Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG ©

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are their respective owners' works and all related topics and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, issues, or posts without the creator's permission, shape, or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creator's license will be punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
Current Events
May 2022 Event

New PM's : 0
Post Count
Private messages
The Mods of NRPG

Coordination Team

Balance Team

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Threads

Top posting users this week
83 Posts - 28%
55 Posts - 19%
36 Posts - 12%
24 Posts - 8%
20 Posts - 7%
19 Posts - 6%
15 Posts - 5%
15 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 4%
Go down
Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Ryo : 65750

Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato] - Page 2 Empty Re: Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato]

Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Komori

Mo-Mori, which was totally the name that had been provided in a staggered manner, stood there while Yamato stared off into space, processing everything and nothing and at all. Getting to a point of sobriety he did not want to reach just yet, so he drank water and chased it with another shot or two or three. All the best to push off what might have happened if his cover was blown and those that knew him came searching for him once again. With the shot glasses emptied, Komori was working his way through another pint while Blondie kept speaking, forgetting if he had mentioned his name earlier or not at all. “Bathhouse sounds good,” was his simple affirmation. I am cool, aren’t I? “What do you do for work?” he would inquire. To prepare for death was a necessary step for any who would seek to take a life. Komori knew this well, growing up in the fields of death that were outside his very doorstep on a daily basis, at the swordsman who was a self proclaimed serial killer, and even one of the mighty tailed beasts that he had fought personally. That blue fire that sought to burn him to nothingness. Perhaps it was because of all of these encounters that he cared so little for his own life outside of these grand encounters. A sense of immortality still haunted him to this day, his inability to die fueled by a blind rage against the heavens and to spit in the face of those who wanted him dead. That may have been while he was still here.

Mori had been following, towards the bathhouse as that may have been his idea? Back into his more intoxicated state of mind, he struggled to find an excuse for his fellow Tanbo compatriot. But he gave up on such a notion. “You’re not… far from the mark, Blondie.” His voice was slow, but not in a meticulous manner. The words he was saying were flowing through his mind much quicker than he was speaking, only mildly slurred. “I used to be… more than a farmer. I spent some time wandering and eventually came across this place. I… spent some time taking life, so I figured the best way to make up for that was to take care of life. Rice needs a gentle hand and a lot of care. It seemed fitting to… spend the rest of my time doing something simple.” At this point, the pair would have arrived at the bathhouse that was in fact connected to the tea house. It was one of this place’s biggest draws, after all, unless his drinking and chess buddy had been taking them around the block for an unexplained reason. Upon reaching the appropriate changing room, Komori would disrobe for the most part, fastening a towel around his waist and sinking into the waters with a deep sigh of relaxation.

WC: 491
TWC: 2659
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Ryo : 1500

Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato] - Page 2 Empty Re: Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato]

Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:15 am

Yamato

Yamato was barely aware of his surroundings at that point in time. "What do I do for work?" he repeated Momori’s question back at him, "Mostly dumb stuff lately… Helping around town, making sure stuff is in order, you know? The generic sh-noble stuff.". Yamato was not mincing words. He was butchering them. Whether Komori could put together he meant to say ‘shinobi’ or not was now up to him. "I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore, Mo-mori.". That was not on purpose. "I used to worry about bigger stuff, you know… Travel plans, inter-country communimacation, how to feed a village of cannibal murder psychos, occasional city-destroying storms… Tanbo is like… All about cows. And rice. Don’t forget the rice.". There was an earnest melancholy in Yamato’s words. For all that he loved about this village, he missed being able to use his niche capabilities to the furthest.

Yamato was proud he had made some correct deductions about Mori’s past life. When he dropped the bomb, the Yamanaka stopped in his steps and turned back towards this ‘retired farmer’. "Took lives? Not of innocents." Yamato voiced that as if he was ordering Mori’s past self instead of asking him the truth. "Right?". He then turned to keep walking. Somehow he had the trust in Mori to turn his back to him right after the admission of guilt. "Are you wanted by any chance, Mori?" he then asked his drinking buddy. "I’m not a bounty hunter, you have nothing to worry about. Don’t answer yet, we’re almost at the bathhouse.".

Assuming Mori still chose to join after that conversation, they finally entered the bathhouse after a short walk. It was larger than Yamato thought. It appeared rather luxurious. ‘This pleases me.’ Yamato thought to himself, giving the bathhouse his stamp of approval. The only outside hint of his inner thoughts was a small nod aided by an expression of drunken satisfaction. ‘Blondie’? Yamato did not hate that name. Although that might have just been the drinks doing the thinking for him. When they sat down and started resting, Yamato put all the drinks he had been carrying on the seats next to him. He spoke again, "I do understand second tries. Taking them by yourself if you’re not given them, I also understand. Although, let me suggest something: Use a fake name. Easier to restart that way.". He took a drink, as he took off his shirt. He grabbed a towel, and got into bathhouse-appropriate attire. That was, of course, getting out of non-appropriate ones, like his shoes. Covered in towels, he took his seat. He passed one of the drinks to Mori, if he accepted it. "Samurai, ninja, no formal training?".

Post WC: 452
Total WC: 2863

Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:39 am

Komori

SHNoble? S. H. Noble? Super Helpful Noble? Komori was unaware he had been talking with nobility, and one that was super helpful at that. It was equally confusing since he described doing things that his past self had tended to do. His past self, who was a shinobi for a hidden village. Yamato went on to recite a seemingly impressive list that might warrant further inspection, but all that Komori was able to think about at that moment… We have cows? Rice of course was more than a hobby, of course. It was a lifestyle. One that every citizen of Tanbo should embrace with open arms. He had not concerned himself with the practices of others, so perhaps there was animal husbandry in the village. “So, cannibal murder psychos, eh?” he said, not able to let that one specifically slide without a probe and would react accordingly. Like the insinuation that he was a retired farmer when he was still very much an active one, thank you kindly.

“Took lives for the sake of innocents,” was his simple response. “You fight so that your neighbor, your kid, or just someone else doesn’t have to.” He went to answer the question before he was cut off, but decided to listen and waited until the pair arrived. In the changing rooms before the bath, he would take note of anyone else that may have been with them, but it appeared to be empty. “To answer your question, I don’t think so.”

Komori took his eyepatch off to prevent it from getting damp, even though he may have another spare or so on his person just in case. He folded the simple black kimono he had been wearing in the bar and placed it in a basket alongside his eyepatch for the time being, instead wrapping what needed to be wrapped in a towel. Blondie, as he had come to know him to do a lack of proper introduction, began speaking once again. Komori had already begun to head inside, leaving the door open for his buddy, who was taking a bit longer to change. The would be farmer sat with both eyes closed, allowing for the bathhouse to attempt to take all his worries from him. Upon further probing, ‘Mori’ opened his good eye, the other eyelid still covering his missing organ. “You don’t say.” He took the drink that would be offered to him and closed his eye once again to relax. Just two bros, chilling in the bathhouse, five feet apart for an indiscernible reason. “Shinobi.” As he said the word, the earlier shnoble mixup suddenly became clear in his mind. He kept his face steady as he was fairly relaxed around this guy who he still did not know the name of, or even if he did, had forgotten in his drunken stupor. “I take it you were one as well? Or maybe still are, from the sounds of your current employment.” He let the words hang in the air as the relaxation overtook him.

WC: 508
TWC: 3167
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:16 am

Yamato

Yamato realized Mori lacked the necessary context he needed to understand the Yamanaka’s references to his past, but he was neither in the right state of mind nor did he have the energy to share everything at that point in time. "Not the time or place to explain it all to you, Mori, but yes, cannibal murder raider psychos. I… I already told you about Kiri, didn’t I?". Yamato realized he had been too open with Mori. "Uh… Any chance you could keep that between us?". Yamato took another swig from one of the bottles around his seat. "I’m not really sharing my past with just anyone in town. I’m trying to keep my past name buried six feet underground where it belongs.".

Yamato then listened to the excuses Mori gave him for the lives he had taken in his life. "You’re talking about a war? That’s what it sounds like to me. Or were you just in lethal environments? You might be aware I’ve been in those places too, if you know about what Kiri is like. Was, at the very least. Am I blabbering? Wait. You’re not from Kiri, are you Mori?".

The other part of Mori’s answer was a logical one. However, in Yamato’s drunk state, it probably sounded more dramatic to his ears than how it was intended. "You’re not wanted by anyone?" Yamato asked after taking another swig from his drink, "Not anymore Mori! You are loved here! We care about you! Tanbo cares about Mori!". His eyes almost teared up while speaking the words. The heat in the room seemed to have sped his inebriation. He then continued his answers to to Mori’s statements and questions, "Shinobi. At least formally… Not really combar-experienced. But I do work for Tanbo. Mostly paperwork. Trying to move up… It’s just..." he laid back against the wall behind him dramatically. "So hard. Sometimes I feel like people don’t care about my paperwork, Mori. Could it be true?". He wiped tears from his eyes, "You know if I didn’t catch the fact that one of the shinobi filed an E13-F instead of F12-A today, at least two to three villagers would have had slightly worse days? It’s like nobody notices.".

He then shot forward in his seat, making direct eye contact with Mori. "But that’s not all. I’m currently doing some top-secret investigations, and I’m on everyone’s tail. It will be huge when I solve the case. I can’t speak more… It’s an open case...". Yamato took another swig from his drink. "What are you up to nowadays, then, actually just farming? Don’t ever think about doing shinobi work again?".

Post WC: 441
Total WC: 3304

Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:35 pm

Komori

“Oh, right.” Truthfully, Komori had only ever seen a handful of Kiri nin in his life. The ones who killed his mother way back when and then Xyxer plus bodyguards. It was not a far leap in logic to be able to see the potential for psychopaths in the bloody Mist. The former kage took another swig. “Secret’s safe with me, pal. It’s a two-way street after all.” He was, of course, referring to the knowledge that he himself was an ex shinobi as well.

War? Not really. “Between those two, I’d have to say the lethal environment. We-” he hesitated, as he really understood what he was about to say, “-we were kinda similar to Kiri after all.” The living dead guarding the gates, the stench that wafted up into the mountains from other rot based defenses. It was all a bit much in hindsight. A shame he could not have been the one to remove them. Komori was far too distracted with his own inner guilt that he missed the disconnected conclusion upon which Yamato had settled. “What?” He questioned, prepared to push him away if he tried to hug or comfort him or something. “What do you mean you love me? I don’t even know your name, Blondie.” He adjusted himself so that he was not slightly more than five feet away. After that had been settled, Yamato continued to respond to what Komori had asked.

Blondie had been a shinobi as well, it appeared. What was not shared with him, was exactly how high a rank Komori had once held. As someone who had rarely gone over paperwork himself, instead being assigned to different battles, dangerous missions, and diplomacy, he could not relate the the unimaginable pain of the sheer lack of appreciation shown to those who went above and beyond to stop others from being mildly inconvenienced. The more concerning question really was in regard to how the Rice Village, known for the simple farm life, had forms as far down as E13-F and F12-A, which were an alien concept to him. Since his farm had been set up before the official village founding, had he been farming illegally this entire time? He elected to not volunteer this information and keep it close to his chest. “That’s rough, buddy,” was all he could muster. He was barely able to get the words out by the time Blondie had already switched gears. “How goes the case? Is it something you can talk to me about?” He would interject when Yamato drank a swig long enough for him to ask two questions. “It ain’t much, but it’s honest work,” Komori said as he took another drink from his own beverage. Sweat had been accumulating on both of their bodies for a while now, the steam from the sauna working to counteract their intoxication, only for them to continually work to remain in a state of drunken stupor. “Every now and again, maybe? Like when I was telling you that story earlier, it got me real ramped up to do something like that again.” He gazed down into the depths of the cup, swirling its contents. “Not sure if I’m cut out for it anymore. Been out of the game for far too long, even if I wanted to.”

WC: 551
TWC: 3718

Komori likes this post

Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Yamato

The heat in the room was slowly healing the pain that still overwhelmed Yamato’s entire body. The downside was that it was harder to breathe inside with all of the steam. Yamato was glad to take that exchange at this point of the night. The steam comforted him on top of shrouding the room in a calming atmosphere. There were drops of water gathering on the glass bottles of the alcohol that Yamato had carried into the room. The outside of the glass getting wet was not itself a problem, but it was a sign of the heat exchange going on, which also resulted in the alcohol in the bottles to get warmer and warmer the more the two sat here and drank. Alcohol was already not something Yamato’s body was resistant to, and consuming it warm was an even newer experience, and one that his soul was telling him was not good. He felt his stomach begging him not to drink warm alcohol anymore. But to be fair, there was not much liquid left in the bottles anyway. The Yamanaka thought he might as well finish these ones off, by when the two might have been done with the bathhouse anyway.

Yamato nodded to Mori after he spoke, promising ‘Blondie’ to keep his secret. "Thanks." Yamato answered, as if it added anything to the previous nod. "Lethal environment, huh? And you’re saying it was like Kiri, so you’re not actually from Kiri after all. You knew about Xyxer, so my instinct is to assume it’s Konoha, but that’s not really a place people usually refer to as a ‘lethal environment’, is it? Even when it… Does get invaded… I have never been personally involved. The… Barbaric side… The invasions and everything. Were not for me. I only got secondhand stories, and I was told there were never any grand battles, that people were quick to give in to the stronger side… Kumo, Suna, Hoshi… You could be referring to any one of them I guess. Although I hear even those three are a lot better these days. Peaceful. Mostly. I haven’t been as good at gathering information lately, with the lack of funds, technology and manpower in Tanbo.". He went to take a sip, but his bottle was empty. ‘That soon?’ he thought to himself, then smiled. "Excuse me… I seem to have been blabbering again. Hope I’m not overwhelming you.".

Then it was time to address Mori. Yamato chuckled, only then realizing he hadn’t done his usual professional introduction with the man who was recently revealed not to be a hallucination or a ghost. "My name might as well be Blondie, friend." he chuckled a little bit, then realized how rude it would have been to leave it at that. "Sorry. I didn’t even realize. I usually start any conversation with introductions. Where are my manners? Must be the drinks, or the fact that we have engaged so swiftly in this conversation.". In his seat, he leaned slightly forwards and did a subtle, courteous bow, "Yamato Tanaka, D-Ranked Officer of Tanbogakure. At your service.". He went back into his slumped posture as soon as his presentation was over.

When he found an opening, a moment of silence, Yamato got up from his seat while addressing Mori with a respectful "Excuse me.". He grabbed the empty bottles, and started walking out, still covered in towels instead of clothes, "I’ll be right back, you want anything specific?". Potentially with Mori’s order, he then left the bathhouse for a bit to return to the tea shop. It was highly irregular to enter the bar side of the business while in towels, but it wasn’t explicitly banned. Yamato did get a warning from Nazumi, but he was allowed to grab the next round of orders for being considerate enough to bring back the empty bottles at the very least. Yamato left a large tip to make up for his misbehavior and returned to the bathhouse.

With fresh drinks, the conversation could continue again, the topic of which was somewhat deeply cutting to Yamato. He took his time passing around the bottles, taking his seat and getting comfortable. It could easily be seen he was trying to save time to think about his answer. Yamato was not a hard person to read on his best day. Looking at his face was practically the same thing as reading his mind when he was intoxicated. It would not have been hard for Mori to realize that the case he was currently on was a sore spot for the blonde man. He coughed, took a sip and finally forced himself to answer the one-eyed man. "The case… I’m still building it to be honest. And no, unfortunately not much I can share with you since you’re not part of the shinobi force here. But hey. You were saying you get the itch from time to time? Also, there’s no one way to be a shinobi, Mori. I fully believe everyone’s ‘cut out for it’, you just have to figure out your strengths, weaknesses, limits… And you know… Consider how you can best be useful to the town you’re serving. If you think that’s farming for you, that’s your call, friend. However, if you actually wanted to, there is undoubtedly a place for you in the force. Things here are more about building than destroying. Might be a nice change of pace for you like it was for me.".

He took a deep chug from his drink, having dehydrated himself running off his mouth without taking a breath. "And then I could share my case with you. Otherwise, you can tell me about shady stuff you might have seen instead. OR. OR. Even better, we just could keep talking about non-work stuff… Which reminds me… I did take a break from being a Shinobi once or twice in my life. How is it going for you? I was never able to fill out the time, all other pursuits felt limiting, not fitting for me, wrong some other way. How has it gone for you? What have you been up to?".

Post WC: 1023
Total WC: 4027

Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 am

Komori

Yamato had yet to call attention to the two tattoos that adorned Komori’s mostly naked body. A scene depicting a great foaming wave threatening several rowboats filled with sailors, a lone mountain in the background adorned the man’s left shoulder blade. Down his right arm was a sleeve of ink, depicting a stormy night sky, the moon shining along his bicep, all with streaks of lightning scattered across the piece. The chakra that had once flown to these tattoos had all but dissipated in the years since they were applied by his former comrade Senshi. Now, they served as further reminders of his past life and the village he left behind. To combat these thoughts in a completely healthy manner, he drank his everwarming booze, downing the rest of his glass before it had a chance to grow even warmer from the steam. The condensation rolled down the container as he set the now empty glass back down to his sides.

When Yamato finally took a breath and went to take a sip from an empty bottle, the one eyed man spoke up. “No, not Konoha,” was all that was offered by the former shinobi as he leaned his head back against the wall, his eyes closed once again. Word vomiting aside, Komori had always been good at listening more than he talked, despite his reputation for talking out of his ass first and foremost. There were times in the past where he could have stood to listen more still, but these last few years had helped shape him even further, rice farming and all. Komori arched his only good eye at the genin upon his apology and proper introduction. “Yamato, eh?” He closed his eye once more. “I think Blondie might suit you better at this point,” he said wryly.

When his companion excused himself, he would respond to the inquiry with, “Something strong and shaken to the point where you can’t tell.” Upon his return, he would accept the drink provided and make a mental note to pay him back at a later date. “Welcome back,” he would say upon hearing him enter and sit down once more, five feet apart as per usual. As the silence persisted, he opened his eye once more to take in the room and look at his drinking partner’s facial cues. Yamato was very clearly working to find an answer to a question in which he himself had not placed much stock. The words ‘not part of the shinobi force’ stuck to his inebriated ears like a clingy member of his former fan club. In the years he had been here, he had done little at all to interact with others, so he was still not used to the notion that he could be left out of the loop when it did not necessarily suit him to be left out. He had never been gaslit, gatekept, or girlbossed to such an extent. Having his words thrown in his face also served to throw him for a loop, the words from the blond man really resonating with him. “You make a valid point there, Blon- Yamato,” he began before correcting himself and letting the motormouth continue.

The spoken words echoed in his mind. Consider how you can best be useful… How could he be useful to Tanbo? The village had provided him a home, no questions asked for the most part. He had spent years here now, cutting out a chunk of land for himself and delving into fire learning how to properly care for the paddies. Perhaps, he should see how their shinobi forces were doing.

“Yeah, non-work stuff is fine. I didn’t mean to send you on such a spiral.” He thought about how to respond to the onslaught of seemingly never ending questions. “It’s been years at this point, since I’ve really done anything of note.” He looked off into the distance, probably at the wall, staring at nothing in particular. “I think I’ve said something similar before, but- I’ve found that nurturing life was a pretty rewarding alternative to taking life. Granted, they’re rice plants, but it’s the principle of the matter, you know?” He took a sip. “I was just talking to somebody about this a bit ago. Growing rice is a lot like raising a kid, but the kid can’t talk or express themselves, or cry. You have to learn how to listen to what isn’t being said and figure out what’s wrong based on a walk through the field. I think it’s really helped me find out some things about myself, so I don’t end up disappointing the people who rely on me again.” Komori talked in a very animated manner, using his hands to emphasize his points. “But,” he continued with an interjection, and not a very fun one at that. “There is that part of me that feels like I’m not doing enough. That I’m meant for so much more than, well, this,” he said, gesturing his hands around, trying to convey the general idea of his uneventful life in a small town where nobody knew his name. “I was more than this, once.” His voice was wistful and trailed off, then accompanied by a long exhale. “How about you?” he said, seeking to not hog the conversation. “Tell me more about your past attempts.”

WC: 893
TWC: 4611
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:56 pm

Yamato

Not Konoha. Not Kiri. But he chose not to say which village specifically. Yamato couldn’t help but wonder why. Still, not many choices were left between the major villages. Unless, of course, Mori was from one of them that had been destroyed some while ago. Kumo. Hoshi. Could go either way. Hoshi? Or did he wish not to share? Yamato did not want to linger on the subject, noting that Mori wasn’t keeping that part of the conversation going. "You think it suits me better? Really?". Yamato hid his blushing with a sip of his drink and, ironically, his hair. "Call me whatever you prefer, I guess, it’s not like I care or anything.". With those words, Yamato stood up and came back with the drinks like he had planned.

Yamato couldn’t put a finger on it, but the mood in the room seemed odd. Mori seemed to be less interested in sharing more. Yamato feared he had been pushing the man a little bit too much. He reminded himself that he had met Mori only some minutes. Or maybe it had been hours by now? It was hard for him to tell in his inebriated state. And only recently had Yamato realized that Mori was a real man and not a hallucination that came with the drinks. "That all sounds nice Mori.". Yamato took a deep breath. He clearly was taking his time, organizing his thoughts. "It does sound significant in some ways… And you know… Farm work is the core of this village, this country… I can not- do not want to undermine its importance. But if you want my honest opinion, it is going to be biased. I believe, in our world as it is, my ‘field’, for lack of a better world, really encompasses it all. Chakra is… Everything. Its study is vital. Shinobi work is not just beating each other with bats, you know, it’s… Science. Progress. The farming is great. If we understood everything better, we’d be more efficient with it. Chakra is literally life, if we were less focused on murdering each other and wars, think about the breakthroughs we could have in Ninjutsu and Science both, for agriculture, for… Everything.". Yamato realized he had been staring at nothing while speaking. He raised his sight to make eye contact with the man standing in front of him. "Sorry I… Have a tendency to run my mouth off… What I was saying is any field, at this point in time, needs shinobi in my opinion. And some villages, they might need shinobis the traditional ways too… Even more than others. Like this one. We don’t have many experienced people here, your knowledge alone could make a huge difference even if you didn’t want to get your hands dirty… Well… Sounds like you do get your hands dirty still, just in a different way. A better way, I guess. But your knowledge could preserve life as well… Just, think about it.".

Yamato shook his head to regain his focus. He realized he had gone right into another monologue a second after apologizing to Mori for one. "I feel like I’m doing all the talking. My past attempts… I don’t know. I think I’ve already said too much about a past that doesn’t match my paperwork. Call me paranoid but the information getting out could ruin my career, my… Stay here in Tanbo. I could run away and start anew, I guess, again… But I don’t want to. Kiri, like I said. It’s a secret. Few more towns before. Pretty much all of the world. Besides Hoshi probably.". He then turned his gaze back on Mori, smiling snarkily at him and pointing at him with both of his index fingers, his hands joined together, as if he was mimicking a gun (that didn’t exist in this world so how could he know?). "Which..." he spoke again, "...brings me back to you. Is that where you were from? Or do you not wish to share either, in which case we might be at an impasse, Mori.".

Post WC: 679
Total WC: 4706

Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:29 pm

Komori

Mori chose not to comment on the sussy little baka nature of Yamato’s departure for drinks. Instead, the conversation progressed as it had, up until yet another spiel by his blond companion. He was unable to get a word in edgewise, but instead allowed for him to finish before responding. For good reason, as it turned out. Komori was indeed preserving life by farming, but what does that say against the life he once preserved by fighting? The reality of the world is that there are people who will kill others for their own gain, and sometimes, it is necessary to take life in order to spare more life. This cycle would continue with or without him, but his mind wandered to the scores of people who might die without someone like him being there to protect them. He thought of the barkeep and his family, the farmhands he walked past in the paddy fields on a daily basis, and of the blond genin in front of him. And he thought about how they could all die if this village were to become sieged, if someone like him was not willing to protect them.

Komori sighed deeply, as he had made a habit of doing, not at the rantings and ravings of a presumed intoxicated man, but at the racing of his own mind with thoughts long since passed. “I get where you’re coming from and I agree with you on a lot of that. But, I don’t believe that anything can truly be everything,” he would say in regard to the overinflation of chakra’s value. “If you place so much importance on one single thing,” the image of the Raikage’s chamber flashed in his mind for a moment, “and then say you lose access to that, what good are you then?” His eye was not looking at Yamato, but rather through him, perhaps even in the direction of a village built atop a series of mountains that stretched towards the clouds overhead.

Switching gears, Komori was tempted to give out another sigh, but felt as though he had already sighed enough for one day. The blond borderline himbo continued to persistently pester the perpetually tired man regarding where he was from, which he reluctantly answered. “Kumo.” He took another extended sip of his drink, gazing into his now empty cup longer than he meant to. “There.” He stood up to look Yamato in the eye. “Mutual secrets. Mutually assured destruction.” 

Allowing the genin to respond however he pleased, Komori would answer in kind before the warming drink pushed him just a bit further. He had been in a perpetual state of drunkenness during this entire outing, and now he felt like sharing just a bit more, it seemed. At least, as he would begin the process of toweling off and donning a simple black kimono once again. “Don’t ever assume I’m from Hoshi again, please.” The malice that used to fill his voice was long since gone, but he was in the mood to share a bit more from drinking the liquid truth serum that was Tanbo sake. “Last time I saw anyone from there, a Kiri guy,” he began, leaving out the important details, “was trying to get this other Hoshi guy back, ‘cause he was a runaway from Konoha or something, and in response, a different Hoshi guy killed the other Hoshi guy before the Kiri guy had a chance to.” He spoke with the distanced ease of someone who did not have any stake in the situation. Having mostly dried off from their time in the bathhouse, Komori, with cheeks slightly flushed from either the steam, the booze, or a combination of both, slipped his eyepatch on once again, covering the empty orbital socket. In his carefulness and state of intoxication, he stopped a bit short of leaving as he made sure to adjust it correctly. Yamato presumably had already started walking ahead of him and into the bar, so Komori called out slightly in order to finish the moral lesson of his story, which Blondie would have to pay attention to in the bar.

--Exit--
WC: 693
TWC: 5304
Claiming: 53 stats, 12 to chakra, 41 to Vigor
200 words to 1000/1000 Chakra Absorption carried over from here
2000/2000 to Nature Chakra Proficiency
2500/2500 to Water Dragon Whip
Remaining 604/1500 to Sage Art Reduction
2000/2000 memorizing Yamato’s chakra signature
Moyasu Nokoribi
Moyasu Nokoribi
Genin
Genin
Ryo : 124500

Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:42 am
Approved.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum