Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Day One Greenie. Rise and Shine (Open)Today at 11:08 amIchirō IshitoyaLord Paramounts Of The TridentYesterday at 10:00 pmMarabelle BlossomA toughtfull momentYesterday at 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomThe Fury Meets A FurryYesterday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoFar Away Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 pmXena UchihaMy Immortal Tue May 07, 2024 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsTue May 07, 2024 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 pmMizuki Ohta
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 31%
17 Posts - 22%
10 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 10%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Anonymous

A Night at a Tea-House (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Night at a Tea-House (Private)

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:42 am
"Yeah..." Salzem responded. "I... uh... I need to get back to the village..." The girl was only a foot away from him now.... Closer than before. She had her hands on her hips and that smile on her face. She thanked him for visiting the shop and Salzem offered a small smile beneath his mask in response. "Uh... anyway... How much do I owe you?" he asked, getting his train of thought back on track. Surely he owed them something. A couple hundred ryo at least. No way a place as nice as this would do what they do here for free. Salzem held himself lightly, but caged, a more generous show of body language than he showed most anyone. Other people would get the dead stare and such a closed off stance, they might as well be talking to a rock more than a person. Salzem pulled out his wallet and began counting up his ryo, making several guesses as to how much this little detour would cost him. 1000 ryo at the absolute most if Mia was reasonable...

The warmth in Mia's smile caught Salzem off guard. Anyone who smiles at anyone for a living do it only so deeply as the facial muscles and teeth. Mia, however had genuine emotion behind her grin and that made Salzem a tad nervous. It made him wonder what he could have possibly done to make her look at him that way. The distance between them was especially short as well... Might give someone else the wrong idea had they not held such a low opinion of themselves as Salzem did. Salzem scanned her eyes with his own sanguine ones for any emotions he could clearly identify. Thanks was obvious... Something else was lurking in those eyes of hers, though it was something Salzem couldn't outright identify, either good or bad. He didn't probe much deeper than the surface, not wanting to come off as some kind of freak (though, biologically, he was) nor did he want to come off as overly creepy with his stare.

(feel free to attack me or somethin' so you can get yer training :3)
Mia Hikari Umoi
Mia Hikari Umoi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

A Night at a Tea-House (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Night at a Tea-House (Private)

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:54 pm
The man had been as patient as an anti-social adult could be but Mia didn't vocalize such a thing and listened as he spoke. His voice softened by the task mask he wore. Her mind wondered and wondered if he held the same voice should that mask be ever taken off; but the fact that it was none of her business dispelled the thought.

“Well, you looked weary; Are you a shinobi, honorable guest?” Now asked as gently as she could put it she couldn't just come out and yell ‘fight me, sir’.

“Our price is normally double at night for our services, which would total about 1400- however, I need some help with chakra control. If you’d be willing to help, I will waive your fee.” Mia explained with a smile and put her hands together as if she intended to pray. An attempt at being cute and asking nicely as the other women did. “Sorry to ask such a thing; but when they leave me to watch the Spring while everyone sleeps, I get a bit bored.”

She really did hope he would agree- not that she was actually going to charge him the full price anyways. Mia cared so little at this time of the night, she probably would have cooked for him as well and called it a night. He had teetered a bit when he was walking to the spring and she felt a bit bad. Besides, the Landlords were asleep and the courtesans were busy or sleeping, leaving Mia to an eerily quiet building on a chill night.

And the fact that they were a perfect setting for something out of a horror story, unnerved her a bit. Just a bit.
Anonymous

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:43 pm
"I am a ninja. I just don't... wear my headband." Mia looked at Salzem strangely, her eyes locked just below his. He came to realize that she was staring at his mask. Salzem suddenly felt very self conscious about where her eyes wandered. Luckily for the inexperienced ninja, her eyes flicked back to his and she began to talk business. She stated that normally, he'd be charged a large, but not altogether unreasonable 1400 ryo. 'Twas not the price that alarmed him, but that she was willing to wave his fee if he simply taught her a little chakra control. It was an offer Salzem couldn't have possibly accepted. It was overly generous to a point where it threw Salzem through a loop. The way she clasped her hands together, the way she stood and looked at him, Salzem almost thought she was flirting with him. The thought made his cheeks go pink, but he forced the emotion down, not letting it proceed and embarrass him further. 

"S-so you're a ninja too then..." Salzem retorted with a slight stutter. Curse his lack of control. "Uh... Yeah, I can help you a bit... we'd need to move outside though..." Salzem gestured out into the dark of night with his hand. "So... uh... might want to grab something warm." With that being said, the black-coated ninja would step out into the night with his hood pulled over his face, shadow obscuring all but the sanguine piercers that were his eyes. He gestured for Mia to follow him until they were a solid 20 meters from the shop.

"So... what kind of chakra manipulation are you looking for...? Combat? General?" If the silver-haired girl explained that it was combat she sought, Salzem would motion for her to attack him with everything she had so he could assess her strength and put himself on her level. Salzem would appear passive, both his hands in his front jacket pockets, ready to respond however necessary. However, if she chose general or some kind of technique, Salzem would sit in the sand and gesture for her to do the same. He'd then ready himself to explain the basics of ninjutsu and its workings again. Ah the horrible memories of his students either being dead or hating him. It made him flinch just a bit. The fact that he'd given them up for this quest of vengeance... he sighed, closing his eyes for just a moment as he cleared his mind. This wasn't the time for that.
Mia Hikari Umoi
Mia Hikari Umoi
Citizen

Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 pm
Mia was excited that he had accepted but she didn't allow herself to show it anywhere on her face. She had to be prim and poise and everything elegant; not unlike the women upstairs. But she would have more; more talent, more class, more clients. She deserved the best.

Even if she had to kill for it.

She did have a cloak to her name though it was folded neatly and upstairs, but she followed him to the area where the wood floors ended without getting it, pausing only long enough to put her sturdier shoes on before following dutifully after the stranger. A bounce in her step as she did so, listening as he talked to her before she replied, “Combat, please.” Her excitement  hidden in her voice. Now was aware that, without the Suna heat, the deserts free quite cold but she didn't bother to care past her excitement.

Now loved the night; especially in Suna. A Suna Sunday was absolutely beautiful and held very few rivals for comparison with how every color painted ita golden skies as the sun sank into the desert. The blazing reds, the burning goldenrod yellows, the mesmerizing purples and the brilliant blues. She had never seen anything like it; and the night sky of the desert was breath-takingly romantic with its black velvety skies, seemingly dusted with stars like diamonds’ dust.

But Mia hungered to learn and see more; and she'd begin with tonight as she stopped not too far from the stranger and smiled up at him, “Thank you; I appreciate you doing this.” She did but when she left him little choice, there was, well, little choice. Though that didn’t mean she had to be rude or cruel about it. He could have opted out and said no, paid, and been on how way. He didn't have to indulge her in anyway but still- She was thrilled to have the opportunity to copy and mimic more thanks as well as learn just as much.
Anonymous

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:44 am
"Combat, huh?" Salzem repeated under a deep breath. "In my experience, its easier if you would simply attack me. Show me what you got and I'll be able to help you with a few pointers." With that, Salzem waited for Mia to come at him, but not before reaching his right arm out of his jacket pocket and out tot he side. In the darkness, his arm would contort, stretch and bulge, almost as if it were a balloon about to pop with air. White fur sprouted from his flesh and claws grew where his nails once did, all the while Salzem appeared undisturbed by the transformation of his arm. When the transformation was complete, a bulky, 4 1/2 foot long fur-coated clawed arm sprouted from where his normal human hand. He might have been prevented from transforming completely, but when you experiment enough, you find loopholes that allow you to tap into a portion of your abilities, even if the entirety is sealed away.

Salzem held the arm out in front of him and looked at it, almost surprised that he managed to pull out this much of his lycanthropy without incident. His sanguine eyes glanced back up at the girl and he reached his new limb out in her direction, beckoning her to lash out at him. His silver-white fur seemed to glow under the serene grace of the moonlight above, drinking in it's radiance as the thirsty monster it was. The expression on Salzem's face was relaxed, composed, as if he'd done this a million times before. In actuality, this was the first time he tried to summon a limb. He'd done teeth, nails and sometimes, with intense focus, he's able to do a hand, but not his full arm. This meant progress... While his monsterous wolven arm was prepared to deflect any incoming blows, Salzem's left arm remained tucked nicely away in it's pocket, leaving that whole side of  his body open for assault. Of course, the sounds alone that accompanied the transformation would be enough to scare anyone normal away, let alone the actual outcome. Salzem looked like he was literally half beast now, and, to some degree, he was. Despite the shame he had over this form, his curiosity over Mia's reaction won out. How would she react to seeing someone's arm explode into a werewolf's? He hoped she wouldn't scream. He'd hate to disturb the other members of the tea-house.

(working on Lycanthropy: Partial Transformation)
Mia Hikari Umoi
Mia Hikari Umoi
Citizen

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:14 pm
He wanted her to attack and she was already formulating a plan as he held out his right arm, Mia put her arms behind her and the fingers of her right hand brushed against a coil of wire under the belt that kept her borrowed kimono closed. She had used some of it to keep the kimono closed and planned to keep the rest of it for later; but she had a better idea. Mia kept an eye, intrigued and interested in his arms’ transformation from delicate flesh to coarse fur.

It excited her a bit to think of all the damage he could possibly do with such an arm. It scared her a little that she was going to fight someone with such an ability when she wasn’t a great fighter herself.

But the challenge of it all thrilled her; even if she put on a look of concern and worry as his arm completed its transformation and even though the sounds of it were a touch sickening. She was excited to try and learn. She was excited to try and win, even if she didn’t.

“That sounded like it hurt a lot, Honorable Guest- Are you alright?” Mia asked as she focused her chakra in her left palm, working on making a small ball as she had done in a training session not too long ago.

The gyro ball couldn’t do any real damage head on, no. And it couldn’t produce enough wind to push him super far back, either. But what it could do? Kick up one hell of a sandstorm to blind him just long enough for her to move in and attack. Or try to. “I hope you don’t… think badly of me after this, Guest-San.” Mia said and portrayed a coyness about her as she looked at him, “However, I will try my best.” She vocalized just as the marble-sized gyro ball; a super-condensed form of almost solid pressure, came into its finished form. And Mia tossed it at the sand near his feet.

Mia moved to his ‘open’ right side as the gyro ball hit the ground and dispersed, kicking up a tall but temporary dust storm of sharp sand around the man, and she tossed the wire out hoping that it would wrap around his neck. Either way, she focused her chakra into the wire and focused on trying to wrap some of her wind-element around the metal; in hopes that it would cause enough force to at least cut something. Though this was just over-estimations of her ability on a gamble; she wasn’t really well trained yet and had a far way to go, but she wanted to at least try so any of the stranger’s tips could be rooted in things she needed to work on.
Anonymous

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:45 pm
"I'm fine. My name is Salzem, by the way." Salzem stated flatly, anticipating some kind of attack. He got one, but not in the way he expected. Mia threw a ball of air at his feet and, upon hitting the sand, it kicked up a massive amount of sand, blocking most of his vision and being a general nuisance. Of course, with all the sand in the air, Salzem closed one eye and held the other one open in a squint, as to block out any of the annoying grains of sand from screwing with his oh-so important ocular organs. He did catch a small glimmer though, a line of light sliding through the sand and towards his neck, as if to cut it clean through. Acting fast, Salzem raised his clawed arm and sliced it down upon the line, the wire, (sharpness and health 75), severing it before its nefarious purpose could be completed. Parts on either side did scratch his neck, causing small traces of blood to flow from his pale skin. The marks didn't last, however, healing up almost as quickly as they were spawned due to his lycan healing. With the immediate threat out of the picture and this irritating sand still in his face, Salzem crossed his lycan arm across his body and swung it to his right, generating a wave of force that cast aside the little sandstorm that formed at his feet (strength 75). Luckily, his fist narrowly avoided Mia for if he had made contact, her head would have literally popped like a grape. With the sand settling all around him, and Mia off to his left, Salzem turned in her direction casually, picking sand out of his hair with his left hand.

"Make a bit less of a mess...?" Salzem asked, almost yawning. He had only just realized how late is was and how tired he was as a result. "I don't want to be picking sand out of my head for days..." He rubbed his eyes tiredly with his left hand while lashing out with his right, a backhand of 10 speed and 5 strength, enough to knock her back should it hit, but not enough to cause any real damage. Worse case, she's be left with a stinging cheek. Of course, he had enough strength to knock her to a place where it snows sideways, but there was really no point in using a full power blow against someone like that. She wasn't fast enough for him to take her seriously nor was she strong enough for a battle of brawn. Weapons only made his assessment harder and urged for a physical confrontation. Wire? You can do many things with it, but not give an ample understanding of chakra control.
Mia Hikari Umoi
Mia Hikari Umoi
Citizen

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 pm
As the sandstorm went up, Mia acted and hoped that she had hit her target- but by his words and the blast of air, she knew she hadn’t. The female summoned up another ball of wind and sent it forward to match the blast that Salzem had ordered in her direction, in hoppes that it would at least deter some of the damage.

The gyroball hit the slash of wind head on and did little good, save reduce the force of the gale in front of her. Mia put her arms up and braced herself, but still slid back a foot or two, and she stood back up. The sad excuses for ‘wind jutsu’ were small and easy to create and maintain, however they still needed much work. “Why don’t you just say the night?” Mia offered generously, “It’s late and you can clean up again.”

Mia moved her feet to get better footing and smiled warmly at him against the brisk night air, “Should I have coated the wire in something dark, do you think? To blend in with the sand?” She asked him honestly,

It was wonderful to have another shinobi around to ask about things of this nature, that she had been thinking about and pondering on. But without someone there at the Teahouse to hold and validate her thoughts, it was hard. The Courtesans barely cared for Mia and the Owners were pleasant people; she didn’t want to disturb them with her ‘odd habits’. It was uncommon to have a ninja trying to live a quiet civilian life. And Mia was not one for shattering illusions.
Anonymous

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:36 pm
Salzem's eyes widened a bit as the girl said that he should simply stay the night there, that is was late and that he could clean himself up again. It was a very generous offer, but one that came with a price-tag no doubt, just as his last dip in the springs had. Then again, it was a long walk back to Sunagakure and he was likely to get there as the sun was coming up. Salzem had his share of sleepless nights and no longer wanted to feel that grating,, mind-fuzzing exhaustion again. He'd take his chances here because, at least here, he could sleep in a bed have a roof over his head for the night. Salzem's mouth curled into a grateful smile and he nodded, shaking a little more sand out of his pitch-black hair.

"You've been nothing but kind to me. I... uh... thank you. Now, as for your jutsus, they were just fine. They were great for what they were, distractions, but they were a little... weak. Its always good to have a little... buffer in those winds. Make it so that they feel pain through out the experience, disorientating them further. Focus more chakra into them and they'll get more potent. Be careful though. More chakra also means they get more.... volatile. Could end up hurting you more than the target." Salzem closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Focus..." He spoke quietly. "draw on and manipulate your reserves for they are yours to command." Salzem opened his eyes again and yawned, this time loudly. The moon was high in the sky now. Probably almost midnight by the looks of it. He'd have to finish this lesson up quick or he'd fall asleep in the middle of their training session.

"The color of the wire really doesn't matter..." Salzem said lazily, his wolven arm, contorting and twisting until it was back to it's original human form, hanging limply by his side. "Ninja eyes are trained to track movement, not really objects so to speak... Even if you hid it amongst the sand, a well-trained ninja would have noticed it coming up and would respond before it became a substantial threat..." Salzem paused a moment. "Word of warning, though. Be careful with that... You very well could have decapitated me... Wire is.... very sharp and malleable. It could pose just as much of a threat to you as much as me." He let out a sigh. It was clear he was very tired. Salzem's posture was more limp, the skin under his eyes forming rings of dark.  "But, it was a good tactic. I'm sure it would have worked on someone else..."
Mia Hikari Umoi
Mia Hikari Umoi
Citizen

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:37 pm
She listened to his praise and words with a thoughtful ear and smiled. Inwardly, she cursed herself for her negligence. She shouldn’t have been lazy and attacked with the wire from both sides, and where one failed the other would prevail. But he was a far better shinobi than she was, so it didn’t really matter in the end. Mia could try to attack him again-

She could generate another gyro ball in one hand and one of electricity in her other hand; toss the gyro ball first, to kick up more hand. Then send in the lightning ball to catch him off-guard just enough to catch his neck with her wire. Maybe if she moved in close during the sand, she would have a better chance; but none of these things she did.

“Thank you so much, Salzem. I will keep that in mind but you should come back inside; you look so tired.” Mia told him before shivering, hugging herself to keep warm against the night that was growing gradually colder and colder. She really should have taken his advice on getting a jacket or cloak to heart, but moving around and testing her abilities had staved off the night’s chill. “It’s getting chilly too; you should take a bath before you catch a cold.”

She walked over to him and remembered watching a pair of shy lovers coming into the springs earlier in the week. How was their behavior again? IT was- light and gentle, wasn’t it? Mia tried to mimic it as best as she could by taking Salzem’s hand, and looked up at him, giving him a warm smile, “Come on then; it’d be bad if you got sick. Then you’d have to stay here long enough for me to take care of you.(Out of guilt).” Mia said teasingly and kindly as she led him back towards the teahouse with it’s warm, waiting lights and hot, biding mineral spring.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum