Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 1:31 pmMegami KuogaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 11:43 amAmikiri GuhinHere We GoToday at 11:02 amAkki SenjuLife is a HighwayToday at 9:46 amMegami KuogaSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 4:14 amKiko TsukikoMerchant MonsterToday at 1:51 amHebiishi OrochiAqueous Transmission Today at 12:14 amKayori HatakeBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 3:54 amKayori Hatake
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Calin Uesugi
Calin Uesugi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 61950

[HFE] The Little Girl and the Big Bad Monster (IO) - Page 2 Empty Re: [HFE] The Little Girl and the Big Bad Monster (IO)

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:42 am
He would listen to her answer, obsidian eyes never leaving those of lilac. Prolonged eye contact made most uncomfortable, and the game they were in was one where every advantage was precious. The game of information was deadly, for such things was power in the world of shinobi. However information of his past or the mercenary life held no power over him. Which wasn’t the case for most others. It was for this reason that he was so honest with her, not only could he reasonably say that he had not been so rude to her if she was caught in a lie. Therefore putting her on the defensive side of the conversation, but lying was almost worse than telling the truth in a question. It would be better to state that they didn’t want to answer, before lying. For a lie had to be remembered, maintained, stories had to match up to it. It was difficult to get even one lie to work in a world like theirs, and the risk was oft not worth what it bought. “Interesting” he would say, simply, letting the silence hang until she asked him about growing up as a mercenary.

He listened intently to every word of her question. However he kept her mistake in her answer in mind.  She had done well for the most part with the exception of a single mistake at the end. ‘They’, she had used the word ‘they’ instead of ‘we’ when referring to citizen’s of Kirigakure. It would be one thing if the term she used was civilians. Those were untrained individuals that every village had. However to use it in conjunction with ‘citizen’s meant that she didn’t consider herself one. Any shinobi was a citizen in their own village. That was why they defended it and went on missions for it. It was their home, their refuge. Where loved ones resided. However she had labeled the citizen’s of Kirigakure as if she were an outsider looking in. He would utilize it soon, but first, he had to spring the trap with more truth. A small smirk would play upon his lips as he answered her question. “I was a slave for the vast majority of my life. I didn’t even know it either. I was bought and sold like a piece of meat, used for the most degrading of manual labor. I was barely fed, always thinking I hadn’t done well enough to warrant food. Eventually, a mercenary company led by a man named Markov bought me. I worked for them, carrying packs, cleaning weapons, armour, setting up camps, you name it, I did it. I was fed regularly, and was allowed to train with the men. Markov said if I was going to live with them he would get his money's worth and make sure I could at least survive. Seven years ago, on my sixteenth birthday, he freed me. Named me one of his men in truth, and I worked and fought with them still. I grew, and grew, I scratched and clawed my way up for more strength. Eventually Markov, and the rest of the group died during a job. A client had known we were coming, and laid a trap for them. I was the only survivor that day, for I turned those who killed the only family I ever had into ash, and spread them into the wind. I’ve been doing jobs as a lone mercenary ever since. Traveling the world, training, taking the jobs I wanted to take. Mostly anything that didn’t involve protecting a caravan of slaves, or some other such thing.” He would say, his voice never gaining any inflection as he spoke. It had been simple honesty, for the past held no strength over it.

He let any silence hang in the air for a moment, letting her work up any courage, if any was needed, to speak. The moment the woman would open her mouth to speak the trap would spring. “So tell me, why is it a missing nin, who are supposed to be the ‘monsters’ of the world, the only one being honest?” He would ask, cutting off any response she might have. “Here I am, giving you drink, giving you the means to dry yourself from the cold water, and stay warm, even sharing my food with your familiar. Acting as a proper gentleman should, and you lie to me? My, my, is this what villages are teaching their shinobi these days?” He would say, tightening the trap further. “I believe you now owe me some honesty Miss Hikari.” He would say. He’d rearrange himself into a more comfortable position now, one leg extended, almost to her actually, the other bent. He’d rest an arm on his bare knee, still dressed in only his boxers as he’d obtained the coat from his merely for the pockets. The garment laying upon the floor. It was simple enough to clean. His skin had dried long before, almost as soon as he left the water in fact. His thoughts would train to before, when she had turned toward her wolf. A flash of colour could be seen on her back, and he wondered what it was, a tattoo? Excellent.

Tattoo had two functions, in most cases in a shinobi world both were in use. They could hide a seal, the ink in the tattoo being sealing ink that could activated at will at a later date. Or held a deep meaning. One did not permanently ink ones skin without reason after all. Asking about that would give him information, and that was the entire point of the trap. “Your tattoo, I saw the flash of colour when you turned to Kuro earlier. What’s the story behind it?” He would ask his question, an attempt to leap to the heart of the girl in a metaphysical sense. Guilt, and potentially shame should compel her to answer honestly. However he would ensure she did, his mind’s eye would still be open, scanning the area for anyone nearby and more importantly in this situation, tell him if she lied and when. If she told him the truth, he could use the honesty, and the heavy feelings that would be surrounding such a question to his potential advantage.

WC: 1050
TWC: 5124

AP - 60 (Forgot to pay the past couple of posts) = 895
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : ~Hikari's Stats~
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Byakugan
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 75700

[HFE] The Little Girl and the Big Bad Monster (IO) - Page 2 Empty Re: [HFE] The Little Girl and the Big Bad Monster (IO)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:03 am
He held her gaze the entire time she spoke, as if he was staring into her soul and trying to see if she lied to him. After all, one tell-tale sign of liars was the uncomfortable shifting people experience when their eyes were locked with another’s for too long, since people tend to shift their eyes around while they spin their web of lies. Yet the lilac tinted woman did not do such a thing, no she stared right back at him with an intense confidence, never wavering or flinching away. She had one goal in mind, to stay alive, and in order to accomplish that, she had to become the best actor in the entire world, playing her role so well that she would begin to believe it herself.

She was taken aback by his single word response, putting her guard up in anticipation of what he would retaliate with. It felt odd for Calin, who seemed to be quite the talker from their brief interaction thus far, to become silent and not ask further questions. Hikari began to worry that she had slipped up somehow, in something she had done or said, but nothing rang a bell. She couldn’t pinpoint how she had messed up, which made her even more frustrated on the inside, for she was still feigning as if everything was alright on the outside, no signs of the chaos running rampant in her mind. He hadn’t outright exposed her yet so there was a slim glimmer of hope that he truly had nothing else to say about Kiri rather than having found out her secret.

To make her nerves grow worse a soft smirk danced across his lips before he answered her question regarding his life before becoming a mercenary. Her eyes widened slightly at the first few words he uttered, having never realized slavery still existed in their world, thinking it had only been a myth or legend of old. But the man across from her was living proof that there were still people crooked enough to sell and buy others for their own selfish gains. Hikari felt sorry for him, imagining the worst possible things he had to go through living as someone’s ‘property’ rather than an actual human being. It truly broke her heart, so much so that she had to break their eye contact, looking more so at his shoulder than his face, and gently biting her lip.

Soon she caught herself and turned her eyes upward to meet his own again, mentally cursing herself for slipping and looking weak. Hikari knew she couldn’t afford to feel pity for him, or anyone else, no matter how badly she wanted to inside. Despite the terrible things he had witnessed, been forced to do, and continued to do so because of his upbringing, she couldn’t get attached in any way, shape or form. Through his voice and actions, he had made amends with those horrendous things, so there was no reason for her to waste her time feeling upset over something he no longer was. Even if she could relate to how he had felt, the unbearable pain he must’ve endured losing all he ever cared about.

As silence enveloped them she tried to think of the right thing to say in such a situation, but nothing came to mind. Apologizing for asking would come off as weak, and saying she was sorry for his losses didn’t seem logical since he appeared to have already moved on despite it being the best thing to come to mind. Thus she pushed her negative thoughts aside and opened her mouth to give her condolences when she was immediately cut off from making any noise, his voice filling the air with the smallest sense of foreboding accompanying it.

Fuck.

Was the first thought in her head when he bluntly brought up her lying, pretending to ponder on why a ‘monster’ was telling the truth and not she, someone who should’ve had nothing to gain from lying. Then came him guilting her, listing all of the things he had done for her and saying in an underlying manner how she disregarded his kindness entirely by being untruthful. Her cheeks remained a slightly pink hue, embarrassment at being caught in her lie keeping the color in her face. Her grip tightened slightly around the flask in her hand and Kuro’s ears went on high alert, his crimson eyes watching Calin intently for any sudden movements.

She flinched away slightly as he moved his leg closer while he spoke of her owning him the truth now, while Kuro stood up due to the action as well before he sat down again when she placed a hand on his head, calming him down. Hikari had truthfully expected him to lash out, attacking her for trying to deceive him rather than give her a second chance to redeem herself. He was more of a forgiving man than she had initially taken him for, although the kunoichi didn’t want to push her luck further.

So with a soft sigh she averted gaze after he asked about her tattoo, the Hyuuga wishing he had wanted to know more about anything else besides that but knowing all too well that trying to weasel her way out of this would be futile, potentially even resulting in her death. Crossing a man this strong once was risky enough, trying to cross him again after being exposed sounded like she was better off digging her own grave.

“...It’s a memento for my brother, Salzem, as a way to always remember him. He was murdered when Kirigakure laid siege to Konoha by the cowardly bastards we used to call friends, those from the Leaf village...I had been too weak to save him and could only watch helplessly as the life drained from his eyes...” His past might not haunt him anymore, allowing him to speak freely about it without a care in the world, but she was chained to hers, imprisoned in the memories that constantly plagued her mind and nightmares. “Sal was able to transform into a large, white Lycan, hence the white wolf at the center...” Her voice trailed off for a brief moment, wondering if there was anything else she needed to say or if she could move on. Dwelling on his death in the presence of a stranger was not an enjoyable pastime for the Hyuuga, so the quicker she could move on the better. Mustering up strength she brought her lilac orbs to meet his coal ones as her voice was soft, “I know it’s not much of an excuse for lying, but with uncertainty about how you felt regarding one changing villages, I hope it at least makes even a modicum of sense as to why I felt I had to. Burying the person I used to be and wearing this loyalist Kiri mask is how I’ve been able to survive since the war now that I’m technically part of them.” Despite only changing sides to learn under the Mizukage. Kind of pathetic really. The words hung in her throat, unable to come out as she felt her cheeks warm up slightly at everything she had already admitted to Calin. There was no doubt in her mind he would laugh at her, mocking how she felt and the actions she took to become stronger. To an outsider, it would appear childish to chase such a goal instead of moving on like how the rest of the world could, but anyone else’s opinion besides her own was unwarranted and useless in her eyes. All she could do in this life now that he was gone was to avenge him with the chance of bringing him back to life. Anything other than those two things didn’t belong on her agenda, and anyone who tried to stop her would have to be taken out.

(WC: 6,844)
Calin Uesugi
Calin Uesugi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 61950

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:51 pm
He would listen, quietly, and intently as she told the tale of how her brother was killed by those she had once called allies, friends. A betrayal that took the very life of someone she cherished from her life. She explained the symbolism of the white wolf within the tattoo. He hadn’t actually been able to see the tattoo itself, merely saw a flash of colour upon skin as pale as new milk. She would explain that she felt the necessity of lying that she hoped he understood, and didn’t blame her for it. His obsidian gaze would turn toward the entrance of the cave, no one was there, merely the waterfall. He stared out at the water, listening to it strike upon the rocks. The noise was calming, soothing even. His eyes would soften a degree or two, a desire for revenge, no, a need for it, he could understand. “I don’t blame you for lying, I blame you for lying badly. I didn’t point it out to threaten you. If I hadn’t, you would’ve thought you’d gotten away with it, and potentially tried to fool someone far more willing to kill pretty women than I am.” He would say, his gaze still upon the waterfall as he spoke this. He turned it back toward hers though, moving them to look back into the lilac eyes she possessed before speaking again. “I told you my tale, my hunger for revenge lasted seconds, I was sated before the battle was done and all those who had wronged me had been turned to ash upon the wind. You however, have been starving for it.” His voice was calm, measured, and even mildly compassionate.

“I do not question your motives, but your actions. Joining the village that took over your home? Why? Do you want to visit revenge upon Konoha for it? Or just those that betrayed you within it? Did you hope to gain strength from your conquerors? Those that have more reason to see you fail than anyone, save those you do intend to kill. Do not take offense to this, but you’re a pup, who’s trying to learn from a wolf. That wolf however, will not allow you to become it’s equal. You’d become a wolfhound at best, weaker, lesser, not truly a part of the pack. Where is the one who would teach you now? What has he taught you since you became subservient to him? Anything truly useful? Anything that might help you obtain your revenge? Has he given you power? Techniques? Or has he just been dangling the carrot before you? Without true intent of giving you the strength you so desperately want, so desperately need.” He would pause now, his eyes mildly uncertain for a time before coming to a decision and nodding. “I would change that.” He would say simply, his voice certain. “Call it me having a soft spot for those who have a score to settle. Call it a desire to see how far you can, and will go for your revenge. You could even call it my like of pretty women failing me. Whatever you want to blame it on, but I would see you get stronger. To see someone, who’s been betrayed by the very village she grew up in and swore loyalty to. Gain strength without relying on such places for it. I would see you become strong enough to handle yourself with no fear. You may or may not be able to surpass me, or others. But I would see it as amusing to find out if you could or not. Hell, I’ll even help you obtain your revenge directly if you wish. If you intend to kill certain people from Konoha, you’d have to contend with the rest of the village too. The ants coming to defend one another. I could handle the others, while you took your revenge upon those who wronged you.” He would say, his eyes alight with an inner fire. A desire to show the village systems that their way wasn’t the only way. That the real world was the far better teacher than huddling together like livestock.

“To be frank, my own desires are to show the world that those who cling to safety in numbers, will never match those who find strength on their own. You come with me, travel with me, work with me, and you’ll grow. How quickly, how much, I cannot say, and will not lie to you about it. But you’ll grow, and you’ll learn.” He would pause for a minute, considering before shrugging a large shoulder and speaking again “And, for the sake of honesty, I have a weakness for beautiful women in general. That’s partially why I didn’t just rob you and move along.” He would say, a small smirk on his face as he spoke the truth. The chance to drink with a lovely woman alone? Occurring by sheer happenstance? Why wouldn’t he take the opportunity. He’d frown softly as a thought occurred to him though “You don’t have to decide to come with me now, actually, I would rather you think about it when you don’t have alcohol lowering your inhibitions. I can give you a seal that would allow for long distance communication, and we can keep in touch via that if you wish. Should you decide you want to come into the world of the wolves, and try to become a monster of your own among us. Simply contact me through it. If you simply wish to ask questions about it, find out more. You can do that too, if you choose not to, you can easily break the seal, or simply never use it.” He would think about it for a moment before deciding that was all he needed to say unless she asked something of her own. So he’d take another drink of his flask as he slid the fourth closer to her. He’d drudged up memories she’s probably rather not have remembered so early in the morning. Hell, she’d probably rather not think of them directly at all if she could help it. So the least he could do was offer the last flask to her as a silent apology, in his own way of course. It would be one way to forget again if she wanted.

WC: 1059
TWC: 6183
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : ~Hikari's Stats~
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Byakugan
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 75700

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 am
She told her tale and he listened intently to all of it before turning his gaze to the cave entrance, her own lilac tinted orbs following to see if something was there but finding nothing. Calin was staring into the void, perhaps lost in thought now that she had explained her story or trying to formulate a reply. Hikari couldn’t tell which reason it was because of, his eyes giving away no clues that she could tell from her peripheral glance, since she didn’t want to stare at them when he was looking elsewhere. After a couple moments of silence before the mysterious man would break it, immediately saying he didn’t blame her for lying but that she was bad at it and he didn’t want her to think otherwise least she get herself killed by someone less kind than he. She didn’t think anything of his usage with the word pretty, disregarding the subtle compliment as nothing more than empty words.

Their eyes met once again when he turned back towards her, his voice holding a hint of compassion in it that surprised her. He understood their circumstances for revenge were different, how he had quenched his soon after he felt it whereas she had gone so long without even tasting a little of it. It was sad that she had barely made a dent towards her goal when he had completed it the moment it happened; how strong he had been even back there compared to how weak she still was.

Next came the inevitable; the questions regarding the whys about her choices since her brother’s murder. Despite having expected them, it was still hard to think of a good answer that didn’t sound ridiculous. The way he said each question made her blood boil more and more, as if he was belittling her for joining the village that had conquered her own, as if trying to gain power from those who wielded it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard. The only thing that eased her agitation was his metaphor about her being a pup and Kiri a wolf. He used symbolism that would resonate with her and tried not to offend her while doing so, which was considerate of him despite the fact he didn’t have to be given their positions. His words struck a chord within her as they provoked her to truly think about her time with Xyxer, and how she hadn’t truly learned anything of use from him. All they had done together was sit beneath a waterfall, and only because she interrupted him while he was doing it not because he wanted to show her the technique himself. Otherwise, their meetings were sparse and few, brief conversations or silence aboard a vessel at most.

Had everything I thought we were been all an illusion, a figment of my imagination? Was I really so desperate for him to be my teacher that I hadn’t noticed the red flags along the way? How could I have been so dumb to believe he had thought of me as a real student instead of a toy to play with until he got bored… During his reflective pause, she thought these things, the weight of her past decisions beginning to weigh her down as she came to the realization she had been incredibly foolish to think he had taken her in to actually help her.

I would change that.

Those words brought her back to reality, eyes slightly widened at the implications of what they meant. He had just met her, heard her pathetic tale, and still wanted to change her fate despite it? His words, which she could honestly say hadn’t lied to her yet, all pointed to yes. Yes he would become her new teacher, and guide her far better than Xyxer ever had or would’ve. Yes he wanted to see her grow stronger and accomplish her goals of revenge. Yes he wanted to help a pretty woman -wait, scratch that one, it isn’t important. Despite the fact that part of the reason he agreed had been based on his amusement at seeing if she could surpass him or others, but the offer was far greater than such shallow reasons could do to persuade her against it. Especially when he threw her a bone in the form of aiding her with her revenge, fending off the village while she fought with those that had wronged Sal and her, no distractions or allies to come to their mercy.

It sounded too good to be true, promises that he didn’t intend to keep, but the fire in his eyes proved he was willing to go that far for her, a broken stranger with nothing to give in return. She almost wanted to blurt out the question of why he would go so far for her, still in disbelief, but she refrained from doing so, not wanting to ruin this opportunity by questioning it too hastily.

Although he went on to mention his own desires and they eased some of her doubts about his deal since they involved showing the village shinobi that they were weak in comparison to the missing-nin for finding comfort in numbers instead of fighting alone. It was similar in a sense to her own goal, wanting to attack the villages for being too weak to save themselves or those they care about, and becoming selfish in order to save their own skins.

Calin wanted her to travel with him, learning and working beside him outside the walls of any village, camping it out in the forests or mountains whenever they weren’t near a place they could find shelter in the form of a room. He didn’t promise her a time or strength estimate, only that she would, in fact, grow stronger with him, and she believed it. If he had guaranteed she would change in a month she would’ve thought he was lying and leaned away from accepting him, but since he didn’t fill her mind with things that weren’t possible to calculate, she could put more faith in his words and him.

That is until he revealed one of his weaknesses, openly admitting it was attractive women, and when he called her beautiful this time she couldn’t keep her cheeks from warming up, the word having become foreign as a descriptor for herself from the years of it not being used. The word didn’t come off sounding as if he just randomly added it to flatter her with, instead he sounded like he had truly meant it, whether that was to try and get her to lower her guard further or because he just wanted to compliment her she didn’t know and didn’t quite care.

Hikari decided not to reply, drinking a couple swigs from her flask instead to keep herself preoccupied and to keep the rosy hue of her cheeks at bay. She couldn’t help but notice the smirk across his visage as she drank, and knew instantly that he was telling the truth to be honest, not because he had a hidden agenda by complimenting her. Yet the smirk didn’t stay long, being replaced by a frown as a thought crossed his mind, one he chose to share with her. Calin wanted her to think about his offer first, when she was completely sober even if she didn’t feel drunk yet, and get back to him at a later time using a seal he would place on her, one she wasn’t familiar with based on its description alone.

“I think I will take you up on that offer for the seal and more time to think about your proposal at a more appropriate time.” Her voice was soft as she finally spoke up in what felt like ages, and her body began to feel warm from the first flask. She doubted her ability to finish a second one without getting too intoxicated, but didn’t reject it when he slid it closer to her in case she wanted to make an attempt at downing it as well. “If I do decide to join you, how would we meet up? Through communication alone or teleportation of some kind? If the latter I regret to inform you I have no such capabilities in that field.” Perhaps she was getting a little too ahead of herself, but she was curious about if he required another seal to teleport her, since now would be the most opportune time while he is already having to give her one to keep in contact.

(WC: 8,275)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum