Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Meeting the BladeToday at 1:13 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsToday at 12:49 pmKakushin SenjuThe Dark Side ArisesToday at 12:27 pmRanagi JomajoDaiki getting in Moon!Today at 11:48 amSakoshi KurosawaSubstitute TeacherToday at 6:55 amAyato HyuugaKintsugi is hereToday at 5:39 amHanzo UchihaA new man Today at 5:37 amHanzo UchihaThe first few steps in Today at 5:36 amHanzo UchihaThe wolf and the lambToday at 5:34 amHanzo UchihaMay the gods bless the broken roadToday at 5:33 amHanzo Uchiha
Top posting users this month
158 Posts - 22%
139 Posts - 19%
86 Posts - 12%
70 Posts - 10%
57 Posts - 8%
52 Posts - 7%
51 Posts - 7%
45 Posts - 6%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kurokawa Hanzo
Kurokawa Hanzo
Citizen
Stat Page : The Ruthless
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 5300

Tamago Kake Gohan [Open] Empty Tamago Kake Gohan [Open]

Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:03 pm

WfWKm9t.png
Feeling the ruthless still
I'LL TAKE
Y O U ↓

So far so good. This village seemed to have a high number of entertaining individuals that were taking up residency within it. He didn't mind most of them, especially given the fact that none of them seemed to be the emo depressive type. Still, he felt as though he had a long way to go if he wanted to become a proper utilizer of shinobi skills. But there was one thing he noted from his training in the academy that was weighing heavily over his head. Using swords and shit wasn't really up his ally. In fact, he was better off punching things in the face and shit. But not with his exposed hands... that just didn't feel right to him. No... if he could use his deep understanding of weaponry in conjunction with that taijutsu nonsense that he had heard about, he'd be able to double or even triple the offensive output that he already had. What better way to learn how to do all that punching and kicking than to go out to the advanced training facilities here in Tanbogakure. Though he found it odd that there was such a place here... given the whole guise of the village being that it was peaceful or some other bullshit.

He had entered this location wearing a loose-fitting gi that was white in color, with a white sash around his waist as well. He didn't remove his applewood sandals until he had already reached the center of this section of the training facility, which seemed to be an open clearing surrounded by stone constructs, mimicking the terrain of the land of stone. The best way to train Taijutsu was in a place that had lots of breakable objects in his opinion. With the large pillars it gave off vertically to the location as well, which he'd be able to focus on at a later point in time. On his back he had carried in a large bundle of rice straw, enough to look like he had been carrying around a bale of hay. He figured that if he was going to be forced to learn Taijutsu, he had better learn how to make his own weaponry to aid in such an affair. He wanted to use weapons that could be used conjunctively with hand-to-hand combat. So he'd have to rely on his creativity if he wanted to be successful. Slinging the pack off his back and onto the dirt before him, he knelt down. Looking around to see if he could see any familiar faces about the place.

"Way more people out here than I expected. Though looks like we are all spread out." He did note that the landscape seemed to not be entirely craggy, and that the simulation area that he had approached did have quite a bit of foliage and water past the larger pillar that he had passed while making his way to the center of the clearing. It catered to a lot of different training options, which meant that the likelihood that someone would conduct their training here was a lot higher than he had initially thought. Not that he had an issue with this, however. He guessed that anyone that came here to train was truly dedicated to self-improvement and was worthy enough to warrant some measure of respect. Still, he wanted to harden his body and his mind. This was going to be quite the painful experience, but after his meeting with the physician he knew it was important to dedicate himself to what he did best. He lacked a talent for chakra molding, he lacked a talent for chakra control. But he made up for that with his body. A body he honed through years of hard labor. "Whelp, we might as well start."

He began to weave the various rice straw stocks together, having made several sleeping apparatuses with the material before. Many people didn't realize the sheer advantage that Tanbogakure had on it's hand given that it had access to rice straw, which was a byproduct that came from harvesting rice paddies. Having been a farmer in his youth, he knew that the material was highly versatile in and of itself. While it probably didn't take a genius to know that it could be used to feed animals or to be used in fertilizer, many likely lacked the knowledge that the material was rather sturdy when manipulated properly. One could make paper from or it use it to create ropes of varying sizes. That was the goal that Hanzo had in mind today, making long enough ropes that he could use to wrap around his hands, so that he could make a weapon using the very material of the land that he now called home. He could always use different coating in the future if he wanted to advance the quality of his ropes. But for now, a generic construction would do him well. It would take him some time to get it done, so it was probably best to socialize in the meantime. If such a thing was even possible.

At the very least, for now, he'd be able to infuse the straw with his chakra once he completed the build. He knew the fundamentals of such a maneuver at the very least.

Stats
  • Health 100
  • Chakra 10
  • Vigor 30
  • Speed 30
  • Strength 30
AP
300/300

Active Jutsu
  • None
  • Total AP subtracted is 0 AP

Total Post WC 884
Total WC 884
Total WC Needed 00,884/15,376
Active Skills
None.
Claims
  • ---

Post Information
Things to be Learned:

Tagged
holding my power down's useless.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

Tamago Kake Gohan [Open] Empty Re: Tamago Kake Gohan [Open]

Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:04 am
The construction of the training facility had been underway since Asahi had joined the village. He’d later learn that it was one of the biggest wins of Yasahiro’s current reign as shinobi supreme. Though the village had a small military, it was far from what one might expect. The village was small, and the population not on scale with the larger villages, but it was a folly to think it made the place an easy target. A large industrial power with their crops, and a buy in from its citizens where both huge boons to the place. The facility had been open for a number of days, but having not made the trek in yet, Asahi felt it was time to break the place in.

A large building with multiple rooms for lectures and more traditional trainings, it also had an extensive outside area to participate in trainings of different terrains. Something that Asahi felt was a nice touch. The Yagami samurai compound had often discussed this, how training in ideal situations only got someone so far. The difference between a dojo master, and a survivor in the wilderness was one that often decided who would walk away in a real fight. Back then, he’d not put much stock into these thoughts. His mind on books and girls rather than blades and terrains. Still, a new found passion for self improvement had led to an elongated training arc for his life. The main idea in hoping to put Yasahiro in the dirt even one good time to see the look on the surlier Yagami.

He’d made his way into the busy facility and worked his way through. Exploring and learning what was offered he would eventually wind up in one of the outdoor facilities. Rocks littered the area, the terrain mimicking a rockier valley or perhaps a makeshift mountain top arena. He’d work his way through the arena, eventually finding several dummies made up of different material. The crude human shaped dummies ranged from straw, bamboo, and solid pieces of logs. Nearby a man was seen strapping together several bails for whatever sort of training that he was hoping to perform. Smiling, Asahi looked towards the dummies, a mere 5 or so meters from where the man was.

Taking a stance he stared down the distance to the dummies. It was a fair few steps for any sort of accurate attacks. Currently Asahi wore loos black pants, and his favorite wooden clogs. His ninjato strapped to his hip, his bow he removed from its position pulling the string overtop his head. A quiver had been slid to his opposing hip with a handful of training arrows the facility had provided. A loose white was unbuttoned, and slipping his arms out he let it fall backwards, the facility quite a bit warmer than a typical Tanbo day currently. Long blond hair tied in a ponytail tight behind his head to make sure there wasn’t a distraction.

Notching an arrow he’d pulled back, feeling the heavy tension as he pulled, bringing his shoulder blades back. A bit of a vain grin crossed his lips as he watched his arms do this. Never a bodybuilder, he was at least pleased with the effect. Blue eyes stained down the lane, and on his next exhale he let the arrow fly. It whizzed through the air, a feint hum from the feathers on the end before it caught the side of the wooden faux soldiers heard. The poor quality of the training arrow and the angle it hit caused it to slide and fly off in an unintended direction. It would fly and finally sink into the dirt about 4 feet from the man’s foot.

Making a grimace and shifty look he’d lower the boy and jog off towards Hanzo, his white shirt left to fall and stay in the dirt. “Oyyy! Sorry about that!” He’d say apologetically. “I never misfire I swear, just don’t ask my exes.” He’d try and laugh a little to diffuse the situation with humor. He’d give the man a slight wink as well. “Wait, don’t we know each-other?” He’d say.

TWC - 691
Kurokawa Hanzo
Kurokawa Hanzo
Citizen

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:53 pm

WfWKm9t.png
I'LL TAKE
Y O U ↓

Working the material wasn't that hard, he only needed to worry about the timing and the pace of his braids. Making rope was a skill set that was useful on any farm, so it was a good thing that he had humble beginnings. Still, his concentration was key and much to his dismay his concentration was broken the moment that he had heard a thug in the dirt about four feet away from his current location. Landing directly in front of the man whom was still squatting down to work on the fibers. His eyes would flick up for a moment as he stared blankly at the offending instrument. His expression was muted and seemed to be lacking in readability. Unless a person could read minds, he did a good job of not reacting to the projectile. But his mind was starting to register what had just occurred. He almost got shot.

Almost immediately did his thoughts enter into a state of supreme panic.What in the fucking fuck shit did I almost fucking die and didn't even have a chance to react? Oh, my fucking god I don't want to die who the fuck is trying to kill me? Did I sleep with someone's wife recently? No... no not recently, please god spare m-. His eyes would trace around the location until he picked up on the newcomer, a man with a woman's face. Or at least he figured it was a man due to the flatness of the individual's chest. He'd look them over momentarily before continuing to whittle away at the rice straw that he had gathered. He'd then look over towards the man with a smirk on his face. "Ah... I remember you from the spa. I thought you were a woman, not going to lie." He spoke with confidence.

"The name is Hanzo, it's a pleasure to meet you. I didn't peg you for a bow user. Though that would explain the exes. Stronger fingers amirite?" He'd jest before looking at what his fellow shinobi was wearing. It was a very practical outfit, but the thing that stood out most to him was the ninjato. Was this guy also a bukijutsu user? If so then that was great, he was trying to find someone else whom was steeped in the artform like he was. There were many shinobi who used weapon tools in their everyday lives but not many of them were willing to dedicate themselves to the craft like Hanzo was. "So... you know how to use that thing or is just for aesthetics?" He figured that it would be a good idea to discuss what this guy was good at. Good way to learn about people was asking questions.

Looking down at his construct, he took two of the longest ropes that he had made and draped one over his left shoulder while the other was held in his right hand. He'd raise up fully and hold out his left hand, beginning to wrap the rope around his forearm as he listened to whatever his contemporary had to say. The thing was, making these weapons wasn't an exact science. He still needed to pour his chakra into the ropes. Which he began to do, steadily so that they would harden and become attuned to his body. He was not like most of the other users of weaponry. He liked the simplicity that came with weapon combat. But the idea he had gone forward would require a bit of ingenuity. Good thing his uncle was a blacksmith. Still, it would take just a little bit longer and then he'd be finished finally.

"Not going to lie, I am impressed you're diversifying your skillset."
Stats
  • Health 100
  • Chakra 10
  • Vigor 30
  • Speed 30
  • Strength 30
AP
300/300

Active Jutsu
  • None

Total Post WC 618
Total WC 1,502
Total WC Needed 01,500/15,376
Active Skills
None.
Claims
  • ---

Post Information
Things to be Learned:

Tagged

Last edited by Kurokawa Hanzo on Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:40 pm
As he came upon the man, Asahi was pleased to see that he had not frightened him. Though fairly gifted in perception and information gathering……he was equally gifted in not using his gift unless he was focusing. The mama outward appearance seemed calm, and his words flowed calmly enough, so it was with a sigh of relief that he’d hear the greeting. He’d keep his smile, though some may take offense Asahi was not one easy to offend. Instead he’d give the man a wink. “Aww you think I’m pretty, I appreciate it!” He’d say cheerily with an earnest tone. He’d have stopped moving at this point. Bending down to lift the arrow from its position deep in the dirt.

“I think I vaguely remember.” He’d say at the man’s name. The nights events of the bar was not one he recalled with the greatest of clarity. A reintroduction seemed necessary, and never one to fear giving out his name he’d happily oblige, but not until after the man made a jest. He’d smile, and in a quick motion notch and fire the arrow, it thudding with a loud thunk into the wooden man that had got off with a graze in the last shot, “they get the job done.” He’d say his smile never breaking. “Though they have a tendency to stay busy…..gets you in trouble.” He’d give a faux grimace before laughing.

Following Hanzo’s eyes he’d look down, making sure his pants hadn’t slipped off in the early jog. Instead tracing the man’s gaze he’d see that he was looking the sword. The question came, and finally Asahi was excited to show off a little. His trainings had been done in mostly secret. Not for fear of anyone seeing, or some dramatic arc of training one might witness in a manga. Instead, it had just been practical. His journeys to temples, his morning prayers, all of it had aided in him finding that time alone to practice. The thoughts of Yasahiro and failing at that festival always pushing him a little further.

Now Asahi was not a humble man. It had never been a strength. His cousin though likely more skilled would never think of proving his skills with anything but simplicity and elegant words. Though Asahi knew he was no master, and never pretended to be the battle hardened warrior, he still couldn’t resist. After the question he’d take several paces to lean the now against a stone, before walking backwards. Once he had returned to his original spot his left leg reached back, which started an elegant pivot and swing. Moving as quickly as his body could he executed the QuickDraw technique the blade leaving the sheath in a blur of steel. The blade would hum, a red light seeming to coat the steak as his own spiritual energies flowed through it.

Another quick slash up as if parrying an imaginary blow, before another turn and with a lunge a stab out towards the rock. Though he was several steps back the stabbing motion had pierced the rock his bow leaned against, perfectly placing itself between the string and wood of the simple hunters bow. The energy would retreat back into the blade and with a flourish he’d return the blade to its resting pace before grabbing the bow as he spoke. “I mean don’t get me wrong, I look good with it, but I’m starting to get good with it as well.” Flashy, showy, and honestly unnecessary…..things Asahi loved.

“Diversity is one of the spices of life. I tell people all the time, if you aren’t enjoying all aspects of life, you aren’t really living.” This much was true. It had become one of the tenants his own life was built on. Call it a consequence of dealing with the dead, but it made one want to enjoy what they had before icy claws stole it away. “And you? I assume you aren’t just out here practicing your knitting?” He’d say still smiling though gently ribbing his new compatriot. His comment remarking to the braiding of the rope. For the life of him, he wasn’t sure what the man was doing.

TWC - 1387

(Techs displayed in order: QuickDraw, Parry, Samurai Saver)
Kurokawa Hanzo
Kurokawa Hanzo
Citizen

Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 am

WfWKm9t.png
I'LL TAKE
Y O U ↓

He appreciated the sense of humor that the pretty man seemed to have. It was always a gamble when interacting with these folks from villages. He hadn't been the most couth of men, often getting into shouting matches with children, but when he was invested into something he tended to aim to make sure he did as little as possible to jeopardize the experience. He was aware, however, that certain circumstances were attached to last night that would have made it easy to forget that Hanzo was even there. Primarily his trying to get into that thick blonde's undergarments. He was a man who knew what he wanted. Right now, he wanted to see the skills that this beauty supposedly possessed. So there had to be something that he could learn from him. Oftentimes you could tell if a person was strong merely by how they appeared, how they carried themselves.

Hanzo studied this man closely, religiously, every single muscle twitch and fiber that was showcased would be recorded as a finely woven tapestry deep in the annuls of his mind. Being situated into the most detailed depths of his innermost thoughts. He was studying the man's actions to see if there would be any merit to learning his techniques. Of course, there was nothing that he could do with the first maneuver, but it was impressive. He had long since decided that he was going to abandon his pursuit of swords. It seemed as though any random hillbilly fuck could just pick up a legendary weapon and match him. So, what was the point in investing so much time into learning how to use one. At least in his own opinion, such a route was no longer feasible. No longer on the cards for one such as mighty Hanzo Kurokawa.

Hanzo's attention was immediately enthralled by the second technique on display however. It was a parry of sorts, something that he felt that he could utilize in his arsenal with rather high levels of proficiency should the situation call for it. It allowed the young faux cyclops to wonder if such a thing could be taught to him if he had asked. He still wanted to utilize weapons, it was the reason that he was spending his time making these handwraps. But apply his knowledge to these wraps could be done later. For now he went ahead and took the ropes of his arms and wrapped it around his waist, making an ornate rope belt while he watched the shinobi across form him seemingly get ready to do another motion. Was it another technique that he'd be able to utilize? Perhaps so, if things worked out the way he thought.

That shaping of chakra seemed familiar to him... it was that one technique. The one called Flying Swallow. He had read up about it in that book he purchased from the store not too long ago. It was a technique that required the usage of chakra infusion in order to make an offensive chakra aura around a weapon. He didn't know how to do that technique, but this technique seemed far more potent than what he had read about. He'd have to ask about it later, the first thing he needed to address was the knitting comment. It didn't offend him, but it was humorous never the less. "You've got skills, I can tell you're quite the scary guy. As for my knitting though, I am just making ropes. Ropes are plenty useful for tying people up, or hurting them if you have chakra infusion. Nothing like a good rope trap."

"That technique... was that flying swallow? You know how to do that? Could you teach me that... or whatever it was you just did?" He didn't want to sound ungrateful for the showcase he just witnessed, "...  And what is the likelihood you'd be able to teach me that parrying maneuver, or was it a deflect? I don't know the difference." He seemed somewhat excited given the smile on his face and the shift in his tone. He was truly someone who was fascinated by weaponry as a whole. "Oh! Do you know how to make adjustments when using your weapons. If so, could you teach me that as well? I am very interested in learning, especially since it seems like you know what the hell you're doing." He hoped he wasn't piling things onto this new acquaintance, but the best way to bond with someone in his opinion was to train with one another. He'd pull out a kunai from his pouch, gripping it tightly.

"Might be easier if I knew how to sense chakra in all honesty, haha." Showing he could do the basics of chakra infusion. There was no guarantee that he'd be taught anything from this fellow shinobi, but Hanzo was the kind of man that always paid his debts. There were so many things about the ninja world that seemed foreign to him in concept. He wasn't the kind of guy that found learning the techniques easy. The fact that there were many children walking around the village who had the same skill level that he did wasn't boding well on his psyche as well. "Sorry to ask so much of you, I am a big time lover of weapons. I have been making them for a long time, my uncle was a blacksmith, so I know a thing or two about crafting tools and weapons. It's something I'm pretty proud about."

He knew that Asahi hadn't asked him about his past. It was a very random bit of knowledge to drop onto someone, but he could see that this man liked weapons. He wondered if he also knew how to smith. Perhaps he did, which would have been a relief. It was an art form that many struggled with, and at times the merit of which could be seen as diminishing. But if there were to be any kind of exchange of knowledge. That would be something that he could offer the gorgeous androgynous samurai. Blacksmithing knowledge. Proper knowledge at least.
Stats
  • Health 100
  • Chakra 10
  • Vigor 30
  • Speed 30
  • Strength 40
AP
300/300

Active Jutsu
  • None

Total Post WC 1,019
Total WC 2,521
Total WC Needed 02,521/15,343
Active Skills
None.
Claims
  • ---

Post Information
Things to be Learned:

Tagged
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 pm
The man known as Hanzo would go on, covering multiple subjects.  Asahi’s face moved through several emotions ranging from a pout at being called scary, amusement at innuendos with ropes, bashfulness as the compliments, and amusement at the whole thing in general.  He hadn’t planned to work with anyone, but he wasn’t opposed to it as well.  If the Yagami compound had taught him anything it was that teaching was a better strategy for training than simply moving through the motions.  At least, that had been something Yasahiro’s father had said once.  

It wasn’t until the man finally finished talking and took a breath that Asahi interjected.  “My dad was also a blacksmith. He trained me for it, though my metal didn’t take so to speak.”  His words where with a smile, but his eyes couldn’t help but hint at a small bit of sadness.  He didn’t often think of his father, and the sudden memories had caused a swirl of emotion.  He did not outwardly acknowledge this, and in a flash even the hint was gone.  “It’s been a long time since I looked at the craft.  Though, everything else I am more than happy to help you out with.”  He’d smile and lean against one of the rocks.  He’d draw out his ninjato looking at it, and then at the wraps the man had.

“Chakra, is such a shinobi term.  Flying swallow, I’m not really sure what that is.”  He’d say thinking for a moment.  “I wasn’t brought up as a shinobi……so some of their ideas and terms are lost on me.  You see, I’ve always preferred to call it spiritual prowess, energies, Ki, it makes no difference.  It’s what’s in here,”. He’d tap on his chest, “and moving it to out here.”  He’d run his hand down the blade, a buzz and glow of energy following his fingertips along as his own energies coated the blade, Strengthening it.  “Sensing energies is the same, it’s just being aware of all of us.”  He’d scratch the back of his head absently thinking on it all.  “If that makes sense.”  He’d laughs and do his best to explain it again should Hanzo request.  

He’d then spend several moments with Hanzo as he practiced.  Correcting where he could, and teaching him not necessarily as a shinobi would be taught, but as he was within the samurai compound.  With the ideas of self awareness and extension of self.  Not about breaking and bending the world, but instead of being present in it, and working with the ebbs and flows of energy.  It would not be like any lesson of military training Hanzo would have experienced.  Though, Asahi was not a military man,  it rather a spiritualist and therefore the flavor fit.

Still despite this, his sword movements where clean and quick.  Moving through the motions, and having Hanzo mirror him.  Correcting his form, helping move him.  Hanzo seemed a brawler, nothing wrong with that, but to deflect and parry, to make quick adjustments and feints, they required a bit more of a dancers mentality.  He would keep at this for sometime until after a few hours just have passed.  Perspiring slightly, he’d have a seat, blade sheathed across his lap.   He’d pat the dirt next to him.  “Pull up some ground.”  He’d say with a joyful tone.  “I think you’ve earned a slight break.”  For his own, despite sweating Asahi was not out of breath and instead seemed pleased.  “I think your getting it.  You must have been trained somewhere?  Though, I’m not sure if I get the impression you where a shinobi academy standout…..no offense.”  He’d add, his bluntness though could be taken as rudeness didn’t have such an intention.  “Training takes place all over in many ways.  I think sometimes folks narrow in too much you see, they loose that open mindedness that makes the world go around.” 

TWC - 2035
(Teaching chakra sensory, parry, deflect, samurai saber, adjustment)
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen
Stat Page : Frigid Blade
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 21270

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:26 pm
The sun was bright today. That was what Hayato  first noticed as he entered the training area. No weather, pleasant or otherwise, had stopped him in his daily pursuit of improvement.  Ever since he found a goal he had come to the training facilities everyday. Hard work pays off or something like that...  he thought to himself feeling vaguely proud of himself. He'd been attempting to understand the words in the Temple monk's scroll he had found amongst the few records Tanbogakure had to offer, and, although he was sure he got the gist by now, the techniques still escaped him. He had meet other shinobi, and even worked with them, but none were blade masters, as he was finding himself aspiring to be. He had learned that seeking the help of others was not something to be ashamed of. It was just working smarter. He thought to the fields of rice that surrounded his found home land. The paddies could not be maintained alone. A village could not be protected by just one man. It took an army. Perhaps if father had learned this lesson... His thoughts drifted but he quickly focused himself. The past was the past, and present was the present. He needed assistance if he was to walk this path, and, If there was a master willing to give him some tips or pointers, he'd gladly take it. Once he'd left his own head, was when he noticed an unfamiliar pair training together. He wracked his memory for any moment he had maybe seen the two, but he felt that he would remember such a pair. A man with blonde hair, already a rarity, and flamboyant in dress paired with a rough thuggish looking man with an eye patch and sharp features stood together in the yard. ]No, not ringing any bells.

He observed the blond man display some techniques, and the one with the eye patch request tutelage. The one eyed man must've seen too. The blonde was extremely skilled with a sword. Or at least more skilled than Hayato was and that was good enough. He quickly pulled his sword and side eyed the man display even more techniques. He copied what he could and listened in on the tips the blonde gave the eye patch wearing one. They seemed rather busy and taken with the training especially the eye patch guy. He didn't want to interrupt at least not yet.

He followed each move and every move. He was close enough to hear their conversation now. The eye patch guy had experience blacksmithing much like him and was also a fan of weaponry. The blonde seemed a bit spiritual, and philosophical with the way he taught. He didn't use the term chakra and explained the techniques in more open and flexible terms. Terms that were not unlike the monk of the scroll.  Focus Hayato, don't let these words go to waste!

With the explanations and what he had learned form the scroll, he made progress faster than he had ever made before! He must have already been close but with the blonde man's display he was able to finally grasp the Flying Swallow! He even picked up a useful technique for defending himself from attack. Though he certainly missed a few things the blonde man had shared with the eye patched man. He was certain that he had gotten ore out of it than he had. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to just go over and talk to them? Hayato almost shuddered at the thought of approaching strangers to ask for a favor. Putting himself out there was tough, but he had a lot to gain and very little to lose. At least that was how he tried sell it to himself. He started to walked over and then turned around abruptly. I can't do this!!!! He held his head in his hands and ruffled his hair. Then a thought hit him.

He recalled about the blond man's perspective and abilities. The spiritual way he spoke. Could he be the one who left this wisdom in Tanbogakure's collection? The monk of the scroll? This propelled him to get over himself and at least introduce himself to the pair. As he got he resolve he noticed they were taking a break. Perfect! He thought he would just go and say something. He waited for the eye patched man to speak and then approached at the obvious break in conversation.

Um pardon me, I couldn't help put notice you two training... I over heard your instruction and was struck by your skill... He stated looking down to the left. He held his hands to the side and bowed deeply. Please forgive me for intruding, but I was hoping you'd let me join in when you start back up. He smiled gently and held his sword with both hands down to his side I am Hayato He introduced himself hoping the others would do the same. He'd then turn to blonde. You needn't recant the last session, and I will do my best to not be a bother. He stated stepping a little bit away.

Hayato then went about quickly proving he was truly paying attention. He coated his blade in chakra, and then slashed as if he was deflecting the attack of a melee opponent. With his next move he slashed horizontally from left to right, but he then quickly adjusted the angle almost 90 degrees and ended up slashing upward instead. He turned to the pair looking for approval. There was still the one question hanging in his mind though. One he would have levy regardless of anything else.

But if I may ask of you one thing... He paused for a moment expecting a positive response but he spoke it quickly. The excitement and anticipation was palpable even through his somewhat reserved demeanor unable to contain his curiosity. Would you be familiar with the Wolf Temple by chance? He waited with baited breath for an answer.

[WC:1005]
Jutsu to learn:
Kurokawa Hanzo
Kurokawa Hanzo
Citizen

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 pm

WfWKm9t.png
I'LL TAKE
Y O U ↓

Hearing about Asahi's father, although only for a brief moment, helped Hanzo sympathize with the elegant creature standing before him. He could only speculate due to the use of the past-tense that Asahi's old man was no longer amongst the living. If so, then he could relate wholeheartedly. His father taught him little though, it was his uncle that he missed the most. Still, he listened carefully to the newfound acquaintance. Listening to how he dismissed the term of chakra and instead denoted it as Ki. It did make a lot of sense that different practitioners would have different names for the same energy sources. So he wasn't exactly caught off guard by the revelation. Still, however, he did his best to follow along with the explanations provided. When it came to sensing chakra, he was still a little on the fence about it. It was a simple thing, no? If he could relate to the heart of his weapon and pour himself into it, then other abstract concepts could be achieved in a similar manner. He figured it wouldn't hurt to practice. He tried to focus on the people around him, letting his awareness heighten, but nothing happened.

Though nothing came from it initially, he figured it was a good idea to pour every ounce of himself into his training. At the very least it would allow him the chance to flourish by the end of it. He only spoke when asking if he was doing something right or wrong. Making the adjustments as needed as Asahi ran him through the individual sections of the training. One thing that he noticed almost immediately from the start of the training, however, was that this was not the way that he had seen ninja train. He wasn't being given the same kind of lessons that were common to a shinobi. Though given his limited time from back in the academy, this wasn't as big of a surprise as he might have made it out to be. This was something that he seemed to have a knack for, however. Training in unconventional ways to develop the skills needed to make him successful. From what he could tell thus far Asahi was a good teacher. He could likely lead a squad of impressionable genin to great success if he put himself into it. But Hanzo wasn't sure what the man's ambitions were.

All Hanzo happened to have been his kunai, so mimicking the hand movements perfectly was a bit of an issue but he did his best with what he had. He figured any of the fundamentals that he learned here could be transferred into another format later. That being anything that he chose to do now could just be applied to another weapon given the fact that he was not going to be learning anything related to things only sharp weapons could do. Still, this training was a bit off to the man. Why did it seem more like religious work than hard labor? He supposed if he thought about it too closely then things would just prove to be inconvenient in the long run. These skillful and graceful actions didn't seem to suit him very much. But Hanzo loved to be impractical, especially given the fact that he was determined to use his natural strength in a manner that most wouldn't. He strived to be unique no matter what he did. Primary reason he wanted to learn how to do these fancier things. That way, when he did put his back into an attack, it wasn't until the last possible moment. His sensory training went well at least, he was able to notice someone nearby.

Eventually, he'd come to a stop, though he wasn't huffing due to not exactly being tired yet. "Yeah a break sounds good." He spoke in a very casual manner as he popped a squat right there and crossed his legs. Listening intently to his newfound comrade without making much of a fuss on his end. He reached into the large bale of hay looking rice straw and pulled out a water bottle that he had stashed inside of it, opening the top and pressing it to his lips as he watched Asahi with intention. He wasn't quite sure what the over-all purpose of this line of questioning was, but it wasn't anything that he registered as rude. Hanzo was rude. So to him this was just a normal thing to ask.  "Haha, I was a standout actually, since I just graduated the academy a few weeks ago. Big as guy like me definitely doesn't fit into a class of small children." It was true, the man was a six feet three inches tall, so he wasn't a short person by any stretch of the imagination. Couple that with the sheer size that he harbored and it was surely a sight to behold him in person. Not that he was the tallest person in the world, but his height was impressive.

"I got this big and strong from being a slave man, that shit will get ya strong if you're at least well fed." it was the truth of the matte rat least. The man was used to hard work. That was why he did all the dumb shit around the village that no one else wanted to do. Or at least, they only did temporarily in preparation to do harder missions. He'd pause for a moment before directing a question towards Asahi. "Ya said ya ain't been taught how to be a sneak-sneak properly though, so what are you? Samurai?" He'd listen to the answer before looking over towards the individual that he had sensed earlier. A large smile on his face all the while. "Ah... looks like ya got a fan Asahi-kun." He joked as he rose his eyebrow. Seemed this person wanted to learn some of Asahi's tricks of the trade. It wasn't his place to step in. But he commented regardless. "Do as ya will.." He showcased that he wasn't against the idea of having a third person join their little training party. The training was a spontaneous thing either way.

He did find the young man to be a little disrespectful, however. The fact that this newcomer didn't exactly say anything specific to Hanzo, didn't even compliment him on his training from earlier either despite watching. Well that was really fucking offensive to Hanzo. Perhaps he ought to break the kid's jaw? No. He wasn't a bandit anymore. He was a man of immense class now. The kind of person that would wear a perfumed yukata if an opportunity presented itself. Yes, he wasn't that same impulsive teenager that he had been in the past. But he was interested in what this young man was talking about. "Da fuck is a wolf temple?" He had never heard of such a thing before. Granted, Hanzo didn't know much about being a ninja, a samurai or an assassin. So as far as he was aware, this had to be some more samurai nonsense. He decided to reach into his hay-stack again, pulling out a small book about Jutsu, flipping through it alphabetically. "Imma watch ya do whatever this is. Break ain't long enough."

(For continuity in this thread, Hanzo is not a big muscle-head yet. He is just effeminate, thuggish and tall.)
Stats
  • Health 200
  • Chakra 15
  • Vigor 30
  • Speed 30
  • Strength 100
AP
390/390

Active Jutsu
  • None

Total Post WC 1,209
Total WC 3730
Total WC Needed 03730/16494
Active Skills
None.
Claims
  • ---

Post Information
Things to be Learned:

Tagged
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:03 pm
He listened to Hanzo's words as he pulled out two items.  One was a small bottle with water in it.  Alright, it was sake not water.  Still, it had hints of apple in it so refreshing all the same.  The second was his kiseru, which he promptly lit with a small match.  He did all of this while listening to Hanzo, and wondering if he was being serious or facetious.  He'd give the pipe a couple puffs, sending out a wide smoke ring as he considered.  "Well actually yes...."  He would say rather simply.  "I grew up in the land of iron, and was trained there.  My family is all samurai, not a bad bunch either.  So, I skipped the academy, Ol' Yasahiro let that one slide.  Seeing as we've been training together since birth practically."  He would smile, allowing some memories to bubble up in his mind.  A younger pair of cousins, what seemed like so many lifetimes ago.  

He didn't have long to reminisce however, before another individual joined the group.  Equal parts bold and shy the newcomer came and introduced himself.  To Hanzo's words he would quickly quip, "Occupational hazard, when you got all this going on."  He would gesture with the hand holding the pipe in a vague way over his body.  The boy would finish, with only another minor interruption from Hanzo asking in his own gentle way what the lad was talking about, and then deciding to sit this lesson out.  Taking a deep drag from the pipe, he'd exhale the smoke rushing from his nostrils.  Placing the small bottle, as wella s the pipe down Asahi would pull himself to his feet.

"It's nice to meet you...."  He would wait for some kind of formal introduction.  Once he received one, he would continue.  "You must like to read, because unfortunately I am of no affiliation.  I found scrolls in the Okada library relating to some of their techniques.  Luckily, I typically know what I am doing so......I believe I have them down."  He'd smile and redraw his ninjato.  Placing the palm of his left hand on the blunt side, he'd pull it across in a move reminiscent of lighting a match.  As his flesh moved over steel, a change would begin to occur.  Not the dull hum of chakra being coated, but rather a more elemental reaction.  The steal would take on a red sheen, the nearby area suddenly feeling hot, as though the blade had just been pulled from a forge.  "A bit more complicated than......what'd you call it, swallow something?"  He would ask Hanzo, "Anyway, its more about finding the elemental energies we are each affiliated with and bringing it out into the weapon.  A discovery of incomplete truths, and then once you get that part down....."  He would turn raising the blade and bringing it down.  A shockwave rushed force demolishing stone Infront of him, the accompanying crash ringing out with a loud barking noise.  "Not an easy thing, but doable with practice.  I have not perfected the third technique the scrolls spoke of, it suggested mastering these basics first."  

Asahi would continue and go on about what he had read in the scrolls.  His own theories, and once again his own ideas of spiritual energies versus chakra.  He was no shinobi, and thus any lesson from him would not be like a shinobi lesson.  Chakra was foreign to him, spiritual pressure, self-awareness, and extending one's own energies however he could do.  "Why don't you give one of them a shot?  Don't expect a perfect first go, but something is better than nothing.  O.."  He would say as though an afterthought, "did you know something of that temple?  I'd love to know more."  

While the Yuki practiced, he would turn to Hanzo.  "What is it you are reading friend?  No offense but didn't peg you for a bookworm."

TWC - 2683
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen
Stat Page : Frigid Blade
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 21270

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:20 pm
The two people were kind, even the eye patched one had welcomed him in his own way. He hadn’t introduced himself, but he would make sure to speak with him more after he had gleaned something from the blonde man. He was rather excited that the man had agreed to teach him what he knew. He had forgotten to be as polite as possible to all parties, but all he knew of manners he had learned from his family, simple working people, and the books he read. He made a mental note to talk to him after he practiced. He was interested in weapons too  Perhaps they had something in common?

Hayato beamed for a moment as the blonde, he believed his name was Asahi, said he had read some of their techniques. He had finally found someone who was familiar with the techniques of the temple. He realized that Okada castle had a library from the way he spoke. He wondered if it was public. He had been through much of the material at the local library in Tanbo's residential district save the risqué section. His mother had told him to stay away from it so he did. I do like to read… He would say in passing as Asahi continued.

Hayato watched closely as Asahi ran his hand over the blade, igniting it. The dull heat could be felt easily by the young Yuki. His body recoiled a bit, but his eyes remained locked on the technique. He nodded as Asahi asked the eye-patched man a question expecting him to answer with flying swallow. He would stay quiet unless the eye patch man got it horribly wrong.

His explanation was less scientific than the teachers at the academy had been. His words were more loose and idyllic than strict directives. He sounded a bit like a monk or ascetic. Even if the explanation was more cryptic to some it was clear to him. He had been pouring over such language for a while now. …it's more about finding the elemental energies we are each affiliated with and bringing it out into the weapon. Hayato repeated the words in his mind. He thought he understood wind release well enough, but he didn’t think to apply this part of the technique first.

Next, Asahi showed him the awesome power of the bark technique he had been practicing so much. It was just as amazing as he had thought it would be, maybe even more so. The air currents of the blade had destroyed stone. What strength! How long has this man wielded the sword? How long will it take to learn? The surprise and reverence showed on the boy’s face as he listened to his new mentors every word.

The following words were yet again aligned with the monks of the wolf temple. A bit more philosophical and flowery than shinobi text. He wondered if Asahi favored thinking to action. Perhaps he was a traveling philosopher who had decided to live in Tanbo or maybe a poet or writer and samurai combination? He had read of many heroes like that. Asahi was quite the alluring figure to Hayato, a standard or goal when it came to swordsmanship, and speech craft. He could probably learn more than just swordsmanship from the man, but for now he would have to focus on the task ahead.

Asahi invited him to try the techniques. Right, thank you for your demonstrations! He would say with a deep and swift bow. Hayato decided that the first attempt would be the incomplete truth as that was how Asahi had presented it. He stood up straight and brought his sword up in front of him. He waved his hand over the back of his blade, executing flying swallow. He then slowly kneaded his chakra into wind chakra. The chakra grinded against itself becoming sharp like a blade. The next step was adding this new chakra to his blade extending the shape outward over the blade. A white sheen started to cover the blade. A gentle wind seemed to rustle his kimono and hair. Am I doing it! In that moment the chakra was released and the blade became mundane once again.

I lost focus… I will try again… Hayato would continue attempting to recreate Asahi’s techniques with his wind chakra. After a few more failed attempts he could repeat the process without total focus, but he needed a few more reps before he could start crushing boulders like his teacher. He felt he could answer Asahi’s inquiry now. He wasn't sure what he could tell him that he already didn't know, but he was more than willing to exchange notes regardless.

You’re curious about the wolf temple?... I only know what I’ve read in a scroll… A first hand account of a traveling monk… He nodded to the weapon pouch on his side containing the scroll. I have reasons to believe he left his teachings behind to inspire the next generation...They were as follows Hayato rattled of information like a text book. He spoke a bit of their ideas on man being separated from divinity and the disparity created by this truth, the monks ramblings on man’s search for meaning in a seemingly meaningless life, and the value of questioning the universe. He commented on the monk's notes on the three techniques, and training used on new monks, namely increasingly longer meditation, and physical conditioning. Lastly he speaks on the warrior mentality and spiritual connections between the mind, body, and spirit.

If you would like to borrow the scroll some time you may… as a thank you for your help…. He commented after he was done with his rant. He felt he had talked maybe a bit too much and receded into his training. A few more burst of diffusing wind chakra later he would make a more meaningful attempt.

Hayato covered the blade with wind chakra and was able to maintain the balance for 45 seconds while only maintaining a little concentration.

What do you think, sensei? Was that sufficient to move on to bark? The title slipped out of his mouth without notice. Hayato took up seiza as he asked, taking a quick breather to meditate and recover chakra.

oh…I didn’t catch your names...Is it Asahi right?, and…? I hope I didn't mishear his name... He would think in back of his mind. The worry would creep forward worsening as he considered worse case scenarios at least until the two spoke up and wrenched him from his own head again. Hayato looked at the man with the eye patch awaiting a response, if he got one he would thank them once more for their help specifically the man with the patch.

Thank you for allowing me to intrude again… You seem like you learned much in a short time. Maybe you have an interest in the wolf temple as well now that you've seen the strength of their technique? You are a swordsman too correct? He commented on the man's efforts and levied a question or two. He was feeling a bit more comfortable with the two.

[WC:1186]
[TWC: 2191]

Jutsu to learn:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum