Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Training, or making friendsToday at 12:49 pmKakushin SenjuThe Dark Side ArisesToday at 12:27 pmRanagi JomajoDaiki getting in Moon!Today at 11:48 amSakoshi KurosawaSubstitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 5:28 amHanzo Uchiha
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
57 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
45 Posts - 6%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Youka
Youka
Citizen
Stat Page : The Plague
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 134237

Relics Move Forward Empty Relics Move Forward

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:26 am
The air outside of the hideouts cramped corridors and endless tunnels was vastly different as it entered his lungs. Not only was it in a sense lighter but it felt healthier if there was even such a thing. The time he has spent underground locked away in a sub sleep has made him forget what it felt like to be on the outside. Looking up into the sky as he stepped on a stone tile, one of many making a path through the garden to a centralized seating area he took in the sights. The sun was just rising over the horizon barely peaking through the tree line, it’ll it’s rays still raging his skin applying a slight warmth to the touched areas briefly before the sensation went away all together. Youka had never once set foot in this garden and he could tell by the aesthetic that Maku had a hand in making this and more than likely did it while he slept in the catacombs below. Something ran through his mind as he walked slowly through the garden his bare feet feeling a mixture of stone and earth between them.

“Stop and smell the flowers” yes, that was the saying, it meant something along the lines of life is short stop to enjoy it or something along those lines. It was a saying for people without purpose, without a goal or desire. After all of you weren’t moving forward then you were stagnant and the world would pass you without remorse. “What a foolish thing..” he’d whisper under his breath continuing his walk to eventually reach the seating area. There was no time to ever stop, he had done that before and payed the price…Of Akihana we’re here more he’d strangle her where she stood ending her life instantly before she had the chance to poison his mind.

Today he wore an all white robe with the god e down allowing his face to be seen, some vibrant red had returned to his hair and for the most part he didn’t look completely dead, still a half life was hard to maintain. Finally reaching the table he’d remove one of the chairs pulling it back so that he could take a seat. He didn’t know where Maku had went so he left notes in all the various places he assumed the man would visit in hopes that he saw one and made his way in this direction. There was much to discuss today and time was always off the essence.

WC =422
Xuexing Yuki
Xuexing Yuki
Academy Student
Academy Student
Stat Page : Stats
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Wind Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 500

Relics Move Forward Empty Re: Relics Move Forward

Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:20 am
Removing his head band, Maku wiped his brow. The rising sun already promised a heat that the Yukigakure winds hadn’t taken away as of yet. Currently he was dressed in his full Takigakure regalia. Complete with the Takigakure jonin armor, headband, and the pouches full of ninja tools and documentation. Long black hair pulled back into a pony tail, some fraying out with the removal of the headband that had kept it all in place. The only weapon seen a medium length knife sheathed at his front. With the perspiration wiped away, he replaced the band, the emblazoned symbol of the waterfall village shining with the newly risen sun. Though it was morning, his day had already been more than full. Leaving late the night before he had taken on a mission from Hook, his penguin summon requesting his precense. It had been an easy job, a simple good natured one that befit the resume of an ex-village shinobi. In truth he’s been looking forward to sleep, when an unfamiliar sight caught his eyes. The violet of the contacts seemed to reflect the sunlight making them stand out even more. His visage not that of Maku Jemuzu, but of a completely different person. Which seemed fitting as the man he saw now was not like the one he had left.

White robes and a splash of ginger, Youka almost Tau sat within the confines of the garden. Whistling as he walked, Maku strided over to where his friend now sat, clearly admiring the hard landscaping work that he had put in. In no small part thanks to his abilities with mokuton and other nature release jutsu. “Well we’ll well, isn’t someone not looking so much like a corpse and more like fresh roadkill.” He’d say with a wry smile, pulling out a chair and plopping down. “How you like it? Lot of work you know, glad you can finally enjoy it.” He’d add on gesturing the surrounding area.

It wasn’t large, the Akatsuki themed house sat in the middle of no where. No road or defined path led to the home, and it was well off any inhabited areas as well. It truly was a bizarre occurence that a home would be where it was, yet it worked. Trees thick around if, a small pond, and a garden that had been crafted up around them. The call of morning song birds, and the gentle mapping of Koi fish made waves searching for food played as their background music. “Could have at least got me breakfast. I’m the one making all the money, you ain’t a looker these days so gotta earn your trophy wife title somehow.” He’d say with a judgmental face, one would use when appraising a slab of meat. Putting a sack of ryo down on the table, he’d have his feet kick back, so he balanced in the hind two legs of the chair, graciously giving Youka a chance to rebuttals and concede to his obviously true observations.

TWC - 501

Hikari Namikaze likes this post

Youka
Youka
Citizen

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:29 pm
Youka watched with little to no amusement as his friend entered into the garden, the whistling drawing his attention to look over his shoulder and follow the males movements with his eyes. As had been customary now his accomplice was wearing a full regalia, all articles of clothing he had never seen before till the days Maku had begun wearing them. It completely changed the way he looked and the loss of the blonde hair made it even more difficult for Youka to imagine this was indeed the friend he had traveled with and battled with all this time. Maku wasn’t Kira but he had become proficient at modeling new clothes just as she had so long ago though just a bit more controlled than the over the top predecessor. It seemed that Maku was indeed attempting to follow through with his idea of changing identities to make travel easier for them. He remembered back to their first meeting when his friend had attempted to get him to do the same but he was sure that the changes his body had undergone would be more than enough to his his true identity. As he thought back even further there weren’t many people who even knew what he looked like save for the people in Kumogakure. Most times he was covered fully in armor his heads and face hidden behind a full grey helmet.

At his friends comment Youka couldn’t help but show a small smile in Maku’s direction. Not for his words being funny but because the man always had something new to as to his repertoire of weird insults. They were timeless and it always kept Youka guessing on what Maku would say next I’m his not to win the prize for most offended insults thrown. As his friend sat down and spoke asking the question about the area they were in, taking a moment to once again look around he took a deep breath of the air around them before answering the question.

“It’s been way too long since I’ve been up top…the air is.. how do you say….clean.” He paused to exhale before speaking again.” Being underground for so long I’ve forgotten what the fresh air smells like and how god it feels once you breathe it in. As for the area it truly does reflect your need to go above, beyond, and eccentric in all things…you do know the purpose of a secret lair don’t you?” Youka sat up in his chair placing the rolled up map he has carried with him from the basement some time ago placing it on the table as Maku said something about breakfast being prepared for him.

“Food…I keep forgetting that’s something you need. You should honestly switch over to the tubes of nourishment I’ve made. It provides everything your body needs without the need for cooling out all the extra middle stuff that takes up so much time.” Reaching into his robes pocket he’d take out one of the packets and tossed it towards his friends direction.” As for money, if I’m correct my coffers are still full, I’m surprised you didn’t use any of the money I had left, I expected it to have all been used up.” 

Youka ripped the parchment still rolled up over to his friends side of the table, it hit his feet as he had them propped up in the table. If Maku took it and proceeded to open it he’d notice it was a map of the known world at the time of Youka’s tenure as Raikage. He’d let his friend take in the map and hopefully he’d ask exactly what he was looking at and why.

TWC=1037
Xuexing Yuki
Xuexing Yuki
Academy Student
Academy Student

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:50 pm
In truth it was a revelation to see how quickly Youka had changed.  Not long at all.....I mean really not long at all ago, he was practically on deaths door.  Unable to have handled even this light breeze that seemed never to come within the garden.  Now he was turning his head, and hearts all aflutter, even giving away smiles simple as you please.  It was almost enough to stun Maku into a state of nonverbal astonishment.....almost.  "No you said it right, clean is correct"  He would interrupt and state at Youka's search for the correct word.  It was an old type of joke, but it still checked out.  At his next point, Maku would give a little tsk tsk noise clicking his teeth.  Using air quotes with his fingers, he would answer his freind.  "Yea it's a "secret lair" not a "Lair of despair" it needed a little sprucing up."  He would accompany this quip with the smallest (Largest) of eye rolls.  Honestly, he was holding back.  

"Give up food?'  The gull of this guy.  That was all Maku could think about.  He'd created him a veritable paradise, a beautiful tomb that the man had wrecked, and now in the daylight he said he should give up food.  To Maku?  World renowned chef and restruanteur.....ok maybe not world renowned, but he was damn good.  "I would rather die, than give up food."  He'd say cutting him off.  "You know how I feel about it, It's probably one of my greatest strengths.  You know in the past if you could only have say...."  He'd hold up one hand "Five skills, I would give up at least one of them just to say I was the best chef."  He'd put down all his fingers except the middle one.  It was an old joke......but it checked out.  "Besides, my morning bathroom time is when I get all my reading done.  Honestly its better than meditation."

Catching the thrown item, he'd look at it.  in truth he hadn't realized Youka had any money.  It made sense, he had been Kage for some time, but.....well he just hadn't thought about it.  Money was not something Maku spent much time considering or caring about.  Yes he would jest with it at his friends expense, but beyond that it held little value.  In his life he had gone from vast wealth, to dirt poverty time and time again.  Some by circumstance, and some by his own whim.  Now was no different, and his work with Hook was just as much about having something to really do, as it was making money.  He'd merely flip the paper back and give a shrug that could have meant literally anything.  This little bit had made him a bit speechless.  Still, no use crying over lost and found ryo, it was time to move on.  Especially since it didn't play him in the good light, he wouldn't bother considering the subject a moment longer...nope no thank you sir, lets keep going.

Letting the chair hit the ground as he moved his feet back, he would grab up the paper.  Unrolling it, he had done so somehow backwards, so that all he saw was a blank piece of parchment.  "What's all this then?  Some kind of secret document that you need special jutsu to read..."  If Youka tried to speak he would merely continue "O I know, its got some weird disease on it so if you touch it something bad happens to you...that's gotta be it I feel itchy all of a sudden......I can't believe you would curse me, that is so rude.  We are eye brothers after all."  He would drop the map and start rubbing his hands together rather vigorously, before noticing the other side as it hit the table.  "Ah, it was a map hidden on a heat absorbing piece of parchment, so I had to get it hot to see....yes yes....that is clever.  I never give you enough credit for the muscle between your ears, best get used to flexing it now, since the ones by your elbows are a bit lacking.  Soooooooooo what's all this then?"  He would ask pointing at the map, looking up at youka.  Surely there would be something of great interest the man wanted to say....hopefully.

TWC - 1216

Hikari Namikaze likes this post

Youka
Youka
Citizen

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:35 am
Youka listened to Maku's rebuttal on the lair being a secret and cut him off before he had a chance to finish what it was that he was going to say to interject his own thoughts."So you agree that what you've-" Youka was once again cut off this time by his friend continuing on with his monologue without a care for what others had to say. The doctor looked at him through slanted eyes as Maku continued to say how the hideout wasn't a lair of despair. It was his his friends eye roll at the end that added the air of a rebellious child to the entire exchange and it left Youka slightly taken aback before he came back to the reality of what had just happened. "...As I was saying, while I get what you were attempting to do, our location although at the end of a forrest with nothing within miles around us you can never be too careful on who might wander too closely assuming this is an area that welcomes prying eyes..." Each word that came from Youka's mouth however he knew that it was going in one ear and out the other, Maku would do as Maku did and little could be done to change that simple fact. Just like Youka, Maku was his own kind of eventuality that couldn't be stopped or maintained. Most times Youka thought of him as unbridled chaos that would always eventually catch up and bring disruption to whatever he touched. While Youka was more of a slow burning controlled and directed end, Maku would come and go on a whim interrupting all things for better or worse and it was this dynamic that more than likely kept their relationship and compatibility strong.

"Sigh...I wasn't saying give up food, just make the process a little more streamlined. There are a lot more simpler ways to get your nutrition over elaborate meals that take hours to complete for the same result." It was true, he knew Maku was indeed a good chef he had cooked for them all once before, before all of the chaos had begun, a time where everything was much simpler and made much more sense. Now they had both grown older, more weathered by timed combat, their child like attitudes were gone..for the most part Maku still had a bit of him old self alive and well and it showed with the single middle finger now pointed at Youka's face. A low groan left Youka's mouth as he stared with lowered eyes at Maku and his gesture while he spoke on his bathroom adventures and how he spent that time indeed riveting information that needed to be conveyed.

As Youka had brought up the fact that his ryo was still inside the hideout not having been touched since he had stored it all down there during his last cycle of life. He could see the wheels turning in his friends head as he thought about it, Maku was always in the moment so the thought more than likely never crossed his mind to check the actual hideout for anything that could be useful to him and more than likely went about his life gaining money and spending it just as fast as any child would once they garnered some form of currency. Youka's right hand went to his temple rubbing it as he had this inner dialogue with himself. How the man had gotten by without him being around was a miracle within itself but again that was more than likely just Maku's nature at play, he'd find his way no matter what was going to also happen in the world.

While his monkey of a friend attempted to open the map and view it's contents Youka blankly stared as he did everything in the completely wrong way. Even when he spoke in a questioning tone Youka remained quiet as he knew the male would continue no matter what he would say and sure enough as Youka had thought to speak to give Maku some form of guidance the male had continued on with his open discussion with himself. Youka was glad he didn't waste the breath attempting to actually respond to Maku and continued to listen, something about cursing him from opening the scroll, and honestly sometimes Youka wished he had the ability to curse his friend with silence if even for  a moment. Once Maku had had placed the scroll directly on the table Youka thought it was time to tell him that he had opened it wrong and that the scroll was upside down, however Maku had begun rubbing his hands together in what looked like he was about to start a weird chant or prayer. Yet all he did was place his hands on the scroll and claiming that it was heat that revealed the contents within, when all he had to do was turn it over. Youka's hand shifted from his temple to his head as he scratched his scalp through the reddish tinted hair looking at his friend in disgust and pity for how stupid his friend was.

Was it his time to speak, was Maku done with his inner and outer dialogues, would he cut Youka off again before he could get words out that would bring all things to bear? He waited for a moment till the silence was awkward before he responded to his friend once more to explain why he had brought a map with him."This is the world as we know..knew it when I last walked the world openly, I don't think it's changed much if at all. You would be able to fill me in if there have been any more changes as I think you were still active slightly longer than I." He'd take the map and point to the countries marked and the major villages that were known locations to all. Some of the minors as well, being a Kage for a time had it's perks and this was one of them."The world still hasn't changed from what I can tell, each one of these locations points to a world of stagnation and hoarding knowledge that could benefit the world. I want to remove all notion of secrecy from this world all forms of hierarchy. All men and women will be equal and in that equality they will grow." Youka would pause checking in with Maku's expression to see if his friend was still following along before continuing. "The villages, the walls, all of this power...even these." Youka's eyes would spiral as they turned purple with spiraled lines rotating around the pupil. "All of these things give all of us the notion of being better than someone else, gatekeeping our abilities and secrets. I'll see each of these things fall and disappear into obscurity." Allowing his eyes to return to normal via a blink he'd once again point to each major village on the map slowly counting them with each tap of his left index finger while his head leaned into his propped up right arm on the table. "These villages...are the main crux of this world that foster this way of life. We'll destroy each one."

TWC=2242
Xuexing Yuki
Xuexing Yuki
Academy Student
Academy Student

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:48 pm
“Active might be a strong word….”  Maku would say carefully.  It was true that he had indeed been at work last Youka’s initial spiral into coma, but it likely was not of the keen interest and attention that his ginger headed friend would have preferred.  What all had happened…..he’d taken over Kumogakure sure.  Cut off that one genin’s arm….yes he remembered that.  There was a campaign of war, that had been fun for a couple of months, all culminating with the sacking of another major village.  Pretty cool all things considered, though thinking back on it made him thirsty, and for some reason wondering how fast he could drink a bottle of water…….but after that, what had happened.  He’d left, abandoned Kumogakure to do as it pleased and removed himself from the narrative.  Only brief swathes of moments were memorable afterwards.  His time in Fang, some in the land of rivers, regardless nothing of too much import.  “I was doing “things” while you were asleep.  Me and Kumogakure were grand friends, and we made even more truth be told.”  He’d say, and then subtly explain the war campaign he had undertaken.  Detailing how the lightning country had crashed like thunder upon nearly every minor country, as well as Sunagakure, culminating in the death of the Kazekage, and the release of the 9 tails.

“And then we’ll……it got kind of boring.  Left it all to this chap named Kyson, and really never checked back in.  So not sure what’s going on now.  And the 9 tails ran off, which really hurt my feelings, he was so snuggly don’t ya know.”  He’d say with a false pout.  He’d continue to listen to the rest of Youka’s grand plans.  In truth JT was the great work, the same great work they had both undertaken once before.  It seemed almost cyclical, something to be repeated again and again without end.  The cycle could end surely, whenever they pleased, but did they please?  Well neither were known for their manners.

“I do agree most places are quite boring.  Following the same old steps again and again.  Not many people know how to have fun.  I disagree on one point however…..I certainly am better than most.  I don’t need anything special to be so…..but it is fun to take it.”  He’d move his tone and facial expressions through seriousness and mockery, all the way to delight.  The chaotic ness of it hard to keep up with, speaking in the way he had often used.  His ability to change and undulate his tone had never made a lot of sense.  The thrill of being alive, or maybe of being back to the old ways had brought this nature back to him.  It wasn’t about what you did, it was just about how much fun you had while it happened.  That’s the real work, and through this joy others would receive it as well…….they were cheers not screams weren’t they?  No….they weren’t.

Internally he struggled, though outwardly he tried not to show it.  He’d changed, committed to peace, these thoughts of potential genicide rattled his core, and yet….it seemed like the right thing to do…….no that’s crazy what are you talking about……but………..no there’s no buts……or does he have no guts…..

The silence that followed Youka’s declaration went on for some time.  Several shakes past awkward as Maku continued to stare at the map.  He was fighting himself, fighting the world, fighting nothing at all.  In the end, just as the beginning he wasn’t sure what he wanted.  Parts of him saw no point in going back to a life of peace and simplicity, his sins had mounted around him, an impossible summit to bring down to salvation.  So why not go to Hell as the chief sinner, instead of a failed saint, but even that thought tore a knot in his stomach.  Several more moments went by, and finally a glassy eyed man blinked.  “Well, whatever you say,  I guess I can come along.  You’d be lost with out me anyway.”  He’d say cheerfully.  

In the end, his indecision was stronger than any conviction.  Youka however had conviction to spare, and without any other wind to blow his sails he found himself steered in that direction.  At least, for now.  Parts of him still wondered if he should end his friend himself, see the work done and finished.  It had a certain level of beautify and poetry should it have ended in such a way.  Past was the moment to do so with ease.  Each hour Youaka’s strength seemed to double.  Physically perhaps not, but his chakra, his spirit were returning tenfold.  He’d never been a simple opponent, and the question had always lingered….in a true fight to the death, nothing held back…..who would actually win.  They’d had contests in the past, and he never hesitated to let him know he still was ahead by 1…….but contests, and the real thing….could never be considered the same.

“So, where do you want to start?  Lots of places to go.  A few I’d like to visit before they got all icky, a few I don’t care to go to at all.”  He’d say tracing his own finger around the map.  “I wonder if that fella Xyxer is still in “kirigakure” he’d use air qoutes.  “It’s really Shimagakure just renamed and remodeled, some people e can let the past go don’t you know?  Nice place.  I went there once, beautiful beaches, and a mango margarita to die for.”  He’d say calmly.  Circling Kirigakure with his finger.  

“Though, they say when you’ve lost something, or don’t know where to start, it’s best to start at the beginning.  Retrace your steps and what not.”  He’d move his finger again, pointing at a place in the map so Youka could see its destination.  It moved through familiar places, including one where they met.  He’d look up at his friend, his eyes asking the questions.  Waiting, he’d smile slightly, mischievousness abound.  He’d given up thinking for the moment, now was a time of doing.  

TWC - 2225
Youka
Youka
Citizen

Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:54 pm
While the doctor was in his force induced sleep, what was supposed to be for a short time to regain his strength and state of mind had turned into an unfortunate self medicated coma that had taken longer to awake from than he had intended. He had thought that during this time his comrades would carry on in his stead freeing more countries, yet it seemed that everyone just as him had fallen to the times of peace and forgotten what they were made to do, brought into the world to do. Maku himself couldn't be blamed, while he was a force he was still a force not bred for these things, his talents were in deception and trickery with a side of bodily harm if it must happen. Never was his friend one for the complete genocide of entire civilizations as his counterparts were so it was normal once Youka heard that his friend had settled on less nefarious means on carrying on in life. The thought of Kumogakure was something Youka hadn't given serious thought to on what to actually do with it once it came to it, and he didn't know if he had the strength to return to a village that had once been called home. The demons there would be many, even if it didn't resemble what he had done to it for its protection, the thought of her still roaming the streets attempting to bring other peace, his failures they'd all come rushing back. Just like every other village however he knew that it to would have to be weighed against a scale and see if it was wanting or not.

Hearing how the village had been left to in the hands of Kyson was a mixture of emotion it wasn't that he didn't trust any of the Kumo ninja, in his time they had mostly all risen to his challenge of being better. He wanted them all ready for the inevitable outing the were all meant to take in force coming for the rest of the villages in a one by one fashion. None of that however had happened and instead it seemed as if the world had simply returned to what it was prior to him. Maku had continued his musings and brought up the fact that he had lost the nine tails as well in his travels. That was something that Youka found strange he hadn't felt the pull or voice of the cloned bijou that he had put inside himself, yet the damage that it had done to his body still remained. What exactly hd happened to them, usually such a thing meant death to the container yet they both were still here. It would be something that he would have to look into more in depth once the time permitted to fully focus his time in that regard and now wasn't it.

Just in Maku fashion as always he had something to say when it came to his arrogant facade being called into question. He always needed to pander to his ego ever so slightly in most things and to that Youka too would share some of that feeling. They were a different type of people than those around them for the most part but in the end of all things they were still...bare, empty, human...no right to be put atop another and yet they would have to do just that thing till everything was completed. Placing both of his hands on the table Youka would clasp them together and respond to his old time friend." you indeed are a special breed my friend, I won't deny it and that's all I'll say on the matter."

Maku had gone inside of himself from what Youka could tell, he was asking himself either some very hard questions or something that had entirely nothing to do with this entire conversation and with him you were never sure which one it was. The questions he was assuming Maku was asking himself were all questions that Youka himself had to answer when he had awoke. Except he knew the questions that Maku would have to answer would also carry an air of humanity to them, weighing the lives of everyone affected by such a call to arms. Change more times than not was never peaceful, never quiet, it was brutish, bloody, chaotic..to Youka it was home, to Maku it would be...he didn't know exactly what, his friend would have to answer that for himself. For Youka the was always the ending that would come to be, the road that had to be traveled, how he would hopefully return to the earth, in a sense he wanted death to come from all of this, his in particular. He knew however if no one was up to the task, he wouldn't give it up easily yet that release would be...welcomed. Time was slowing down as Maku continued to struggle within himself with the preposition that Youka had brought to the light, in the end he was sure Maku always knew this would be the end game if he would come back to the fold yet he was sure the notion of such a thing would always eat away at his friend.

Just as he was going to attempt to see where his friends headspace was at Maku's eyes came back to the realm of the living and something had happened to him while he was away, his eyes were glossed almost as if he had chosen to give up some of his humanity once again to return to the shadows, to be something bigger, darker...less human than himself. The joke that he hid the pain with was not lost on Youka and yet he still showed no wavering towards his friends recognition and affirmation of all these things. Bringing his friend back wasn't exactly what he had wanted to do and if Maku had said no he would have accepted the answer and allowed his friend to live whatever life he wanted to. Maku began speaking again on where they wanted to go and what their first stop would be. His hands trailing the map just as Youka's had as he brought it to a stop on two different places before settling on one of them."So be it, I think this is as good a spot to start and with what it means to so many people I assume a stake to the heart will be sufficient." Standing up from his chair, he'd resettle it and began his walk back to the hideout through the gardens stone path.

"We'll leave soon Maku, make peace with whatever you need to. I'll do the same."

(Exit)
TWC=3360 Claiming 21 stats to put me at max +19 to speed +2 to Vigor
Also +24 bonus ap for being max stats
Claiming Vanishing facial copy technique & False darkness
Xuexing Yuki
Xuexing Yuki
Academy Student
Academy Student

Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:26 pm
It seemed as soon as the meeting had begun, it was concluded.  All things came to an end of sorts,t hat was one of Youka's ideologies, and it seemed it had affected their conversation as well.  Staring he'd watch as his friend stood with a renewed vigor, he had not possessed before.  Perhaps it was the trick of the light, but even his hair had a little more sheen, was a little fuller.  He watched and listened, the same smirk frozen on his face, as though a mask.  He'd accepted his idea, and in doing so Maku would roll up the map, hiding away the details of which their hands had spoken.  He'd kick his feet back and watch his friend go, in rare fashion not even offering the last word.  Instead, he would give that honor to Youka for once.  His mind though calm for the moment, was that of.....well a duck.  Stead and keen on the water's surface, but below little web feet paddled away.  he'd known a conversation like this was coming, and he had been looking forward to it right?  It's what he wanted, to be doing something, and what else was a good use of time besides the great work?

The moments went by, and when Maku realized that he hadn't moved for some time it was well past late morning.  Looking around, he felt a little drun....a disappointing feeling having known he'd done none of the fun parts to reach such a state.  Shaking his head, and rubbing his eyes he forced tired legs to stand.  Feeling as though he was at sea he made the short walk towards the house.  It felt so much longer and little of the meeting was currently within his mind.  Instead he could only think of bed, and random ideas that floated in and were forgotten just as quickly  No doubt it was due to a lack of sleep he was feeling this way, a foggyness that held him tightly.  Collapsing down in bed, he could feel the rattle of his equipment that was still strapped to his body.  Fingers fumbled with belts and buckles attempting to extricate the pouches and the clasps of the armor to middling affect.  Giving up halfway through a state of undress, he settled for pulling a blanket halfway over him.  He'd almost kicked it onto his feet before sleep overtook him.

Dreams came oddly at first.  merely clouds of vapor and ether.  Those random thoughts that pass through our minds with such clarity and Dis clarity it is almost impossible to distinguish them.  Those thoughts where you are certain you will remember to tell them, but then when you go to speak on it.....one is left merely tapping their chin.  Once did he have the feeling of falling, to jerk awake.  Rolling over he pulled the blanket a bit tighter around him, finally letting sleep take hold in earnest.  Armor and gear still in place, a knife dangerously close to exiting its sheath.  Yet still his dreams were more than just that, they were of another world, another time.  They were a way for his mind to wrap its way around all the events of what had already happened.  A way to reconcile what he was going to be doing, or perhaps a way to live with it all.  Dreams are funny things like that, almost always unhelpful, and yet every great once in awhile they can show us what our waking mind cannot.  Give us ideas where we would not have had the imagination to think them up.  For Maku, it wasn't exactly like that....but it was a start.

-------------------------------------------------------

His dreams took him to a different world, a different time.  A time that didn't exactly exist except for within the deeper parts of his mind, and the pages of a pseudo journal.  In this world Den sat across from him at a large table.  A doctor's office with an overlook of the village.  The man sat, sipping chilled wine, hands in white gloves reviewing a document before him.  On it, a declaration of war and the logistics that came with such a paper.  His eyes studied it carefully as though a body he had prepped for surgery.  Each glance a calculated swipe of a scalpel to only remove the fallacies to the perfection underneath.  Maku saw through his own eyes in this dream, kicked back his feet on the lip of the desk in a way not unlike he had been outside in the garden.  Glancing at the wall a long floor-length mirror conveniently stood so he had a full view of himself.  He wore armor as he had done on the outside, but his hair was blonde, eyes blue, and face if not younger, at least a little less lined than it really was.

"Not sure about this.  You sure it's something you want to get into?"  The question snapped him back, turning to look at his brother.  "I mean, this isn't much of a plan.  Youka and You in the garrison, drawing all of their strength.....then what?  Just let everyone else clean up your mess?  I know it has worked before, but the game is set up a bit different don't you think?"  His voice was calm, and eyes unsure.  It was clear to anyone that knew the man that he had his doubts.  Yet, it was not Den's way to outright deny any idea.  Instead he had the thoughtful, and annoying way, of asking questions that had the person do all of that themselves.  Though the battle plans weren't of his own writing Maku knew them to be questionable at best.  If someone wasn't clear on the circumstance, they might think whoever wrote them wanted both Youka and Maku dead.  Sure they'd get a decent use out of them, but in the end they would still be dead.  Den had to know Maku had thought of all this....but he didn't say it, he wanted his younger brother to voice it himself.  

"Ye well, I know it isn't....."Ideal", but not sure what the plan is otherwise.  Snow country is kinda rough terrain.  Going in for the long haul seems even more dubious."  It was a rational that others would come to.  The shortest road type of answer, so as not to raise to many disputes.  Again they both knew this to be true, but it didn't change the fact of what it all meant.  "I mean, this is what it's all about right.  The great work, the glory of kage and country......."  He would let his words trail off for a moment, the question hanging in the air.  Both men sat and thought on the matter, staring at the paper.  The scene shimmered a moment and then seemed to melt away.  The real Maku twisting and turning in bed, the dream just a question that he had already asked himself.  Was the great work really worth it, would it really accomplish anything, or was it just a pipe dream of something or someone else.  His lips moved, something inaudible as he spoke to his dream land brother about these very concepts.  How was he to know, he had never been a big thinker....he was just a doer.  

------------------------------------------

The next mental landscape was that of a wasteland.  Nothing but sand all around, a pig running in the distance playing with a fox.  The smell of freshly grilling burgers somewhere in the distance unseen.  Looking around, he recognized the place as Sunagakure's gates.  A place he had not been in a long time.  Not sure what the point was of being here, he looked around.  No one was here.  Wandering around for a little while, he never did get closer to the pig and the fox playing.  After some time, his mind became vaguely aware he was dreaming.  Laughing a little he waved his hand, and the area around him vanished.  His sleeping body turned over, a smile on his lips.  Well, they can't all be winners he thought, and the mental landscape once again eroded into the ether.  A definitive blackness of none being overtaking it for a time unknown, as it is in true deep and peaceful sleep.  The closest we come to final death without fully crossing over the threshold.  It was peaceful, relaxing, and nothing all at the same time.  Though perhaps this peace only comes, because deep down we know we will eventually wake.  

-----------------------------------------------

It was well into the evening when he finally woke up.  The dying lights of the sun just moving through the window that lit up his bedroom.  Stirring awake, he removed himself from the bed, and then his equipment from himself for good measure.  He felt slightly better, though still tired.  A tired from too long without sleep, that a single sleep never can fully make up.  The process to strip down to suitable sleep ware took most of what he had out of him, still a growing stomach meant the task before a second sleep was not over.  Moving downstairs, he found himself alone as he often did within the house.  Even with Youka here, the man barely came up from the basement.  It had truly been a real shock to see him in the flesh outside.  Making a simple dinner, he would sit and eat in peace at the table, thinking on the silly dreams he had moved through.  not for the first time, he once again thought of those he had left behind in another life.  Where they better with him gone, or did they miss him.  Sad to see him go or relived even if they couldn't admit it to themselves.  Part of him craved to know the answer to these questions, while a smarter part knew that there was no good that could come from them.  No, it was best to leave them like the dreams locked away int he ether of an unconscious mind.  His dinner was simple, sliced venison on toast.  Sure, there were the herbs and spices he had grown in the garden, the deer was one he had caught within the forest.  All simple, all peacefully done from his perspective, though it was possible the deer would disagree.  This wasn't a bad life, it was just...a life.  For some that was good enough, for others it never would be.  Thinking on what he was, he knew it wasn't enough.  Though, he had already come to the realization that nothing would ever be enough.  For all his talk and his perception being that he followed his own rules, in truth Maku went with the natural flow of what was happening around him.  Perhaps that is why he floundered in stagnation, and flourished in chaos.

"What am I supposed to do...."  He would ask no one.  The light had fully died away, the simple glow of an almost over dusk keeping the sky a feint shade of red and purple outside.  He had told Youka he would come, because what else was he supposed to do.  Sorry friend, I know you have been dead, and I've been doing a lot of nothing, but you have fun with your big picture ideologies?  No, that would just be rude.  His head felt as though it would split open with the weight of every idea and thought that crossed through it.  A long time ago, he had faced a similar conflict of soul and spirit.  Then he had been staying at a hotel in Tengagakure.  A place he had very much liked, and one he had bought a fine basket from once upon a time.  Wonder what happened to that basket...Still, it had been there that he had officially joined the Akatsuki, again at the bequest of his friend.  Even then he had not thought the grand destruction of the hierarchy of the world was a great idea, but in the end, he had consented and a peace of him had been lost because of it.    Once again, the same question was asked.

There was always a new campaign, a new war to fight, a new struggle to undertake.  Would it always be so, or would eventually it end.  What if they were never killed, what if their moxy and strength saw them through every endeavor....that wasn't actually possible was it?  Surely it could never last, surely someone would eventually get the better of them.  Though Maku often spouted he was the best, he had no hesitation in believing there were actually stronger individuals out there.  He'd met some of them after all, he had lost fights before.  Through luck and happenstance he had survived these encounters, and in the end everyone who had gotten the better of him, had found themselves got at some point in some way.  It wasn't always because of his own skill, but sometimes just the discretion of fate.  Could that really continue on and on and on....or would fate eventually find a new person to allow a win too.  It wasn't that he was scared of loosing, scared of death and failure....sitting here alone in the kitchen, he found that his real fear was that of success.  That the story could never end, because it would just keep on going.  

That was something he could not live with.  His time in Fang, he couldn't live a simple normal life.  The bounties that had come for him, had been annoying, but he couldn't deny a certain thrill and high that had followed him for days, maybe months after each attempt.  When they slowed, and then stopped all together that was when true depression had struck, had taken hold of his life.  So, maybe that was his answer after all.  Even as this thought crossed his mind, the visage of all those that had fallen because of him crossed through his mind.  It wasn't fair however, for them to be caught up in it.  Deep down, he knew he should care.  That each of those had meaning, and the guilt should weigh heavily upon his heart, and yet what weighed heaviest was knowing that it should, but it didn't.  Perhaps.....again.....that was his answer.  He'd started the journey on gate duty, doing the jobs of a lowly genin....doing what he was told when he was told.  Now he did the quests of a man named Hook, when he was offered, under a false name to build its credence, but it was similar.  

Realization and ephiny struck in that moment.  Everything as it was, the cycle had once again started.  He smiled, not out of anger or some madness that had gripped his mind, but out of relief.  It was almost over.  How many times had they almost perished because of their choices?  Their journey had been so dangerous, no one could have followed and done what they had done unchecked.  Surely it was luck that saw them through, impossible that it could happen again.  Cheerily he ate the last of his meal, and returned to bed, a new man.  He would follow Youka, he would see where the wind took him, and then it would be over.  No way could the world stand idly by and watch it all happen again.  The forces would convene like they should have the first time, this new generation could never let the same atrocities occur.  They were no doubt stronger, wiser, they had learned from the past.  Youka couldn't be right that they were all stagnant.  What did he know, he had literally been living under a rock for a very long time.  A smile widened as his head rested on the pillow.

Maybe even in their first stop, he would see the truth of the matter.  He would see on the throne of were so much power had sat, someone would have taken the reigns.  They'd have made it strong, and not fallen into the pits that power often provides.  No one would take up the crown of responsibility just for title in this world....no no no, it would all be fine.  They likely would see it all soon, and then....they could be onto the next thing.  Whatever that next thing was.  Perhaps it would work out, and Maku and Youka would go to Fang, speak with Den and go from there.  Yes, that sounded nice, a simple job, a quick job, then they could have the rest of their lives to figure out what to do with their lives.  Youka's melancholy would end, he'd see he wasn't needed, and he could just be a priest again.  Maybe help with the clinic who knows.  Yep, nothing could go wrong, and with those happy thoughts Maku fell asleep.....nothing bad would happen.

TWC -  5009

exit

Claims

+100ap for training max stats
+5009 towards awakening Rinnegan
Howl
Howl
Citizen
Stat Page : Howl's Fat Stats
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default