musu knew that everyone in the world had scars and a past. He knew that some had an upbringing that would be considered brutal or even cruel to others. He also believed that things like that didn’t matter; like animals, humans earn their battle wounds and use the experience as wisdom for the battle that is happening in the present moment. What happens now is all that matters. 

As Souji and Musu continued along with their documenting of the scrolls, mundane work at best, Souji would stop and indicate that a scroll was locked with some sort of seal. Ushering the boy to hand the scroll over to Musu he would notice that  this particular scroll would be protected with a simple fuuinjutsu lock. After inspecting the scroll all over Musu determined that the scroll was not a danger to be unlocked. Almost effortlessly any onlookers would see Musu’s index finger glow with a blue chakra signature for a moment, unlocking the seal and revealing the contents of the scroll. As he did he rolled the scroll across the table and noticed that this scroll was indeed something special.

“Curious find here. Something worth coming for…” musu would say, pausing dramatically…

“This scroll is signed by people, probably ninjas, in unique ink, blood. Blood is normally the ink used when signing a chakra binding contract… ahhhh, I can still sense a feint whisper of chakra coming from each signature. A summoning contract....”  Musu would say to his mission companion.

WC: 726
TWC: 3056

Gogyou Bushuugi likes this post

Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 am
Not paying the old man's words any mind. Souji frowned at his senility. This was precisely why he did not like, nor trusted humans. The elderly fancy themselves all knowing because of their tenure upon this world, yet they only understand the glory days and wish to return. The old fool knew not of what was being said to him, set within his ways...arrogant at that. This irritated the boy, but not so much so that he would continue to go back and forth with the deranged. Sighing after the man spoke, he would look to Musu and acknowledged that this man was not pleased. He was suppose to be playing nice, so he would remain quiet and continue on with his plan from that point.

Upon handing over the scroll to the Uzumaki, Souji paid close attention as Musu inspect the scroll. He looked focused at this point, moreso engrossed. What was he looking for the boy would wonder. He was caught at a moments surprise as the Jounin's finger outstretched and chakra manifested from about it. Chakra visible to Souji... this made him touch his face with his hands immediately with a rapid beating of his heart. Fearing that he lost control of his emotions yet again and his eyes activated. But no, there were no veins protruding from his face that he could feel. "What is that jutsu?" he would ask, curious to learn of it.

Musu seem to be intrigued by this scroll as be opens it. Mentioning that it was indeed a curious find, one worth the venture no less. This submerged the boy's attention as he looked at Musu and stepped closer on to the right of him to analyze the scroll along with him "Blood? Why would anyone sign a contract in blood? I don't understand..." He would reply, eyes gazing over the scroll as they both continued to analyze. Musu would go on to further intrigue the boy by speaking of feint whispers coming from the chakra withheld inside of the binding scroll. This too would invoke a question. "You can sense chakra, Musu? So that would make you a Sensory Nin? But how is it that you can sense it from this scroll, I thought you would need a flow to pick up on? Then again, chakra is the essence of life... so I suppose miniscule traces of it can still linger..." His right hand motioned to his chin, cupping it as be pondered futher.

He would return his eyes back to the scroll, then back to Musu. He looked...happy. Was this man really that excited about learning of this scroll content, further more, what did this scroll mean? The boy would look over to the shelves noting maybe one more scroll there, this one was tattered. Moving to collect it he would deliver it to Musu, placing it next to him on his right. It was certainly more delicate than the others and Souji rather not do too much, concerned that he may rip or even destroy this one judging by its fragility. "This is the last one, that i saw anyway. It looks too beaten up." Expressing concern with a puzzled expression...perhaps this was also something that they came for...something that would interest the man just as much, or even more than the scroll he was already in. Souji, too, was curious to learn about the next scroll to see what it's content may reveal. 

[WC: 580]
[Total WC: 4,873]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum