Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Surviving the Apparition of MalevolencyToday at 4:36 amKaiya UchihaWhere the men shall gatherToday at 12:55 amAkaime ChinoikeTea Shop on the Corner Pt1Today at 12:45 amJoro ShokkuMapping the VillageYesterday at 11:44 pmJoro ShokkuIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 9:41 pmAkaime ChinoikeA Tale of Tribulations and MysteryYesterday at 8:25 pmAkaime ChinoikeLate Night OutYesterday at 7:19 pmAzuki ShinodaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:45 pmMizaki HyuugaMissing People in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:01 pmMizaki HyuugaA meet in HoshiYesterday at 1:48 pmMizaki Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
238 Posts - 43%
76 Posts - 14%
65 Posts - 12%
40 Posts - 7%
33 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 5%
24 Posts - 4%
17 Posts - 3%
17 Posts - 3%
16 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yosei Hisori
Yosei Hisori
Citizen
Stat Page : Dramatis Personae
Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : N/A
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 3900

Wipe Away the Debt Empty Wipe Away the Debt

Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:29 pm
Death and Taxes

Mission Details:

This job had lasted three days already and Yosei’s patience hardly accounted for the first hour of it. Being sent from one dilapidated home to another under-funded community center to speak to families, groups and businesses about shortages on their taxes was not what he had in mind when he became a shinobi. Of course, someone had to do the grunt work. The fact was that people these days didn’t feel that Xyxer’s tyrannical reign would ever be replaced with something that could enforce laws with equal strength. They’d barely been making ends meet under the previous Mizukage’s unforgiving administration and now that they had an opportunity to skimp on what they owe, they were taking it. 

What was worse than the endless bickering with shop-owners and the tiresome ledger balancing and record-finding was the fact that Yosei’s heart wasn’t remotely in it. This was partly, perhaps mostly, due to the fact that his own family were among the people affected. The Hisori Theatre of Traditional Noh was not among the most successful businesses in Kirigakure, and if not for the efforts of his accountant cousin it probably would have gone under years ago. His mother and father were artists, and not as adept at book-keeping as you generally need to be to avoid going bankrupt when you barely make a profit. Municipal funding for the arts really wasn’t anything to write home about here in the Island Country, and none of the officials, nor the Mizukage seemed to prioritize changing that. Not that Yosei could blame them, there were more important things at stake. 

Sitting in the library, he continued to stare down at the ledger he was cross-examining with the list he’d been given of tax-dodging citizens. Just a few names down on the column he had been working through was his family. If he didn’t meet the required quota amount for returned funds by the time he got to them, he would be bound by duty to show up to his parents home and press them for money. He would do just about anything to avoid that. 

The tiny words on the pages started to blend into one another as his headache worsened. This seemed impossible, he’d never ring enough Ryo out of a couple of fishmongers to avoid the unthinkable. 

Fishmongers? That was it! Either his migraine was beginning to make him lose all reason or that word had just given him an idea. All this time he had been hunting for little fish, when he should have focused on just catching a whale. He flipped through the ledger, looking for larger amounts of avoided taxes. 

There. A wealthy power couple, the Kikudo family, had been filing false exemption claims for years, even during Xyxer’s era. Now, they had stopped paying taxes altogether despite being big industry magnates. If Yosei could squeeze even half of what they owe out of them, he would have filled his quota and he could put this mission behind him at last. 

Momochi was also working on this mission. If he could find her, they could probably work out some kind of good cop/bad cop tactic to use on these people and put their hoarded wealth to good use.

[WC: 539]
Momochi Yamanaka
Citizen
Stat Page : heck
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 42400

Wipe Away the Debt Empty Re: Wipe Away the Debt

Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:04 am
Momochi approached the library with a confident stride- at this point, she liked to think she knew the person inside fairly well. With a quick flash of her Mind's Eye, she managed to locate him pretty summarily. She was wearing a run of the mill Kirigakure uniform- not particularly fashionable, but it was recognizable enough to make people and businesses shirking on their taxes think twice. A long, striped gray turtleneck, black pants, black sandals. Headband insignia around neck, ANBU inspired arm guards wrapped up to her wrist. Countless hidden pockets and seams held a plethora of assorted small weaponry. She pushed her way through the heavy doors and into the main foyer, ambling over to where her two time mission partner was eyeing a ledger. The Yamanaka made no attempt to hide or disguise her presence. "Ah, you got the bitchy ones?" she spoke up apropos of nothing. She scratched a cheek as if she didn't have a care in the world. "I think they assigned me some of the sketchier areas and businesses myself. Strangely enough, they get pretty quiet when I open my mouth. Can't imagine why..." A soft release of air from the nostrils. After a moment, she looked down at the ledger Yosei was poring over.

"Hm? Whatcha got there?" She leaned over a bit, pupilless eyes narrowed slightly as she scanned the names. "Oh, thinking of going after some of the bigger names?" It wasn't a horrible idea, but the reason most people on that list were able to get away with so much was because they could usually back up and defend their gains. She'd hesitate to go after them alone, but... A quick, appraising eye at the shinobi across from her. With his genjutsu and her general propensity for blanket ruination, they DID cover quite a few bases. "I'm up for it if you are," she admitted bluntly. Might as well knock out both of their quotas at once. After a moment, she stood back up to her full height- something that wasn't that impressive. Momochi stretched, mentally preparing herself for whatever Yosei wanted to do next as her spine popped audibly. Most of those names mentioned were in the industrial district, which might require a ferry ride if they wanted to be quick about it. She... also supposed she could hoist her partner on her back and just run the whole way, but something told her that he wouldn't appreciate that. The Yamanaka brought up a shortly filed nail to scratch at her nose. She didn't bring her halberd today, but she did have enough kunai, senbon, and shuriken to supply a small militia. Hopefully that coupled with her obvious clan heritage would be enough to prevent some problems later down the road... Even if the Yamanaka were primarily a civilian clan at this point. Though, realistically, most of the families had to have known at this point that threatening ninja on active duty was a death sentence. No, they'd be more subtle. She had to prepare for everything.

[WC: 508]
[Total WC: 508]
Yosei Hisori
Yosei Hisori
Citizen
Stat Page : Dramatis Personae
Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : N/A
Ryo : 3900

Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:36 pm
Yosei smiled, shaking his head slightly. You could always count on Momochi to show up in the nick of time, and she was already on board with his plan. If any of their superiors knew what they were doing they would probably try to deter them. After all, there was a reason that the big fish's names weren't on the list they were given. No doubt their money lined the pockets of all kinds of officials, even Daimyos. Pissing them off could make things difficult, but if they managed to intimidate or charm them enough to get what they needed without them making a stink then no one would have to know. 

He looked Yamanaka up and down. She was a good bit faster than him and a lot stronger, so the fastest way might actually be a piggy-back ride... But no, that wouldn't be appropriate to ask. She could get the wrong idea. 

"Well, I think it's a nice day to take the ferry, don't you?" Yosei asked cheerfully. He was glad that it was Yamanaka of all people assigned to this mission the same day as him. They'd begun to build something of a rapport, and that would be needed if they were going to pull this off. His mind was already constructing a plan that was just convoluted enough for his taste. 

They made it just in time for the afternoon ferry headed to the island of the industrial district. Sitting at the bow of the ship on the top deck, they could take in one of the rare and beautiful sights of their country. If you took the right route and the weather was fair as it happened to be then, you could see the sun shining through the storm veil, it's rays refracted and broken by the wall of precipitation quite beautifully, casting rainbows at a variety of angles. It was almost like being inside a snowglobe. As he enjoyed the natural phenomenon, Yosei decided now was a good time to elucidate his plan so far. 

"I think it will be best if I go first, and you follow up. I'll go in the guise of an emissary from the Mizukage's office and soften them up for you. Then you come in as bad cop and get as much as you can out of them. Remember, we only need 50% of their outstanding debt to fulfill our mission."

The trip from the ferry to the home wasn't long, and the house wasn't hard to find as it was ostentatiously oversized and featured a lawn so overdecorated that tacky would be an understated. Angelic sculptures adorned fountains, fussy lettering covered the front gates, and frankly over-the-top topiary in the shapes of dragons and lions dotted the lawned. 

"Remember when I asked you before about the definition of beauty? I think my answer is 'The opposite of this monstrosity'. It's reassuring to know at least that wealth can't buy you taste. 5 Ryo says the interior design is worse." Overcoming his physical repulsion, Yosei transformed himself into a nervous looking, prissy bureaucrat with one of their silly hats and robes with long sleeves. 

"How do I look? Once I've softened them up for you, I'll come out and tag you in." 

With that, he set off up to the front door and knocked. Moments later, an attendant answered and he introduced himself as an emissary of the Mizukage's office. The servant nodded humbly and went off to announce his presence, leading Yosei into a living room. Well, his 5 ryo would be safe if Momochi decided to take the bet. Garish pastel colours popped out of every possible surface and heavy floral patterns covered the walls, upholstery, cushions, seemingly everything. Ornate vases lined the mantelpiece, illuminated by light filtered through a ridiculous crystal chandelier. Yosei felt his motivation renewed, not only because any one of these preposterously hideous pieces could probably pay his family's rent for a month, but also because taking some of these people's money away could only improve their decor. At the very least it might stop them adding to it, there were one or two spots where another frilly, laced pillow might be crammed in. 

"Good day to you sir," Came a commanding female voice. As the door opened, Yosei surreptitiously dropped a smoke bomb and let it roll under the couch. In a few seconds it would go off, so he would have to be quick with his jutsu. 

A woman entered in a gold kimono, her hair pulled back into a tight bun with an expensive looking hair pin sitting atop it like a crown. She was tall and thin, with cheekbones sharp as kunai and a piercing gaze to match. Following her was her husband, a portly man with good posture dressed in a dark grey kimono. 

"We weren't expecting to deal with any business today." She said shortly.

"Lady Kikudo. Lord Kikudo. I serve at your pleasure. I am surprised you weren't expecting anyone, as we do not have much time before the collector arrives."

"Collector?" Barked Lord Kikudo in a shrill voice. "What's all this nonsense?"

"My lord, you have taken me off guard. It is in regard of course to the rather strict new policies being inacted upon those who have committed... indiscretions. I apologize, I mispoke, those who may have suffered from incompetent financial advisors and accidentally made mistakes in their filing claims as a result. The Mizukage is now insisting that these unfortunate gaps are summarily filled, to quell any speculation around inequality in Kirigakure."

The couple looked at each other incredulously.

"Preposterous," Lady Kikudo sniffed. "I haven't heard anything about this!"

The smoke bomb popped under the couch, and if Yosei hadn't timed his hand-signs beneath his sleeves right the room would have filled with a thick, noxious smoke. Instead, his recently-mastered False Surroundings technique converted the smoke into a component of the jutsu, rendering it transparent and subtly altering minor details around the room. Yosei simultaneously bowed and produced a blank piece of paper from his sleeves, which was altered to appear as an official deposition form from the Mizukage's Office.

"Deepest apologies, the situation is rather severe. I'm surprised you didn't hear about the seizures that occurred with the Gonbo family's properties, or even the Tetsumaro's. It did feature on page ten of todays paper, I believe."

Lord Kikudo fumbled as he found the page in the newspaper that had been lying on the coffee table. Of course, it was altered by the technique as well. He showed it to his wife and they both shared a worried look. 

"But this is an outrage," She said, less certain now than before. "The Mizukage can't do this to us, with our connections we'll-"

"Of course, my lady, that is why I am here. You have many powerful individuals invested in your wellbeing, none of whom are going to leave you out in the cold. Why, if only the Tetsumaro family had been as prudent and wise as you."

The flattery seemed to go some way to calming them.

"I already had some of the arrangements changed," Yosei said assuringly. "The individual sent to correct the owed amount seemed a little excessive to me, so I had them swapped out with a young Kunoichi from the Genin Corps. She is only moments away, so we must be quick. If you follow the appropriate steps in the negotiation I'm positive that you won't end up with a day of jail time."

"Jail time?" Lady Kikudo exclaimed, snapping open a fan to punctuate her remark and cool herself. 

"As I was saying, they are looking to make examples here to soothe the masses into believing that the rich aren't having an easier time of it economically these days. In your case, however, invested parties have ensured that as long as payments made are punctual and generous, we can avoid such a grisly eventuality."

"You can't reasonably expect us to pay in full - Servant, fetch me my books will you, I need to look them over." Lord Kikudo was red in the face now, rapidly considering options. "As I say, you can't expect us to pay the full amount today!"

"Of course, my lord, I understand that. Ah - however, things will go a lot more smoothly if they are. I am confident however, given your sparkling record, that you will be permitted to pay no more than say 75% of what you owe - that amount totalling, I believe in some 200,000 Ryo - and once the Genin's papers are signed all will be forgotten and you will once again enjoy your tax immunities."

The servant rushed in with a pile of ledgers, the Kikudo's financial records. 

"See here now, see here," Lord Kikudo said, flipping through pages. "All is absolutely in order! Our tax breaks listed here, our exemptions -"

"Ah, this is worse than I feared," Yosei remarked in mock concern as he rapidly altered the numbers on the pages with False Surroundings. "Is this chartiable expenditure listed not falling short of the returns you claimed for it? And here, these military donations - they don't line up with the exemptions you filed."

Lord Kikudo's face turned white. His wife had been fanning herself rapidly enough that the fan surely seemed ready to ignite from friction, yet she snapped it shut and in one fluid motion smacked Kikudo's ear. 

"Daisuke, you fool, I told you they would notice!"

"No, I was never so blatant with it, I promise!"

Ah good, Yosei thought to himself. He wouldn't have to fake it all because naturally, they had been cheating their taxes for years in addition to skipping out on them entirely the last few months. 

"Please, calm yourselves, honourable lords," He said humbly. "The new Mizukage merely wishes to send a message that this administration cannot be disrespected or ignored. This will pass rather quickly. It will be best if you do not dispute the Genin's demands, as she is only the first wave. The less resistance you put up, the less likely it is that they will go digging into your records and find these... ah, unfortunate errors." 

They looked at each other, rapidly trying to come up with a solution. 

"I take my leave of you now, as it would not do you any favours to be seen with an advisor such as me right before your assessment."

With that, Yosei made his way out as quickly as he could, guided by the attendant. Unable to help himself, he plucked a small golden clock off of a table in the hallway, instantly replacing it with an illusory duplicate. They wouldn't notice until long after the jutsu faded, surely, and in any case it was such a shame for the one tasteful addition to the decor to be left in such sorry surroundings. 

He found Momochi again outside and returned to his usual form.

"I scared the pants off them and told them 75% was a softball they should take. So go nuts really, have fun with it, they might even sign off for their full debt." He winked and elucidated the rest of the details of what happened in there, in case Momochi needed to know anything else for her part of the plan.

WC: 1886
TWC: 2425

[Exit.]

[Claims: 
2425 words x 2 (event) = 4850 words
2000 Ryo x 2 (event) = 4000 ryo

Claiming 42 stats, bringing me to max
+17 Chakra
+15 Speed
+10 Strength 

Claiming Chakra Sensory
Claiming Chakra Suppression.]
Momochi Yamanaka
Citizen
Stat Page : heck
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 42400

Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:21 pm
Momochi strained her ears to eavesdrop on the conversation that Yosei had no doubt taken the reins of. She wasn't a particularly established sensor type yet, and as such could only make out the barest traces of dialogue- a raised voice there, a shrill response here. After a few minutes of patiently waiting outside and making sure that nobody could see, she ended up casting a simple bare bones transformation on herself. Nothing major changed, but her features became gruffer and her scars much more pronounced. She wasn't sure if it was the type of thing the 'honorable' lords Kikudo would take notice of, but if she could perhaps back up her modified appearance with some body language and dialect... By the time her mission partner had exited the facility, she spotted something vanish up his sleeve. Amusement bubbled in her gut- she wouldn't tell, and if the family didn't miss whatever was taken they probably had too much to begin with. Yosei explained what he had done and she stifled a giggle. Though she was technically an interrogator and a Yamanaka at that, she wasn't too good at controlling the flow of conversation. Nah, she was more of a hands on type of person for better or for worse. "Alright, I get ya. Congratulations on a mission well done?" she asked with a subtle upbeat in her tone. It wasn't clear if she was referring to the debt or to whatever object he had hidden away upon his departure.

As he left, however, she let her demeanor change in preparation for the task ahead. According to her partner for this escapade, they'd already have been buttered and/or shaken up considerably. So, in theory, all she had to do was go in and look threatening. Maybe if she treated this as an interrogation...? Eh, she'd see how it went and adjust accordingly. Plans weren't too much her speed, anyway.

The Yamanaka ended up slamming the doors open with a bit of too much 'accidental' force, letting her split lip from the transformation twist her lips into an unsettling grimace. Her pupilless eyes, while normally an odd but otherwise non threatening feature, took on an eerie glimmer as if they saw everything and nothing at once. If those two parasites didn't shit themselves upon seeing her, she'd eat her headband. Well... Not literally. She hoped. They seemed pretty disconnected from ninja affairs, anyway.

It went surprisingly well. She managed to rack up about eighty three percent of their debt, eight whole points over what Yosei convinced them they could part with. Naturally, she subtly marked the debt in the leger after leaving as only having paid seventy five. The other eight percent went straight into her own pockets. Nobody would likely notice, and it wasn't like the Kikudos had a leg to stand on. No, if they tried to protest, the remaining 'twenty five' would be brought up and they'd likely remain silent.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. She headed home after the fact, ready to relax.

[WC: 511]
[Total WC: 1,019]

(Exit)

Claiming:
10x2= +20 stats
5x2= +10 AP
2,100x2= +4,200 ryo

1,019x2= 2,038 WC
474 words to finish https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t45404-v7-sugar-rush , the rest of which is linked on my stat page
1,500 words to learn b rank https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t45009-tank-v7
64 meager, meager words to https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t44990-chakra-absorption-v7
Tottori
Tottori
Citizen
Stat Page : The Executioner
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 58000

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:52 pm
Approved