Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Raiden Chills (Open)Today at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Today at 1:51 pmDante HyugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchToday at 11:52 amMarabelle Blossom1,2, 3....Today at 11:52 amMarabelle BlossomTea with Youta, Z, and Dante Today at 11:52 amMarabelle BlossomIchirō Ishitoya's Mission LogToday at 9:47 amIchirō IshitoyaShiru Iyasu Mission RecordToday at 2:16 amShiru IyasuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 8:32 pmShiro HyugaBrutalityYesterday at 8:29 pmShiro HyugaThe Culling Games: The FinalSun May 05, 2024 8:50 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 36%
11 Posts - 16%
9 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 12%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

Maku vs The Nine Tails - Page 3 Empty Re: Maku vs The Nine Tails

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 am
I'll keep my argument short and sweet.

We are close, the chains are 220 power and speed. Stronger than the beam, and over double its speed. So it would get there very quickly I'd think before even the halfway mark. I agree with Gary that the beam would still go but be interrupted, disrupted etc from the attack I described. With no real ruling on jutsu clashing/slowing etc I fee as though it would go through, especially given how the chains are kinda small, super sharp and would streamline right through given again the power and speed.

As far as not being able to see, well the beam is fired from a creature roughly the size of a horse. My word was forward, which to be fair is rather vague and ambiguous. Forward is anywhere that is in front of Maku, again given the size of the critter shooting the beam I don't think it would encompass his entire visual range, leaving him the ability to move "forward" out of harms way. This could be up and to the right or the left, whichever is out of harms way as I described.

I'm not disputing it would be a close call, but that was the whole point is to make it close. Given Maku's reaction time, the stats of the abilities I believe the attack would go through, as I described.

So dispute the death, claim the win, now I'm getting breakfast.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:09 am
O and I guess battlemod it up
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 27500

Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:18 pm
Sue me, I like a good argument.

I'd like to add a caveat to what I mentioned before given Maku's interpretation of the situation. Yes, the Kyuubi is indeed small, but its attack is not, which is what the second part of my argument hinges on. As stated in my attack post, the beam reaches its full size upon leaving the Kyuubi's mouth. Now, let us recall that Maku and the Kyuubi are roughly two meters apart when the beam leaves the Kyuubi's mouth and that at the point he attempts to teleport the beam is even closer than two meters (don't forget his arms are outstretched either). The beam, as has been established, can be approximated by a cylinder with a radius of ten meters. For those interested, that's a diameter roughly the size of a six-story building. I simply don't see Maku seeing forward (in any sense of the word) when he does indeed attempt to teleport especially considering logic would follow that his gaze would probably be where the Kyuubi once was and where his chains are going (ie the center of the oncoming attack considering the beam is centered on him.)

Naturally, I'll defer to whatever ruling may come. I just want to make sure I establish my point appropriately and in its entirety.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 pm
I'd say the beam would scale accordingly, especially since the whole shrinking and growing bijuu is a site thing. I don't remember that being a thing in canon, but I could be wrong. I also base this on the fact that almost all bijuu jutsu have some sort of scaling for Jin. While the power would be the same, I'd think sizes would change. Though naturally I'll defer to any mod ruling, I merely wanted to give my piece.
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:26 pm
The real question I have is how long we can go back and forth like this until we are interrupted?

While we wait, allow me to regale you, dear reader, with my thoughts on the scaling of attack sizes. I posit that the size of the beam is not dictated by the size of the user, but rather the form of the user as stated by the jutsu application (ie full beast or not). For example, let's say we have a Akimichi Jin who used body expansion to reach a large size. We would not scale said jin's bijuu beam up to size if he/she entered a cloaked form. Rather he/she would be bound by our current rules and the jutsu application.  So, I think, it follows that we would not apply such a handicap to a full beast based on size alone.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:05 am

Okay so having read this multiple times, there is no easy way to say this. You both die, thanks for playing!

In all seriousness, the way this reads to me is Gary's undoing lies in his jump. If he initiated the jump before Maku teleported than he has no way of knowing where Maku would land. If the beam was initiated mid jump, its angle is suspect at best.

Finally while Gary is absolutely correct in that a beam should technically be faster than the chains, on nrpg we work with relative speed so a wave of water moving at 60, a gas based jutsu moving at 60 and an earth wall sprouting up at 60 are treated to be at the same speed. In this case, chains are 1) faster than the beam and 2) arguably reach the bijuu sooner.

That is not to say Maku gets off scott free. While he may not suffer the full intensity of the beam, he may very well suffer burns from being exposed to it but how he plays that out is of course up to him.

You are both of course welcome to a second opinion if you feel this ruling is unfair etc. As you both know, I'm hardly the most qualified battlemod out there. <3

Last edited by Akihana Akari on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The spelling of "initiating" was triggering my OCD <3)
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 am
I'll take it.

Maku wins and is, upon sealing it, the new nine tails Jinchuuriki, congratulations.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 am
Exit my claims have been made before.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:25 pm
For the sake of clarity I'll also not be claiming anything with the words. I don't have a way to total them so I mean, o well I guess
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Approved <3