Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Surviving the Apparition of MalevolencyToday at 4:36 amKaiya UchihaWhere the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape

Strings [IO]

+2
Kita Hajime
Murata
6 posters
Go down
Murata
Murata
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --
Ryo : 0

Strings [IO] Empty Strings [IO]

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:42 am
Princess, the prissy calico that has wormed her way into Murata's life, insistently nudges against her vassal's hand with a 'prrp'. Murata idly strokes at her ears, reading the letter again and again. Her apartment is quiet and cluttered around her, the intensity of her recent schedule leaving cleaning tasks far along the wayside.

Emergency Response Team 3,

I write to you today to express my deepest gratitude to your team and the rest of Kirigakure's ninja forces for your efforts in the aftermath of the typhoon. There are so many families that did not have to bury their kin due to your work and diligence. Ours is one of them.

My grandson, Seiki, would be gone if it weren't for all of you. Our clan owes its future to your efforts.

We would like to extend an invitation to all of you to attend a dinner at our estate so we can express our thanks properly. We are a humble clan, but we will extend the warmest welcomes we can provide. It's the very least we can do, and Seiki would love to meet his heroes now that he has recovered.

If you are interested in attending, please get in touch, and we will arrange a date that is to everybody's liking.

Sincerely yours,
Junko Itoshi

The elaborate, looping pheasant crest of the Itoshi clan stamps the bottom of the letter. Princess sniffs at a matching wax seal attached to the discarded envelope. The handwriting is immaculate, flowing like honey from one word to the next in lovely scarlet ink.

Murata had been informed, in a quick chat at the mission desk, that the kid they'd pulled from the water over a month ago had pulled through. It hadn't seemed quite real, then, but now there's a name. A family.

The letter fills her with shame. She'd thought him dead and gone the moment they pulled him from the water. It had been the rest of the team that had saved him. How is she going to look this woman in the eye and take credit for her clan's future? Murata will have to, of course. There's no way she could live with snubbing an invitation like this, either.

Now that that tiny, shivering boy is a real person in her mind, somebody she could bear to think of that way without steeling herself against the cruelty and inevitability of the world, she finds herself desperately wanting to see him in good health. It will not be her victory to claim, but it's a small kindness she can allow herself to be reminded of. A small forgiveness.

"I am going to another nice dinner, Princess," Murata coos. Princess blinks at her skeptically.

The Itoshi clan's estate is located deep in the village's old downtown. Not too far from the Hisori theatre, Murata notes, and she hopes that this clan isn't in similar rough shape. Color and history blossoms around her, these neighborhoods near unchanged in decades and shouting for all to see that this place was once named Shimagakure. Murata looks down to the directions note that had been sent to her when the date had been finalized, allowing it to guide her through the small tangle of old neighborhoods.

The district it leads her to is unassuming and quiet, the scarlet crest above the entry gates indicating it is clan property her only confirmation that she is in the right place. Murata steps through the gate, tugging at the collar of her grey kimono with slight discomfort. She had been able to afford fresh formalwear, having become quite taken with the clothing she had been temporarily treated to on her mission out in Horoichi. In these circumstances, for some reason, being so comfortable... is uncomfortable. She feels vulnerable.

"You must be Murata."

A tall and slender woman, at least seventy and with a grace to her age, steps from the door of one of the buildings. She immediately stands in absolute contrast to the smooth stone and fog around her by the sheer beauty and complexity of her dress, and Murata blinks in surprise, suddenly feeling quite inadequate. It is immediately obvious that the Itoshi clan is one of tailors and textiles - the sheer masterwork and density of embroidery in the woman's layered silks boggles the mind, animals and nature scenes weaving together in a novel's worth of story in a single garment. Murata is not sure whether to assume it was the work of ninjutsu or if suggesting such would be an immense insult. The woman's silver hair is held simply and gently cinched behind her neck with a gleaming pheasant brooch, falling to her mid-back.

"Lady Itoshi," Murata greets, the formality alien to her tongue. "...Junko Itoshi, I take it?"

"Just Junko will do just fine. We don't do fancy here," she says, beckoning Murata inside. "Come on in, get warmed up. Just you so far?"

"It seems that way," Murata murmurs, stepping through the doorway at their host's invitation. It seems that the Itoshi clan keeps all of its beauty on the inside. The interior of the house is lush with rugs and textile work, warm and comfortable and inviting, furnished in yellows and reds. It feels as though she could sit anywhere in here and instantly drift away to sweet dreams. Although richly furnished, it is not a large house - it's a simple single family home, and Murata is at no risk of getting lost on the way to the dining room. Overall, she feels conflicted as to how seriously to take the assertion that they 'don't do fancy here'. She takes a seat, Junko stepping over to pour her a glass of tea. "Thank you."

"Seiki's upstairs. Watching out the window. He shouted for me when he saw you."

"Is he to wait until everybody is here to join us?" Murata asks, smiling in amusement. She holds her tea to her lips, daring at it, but finding it too hot for the moment. It smells quite nice - a little spicy.

"If he has the patience...!"

Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Clan Specialty : N/A

Strings [IO] Empty Re: Strings [IO]

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:02 pm
Kita squinted down at the letter in front of him, slowly reading through the fancy text as he finished the last of his breakfast. Bobo sat at the other end of the table, playing with a fork as he waited for Kita to finish eating and alleviate his boredom. "You almost done reading that piece of scratch paper or am I gonna be sitting here another 30 minutes?" Kita stopped reading for a moment and looked up at Bobo, eyes slowly narrowing. "What? What'd I say?" Kita gave a long sigh. "Bobo, I think more than ninja skills, you need to learn some manners. Besides, this isn't a piece of scratch paper. It's an invitation." Bobo snorted. "An invitation? To what?" Kita turned it around and slid it over for Bobo to see. "To dinner. Looks like the family of one of a kid that I rescued want to thank me and the team who saved him." Bobo's simian eyebrow raised as he read through the letter himself. "You sure that this lady has the right guy? I don't remember this." Kita gave a soft laugh. "You wouldn't Bobo. You do realize that I was a ninja before you joined up with me right? This was actually one of the first missions that I was assigned on. There was a storm that hit northern Kirigakure. It flooded a good chunk of the area. Me and a team of a group of three other shinobi were assigned to look for survivors and get them to safety. It took about three days for us to finish the mission. The last person that we rescued was a little kid that we really thought wasn't going to make it. I guess that he ended up pulling through." Bobo shrugged as he slid the note back over the table to Kita. "Well are you going?" Kita nodded. "I mean, why not? I don't really have any other plans for the day, and I'm never one to turn down free food."

Kita brought his fingers together into the shadow clone symbol, and summoned an identical clone of himself (Shadow Clone). Without looking back at the clone, Kita continued eating as he gave orders. "Go ahead and contact Mrs. Itoshi and tell her that I'll be coming. You know my schedule, anytime works." Bobo snorted once again as the clone began walking off to perform Kita's bidding. "Well maybe he knows your schedule, but what about mine? He didn't even ask if I had plans." Kita polished off the very last of what he was eating and pushed it to the side. "He didn't ask because you're not going. You weren't on the mission, you need to catch up on your studies into ninja arts, and you're incredibly rude. Bringing you just isn't a good idea." The indignation was clear on Bobo's face as he rose to his feet and pointed a finger in Kita's face. "Now that's just hurtful kid, real hurtful. I'll have you know that I'm the nicest monkey that you'll ever meet! Besides, I'm perfectly caught up in my ninja techniques." Kita stood up from the table and made his way over to the fridge, selecting a soft drink for his consumption. "Bobo, let's not kid ourselves here. Fine, you're not rude. However, you still haven't learned how learned to heal people like I wanted. That's the number one most crucial thing for you to learn Bobo. As an animal, even a chakra enhanced one such as yourself, you can't match up to a regular shinobi in strength. What happens if someone attacks you? What happens if I get too injured to fight? You need to learn how to heal Bobo, that's your number one objective right now. If you can't do that, I can't in good conscious take you with me on my most important ninja missions. Besides..." Kita popped off the lid of the drink. "I don't have a suit for you to wear."

Kita showed up at the front of the estate attempting to look as nice as possible. He had picked out the only black suit that he had owned, and his black hair had been combed as well. Kita was surprised when he had looked in the mirror and saw the length. When he had first started as a shinobi, it was too short to be combed. Now, just like his experience, it had grown. As he stood in front of the door to the modest home of the family in question, Kita rapped on the door only twice before it swung open to reveal an older woman adorned in fine silken robes. "Ahh. Kita Hajime was it? I remember you sending your little clone to reserve a spot at my table. Please, come in. We already have another member of your team here." Kita nodded. "Thank you Mrs. Itoshi." She chuckled as she held the door open for Kita, allowing him into the intricately decorated home within. "Junko will do well enough dear. Don't worry about the formalities." She guided her newest guest through their gorgeous living room and into the kitchen, where Murata had already been seated. She turned to Kita and smiled, gesturing to the table. "Please, have a seat dear."

Word Count - 876
Murata
Murata
Citizen

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:56 am
The pair have a bit of time before Kita arrives. Murata wonders if her invitation had been intentionally scheduled a little earlier. They discuss Murata's recent missions and her growth as a shinobi. Junko is remarkably deft at directing the conversation away from herself, and Murata begins to feel like she has sat down for some manner of interview just before Junko drops the bombshell.

"I will be sending a recommendation for your promotion to Chunin." Junko takes a sip of her tea, and Murata's first reaction is acute awareness and embarrassment at how closely Junko is watching her for a reaction. Murata's reaction is embarrassment, overall. This must be a mistake.

"I am... flattered," she stumbles. Unwilling to directly question the woman's judgement directly, she grasps for words. Is it too late to say something stupid enough to make her reconsider? "I did not think I would be eligible for a great while." Is this woman aware that she has spent less than a year's time in this village? She had somewhat hoped that her showings had been... simply adequate, rather than impressive enough to attract attention.

"The world turns quickly. More quickly every day." Junko smiles. "Our dear Mizukage appeared from nowhere, didn't he? I see no reason to allow talent to languish."

"I was content to languish," Murata says mournfully. There is a sort of sardonic, affectionate edge to her voice, accepting this woman's kindness and investment of her but still taking all the time she needs to complain about it. "Should I consider this set in stone?"

"Better, but not good enough," Junko says. "Aren't you getting yearly bonuses, now? Lucky kids. You're better off than we were. I would consider it done, yes. My words have a little more sway than you might expect." A hint of amusement enters her voice. "Your reluctance only makes me more secure in my decision, I'm sorry to say."

Murata sighs. Well... at the very least, most of the supplementary roles in the village are filled by Chunin. Perhaps she could parlay this into a position at the Academy or elsewhere that won't require so much work in the field... at the very least, this means that for the moment, her position is secure. Secure as it can be in one of these villages, at least. Finally, she remembers herself, and allows herself a small smile of gratitude.

"...Thank you."

"Of course. Do not think this means that I have fulfilled my debt to you, either." Junko gazes out the window. "I will extend the same courtesy to your team, when I feel that they are ready. But they're so young... perhaps Kasumi, soon."

There's a shout from upstairs and a rapping at the door. Junko excuses herself to go greet the next to arrive, which turns out to be Kita. Murata greets him with a warm smile, though it seems slightly distant, her mind obviously occupied with something else.

TWC: 1503

Mid-thread claim: Chuunin rank claimed via C-rank power, as per village laws (kage permission here also), coming with the following perks:

Chuunin flak vest
2,500 ryo

Satoru Jugo
Satoru Jugo
Hyogakage
Hyogakage
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Link
Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:31 am
Approved.
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:15 pm
Gonk was a bit surprised when he found the letter slipped under his door, after returning from a mission.
“What’s this?” He wondered as he picked up the scroll and examined it. The wax seal holding the paper closed was one Gonk had not seen before. “Perhaps this wax seal is a family crest of some kind,” Gonk speculated as he examined it more closely. The seal appeared to be a phoenix, and was highly stylized. “I’ve never seen this symbol before, why was this sent to me? Well, only one way to find out,” Gonk broke the seal and opened the letter, reading it carefully.
“Why do they want to have us over? It’s not like we did anything special, we were just doing our duty.” But despite his personal feelings on the matter, Gonk still wrote a letter back to the family, confirming his attendance. “I am glad that kid made it through though. I thought he was a goner.” After responding, Gonk set the letter down and went on with his day.
A couple hours before the dinner Gonk realized something important, he didn’t have anything to wear. Afterall, he had never been to a formal dinner.
“Shit, what am I going to wear,” Gonk dashed out of his apartment slamming the door behind him and started dashing down the stairs. Wakame heard this commotion from his room next door and came out to see what the matter was.
“Gonk,” he called down the stairs, “is everything alright?” Gonk halted and ran back up. 
“Not really,” Gonk replied. “I have a formal dinner in a bit and I don’t have anything to wear.”
“Hmmm, I might have something for you, come in,” Gonk followed Wakame into his apartment and sat down on his bed.
“So where is this dinner and with who?” Wakame asked him as he walked over to his closet and started looking through his outfits.
“It’s at the house of someone from the Itoshi clan. Me and a few other genin saved their grandson during the flood."
“Ah the Itoshi clan, you’ll need something very nice then.”
“How come? Who are these Itoshi people?”
“They are a clan that lived in Shimagakure before it’s transformation into new Kirigakure. They didn’t like this for the most part and disliked Xyxer. They also enjoy fine things, so it’s important to dress nice. I believe I still have the suit gifted to me by them.”
“You’ve met them before?” Gonk asked as Wakame dug around his closet.
“Yes, they heard rumors of our clan's plights and invited the clan head, who was my father, over to dinner. As a gift, they gave each of us a custom suit. This is mine from when I was around your age.” At the end of his sentence he pulled out a beautiful suit, clearly made by an extremely skilled tailor. It was different shades of blue, causing it to look like water, and was covered by different types of marine life. 
“Wow this is incredible!” Gonk said as he took it into his hands, examining the fine cloth.
“Yes it truly is. Now hurry and put it on. You don’t want to be late for this.” Gonk quickly put on the suit, which he discovered fit him well, then ran off to go find the house. Gonk got some strange looks as he walked down the streets, because while the suit was very nice, it was strange to see someone walking down the street in it. Gonk followed the directions sent to him after he confirmed his attendance, and was taken to a part of the village he had never been to before. It was the village's historic center if you will. It was all that remained of Shimagakure before it turned into new Kirigakure. Gonk eventually found himself in front of an entry gate marked with the symbol of the Itoshi clan.
“If only there was still a Hoshigaki district,” Gonk thought mournfully as he waited at the gates. “There used to be, but now there’s barely enough people to fill an apartment building.” Gonk was shaken out of his somber thoughts by the appearance of an old woman, who opened the gates. She was tall and slender, and very old, but she had aged well, the years only adding to her grace. She wore a dress similar to Gonk’s own suit, except hers contained land animals and nature scenes. 
“Hello,” she said to Gonk, smiling at him, “I am Junko Itoshi, it’s a pleasure to get to meet you.”
Gonk smiled back “I’m Gonk Hoshigaki. Thank you for having me Lady Itoshi.”
“Oh please, call me Junko. That’s a very nice suit you’ve got there Gonk, it was made by the Itoshi clan if I’m not mistaken.”
“Yes it is,” Gonk told her as they walked down the street. “It was my uncle’s. It was gifted to him by your clan when he was around my age. His name is Wakame”
“Ah yes I remember Wakame, he was a sweet boy. It’s a shame what happened to him. Even more of a shame what happened to your clan.” She said this as she pushed open the door to her house, revealing a meticulously decorated interior. The Itoshi clan clearly had taste. She led Gonk through the living room and into a kitchen, where Gonk saw Kita and Murata waiting. Gonk sat down in one of the chairs and greeted his friends. “Hey Kita, hey Murata, is Kasumi not here yet?” A little bit of disappointment crept into his final words. He had been looking forward to spending more time with her.
“Where's Seiki?” Gonk asked the group. “I’d like to meet him,”
“He’s upstairs in his room,” Junko replied. “He’s watching out the window to see when everyone shows up. You’ll get to meet him in a bit,” Gonk nodded his head and smiled, waiting for the last member of the squad and the boy to join them.
[WC=1000]
Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:33 am
Kita took his seat at the table, smiling to his host and the other guest at the table. "Hello Murata. It's nice to see you again." Kita would have to try his best to speak fancy. After all, this house and dinner was far finer than Kita would've expected. He found himself thanking his lucky stars that he didn't bring Bobo along. Murata gave a smile back to Kita in response to his greeting, but something about it seemed off. Foreign. Not exactly unpleasant, but almost like she wasn't quite there. "That's pretty strange... She looks like she's thinking about something. It's probably personal business, so it's best not to bring it up at the table." Kita tried his hardest not to feel inadequately dressed as he sipped at a complementary glass of water that had been placed in front of himself, hoping to remain as small as possible in hopes that Junko wouldn't notice his somewhat lackluster appearance. "So, if you don't mind my asking Mrs. Junko, how is Seiki? He wasn't looking too well the last time that I saw him." She gave a smile and took a sip of the drink in front of herself. Wine it seemed. "It took quite a while, but he's doing well. Since then, he's been rather smitten with the tales and fantasies of being a ninja. I suppose that every child goes through such a phase, but I'm certain that you know how it goes." Kita nodded slowly. Being a ninja certainly wasn't as exciting as he thought it would be. "Yes, I know how it goes."

A few moments after, Junko excused herself once more to let in another member of their team, Gonk. As she left, a certain question wormed its way into Kita's mind. It grabbed hold of him and possessed his jaw before he could stifle it. When she was out of earshot, Kita absentmindedly muttered the question to Murata. "I didn't say anything before, but how exactly did she lose track of her kid? I mean, Kasumi found him on the roof of one of the buildings in the market district, and Mrs. Junko was nowhere to be found. That's a bit irresponsible if you ask..." Kita silenced himself as he heard Junko walking back to the table with Gonk in tow, and suddenly he wished that he was dead. Kita crossed his fingers that their host hadn't heard anything as Gonk gave his greetings. His appearance still struck Kita as odd even to this day, despite doing a number of missions with the young Hoshigaki. His scales and gills gave him a bit of an inhuman appearance, especially with his purple hair. Kita noted the slight dip in his voice when he asked for Kasumi's whereabouts, and an eyebrow slightly raised on Kita's forehead. "Hmm? Guess he hasn't seen Kasumi in a while." Kita pondered that for a small moment as Gonk sat down in one of the chairs, noting that of the three remaining chairs, Gonk sat in the middlemost one. Seems that if Kasumi did come, she would be sitting by Gonk. Kita gave a smile and sipped some more from his water cup. "No, Kasumi isn't here just yet. I think that she'll show up so long as she got the letter. She was with me when we checked up on Seiki in the hospital, so I imagine that she would want to make sure that he's alright." Kita sat back once more and sipped on his water as he waited for their food, and their host's son, to come out. He would be content to just listen to the conversations for now.

Word Count - 611

Total Word Count - 1487
Murata
Murata
Citizen

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:50 pm
The dinner goes forth, Seiki eventually emerging from his room and fawning over his rescuers - though he is disappointed to find that Kasumi wasn't able to make it. When this becomes apparent, Junko becomes oddly slightly more reserved, as though she has made some plan that has now been derailed. In any case, things are pleasant enough, and their host makes clear that she will be helping out the team in whatever capacity she can manage to repay their actions.

Exit

TWC: 1583

training at max stat discount
1125 words into Hidden Mist
remaining 458 words into Vanish (prev trained hereand here, now at 2400/3750)
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Roy Goka
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 500

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:02 pm
approved
Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:50 pm
The rest of the dinner was pleasant enough. Seiki was completely fine it seemed. Kita could've sworn that the frostbite would've caused some damage at least, but he was relieved to see that wasn't the case. Kita thanks their hosts on the way out, and feels a warm sensation as he returns home. It was a difficult mission, but it felt good knowing that Kita had managed to do some good. He'll have to train Bobo so that next time something like this occurs, he can actually come along and participate. Kita had to wonder if he was making any progress on his mission to learn medical ninjutsu. Now that Kita was thinking about it, it probably would've been better to stay and actually watch his progress...

Word Count - 127 Words

Total Word Count - 1614 Words

Exit Claims:
Fu
Fu
Jounin
Jounin
Stat Page : Fu's Fat Stats
Familiar : Archie the Bear
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure