Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Copyright
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden
© Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto RPG ©

©opyrighted
All things created on this site are their respective owners' works and all related topics and forum creators. Information may not be taken from forum descriptions, category descriptions, issues, or posts without the creator's permission, shape, or form. Anyone who copies the site's content without said creator's license will be punished.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Finder
Current Events
May 2022 Event

New PM's : 0
Post Count
Private messages
The Mods of NRPG

Coordination Team

Balance Team

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Threads

Top posting users this week
83 Posts - 28%
53 Posts - 18%
35 Posts - 12%
28 Posts - 9%
21 Posts - 7%
18 Posts - 6%
17 Posts - 6%
15 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 5%
Go down
Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Ryo : 65750

Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato] Empty Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato]

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:34 pm

Komori

The night crowd was not expected for another few hours. It might have been early or even mid afternoon. Komori did not really care one way or the other. The sun was outside, away from his eyes, so the former wanderer was unable to read it from his current location. This place had been his home away from home… away from home. He sat in a dim booth in the back corner of the tavern, taking a swig from his mug as a dim yet warm light poured in through the windows. He leaned back in the booth, closed his remaining eye as the other hidden beneath a patch, and let out a long sigh. The work in the paddies had been done today and there was not much else to do. The bathhouse next door…, he thought, swiftly followed by a morbid scoff escaping his lips. The old him would have walked on over to the training grounds and began the arduous process of learning techniques, ignoring the stench of rot to the best of his ability. The rot that he had failed to remove himself. Word had traveled of course, of the new line of Raikage that supplanted one after the other and the culmination of what Komori was supposed to have done.

He opened his eye and hailed the barkeep with a steady hand. “Another, if you’d be so kind.” A woman named Nazumi nodded and began the process of getting him a refill. She, along with her husband Kaien Taika, ran this teahouse which, luckily for the weary farmer, also served drinks much stronger than tea. Perhaps, if he had enjoyed days like this in the past, he would have been able to stick it out longer. Days without worry of political strife, village machinations, and insufferable people. Luckily, he would spend today like many of these past days. Alone.

Or so he thought.

WC: 318

Last edited by Komori on Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pretty format)
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Ryo : 24500

Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato] Empty Re: Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato]

Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:16 am
Yamato crashed into the bar. "Evening.." he said with desperation in his voice, "Please tell you have something, anything that doesn't have rice.". Nazumi breathed in through her teeth. "I mean I do... But it's pretty pure. It's like drinking poison. Sure you can handle that, city boy?". Yamato scoffed. "Try me.". Nazumi shrugged, "Your funeral.". "My fune-?" Nazumi had gone away before the blonde man could finish his sentence. He was rarely this expressive, but it had been a long workday and he hadn't slept comfortably in a while. The mix of drowsiness and body ache from a day of work had broken his shell. He found himself a lot more talkative than usual, even before a single sip of alcohol. Most of the 'talking', of course, was complaining. A few of the men who had helped him with a construction job earlier in the day were also in the teahouse, socializing in their booth after a long day of work. Yamato sent a salute in their direction. He received back a handwave, and then they gestured for him to join them. Yamato dismissed the offer with his hand. "You guys have fun." he exclaimed, then went back to waiting for his drink.

He pulled out a notebook and scribbled some stuff down. He sighed afterward and dropped his head onto the bar. He played dead in that position until Nazumi arrived with his drink. Yamato looked at what he was served. It looked like a small glass of water. When he pulled the glass towards himself, he realized the liquid (whatever it was) had a strong smell. "You sure you don't want something with that? Tea, juice?". Yamato shook his head. "I assure you I've had stronger.". Nazumi shrugged again. "I gave you a fair warning.". She went away to take care of the rest of her customers. "I've been all over the world, Nazumi." Yamato said to her as she left him alone at the bar.  He took a shot from his glass, "I can handle anything.". The drink shut his eyes, and he had to inhale for a few seconds before he could open them again. "It's fine. It's weak." he said, this time just to himself in his corner at the bar. He had slurred his line a little bit at the end, and he had started shaking by the first word out of his mouth.

Less than ten seconds and two shots later, he was sitting at the booth with his colleagues, his face for once not the same color as his suit, but beat red. "I practically made Kiri." he screamed at the people just a few inches away from his face, "It was barely a town before I arrived there. I put it on the map. Who even knew about them before then? Who? Nobody.". He was swaying and swinging around in perfect circles, sometimes randomly changing direction. "I'm like... Ninety-three and a half percent sure I came up with their wall-thingy. They stole it. Stole my idea. And never gave me credit. Or payment. I don't even know who was paid. They just pay people based on stabs.". He started tapping his finger on the table as he continued, "The ninja institution would not work without paperwork. They're barbarians, all of them. If I ran the country we would be at the next century by now.". He then shot his head to the side when he realized the owner was passing their table. "Nazumi!" Yamato shouted with joy, "One more bottle for the table, pleeeeease!". Nazumi smiled, nodded, and took away the empty pile of junk on the table.
Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato] Empty Re: Craving Applause, Hating Attention [Yamato]

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:50 am

Komori

Hark, do mine ears deceive me? In walks a man who desires all but rice. 

While this observation was enough to already peg this man as a foreigner, his unprompted exclamation of worldliness caused Komori’s ears to perk up. Here in Tanbo, he might as well have not ever existed beforehand. Here was a village without political turmoil and monthly invasions, like Konoha just a hop and a skip away or so it seemed. The drink was seemingly too much for him, as he lacked the stability of a sober man. He watched the man stagger away from the bar to a booth that had grown rowdier as the working day had come to a close, his voice the loudest of them all. 

You should delve into the history of your weapon, Komori, or you won't be able to utilise it to its fullest extent.

He shook his head in an attempt to scatter the memories of a time since passed. As Komori listened to the man droning on and on about feats of valor that did not fit the way he carried himself, he thought of telling him the truth of himself. That he had truly once led a village mightier than the Rice, that he had once sat with men who sought to become gods, that he had sealed legendary beasts, that he had even defeated one himself. But he didn't. He allowed for the spew of mediocrity to fill his ears as his glass was once again filled. Enjoying some quality Tanbogakure brand alcohol made with real, genuine rice, Komori could not help himself but interject above the noise, “You’re a far cry from Xyxer Gyojin, my friend”. He picked up his mug and walked over to the table. “So who are you, who claims to have made Kiri?” Should the man before him respond, he would reply in tow as well. Regardless, he would take another swig from his mug, the drink going down with ease. The blood was already rising to his face, but perhaps… just one more would be fine…

WC: 664

Last edited by Komori on Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pretty format)
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:55 am
"If you haven't heard of me, I've done my job well." Yamato answered the man questioning him without turning his (rapidly fading) gaze. "How good is the best shinobi you've heard of, if you've heard of them.? Fame -or infamy- isn't excellence.". Yamato was clearly passionate, his sentences prepared from years ago, being recited almost perfectly despite his current level of soberness. "So I um... Wait. Let me...". As soon as the memorized portion of his speech ended, he started stumbling. "Xyxer Gyojin. He didn't build Kiri, did he? He was just... Running it.". "WITH!" he shouted, raising his pointer finger, then pointing it at himself "Lots of invisible help. You've probably never heard of who actually formed Kiri, and you also don't know who I am. Coincidence?". Yamato's eyes shut, and he almost fell asleep sitting on his spot. A few seconds later, he woke up again. He looked at the people sitting around him in the booth and spoke like the previous conversation didn't take place, "Weather's been so weird lately, right? One day rain, one day bright skies. Lucky I'm not sick to be honest.".

Yamato kept swaying back and forth on his seat. The stranger addressing him must have been a hallucination, as his vision was too blurry to register the man. The laughs and stories of Yamato's coworkers also barely registered to the blonde man's ears. Thinking he was breaking the silence, he asked "Anyone feel like playing chess? I've got 10ryo I can win without knights.".
Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:25 am

Komori

"If I've heard of them," he sat down across from the loudmouth, mug in hand. "It means they gained fame or infamy as a result of the nameless failing to kill them." He took a swig, draining the remnant of his cup and promptly hailing for another refill as the conversation continued. He arched a lone eyebrow. "Have you ever heard of a saying regarding correlation not relating to causation? Sure I haven't heard of any men behind the scenes, but that doesn't mean that any man I haven't heard of is instantly behind the scenes." Whether or not this would reach the ear of the other seemed moot when his consciousness faded. His refill arriving, Komori drank his fermented friend. "You're on." Once the chessboard was set up, Komori would move the knight on the side of the king to a space in front of his unmoved pawns.

-----

Several moves had been made by now, pieces scattered about the board. Yamato's knights would remain in place as long as he did not move them, as Komori had no need to sacrifice his own pieces for one that would not factor into play if his opponent kept his word. However, the one eyed man had been regailing this audience, something he had not entertained in quite some time, with a tale far more impressive than the alleged shadow foundation of Kirigakure.

"And then the bastard moved faster than I *hic* had ever seen-"Komori said, more than one drink later. "with this *hic* sword thinner than any other. He weaved through my defenshesh." Slurring a bit now, Komori was speaking loudly now on matters that no longer concerned chess, the game still afoot. "and lunged at *hic* me before I wash finally able to kill him. But, when he turned to dusht, that masshive *hic* needle of a shword stayed behind and took my damn eye." By this point, he was waving his arms and speaking more frantically than he had in years, ending by intensely pointing to the eyepatch adorning his face.

To the rest of the teahouse, it appeared that Komori had drunk his fill and then some. With more drink came loose lips, and with loose lips came the former way that Komori had been. A man who would not shrug a challenge, even in something as simple as boasting of one's feats or a drunken match of chess. Invisible help, came his mental scoff. The story which he had finished telling left no room to be embellished, as it was ridiculous enough in its own right. A phantom serial killer who left behind a giant needle sword? This tale would sound tall to anyone who was not there to witness it. He stared at the chessboard with an intense gaze that he had not worn in years.

WC: 1135

Last edited by Komori on Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Pretty format)
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:52 pm

Yamato Tanaka

Post WC: 370
Total WC: 1230

AP:

200/200

Chess Board (Yamato=White, Komori=Black):

Yamato turned around to see the one-eyed man, "Oh. You weren’t a hallucination?". He tried to focus and pick out some of the words the man was saying so he could maybe make an assumption to what he wanted. His attention span at the moment was not enough to take in complete sentences, so his brain was trying to make do with the tools it had available. "You do wanna play chess? Maybe you are still a hallucination...". Yamato looked away, into the void where all of his imaginary friends came from. "Sit down, hallucinatory friend. Let’s play sho-go-chess. Chess. Hell, I’ll even give you this benefit.". Yamato leaned in as if he was about to reveal a massive surprise, "I’ll take out my two knights for you.". He giggled. Somehow, it produced two separate noises: one of a mad man doing their best evil laugh and child trying to suppress their laughter so it won’t be found out they were the prankster all along.

“Causation corelation blah blah. If you’re so obsessed with old Kage’s go find one and mary them. Fame is shit. Neither of us probably know or care where previously-famous shinobi are now, right? It doesn’t mean shit. Work matters. I’m work. I’m uh...". Yamato looked down to realize he had given away a bunch of his pieces while talking. "I don’t get swords that much, Halle - that’s you - that’s short for Hallucination. But it sounds like the sword is a metaphor.". Yamato narrowed his eyes, nodded, and tapped the side of his skull with his index finger, which he then pointed at the one-eyed man. "Honestly though… Good for you for winning… The sword? That’s what you were saying right? Also good job with chess. You beat my… 1% power form.". Yamato chugged his drink again.

He took a few seconds just to take in the alcohol. It felt like they were getting stronger with every pour. "Hey Halle." Yamato said, "If you’re a needle kinda guy, why don’t we play darts? You can keep telling me about how you invented Kiri… No wait. How you invented… Xyxer Gyojin. No how Kiri invented your sword. No that’s not it. Well, you tell me.".

Komori likes this post

Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:18 pm

Komori

A truly magnificent victory had been accomplished through the combined efforts of alcohol and the giga brain of the man with an eyepatch. That, and the unknown reason as to why the blond man in front of him decided to give himself such a handicap before the game was even afoot. Old kages and where they are now? It seemed his newfound drinking rival had a sense for dramatic irony, whether or not he was aware. “Perhaps it does not matter,” he agreed with a nod of his head and the taking of a bishop. He continued taking piece after piece, sacrificing some when necessary, but rarely if ever using his pawns. He played fast and hard, using the powerful pieces to trap the king and his entourage on the board, until there was nothing but the opponent king even left. He admired his opponent for not giving up, however, this admiration seemed to fade upon the metaphor conclusion. “Shwat in the *hic* are you talking about a metaphor-” a brief pause “-for?” gave way to a light chuckle at the repetition. Heh. “Well, pal,” Halle began, swaying from side to side by the end of the game and his last drink. “Bring your one *hic* hundred thoushand power form nexsht time.”

“You’re on *hic*. Again.” Halle stood up, bumping into the table and knocking over several pieces that were still standing. “You can pick the game rulesh.” The intoxicated man would then pick up the sharp pointy thing and prepare to throw. Upon confirmation of the type of darts they were to play, Halle would wind up, talking all the while. “I don’t even know why I took it,” he sighed. He released a dart and it sailed below the board entirely, lodging itself in a wall. “I coulda shworn I was better at thish.” He picked up another dart and threw it immediately, hitting the 20 above where he had first thrown. “But the needle washn’t made for me, I took it from a dead man because it seemed usheful.” Picking up a third dart, Komori squinted his eye and released another dart, which sailed into the triple 20 marker. "It was all a matter of luck."

WC: 1504
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 am

Yamato

Yamato scoffed. "My one tw-thousand hundred power form? You- sir! Halle! No! My perrrr- perfect form is not meant for… Ma-mortals.". Yamato smiled smugly after finishing his sentence. In his mind he had bragged eloquently. He kept talking, slurring his lines, "Whyy? Why would I! Me! I, bring myy...". He kept trailing off as usual, "Perfit forum? Preferred farm?". Yamato nodded five or six times to confirm he had fixed his pronunciation. "Who’s is facing me in shogo? You and what arm? Armond. Armor.". He nodded rapidly once again. He was now drinking a tall glass of water that he was convinced was more alcohol. "Let's throw dorks." he shouted as if it was his battle cry. He struggled to get up from his seat, and after he finally accomplished this task that for a brief moment felt impossible, he grabbed some darts and walked to a position to get a clean shot.

The dartboard he was aiming at, however, was in fact Halle’s back. Instead of elegantly aiming and launching the darts one by one, he threw all six darts in his fist directly at the back of Halle’s attire. Two of them would miss by each of his ears, three of them would hit his upper back (whether they pierced his clothing or not), and one would miraculously find its way towards the dartboard, landing on a score of triple seven, securing him twenty-one points if anybody was counting scores (correctly or otherwise). "WOOOOO!" Yamato let out a primal scream at a higher pitch than anybody would have expected from him. "You just grabbed the dead man’s needle sword? Okay… Where is the needle now, is it in the room with us right now? Is it so thin that it’s invisible to the human eye? Is… Is it a metaphor again?".

Yamato then once again dropped himself onto one of the booths. His coworkers had walked out some time ago. Yamanaka had missed it either while he was (semi-)focused on the chess match, or when he was conversing with his hallucinatory friend. "So Halle… I gotta ask. You’re not a ghost, right? I hear this town is full of ghosts. You have to tell me if you’re a ghost, Halle. I’m trusting you here. If you’re not a ghost - what are you doing in Tanbo? Just here to be a hallucination to me? Are you here to teach me about valuable life lessons? Like it’s important to have friends even though it’s not as important as work? OR! Do you hallucinate with just everyone? Wow. I thought I was special Halle. Y-you have to tell me if you’re everybody’s hallucination or not! Tell me right now!". Yamato was looking at nowhere at all when he was speaking to Halle. He could only hope Halle would be anywhere close to where Yamato happened to be looking when he spoke.

He appeared as if he had just completed a marathon. "Either way." he said, regardless of what sort of apparition Halle turned out to be, "That’s enough sports Halle. Too much sports for one night. I’m beat.". He took off his white jacket to reveal a long-sleeved plain white shirt underneath. He fashioned the jacket into a pillow, put it on the table and laid his head on top of it.

Post WC: 552
Total WC: 1782

Komori likes this post

Komori
Komori
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:49 pm

Komori

Clearly, neither of them were quite sure as to what ruleset for darts they were playing. Which seemed fair, as both were quite intoxicated at this point. So intoxicated, in fact, that one of the pair had mistaken the back of the other as the dartboard. After quite a spiel about his Persian ferret and a tangent even he could not follow, Komori had turned around to allow the blond guy to take his turn upon being referred to as a dark, but the man proceeded to somehow yeet six darts at once with accuracy so frightening, it may as well have been capable of pinning the wings of a meer gnat in mid flight. Perhaps, Komori thought as he noticed the darts approaching him from near point blank range, Being drunk is his jutsu style. With that, the chest that was now turned to face him, that would have been on the receiving end of the sharp pointy things that should not be played with while one is inebriated, partially turned to liquid, the darts passing through his liquified form. Would that be a form of ninjutsu? The projectiles collided into each other in mid air, the impact shifting their course away from the dartboard and instead finding their mark in the wooden wall around it. Could I learn such a style?

Stop that, Komori. He shook his head, his instinctual response already fading from his mind. You gave up that life years ago. He almost did not realize that the blond guy was celebrating a perceived victory? A good turn? What rules were they playing with again? He would not have much time to consider this train of thought before Blondie began again and Komori sipped from some water as well. Being a Hozuki meant being hydrated, after all. “It’sh in thee oshean.” He said matter of factly. “I think?” The one eyed man had still not quite wrapped his head around the notion that his story was anything besides what he had told it, free of subtext or metaphorical ramblings about the nature of the world that they lived in. Lectures like those were best saved for the occasional secret mafioso who had to learn a lesson about hard work and honest living. Not that Komori knew anyone befitting such a description of course.

He raised a cautious, questioning, inquiring eyebrow at the accusation of such supernatural occurrences. In the years he had been living on the outskirts of Tanbo, he had not come across any true spirits. The only ghosts he faced were those that haunted him from his past life. He allowed for Blondie to speak, blinking (or was it winking) in disbelief, although it appeared that the one ranted was not even aware of his presence. “My name isn’t Halle, and I’m not a ghost.” He grabbed the man’s shoulders, softly enough that it could not be mistaken as assault and therefore a laser beam from another dimension worthy of aggression, but simply enough to get the man to look at him and feel his corporeal form, which a spirit would most likely not have. “My name!” He said a bit too excitedly. The water had not quite worked its magic just yet. “Is Komori!” His eye went wide, realizing his folly. “Like I said, Mori! Rice farmer extraordinaire!” Surely his brilliantly picked pseudonym Mori Suki would never be able to be connected to his true identity as Komori Hozuki. Taking advantage of Blondie’s either lack of hearing, comprehension, fatigue, or a combination of all three, Komori opted to suggest a new endeavor. “I hear you!” he said, eager to change the subject. “The bathhouse sounds great right now.” With the expert segue in place, Komori/Mori/Halle would nod to the barkeep to add his drinks to his tab, and not in any way shape or form be deceived to be coerced into picking up Blondie’s bill. With that, the gentleman would venture forth into the bathhouse.

WC: 2168
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Chunin
Chunin
Survived 2021

Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:45 am

Yamato

Yamato was the most confused he had been the entire night. "You’re needle sword is in the ocean… You think? What do you mean? It left you on its own?". Yamato, while speaking that sentence realized the water he had been drinking was, in fact, water, and he had been slowly sobering up. He had to fight against it. He grabbed one of the half-empty bottles from the previous booth, and poured himself another glass. He would continue to drink for the time being, as the two continued talking.

When Halle spoke clearly to Yamato and stated that he was in fact not a ghost, he raised his head and made direct eye contact with his drinking buddy of the day. He looked deep into Halle’s eye. He was going to address Halle right after that statement, but it seemed Halle wasn’t done talking yet. What followed was a name from… Mori? What was the one before that? Mori was drunk after all, maybe that was a stutter, and the man had just said Mo-Mori. "Mori..." Yamato repeated softly. He looked at the man with an eyepatch. Yamato’s mind engines ran. Smoke came out, gears shut down, sparks flew. He wasn’t working with full capacity. But somewhere deep in his mind there was still a connection all of his life of reading and educating himself in all worldly things. The name… He must have come across somewhere, he was sure of it. He could not remember clearly what it meant, but he could barely recall it had something to do with death.

Mori. Was he lying? Was he a ghost? Was he death itself, or in its service, approaching Yamato after he’s had bottles of drinks? Mori. Yamato could not remember. For now he chose to live in disbelief. Let Mori be true, let Mori be real. Let Mori be an acquaintance, for once, and not the meaninglessness of Yamato’s life in the form of an avatar. Wow. Yamato realised he was stuck in the wrong phase of his drunk state. He had to drink more, or get sobered so he would return to the phases he enjoyed himself. It would be the former, as he took three more shots. "Well nice to meet you again Mori. I will try to remember you.". He raised a glass to Mori, and kept taking more shots. It seemed to hurt him physically. "Bathhouse? Oh right. My muscles are so sore from all the physical strain. Might be nice.". He took as many bottles as he could carry, leaving his jacket behind on the table. "It’s nice that you’re not a ghost, Ha-Mori. Let’s go check out this bathhouse!". He raised the bottles in his hands. His eyes were still closed most of the time. "You’re cool, Mori. You’re cool." he kept on rambling, "I get too focused on work sometimes… You gotta- you gotta just… Chill from time to time… You know… Remember death is an inevitability, and all. Just enjoy life.". He had been walking towards the bathhouse at this point, so there was a good chance Mori was not following him, and not hearing any of these words.

“You know,” Yamato then spoke again, this time making sure Mori was near enough to hear him, “You say you’re a farmer but you also said all that stuff about the needle sword and the fight… Is that like… A regular life of a farmer? I can’t say I know how much sword-fighting farmers get into. Also, full honesty here Mori, I don’t think I’m at my one hundred percent clarity of mind right now. Maybe I would have made the connection in my usual state. You gave up swords, now you’re all about rice?”. He kept walking towards the bathhouse.

Post WC: 629
Total WC: 2411

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum