Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Surviving the Apparition of MalevolencyToday at 4:36 amKaiya UchihaWhere the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 24500

Moving Up In The World (Asahi) Empty Moving Up In The World (Asahi)

Thu May 12, 2022 5:00 pm

Yamato

Well, this was new.

Yamato had heard about Asahi’s semi-recent promotion, but standing in front of the office, a wall separating them… It was like the truth was finally hitting him in the face. It was not just a formality after all. He had the office to himself and everything.

Yamato was happy for Asahi.
He thought.

Maybe he was a little sad.

He had hoped that he and Asahi would have some time to follow the trails they were finding all around the village. To be fair it wasn’t clear yet. Maybe Asahi would still have time to go on a few excursions with his blonde sidekick.

But the wall…
It just did not seem that way.

Yamato gathered his courage anyway and knocked on the door. There were some guards here and there throughout the building, and obviously, Yamato had been scheduled and cleared to meet Asahi. The last guard (or ‘assisstant’, but that’s not how Yamato saw the world) had told Yamato that it was his time to walk in. He could have just walked in. He had literally been told to… But the wall… It just felt best to knock on the door. To be polite…

He knocked two times, and waited for a response.

There was a work bag under his right armpit that was overflowing with papers and notebooks. He was visiting a friend, he was visiting a friend he hadn’t seen in some time, he was visiting a friend who had an office with a wall that blocked him… He was also visiting the village’s leader, the kage, he was visiting his boss… All of those things were true, at the same time. All of those things Yamato would have prepared himself mentally (and in most cases, literally) for, and they were all happening at once.

Yamato thought back to their last meetings. They had trailed off while giving Hikari a tour. Yamato regretted that. But the worse one was the festival. Yamato had been so preoccupied with meeting Yasahiro for the first time that he had neglected Asahi. Now, Asahi was in Yasahiro’s position in a twist of fate, and at the same time… Yamato realized he had failed to make the best of the time he had with his friend. He couldn’t have known his friend was about to suddenly get much busier, but he regretted it still. He always prepared for the worst situations, acted as if the worst case scenario was the likeliest to take place, but he had failed to act that way in the area that mattered most to him: his friend.

And now.
He was expecting the worst.

Post WC: 443
Total WC: 443

Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

Moving Up In The World (Asahi) Empty Re: Moving Up In The World (Asahi)

Thu May 12, 2022 8:26 pm
Unbeknownst to Yamato who stood outside the door riddled with guilt and a variety of other wry serious feelings, Asahi was untroubled.  So untroubled in fact, he’d actually fallen asleep with his head on the desk.  It wasn’t until a chime that reveled he was due a meeting rang out that he snapped awake.  The device had been installed he was told after he’d started business.   Yasahiro did not necessitate such a thing…he was told….again……everyday.  Wiping the drool from his face and unsticking a paper from his forehead he’d hear the tentative two knocks ring out in the room.  “Come on in!”  He’d shout cheerfully.  Extricating himself form the chair, and moving around the desk so he could see his friend.  His excitement was almost palpable as Yamato’s dealings had made it nearly impossible for them to meet up, not to mention Asahi’s own cup running over with jobs and duties.  This excitement was so strong in fact; he forgot to control himself.  His spirit reaching out and intermingling with Yamato’s own.  A memory would flash through his friends eyes, he’d see Asahi alone at the entrance of a cave, blood gore all around him as the blonde faced a presumed priest of an evil spirit, though the outcome would not be known to Yamato.  He’d simply see the start.  Still Asahi stood before him, so couldn’t have been that bad aye?

The memory that Yamato held would flash into Asahi’s mind, and he’d slightly curse himself for not controlling his abilities better.  It wasn’t a bad thing, but he did think it a touch rude at times.  An intimate thing memories from one’s own eyes….at least get dinner first.    

Presumably his friend would enter, getting a first look at the office.  It was a standard sized office, that smelled heavily of parchment paper.  The desk that Asahi sat back on was a finely polished, although worn cherry, it’s top clustered with a variety of papers.  A glance would show personal files form the budding militia, a host of official looking mission details, and other documents alluding to different social projects around the village.  Behind Asahi two large windows helped light the room, both open causing the front breeze to rustle the parchments every few moments.  The walls lined with bookshelves, old volumes categorized….clearly not by Asahi….by volume detailing a history of sorts for Tanbogakure.  Leaning on the right side of the desk where two objects.  A finely crafted ninjato in sheath, as well as a large fan that seemed to have a certain power of its own.

Before Yamato had a chance to speak, Asahi would push off from the desk, moving quickly over to his friend embracing him.  “It’s been too long, and after all that nastiness last time.”  He’d say winking as he leaned back from the embrace his right hand touching just over his heart were a black seal had been placed.  “Still, can’t sweat the small stuff aye?  How have you been, what have you been up to, you must tell me everything!”  His smile was infectious, both from the reunion and a good reason to escape the paperwork he’d so diligently been working on.

Though there was one more reason.  He’d compiled a large amount of notes and theories on the evil spirit at this point, it occupying the majority of his free time.  Yasahiro felt with the Zukumiki, Asahi the spirit, it was a good use of their time.  Still, he’d give Yamato a chance to breath and a word in, at least for a moment.  

TWC - 593

Jutsu used - Ninshu
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri May 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Yamato

Yamato had recently become familiar to the feeling of Ninshu. But Mori had used it with precision, with clear intention to show Yamato what he wished to see. This was a new side he of Ninshu was being shown. It was transparent, honest. And so, it seemed, was Asahi. The Yamanaka was already inside the room, and he took a seat when he was invited to.

It was good to see Asahi again. He seemed different. Just a little bit. He still carried the same spirit. "Nastiness?" Yamato repeated, hurt. He looked down, a smile covering up his disappointment. "That’s not the word I would have chosen, if that’s how you feel, I would actually prefer we talk about it.". He looked around the room. "I’ll admit I haven’t been the easiest person to get in touch lately… But you’ve also been a busy man, I see… How’s the Kage life treating you? Has it been easier to find dates? If that even was possible for you...".

Yamato had been attempting his best to keep the conversation light and friendly. He usually wasn’t much of a fan of small talk, but he had lost his touch so starting anywhere seemed good enough at the moment. He took a deep breath. He was trying to keep his attention on the current conversation, and pretend everything was simple and nice, but his spirit was betraying him. Their mental connection appeared to be a two-way street. A glimpse of Yamato’s memories was swiped away from him by this force in the room. A vision of Yamato working on mad writing for on a sleepless night. A table covered with research on human anatomy and advanced fuuinjutsu, not dissimilar to the ones Yamato brought for Asahi’s operation.

Now that his mind had been drifted that way, he felt the need to ask. "The mark… How is… How are you?".

Post WC: 315
Total WC: 758

Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm
He could see both in the man and in his memories the pride in which he performed his work.  Asahi cursed himself for his chosen words, realizing to late he’d wounded his friend.  He had made the remake off handedly to lighten the mood more than chastise.  Walking forward he’d pay his friend on the shoulder before pulling a chair around from the desk and having a seat as well, he wouldn’t put a desk between them, especially now.  

“Now now..” he’d say “none of that.  There is no hard feelings, I wouldn’t change anything, besides Hikari saw to it I was fixed up, we have nothing unkind to discuss.”  He’d smile hopefully bringing his friend form the revere of guilt.  “That is true….this was not my intention.”  He’d say gesturing around the room.  “In truth it’s a bit tedious, a lot of numbers and talking.  Not that it’s soemthing I can’t do b it……compared to the ebb and flow of working the tea shop, it’s a bit more….dramatic”. He’d say shrugging.  In truth he didn’t think of himself as a Kage, rather an over hyped accountant.  “To busy.”  He’d say shrugging at the date comment, “though there was this girl that took a bit out of me…”. He’d say with a smile pulling down his color, a healing fang mark just visible.  “But what can you do.”

He’d listen as Yamato asked about the mark.  “Not to bad to be honest.  I think I’ve got a full handle on it.”  He looked at his friend and for a brief moment considered sharing his expierences  when he’d died, but then thought better of it.  That could come later, if at all.  He didn’t want his friend to feel any more guilt on the situation.  “Luckily I haven’t had much cause to use it, but…..that day might come, one can never be too careful.  But what about you…what have you been working on?  Got a new experiment yet?”  He’d ask quizzically wondering what all the notes had been about in the memory, as well as the brief case that he still held under his arm.  

He wanted to get to the information he had about the spirit; but this seemed more important.  He’d cleared his schedule they had time.  

TWC - 971
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri May 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Yamato

Yamato’s forced smile turned into a genuine one as he listened to Asahi speak. He sounded sincere, talking about the aftermath of the operation. He would not have faulted Asahi if there were hard feelings. "It’s ok, Asahi.". Yamato looked down again, this time in shame, but he recovered quickly. "While Hikari was thankfully there and… There’s no other way to put it… Saved your life, that I put in danger?". He took a deep breath, then continued, "You did go through a scary situation. I don’t want you to feel like you need to pretend it was no big deal just because we’re friends. I… I am sorry for how it went.".

He chuckled. "Sorry, I didn’t mean to make everything so dramatic. I just wanted to say that I am glad we can finally sit down together and talk like this.". He then listened to Asahi talk about his new job and office. He seemed enthusiastic, as far as Yamato could tell. "Yeah?" he confirmed his friends sentiments, "I gotta say, the tea shop has been sorely missing your presence. Just doesn’t feel the same… The taste of the tea is not quite right, though it might just be in my head. Any plans to return? Is this your station from now on, or only temporary?".

Yamato was being dishonest. The reason he was asking that question was not because of the taste of the tea, but the missions the two could go on together if Asahi had the time again. "Not travelling a lot lately either, I imagine?". He couldn’t help but sneak in some comment about him possibly leaving the office for a bit.

He was more surprised to hear Asahi’s comments about dating. He had assumed the well-dressed man would have been using his power to make sure he had time for mingling. He hadn’t shown himself to be a liar, so even though surprised, Yamato believed his every word. That too, thought, became concerning once Asahi spoke further. "Bit you?" Yamato repeated his friend’s words again. Apparently the Kage life was a lot different from what he had imagined. "I didn’t know that was something people did. Odd.". He looked at the mark left by this confusing event. It almost seemed more visceral to Yamato’s eyes than the mark… He dared not finish the thought… "Well, in her defense?" Yamato spoke again, regaining his demeanor after his confusion passed, "...at least the mark she left on you is only temporary… I hope… You might want to ask Hikari to check that out.". He had tried joking about it only to end up concerned again.

The next bit from Asahi, however, truly grabbed Yamato’s attention completely. It was so rewarding to hear that his experiment had not only worked, but it was working just as intended. It was a tool in a friend’s arsenal that they seemed to cherish. "Mastered it?" Yamato one last time repeated Asahi’s words, this time with a bewildered joy on his face, "That is… Amazing to hear, Asahi. I am grateful. I do hope you will never have to use it, but I have to admit I would love to see what you can do with it, how it looks… No rush, of course, I know you’re a busy man?".
Once questioned about his experiments, Yamato’s face grew sour again, fast. "I… Do have some things cooking, I will admit. One is… Similar to the mark on you. Just for me. I… The details aren’t there yet, I would love to share them with you when they are. On the other hand, I have been working on something that you might be interested in. I was looking through the archives we had recovered, and?". He pulled out one of the notebooks he had in his bag. "I have been working on restoring and modernizing an old seal. It seems to have been used in sealing spirits into stone and other living beings… I believe even in its normal intent it might prove useful, but it could also be used to seal Bijuu and create Jinchuuriki if we found ourselves needing to do so.". He looked through a few more of his papers, but thought better of it. "I have some more things cooking, but I’ll share them as they are finished and perfected… You don’t want to rush science.".

Yamato realized he had been talking quickly and loudly out of excitement for his work. "Sorry, you know how I get about these things… What about you? Have you been able to work on the things you love as opposed to paperwork?".

Post WC: 758
Total WC: 1529

Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 pm
When Yamato mentioned no need to treat it as no big deal Asahi would lean forward placing a hand on his friends shoulder, “it’s no big deal, I mean it.”  He’d say with a wink.  In truth, he meant it so it wasn’t even a lie.  Though there were some negatives, some difficulties it had all worked out.  Worrying about maybes and what ifs was only good for adding stress, so he’d paced it from his mind.  Besides, it had opened up many more doors for him.  “I didn’t say it, but thank you.  I promise it was a well worth experiment, and km glad I was the one to go through it.”  He’d lean back then, in his kind the matter closed.

At his words of the tea shop a slight flush filled Asahi’s cheeks.  “I know!” He’d say in indignation, “that new guy just doesn’t know what he’s doing, and the old crone could never do her shopping properly.  I hate to leave it like that, but alas…. It does seem like this is going to be my job for some time.  The master of the castle was pretty insistent and seemed pleased to lock Yasahiro and myself into a more permanent position.”  He looked a little indecisive about that.  Though this wasn’t his main choice he still felt compelled to do a good job.  If anything just to spite Yasahiro and show that he could.  “Traveling?”  He asked snapping back to Yamato’s words.  “Well not really much outside the village, but I’ve still be taking some missions.  Yasahiro is in charge of the military perhaps, but…..take a look at this.”  He’d say standing and moving over to his desk.  Pulling out a portfolio that bore his name he’d slide it to Yamato.  Inside he’d discover that of all the registered individuals who were qualified to take missions, Asahi Yagami had competed the most to satisfaction.  

“How’s that, you do a good job get a new job.  I did a gig just the other day even, that took me to the mountains, but we will get to that in a few.”  He’d say.  The conversation moving easily and thoroughly.  He’d missed Yamato, he knew that more now than he had even before.

“Ah I’m sure it’s fine, maybe she was just enthusiastic.  Nothing to bother our white eyed doctor with.”  He’d say with a shrug brushing the subject away, clearly not as concerned about the situation.  

As ahi listened intently as Yamato moved through his excitement and curiosity with Asahi’s seal, and then the other older seal.  This seemed the perfect time to interject some of his research.  “No rush, when you get it finished you are always welcome to come in and see me.”  He’d say.  “But, that seal does it by chance….look like this?”  He’d have gotten up, and moved to the separate table, gesturing for Yamato to come over as well.  Inside was a photo of a lion dog statue a seal scratched into its forehead.  “I found one of these….along with all this…”. He’d wave his hand signaling about all the different papers.  From cautionary tales that all seemed to have a dark entity, myths of spirits, oni and kitsune wars, as well as his own mission reports detailing the grave robbers he’d killed with Kato, and the details of the final grave robber that had been sacrificing horses.  A mission that Yamato and he had started leading to those ruins, but they had not finished.  

He’d give Yamato time to look at the papers before he asked if he needed to get back to work.  “Nonsense, this is work just the same as any other.  I’ve been dying to have a decent detective look over these things.”  He’d give out his own scribbling trying to look at everything he’d seen.  In truth he only had a couple solid facts.  All of the Tanbogakure cautionary tales were based around the same entity, cement release had been used in the old times to seal things, and the lion dogs were remnants of that, and something was brewing with these grave robbers…..and his suspicion they were possessed.  He’d sit back, giving his friend a chance to peruse through it all.  

As he did, he’d use the intercom to call for a bottle of sake.  

TWC - 1689
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon May 16, 2022 1:17 pm

Yamato

Yamato’s heartrate was dropping lower second by second as he realized most of his worries about this meeting were fabricated by his fears and insecurities. Asahi seemed sincere and just as glad as Yamato that they were finally having a conversation again. "Thank you too, Asahi. I should mention I performed the operation a few more times on some of our shinobi, Kato, Hayato… Hikari did not need to involve the same extreme measure to keep any of them alive. I haven’t had the chance to check back with them yet, but they are healthy and hopefully enjoying the benefits of the seal as well. Your bravery has touched others after you, and hopefully will continue to do so. Not to mention I can now apply what I learned from your operation to the new seals I’m working on, the Bijuu seal and the other one.".

Yamato reached into his bag. He took out a small white box that was tied up nicely with a red bow. "It’s nothing much, but I wanted to bring a small gift, both as a token of gratitude for all you’ve done for me and to celebrate your new position.". If Asahi took and opened the box, he would find a small, round cake that with layers of vanilla and chocolate bases and strawberries on top and within. "I made it myself. I hope you enjoy it, and I suggest you do while it’s still fresh.".

Yamato otherwise listened to all of Asahi’s words carefully. "It’s no wonder, only a fool would take for granted what you alone gave and continue to give Tanbo, let alone you and Yasahiro together. I must admit, I was hoping you might be able to find some time for us to embark on some missions together. I would love to aid you in your expeditions into this village’s past. I personally have been getting more familiar with the spiritual side of our world as well.".

Yamato carefully examined what Asahi showed him. "They.. do appear similar, especially to the archaic form of the seal… Odd… I obviously can’t say anything about them without further research… It always feels like the more puzzle pieces I find, the bigger the puzzle itself turns out to be and I’m farther rather than closer to getting the full picture… Oni and kitsune, is this right? Do you think the sighting of these species used to be more common, that we pushed away the spirit realm somehow, or are these myths or metaphors?".

The more Yamato looked through the papers Asahi was showing him, the more confused he became. "It’s hard to decipher these without seeing it with my own eyes. If my research comes to fruition, there’s a chance I could commune with spirits trapped in statues and walls, spirits whose voices who have gone silent unlike those who travel our lands freely. Have you had any recent sightings? What have you been up to in your research lately?". Yamato looked to Asahi with enlarged eyes, ready to take in every bit of information from the new Kage.

Post WC: 516
Total WC: 2045

Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Mon May 16, 2022 11:16 pm
“Bijuu?”  Asahi would say with a mild amount of confusion.  He’d heard the word before, but was coming up with a blank on what it meant.  “That’s…..a bit of its own legend isn’t it?”  He would say, hoping that Yamato would fill in the blanks.  He’d listen if the man opted to divulge what he knew.  Asahi’s upbringing had been rather, narrow.  Common ideas and knowledge that the shinobi world could take for granted were often lost on him.  

“Mmm, that could be interesting…..”. He would say patiently, considering the information on the tailed beasts that Yamato might give him, on top of what he already knew.  “I wonder…..if what happened here isn’t something similar…..both great entities, both sealed, both……….well I’m not sure.   I think your research in this seal though may be more important than you know.”  He would finish with a seat.  There was always the possibility that what they were hunting….would in time make itself found.  Then what though….Asahi had performed exorcisms before but of minor spirits, of entities that were comparable to himself, something like this though, would be far beyond such normal means. 

As though his friend noticed the dark revere that was beginning to sink it’s claws into him, a present was provided.  Asahi’s eyes lit up, and a sparkling of a held back tear could be noticed by those that paid attention.  “Thank you Yamato…..that…..this…means a lot to me.”  He’d say wiping his eyes.  It wasn’t that the position hadn’t received a fair bit of congratulations, but it had all been very business like.  Very much a reminder of the responsibilities that would be shouldered and the duty that needed kept.  This however, was the first real gift of sincerity.  A true gift, and it meant more to him than he could say.  Whatever had happened, whatever would happen, it was these moments that had begun to tether the Yagami to this place.  He’d thought when they’d set out of the compound all those years ago, that the world no longer had a place for him.  His destiny would be to wander and watch out for Yasahiro, and now….it seemed the world had given back to him.  

Calling out he had a couple plates and forks brought up, insisting that Yamato share the cake with him, no would not be an answer he was told.  In the midst of sugary enjoyment, the rest of the conversation would move back to business.  “The kitsune I can’t say……the Oni though……”  Asahi would close his eyes, and focus.  Opening his eyes he’d reach forward and place a hand on Yamato’s, the ninshu commune activating.  Through it the entirety of Asahi’s dream was shown.  His time traveling through a dreamscape that culminated in meeting a ferocious creature, with the voice of a maiden.  The game that he played against the monstrosity, and ultimately his defeat and signing of the contract with the oni, his mission to help them push back the evil spirit.  

Snapping back to reality, he’d smile slightly.  “So many things happen, so often time marches forward aye?  There will be time for missions together my friend, sooner than you think if fear.”  Hold his friends hand the commune would start again, this time showing his fight against the possessed grave robbers, and then the man who sacrificed his comrades and horses, blood drenched caves all for a creature unseen.  

When they returned Asahi looked serious for a moment.  “Not as a Kage, but as a friend……I’d like you to take this research more serious than I know you already have.  This isn’t something I’ll be able to do alone, and I think you might be the one person in the village who can help.”  He’d take a bite of the cake and then smile, braking the tension, “so no pressure right?”

He’d continue to finish his hit of the cake before getting a second helping, giving Yamato longer to review the rest of the dossiers as well as mull over the missions from Asahi’s own eyes he’d shown him.  

TWC - 2364
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed May 18, 2022 10:45 am

Yamato

Yamato looked at Asahi. "Oh, sorry. It hadn’t occurred to me that you might not be familiar with Bijuu. I’ve never seen one with my own eyes, of course, but I have second-hand knowledge of them through good source. Basically, they’re big powerful spirits. It might sound like I’m dumbing it down for you in a condescending manner but the truth is I know little more about them. I knew about certain Jinchuuriki when I lived in other villages, people who the Bijuu had been sealed in. I fear I would need time to research if you wanted more detail.". Yamato thought for a second if it was okay to admit more to Asahi about his past. His years in Suna and Kiri specifically had granted him some more knowledge about the Bijuu, but even if Yamato was to give up his secrets, what he had heard might have been more rumors than hard facts. He chose to let it go for now. "So all in all, yes, mostly legend, but I have it on good authority that it’s based on truth.".

Yamato listened to Asahi’s answer. "A spirit sealed here, huh? Well that tracks with the information I found. There probably are a lot of them. What is this specific spirit you mentioned, can you tell me anything else? It does sound like we could get to the bottom of it all if we put both of our minds to it… And do a bit of research of course...". Yamato wondered if the spirit sealed within Tanbogakure was in fact a Bijuu, or a spirit of similar stature. He tried to recall what happened to all of the Jinchuuriki that he had heard about on his travels. He couldn’t come up with any that would have logically ended up in Tanbogakure. Perhaps it was one he hadn’t heard of, perhaps it was no Bijuu at all. Soon, he realized that there was little benefit to theorizing about it. Research and examination of the seals would have proven more useful than directionless pondering.

Yamato watched Asahi’s facial expressions once he received his present. A smile appeared on his own face, when he realized the Yagami genuinely seemed to appreciate the gesture. "I hope you like it." Yamato repeated with joy.

Asahi then put him through a Ninshu technique familiar to him, but though familiar, it was still a weird experience. The visions he was given were dark and dreamish. "Oni?" Yamato repeated once Asahi’s sharing of memories was over. "Huh. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for you, and glad it worked out in the end. So… You signed… A contract with them? You should always have a second party read through your contacts before you sign, Asahi. You can’t imagine what kind of tricks people are willing pull, let alone spirits.". Yamato was legitimately concerned. He hoped Asahi hadn’t signed away his spirit in the afterlife. "Do you have a copy of it with you, did you go over it afterwards? Maybe we should see if we can find a spirit that has a good understanding in law and have them be your guide.". He took a breath. "Sorry, I think I was rambling again.".

Asahi said it in a worried tone, but the implication that the two might have to go on a mission only put a smile on Yamato’s face. "It would be more an honor than shame for me, Asahi." he said softly,” But I understand if you’re too busy, and I’d be okay with taking a team of Tanbo shinobi with me instead. Unless we could do both… You and me leading a spirit squad into the heart of Tanbo..."[/color]. His eyes had drifted away imagining the scenario. "I do great under pressure." Yamato answered Asahi’s final worries with another smile, "So I do not mind the threat. Whether you have asked me to do it or not, I was going to continue the research but of course, your encouragement only gives me more enthusiasm. If there isn’t anything else you’d like to ask of me or tell me, I suppose I’ve bothered you enough for one day. I could return to my research and bother you again soon. What do you think?".

Post WC: 708
Total WC: 2753

Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Wed May 18, 2022 8:03 pm
“I’m not sure then….”  He’d say scribbling down the word “bijuu”. “I’ll check what we have here in the castle and see if the records show anything.  Maybe they are similar…..that would be more to go on.”  He’d say considering the new information.  He wasn’t sure what the spirit was, was it just that a spirit or something more.  Emotions mattered, past events mattered, all those things granted energy and the energy had to go somewhere.  The past of Tanbogakure was important for its future…..if only he knew more.  “We have an aid here, I’ll have her do some research as well, and have her bring every finding to you, so that nothing is held back, sound good?”  He’d ask a fresh smile on his face.   

A little sheepishly he looked down.  “I mean….I kind of…..glanced over it…”. He’d say in response to the contract.  It made sense that he should have read more into it, but at the time it had seemed the only option.  It was one thing to discuss such matters in the daylight, another to be surrounded by creatures all with bloodlust in their eyes.  “I don’t think I can get a copy just like that, but I’ll see.  I have two oni that respond when I call, but petulant little buggers the both of them.  I won’t submit you to that, if I get anything I’ll have it sent to you as well.  You are the only one I’d really trust with something like that.”  He’d say honestly.  

Soon the cake would be finished and Yamato would discuss leading a spirit team, something that Asahi smiled about.  It was rather grand and exciting, something he would very much like to do, away from the confines of the stuffy office.  Taking the reigns had never been his plan, but helping the village always was.  “I’m confident that may happen.  I don’t know Yamato….I’ll be honest I have a bad feeling about all this…..I don’t want to get too dramatic but maybe it’s the reason I’m here, or a reason to stay…..either way, I’ll need you when the time comes that I’m certain of.”  He’d smile, and go back to sitting at his desk.  Shuffling through papers for a moment, he’d add…”perhaps…..there might be something I’ll need your assistance on soon.  I’ll send you a message when I’m ready, maybe your prayers if a mission will come sooner than you think.”  He’d smile, and watch as his friend would gather his belongings, in all likelihood leaving unless there was more business to be settled.  As if by fate after he left a paper caught his eye that he didn’t remember seeing before, the sound of girlish laughter from two individuals just barely noticeable from no where and everywhere at the same time…….a bit ominous truth be told.  

TWC - 2834

Claims

2000 words towards cement release on Asahi 

834 towards Tojinbo for Ivy Bluemoon

+13 to chakra for Ivy Bluemoon 
+15 to strength for Ivy Bluemoon
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum