Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Supermen of Science!Today at 7:53 pmHebiishi OrochiHaunted MansionToday at 7:21 pmJoro ShokkuWorking With a New Friend!Today at 6:13 pmToran UchihaTraining The YouthToday at 5:34 pmJoro ShokkuRogue NinjaToday at 5:23 pmJoro ShokkuCrop FailureToday at 4:55 pmJoro ShokkuFine DiningToday at 4:22 pmJoro ShokkuMissing BoyToday at 4:00 pmJoro ShokkuRampaging Wild AnimalToday at 3:36 pmJoro ShokkuEarth DayToday at 3:21 pmJoro Shokku
Top posting users this month
190 Posts - 54%
48 Posts - 14%
21 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 4%
10 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
6 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Threading the eye of the needle [Entrance] Empty Threading the eye of the needle [Entrance]

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:09 pm
After a week and three days of travel Lucian had finally made it. His clothes were in tatters and every now and again he felt a numbness in his left hand coupled with bouts of blurred vision no doubt brought on by his brush with death. However, despite looking much like a beggar followed by a man of metal Lucian was in good spirits upon approaching the gates of Haven. Normally he would have followed the mass of people through the gates, but he was not like them. No, he was a shinobi. Shinobi did not simply waltz into villages, that is called infiltration. Naturally such an infraction was often accompanied by death if caught. So, the man figured it best to check in with the authorities at the gate. Check in he would, assuming he could find such authorities within the massive throng of people filing in and out of the village itself.

So, the man in shredded robes and bald head stood to the side of the main gates with his headband of Funkagakure displayed proudly around his neck. Next to him stood the soulless puppet, Delito. He had removed his chakra strings so the behemoth stood like a statue next to him. Surely someone would notice him as out of place, because, in all honesty, Lucian could not see anyone he would check in with. For now he waited, still as the puppet beside him while his eyes watched the people move to and fro.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Threading the eye of the needle [Entrance] Empty Re: Threading the eye of the needle [Entrance]

Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Mission:

Ever since her return from Sanctuary which hadn't translated to any time at all in Haven, Akihana found ehrself feeling uneasy at the most inopportune moments. Perhaps it was the crowds pouring into the city for the Queen's Joust that had the city on edge, perhaps it was the suspicion that one of the inner council members were piloting treason against their queen. All Akihana really knew was that she watched her back a lot more now and often found herself wondering what would become of the people should Her Grace not regain her health.

Staying safely hidden in the palace did nothing to assuage her fear and uncertainty. While her task was indeed to look after the Queen, Akihana could no more be caged than the light that was a part of her being. Her Majesty had more or less come to an understanding that Akihana would leave the palace when she needed to, she didn't have to like the idea to come to the understanding that it was out of her royal hands and Akihana on her part made sure not to worry the monarch unnecessarily. She could sympathize with a mother who had just lost a child but she had two little boys of her own who needed protection less they fall prey to a similar fate. She still needed to get to know the city as well as the Queensmen did and nothing aided her in that more than dressing up as a servant and traversing Hoshi, most of the time with her hood up to keep her blonde head from showing. The idea of coloring her hair or even using genjutsu to appear different had crossed the kunoichi's mind but once again, it felt too much like lying so the young woman did what she could with a cape and hood. Mostly no one bothered a servant with a shopping basket swinging from her arm, and when they did, they ended up bowing in respect when they found themselves in the presence of the Promised Princess - a moniker she was still rebelling against but losing the fight just as surely.

Today Akihana had been walking towards the poorest section of the city once more, taking note of the layout of the area and wondering how wooden structures for homes would fit in. There were more families in the small, cramped tents and huts than places for them to each have an individual home and making a combined communal living system would be only partly better than how these people were living now. Hoshi's problems appeared to be that of most major cities, not enough place, too many people. She doubted anyone here would appreciate the idea of apartment buildings but it was worth suggesting to Den if it meant they could give families a proper living space. The royal architects might be prone to complaining but they would comply nonetheless if enough insistence was allocated to the task.

After her trip to that part of town, Akihana made her way to one of the mosques dotted throughout the area, the hood of her cape covering her head respectfully as was expected of a visitor to such a place of worship. The small, one story structure was divided into male and female sections so the blonde stood by the dividing line, waiting to be greeted by the resident Imam. Not allowed to venture into the male section, she greeted him with the traditional phrase of his faith and started to explain that she had come from the palace with food. Bowls of rice, beef stew and dates followed her message as they were retrieved from her basket. The Imam thanked her and returned with the offerings, leaving Akihana to go into the female portion of the mosque and deliver the food to the women herself. An hour later, the medic left with her Sanctuary sustained basket just as full as when she had arrived.

Her next stop was at the gate, her small feet leading her through the narrow streets to the entrance of the city where dozens of people were making their way in, being scrutinized by Queensmen and their newer genin alike. The sight reassured Akihana some, at least people were being careful about who entered the city. Their defenses seem to be working, she told herself, there was no need to worry.

A precautionary look over her shoulder nonetheless.

And that was when she spotted him. Bold as an egg and with shredded robes that announced his affiliation with some spiritual faction or another, it was the glint coming off his head band in the scorching sun that caught her attention most. Noting that he was waiting to the side to be let in like any proper shinobi would, the blonde made her way to the stranger, a small smile on her lips. She may have been paranoid since her return from Sanctuary but it was nice to see people practicing proper etiquette.  

"Good afternoon," she greeted the monk warmly, pulling out a bottle of chilled chanch from her basket, the buttermilk drink flavored with pureed cilantro and ginger and crushed ice that the people of Hoshi usually drank on hot days. "Would you like a drink, sir, the sun is very unforgiving today I'm afraid."

Last edited by Akihana Akari on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Threading the eye of the needle [Entrance] Empty Re: Threading the eye of the needle [Entrance]

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:12 am
Call him paranoid, but Lucian, like most, had been molded by his surroundings. Where he was from it paid off to be a bit paranoid. After all, in Funkagakure you never know when that beggar in the streets is going to try ripping out your throat or worse. Thus, when a hooded blonde approached him offering a drink he could not help but be a bit suspicious. Did she plan to drug him? Maybe she was after what little money he carried? Or worse yet she was after his prized puppet? Honestly he had no idea; when in doubt play it safe. 

"I am sure there are others who need a drink more than myself," he countered, gesturing to the crowd, hoping to decline the drink politely. "Thank you, all the same."

Pausing ever so slightly Lucian bowed his head in thanks. Manners were everything anywhere. One could barely speak a language or understand a culture, but good manners are universal. They transcend barriers and make strangers into acquaintances and acquaintances to friends. Such was the nature of a kind smile and a thoughtful word.

"However, if you could direct me to where I might register with the pertinent authorities I'd be much obliged." The genin inquired almost shyly with slightly furrowed brow. "I'm afraid this is my first time here and I can't say I am very familiar with this land."

With that Lucian fell silent. Often people bombarded others with too much information or questions-tactless. Say what needs to be said and ask what needs to be asked, nothing more nothing less. Such was how Lucian operated and would continue to operate.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:12 pm
Akihana understood why he refused the rink. Monk or know it was obvious by his head band that he was a ninja. The blonde was courteous enough to not address his suspicion openly, quelling them instead by giving the battle to a child that passed by in that instant, no doubt drawn to the duo by the gats at the sight of the white bottle of chanch.

"Looks like you were right," Akihana grinned as she passed the bottle to the quiet but hopeful little boy who unscrewed the cap and took a big gulp before thanking her and departing to share the drink with the rest of his friends. "Keeping food on your person will do that," she explained with a brief look towards the boy rejoining his friends. "I'm afraid people in the streets still often go hungry, by choice or necessity. If you have any food on you, please beware of both beggars and cutpurses."

As the young man explained he wasn't familiar with the area, Akihana pointed to the group of Queenmen flanking the gates, registering every person carefully as they entered. A small station with a few of the guards had been set up expressly for that purpose with ninja being directed to the academy if they wished to join the village and civilians being directed to wherever they had came to be.

"Well, I can direct you better if I knew why you were here," the young woman replied kindly. "If you're here to aid us with the village and join the ranks of our ninja, you'll have to register over there," she gestured to the station set up for the very purpose. "However if you're just here to pray and meditate in one of Hoshi's temples, then you may give your name and reason for visit to any of the guards around here and then be on your way." Pausing a moment to draw breathe, she added. "If you're here for the former reason, your first stop would be the academy where you'll find living quarters and a space to train. If not, there are many inns in an around the city and a lot of people have been camping in the water gardens in anticipation of the Queen's Joust coming up."
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:16 am
Perhaps he had been a bit too cautious? Nah, there was no such thing. Being cautious as a shinobi paid dividends. For all Lucian knew the blonde could have very well handed off the bottle of poison to a bunch of kids in hopes of ruining a few more lives. Oh, wait, they drank it. Well, he may have been wrong this time; next time, next time his caution would pay off, without a doubt.

Beggars and cutpurses? BEGGARS AND CUTPURSES??? Was that all they had here in Haven? Were Lucian to have believed it polite he would have laughed right in the blonde's face. Beggars were nothing compared to Funkagakure where people would bite off your arm rather than take money from it. Yes, Haven seemed, thus far, like a fairly peaceful village. If the worst of their problems came in the form of petty crimes that really would amount to nothing then the place could not be that bad.

Naturally Lucian nodded along with the blonde and directed his gaze towards the queen's guards when appropriate. This place did seem to have its quirks, for one the genin inferred that royalty played a large part in the village. That fact came as odd, but also refreshing. Here lay a new land to explore and learn about. He felt he could safely say this, Haven, was the real beginning of his journey. A foray into something new, something different.

"Well, I suppose I could fall into both of those categories, student and visitor." Lucian replied matter of factly-he was not sure which he was honestly, he was just here. "I am sure I will be able to find my way even," He could not help but flash a mocking smile. " With the thieves and beggars running about."

There it was: a slight lapse in manners. The idea that the worst thing in a village was common thieves and beggars was just so foreign. Thus, by way of being foreign it became humorous. However, the genin quickly composed himself and continued.

"You mentioned that 'Queen's joust'...." He trialed off a bit before picking up his voice again with a slight tilt of the head. "Yeah, what exactly is that?"

So much for finding his own way. Asking questions was just so much easier. Plus he doubted he would make it far without a bit of a baseline to go off of. Yes, that was what he was doing, establishing a baseline. A store of knowledge for later.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 am
Akihana allowed him his small moment of mirth, wondering why he found the idea of thieves and beggers amusing. She supposed he was from one of those really strict ninja villages where order and law held above all else and the very idea of someone robbing a shinobi was funny to him. Well, she should be okay if he thought of himself as skilled enough to void any of the thieves and beggars she'd tried to warn him of. The blonde had done her duty, there really wasn't much more she could say.

Except to maybe give him a further word of caution.

"Hunger and hopelessness changes people," she spoke softly but seriously, her gaze shifting to the group of young children who had by now finished the whole bottle of chanch. "This is a mostly civilian city, and one that's learned not to trust ninja in most respect. I'd also advice you tuck your headband out of sight when travelling in the more spiritually inclined districts of Hoshigakure. For your safety as much as that of the people here. A riot won't benefit anyone involved in it.

When he asked about teh Queen Joust, Akihana's face brightened up slightly, the day of the Joust was neigh and she was very positive that the Queen would feel much better after the occasion. "Yes, the Queen's Joust. It's an annual holiday celebrated in Haven and the reason the city is full to the brim. People come to Hoshi and join jousting, archery and melee events in honor of Her Grace, Queen Shiera the Second, supreme ruler of Haven." The warmth that entered her voice as she spoke of the queen could not be disguised. In all the weeks she'd been in Hoshi, she had come to care for the monarch very deeply and it showed.

"Anyone can try their hand at the contests, and similarly a large portion simply allots themselves the role of supportive spectators. I hear this year the event will be... something extraordinary," she let slip with a grin.
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:22 am
"No one trusts a shinobi nor should they," He shot back rather half cocked in response to the blonde's final warning. Here he went speaking his mind again. Surely no good would come of it. Balance, he needed some balance. However, he could think of nothing to balance out the truth, so he allowed his words to hang heavily in the air.

Lucian had seen the worst of the worst. Men torn asunder and women left to crawl. Such was life in Funkagakure as of late. Perhaps had the blonde known such horrors she would see why Lucian could not take threats of riots and thieves seriously. He had seen the worst of people, lived near the entrance to hell itself if such a place existed. He had witnessed how bad humans could be and a riot was far from such evils. In fact, it was miles away. All the same, he did not like causing unneeded turmoil; he would avoid stirring the volatile landscape of Haven. 

Then came the joust, Lucian had heard of such things: festivals of sorts. Unfortunately he had never attended one, this would be his first one. Though, to the genin's logical mind he could not help but wonder why a village would put so many resources into games as opposed to the supposed starving people. Mentally reprimanding himself he recalled it was not his place to judge others. He had no power over them and their choices nor would he ever. 

Despite his doubts about the games themselves it was readily apparent that the blonde had high hopes for the games. It was quite pleasant to see hope and happiness on the face of another. He was truly somewhere else with different problems and different solutions.

"It would seem I have come at quite an opportune time then," Lucian explained quickly. "I can't say I am much of a fighter, but I can appreciate others skilled in the art of combat. Perhaps I will attend as a spectator. Thank you for the information."

The boy paused for a moment as realization spread across his face, for all his worrying about manners he had forgotten the most important one.

"Oh! I am sorry for not having introduced myself sooner....The mistake is mine....I am Lucian Nazar of Funkagakure. Thank you once again for your hospitality." With that he gave a slight bow followed up with a pleasant smile. He was going to like this Haven place. Here he could hone both mind and body. Though the religious prejudice against shinobi might be a problem. Surely he could talk it over with them. No one is entirely intractable.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:32 am
The kunoichi raised a golden eyebrow at his exclamation of not trusting shinobi. She wondered where he was from to have cultivated such an attitude. in Kumo, Shinobi were revered as protectors and friends, it was almost demanded the civilians be loyal to them though she was sure no ninja of her home had ever exploited that trust and dedication they received. It was simply the people's way of thanking the men and women who risked their lives for the common man's safety. And yet this young man seemed to think Shinobi were meant to be untrustworthy.

Perhaps this wasn't the best time to introduce herself as a kunoichi. Though she didn't have her chakra suppression skill active and her eyes were always a determinant gold from her bloodline so he could guess very accurately. Still she decided not to confirm any suspicions he may have just yet.

So instead of responding to his statement about ninja, the blonde simply nodded when he said he had come at a good time. It was both true and false. "It is indeed more fun these days, but it will make it harder for you to find accommodations. The scarce few inns that remain in business are full to the brim, even the bales of hay in stables have a price on them for temporary bedding. You could try to find shelter in a monetary or church or temple but not unlike many, you can also set up camp in the water gardens. The water that flows through the streams is fresh and plenty and many a cook fires come about after sunset. The food isn't always much but there are always those willing to share." Akihana noted the last part with a hint of pride in her voice, people's kindness always touching her and setting her whole face aglow. It was wonderful to see human kindness prevailing even in such dark times.  

She politely waved the man's apologies away, afraid that she had made him uncomfortable. After all, it was her fault just as much as she hadn't introduced herself either. However, his introduction left her at an awkward stand. Should she give her name? Akihana had rather taken to wondering the streets dressed as a palace servant but she usually let her clothes do the talking. Actually telling someone she was a servant would be an outright lie and Akihana Akari did not lie.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lucian," she replied instead, returning his bow with a neat curtsy of her own. The ways of the palace were rubbing off on her whether she liked them to or not. "I'm Akihana, I work at the palace." There, that was as truthful as she could be without telling a virtual stranger everything about her. "Welcome to Hoshigakure, I sincerely hope your stay here is pleasant."

(Granting Lucian entry)

{Exit Akihana)

TWC: 2075

Claiming 500 Ryo as Mission reward
Claiming 3 AP as Mission Reward
Claiming 2, 000 wc towards V2 4th Tail
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:46 pm
There was not much left to say, their conversation had come to an end. Raising his right hand as if to wave to a passerby he allowed five chakra strings to attach to the man of metal at his side. Almost as if struck by some primordial lightning the behemoth came to life. Standing now at its full height the puppet moved flawless as Lucian moved through the crowd and past Akihana. 

Akihana, the palace worker, and perhaps the first halfway decent person he had met on his journey had been quite helpful. Sure, he did not know his way around the village in the slightest, but it could not be all that large, could it? All that really mattered was that he now understood in very broad strokes the nature of Haven. A village ruled by some queen, with more than a few religious fanatics within the walls. As a whole it seemed to be a village rooted in the past pulled to the future. An odd place to be-a limbo of sorts.

The next hour or so went as one would expect when entering a village. He answered questions and gave names. He signed a few things here and a few things there. Really quite boring in the end, but necessary all the same. However, after roughly an hour he was done, moreover he was allowed entry. Now all that remained was to find somewhere to stay. Anywhere would do so long as it did not smell too bad. And so Lucian took his first step past the threshold of Haven and into a different world, a dated world lost in time.

[Lucian exits thread and enters Haven]

{Aki's mission is approved and training is approved}
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Approving Lucian's exit <3
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum