Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Supermen of Science!Yesterday at 7:53 pmHebiishi OrochiHaunted MansionYesterday at 7:21 pmJoro ShokkuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 6:13 pmToran UchihaTraining The YouthYesterday at 5:34 pmJoro ShokkuRogue NinjaYesterday at 5:23 pmJoro ShokkuCrop FailureYesterday at 4:55 pmJoro ShokkuFine DiningYesterday at 4:22 pmJoro ShokkuMissing BoyYesterday at 4:00 pmJoro ShokkuRampaging Wild AnimalYesterday at 3:36 pmJoro ShokkuEarth DayYesterday at 3:21 pmJoro Shokku
Top posting users this month
190 Posts - 54%
48 Posts - 14%
21 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 4%
10 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
6 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yanoda
Yanoda
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Take a Look, It's in a Book (Solo Training) Empty Take a Look, It's in a Book (Solo Training)

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:22 pm
Yanoda stared up at the sign above a simple wooden door. It was unassuming in its message, but disastrous in implication. Within, he would face the most arduous training he had ever endured. Something he had been dreading perhaps since the day he was born. The sign read "Library", and he was here to do something he had been avoiding for a long time. Study. With a deep breath, Yanoda grasped the doorknob and considered his options. He could either go in there and learn, damnit, or he could give up on being a ninja right now and go home.

He actually thought about it for a moment. No, I'm not the kind of person to give up here. If... this is what I have to do to become a shinobi, then I'll just have to give it my all! With renewed determination, Yanoda turned the knob and pulled open the door. Immediately, the smell of dusty scrolls and stagnant air assaulted his senses. Couldn't they open a window in here or something? As soon as he fully opened the door, he understood why no, they could not open a window. Because there were no windows. In fact, on the other side of the wooden door was a huge slab of steel with all kinds of sealing tags all over it. It wouldn't open for an outsider. In fact, the whole room was built like a bank vault! Yanoda supposed it stood to reason, there were probably all kinds of secrets hidden away in the Academy library. Closing the door behind him, (and noting with some apprehension the ominous hissing noise it made once he did) Yanoda made his way over to the shelves to search for the materials he was looking for. Lined up neatly on their shelves, it shouldn't be too hard to find the correct one. "Right?"

[WC: 310][To Be Cont'd]

Last edited by Yanoda on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yanoda
Yanoda
Citizen

Take a Look, It's in a Book (Solo Training) Empty Re: Take a Look, It's in a Book (Solo Training)

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:56 pm
This was not going as planned. Logically, Yanoda knew that the library was very carefully laid-out and that in theory it should be easy to find what you're looking for, even with having to navigate the endless shelves. Why? Because everything is organized by a system that every academy student learns early on. What Yanoda hadn't planned around is the fact that he had completely forgotten the system. He trudged through the stacks, carefully searching each and every one for a scroll or book even remotely related to what he wanted. Every time he turned a corner, he half-expected to find a dusty skeleton slumped against the shelves, another victim of the labyrinth.

Of course, that would never actually happen. The librarians are very tidy. But if I don't hurry this up, it might be my skeleton they have to clean up... Desperately, Yanoda went through the shelves, until he finally hit a clue. "Aha! Advanced Chakra Theory. A little above my pay-grade, but it's in the right direction, at least." He was starting to get the hang of navigating this place. If that was there, then that other thing must be over there, and so on. Finally, after searching through all the related materials, Yanoda hit paydirt. "Chakra Fundamentals... this has gotta be it!" He gingerly lifted an old-looking scroll from its place next to all the more advanced books and scrolls, and took it back with him to an empty table. Now, the hard part.

[WC: 247][To Be Cont'd]
Yanoda
Yanoda
Citizen

Take a Look, It's in a Book (Solo Training) Empty Re: Take a Look, It's in a Book (Solo Training)

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:57 pm
Yanoda gently unraveled the scroll in front of him and gave it a look. This was definitely the one he was looking for. "It seems about my speed." he muttered as he started reading through it. Much of it was devoted to things he already knew, but after quite a while of reading, he eventually reached an area on which he was totally blank. "No wonder I've been having trouble, if I've been leaving something like this out. How did I not think of it myself?" Yanoda resisted the urge to slap himself. Of course. He had somehow been neglecting one of the essential steps in the process of executing a jutsu. It explained why he had been having so much trouble wringing any power out of it. He began furiously taking notes, adding little pictures occasionally to help his future self when he inevitably forgot some of the details. 

After quickly rolling the scroll back up and putting it back in its place, Yanoda stood at the door to the library. There was only one thing left to do: Put his new knowledge into practice. With his notes in hand, he was confident that he'd be able to feel out the process eventually, and then he would no longer need them. But the first step was to just try it out.

A few minutes later, Yanoda found himself in a training area nearby the academy. Sat on a shuriken target, he studied his notes. I'm pretty sure I've got the theory down, but... I guess I'll just have to try it out. Stuffing his notes back into one of his wide sleeves, he hopped off the target and assumed a half-sign with one hand. Yanoda closed his eyes and began molding some chakra. Now, if I've got it right, my problem wasn't my chakra, but where I was putting it. It doesn't matter how powerful your chakra is if only a fraction of it actually gets used. So I just have to do... this! He felt the hairs on the back of his neck raise as he directed his chakra to the proper place. Now, I just have to use the hand seals as a guide... He quickly formed the dog, boar, and ram signs. With a puff of smoke, Yanoda found himself transformed into his next-door neighbor. "Ha-ha! Finally, success! I knew I wasn't just bad at this. Maybe I should study more often..." Yanoda transformed into himself, and sat down on the ground to rest. "... Naaaahh, I'm not gonna do that." Still though, it came in handy this time. He definitely had a new appreciation for the road ahead of him. "I'm gonna have to try harder than ever before! Alright, let's do it again!"

[WC: 458][Thread WC: 1015][Thread Gains: Transformation Jutsu, Substitution Jutsu, 5 Stats][Finished]
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : ~Hikari's Stats~
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Byakugan
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 75700

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:25 pm
Next time please add links to the jutsu you are claiming, also please add your current stats to your signature ^_^

Approved Yanoda <3
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum