Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Meeting under the moonToday at 4:56 amHanzo UchihaA Solemn Meeting [Junko]Today at 4:55 amHanzo UchihaLearning The RopesToday at 3:59 amAizen ChinoikeTalk With The ChiefToday at 2:30 amJunko TsukikoIlluminate the UmbraToday at 1:44 amJunko TsukikoReal Spooky HoursToday at 12:29 amKoda OmukadeMeeting the MoonToday at 12:21 amKakushin SenjuKintsugi is hereYesterday at 11:49 pmKakushin SenjuTraining, or making friendsYesterday at 11:17 pmKutari UchihaQuality Time (IO)Yesterday at 11:08 pmRen Kurosawa
Top posting users this month
178 Posts - 24%
129 Posts - 17%
95 Posts - 13%
70 Posts - 9%
56 Posts - 7%
54 Posts - 7%
52 Posts - 7%
41 Posts - 5%
38 Posts - 5%
34 Posts - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen
Stat Page : Hyuuga Souji Statistics
Remove Taijutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

A Momentary Laspe in Time (Mizuki) Empty A Momentary Laspe in Time (Mizuki)

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:14 am
Time... an indefinite continuance process of existence and events in the past, present and future regarded as a whole - one and infinite. Time itself have altered the courses of two individuals brought together by fate. Mizuki Ohta and Souji Hyuuga. Upon their meeting at the clefts of Sunagakure they're fate was subjected to a blend of emotions and understood. The hearts of both interwinded as if long lost over a multitude of years, finally reunited clinging to each other to create one. Both terribly well similar to the other. Though they are still learning in depths about the other. Such happening only manifest in the world on occasion of unique circumstances. Perhaps this was one of universal demand, or fateful desire.  

Its been some times since the two crossed paths in their very home - Mizuki, Kazekage of the sand village. Her time was no longer of her own, her obligation to the land compelled her to figuratively live in her office. Of course she's been home, it would be unlike her to leave Souji to his own device after she took him in. In truth, since their connection, it would be unlike Souji to leave her to her own without checking in on her - even if that meant from afar. From time to time, as tge lad head out on his missions he would stop precisely eighty meters away from her tower to scope in on her. In some cases he would do it from the village gates before leaving, forgoing all senses the Byakugan allowed just to gain that one mile visual distance. He was highly keen on her and her safety. No, it was not because he doubted her capabilities to protect herself, he knew very well that she was more than capable of doing such with one hand. His observance of her match with Zaine only made it evident. It was because for him and his heart, he needed to make sure that she was safe.  

Within the village, the boy would be found in the very first restaurant that Mizu introduced him to. The feeling was surreal, being there actually gave him bubbly and pleasant memories and feelings. The very first time he entered, he did not show the chief any form of respect. Of course he was five foot even back then, no things are slightly different. Upon entering the establishment, sounding the chime of the bell as he did so, the Hyuuga would step into the workers line of sight. Standing at five feet, six inches. His hair slightly longer, while the side and back was shaved down closely. His lilac eyes would glisten with allure. His piercings in his ears and under his bottom lip did as well. He wore a black turtleneck like shirt that hugs around his neck just over the adams apple. A black jacket with a few straps and buckles to give the impression of a straight jacket. Crimson pants and black shinobi boots. A white silk sash that hung over his left leg with the symbol of Sunagakure branded on it. 

The chief would notice him, smiled as he waved. Souji would glance over to the chief, his eyes focused on him and his waving for a few seconds with no immediate response. He would tilt his head down as he closed his eyes. Bringing his right hand from the depth if his jacket pocket as he raised it in a manner that would gesture him greeting the chief back. Returning said hand back to his pocket, he would motion further into the building. The smells would never cease to amaze him, they always seemed to smell even better than the last visit. "Table for two...please." His words approached. The chief would direct him to one of three empty sittings. Souji being himself, he selected the one furthest in the back near the corner. It had a window view and he sort of liked how the village functioned when he gazed over it from a window. Taking his seat, facing the entrance of the establishment he would place his right elbow onto the table top and form a lazy fist with his right hand. The side of his face would rest upon his fist as his left hand would sit upon the menu that was stationed before him. His eyes would gaze out of the window as he awaited someone so very dear to him...his Mizuki. 

[WC: 740]
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 330650

A Momentary Laspe in Time (Mizuki) Empty Re: A Momentary Laspe in Time (Mizuki)

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:13 am
Amongst the piles of requests and paperwork that she had been wading through the past few days - travel requests, allocation of hours for Jounin training, payments for this and that - it was all beginning to run together it seemed. Oftentimes she found herself pacing around the room as she reviewed another expense report only to find herself closing her eyes and dipping into the mind of Pakuun who routinely flew around the village at her request - he was her eyes and the job really made him feel useful so it worked for both involved. At this point in time though she was gathering her belongings into neat piles on her desk for the next days work before swinging her blue cloak around her shoulders and cinching it at the hollow of her throat. To this day she saw no reason to create traditional Kage robes as Sunagakure was anything but traditional - plus the cloak belonged to her mother, the owl markings being obvious enough to those who knew the story. The reason for her early departure from the day's duties was a special request from someone she had grown a strong yearning for - her son Souji. 

Ever since she had taken the mantle of Kazekage she had seen less and less of her family - and while she was home in the late evenings it was hard to have their schedules mesh. This was her attempt to start making more time for them, she even missed seeing Zaine as much as she was used to - perhaps Kenshin didn’t live in this tower by choice all the time.. Nevertheless, Souji had found a way to circumvent their differing schedules and put in a formal request to meet with her at the very restaurant that had started it all. As she left the office and locked it behind her she made sure to leave the window open for Pakuun to come and go as he pleased - and she left the spire with a bit of urgency in her step; she had been looking forward to this for days. Walking through the streets of the village was also a little strange now, so used to people not paying her much mind to now eyes following her and heartbeats spiking as she was noticed - some gave polite bows in her direction even; it was something she doubted she would get used to. Finally she rounded the last corner and found herself pulling open the door causing a familiar jingle of bells to sound her entrance. The chef turned to her, giving a fisting bow following a familial greeting - but it was all thrown to the wayside the moment his heartbeat reached her ears. 

Sat in the back corner with a window view was her son, he had grown so much in such a short time it pained her a bit to have missed so much. No longer was he small and malnourished as he was the last time he sat in these booths - instead he had grown into a striking young man, a sharper jawline, piercings that fit his face and clothes that tried to hide the obvious changes but only accentuated them. She stood just inside for a moment before a warm smile formed and she moved over to the table he had chosen she found her hand instantly sliding into his hair as she reached him - pushing back the longer hair on top to see the lilac eyes she had missed so dearly. “Look at you. Are you sure you’re the kid I picked up at the gates?”, she would say in a teasing manner before sliding into the seat across from him and picking up the menu that the server had swiftly set down on the table before scurrying away - being high status had some perks I guess. 

She held the menu with her right hand and pursued it with half interest, she was so used to this place and nothing seemed to have been added to the menu since the last time she visited. Her two toned eyes met his again over the table, the lavender nearly pushed to the edges by the crimson that was taking over the center. Squinting slightly she sized him up a bit, “How tall are you now? What has Zaine being doing to you?” The question was hardly accusatory but held more shock than anything; it had been too long. Taking another glance at the menu to shake off the shock she was pleasantly surprised to see the Chef had taken her request to heart and added a special menu item: Mao Xue Wang, Duck Blood Curd. With this readily available she was able to stave off the need to feed on her people… especially Zaine. Looking over she was about to call the server over but she was at their table before she was even able to voice it.  The girl asked for their order politely albeit nervously, giving several glances over at Souji with an obvious pink hue to her cheeks. Raising an eyebrow in an amused fashion Mizu placed her hands together on the table and ordered her main dish alongside a bowl of rice and some Mint tea, “The whole pot please if you would, it’s been a long week.” She would give a gentle smile to the girl, watching her nearly stumble over herself as she took Souji’s order - which of course knowing Souji he wouldn’t even be interested in a girl like this, poor thing had no chance with her son. 

The girl scurried off to get their order in the moment he was done ordering and she leaned in a bit to tease Souji, “You know, you’re going to give the girl a heart attack looking all stoic and mysterious like that. Give her a chance and show her how goofy you can be.” She wrinkled her nose at him a little to show she was joking, his ‘real’ side was only shown in the safety of their home and she knew it. “How have you been love? It’s been too long, we aren’t going to go that long without seeing each other again - I promise you that.” She made sure to meet his eyes as she made her promise, Souji knew a promise made by her was as binding as blood.

wc 1054

Gogyou Bushuugi likes this post

Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:18 pm
The clatter of the bell hung over the door would entice the teen from the view of the window. Lilac eyes dilated as his consciousness focused...space was on hold, as if a jutsu of great power was in effect. His heart would race excitedly upon seeing his Mizuki stand in the threshold of the restaurant. Calmly his eyes widen, his posture straighten and his mouth slightly opened at the sight. Her presence had a way of washing over him at a mere glance, days of struggles and insecurities that was place upon himself ebbed away as she moved closer. Her presence was the light to his obscurity. Immediately he took note of all that she don - from the cloak that shrouded her shoulders and back, clenched securely around her throat. The markings of feathered predators on its ebony fabric.  

Her smile would warm him from the distance that was closing. He blinked as if he was in a haze of his own emotions. Her hand would take to his hair, sliding through. A jolt of security, comfort and love filled him. The teen would release a smile, revealing his teeth and pronouncing his piercing under his lip. Those eyes of his would meet with her's, he would take immediate note of the difference in them, but it matter not to him to ask for his Mizuki was within breathing of him. Nothing matter at this point, not even the setting of their reunion, he was in a momentary pocket of time and space, this moment would forever be burned into his consciousness to be forever looked to for tender memories. Her words were like gentle waves at a shore on a cozy night...he missed it so much, so much that even he was surprised... at a moment of being at a lost for words he did not immediately respond - watching her sit and taking in this moment as if he wasn't sure of the next time that he could. How long has it been? How many seconds, minutes, hours and days had he counted of their absence of each other? Too long, that much was sure. He didn't even notice the server placing the menu and moving along with haste. He breathes, smirking to what he recalled her saying. "For the most part, I guess. But I have grown mentally, not by much, but enough to understand the world a little more... But look at you, you're...you're just as graceful as the day we first met, Mizuki-san." His tone, deeper, more mature - he was still getting use to it himself, but it was evidence of his words and her acknowledgement of his features.  

His eyes would stray from her's to her brows and subtle aspects... 'Apathetic? Nothing on that menu stands out to her?' Beginning to feel as though her should have selected a different place to meet, he didn't consider just how often she visited this place before his arrival to the village that he now claims as his home. Fractured from his self thought, he would notice that she was looking at him, only this time she had a look of askance. The Hyuuga would widen his eyes a tad before hearing her question, he couldn't help but to release a soft chuckle, thus his eyes would narrow and his expression sharpen with a bold air. Leaning in some over the table to speak directly to her. "So you've noticed? I'll have you know, I'm now five foot, SIX inches... that's a whole half a foot taller than you...shrimp. Haha." He smirked, sitting back, he would continue. "Zaine Sensei is actually treating me rather...well. It's odd, really. Never expected to learn so much from him, despite the incident with the training grounds... I sort of...kind of...destroyed a portion of it with a water technique.. Almost got into a serious throw down with this ruby furred ape. I ended up hurting his son, but I made up for it by healing him as best I could. Also I've been stopping by there everyday since then to plant new trees and even some vegetables. I sort of decided to look after it for them. Its the least that I could do." He elucidated. His eyes would then witness the subtle shift in her brows, she was surprised about something. This immediately made him feel better about his venue selection. Inquisitive, he picked up his menu to aim his eyes in finding what possibly could be on there that would be of interest to her. It was then that he noticed the label 'new' next to the very meal she was reading over. Glancing up at her it was beginning to make sense to him. Tilting his head to the left two inches he would lower his eyes and smile, bitter sweet memories of that day, that night...he bared witness to an act that he wasn't ready to learn, despite his capacity to shoulder. He remember her biting into Zaine's next, wiping blood from his wound. He would also remember the embrace that they both shared and how it made him feel to see them within their moment of voided time. Glancing over to the chef, he would return his lilac eyes to his menu.  

Mizuki would place her order and it was now his turn. He would nonchalantly scan over the menu, taking his left hand to brush his fingers through his hair as he decided on his choice of food. His lilac eyes would shift from the list to meet the eyes of the girl, intently yet lazily he focused them on her's. He could see the immediate fluster build up in her, yet he didn't care for it, closing his menu and sliding it over in her direction he would proceed. "I'll have the Inarizushi with a bowl of Tendon and a kettle of Ryokucha, thank you." He would then remember something, outstretching his left arm to grab her wrist. "Also, could you get my mother Koshu...like she said, it's been a long week." He added, releasing her wrist so that she may carry on...it would then dawn on him, he called Mizuki...Mother. His face would brighten as he would look to her for confirmation that it was alright for him to use that term.  

With that out of the way his mother would then attemtp to tease him, speaking of giving the girl a chance. Souji also leaned in a notch with a response. "If my appearance cause them to have heart attacks, than what good would a chance be? Sounds to me that you are wishing death upon that poor girl..." He would close his left eye, extend his tongue and scrunch his nose in response with a silly tease of his own. He smiles, laugh a bit and sits back. He missed this, he was long overdue for him, for them both. "I'm glad to hear that, I'll hold you to it. I've been fine, I suppose. I made a friend...Ogre-eh, Sebastian. Ogre is what I call him, because he's hard to look at, but he's not so bad... I've learned a bit about him, he has a good heart and he means well. I trust him with my back and that's saying a lot coming from me. I also...wouldn't want to see him hurting, or looked down upon, for some reason that would pass me off, a lot. I enjoy my training with Zaine Sensei, he helped me discover my fire affinity, but he made it very clear that I have a endless well of potential. Something about him...makes me feel at ease with him being your...mate. But, what about you? How have you been? You pace around a lot in your office, so that leads me to believe that you are sometimes feeling overwhelmed or having a blockage in thought-...." Abruptly cutting his words short, realizing that he may have just said too much to reveal that he have been keeping an eye on her from a distance. His lilac eyes would find her two toned eyes for her response. 

[WC: 1,365]
[Total WC: 2,105]
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24 am
Settling back into the booth she smirked as she watched her son match the boldened air of confidence she was known for displaying - a flash of Souji when they first met would come into her mind; downtrodden and nervous, unsure of himself and his words with momentary glimpses into the confidence she knew resided in him. Now to hear him speak it would seem as if he had never doubted himself a day in his life, even the way he spoke of Zaine was telling of the psychological growth he had undergone. Once upon a time her son was identified by his knack for managing to look so innocent while being so dubiously disrespectful that it shocked many people during their first meetings with him. The young man who sat before her now was unlike that child she had taken in at the gate all that time ago, now he expressed himself with increased ease - laughing and smiling in a subdued manner but that was far more than what he was able to express before. Upon hearing his new height and the accompanying nickname of ‘Shrimp’ she would raise her right eyebrow sharply and give him an amused look but did not correct him or interrupt him as he continued; a knowing smile would form on her lips upon hearing about his training with the apes. She had been privy to the training but hearing it from him only made the story more engaging for her - the tinge of pride she felt at hearing it from him that he had used the very same technique that she favored only made it better. 

Nodding she would give him an approving smile, “Very good, taking responsibility and showing empathy is a sign of a good leader and takes a great deal of self realization, I’m proud of your training achievements.” She watched as he began to put two and two together, his observation skills were also growing which was something she hoped she would instill in him over time - his simple head tilt and smile paired with the glance at the chef made it clear he noted what had peaked her interest before she ordered it. With a slight shake to her head she would watch Souji order, his unconscious habit of running his hand through his hair sending the girls’ heart into a frenzy - while his remained steady and unfazed. That was nothing compared to the stall in her heart when he grabbed her wrist as she turned - Mizu simply closed her eyes and pressed her lips together to keep herself from laughing out loud. She might have laughed had she not picked up on the heartwarming verbal slip that accompanied his request of the girl - the first time he had outwardly referred to her as his Mother. The immediate warming of his face was a clear sign he had realized the slip as well and when  his eyes met hers they were filled with love and approval - a smile so soft it could be seen as relief. It was confirmation the material love she had for him was felt and accepted. 

She would mirror his expression immediately after teasing him - closing her right eye, extending her tongue and scrunching her nose - falling into laughter alongside him. “Who’s to say I don’t wish entertainment, it would be a sight to witness a fainting from desperate desire.” Kazekage or not she was not going to be held back when enjoying time with her loved ones, and that included being a bit silly. She would raise an eyebrow in interest at the name Sebastian, a former missing nin turned shinobi that she used to run around with in her earlier days of Suna - seems the man had a draw to her family. Hearing his refer to Zaine as her mate made her scrunch her eyebrows together and close her eyes for a moment, letting out a short laugh before responding to him - “The way you define partners is so funny Souji, never change.” Tilting her head as if having an ‘ah-ha’ moment, “You take after a certain former Kazekage in that respect you know, he too watched me from a far. Don’t worry I figured you would since you used to do it even in our home - and yes I knew you did it.” 

The girl was returning with a large laden serving tray and a clear blush across her cheeks - laying out everything before them she would bow to the table and scurry away again. Continuing to speak as though there was no interruption she would pull the glass of Koshu to her nose to inhale the sweet alcohol, “Good choice, seems my son knows my taste.” Taking a deep drink she would half empty the glass before continuing - she always had a knack for putting alcohol away. “Stressed is an understatement my dear, there is a lot that goes into managing an entire village. Doubly so when that village is Suna, we are an unorthodox village so the added monitoring that the visiting nin requires adds its own special stress. Other than that I have been well, dealing with the consequences of the Summit that happened a few months ago - of which I still cannot disclose until everything is in order so don’t ask.” Draining the glass she set it gently at the end of the table and picked up her chopsticks to begin eating, the smell of the mint tea adding a sweet cleanliness that tried to overshadow the sharp metallic smell coming from her bowl. 

Though she had not aged visibly and would not age for decades to come, there was a distinct weight that now rested on her shoulders - the Summit had reaped an array of consequences - some of which broadened the world they would interact in and some that would be viewed in the future as unnecessary and hostile. These thoughts pressed down on her psyche as she was momentarily brought out of the moment with her son and into a far off plane of thought where these actions demanded her attention. She fell silent for a few moments as she ate - after a few bites her eyes would noticeably shift  from the dual tone to the brilliant violet color. Shaking her head as she realized the silence she would sigh deeply before placing a smile on her face and looking at her son again, “No matter, that is a thought for my pacing in my office.” She would smile at him wider now, to ensure that she was okay as she knew he would begin to worry. “What is important now though is that you are old enough to know a few important things about me, and more so you have earned my trust in knowing these things about me, very few do. To start, my last name, while legally it is listed as Ohta, my birth name is Kyuketsuki. The reason for this is due to my real clan having to hide their children in surrogate families - we were nearly wiped from existence…” 

She would pause to pour herself a cup of tea and listen for any heart beats in range - if she could hear them they might hear her - but only Souji’s beat clearly so she continued; intermittently sipping from her cup. “At one point my clan was feared for their inhuman nature and ultimately those who were tasked to protect them were turned into weapons and used against us by our enemies. I was placed in Hoshi to the Ohta family, I lived a wonderful life if I’m honest - loving parents, two younger siblings I adored, a promising career as a shinobi - I had it all, but … all things must come to an end. You see as children my clan shows no signs of their lineage, we age normally and live normally, but once we hit 12 our dormant bloodline activates. Since I wasn’t born to the Ohta family they didn’t know my real birthday and it just so happened that the day my beloved siblings convinced me to take them to the river just outside the walls, the one time I didn’t refuse, was the day my bloodline awakened.” As she sipped her tea a far away look of cold steel would begin to creep into her eyes - the eyes of someone lived with a regret so deep that it stained the soul. “You see my love, when people of my clan come of age they are normally surrounded by those of their kind and the danger is non-existent, but I wasn’t with my clan, I was alone with two helpless humans…” Her words would trail off for a moment as the memory she suppressed so heavily came to the surface, clearing her throat she would continue, “I had fallen asleep in the sun on one of the rocks a few meters from my siblings and in those moments my physiology shifted into something .. else. I woke up to the sound of an ear splitting scream and mind numbing drumming, only after the sound had completely stopped was I able to realize what had happened. In my awakening I had devoured both of my siblings, their bodies laid lifeless in front of me and I was covered in their blood. I left that night, after returning their cleaned bodies back to their parents - the look of utter horror and disgust on their faces was unlike anything I had ever seen before.” 

Scrunching up her eyebrows for a moment to re-center herself she would refill her cup - her body unnaturally rigid. “I lived on the streets until I was 19, making a name for myself in the world of murder - I never ate another living person again until I got to Suna and I had no choice but to confide in a few to help me sustain - If I am without blood in some form for too long at a time I will lose control. Always look at my eyes, the more crimson you see the closer I am to snapping -” Leaning in she would suddenly become intensely serious, “- if I am to ever lose control I will not know who you or anyone I love is, and I will kill to satiate the thirst. I tell you this because you have a right to know, living so close to me, you have a right to know exactly what the person you call Mother is. Remember.. That first day we met and I told you I understand your pain? You now understand mine.”

wc 1761

Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm
Pleased... that was the sense he felt from her approval of his association towards her, as well as her enjoyment of the drink he suggested. He took pride in understanding a tad bit more of her likings. As she spoke and drowned her glass he couldn't help but smile lightly, almost unintentionally. It was something about her and the way that she addressed things and placed them that made him feel...put together. This was in no way to associate that he took pleasure from her worries, in fact it had nothing to do with them. It was the fact that she was in his presence that made his heart smile. She was strong, quite strong and because of that he knew that she could handle the workload that was bestowed to her. "Don't worry, politics don't interest me. There are a great many layers that hides true intent that not even my eyes can penetrate. Everyone has their own motives, and in some cases they tend to make temporary pacts to bring them closer to achieving those motives. I have a hard time trusting people as it is, getting involved in something like that would only cause me a headache and possible what little of my sanity." He rolled his eyes in mere thought of that day ever being an option in his life.   

Not taking to his meal right away, he desired to observe his mother as she took to her's. Her bowl, in so many words, smelled of boiled blood. The scent was not neccessary offending to the Hyuuga, after all, most of his life he grew accustomed to smelling his own. As she ate, her eyes shifted again...that touch of crimson was eased, violet returned its hug to her pupils. 'It happened again, her eyes changed. The first time was with Zaine, and now...here. There is a distinct connection with blood that causes this for her. I can't pinpoint it, never heard, or seen anything quite like this before. ' He thought to himself, growing more curious of this matter.  

Realizing that she took notice of the silence that fell between them, he too was summoned from his inner thoughts by her words. "Yeah... that place seems to keep you busy. Too busy." He replied, a tinge of his bitterness of the matter escaped him. His attention was redirected as she spoke up on his earning of her trust, something that he completely did not realize he did. In fact, it never crossed his mind to earn his trust, he was honored to be in her presence, but knowing this only sparked his pride and interest. "Kyuketsuki...? I've never heard of such a clan. But, perhaps being nearly eradicated would result in why I've never did." He brought his left hand up to his chin, stroking it gently as he pondered.  

Noting hand moving to attemtp pouring herself a cup of tea, he would extend his left to impede her's in denial as he would pour her cup himself. Looking over to her he would wink with his left as he set the kettle down, sitting back in his seat. She spoke from her heart, she gave him much insight into her past. She painted a picture in his mental with her words. He did not interrupt her, he only listened. He felt as though he was understanding her a bit better. He analyzed her from head to toe, processing her facial expressions alongside her words. He could see the fear, sadness, anger, skepticism, he could even see the wall that she built to protect...not herself, but others from her. She leaned in, her tone grew stern, as if she knew this was the one sure way to ever grasp Souji's attention fully. His gaze honed in on her. "I remember... I remember that day quite clearly. Your eyes were nearly completely red, just as they were moments ago. But even then, I did not see a monster, I saw myself. Just like now, I still do not see that monster you refer to yourself as, instead I see someone that I love, my mother." His words carried a certain level degree of sterness, but also a gentle aftertaste of sweetness. His eyes did not see her as a creature, but as a mother. He held nothing but love for her. "I... I appreciate you for sharing that with me. It helps with my series of theories as to what I was expecting. I will say, it was nothing close to this... but, this is so much more bad ass than I could have ever thought. You're really something else, mom." He smiled. Finally he took up his utensils to take to his food.  

"I suppose I should share this with you, I'm sure that Zaine Sensei have already noticed." He looked into her eyes, almost hesitate for what he was about to say. "Remember when I spoke to you about my old man...well, there was a way that I got through all of that punishment. A way that I even forgot about myself until very recently. There is another side to me... a side that I somehow created to deal with the hardship and torture that was given to me. This other side is... numb, cold, calculative, rash and scares me. It reminds me of my father in so many ways... To make matter worst, it fights me for control at times. I can feel it at the back of my head stalking me for a chance to override me. It's exhausting to keep my fortitude up." He read her face for any signs at all about what he said. "What's more, whenever I use the shadow clone technique that Zaine Senei taught me, the other me always takes over one of my clones, but only if I use two of them... not really sure what would happen if I use just one. I can always dispell it, but... for some odd reason I feel like I'm being unfair to him. I feel like I'm trapping him, or locking him away as my father did to me." Silence fell over him, he did not know what more to add after saying what he did. His eyes fell over his food and he just sat there in his thinking. Almost vacant in his presence.

[WC: 1,062]
[Total WC: 3,167]
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:28 am
She had noticed he hadn’t taken to his food as soon as it had arrived, he more so noting that he was watching her as she took to her own meal - it was hard to maintain her act as though she wasn’t noticing him watching her intently. Watching as though he were a scientist and this was the moment his hypothesis was being tested; so he mustn’t miss a moment. There was a moment of realization that crossed her son's face, right as her eyes shifted back to the full violet color they were born to be - so he had figured out correlation after all. Smart and observant the realization would come sooner than later and with what she said after it wasn’t like she was really hiding anything.

The most surprising thing was that even after everything she had said, even after she told him in no uncertain way she had murdered children, loved ones at that - he viewed her as his mother, the one he loved. He had taken everything she said in stride as though it was all so inconsequential to him, that nothing could shake his resolve to love her… and perhaps nothing would. What really bothered her was actually how accepting of it all he was and even nonplussed? Her eyebrows would furrow in obvious confusion mixed with a tinge of anger now as it felt as though she finally opened up to someone else about her tragic past it was glossed over… labeled as bad ass and moved on from. Sitting back she pressed her back into the back of the chair as she stared at her adoptive son - was she expecting too much from him? Was she demanding an emotional connection that just wasn’t ready to be formed? As the moment passed the feelings of being glossed over sank into the back of her mind, to be dealt with at another point in time, but at this moment the mask was settling over her features. The imperceivable mask that made Mizuki the woman she is today - guarded. 

As he stared into her eyes she took note of a small shift in the look, like a gathering storm behind the usually kind gaze he provided to her, as though nothing had changed she listened with her usual intensity. The implications and meaning of his words hitting her as she tried to process their weight. She wasn’t completely shocked to be honest, she had always wondered when the real damage that resided within him would reveal itself, seems at this moment was chosen.

“So you created an alter ego to deal with the hell that was your life, don’t look so distraught about it. At least you didn’t murder the only family you knew and loved right? Look on the bright side Souji, if an alter ego is all you have to deal with then you have the easy problem. Nothing a little bit of therapy and guidance from loved ones won’t cure.” With a short laugh she would continue, her expression showing care and worry, but her eyes… were like ice. “Now when you hate the use of your Byakugan because every time you activate it, it reminds you of of the day you ripped the throats out of your younger siblings and lost the only home you ever had, while also instilling an inherent disgust about who you are… then we have a problem.”

As if the words she had spoken were nothing more than a friendly bit of advice she would reach out and tap his nose, the smile on her face indistinguishable from any other she had given him. “Speaking of problems, I have more than enough on my plate at the moment -” She would pull herself from her seat, while also reaching into her pocket and placing more than enough ryo on the table top to cover the bill. “Lovely lunch date Souji, we should do it again sometime. Keep up the hard work with Zaine, he does keep me updated and I expect you are doing your best. You know where to find me if you need me.” With a fleeting smile she would give him a gentle way before turning and exiting the restaurant, already out of sight before the door shut behind her… and as she walked all she felt was overlooked. The first time she ever spoke about that day and this is how it went.. What was she expecting anyways? Mizuki Ohta was meant to be an unknown and that she will stay.

WC 758

[EXIT]
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:07 pm
There it was again... that 'feeling' that he could not quite understand. He felt a subtle quiver, only...only that it was coming from directly before him. The sensation was more than that, it twisted in an awkward manner, he could feel it in his very gut. Carrying a form of counterbalance that almost felt like...aggravation with a bitter taste of disappointment. His eyes would narrow, brows furrow as he looked at his mother. His mind was heavily clouded as he was not quite sure of what he was experiencing, not yet anyway. It would be hard to ignore that both of these shinobi were calculative, one more so than the other, experience favoring Mizuki. She was gifted in her ability to veil her emotions, even when her eyes spoke something else. But this time, he could not see beyond that, but...he could feel something that he usually relied on his eyes for. Without doubt, she would be more than receptive to the nature of this odd sixth sense of his, being as it was a second nature to her own style. Overall, she would see through him as if he was behind glass doors, his emotions not at it's best of concealment. Perplexed was his expression, for he immediately felt as if he was wrong...ignorant, naivete at its best.  

Her words would only press further on the pedal that fueled his suspicion. 'At least I didn't murder the only family I knew and loved...? What was that abou- ...Oh... I get it now.' It was as if he was struck by a sudden recollection of his own poor display of heart, something that no doubt, Mizuki was aiming for, was entitled to after so many months of contemplating with herself to let him in to this point. His eyes would lower, shifting to the right as they did, like that of a puppy when they were aware of their mistake. It wasn't until she made mention of the Byakugan that his eyes shifted back to her's. He knew then that what he said and how he went about her past was taken personally, painfully...and he felt horrible. Warped into his own world where he would desensitize anything else around him... a flaw that he was still battling against.  

Her words held a point finer than any kunai he has ever held. More accurate than any pen he stroked with. More vivid than his eyes could ever see. Held more heart than he could ever posses. He didn't need to observe her closely to realize the emotion behind her eyes, her flesh... he felt them with her words... it didn't matter if she tried to disguise it with maternal play. She had a point...one that she may not have realized that she made to him that would alter the course of his very life...and her own. 'That's just it... I do hate these eyes of mine...more than you can ever know, mother.' His thoughts wailed.  

There was another flux sensation that came from her, she then gave an excuse to him about her plate being full. Quite dismissive, but... he deserved it. Again his eyes fell to the table, almost ashamed to look her her the eyes. The words that followed would fall on deaf ears. He was self chastising himself for his prior actions.  

As Mizuki would turn to exit, a feeling of warmth would embrace her hand. Accompanying that warmth the familiar rhythmic beating of Souji's heart would reach her ears. When she turns to face him she should be met with lilac eyes that would gaze back at her. They would almost waver before her eyes. "That...that was rather insensitive of me... actually, I feel like an ass. You've entrusted me with something that you held onto for so long and all I said was 'badass'... I'm such an idiot. Not even sure why I said that, but... but that's not what I meant. Here, come with me."  

The Hyuuga would lead his mother out of the restaurant as he would guide her along a more open path. Aiming to take a walk with her where the two could be more alone as they exchanged their words. With her to his right, Souji would look over to her...taking in her expression and recollect all that she poured before him in that establishment. He took a moment before bringing his lips to speak. "You said... that you devoured your siblings when you came of age for your clan's awakening. You then left after being viewed differently by their parents. Then you lived as a murderer just to get by, thus establishing a name..." He paused.  

The events of her past was no different from what he experienced, aside from the lost of siblings... he left the village of the leaf because he no longer desired to go along with ifs lies and forced 'reality' he no longer desired to be the object of his father's anger and disappoint. In truth, he too could have possibly walked down the same path as her, a life of murder, perhaps thievery? There was no telling, his heart and his will to go on was all distorted. That was until he met her, or rather, she shined a light within his void of darkness...granting him hope...another option...another path. "I cannot say that I understand what you must have felt back then, but if I'm to take a guess... something worst then fear...you felt alone...I understand that pain all too well." His eyes would stray to the lower left. "Twelve years of age, younger than I am now, and you were left out in a world all on your own, alone doing what you can and had to, to survive." The sound of droplets hitting the ground would come from his person. His eyes flooded with tears as they ran down his frame collecting at his chin only to depart.  

"So, why are you....why are you even doing what you're doing now?! Why are you leading the village, helping people, trying to do good for a world that will only view you as a monster? I don't get it, I just don't understand?! Why take in someone like me? A weapon, good for only causing pain...I'm no better than you, no better than shinobi that are groomed to take the next person's life! If things were different we could have been enemies... You would have to kill me, I would have to kill you..." His voice cracking as his tears continued its flowing. He needed to understand. This world that they both lived in was full of twists and turns, secrets behind secrets. It was...it was just too much for him to mentally handle.   

"I will not lie to you... the thought of you becoming a monster terrifies me..." Lilac eyes turning to meet her's, subconsciously shifting to an pearlescent glaze as the temples bulge with the flow if his chakra running through his optic nerves. His emotions were getting the better of him. "But not for the reasons you may think. To be faced with a choice to either run away and allow you to harm those that you care about and be viewed as something that you are clearly not, that would crush me and send me down a dark path in respect. Or, to stand my ground and have to face you at the risk of you killing me, or...or I you... neither of us would be the same afterwards." His words trailed off lightly. His locked the bottom of his lips as they grew dry and his eyes continued their flooding and rain. Such a thought, left him in a pause, his fist clenched and his teeth grind, flexing his jawline in the process. His eyes dart from left to right, as if he was looking through pages for an alternative.  

Brows would rise as did his eyes. He tried his best to collect himself, emotionally and mentally. He sniffles as he wiped away his tears, only not realizing that his Byakugan was active, which revealed little concern to him, but reminded him he still had some growing to do. His hand reached out to take his mother's, applying a wavering grip. "I'll stop you... I'll find a way. I'm not stronger than you, or faster than you, but I will find a way to passively stop you should that ever happen. You are all that I have, and I will not leave you to the whim of another. I will not allow anyone to harm you, sane or out of control. Do you understand me, mother? You are the light that cast aside my demons. You are my last chance at humanity. If...if I lose you... I'm afraid what would come of this world in my pain...my rage..." His tone, held a sliver of resolve, enough to feed a demon to mold him in darker direction should they use the right words. His gaze...oh, his gaze held something more...the love of a son for his mother without a trace of question.

[WC: 1,537]
[Total WC: 4,704]
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:15 pm
As her hand was captured her spine would stiffen and her eyes would glance back as far as they could without turning her head completely to view him - as it was Souji of course, apologetic and in an attempt to rectify the damage he was unknowingly inflicted. She could see the waiver in his eyes from the side of her own glance, she wasn’t fond of wallowing apologies so her eyes would snap forward again and give a simple answer, “You’re a child, I don’t know what else I expected from you.” As soon as the words left her lips she was being dragged out of the restaurant, told to follow her adoptive son, for a moment she wanted to refuse him but a weakness to a select few had developed over the past year… and he was one. With her chin held up in a dignified manner she followed after him even as his hand slipped from hers. The road he led them down was thinning as it opened up, paces or so more and it seemed as though only the pair remained on the walking path that led away from the thick of the city and off into the groves’ many winding nature trails. Her expression was not as cold as before, the immediate apology having done a good deal of damage control, yet the mask had remained on her porcelain face. 

He was recounting and summarizing what she had said, aptly this time and giving proper respect to the severity of it - she gave a curt nod to her left as they walked, her hands now clasped behind her back in a regal manner. “This is true, The Porcelain Doll was a common name that those who used to employ me would come to call me, but I never willingly identified by it.” The surge of memories as he continued to wonder aloud at her history brought a new expression to her mask - bitter contempt - not directed at him but internally at herself. She had been raised for 12 years to be a good person, a loyal, loving member of a family and society - and her own hidden nature had stolen it from her… what other option had she really had at such an age.. It was only a matter of time before those people had called the authorities on her that day she had to disappear, she had to. 

A spike of his heartbeat brought her out of her loathing, looking to her left she caught the glint of tears falling from his jawline, yet he pushed through the tears to continue his words. Closing her eyes she would hear him, hear the desperation in his voice as he tried to understand one of her most difficult decisions. Reaching out she would grip his hand and lead him gently over to one of the benches on the side of the path - sat under one of the many Japanese evergreen oaks, now in full red with only patches of green left. Gently pushing him down to a sitting position she would kneel in front of him, his hands in hers. “Why am I like this? All I wanted was for someone like me to take me away from the life that I reluctantly lived. I never wanted to be a contract killer, working for the scourge of the earth who refused to get their own hands dirty, but I did it to get the skills I knew I would need, especially when I couldn’t learn them in a formal setting of a village anymore. Hearing of Kenshin was a big deal for me, it gave me the opportunity to take my fate in my own hands and create a slice of the world where someone like me could thrive, a place where people got second chances that the rest of the world would bar us from having… redemption and acceptance are far more powerful tools of change than violence and punishment.” Taking him into her arms she would hold him, gently stroking his back before whispering another secret into his ear, “I never killed a child again and I never will. I will stop one who is out to kill me but I will do everything I can do to force them into submission first… it is my true weakness.” 

Pulling away she would carefully wipe his tears from his cheeks, the veins bulging under her fingertips as she stared into those pearlescent eyes. “You should be afraid ,Souji, there is nothing wrong with admitting fear. The day you begin to lie to yourself and claim fearlessness is the day fear has won over your heart - and nothing will save you from that.” Giving his shoulders a soft shake, her tone hardened a bit, “Be afraid and use that fear as a guide, use that fear as an anchor, use it to best every opponent you face because fear is the universes’ way of forcing you to adapt… especially in a fight. Where fear freezes others let it boil your blood and quicken your mind - it will teach you things that a Master can only pray to know.” His physical reaction to his own acknowledgement of his fear was obvious - clenched fists, darting eyes for an exit, flexing jaw line as a sign of irritation and anxiety. She had things to teach him still and control was always one of them but it seemed she had been lacking far worse than she had thought. 

As he began to calm, wiping the remaining tears from his cheeks and evening his breathing to a slower pace, but the Byakugan held fast - like a security network for him to view the world through during an emotional storm - people reduced to chakra networks and everything… simplified. He gripped her hand and she returned the grip with true motherly love - the mask was gone again and only Mizuki stared at her son now; not adoptive but, her son. “I know you will love, I know you will. I will never allow myself to get close enough to become a danger to those I love ever again… and ‘those I love’ have very recently increased to a very high number. But you..” She would grip his chin with tender fingers, “You will never see me lose control I promise you. You may see a rage unbridled one day if our home were ever to be attacked, but you will be standing *with* me in battle, not against me. Come now.” Rubbing her thumb along his cheek she would stand, releasing his face as she did. “I’m sorry for getting so cold with you earlier, I too have things to work on but there is nothing wrong with that now is there?” Linking her arm through his she would pull him up to standing and lead the two along the pathway still - now holding onto his right arm and leaning into his much taller frame as they walked.

“Tell me something Souji, if there was something I can do, to improve our relationship, what would it be? Truly anything you can think of, and if you ever wish to hone some of your skills you could always ask as well; I’m sure Zaine is doing fabulously but it’s always fun to have variety.”

WC 1219

Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:16 pm
"This is true, The Porcelain Doll was a common name that those who used to employ me would come to call me..." That sentence reached his ears. Souji looked at his mother - paused as his thoughts lingered on what was said. Perhaps it was before his time, or when he was younger, but the name was foreign to him... Be that as it may, it carried a weight with it, something just as potent as the woman standing before him. In the realm of shinobi, some ninja are self proclaimed when it came to their nicknames - but in rare, yet infamous occasions, unique shinobi are given their legacy. Mizuki was one of them, she was proficient in her task, punctual and dedicated to see them through. He lack of expression in the face of her employer and targets birth her the alias of The Porcelain Doll. Souji couldn't lie, he understood the name - with it being his first time hearing it. His mother had such a control over herself that he expression became blurred, unreadable to him. Especially when she was stern with him, or disappointed.

The warmth of her hand met with his own. Something so innocent washed him of his prior thoughts, his eyes fixed on her's as she lead him to a bench just under the Japanese oak. Her touch guided him to sit, as he did so without resist. Seeing her kneel before him, Souji raised both of his brows as he gauged her. Her voice, her expression, her eyes and even her body language spoke to him. She was sincere in her answer, she was much like himself - desperately wanting...hoping for someone to save her from the life that she truly was against. She was so young and alone... the things that she might have seen... might have done could only be left to his young imagination. She was strong, in more ways than one, Souji saw that now... he had a degree of understanding of her strength, but this was something more, his prior comprehension was merely scratching the surface and he quickly realized that much. There was a name that stood out to him "Kenshin...? I've never heard of him, he must have been a good person to give you the strength that you needed to make that change." He paused, reflecting on what she said. "Redemption and acceptance...? I suppose you're right. People are more accepting of those than the latter of which you said." His eyes fell to the ground, deep in his thought, deep in his learning.  

The boy's face would brighten with red, the hairs on the back of his neck would stand and the scent of something far more pleasant than anything that he had ever caught filled his nostrils. Warmth crawled over his body - a steady glide over his back would sooth his tension, relaxing him to a degree at which he nearly melted in her embrace. His head rested against her chin, something about this moment instinctively made him snuggle his face between her neck and collar bone. Instantly he was free of all concerns...all cares. It was just them... Mizuki and Souji, nothing else existed in that moment...that momentary lapse in time - his arms wrapped around her, returning the embrace. His right over his left, she would feel that his arms for a moment trembled as this was a new exchange for him as if the little boy in him longed for something as sweet and gentle as this hug. He did not want to let her go, he did not want to let this moment go. The darkness that was in his heart was pierced by a glint of light that gradually shined brighter. His breathing was steadying and if one was to think too quickly they would believe that he was on the verge of falling asleep, he was that comfortable - that relaxed. This meant more to him than she could ever realized, but little did he know, this could also meant more to her. His voiced entered his ear, she made it clear to him that she never harmed another child, it was clearly something that haunted her, something she carried in her heart for so many years. He could feel it in her tone, the pulsing of her veins in her neck along his face indicated that to be the truth. "I think I understand now... it's ironic, really. I was raised to be a weapon, one to take on any challenge that is placed before me. To rule over my emotions to best fit my situation to gain the advantage over my opponent. In so many words, I could have been sent...sent to do you harm if things were differently. And I probably would have too, to please my father and the clan. Despite the connection I know I would have felt... just like tge first day we met...something about you completes me." His words trailed off.  

A few moments lingered before she pulled away, wiping his tears and him realizing again that his Byakugan was active. The pearlescent eyes would ebb until the lilac iris and black pupils resurrect in its stead. She moved to inform him that his fear of what could happen was not ill placed, he knew that, he'd be a fool not to. "I know... I know, fear is not evil, it only allows us to learn our own weaknesses. When we... when we can learn our own weakness, people can grown stronger and...kinder-" His eyes cut to her's...no he truly understood her, her story and her past. He reason for speaking on this fear in the first place. She was afraid to hurt him... someone that she loved, someone that depended on her. Souji's existence have in some form or another given her purpose to start over again. He was her weakness. His focus was shaky at this point, his eyes couldn't focus on one single eye, steadily shifting from the left to the right of them. "It would be nice to live in a kind world. Without any fear. Without any sort of trouble. Without hurting anybody, or ever being hurt. A world where you only do the right thing. I'd like to reach that kind of world, on the shortest route possible. But I'm more than aware of how much effort is required for that...and I'm willing to roll up my sleeves to contribute towards it."  

Her hand, gripped within his at this point, their exchange seemed to void everything around them. She spoke to him in a way that she knew only he would listen attentively to. Her hand slipped from his and gripped his chin, his eyes fell to that hand, immediately returning to her eyes. Her way with words were fitting for a leader if a village...more so for a mother. She managed to calm and fuel him with hope for their future with just her words alone. The stroking of his chin with her thumb made him smile, revealing those purely whites of his, closing his eyes as he genuinely smiled at her with his entire heart. "There will never come a day that I will stand against you on the battlefield, Mother. I am your blade and your shield. I am your eyes and your ears. I will protection your flank and helm. That much I can promise you....just try not to get too angry...still getting use to seeing that from such a short person, hahaha." He laughed as he stood with her as she linked her arm into his. As they walked, she asked him a question, something she he was not expecting. Glancing over to her she took a moment to let the though set in. A smile surfaced as he knew exactly what he could have her do for him. "That's something of a silly question. You should already know the answer to. I wish to be the best of tge best...that's in everything that I do... and I mean everything. Yes, Zaine Sensei is doing great, but...he cannot teach me what you can teach me. I want you become stronger... and I feel that you can help me with something in particular... I've been having these...'feelings' that I cannot quite explain. For example, you standing near me...I can feel you without your touching me. And if I focus I cab feel beyond that...almost up to 10 meters, but I feel like it can go further in time. You seem to always know where I am and when I'm coming. Something tells me you can help me with this...and seeing as the Chuunin exams are coming up...I'd like to have an edge. A little secret training wouldn't hurt Zaine Sensei." His devious nature was showing as he smiled almost as if he had a master plan with the help of his equally, or even more so devious mother. Walking off into the distance. 

Exit
[WC: 1,502]
[Total WC: 6,206]

Reallocating 24 stat points. That’s 4,800 word worth of shifting. 
Speed: 99 -> 75
Strength: 1 -> 10
Vigor: 75 -> 90

Tenketsu Burst V7 [554/2250] - [2250/2250]
Great Fire Annihilation - 1812
Rasengan - 1812
Rain Tiger at Will - [886/1812]

Last edited by Souji on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Mizuki Ohta likes this post

Ichigo Sato
Ichigo Sato
Raikage
Raikage
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Kanjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 230150

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:19 am
Approved of claims and edits
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum