Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Substitute TeacherToday at 10:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 9:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 9:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 9:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 9:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 9:33 amHanzo UchihaShinji's Brazen ArrivalToday at 9:28 amHanzo UchihaMeeting under the moonToday at 8:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 8:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 7:59 amAizen Chinoike
Top posting users this month
157 Posts - 22%
137 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
56 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
38 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen
Stat Page : Frigid Blade
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 21270

Farmer gatherers Empty Farmer gatherers

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:20 am
Mission:

Hayato looked out over the endless fields of rice into the distance from his bedroom window. The sight was something he'd miss once he finally moved into the confines of the village. It was early. A time only farmers and their charges would choose to wake up to. Naturally, Hayato's view was not one he shared alone. The Rice paddies had plenty of denizens of the hardworking variety. Hayato waved to a passing pair of such people moving their hay from one pasture to the next, and they waved back. Though the sun had yet to rise, the land of rice still held its warmth. 

Today, Hayato would be doing something akin to his former part time job, but with an added sense of danger. Tsuga diversifolia, better known as Hemlock. The crop he and his fellow shinobi would be tasked with bringing in for a customer of the village. Hayato wasn’t sure why someone would be in the market for such a poisonous plant, but Hayato’s job wasn’t to ask those types of questions. He just needed to get the job done. 

Hayato sighed to himself before making his way over to his bed. He slowly dressed himself in his navy colored ronin robes. He tightened the obi, affixed with two tool pouches, around his waist before sliding his katana and wakizashi beneath it. Hayao had become accustomed to carrying them now. They felt like they weighed much less than when he bought them. A normal part of his usual attire. Though, he hadn’t had a real reason to use them against a person yet he wasn’t itching to draw them. The boy reached into his drawers and pulled out a pair of protective gloves and a cloth mask that he quickly put on. He looked like some kind of industrial food or chemical worker. Finally Hayato finished off his outfit as he always did. He picked up his Tanbogakure headband and tightened it around his head watching himself in the mirror. Here goes nothing…

Hayato stepped out into the cool morning air. He noticed his mother had let the chickens out earlier. A kind gesture as she knew he had a mission today.  Hayato counted the amount of heat signatures he felt to make sure all the fowls were back in the hutch. Once he was satisfied he closed the door, and headed off to the proposed meeting spot. A fork in the road just about a 1 km from the village gates. 

Hayato passed by a few villagers and farmers who lived on the outskirts on his way there, but nothing out of the ordinary. He waited next to the road sign to see who, if anyone, would show up.  

[WC:454]
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Faded Glory
Ryo : 23750

Farmer gatherers Empty Re: Farmer gatherers

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:54 am

Komori

It seemed harder to get out of bed as of late. Many of his friends, old and new, might just have shared this feeling, as their own presences were lessening further by the day. Komori sighed. He had been more than fine over the past few years of isolation, as less wars to fight and less conflict were in fact the very reasons he chose to settle down out here. Yet, now that he had tasted companionship once more, it was all the more damning when it faded away once again. A mission, the man had thought, might be just what was needed in order to force him out of his slump. There were not many things that needed doing in the land of rice, the general social structure a lot less militarized than that of Kumogakure. One of the few requests at the time appeared to be searching for hemlock; something that should not be all that difficult.

Donning his normal bleak gray attire that not only allowed him to remain largely inconspicuous, but was now also a reflection of his daily mood, he headed out into the cool day, the sun largely remaining hidden behind a mass of clouds. He began to walk the streets leisurely, eventually coming across Hayato, who he had not seen since the training grounds. He raised his right arm, the storm sleeve peeking out from beneath his loose fitting apparel. “Hayato,” he called out in order to get his attention and prevent the possibility of scaring him. “Good to see you again.”

WC: 259
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:29 pm
The normality of waking up and realizing his cousin had signed him up for another mission had become so common, that it was beginning to border on cliche.  Should one look at his life as though it was some form of collective short stories one might even come to the conclusion that there was a bit of lazy story writing going on.  Alas, sometimes life was just as dull as a bad story, and regardless....he could always use the money.  Besides Hemlock was poisonous......and an herb......but the pufferfish was also poisonous and delicious if cooked and cut right.  So, by extension he wondered if Hemlock done properly could make a delicious herbal tea.   It was a long shot may haps, but still one worth looking into.  So it was with this on his mind that he continued to walk down the road.  As he did so lighting his long kiseru, a trail of hazy blue smoke wafting from the end as he puffed on the pipe.  Currently, Asahi was dressed in a simple sakura floral kimono.  Well, simple by his standards.  His hair was let loose, waving about his shoulders, kimono mostly left open his bare chest and stomach covered in a series of inky stained linens.  On his left hip his ninjato bounced rhythmically against his hip.  A habit, more than a preclude to feelings of unease.

The notice had told him there would likely be others on the mission, though it had failed to list the actual other takers.  What was life though, without the prospect of new friends and old friends met within the myriad of one's day.  He heard the distant voice call out, and around the time the Yuki answered he'd have made his own way to be among the new trio.  "Heyo!"  He would say before sending a blue smoke ring into the air, a tingling spreading from his lips to the rest of his body as the *cough* medicinal *cough* herb spread throughout his system.  He recognized both the individuals, though he was far more familiar with Hayato, though it had seemed to have been some time.  He gave a polite nod and smile towards the drab dressed man and greeted the other with the thoughts on his mind, "Hayato my friend, we are always together to grab one thing or another.  Flowers a bit easier than rocks though I suppose!"  He said with a laugh.  "So, do we know where we are going?"  The question hung in the air until someone answered, Asahi happy to keep puffing away on his pipe.  

TWC - 429
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen

Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:05 am
Hayato thought for sure today would be the day he would lead a mission but it was not meant to be. He was joined by the experienced Mori and the spiritual Asahi. Unknown and Chunin rank respectively. Though he wouldn't be in charge of his companions today he would be glad to see them both regardless. 

Hello Mori-san, and Asahi! He gave a polite greeting through his face mask and deep bow to the pair. It is nice to see both of you again. I didn't know if I'd be going alone today or not. I trust you have been well? He asked eyeing them both. Niether looked worse for ware so he then acknowledged that Asahi and he had been collecting things together more often than not. It seems that the untapped natural beauty of Tanbogakure has lead to a number of herb and mineral collection businesses to come here for their supply... He mentioned this in passing before nodding to Asahi's final question. 

Occasionally I have been on mountain walks on the days I don't train. There are plenty of spots for peaceful meditation... He thought back to his training in concentration breathing and the prescribed daily meditation in the scroll he learned it from. Even to the decidedly mild mannered Hayato, it was boring to meditate in the same place  every day, so he occasionally journeyed out of his house a good ways for the day.

I have a good idea of where this hemlock may hide. I hope you all brough protective gear, but if not I will simply do the collecting... He looked to the right fork and pointed in that direction the path that lead up into the mountains surrounding the plains of Tanbogakure. If you would like to follow me. Hayato would start walking along the path. What have you been up to since we last met? It has been a little while? He asked his question for he was curious. The hike wouldn't be over long. It was possible one of the others could spot the targeted plant on a ridge or slope on the way. Regardless Hayato would lead them to where he was certain the poisonous plant grew. 

WC:375
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:48 am

Komori

“Well enough,” came Komori’s calculated reply. He did not wish to burden those around him with his own self imposed isolation, the drive of rejoining the shinobi world now reduced to a fading spark in his single blue eye. Rather, he was here on a side mission of his own to see if that spark would survive or be put out altogether. Lazily or leisurely, a third joined the pair with a puff of colorful smoke and a smile. It was the very same androgynous person who had been in the bar that night. A night which seemed like so very long ago. The events of that night were still rather foggy to the man, as were the memories of what came afterwards. The eye of the former kage darted to the newcomer to gauge his response to Hayato's inquiry as well. Before Komori could even scratch his head as to trying to remember if he had known the man’s name, Hayato saved him the trouble by announcing it.

This mission was not his to command, so Komori was more than open to Hayato’s drive to take charge, even if that was not his intent. Technically speaking, Hayato presently outranked Mori as a shinobi, as the Hozuki was still unaffiliated with the proper channels of Tanbogakure. The door was open, yes, but he had his reservations for crossing the threshold. The mountains seemed like as good a spot as any to begin their search, as the sparsely found herb would be much more likely found in the untouched depths of nature as compared to the carefully cultivated farmstead. Komori remained laissez faire to the notion of protective gear, as he was unsure if natural poisons necessarily even affected his genetic makeup. Only time would tell. “Sounds good to me.” He looked towards Asahi for any objections. “Lead the way.”Should the group continue along, Mori would observe if Asahi went to answer the question Hayato posed. Otherwise, Komori would answer the ambiguously asked inquiry, “The usual. The fields require precise care, so much of my time has been devoted to toiling away in the paddies. How about yourself?”

WC: 358
TWC: 617/1500
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:11 am
Taking his lead from Mori, and decidedly wanting the lead from Hayato, Asahi was more than pleased to take a back seat.  His official ranking within the village in his mind was a formality at the best of times, and a burden during others.  His interests lied in the spiritual, and those outside the material plane of existence.  Matters such as ordering people around and soldiering….well it wasn’t his cup of tea, and he knew quite well how to make a cup of tea thank you very much.  With this, he’d give a similar gesture in doppelgänger fashion to Mori’s own, allowing Hayato to be the de facto leader.  

Puffing away on his pipe he listened as the rugged gentleman described his farming.  “Good for the soul farming.”  He’d say with a smile, “though I’ll be honest I barely manage to keep my little herb garden growing.”  His smile was still wide.  His kind drifted to the small windowsill plot he had that held several delicate herbs.  Hardly even gardening, he still assumed it counted for the pillar of samurai code he followed, besides it was merely a small part.   

He’d wIt for Hayato to describe what he had been up to in response to Komori, before he interjected his own escapades.  “Busy busy, between the tea house and opening up my little shop, the needs of the world have me shackled.”  His voice was fairy dramatic and sour, though his facial expression revealed the sarcasm of the statement.  Yes, busyness was the business these days, but he couldn’t deny he enjoyed it.  “If either of you show up, I promise 50% off any palm reading or seance, money back if unsatisfied  ……well no wait….if I’m giving ya discount no money back, but it’s still a good deal!”  He’d clap his hands together, pipe bouncing between his lips as he walked.  

Pleasantly the stroll would pass before they arrived where Hayato had his hunch about hemlock.  “Ummm I didn’t bring anything protective….”  He’d say holding his arms out, his kimono on display.  “But, I’m sure I’ll be fine.”  The kiresu had vanished, his hands together to crack his knuckles.  “Sooooo maybe important….but…..what does hemlock even look like?”  He’d say staring around at the landscape, it all just looked like plants to him.

TWC - 811 / 1500
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen

Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:55 am
Hayato thought that Mori's answer must be leaving out some details. Why was he on this mission if he hadn't become a shinobi once again? The boy wanted to question, but it wasn't his place. Hayato had not been ready for his question to be turned back on him so quickly, but he knew it was coming. 

Asahi commented on farmings spiritual qualities. Hayato hadn't considered them before, but he supposed he meant the benifits of watching something grow as time passes. It was good for the soul I've picked up a little work at the forge, and I've been training of course. My days as a farmer are behind me but I was a decent field hand. Let me know if you need help in your fields. I'm sure I could help you nurse your herbs back to health as well. Hayato offers his assistance as it seemed like both men could use it. It was the thing co-workers and neighbors did for one another.

I didn't know your shop was already opened. I hope business is going smoothly. Hayato had no ill will towards the man. Asahi had been quite helpful to learn from, but he wasn't a big believer in ghost or the supernatural. He'd never seen one or experienced it and he was well read. To him they were all just stories. A way to explain the unexplainable or possibly a way to make a quick buck. Though his mother was quite the opposite she had many a remedy, story, and talisman passed on to her from her parents that dealt with the supper natural. I'll tell mother later...

Just as Asahi asked about the appearance of the herbs they were looking for. Hayato pointed to a field filled with white flowers. They were small. each stem leading to a different tiny white flowering cluster. The wind rustled through the open field carrying their poisonous scent.   

The white flowering plant with leaves like parsley. Be careful even just touching them can lead to a bad time. Three bushels should do it, but don't worry I should be able to handle it. Hayato set off into the field making sure to collect each from the stem with a gloved hand. He wouldn't mind if the other joined him, but he looked over often while he collected to make sure there was no trouble afoot. 

WC:401
TWC:1227/1500
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:01 am

Komori

Asahi had largely been in the background, but that appeared to be by design. Hayato gave off the impression that he was rather excited about being able to direct the flow of the mission. At least, that was how it appeared to Mori. He commended Komori’s activities as being good for the “soul”, whatever that was meant to mean. The former kage had been considering the belief that his own soul might just be beyond saving at this point, so there was little to no reason why he should choose his activities based on the perceived inability to change what has been done. He was not sure what Asahi meant by “herbs”, but regardless, he would most definitely not be asking to borrow his pipe anytime soon. 

“Metalworking is quite the respectable art form,” Komori commented, his mind already wandering back to the Kobayashi forge in Kumogakure. “It would be a shame to deprive Tanbogakure of such an artisan by wasting his talents away as a lowly field hand.” The Hozuki allowed himself a wry smile as he spoke to Hayato. Asahi, in the meantime, had opted to open his own shop in addition to working at Taika’s. A skeptical eyebrow was raised at the mention of what Asahi offered as services, however. Upon his inquiry as to what the herb that they had been sent to collect even looked like, Komori’s lips parted, but just as quickly pursed shut once again. This was unofficially Hayato’s mission, so he wanted to see what the boy would say towards those who opted to partake in missions without doing their due diligence. The Yuki answered in such a manner to denote that he had done what one was meant to do. Deciding to at least participate in some manner, he would slip his shoulders out of his shirt, the article hanging off his toned body quite loosely. He would carefully step down to the hemlock field, using the fabric of his shirt to protect his bare hands from the poisonous plant as he plucked the roots from the soil.

WC: 347
TWC: 964
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:16 am
Though neither outright admitted it, he felt he could tell both men where most interested in his shop.  Likely just not wanting to expose their interests in front of the other for fear of seeming weak or desperate.  It was a common thing, and one day Asahi hoped such stigmas could be abolished so all could live a more pleasant and fulfilling life.  Still, this was the way of the world so he wouldn’t push the issue.  The rest of the walk concluded, and the youthful Yuki explained the mission with clarity.  Looking at the fields, Asahi noted the flowers he was intended to collect.  

He watched as the two men got their hands dirty so to speak.  It was valiant and honest work, of that there was no doubt.  Still, Asahi looked at his hands, then his kimono.  Neither of which he was willing to dirty with the soul of earth, and getting poisoned overall seemed like a bad time as well. Tearing some of the clean linen from his body he would wrap it tightly around his nose and mouth, fashioning a face mask to avoid inadvertent Inhalation of the flower.  Next he drew his katana in a simple, yet well executed maneuver.  Bringing it down, he could feel his spiritual energies becoming in tune with the steel of the ninjato, causing it to glow a feint rainwater blue.  The shape extended over the blade but then extended a further two meters, forming into a long drop down scythe shape that one might use for farming.   

With his home made utensil, he carefully cut through the plants.  Making sure to stay back, and not move forward until the cut plants had laid down gently.  It was slow work, but he was able to quickly cut many of the plants so that they lay down for easy collection by one of the other men.  All the whole he puffed happily on his pipe humming a Tanbogakure folk tune, though a little out of tune.  “Do you think this stuff could be made into a tea?”  He’d ask, his words a little muffled from the tight lipped hold he had in the kiresu, “pufferfish are poisonous but yummy right?  So maybe same kind of thing?”  He had originally meant to keep the idea to himself, but he figured it couldn’t hurt to get some outsider perspective on his plans.  Right?

TWC - 1211 / 1500
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen

Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:52 am
Hayato collected a full bushel of the flowered plant. He made short work of his task with full focus on not only doing his job, but also keeping an eye on both of his teammates. He looked over to the others and saw they had fashion a basic level of protection and were busy at work as well. 

Once Hayato was finished with his own amount of flowers he went to help collect those that Asahi was cutting with his blade. Hayato had been careful to make sure he didn't damage the plants too heavily while he picked. He was worried about Asashi's methods, but he was certain that the hardy and prosperous hemlock would continue to plague the mountainside regardless of how rough the three shinobi were with them. He noticed that Mori had collected his from the root. After thinking back to what he had read of the flower the entire thing leaves, flowers, root, and all were poisonous. It didn't seem to matter how the plants were collected so he raised no fuss at either of the methods.

As he got closer to Asahi's handy work he new he had nothing to worry about the man was perhaps more gentle with the flowers than Hayato had been with his hands.

I wouldn't suggest trying it. From what I know of hemlock ingestion could be fatal. Hayato left it at that unwilling to muller over the prospect any longer.

After they had obtained the required amount Hayato went about wrapping the plant in thick paper scrolls he retrieved from his pouches. Alright I think that will do it! Hayato was pleased it had gone smoothly. Shall we head back? 

WC:284
TWC:1511/1500
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum